Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Spoilers

peachmangosteen
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I could see it being Rodney as well. Honestly I think it's pretty clear that Rodney is actually playing the best game and if he won I would easily understand it. They did show his gross sexist comments earlier, but they've really turned his edit around since merge where he's being shown as a big strategic force and a funny guy that everyone enjoys. I still can't really see him as 'one of the most likable winners ever,' but I could maybe understand Probst seeing him that way while the game was being played.

I think I'll be most surprised at this point if Tyler wins, unless he does something really drastic/awesome soon and/or manages to get above at least one person in the confessional count. But even then, his win would be super meh to me.

ETA: I mean obviously I'd be most surprised if Dan or Will won, but that is not going to happen so it's not worth it to even consider it IMO.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

The only thing that would be iconic about Rodney winning is if he drops the whole Bahstan bahdy meathead act and reveals at the reunion show with a proper highborn British accent that he's originally from England and that he's a neurosurgeon.

I disagree that he's playing the best game. He's too prone to reactionary outbursts.

• Love 7

I have searched, admittedly not in depth, to find Jenn's comment on Rodney.  He did not bother her because, and here is where I cannot quote her.  She held no animosity toward him because he was honest in who he was, made no apology and that was not expected.  Apparently he treated everyone well.  He was just an asshole that was understood!  LOL!  

• Love 1
(edited)

A REWARD CHALLENGE GIVES CASTAWAYS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DELIVER SUPPLIES TO A LOCAL ORPHANAGE, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 6

“Holding On For Dear Life” – A reward gives castaways an opportunity to deliver supplies to a local orphanage.  Also, castaways must scramble after a crazy tribal council leaves some on the outs.

Here's the description for next week.  Once again nothing too revealing, which might mean a pretty obvious boot.  Dan has up until the final 5 to use his extra vote, so maybe he sticks with Rodney's group after all and uses that to persuade people down the road.  Mike isn't going anywhere.  So I guess it will come down to whether Dan and Sierra go back to Mike and use Dan's extra vote to force a tie with Rodney/Will/Tyler/Carolyn, or if Dan and/or Sierra stays with Rodney's group and assume they are safe.  Maybe they target Carolyn, but she uses her idol, and one of them (likely Sierra) gets blindsided.  Or they go after the next biggest threat, Tyler, and get him out, which would pretty much confirm Mike has this season won.  I would think a moment where Dan's vote is used would get mentioned.  

ETA: I was thinking the crazy TC was in reference to last week, but I wonder if something does happen this week with Mike playing his idol and/or Dan bringing up the extra vote and it either causes people to flip.  I could see Dan attempting to pull a Mike move and say he has but then never follow through on using it, just mentioning it to get people on his side.  Maybe that's the whole "Shakespearean" thing Probst was talking about.  Since there's been a lot of "flippers never win" coming from Mike and especially Dan, perhaps Tyler and Carolyn turn on Rodney and flip to Mike's side, and at the end one of them is victorious with the win.

Edited by LadyChatts
Dan has up until the final 5 to use his extra vote,

What gives you that impression?  From what I understood of the rules for Dan's vote, there is no time limit on it.

What gives you that impression?  From what I understood of the rules for Dan's vote, there is no time limit on it.

Someone asked him on his twitter if he could only use it to a certain point.

Didn't Probst say the twist was beautifully played?  That would indicate that Dan plays it well. 

Someone on Sucks was complaining about Max's tweets being a little spoilery.  You know, geeky clues etc.  Not sure how true

but the one I read someone interpreted as meaning Mike wins.  Something about 6 villians and a hero?  Cayagan? 

I hope so.  I've been ok with Mike winning since sometime before the merge.  At this point, he is my one choice for winner. 

Didn't Probst say the twist was beautifully played?  That would indicate that Dan plays it well. 

I'm hoping that means that Dan fails spectacularly.  Although, realistically, since Mike is about the only guy left I can even vaguely root for I guess I want Dan to use it well to thwart the Axis of Rodney.

• Love 4

Someone on Sucks was complaining about Max's tweets being a little spoilery.  You know, geeky clues etc.  Not sure how true

but the one I read someone interpreted as meaning Mike wins.  Something about 6 villians and a hero?  Cayagan? 

I hope so.  I've been ok with Mike winning since sometime before the merge.  At this point, he is my one choice for winner. 

I don't read Max's twitter that often, but he seems to be the one to take the whole dirty30 and family of Survivor the most seriously (next to Mike).  He even backed up Jeff whose been dealing with some backlash over the season, saying that the 'dirty30 had his back'.  And he's still defending his remark about this season having viewers "shitting their pants", as a few posters called him out for that remark.  I guess we have to wait until the end (hmm, maybe there's a first ever tie?)  I think Max has a chip on his shoulder that he was voted out so early.  He expected to go in playing this great mastermind and character and to create all sorts of chaos, and yet the very first plan he put forth in getting So out ended up being a nail in his coffin.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's subtly spilling the beans out of bitterness and jealousy.  And it's also a reason why I expect him to return for some AS edition in the future and get some sort of huge redemption edit.

(edited)

I assumed they meant because they are part of the 30th season, and there's the whole 'dirty 30' birthday celebrations people throw for themselves and for others nowadays.  That was the impression I got was that they were part of Survivor's 30th birthday.  It is possible I'm totally off and they all meant something else.  Which, considering how this cast is on the show and how wrong I've been about things so far, wouldn't surprise me lol

Edited by LadyChatts

That makes sense, I hadn't thought of the 30th season.  I thought it referred to the idea that people get more randy/sexually permissive/sexually desperate once they get into their 30s.  So of course, I was confused to see a family friendly show like Survivor flash #dirtythirty on the screen. 

(edited)

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s30_behind_the_scenes_of_the_challenges_ep12.html

Here is promo pics of the RC for tomorrow.  Another team challenge, 3 on 3, with a school yard pick and the 1 person not selected not being allowed to participate.  Maybe that's really Rodney's problem, though I can't believe he'd be left out (even if he hasn't exactly proven himself a challenge beast).

ETA: Here is a photo from tomorrow night's immunity challenge-another endurance one.  

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1004082/a-survivor-scramble-has-the-castaways-holding-on-for-dear-life-/83411/don-t-let-go/

Also, it looks like Will is the one not picked for the RC (Carolyn/Mike/Sierra vs Dan/Rodney/Tyler).  Unless Dan is one of the captains, I wonder if he was picked just to make sure he didn't feel on the bottom of things after last week.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1004082/a-survivor-scramble-has-the-castaways-holding-on-for-dear-life-/83422/competing-for-reward/

I still think Sierra goes home, however, I won't be surprised if it is Tyler or Rodney blindsided.  Win or lose, I have to think Mike is safe and wouldn't NOT use his idol.  Tyler looked kind of bummed in the press photos, so maybe he loses immunity and feels on the chopping block (or he could just be rattled from last week).  Because of Jenn's comments about Ponderosa being cool and the best 11 days after she was voted off, on top of Shirin talking about underestimating Tyler and Rodney's game, maybe he does go home tomorrow.  I see Tyler as being less offensive to be voted off compared to some of the others.  The CBS twitter is hyping the announcement of S31 more than tomorrow night's episode.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

FWIW, Survivor Fever is once again predicting Tyler to go home this week.  Granted they haven't correctly picked a boot since Kelly, so we'll see.  Carolyn is predicted to win the IC, which means either Mike plays his idol or everyone uses this as an excuse to blindside Tyler and Mike's idol isn't used.  Or maybe he uses the idol, but people call his bluff and vote for him, so his one lone vote sends Tyler packing and he can claim he stayed true to blue.  Kind of disappointed it isn't Dan or Sierra.  Tyler is one of the less offensive people left, and I don't know that his boot will be all that shocking.  Frankly I just want to see the smug look on Dan's face wiped off, and to see some sort of emotion from Sierra if she sees her name come up.  The team of Mike/Sierra/Carolyn are predicted to win the RC, which I can almost believe.

Since Shirin mentioned Carolyn, Tyler, and Rodney all have strong games and are being underestimated, I wonder if they made that discovery more so after those 3 were voted off and they discussed it at Ponderosa, or if it's just the super crappy editing this season.

In saying that, I'm starting to think maybe Carolyn could win this.  Though like anyone left, she'd be in the bottom tier of winners for me.

Edited by LadyChatts

Since Shirin mentioned Carolyn, Tyler, and Rodney all have strong games and are being underestimated, I wonder if they made that discovery more so after those 3 were voted off and they discussed it at Ponderosa, or if it's just the super crappy editing this season.

Didn't Jenn (or maybe Hali) say at Ponderosa that Tyler was going to win? Plus Sierra made the argument that Tyler was the biggest threat to win. Both of those happened outside of Shirin so I'd say we're just not seeing Tyler's (apparently) great game. I'm guessing it's because he doesn't win.

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Jenn (or maybe Hali) say at Ponderosa that Tyler was going to win? Plus Sierra made the argument that Tyler was the biggest threat to win. Both of those happened outside of Shirin so I'd say we're just not seeing Tyler's (apparently) great game. I'm guessing it's because he doesn't win.

I know Jenn and Joe mentioned Tyler winning (I can't remember Hali).  That is exactly what I think, that those that are being credited with playing a wonderful game that we aren't seeing probably don't make the final 3.  Since there's no way Dan or Will will win, that would leave Rodney, Sierra, Mike, and Carolyn.  We have 2 episodes until the finale, so unless Carolyn or Sierra does something extremely drastic to alter the course of the game, I'm going with Mike as the winner.  I just can't believe those 2 would be so invisible up until this point and still win.  If Carolyn loses Tyler as her ally, and feels as though she's on the bottom, then she would need to get creative.  Plus, she's got her idol, which she's running out of time to use.  Sierra can just keep on floating until she either wins immunity when it counts or they don't need her vote anymore.

Tyler getting voted off would go along with Jenn's comment about Ponderosa being great for 11 days after she got there.  

Edited by LadyChatts

It kind of feels like we're down to Mike, the invisibles and the assholes doesn't it? I don't see anyone but Mike winning at this point but I was sooooooo wrong about Shirin so who knows?

• Love 2

We've got two weeks until the finale (a very loooong two weeks).  So we'll see!  Obviously, the six have to turn on each other, so maybe that will liven things up.  But it's only because they have no choice, and somehow I feel like I'll be disappointed there won't be more blood shed as we've seen in Survivor's past when it came to betrayal.

• Love 1

I taped the show while I was out this evening, and when I got home my spouse mentioned the Second Chance voting, and I went there to check out the list of candidates before watching the show.  I noticed Shirin (expected) but then to my surprise I saw Carolyn Rivera on the list.  I asked my spouse, did she get voted out tonight?  He said no.  It looks like CBS spoiled itself?  Carolyn doesn't win?  (sigh of relief)

(edited)

Either Carolyn or Mike could be a decoy; meaning they won but are listed so as to not spoil the season.  They would be ineligible if voted in for next season if they won.  Or they both could have lost this season.  I assume that one will last until the final episode so we don't know until the last minute if there was a decoy or not.

Edited by pennben

I think Jeff & Co. fucked up and put the losers on the voting poll. He's back-pedalling now, saying that "Oh, it might just be that one of them is eliminated from the poll if they win." Which I'm not so sure about. Which is setting us up for a Rodney/Will/Dan finale. Which will make me puke, if so.

• Love 1

I think Jeff & Co. fucked up and put the losers on the voting poll. He's back-pedalling now, saying that "Oh, it might just be that one of them is eliminated from the poll if they win." Which I'm not so sure about. Which is setting us up for a Rodney/Will/Dan finale. Which will make me puke, if so.

I'm holding on to Jeff saying the winner is likeable. That means it can't be Will or Dan. I also don't think Rodney would be considered likeable after last night's "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" episode.

If the final 3 really is those three assholes you're gonna hsve to pass me the puke bucket!

• Love 3

I have not read that Jeff said the winner was likable or iconic.  I do see that he is excited about the winner but that does not mean he is likable.  I posted about this in the speculation thread. 

Since there are no spoilers this year we have 2 threads with the same discussion going on in both.  

(edited)

I have not read that Jeff said the winner was likable ... 

He definitely said he thinks the winner could be one of the most likable ever. Then again, that's not a super declarative statement and it's coming from Probst, who's opinions are much different than mine so.

Someone said on another thread that it feels more like Carolyn might win now. Mike's edit could easily be a 'this guys deserves a second chance' edit as opposed to a winner's edit. But Carolyn's edit really doesn't lend itself to her being up for a second chance but does kinda fit a 'woman who wins but hey let's show a bunch of men who are dicks instead' edit.

Edited by peachmangosteen

He definitely said he thinks the winner could be one of the most likable ever. Then again, that's not a super declarative statement and it's coming from Probst, who's opinions are much different than mine so.

Someone said on another thread that it feels more like Carolyn might win now. Mike's edit could easily be a 'this guys deserves a second chance' edit as opposed to a winner's edit. But Carolyn's edit really doesn't lend itself to her being up for a second chance but does kinda fit a 'woman who wins but hey let's show a bunch of men who are dicks instead' edit.

Jeff might have to be punished when this is all said and done. 

• Love 3

Right now, I'm holding onto hope that Mike is getting the underdog winner edit a la Chris or Danni, and that he's only on the list as a decoy. I don't love Mike, but he's the only one of those left who is even kind of getting a good edit, and really the only one left where I can guarantee I won't throw something at my television if he wins.

I come in here daily to see if any new spoilers are out, but alas...

• Love 1
(edited)

There's a winnowing, least-of-available-bad-choices aspect to who I am rooting for as the season goes on.  I'm amazed at myself, that I can continue to marshal enthusiasm while settling for lesser- and lesser-appealing "heroes."  Reminds me of dating post-divorce!

Pretty soon, I'll be rooting for that shell Rodney kicked on his birthday.

After that, I guess I'll have to consider Will and Dan.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 2

I have a hard time believing that Mike does not win if the makes the final 3.  Unless he doesn't have the 3 NC votes locked up, I just don't see how he loses unless it is very close.  If Carolyn is playing a good game that the editors are just now choosing to showcase it, then she might earn the respect of some jurors for her game play.  Both Joe and Jenn said they would factor good gameplay in over likability.  It would probably be a close vote between Mike and Carolyn, and good reasons to vote for both.  I find Mike more likable than Carolyn, and he seems like more of a winner Jeff would get excited over.  Sierra would be likable, but again, not a winner Jeff would be excited over.  I don't know if they included Carolyn in the S31 voting because they were lacking in the older women category.

I know a couple of posters brought up next week's preview with Mike telling the girls Dan was voting for them, and that it might speculate he wins immunity.  I'm not sure if he does or not.  It could mean he loses and has to scramble, or that he's trying to stoke the fire that's been created.  With the next biggest threat gone in Tyler, it'll really get interesting for the remaining 5.  Especially if Mike does win immunity.  I wonder if Carolyn will blackmail Dan about his advantage.  Maybe that's the whole "works beautifully" and Shakespearean thing Jeff talked about.  I just can't believe Sierra has yet to be targeted, but maybe she'll be feeling it next week.

(edited)

I don't think the fact that Carolyn and Mike are in the S31 poll means anything.   In early interviews it is clearly stated that Carolyn and Mike could be deemed ineligible.  Ain't no way the big Survivor machine would have made such a huge spoiler error - esp. since they have taken big steps to minimize spoiling in the last few years.

I try to take what Jeff says with a grain of salt.  He's always said things to hype a season or episode that don't pan out quite the way he presented them - kinda like horoscopes.  They could be interpreted in a 100 different ways and they can play out in a whole nuther 100 different ways. 

And sometimes, they are just flat out misleading.

A good example....I read an interview from February in which he says this season has a lot of game players which makes it a great season.  He then went on to say that "the winner could be iconic" and that it will be someone who played the game" (i.e. non-goat) which would satisfy fans.

This could be a hint about someone like Mike ... or it could just be a general comment based on the idea that the field is filled with game players.  The comment is too general to mean much of anything.   It could apply to all but Will at this point.

Edited by Jextella
(edited)

Promo pics. The RC teams are Carolyn/Mike/Will and Dan/Sierra/Rodney.

I have never cared less about an ep than I do this one. I don't give a shit about anyone left.

I only care about one thing: that Rodney loses the reward.  And that it's greasy triple stacked burgers, 20 lb steak, 4 lbs of fries, a huge sheet cake, and lots of beer.  Oh, and they have to eat it directly in front of him.  That's the only highlight I care about, in what I predict will be a very boring and obvious episode.  I'm going to go with Mike or Sierra as the boot this week.  Given the closeness Joe, Jenn, and Hali share with Mike, on top of Jenn talking about how great Ponderosa was for 11 days after she got there, I'm leaning more towards Mike.  Which means next week, everyone will finally have to go at each other.  Carolyn goes on an impressive immunity run, so Sierra goes out in 5th, Rodney or Dan in 4th, and whichever one of those yahoos makes it through goes to the end with Will and Carolyn.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
(edited)

Promo pics. The RC teams are Carolyn/Mike/Will and Dan/Sierra/Rodney.

I have never cared less about an ep than I do this one. I don't give a shit about anyone left.

Shirin is doing her Conan impression of a Conan impression of a dork.  Something happened that made her happy and odds are it has to do with Mike...isn't he the only one left she cares about?

Reg. the remaining players....The girls are kinda boring and the guys are kinda unlikeable, so I hear ya.  But, I'm down with Mike's enthusiasm and Rodney's childish antics and Dan's buffoonery (is that a word) are entertaining to me.  Will is a complete dud on the beach but I love his You Tube video, and that's something.

I don't dislike any of the remaining players.  In fact, I don' think I dislike any from this season.

Edited by Jextella
(edited)

Tyler looks kind of happy in that photo-I wonder if Carolyn plays her idol (that no one supposedly knew about).  Maybe Mike had some scheme to either get the girls on his side or secretly vote out Carolyn, but she doesn't take any chances and plays her idol, and either Mike gets voted out or her one vote sends someone else packing.  Or she gives it up, although considering she still has one more TC to go before it becomes invalid, I'd say she'd be stupid to use it if she doesn't need it.

All I can say is Will is probably safe another TC.  Shirin would look happy to see him ousted, but not that happy since he'd be coming to Ponderosa.  Also wonder what put that look on Jiffy's face.

ETA: I saw the actual promo, and at the end Jeff is standing up and saying "it is anybody's game to win".  I wonder if that is spoiling the fact that Mike got voted off, and those were his parting words of wisdom at TC.  I'm really believing Carolyn might win this, and she really is a decoy into the S31 voting.  I just don't see them selecting her otherwise.  Going with a final 3 prediction of Carolyn/Rodney/Will.  Even Tyler said in a post boot interview Rodney and Will were the two you wanted to be in the final 3 with.  Maybe Dan isn't the biggest goat after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6A3NHXCM1k

Edited by LadyChatts

Maybe Dan isn't the biggest goat after all.

It seems clear that many of these people actually like Dan and honestly that really just makes me feel justified in hating almost all of them. Dan is so awful and it is abundantly clear, so how any of them can love him and be scared he would actually get votes to win is just mindbogglingly to me.

• Love 3

It seems clear that many of these people actually like Dan and honestly that really just makes me feel justified in hating almost all of them. Dan is so awful and it is abundantly clear, so how any of them can love him and be scared he would actually get votes to win is just mindbogglingly to me.

The way Dan over-pronounces and bloviates, combined with the idiocy of what he is saying, would likely keep me from ever bothering to get to know him.  After the "Bam. Boo. Is. HOLLOW!"  incident, I would probably avoid interacting with him entirely, lest I lose complete control of myself.  That these people seem to be able to regard him with something approaching approval or appreciation does not reflect on them well, IM (admittedly snobbish) O.

• Love 3

I only care about one thing: that Rodney loses the reward. And that it's greasy triple stacked burgers, 20 lb steak, 4 lbs of fries, a huge sheet cake, and lots of beer. Oh, and they have to eat it directly in front of him. That's the only highlight I care about, in what I predict will be a very boring and obvious episode.

Oh please, oh please. And it's someone's birthday that's on the reward & they have a special cake with candles & a balloon or two & everyone sings a round of Happy Birthday while Rodney kicks at rocks & misses Charlie Brown style.
  • Love 4
(edited)

Survivor Fever predictions for this week:

RC: Mike/Will/Carolyn

IC: Mike

Voted off: Dan

As much as I would love to see Dan get the heave-ho, I don't believe it.  I only say that because of what Jeff said regarding the vote advantage working "beautifully".  Dan hasn't used it yet, and if he got sent packing, it wouldn't get used.  Unless, hoping with all hope, that Dan uses the advantage but it in turn backfires and winds up getting him kicked out.  There also wasn't much in the teasers or promos to indicate anything big was going to happen.

A scenario I can see happening is Mike wins immunity, convinces Carolyn and Sierra to vote with him.  Carolyn knows what Dan's advantage is, and the girls can't target Mike so they may realize they are in the hot seat (especially Carolyn).  If Mike wins immunity, we'll say Dan lets him in on his vote advantage and says he is splitting it between Carolyn and Sierra-that is where we see Mike telling the girls Dan is targeting them.  So Carolyn plays her idol, they vote 3 strong, the other boys think Mike is with them, so they figure they will have the majority (their 4 votes plus Dan's extra is 5).  Dan splits his extra vote between Carolyn and Sierra, but Carolyn plays her idol, Mike doesn't end up voting with them, and Dan gets sent packing because he split his double vote rather than casting it for the same person.  Another sceanrio is that Mike may lose immunity, but Carolyn and Sierra may question their chances with the 3 stooges so they decide to take their chances with Mike and vote with him.  Yeah, SF is probably wrong and Mike gets booted tonight.  But it'll be fun to think about while it lasts.  Mike going would also fit with Jenn's timeline about Ponderosa being fun for the next 11 days she was there, since they all liked Mike and are close to him outside the game.

My predictions tonight are Mike if he loses immunity, or a blindside coming for either Sierra or Rodney.

ETA: Next week's episode title for the finale is "It's a Fickle, Fickle Game".  Only people I can see using the word fickle are Dan, Mike, and Will.  Well, it was nice thinking about Dan getting blindsided and Carolyn using her idol to screw up his advantage.  I wonder if she wins immunity next week, then gives it to whoever is being targeted by Dan after the vote is read.  Both the idol and advantage have to be used by the final 5.  So if Carolyn wins immunity, she may trick Dan by telling him she knows about his double vote and to vote for a certain person-then gives that person her idol.  Or she loses immunity, is targeted, but plays the idol.  I will be in a rage if the only thing "played beautifully" means is that it worked out how it was supposed to, and nothing more.

Edited by LadyChatts

Shirin is doing her Conan impression of a Conan impression of a dork.  Something happened that made her happy and odds are it has to do with Mike...isn't he the only one left she cares about?

Reg. the remaining players....The girls are kinda boring and the guys are kinda unlikeable, so I hear ya.  But, I'm down with Mike's enthusiasm and Rodney's childish antics and Dan's buffoonery (is that a word) are entertaining to me.  Will is a complete dud on the beach but I love his You Tube video, and that's something.

I don't dislike any of the remaining players.  In fact, I don' think I dislike any from this season.

Jeff saying that the advantage was "beautifully played" is a classic example of why I don't take much of what he says as spoilerish.  It could have meant a fantastic strategic moved that paid big dividends or it could have meant what we saw - stars aligning for the perfect 3-way experience (others vs. Carolyn vs. Dan)in favor of the underdog.

Although, calling this season's winner "iconic", "someone who really played the game" etc. can really only mean Mike at this point.  Could have been anyone back when he initially said these things though.  I can't help but think he did spoil a bit with this.

Why wouldn't that mean Carolyn? Carolyn's had two substantive moves so far (turning on Tyler and using the HII)... three if you count finding the idol without a clue. If she makes it past next week, that will mean either she pulls out a well-timed IC victory or manages to persuade people to vote against their own self-interest. 

(edited)

There are 3 people left that I would qualify as having played the game: Mike, Carolyn, and Rodney.  There's a case to be made for all 3.  All 3 could make a case for winning in front of the jury and likely sway them, though I think Rodney's mouth and ego would blow it for him.  In terms of likable, that would leave just Mike and Carolyn.  And I believe they would be more "iconic" and fit with what Jiffy's pre-show hype had to say.  No one seemed to like Rodney out there, so I can't believe Jeff would know he won and say that the winner would be likable.  Unless he figured the audience would like him in a love to hate way.

However, I'm inclined to believe that the jury will vote for Mike in a majority to give him the win.  He's no doubt got Shirin's vote.  He probably has the other 3 NC.  Even if he's next to Carolyn, I think she'll only get Tyler's vote.  Maybe Dan.  Heh, Will may get a vote from Dan.  So maybe he won't be shut out after all.  In a Sierra/Mike/Carolyn situation, I don't see Sierra getting any votes, tbh.  

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

http://parade.com/397249/joshwigler/survivor-host-jeff-probst-breaks-down-the-worlds-apart-final-five-and-next-seasons-second-chance-twist/

Here is Jeff's take on the final 5.  This isn't really a spoiler, but I put it here to be diced apart.  The way I read this, I feel he's saying this could be Carolyn's to lose.  I found it interesting he says Carolyn would have a tough time in a final 3 with Rodney and Mike: 

Next up, Mike’s fellow Second Chance contender, Carolyn, the lone White Collar in the game. Do you like her odds?

Carolyn has a very good shot at winning, if she gets to the end. It would certainly be helped by who she goes to the end with. If Mike or Rodney make it to the end, Carolyn’s job is tougher. If she can get to the end with Will and Sierra, I think her job is easier. She’s a legitimate contender, and she’s earned it. Carolyn has played a really quiet game, but she made a big move last night. I think Carolyn’s game has surprised a lot of people. When it started, she was labeled the older woman, the uptight White Collar, but what I’ve seen come out of Carolyn is all of her White Collar quality with a bit of a Blue Collar attitude. She’s really digging in and getting dirty. She’s not afraid to mix it up and betray somebody. She’s also not afraid to make an alliance with someone who may seem unlikely.

Carolyn really ratchets her game up in this finale in terms of, “All bets are off. Whatever I said before doesn’t matter. I have to get to the end.” If she does, she has a shot at winning.

He thinks Sierra can only win depending who she's up against (interestingly enough he believes her best shot is Carolyn and Will, despite saying that is also Carolyn's best shot is to be up against those two) but implies she may have waited too long to make any moves.  Could be hinting that it costs her, either by being voted out or people thinking she didn't do enough to warrant a win.  Jiffy believes Mike is a goner once he loses immunity, that Will dug his own hole and deserves what he gets, and thinks even he lost track of what a great game Rodney was playing because his character overshadowed it.  Maybe Rodney is a better actor than I thought.  So going by this, I'm saying Carolyn wins.

Edited by LadyChatts

Finale description and Probst's EW tease:

After 39 days, one castaway will be crowned sole Survivor and take home the million dollar prize. Also, emotions run deep when castaways receive a surprise visit from their loved ones, on the two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR. In addition, in a "Survivor”"first, the results of the fan vote for the 20 castaways who will compete in the fall edition will be revealed live by host and executive producer Jeff Probst during the live reunion show following the finale.

We have a great finale. I hope the fans like it. Lots of drama and fireworks and surprises. Plus some love! Mike still has his back against the wall – will anybody team up with him or will he remain a lone wolf? Carolyn has played a strong game and if she can get to the end she has a good argument. Rodney, despite his frustrations about his birthday, has played a very strong and "quiet" game of keeping his alliance together and would love to see him get a chance to plead his case. Sierra needs to make a move otherwise she is going to face a tough jury. This is what I mean when I say you have to make moves, otherwise you find yourself deep in the game with very little resume. Will has the tallest hill to climb. He’s the long shot at this point. It’s not out of the question but he’d have to really turn it on these last few days