Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

I find this whole Alyssa and her Instagram woes pretty funny. I think we were all supposed to be indignant and rise up in support of poor Alyssa. Unfortunately for her, most of us are wise to how Instagram works. Also, she is boring and her content was the same day after day. And how convenient that she took over John’s Instagram just the other day! Now she can post her boring stuff and call it the kids account.

• Love 4

Someone on the Bates subReddit who works in social media gives her take on Alyssa's Instagram drama. It makes a lot of sense:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/uaeref/a_brief_description_of_why_alyssa_is_not/

I'm not a big social media user, so I didn't realize you needed certain "tools" to post sponsored content on Instagram. Alyssa has a lengthy history of not properly disclosing. If she crossed the line one too many times and got dinged, that explains the pissy tirade that seemed to come out of nowhere. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
On 4/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, BitterApple said:

Someone on the Bates subReddit who works in social media gives her take on Alyssa's Instagram drama. It makes a lot of sense:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/uaeref/a_brief_description_of_why_alyssa_is_not/

I'm not a big social media user, so I didn't realize you needed certain "tools" to post sponsored content on Instagram. Alyssa has a lengthy history of not properly disclosing. If she crossed the line one too many times and got dinged, that explains the pissy tirade that seemed to come out of nowhere. 

Doesn't surprise me that she doesn't understand how the "tools" are used that she doesn't understand that she isn't actually shadow banned either.  

I wonder if she had coffee and worked out today?  Oh wait, bet she dressed her girls the same and went to church.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Doesn't surprise me that she doesn't understand how the "tools" are used that she doesn't understand that she isn't actually shadow banned either.  

I wonder if she had coffee and worked out today?  Oh wait, bet she dressed her girls the same and went to church.  

I wonder if Tikky or whoever gifts the Webster girls the matching dresses will still be sending them if Alyssa doesn’t post pictures on SM?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I wonder if Tikky or whoever gifts the Webster girls the matching dresses will still be sending them if Alyssa doesn’t post pictures on SM?

She's using Lurch's Instagram and noticed she posted church pics in matchy dresses.  I'm thinking, yeah, she'll take them as long as she can.

5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Out of curiosity, I checked out John's IG profile. Alyssa has officially taken it over. Sad, because he only has about a third of the followers that Alyssa has.

Yeah but she gets to make a point about Instagram being mean to her account! Plus she just can’t stop posting her boring matchy match pictures for us. It’s all for her faithful followers.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yeah but she gets to make a point about Instagram being mean to her account! Plus she just can’t stop posting her boring matchy match pictures for us. It’s all for her faithful followers.

Maybe if she continues to post there and sees that she isn't getting more followers; she'll realize that her lack of traffic on her own account was due to her own boring posts and not an Instagram vendetta against her.  Probably not, she's not that bright, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometime, so it could happen.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Alyssa's latest YouTube offering:

https://youtu.be/nsnCVEvuUuw

Jackson is in town, followed by five minutes of Child Fil A breakfast sandwiches.

Also, the Websters' HOA is making them repaint the house. They received a letter saying the black window trim is against the rules. Alyssa and John felt like it came out of left field given the exterior was like that when they moved in and apparently had been for years. They were planning on painting anyways, but now have to do it sooner rather than later. HOA's are a nightmare where I live, so I can sympathize with them on this one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

As far as Alyssa & John's HOA violation letter goes...I work for our HOA right here in Orlando. The fault lies with both the HOA AND the Websters. Before they closed on their house, the HOA should have listed the existing paint job on the house was in violation of their rules...the seller would be responsible to have the house painted with approval from the HOA before closing OR give the Websters a "paint allowance" so they can paint it quickly after closing. The Websters, knowing that they live in an HOA, should have contacted the HOA office FIRST, before they did anything to the outside of the house and found out what the rules were regarding these things. Our HOA has an approved paint book. Owners must choose their paint colors only from this paint book, apply to the Architectural Review committee for approval on their choices before any work is done. My professional advice to them is: always, always check with the HOA office first. They absolutely need to contact their HOA to see if they have approved colors...leaving it to "neutral colors" is wide open for denial on their choice. Perhaps they need to put in for more than one color option on their application form. A letter of approval from the HOA should also be sent to them when their paint color(s) are approved so they know they can proceed without hesitation. Welcome to the real world, Alyssa. You don't live out in the country in your daddy's TLC -given expanded house any more. HOA's primary responsibility is to keep the resale values of the homes in the community UP...and protect the investment of all of the owners. They had no idea what they bought in to. This is also partly their realtor's fault for not letting them know what having an HOA means. They also should have been given a set of governing documents before or upon closing to familiarize themselves with early on. 

On another note, I can't believe that this woman thinks getting out in the car, driving down to a fast food place to pick up breakfast and coffee is less exhausting than preparing breakfast at home. It's a waste of time, energy and money to do this. She is tired??? Why? She is home all week. This woman does not leave the house and go to work a real job. She should not be up until 2am doing anything unless the baby is up fussing...She needs to send her daughters to school so she has some peace and quiet to get her housework, laundry, shopping and cooking done. Having 4 girls at home all the time leaves not much time to manage and run her household. I know the difference when my children were home for summer vacation and when they left for school.  Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I just don't " get  it" with this spoiled young lady. I understand her childhood was unfortunate in many ways as were her siblings', but they seem to be making up for it now.  

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

As far as Alyssa & John's HOA violation letter goes...I work for our HOA right here in Orlando. The fault lies with both the HOA AND the Websters. Before they closed on their house, the HOA should have listed the existing paint job on the house was in violation of their rules...the seller would be responsible to have the house painted with approval from the HOA before closing OR give the Websters a "paint allowance" so they can paint it quickly after closing. The Websters, knowing that they live in an HOA, should have contacted the HOA office FIRST, before they did anything to the outside of the house and found out what the rules were regarding these things. Our HOA has an approved paint book. Owners must choose their paint colors only from this paint book, apply to the Architectural Review committee for approval on their choices before any work is done. My professional advice to them is: always, always check with the HOA office first. They absolutely need to contact their HOA to see if they have approved colors...leaving it to "neutral colors" is wide open for denial on their choice. Perhaps they need to put in for more than one color option on their application form. A letter of approval from the HOA should also be sent to them when their paint color(s) are approved so they know they can proceed without hesitation. Welcome to the real world, Alyssa. You don't live out in the country in your daddy's TLC -given expanded house any more. HOA's primary responsibility is to keep the resale values of the homes in the community UP...and protect the investment of all of the owners. They had no idea what they bought in to. This is also partly their realtor's fault for not letting them know what having an HOA means. They also should have been given a set of governing documents before or upon closing to familiarize themselves with early on. 

On another note, I can't believe that this woman thinks getting out in the car, driving down to a fast food place to pick up breakfast and coffee is less exhausting than preparing breakfast at home. It's a waste of time, energy and money to do this. She is tired??? Why? She is home all week. This woman does not leave the house and go to work a real job. She should not be up until 2am doing anything unless the baby is up fussing...She needs to send her daughters to school so she has some peace and quiet to get her housework, laundry, shopping and cooking done. Having 4 girls at home all the time leaves not much time to manage and run her household. I know the difference when my children were home for summer vacation and when they left for school.  Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I just don't " get  it" with this spoiled young lady. I understand her childhood was unfortunate in many ways as were her siblings', but they seem to be making up for it now.  

Totally agree about the HOA.  We chose to live in an HOA community.  Granted, it is not for everyone.  Mr lookeyloo has been on the board and now volunteers as needed.  He also heads the Architectural Control Committee which is just to keep the houses looking good which helps property values.  No one who has served either group while we have lived here is looking to alienate residents.  Mostly we get along fine -306 houses.  One problem we have here is that the real estate agents don't always share the covenants which are pretty clear as to what is what. 

Also, before the pandemic the average number of residents attending the monthly meeting averaged about 5.  But then some complained they "weren't heard".  I went to one and one woman who we never saw before started with "someone should blah blah blah" and again "someone should yada yada yada".  I said to her "are you volunteering? Because we are a volunteer board".  No, and we never saw her again.  Now we are on zoom and much greater participation.

I think the Websters are acting clueless by design.  It is Exhausting! I tell you, to keep those girls in matching clothes and make coffee runs!!!

• Love 6

Assuming Alyssa isn't pregnant, I wonder what's really going on. She's mentioned staying up crazy late several times and she's looked exhausted as of late. I don't know if the loss of show income plus diminishing Instagram sponsors is hitting her hard or what, but something is off. 

If I were Alyssa I'd go back to once weekly or bi-weekly YouTube videos and only post occasionally on Instagram. She might have to tighten the purse strings and not do daily fast food runs, but it'll be better in the long run for her mental health. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I want to know how she stays so tiny if she is drinking Venti sugary iced coffee( (with half and half instead of whole milk).  That’s got to have a ton of calories and sugar. 
As far as the HOA goes, I really hope they get the colours approved before they paint. Otherwise they will have to do it again.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I want to know how she stays so tiny if she is drinking Venti sugary iced coffee( (with half and half instead of whole milk).  That’s got to have a ton of calories and sugar. 
As far as the HOA goes, I really hope they get the colours approved before they paint. Otherwise they will have to do it again.

She wants her viewers to help her pick colors. Yeah, that'll go well. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

I’ve only been followed Alyssa for about two weeks on Instagram and on here the same amount of time.  

It’s been an experience like watching paint dry. 

I’m thinking when they got that HOA letter she peed her pants with joy!  Something to whine about for the next two weeks. 

I remember way back in the beginning where I didn’t realize that there was an Alyssa. That’s how much they kept to themselves. 

The Bates family visited them and Alyssa seemed most uncomfortable with them there!

What a difference a reality show makes!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Bates family visited them and Alyssa seemed most uncomfortable with them there!

What a difference a reality show makes!

Alyssa seems to do better when her family visits in small doses. When they visited as a herd it was overwhelming. I can’t blame her. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, SMama said:

Alyssa seems to do better when her family visits in small doses. When they visited as a herd it was overwhelming. I can’t blame her. 

Neither can I. They were obnoxious when they came to visit her and visiting their grandparents on the show. I'm sure they are much worse without the cameras.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Neither can I. They were obnoxious when they came to visit her and visiting their grandparents on the show. I'm sure they are much worse without the cameras.

I remember when they visited for Allie’s birthday. Alyssa had a bowl of strawberries and in no uncertain terms told them they were off limits. The rubes proceeded to stuff their faces while laughing like the idiots they are. 

Lol, so Alyssa is back on her own Instagram asking followers how often they'd like to see her post. So much for taking a break to focus on her family 🙄. I think she quickly realized nobody was following her over to John's account and gave up the pretense. She even included a screen shot of people DM'ing her, claiming they missed the pictures of her morning coffee. Is it possible to send yourself messages from dummy accounts? Fans can be weird, but wanting to see pictures of coffee is a level of strange I didn't know existed. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

She’s back!

Alyssa just did a “week in review” on her stories.  No coffee or workout pics but there was Maci, pool, shopping with a friend, John’s baseball game, Lexi and Zoey learning to clean the glass on the French doors, and , of course, a sunset. 🙄

• LOL 5

So she barely lasted a week not posting on Instagram. Jeez I really doubt there was a tremendous outcry for her to come back, but she probably doesn’t have a clue on what else to do with herself. Very sad.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm wondering if those swatch choices that she presented for the Leghumpers to choose from are HOA approved? 

Probably not. 

And then she will bitch about the HOA targeting them. 

• Love 7

I'm on the floor dying of laughter. Alyssa's latest video might as well be titled, "F.U. Interwebz."

https://youtu.be/rw8cUKE-rgc

The most common thoughts on Alyssa both here and on Reddit are: a) She's self-centered and never does anything nice for others, b) she never leaves the house, and, c) she never takes her kids anywhere. 

Well our girl worked harder than the devil to dispel all three. First, Alyssa's running errands solo and sooooo grateful because she's always out all week driving everywhere with the kids (Sure, Jan). She hardly gets alone time (double Sure, Jan), so she really appreciates these "rare" moments. 

And quelle surprise! She's throwing a birthday party for her friend! She picks up cake, donuts and makes the requisite stop at Chik Fil A and talks about how she has this big celebration planned. I'm not gonna lie, Alyssa's party set-ups are adorable, but she didn't show any of the actual event. In fairness, maybe her friends didn't want to be on YouTube, but this is also why her content sucks. 

The video concludes with the girls getting awards at Awana. John blathers on about how scripture memorization improved his math skills and Alyssa is totally tuning him out. One interesting tidbit, Alyssa is a group leader at the co-op. She probably isn't any more or less qualified than any other Fundie Mom, but at least it's something besides spending her days on social media, so yay.

• Love 4

Alyssa's latest YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/79QXnn7aal8

Boring as hell, I fast-forwarded through most of it.

Warden visits. Warden plays with the girls in the pool. Warden helps John change light fixtures (no free rides at Alyssa's!). They go to Top Golf. The End. 

The best part about it is someone calling Alyssa out in the comments, saying it really isn't a vacation for her siblings when they're expected to work throughout their stay. I'm sure that will be deleted. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I noticed she dropped the video yesterday afternoon while all her siblings were gathering in San Diego for the rehearsal dinner.

Wonder how her day is going.  Any bets on whether she posts anything on Instagram today?

• Love 3

How jealous must Alyssa be right now? All these girls have FOMO or at least the middle girls. So Josie is off boating and posting pics as if her and Kelton are a J Crew ad; Carlin left the ER and got there and is staying up until midnight/3 AM eastern after the rehearsal [kudos Carlin - you realize you slept from midnight after the ER to maybe 3 am and have been at the airport or traveling or getting ready since 4 am right but sure do a full 24 hrs awake. I'm sure that'll help you feel better eyeroll]; everyone is rushing to have Katie do their hair; Whit is posting beach pics; and many have dumped their kids off on Michael/Addie/Ellie/Callie or at least their younger kids so this is a vacay for them.

And Alyssa thought she was being cool by playing the "I'm not wasting my money for another lame Bates trip" card except they are having a hectic fun time, and all she'll have to show for it is McDonalds coffee pics. I'm betting she posts nothing until tonight/tomorrow morning at the earliest as I imagine it's an afternoon wedding so there will be at least a few siblings posting something this evening + siblings will start posting about their post wedding fun [at least Josie] and others will have airport pics.

• Love 6

There will probably be the obligatory family photos from the wedding, maybe Alyssa can photoshop herself in. I feel a tiny bit sad for Alyssa as I’m sure she never thought she would be the only sibling not at the wedding. And they all seem to be having fun etc etc. But as others have said, she had plenty of time to save or make some kind of plan besides all six of them flying to California.

• Love 4
(edited)

Honestly I can't blame any of them for having FOMO.  Their parents really messed them up by having such a large family.  

Practically every one of the kids got pushed aside for new sibling before they were 18 months old.  In a normal sized family it would be easier for Mom or Dad to give some extra attention to the former baby of the family, but when there are 8 or 12 or 18 other kids it becomes next to impossible.

So the kids had to find a way to make themselves special.  Michael just worked like a dog, cooking and sewing and tending to little siblings.  Alyssa was the organizer. Erin was the special musically talented princess.  Carlin became loud and dramatic and wanted to be part of everything.  Katie became the special sister who always had time to help everyone and send them little gifts.

I think that's where the competition among the sisters saying that so and so was their "bestie" comes from.  They weren't getting individual attention from their parents, but at least they could have a sister who thought they were special. And of course they all show up to big events regardless of cost or inconvenience because if they aren't there chances are no one will miss them or even notice their absence.

Who knows what the real story is as to why Alyssa could not go.  It's John's busy season and he already took time off for the other weddings and I Love You Day.  Maybe he used up all of his paid vacation time.  They have been spending non stop since they bought the house.  Maybe they were using those no interest for a year credit cards and didn't have a chance to pay them off before the interest kicked in.  Maybe they really are feeling the loss of Instagram sponsorships. We don't really know what is going on behind the scenes of the heavily edited Instagram posts.

I am sure it bothers her that she could not go. She knows there is speculation, and I'm pretty sure she does care what the family thinks.  After all, she is always asking the visiting siblings and nieces/nephews if she is their favourite.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

There will probably be the obligatory family photos from the wedding, maybe Alyssa can photoshop herself in. I feel a tiny bit sad for Alyssa 

I feel a bit bad for her too. My Spidey Senses tell me John was the one who put the kibbosh on going to the wedding. Like 3 is enough just noted, John may have added up what they spent traveling to Bates family events over the past year and said no more. Between Nathan's wedding, Katie's wedding and I Love You Day, it must've cost them a grip. 

I don't know what sort of money tree Zach has in his backyard that enabled him to take all four kids to San Diego, but clearly the Websters had to scale back (or they weren't willing to rack up more debt). 

I also think Alyssa thought for sure that Erin and Tori would opt out, which would ease the obviousness of her own absence. She may have been surprised to be the only sibling staying home. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I don't feel bad for her.  She knew the wedding was coming up.  She could have pawned the kids off to John's family for a few days while she flew out for the wedding.  She could have easily saved money for a plane ticket by cutting out the coffee & Chic fil a runs.

All of the siblings, not just her, have to expect a wedding a year for the next years.  The ones living out of state will have to plan accordingly.  But they suck at planning, so we all know how that will go. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Actually, after Trace’s wedding in October it could be a few years before there is another wedding.  Addallee just turned 16, and the oldest of the single boys is Jackson who just turned 20.  None of the other boys got  married before 25, and I don’t see that changing because I am pretty sure Gil doesn’t have the money to help support the married couples.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I don't feel bad for her.  She knew the wedding was coming up.  She could have pawned the kids off to John's family for a few days while she flew out for the wedding.  She could have easily saved money for a plane ticket by cutting out the coffee & Chic fil a runs.

All of the siblings, not just her, have to expect a wedding a year for the next years.  The ones living out of state will have to plan accordingly.  But they suck at planning, so we all know how that will go. 

I get it and I don't disagree. Alyssa blows money left and right. I just feel like not going came from John's end, even if they had the money. At first I thought maybe he couldn't take time off from work and Alyssa didn't want to travel alone, but Warden was there so she could've just flown out with him and stayed at the family's AirBnB. It just feels weird, because you'd think a trip to San Diego would be something Alyssa would move mountains for. Her missing it feels off. 

• Love 5

On Reddit someone posted an answer Alyssa gave to a comment someone made on her Instagram account.  Apparently the comment has since been deleted, but the exchange went like this:

commenter: You guys really didn't go to your own brother's wedding? Wow.

Alyssa: When you have 18 siblings and multiple weddings and events to attend every year plus you live out of state...then you can have a say.  Until then, mind your own business.

Safe to say she is bothered that she didn't/couldn't go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

People is supposed to have photos sometime today. Trace had a photo in his stories yesterday where you could see a glimpse of Tiffany in the background, but it has been taken down.  I think you can still find it on Reddit.

• Love 1

I’m sure People magazine will be doing a spread on the wedding and $$$ for the happy couple!

I’m surprised the Bates are so popular after the show folding. They all spend money like they have it and not a care in the world. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another Bates show pop up soon!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

On Reddit someone posted an answer Alyssa gave to a comment someone made on her Instagram account.  Apparently the comment has since been deleted, but the exchange went like this:

commenter: You guys really didn't go to your own brother's wedding? Wow.

Alyssa: When you have 18 siblings and multiple weddings and events to attend every year plus you live out of state...then you can have a say.  Until then, mind your own business.

Safe to say she is bothered that she didn't/couldn't go.

While I agree with her answer she should have just ignored the post.  It's no one's business but her's why she didn't 't go. Lots of folks on Reddit agreed. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

While I agree with her answer she should have just ignored the post.  It's no one's business but her's why she didn't 't go. Lots of folks on Reddit agreed. 

Yes.  Best to ignore the comments.  But easier said than done, I'm sure.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 6