Type keyword(s) to search

Claudia Jordan: New Girl On The Block

• Start Topic

Okay, let's first start with spelling her name right: Claudia Jordan.  

I started following her back in 2008 when she was an unknown to me voice on Jamie Foxx's radio show.  I thought she was funny and, at the time, shared a lot about herself.  She is sarcastic and has been trying to get onto a reality show for some time now.  I remember she shot a pilot for a show featuring her and Melyssa Ford from Blood, Sweat and Heels.  It didn't get picked up but that hasn't stopped her.  I mainly tuned into this season just to see how she fairs.  I hope she doesn't do too much acting.

• Love 1

I remember Claudia from Deal or No Deal.  I was once so into that show I knew all the case openers by name,. lol.

And if what Kandi says is true, that Claudia reads people like a queen, I am here for that (especially if it includes a read of Nene)

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 4

Liking her so far. Yeah, the innuendos between her and Kenya are tiresome, but she's cute and fun and a cat lover! What'd not to love? The only thing I dislike about her as of yet is her lame tagline. "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm here to stay." Hasn't the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because I'm xyz" line been done to death yet? It's also reminiscent of Kristin Takeman's tagline, which is not a good thing considering how much she was mocked for it. In a season full of bad taglines hers is almost the worst of the bunch.

• Love 2

Claudia Jordan is my new official "favorite" housewife! I love her self-deprecation and she can hold her own w/ Ms. Lekes -- much better, I must say, than Kenya can. I hope she stays around for a while.

• Love 12

Also loving Claudia!  

From the WWHL preview of next week's episode:

Nene:  I went to college.

Claudia:  Oh really?

N:  Oh, you don't know I went to college??

C:  I wouldn't have guessed.

Dead!  I can't wait to see the entire scene.

• Love 11

Also loving Claudia!  

From the WWHL preview of next week's episode:

Nene:  I went to college.

Claudia:  Oh really?

N:  Oh, you don't know I went to college??

C:  I wouldn't have guessed.

Dead!  I can't wait to see the entire scene.

somewhere in there, I thought I heard:  and graduated?  

please let it be true and please let Claudia have said it because if so, a bitch got cut and doesn't even know she's bleeding.   I. LIVE.  

• Love 8

More from Claudia's stint on Kandi Koated Nights.  She goes in on Nene for calling her a whore and doesn't pull any punches.

http://www.therealclaudiajordan.com/#!Sneak-PEAK-at-next-Kandi-Koated-Nights/c1v74/40938DC8-B48E-4DD4-BD07-09FD512B2EA8

I have a feeling that this was probably filmed after the trip, instead of before it as it was shown on this week's episode.

Edited to fix the link.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

I don't get it. A small snippet taken out of context of perhaps a larger conversation? I don't even know what she's talking about. Saying she can or cannot see black people or beige people.....see them how? In person, or as people of a biracial heritage?

• Love 4

She's basically saying she can't see sark skinned people in the dark. All she can see are their teeth and eyes. But she can see light skinned people like herself and some other people she named.

I think it is a reach.  It sounds to me as if this tape is cut up-is she a commentator, announcing people's arrivals?  I can't tell the context. 

This doesn't lessen Nene's words.  Nene's words were meant as an insult. 

• Love 2

I think it is a reach.  It sounds to me as if this tape is cut up-is she a commentator, announcing people's arrivals?  I can't tell the context. 

This doesn't lessen Nene's words.  Nene's words were meant as an insult. 

Didn't sound cut up to me. It sounded like someone asked her who all was there and she said she couldn't see any dark skinned people because the room was too dark.

Common dark skinned shady comments from a slick mouthed, yet common, chick

• Love 3

Now she's getting dragged for this:

Foxxhole Classic - Johnny Mack & Claudia Jordan D…:

Apparently she dogged out Tiny Harris' looks (wife if TI, ex bandmate of Kandi) on her last radio show. Claudia apologized on her twitter and said she cried about it.

I'm not feeling her too much anymore. All this Team Pretty nonsense, on top of her unprovoked comments about Tiny and the dark skinned thing are giving me bad teas.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 5

Someone is pulling out receipts and it looks like she's made her own racial remarks about dark skinned people. Please don't shoot the messenger LOL. I like Claudia but I wonder how she'll explain this.

Yes, I was happy about Claudia shading Nene but that clip about dark skinned people is all kinds of wrong.  I only know of Tiny watching her show with TI and she seems endearing and sweet.  Why clown her on her looks...because she is with someone rich handsome and famous? As she said with Nene, jealous?

Claudia has said she is a comedienne but perhaps she is more in line with those shock jocks that I do not care for at all.

Edited by SpringTulips

Now she's getting dragged for this:

Foxxhole Classic - Johnny Mack & Claudia Jordan D…:

Apparently she dogged out Tiny Harris' looks (wife if TI, ex bandmate of Kandi) on her last radio show. Claudia apologized on her twitter and said she cried about it.

I'm not feeling her too much anymore. All this Team Pretty nonsense, on top of her unprovoked comments about Tiny and the dark skinned thing are giving me bad teas.

And she claims to want to empower other women!?! How, by knocking their looks? Really, that is some empowerment. I am sure she tweeted an apology and cried only after the public called her out on her very nasty, ugly cruel behavior. That attack sounded much like her "read" on Nene, attacking Nene's looks, just like her bff Kenya does, go for the looks. SMH

My feeling about Claudia is this.

I don't mind or care when regular people mention they are biracial, even if they do it multiple times.  But when Claudia did it, it made me wonder if she's saying it, to emphasize that she's " not just black."  Maybe she feels that casting directors will cast her in parts because she's "not just black."

Though I didn't 100% agree with this http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/06/biracial-women-erasing-black-women-hollywood/, it made me wonder.  A biracial actress played Harriet Tubman in "Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter," a biracial actress played Coretta Scott King in "Selma" and a biracial actress played Aaliyah, even though neither of those women were biracial.  

{{smooths skirt}} well.   that went downhill fast.

Didn't sound cut up to me. It sounded like someone asked her who all was there and she said she couldn't see any dark skinned people because the room was too dark.

Me neither.  No getting around how not out of context that clip was.

Claudia has said she is a comedienne but perhaps she is more in line with those shock jocks that I do not care for at all.

I didn't know this.  It'll be interesting if she uses it as damage control.    I totally get what you mean about the shock jocks.  Howard Stern would (and still does?) say stuff on his show that was unconscionable.  I think the difference for her is that not only is there a double standard, we don't expect, nor want, to be disgusted by women and bigger still, I don't know of any radio personality, comedic or not, that has ever expressed being victimized by the exact same type of ridicule they're subjecting someone else to.   In both instances it isn't clear to me whether these are hot mic comments (she's pandering to be memorable or competitive which, good or bad, is how you stay in front of the camera) or how she really feels.   Either way, she's in for it.  The funniest comedians ever are self deprecating.

• Love 1

I was starting to kinda like Claudia after Nene made the "half breed" remark but then I saw this video where she's dissing dark skinned black people.  friggin hypocrite.  This and her total disrespect for Tiny put Claudia on my shit list forever!!! 

http://straightfromthea.com/2015/01/12/disrespectful-or-nah-rhoa-claudia-jordan-disses-dark-skinned-blacks-at-black-party-video/

and

http://www.sbvid.us/192

I really don't think her saying that all you can see are teeth and eyes in reference to the dark skinned black people in black suits is a reach.  Her context was that with all of the dark skinned black people dressed in black, all she can see are the beige people like her.  How much more context is needed?  Claudia needs her ass kicked then maybe she can see the dark skinned black people!  Bitch!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2
I really don't think her saying that all you can see are teeth and eyes in reference to the dark skinned black people in black suits is a reach.  Her context was that with all of the dark skinned black people dressed in black, all she can see are the beige people like her.  How much more context is needed?  Claudia needs her ass kicked then maybe she can see the dark skinned black people!  Bitch!

I hate to break it to Claudia, but her skin ain't beige.  In fact, the first thing I noticed about her was her pretty mocha brown skin.  Does this mean if she wears brown... she is invisible?  I hate that this is 2015 and we are still talking about color-ism. 

I like Claudia, but now I am confused.  Does she bring up being of mixed heritage because the producers are forcing her to bring it up or does she think it makes her special, compared to the other ladies on the show?  Many of the viewers on this board (who tend to be pretty astute) said they would have never guessed if she had not brought it up.  Was she trying to be edgy and funny on that video or does she really feel that she is superior?  I was a little more annoyed about the comments about her friend being a bitter spinster until she found her man.  I get it that she was joking, but it was still annoying.

• Love 1

But don't you know, Claudia is biracial.

Fuck you Claudia. That was no joke. That was how Claudia feels about darker skinned black people. "I can't see anything but teeth and eyes.". Girl, bye.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

Claudia is making Kenya look like woman of the year.

That she is. It is apparent, to me at least, that Claudia came on the show with the intention of climbing on Kenya's back and riding her all the way. She is making Kenya's battles hers to get camera time, more time than Kenya is getting lately! LOL That will go over like a lead balloon if she keeps it up much longer. If Claudia and Kenya both return and Nene and Porsha leave next season, I see Kenya and Claudia battling it out for the Queen title! Neither of those women would ever share the spotlight let alone the top bitch title!

I didn't think it could get worse.

http://instagram.com/p/x-37d-kekz/

She said her boyfriend auditioned for Planet of the Apes and because he's big and black, he would make a perfect orangutan or monkey.

What in all the hell? Wow.

I pretty much skipped out on this season after the ep where Apollo finally admitted he lied about Kenya. I only saw the last few moments of last week's episode because so many people were talking about how Claudia read Nene for filth, and for that I was all, "OK, I like this chick."

That was shortlived.

• Love 4

Jamie Foxx is an asshole.  Hanging out with him -- ugh.  Turns out Claudia is an asshole too.  So not funny.  Chris Rock, they ain't.

She said her boyfriend auditioned for Planet of the Apes and because he's big and black, he would make a perfect orangutan or monkey.

Wow!  Unbelievable.  You'd think that Bravo would fire her ass for something so vile. 

Claudia reminds me of a girl I went to college with decades ago.

She was a racially mixed girl from Panama, she had a complexion like Jennifer Lopez.  When we were freshmen, she liked a white guy; but this guy only wanted to date a white girl, so he kind of ignored her.  So girlfriend then realized that when it came to black men, she was on the top of the food chain.  She wasn't white, so the white guys didn't get upset, but the black guys thought she was hot.  And that was the card she played.  She always made it clear that she wasn't white, but that she wasn't black either.  

Claudia reminds me of her.  

The thing that I don't understand is that we've seen Claudia's paternal grandmother.  Does she feel this way about her?  She's dark skinned.  Her supposed bff Kenya is dark skinned.  So are her comments okay so long as she's just "joking"?  I'm not dark skinned, but I still want to beat the shit out of her just on principle.  I hope when reunion time rolls around someone calls in and calls Claudia to task about all of these videos, from the Tiny insults to the dark skinned blacks' teeth and eyes comment to the big black men make perfect orangutans and monkeys remark.  Of course, Andy will probably have all of those calls weeded out.  Ugh!

She said Tiny looked like a pig and was a waste of light skin.

And that she wouldn't know whether to fuck her or put a quarter in her back.

She's the type of person whose inner ugliness overrules any so-called prettiness in the outside. And honestly, the bitch ain't even that pretty to begin with.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 4

She said Tiny looked like a pig and was a waste of light skin.

And that she wouldn't know whether to fuck her or put a quarter in her back.

Oh wow!  Rudeness!  I'm surprised Kandi is so friendly towards her; isn't Tiny one of Kandi's best friends?

I'm surprised Kandi is so friendly towards her; isn't Tiny one of Kandi's best friends?

Yes!  Tiny helped co-write the songs that made them both so rich as well as being a former band mate.  They both started in Xscape. 

Claudia said it during a radio show she was cohosting. I'm not sure of the timeframe.

This happened even before Claudia worked with Tiny on Tiny Tonight which aired in December of 2012.  She's trying to make amends and apologize now but my question is, why didn't Claudia apologize when she was on Tiny's show?  I tell you why!   She's apologizing now because she got caught.  She probably never thought that radio show tape would pop back up and bite her in her scrawny ass.  I'm so glad Tiny didn't accept Claudia's fake insincere apology.

• Love 1

I can't possibly defend Claudia for all of the links quoted above, but that video is clearly at a comedy club.  She appears to be onstage.  I don't think it's funny, and her delivery is terrible, but it looks (IMO) that she's trying to do a comedy routine.  Comics say stupid/offensive stuff all the time.

We may all have opinions on whether a member of one ethnic/religious group should be making nasty/negative comments about members of their own group (and I recognize that there seems to be a question of what "group" Claudia belongs to), but it happens all the time.

Otherwise, I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can stand in front of a microphone/camera/other people/the mirror and say this kind of garbage.

I always thought the biracial storyline was featured mainly because Claudia earned her peach late in the game and they had to scramble for content to round out Claudia's character. I remember Monique, the football player's wife that was on for a few episodes last season mentioning she was biracial and it wasn't such a huge deal. I don't mind at all that it's mentioned so frequently because it is a little different and adds dimension to Claudia but damn this girl is not giving me any room to like her with these comments about apes and being dark. I get that she was teased and treated badly by some for the sheer fact that she was half black. Having people be so preoccupied by her race, has made her obsess with race in general in my opinion. The Tiny comments were rude and I'm sure she'll issue the standard non-apology if it's brought up; that was a long time ago, it was a joke, Tiny and I still talk, etc. The Planet of the Apes thing cannot really be dismissed. Does this girl have zero self awareness? To be so offended by a racial comment by Nene and then post that big black men are perfect casting for animals? She's not as smart as she thinks she is.

• Love 1

I can't possibly defend Claudia for all of the links quoted above, but that video is clearly at a comedy club.  She appears to be onstage.  I don't think it's funny, and her delivery is terrible, but it looks (IMO) that she's trying to do a comedy routine.  Comics say stupid/offensive stuff all the time.

We may all have opinions on whether a member of one ethnic/religious group should be making nasty/negative comments about members of their own group (and I recognize that there seems to be a question of what "group" Claudia belongs to), but it happens all the time.

Otherwise, I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can stand in front of a microphone/camera/other people/the mirror and say this kind of garbage.

It is curious that theses incidences seem to  be public, mic in hand gatherings. Was there any outrage or side eye at the time? Is this just the typical vulgarity of the bitches, hoes and dildos social scene?

Edited by Iguessnot

It is curious that theses incidences seem to  be public, mic in hand gatherings. Was there any outrage or side eye at the time? Is this just the typical vulgarity of the bitches, hoes and dildos social scene?

I imagine she wasn't famous at the time.

How much news is a former Barker beauty/Deal or No Deal briefcase girl really going to make,  even if her jokes are pretty racist?

I find it absolutely appalling that Claudia says that kind of shit about dark skinned men... I don't have the episodes to go back & refer to but didn't she say growing up she was mistreated by white & black people because she was mixed? (Or am I mixing her up with Mynique?)  I find it shameful ::shakes head::

I imagine she wasn't famous at the time.

How much news is a former Barker beauty/Deal or No Deal briefcase girl really going to make,  even if her jokes are pretty racist?

I would think there would be some stirrings somewhere, though not newsworthy, but somewhere in the social media arena. I don't know the timing of her "celebrity" but someone make sure to hold on to some potentially important sound bites.