Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I don't think it is very nice to say you are going to spoil the new baby right in front of your older kids, though.

I agree. It was a thoughtless thing to say. I don't think that makes them trash. I doubt that she or John are going to push aside the girls. I hope not. There is nothing worse than a spoiled rotten younger boy with older sisters. 

• Love 4

So Katie is visiting the Websters and helping Alyssa decorate. Baby boy is moving in with Maci and Zoey so the pink walls must be changed! New color will be tan and any hint of pink, like on the girls name signs, must be changed. I guess a baby boy would grow up girly if he looked at something pink? IDK. I didn’t watch the video too closely so I missed if this is temporary set up or just for now. I was shocked baby boy wasn’t going in with Allie.

• Sad 6
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So Katie is visiting the Websters and helping Alyssa decorate. Baby boy is moving in with Maci and Zoey so the pink walls must be changed! New color will be tan and any hint of pink, like on the girls name signs, must be changed. I guess a baby boy would grow up girly if he looked at something pink? IDK. I didn’t watch the video too closely so I missed if this is temporary set up or just for now. I was shocked baby boy wasn’t going in with Allie.

I would hope Allie expressed dismay at having to re-paint her room for a stupid newborn baby who isn't going to know his colors anyway and they decided to put him elsewhere.  Poor girls, presuming that they liked the pink walls and decor.  I hope that they were stuck with the pink and hoping for a change anyway.  All this emphasis on strict separation of tastes based on their chromosomal complement is so awful.  Of course, it's hard to believe that the girls chose the tan color for the walls; that sounds like a fundie influencer choice.

What is wrong with yellow?  Or green?  Or any other cheerful shade that a kid might prefer?

If I had to live in their homes, I'd be thinking that my vision was going and I was no longer able to discern color.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Someone tell them pink was once a boy’s color. This is just sad. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I was shocked that she is putting the baby with Maci and the other youngest girl, whose name escapes me right now.  And why redo the walls and such.  It isn't like he is going to know or understand.  He will stay with Alyssa and John for the first few months anyway.  And then I'm sure when he gets to be 1 or 2, they will rearrange again.   The spoiling has begun.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

She could’ve done tan but left the girls’ signs and just got him one, presumably in “I have a penis” blue. 

8 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Why don't they keep the baby in their room for the first year or so? That's what people always did years ago -- before the baby monitors came around.

I think they did with Maci for awhile, although she did have stuff in Allie’s room before she moved in. So I’m assuming they will but needed to do a nursery for clicks. 

5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Well can’t say I am surprised. Kind of shocked they didn’t shove all four girls together so the little prince could have his own room, although I guess that will happen eventually.

Lol. I wondered about that for Chad & Erin’s. Their new house has 3 BR but they have 4 girls and along Carson. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 3

Apparently Katie and Alyssa did a pregnancy Q&A. Someone on Reddit watched it so we don't have to. The summary of the questions and answers is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/yz3hva/katie_and_alyssa_qna_summary/

One thing that surprised me was Alyssa's openness to discussing sex. I can't decide if she's really that much of a freak or whether she's trying to spice up her and John's boring images. When I see them together they don't exactly give me hot and heavy vibes. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Apparently Katie and Alyssa did a pregnancy Q&A. Someone on Reddit watched it so we don't have to. The summary of the questions and answers is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/yz3hva/katie_and_alyssa_qna_summary/

One thing that surprised me was Alyssa's openness to discussing sex. I can't decide if she's really that much of a freak or whether she's trying to spice up her and John's boring images. When I see them together they don't exactly give me hot and heavy vibes. 

I laughed out loud at the recap saying that Katie is planning a "babymoon." Her entire life is a vacation so why would this be any different? 

I thought Alyssa's comments about her sex life were performative. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I laughed out loud at the recap saying that Katie is planning a "babymoon." Her entire life is a vacation so why would this be any different? 

I thought Alyssa's comments about her sex life were performative. 

In one of Katie’s previous posts, she and Travis talked about this wonderful trip they planned & paid for, a combination First Anniversary and babymoon cruise. The dummies didn’t realize that she would be too pregnant to go on this particular cruise. They even admitted they never read the restrictions beforehand where it clearly stated no one 20 weeks or more wasn’t allowed. Sounds like they weren’t getting a full refund either. Must be nice to be so casual about $$.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 10
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

In one of Katie’s previous posts, she and Travis talked about this wonderful trip they planned & paid for, a combination First Anniversary and babymoon cruise. The dummies didn’t realize that she would be too pregnant to go on this particular cruise. They even admitted they never read the restrictions beforehand where it clearly stated no one 20 weeks or more wasn’t allowed. Sounds like they weren’t getting a full refund either. Must be nice to be so casual about $$.

Well, when Mommy and Daddy fund your lifestyle...oh wait, Travis and Katie claimed they pay for everything themselves. And if you believe that, I'm Michelle Duggar. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I too was surprised she mention sex twice. But permanently preventing future pregnancies is private for her. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I too was surprised she mention sex twice. But permanently preventing future pregnancies is private for her. 🙄

Perhaps she doesn’t want to incur Gil’s wrath. Dude hasn’t had a problem telling strangers what to do with their bodies. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

Jill Duggar was the same way only even more open about sex. She was actually giving out "married couples" sex tips on SM for a time. But during a Q&A, when asked if they were using birth control at that time, it was a quick yes and onto the next question.

I guess years and years of hearing about accepting "all of God's blessings" is a hard one to shake.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 11/12/2022 at 8:40 AM, Dehumidifier said:

Why don't they keep the baby in their room for the first year or so? That's what people always did years ago -- before the baby monitors came around.

It’s what the AAP recommends as well. 

On 11/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, ozziemom said:

Once we were checking in to a Disney cruise and had to watch an over 20 weeks pregnant person be turned away. They hadn’t read the restrictions that are very clearly stated at various points during the booking process.

• Love 2

I'm working from home today and just caught an episode of the 60s sitcom Family Affair and I noticed how strongly Alyssa (prior to her post-marriage secularization of her look) resembled the older sister Cissy (actress Kathy Garver).

alyssa-bates-john-webster-1014x570 Use.jpg

familyaffair_kids.jpg

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

Per Alyssa's latest stories, Ellie, Addie and Warden are in Florida for Thanksgiving. Naturally Alyssa wastes no time dumping her kids for "date night," but get this: she takes Warden along to dinner but leaves her sisters to babysit. How fucked up is that? At first I thought maybe it was Warden's birthday or something, but I looked it up and his birthday is in May. I feel so bad for the poor girls stuck in this shitty cult. Hopefully Alyssa brought home a few scraps from the restaurant for her sisters to gnaw on 🙄

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 9
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Per Alyssa's latest stories, Ellie, Addie and Warden are in Florida for Thanksgiving. Naturally Alyssa wastes no time dumping her kids for "date night," but get this: she takes Warden along to dinner but leaves her sisters to babysit. How fucked up is that? At first I thought maybe it was Warden's birthday or something, but I looked it up and his birthday is in May. I feel so bad for the poor girls stuck in this shitty cult. Hopefully Alyssa brought home a few scraps from the restaurant for her sisters to gnaw on 🙄

Well at Alyssa so eloquently put it in her reveal - "that's just how boys are treated."

She's putting on a master class for her own kids about how life will be for them vs. their princely brother. Allie/Lexie are old enough to notice that their uncle got to go out with their parents, while their aunts had to stay home. They're also bound to notice that tomorrow their aunts will be up early, dealing with everything from the turkey to the potatoes, to washing dishes after [assuming some "sweet friend" hasn't invited them or they aren't going to the inlaws' - though they'll still be expected to help there bc Alyssa ain't lifting a finger in someone else's home], to getting the kids ready for the family photo opp -- while their uncle will chill with John in front of football games until it's time to eat.

• Sad 12

2 thoughts—of course Ellie & Addie stayed at home.  Definitely babysitting and probably starting the Thanksgiving food prep. 
—Yes, it looked weird with Warden on their date night but I’m suspecting Warden might have a local GF but he’s not ready to put it on SM. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

Well at Alyssa so eloquently put it in her reveal - "that's just how boys are treated."

She's putting on a master class for her own kids about how life will be for them vs. their princely brother. Allie/Lexie are old enough to notice that their uncle got to go out with their parents, while their aunts had to stay home. They're also bound to notice that tomorrow their aunts will be up early, dealing with everything from the turkey to the potatoes, to washing dishes after [assuming some "sweet friend" hasn't invited them or they aren't going to the inlaws' - though they'll still be expected to help there bc Alyssa ain't lifting a finger in someone else's home], to getting the kids ready for the family photo opp -- while their uncle will chill with John in front of football games until it's time to eat.

Alyssa acts just like her mother (and Michelle Duggar) did when she was growing up. Once you're married and reproducing, you don't have to do anything else in the house. Spawning is your job. And if you're actively incubating, you don't have to lift a finger even on holidays. Somebody else will do it for you. 

I feel sorry for the unmarried Bateslings, and really, really sorry for Alyssa's daughters, now that they've been cast aside. As I said before, Alyssa is trash. So is anyone else who treats her daughters like that in favor of a golden penis-bearer. 

• Sad 8

I get the impression that Addie and Ellie and some of the other Bates kids really like to spend time at Alyss and John's house. They get away from the Bates parents and can do more normal things. It's interesting that Carlin and Josie spend the holidays with the inlaws rather than K&G. They always seem to be having fun and enjoying themselves. Whereas at the Bates it's just sitting around tha dirty rundown house and maybe playing some stupid made up game.  

I haven't seen any evidence of Alyssa casting her daughter aside. And certainly no evidence of her being trash. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

—Yes, it looked weird with Warden on their date night but I’m suspecting Warden might have a local GF but he’s not ready to put it on SM. 

Okay, a double date would make sense, I didn't think of that possibility. I just can't imagine having guests come into town and making them watch four kids, but Fundies gonna Fundie. It's weird though, how Alyssa never does date night unless her sisters are there. No teenagers from her church do babysitting? Or is she just too cheap to pay? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I get the impression that Addie and Ellie and some of the other Bates kids really like to spend time at Alyss and John's house. They get away from the Bates parents and can do more normal things. It's interesting that Carlin and Josie spend the holidays with the inlaws rather than K&G. They always seem to be having fun and enjoying themselves. Whereas at the Bates it's just sitting around tha dirty rundown house and maybe playing some stupid made up game.  

I haven't seen any evidence of Alyssa casting her daughter aside. And certainly no evidence of her being trash. 

People who treat their kids differently on the basis of gender are trash. That includes my father. Imagine how the girls feel -- the Bates girls and the Webster girls. Boys get to do fun stuff, girls have to work. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

People who treat their kids differently on the basis of gender are trash. That includes my father. Imagine how the girls feel -- the Bates girls and the Webster girls. Boys get to do fun stuff, girls have to work. 

Clapping Applause GIF

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

She usually posts date night pics. 

Plus she ALWAYS goes on about how they NEVER get a date night, it's soooo rare - as she dumps her kids on Addie/Ellie, takes pics with John and leaves; And it's not that rare as one of the sister is in town every six weeks or so - IDK too many married couples with 4+ kids getting a date night nearly monthly.

And yes she IS trash even though there isn't a boy here yet to treat differently because she is already SAYING she'll do better things/get him better stuff and when her girls complain she'll brush it off as "that's how boys are treated." I mean she isn't saying "that's how boys are treated" over something biological that no one one wants to do - like yeah boys have to get those hernia tests, that's just how it is. She is saying that SHE will do different/better things for the boy.

Sad thing is Allie/Lexie are figuring out what they've probably suspected. I can imagine over the years many fundie relatives have slapped John on the back and been like man you need a SON. I mean I can picture Gil doing this and I imagine there's at least some brother/cousin/uncle whoever who says it on the Webster side. I mean Alyssa had a conversation with Mama Jane about how she wouldn't have more than 4 (?) girls, that's just too many girls blah blah. I'm not saying Allie heard that specific conversation but I imagine repeats of those comments/conversations have happened over the years and little ears are always listening. And now here's John confirming that Alyssa was the one who wanted the boy + Alyssa confirming yep boys are treated differently.

• Sad 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

But there is to date no boy child to treat differently just a fetus.  Sorry that your father treated you differently from the boys. That must have been hard. 

Look at the way the Bates boys are treated. Why is Alyssa taking Random Brother out to dinner while Slave Sisters stay home and watch HER children and get ready for Thanksgiving? She absolutely is treating them differently, and she's already talking about "spoiling" her son because "that's how boys are treated." It's clear as day. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
On 11/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Heathen said:

Look at the way the Bates boys are treated. Why is Alyssa taking Random Brother out to dinner while Slave Sisters stay home and watch HER children and get ready for Thanksgiving? She absolutely is treating them differently, and she's already talking about "spoiling" her son because "that's how boys are treated." It's clear as day. 

It really is. If Alyssa didn't like it she doesn't have to follow it. Clearly she does since she says that's how boys are treated. I feel for her girls and her sisters. How sad that having your nieces dumped on you when you visit your sister and do a bunch of work is better than being at home with all the work dumped on you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I was watching, maybe Erin's, IG reel and thought Allie was Callie in one pic. The IG story won't open again for me now, but I never realized how much Callie and Allie look alike.

image.png.3a638e7fd7557e8a46cde1409e0c63ab.pngimage.png.8eeac6c315c823b28e0191bebd7f3876.png

I got it to open. I saw the first pic and Allie registered as Callie to me for a sec, then the next pic, there was Callie.

image.png.937fa3cb45c7c43140cb00655704916e.pngimage.png.aeda6739de21aff065acab3a76a57474.png

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think that's Addee, who has lightened her hair.

It’s not Addee. It could be a girlfriend. I’m not sure how many other people were invited to this party. 

• Like 3

Is it just me or are A&J's girls over the top whinny? I have a high threshold for crying and whining, since kids are innocent and have to communicate somehow.  But I find myself lowering the volume because their whining is constant. I just watched their Xmas video and they gave me a headache. 

I noticed something in the video. All four girls received sneakers as a gift, which is a pragmatic purchase. The three youngest also received three other gifts. Allie got her sneakers an instant camera kit with a mini album. Those cameras are not that expensive and I found the disparity odd. I could have also missed the other gifts. 

Maci seems to be going through a no stage and she made me laugh. She didn't want a Chick-Fila shake nor wanted a cherry in the car. You go Maci, unleash your contrary toddler phase. I did a quick check since we do not eat at CF and their order was at least $47.00. My gosh the amount of food that can be cooked for that amount. We would have had a very nice dinner and plenty of leftovers. Alyssa did grow up with a father who boasted about taking his kids to CF, and they would get a bun and three nuggets each, split the fries, and drank water. I think its part why Alyssa and Carlin are so obsessed with fast food. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Is it just me or are A&J's girls over the top whinny? I have a high threshold for crying and whining, since kids are innocent and have to communicate somehow.  But I find myself lowering the volume because their whining is constant. I just watched their Xmas video and they gave me a headache. 

I noticed something in the video. All four girls received sneakers as a gift, which is a pragmatic purchase. The three youngest also received three other gifts. Allie got her sneakers an instant camera kit with a mini album. Those cameras are not that expensive and I found the disparity odd. I could have also missed the other gifts. 

Maci seems to be going through a no stage and she made me laugh. She didn't want a Chick-Fila shake nor wanted a cherry in the car. You go Maci, unleash your contrary toddler phase. I did a quick check since we do not eat at CF and their order was at least $47.00. My gosh the amount of food that can be cooked for that amount. We would have had a very nice dinner and plenty of leftovers. Alyssa did grow up with a father who boasted about taking his kids to CF, and they would get a bun and three nuggets each, split the fries, and drank water. I think its part why Alyssa and Carlin are so obsessed with fast food. 

Sorry to quote myself, couldn't find the edit feature. I don't know if it's because of the new changes or because I'm using a new laptop. SBaba decided it was time for me to have a Mac Book to go along with my other Apple devices. I've always used Windows PCs. Wish me luck.

I was checking out a BBQ place we get take out from like once every three months. The family special includes half a chicken, spare ribs, beef brisket, cold slaw, baked beans, and so much BBQ sauce we always have leftover after having dinner and lunch the next day. The price is $56 and while I'm not a CF consumer I think it's a better use of money than spending almost $50 on fast food. 

Another thing I noticed was Alyssa making a big deal that she ordered a diet lemonade.  She said she started craving it with this pregnancy.  I hope it's truly a craving and not Alyssa worrying about weight gain. Especially when she seems to bounce back so fast. 

• Useful 3