Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Spoilers

peachmangosteen
  • Start Topic

So and Malcom are dating.

A lot of the cast seems really close but there's a few that seem super close IMO. Max is always posting lots of pics of himself and certain people. He seems particularly close to Shirin (he's posted text message between them on his tumblr) and to Joe and Mike (there's a couple videos of them on his tumblr). Tyler seems close with Max/Joe/Mike too. Might mean nothing, but suggests to me that those 4 probably spent a lot of time together during filming and therefore might all be pre-merge or post-merge boots.

• Love 1

I never thought of associating the people who are close friends now as being pre-merge boots and spending a lot of time together out there. Savvy thinking on y'all's part! Kudos!

Neither did I until I listened to last seasons exit interviews I remember John Rocker saying he never had a chance to know Natalie until after the game. I remember Jeremy being very convinced that John screwing him over would screw John's game later.

Its already been a few days since I was on Sucks but if I'm remember right someone over had some reason to believe (there do not seem to be true spoilers)

that Joe/Jenn/Hali were at least final 4 or 5 if not final 3.  I can sort of see that if they all make the merge as that is a tight alliance.  I'm not sure I'm seeing any other alliances that wouldn't be vulnerable to flips etc.? 

The spoiler that was posted over there was that Hali made the final 3, not her entire alliance. That was just people speculating on who else was joining her in the F3.  It should be noted that the credibility of the poster who made the spoiler is very much in question so I would take it with a big grain of salt.

(edited)

I'm trying to avert my eyes over these 2 posts since I don't want boot spoilers lol!

From the ep thread:

Interesting- he says next week's episode is the best of the season.  Woohoo!  

I feel like it doesn't bode well that  ep4/5 is the best ep of the season.

The press images are out for next week's two episodes. This one from ep 5 seems to indicate there's a tribe shuffle and we're down to 2 tribes.

ETA: There seems to be 2 challenges in the 4th ep, so I guess they're randomly doing both a RC and IC.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)

Well, maybe I should've read the ep description before my guess since it confirms the tribe swap.

TRIBES DROP THEIR BUFFS IN A SWITCH THAT WILL SHAKE UP ALLIANCES, ON TWO BACK-TO BACK EPISODES OF "SURVIVOR" WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18

"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" and "We're Finally Playing Some Survivor" – Tribes drop their buffs in a switch that will shake up alliances.   Also, one castaway struggles after receiving a blow to the head, and another castaway’s desire to flex his power in the game could be his greatest weakness, on two back-to-back episodes of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 18 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Jeff Probst's EW.com Tease:

I can't tease it hard enough—next week is awesome.  Dare I say the best ep of the season? So much good stuff including a Survivor/medical moment. AND…next week we are giving you TWO EPISODES! Two! Back to back! And in the second episode we have more amazing Survivor moments including a Survivor/wildlife moment. I’m really not hyping it—it’s a great two-hour block.

• Love 1

From the challenge photos I saw on Survivor Fever, it looks like the yellow tribe is being dismantled, as I only saw red and blue at that challenge set up.

I think I saw someone post it here that between Hali and Jenn, only one of them was likely to make the merge, and that they guessed it'd be Hali.  While I'd love a final 3 of Jenn/Joe/Hali, I'm inclined to agree that Hali probably outlasts both of them.  Joe and Jenn are my two favorites so I'm hoping they do make it far, at least to the jury (I think Jenn might give a good speech or have interesting questions).  But I can see Hali's game being more under the radar, whereas I don't think that will be the case with Jenn (still saying she gets blindsided).  And Joe will be too much of a threat.  But who knows.  Tribe swaps and idols and the actual merge can do a lot of alliance and loyalty shifting in this game.

I wonder if NC will go into the swap with 3 members or if they'll manage to win the challenge.  Actually, if they have to stop the challenge for a medical reason, would they even do a TC if no one was declared the winner yet?  So maybe NC goes into the tribe swap intact with their 4 members.

If next week is the "best episode of the season", that's like saying the rest of the season will be the same old boring stale Survivor where boots are obvious and no one does any game play.  Also, at the start of the season, Jeff had said in an interview that they were doing something this season they had never done before, but had thought about for many seasons, and it would impact the game.  Jeff being Jeff he essentially played coy and said he was leaving it at that.  Any idea what he might have been talking about?

ETA: I checked out Survivor Fever again, and they have more screen shots from the promos next week.  In their voiceover transcript they have Sierra saying "my old tribe is dead to me."  Not sure who she winds up with, but I guess we know who she's not aligning with when they are reunited at the merge.  Also looks like Joaquin, Tyler, Shirin, and Joe make it to that point.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

Also, at the start of the season, Jeff had said in an interview that they were doing something this season they had never done before, but had thought about for many seasons, and it would impact the game.  Jeff being Jeff he essentially played coy and said he was leaving it at that.  Any idea what he might have been talking about?

I've been thinking about that and couldn't remember if I actually heard it or imagined it so thanks for confirming to me that it was indeed a real thing. I haven't seen info about it though. Kind of exciting that we know nothing about it. I imagine it'll be lame though.

It definitely looks like it's going to go to Blue and Red after the swap. There's no yellow in the ep 5 challenge pics.

I've been thinking about that and couldn't remember if I actually heard it or imagined it so thanks for confirming to me that it was indeed a real thing. I haven't seen info about it though. Kind of exciting that we know nothing about it. I imagine it'll be lame though.

It definitely looks like it's going to go to Blue and Red after the swap. There's no yellow in the ep 5 challenge pics.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.  I don't have a lot of faith when it comes to twists on this show, mainly because they usually do suck and end up screwing over my favorites.  It seemed like a twist Jeff actually liked from the interview I had read.  Since he said they had toyed with using it for awhile, I didn't know if maybe there was an unused twist out there from another season that someone might remember.  I am intrigued, though.

There's no yellow?  Huh.  For that to happen, it must mean Masaya (White Collar) takes another loss, and then it's between their tribe and Nagarote (No Collar) for which tribe gets dissolved.  I can't see them leaving the red around if Nagarote loses again.  Usually, the tribe who's lost the most members gets dissolved, so I don't think they'll lose a third member.

There's no yellow?  Huh.  For that to happen, it must mean Masaya (White Collar) takes another loss, and then it's between their tribe and Nagarote (No Collar) for which tribe gets dissolved.  I can't see them leaving the red around if Nagarote loses again.  Usually, the tribe who's lost the most members gets dissolved, so I don't think they'll lose a third member.

Judging from this promo image, it looks like it is simply blue and red

http://survivorfever.net/images30/s30_press_images_ep5/s30_press_images_ep5_0002.jpg

But from this one, it looks like there's still yellow/red/blue

http://survivorfever.net/images30/s30_press_images_ep5/s30_press_images_ep5_0001.jpg

So maybe they have a sep. RC/IC and swap after the RC?  I personally would rather lose someone from the blue collar tribe, but I guess white collar isn't a huge loss.

Edited by LadyChatts

The swap is limely in the second episode. They normally vote out four folks and then swap into two tribes. So the three tribes exist for the first episode and the fourth person is voted out. Then the swap leaves two tribes.

(edited)

But from this one, it looks like there's still yellow/red/blue

http://survivorfever.net/images30/s30_press_images_ep5/s30_press_images_ep5_0001.jpg

So maybe they have a sep. RC/IC and swap after the RC?

I didn't notice that pic. It'd be strange if they have a RC with 3 tribes and then swap to 2 before the IC. Maybe that image is from the 4th ep and just accidentally put with ep 5.

I didn't notice that pic. It'd be strange if they have a RC with 3 tribes and then swap to 2 before the IC. Maybe that image is from the 4th ep and just accidentally put with ep 5.

We know at least one challenge is the calling challenge, and this doesn't look like it would be part of that challenge.  Unless they have a seperate reward/immunity challenge prior to the tribe swap in episode 4 (and I agree that they could have gotten the promo photos mixed up).  I would also think they would only do one challenge during the tribe swap episode, since they like to focus on the dynamic shift there within the tribes. 

ETA: CBS had that photo on their site with the caption "the stage is set for the reward challenge" and it's marked episode 5.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1003654/a-battle-for-power-will-shake-up-alliances-on-the-next-survivor/77335/reward-challenge/

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

CBS had that photo on their site with the caption "the stage is set for the reward challenge" and it's marked episode 5.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1003654/a-battle-for-power-will-shake-up-alliances-on-the-next-survivor/77335/reward-challenge/

They must do a 3 tribe RC and then go down to 2 tribes for the IC. Weird!

There's definitely 2 challenges in ep 4, too.

Oh, wait.  I know why it might be going down to Escameca and Nagarote.  The idols in their camps haven't been found yet!  Since Masaya's idol has been found (by Carolyn), there's no need to use that camp anymore!

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

According to the newest promo, Kelly is the one injured in the challenge.  Lindsey ups her level of crazy by telling Rodney if he was her son, she'd break off his jaw and feed it to him.  Shirin confesses she learned how to kill a chicken but slaughtered a rabbit, to which Joaquin may correctly be calling her a sociopath (I guess So was on to something in her exit interviews about Shirin).  NC must be living in true harmong since they didn't get anything in the promo, but they did get rid of their two biggest drama queens.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/C80B2A5D-682C-5C51-E3FE-121403A19984/survivor-winner-winner-chicken-dinner-we-re-finally-playing-some-survivor-preview-/

Edited by LadyChatts

Lindsey ups her level of crazy by telling Rodney if he was her son, she'd break off his jaw and feed it to him.

That threat is so over-the-top psychotic, I'm not sure I understand why it would have to be her son to receive it.

That threat is so over-the-top psychotic, I'm not sure I understand why it would have to be her son to receive it.

It may have been in response to Rodney saying something about his mother.  Of all the things you could threaten this has to be the strangest I have ever heard.  Break off your jaw and feed it to you?  What???  If you want to get technical, you can't eat anything without a jaw.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I'm wondering if Rodney crosses over into Dan territory with some inappropriate joke about women or single mothers.  So maybe she's justified, even if it goes a little extreme.  I'm actually kind of disappointed the tribes are mixing up this week.  BC and WC might actually take themselves out if left together long enough.

Edited by LadyChatts

I'm wondering if Rodney crosses over into Dan territory with some inappropriate joke about women or single mothers.  So maybe she's justified, even if it goes a little extreme.  I'm actually kind of disappointed the tribes are mixing up this week.  BC and WC might actually take themselves out if left together long enough.

I am glad they are mixing it up.  I am looking forward to how Mike and Rodney will be when with faced with feedback from others. 

I am glad they are mixing it up.  I am looking forward to how Mike and Rodney will be when with faced with feedback from others. 

I don't mind the tribe switch ups (most of the time), but these 2 tribes seem ready to implode that it's been good drama.  Like you, though, I am curious to see what the shake up will do to some of the colorful characters we have this season.  This may actually be a saving grace for the likes of Mike, Shirin, Dan, and Will, who all seemed pegged to go next from their respective tribes.  I think the episode description said something about "battle for power".  Even though Mike and Joe seem close in real life, I could see those 2 clashing, along with Rodney and Dan.  Actually, come to think of it, I think the men are going to have a harder time adapting than the women.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Maybe Rodney discloses how he exploits his dead sister's memory to get girls and that triggers the breaking the jaw comment. His mom probably wouldn't care for her dead daughter being used in that way.

Edited by Lamb18

http://www.survivorfever.net/s30_challenge_speculation.html

Here's the images for all 4 challenges for tomorrow night's episode.  I wonder, if at the 2nd RC, if the tribes swap before or after.  If they swap after, this description pretty much gives away that NC doesn't lose the first IC (it says 2 tribe mates from each tribe use a slingshot to launch balls at their remaining tribe mates, which would mean NC would have to be intact at 4 for that).  I always like the reaction of a tribe thinking they just won a huge food reward, only to be told 'oh by the way, you're swapping to the other side that just lost.'  It looks like there are 3 slingshots set up, but that could always be a red herring.

It looks like in the 1st IC screenshots that the WC is initially behind, though they obviously catch up by the last screen shots.  It'll be obvious that Will is the target if NC loses, so I'm hoping one of the other tribes do.  I thought BC might be so fed up with themselves that they throw the challenge, especially if there's no reward involved.  But seeing Mike is at what I'm assuming is the last phase of it, I don't think that will be the case.  Kelly's in the background, so she must be okay from her injury.

I don't know if boot spoilers are supposed to go in tags or not, but SF has their predictions up for tonight's episodes.  First boot is 

Lindsey

and second boot after the swap is 

Joaquin

.  I know last week they were correct in their episode predictions, though once NC lost it was pretty obvious who was going.  I missed the first 2 weeks to see if they predicted correctly or not.  Given that spoilers aren't what they used to be, not sure how accurate this is.

Edited by LadyChatts

I never thought of associating the people who are close friends now as being pre-merge boots and spending a lot of time together out there. Savvy thinking on y'all's part! Kudos!

I had never thought that, either, and I sort of hope that isn't the case there.  Mainly because a lot of the people who seem the closest are also some of my favorites in this game.  The thought of them going out over others nauseates me a little.  Since it looks like more of a boys club, though, that might make sense since one tribe is basically just that.

No need to spoiler-tag, @LadyChatts.  It's the spoiler thread. :)

Thanks!  I figured it was okay, but some forums I've visited through the years always asked that boot spoilers be put in tags.  I guess it was considered too spoilery for a spoiler thread for their liking.  So Survivor Fever missed Joaquin, but did correctly predict Lindsey.  I had a guess that Joaquin was just a good guess anyway, given the swap.  Since BC was the only tribe we saw in the promo next week and there's talk about breaking up the new bro-mance, I wonder if they were off with Joaquin's boot by a week.  Though I've seen it speculated that Joaquin makes it far.

Next week's title is "Odd Woman Out", which I assume means Shirin.

Edited by LadyChatts

Shirin does seem likely, though I had also thought Sierra or maybe even Kelly, since she was the swing vote this week.  The preview only focusing on the blue team made me roll my eyes that it's probably a red herring, and that nothing exciting happens next week.  Maybe that's why Jeff hyped this week's episode so much, because he knows it'll be a boring and predictable time until the merge.  

There's speculation that Shirin does go far, though not sure what the sources are on this other than social media connections and people analyzing the edit.  I do think we're in for one more pre-merge surprise.  It's why I'm hoping SF was off by a week with the Joaquin pick.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I'd love to see Joaquin go early.  Anything to keep him and Rodney from starting the bromance from hell.

Every time I see either of them, and now especially forming the bond, all I can think of was 'did they get lost trying to find the Big Brother house?'  Because they seem way more suited for that show.  Seeing Joaquin's name actually surprised me, since I had also seen it speculated he made it far, and I figured he was probably the victim of the swap.  If the blue tribe sees Max gone, they may actually decide to target him or Tyler simply to get the former WC numbers down at the merge.  Having the bromance with Rodney likely won't help his cause.  I find Rodney way more obnoxious and irritating and would much rather see him go first, but I can't say I'd miss Joaquin at all, either.

• Love 2

The immunity challenge next week appears to be a mental one. I like Nagarote's chances in this one.

s30_press_images_ep6_0003.jpgI  N

I like the looks of this, too.  Memory perhaps.  Looks like Jeff could lower that curtain faster than revealing what is behind it.  

• Love 2

Most of the previews I've seen thus far have focused way more on the blue collar team, but considering it's a budding bromance, that may be why.  I am hoping that it means they end up heading to tribal.

I was thinking that if it was a more logical challenge, Nagarote might have a chance.  However, if puzzles are involved, we've seen how fast Joe gets through them.  I don't know if I would say it's rigged.  They may have had to change them up to make it more balanced, but it'd hardly be the first time they had to dial back the challenge because of one tribe having an advantage over another.  And who knows, it may not even work.  So blue Esce-whatever might still have a victory.  I'm all for more multi-step and logical/less physically demanding tasks.  I like when they mix it up.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

I like that challenge.

Looking at the pics of the other challenge it does sorta seem like they probably switched up the RC and IC to give Red a chance but I'm totally OK with that because I hate everyone but Sierra on Blue and mostly like Red.

• Love 2

Name of Episode 7 suggests that they merge into one tribe

I like that challenge.

Looking at the pics of the other challenge it does sorta seem like they probably switched up the RC and IC to give Red a chance but I'm totally OK with that because I hate everyone but Sierra on Blue and mostly like Red.

I like Joe Sierra and Tyler on Blue and basically everyone on Red

• Love 2
(edited)

Name of Episode 7 suggests that they merge into one tribe

I haven't seen the name, but they'll be at 12 by ep 7, right? And that's when they merged last season, I believe, so it's a good assumption.

Does anyone know if there's any info about what the new twist is?

I haven't seen the name, but they'll be at 12 by ep 7, right? And that's when they merged last season, I believe, so it's a good assumption.

Does anyone know if there's any info about what the new twist is?

I've heard speculation that it might be either extra votes at tribal, or something that Big Brother did with the coup d'etat where someone wins the right to overthrow one vote at TC.  It's pure speculation, but if Jeff calls it a jump-the-shark moment, that would fit the bill.  I sincerely hope it's neither of those, but he did say it's something they've never done and it changes the game.

I figured the merge was coming up.  I'm hoping even more that the BC tribe loses this week.  Maybe if Mike and his bro Dan sense the merge is on the horizon, they throw the challenge to break up the bros Joaquin and Rodney.  Most places I've looked for spoilers seem to say that Carolyn and Joaquin are the last 2 pre-jury boots.

• Love 1
BEST TWIST

“Up through season 29, I would say my favorite twist is probably the hidden immunity idol. It’s just given us so much story that I laugh when people hit me on Twitter and say, ‘You should do a season without any idols and without any twists.’ And I say, ‘You know, if you think through that for a minute, this is why you can’t always listen to the audience because that makes no sense.’ That’s given us so much story, and when Russell started finding them without clues it evolved yet again. But I will say, in season 30, the theme excites me as much as anything we’ve ever done. Because it’s so real. It’s a real thing. People really are White, Blue, or No Collar. People are going to ask themselves, which one am I? And we do a new twist that’s taking the game to another level. It is jumping the shark, as we’ve done so may times, and pushing the envelope. And it’s interesting how it plays out. It’s very Shakespearean in how it plays out and I imagine that we’ll do it again. And I can tell you that for seasons 31 and 32 we’re contemplating doing another evolution in the game. And those are the things that are on our white board. We have this virtual white board for our creative team, and there are things that have been on there literally 13 years. And 13 years ago we were like, ‘No way, we can’t do that.’ And eight years ago you go, ‘Enh, it’s not quite right.’ And five years ago you go, ‘Maybe.’ And then suddenly you go, ‘You know what? I think it’s time.’ And that’s what fun about a show that’s been on for 30 seasons is that you ultimately get to try all the ideas.”

From a link in the episode thread, here is what Jeff had to say about the twist this season.  

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/24/jeff-probst-names-his-favorite-survivor-winner-non-winner-twist-challenge-and

ETA: Here is the episode description for this week:

"Odd Woman Out" – One castaway struggles to fit in after a shocking tribal council.  Also, winning a reward gives one castaway a new outlook on life and the game, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

We already know that the person not fitting in is Shirin.  The second part of that intrigues me.  There hasn't been much to the promos so far. 

Edited by LadyChatts

I'm not a super fan of Carolyn's or anything but I'd at least like to see her on the jury, that would be disappointing. 

Please please let Rodney go home next! 

Since Hollywood cherry picks shows from foreign tv all the time - has survivor done this with challenge and twist ideas from the foreign Survivor shows? 

Edited by marys1000

The description for the next ep is like one lie and Jeff's tease in one sentence plus there's only been like two promos, so I'm thinking this week's ep is gonna be boring. 

Compared to last weeks "best episode ever!" (which it wasn't that great), you can pretty much hear the boredom in Jeff's description.  I'm curious what this whole reward-challenge winning moment is that is life changing, but it'll probably be nothing.  Maybe Rodney or Joaquin discover that they reach a new level of awesomeness or something and take themselves up a peg.  So I think we're getting a replay of episode 3 with the Nina boot.  Maybe it will be obvious and Shirin gets voted off after all, even though I'm not sure I believe that'll happen.  

I do wonder, since Joaquin was predicted to go last week by SF, maybe he ends up going where Max was predicted.  Which will make me disappointed, as I'm hoping they were in fact off by a week.

I'm not a super fan of Carolyn's or anything but I'd at least like to see her on the jury, that would be disappointing. 

Please please let Rodney go home next! 

Since Hollywood cherry picks shows from foreign tv all the time - has survivor done this with challenge and twist ideas from the foreign Survivor shows?

I really want to see Carolyn go far.  Not only does she seem to have a good head on her shoulders, game wise, she seems to do well in the challenges, and I find her to be a lot of fun to watch.  I do hope she makes it that far, that she can survive to get reunited with Tyler, and make something big happen.

I believe Survivor has copied ideas from international versions before, twists and challenges.  One thing about the twist this season, the French version of Survivor did in fact have something added called a "black vote" that allowed an extra vote to be cast.  That's the rumor going around this season as to what this twist is, so that may very well be the case.  I think Jeff's hype of it is likely going to fall flat, but he usually lets me down when he hypes something in regards to this show anymore.

Edited by LadyChatts

In the French version, was there a comp to determine who would get to cast the extra vote?

After doing some more digging, the black vote was considered a revenge vote by an eliminated contestant, who was allowed to cast one more vote against the remaining contestants.  It sounded like it was only used one time, so I'm assuming that it might have been some sort of perk in a reward challenge, but obviously could only be used if the person was voted out.  Given that Jeff referred to the twist as "Shakespearean", that might actually be accurate.  Which if that ends up being the case, I'm really going to hate this twist (unless it gets rid of Rodney/Mike/Dan/Joaquin-in that case, bring it on).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2