Type keyword(s) to search

Claudia Jordan: New Girl On The Block

• Start Topic

I just watched the documentary Light Girls.  Claudia has a small talking head on it about how she gets a lot of attention from black men.  She also claims that she always stands up for her darker skinned sisters.  It was an interesting comment after I see an episode where Cordell (gay rumors aside) and Peter seem to be falling all over her.  Anyway, I liked her take down of Nene, but some of the things she has said in the past about skin tone is a little disheartening.

*HOWL* Not NC45!!!!  You real regular, Claudia!  Real regular!  Even I can get away with NC42!!!

People fight so hard to be light-skinned.  Being brown is just fine, sweetheart.  It's super okay to be Black (or part-Black) and look accordingly.

• Love 7

For those of you who are interested, Claudia was on the Steve Harvey Show and she was throwing shade at Nene..These ladies are really obsessed with her. Nene makes them relevant. Plus, I feel that she is trying to hard to keep her peach by bringing the drama. I remember her on Celebrity Apprentice and she was so nice and likable. Now she seems to be intent on bringing Nene down and I dont understand her reasons behind her.  Nene is an obnoxious fool who thinks very highly of herself but she has not done anything towards Claudia herself to warrant this much contempt. 

• Love 3

"Wah Wah Porsha, even though I called you a hoe because you giggled on the party bus, how DARE you ignore me at work? Why can't we be cordial?  We should hash this out at your party. Why don't you want to discuss this at your party Porsha?!?!" 

• Love 5

How I feel about Claudia Jordan this season

She started off quite likable until she started interacting with castmates other than Kenya and Cynthia.  She appears to be very insecure, very needy, and so very despirate.  Her jealousy of Porsha is so palpable you can feel the heat from it through the TV.  It is like she just has to find some way to tear Porsha down. Do I believe she actually wants to date Kordell?  No.  Do I think she would consider it to get to Porsha? Pretty Much.

Viable storyline - jealousy and full of insecurities

• Love 4

She's still a tryhard who ran with rumors of Porsha being a ho with no proof.  If she has proof besides local  blogs, then by all means, have at it.

The most mature Porsha has ever done is exit that silly ass conversation at her party so I'm not down for Claudia trying to make like she "ran away". 

• Love 3

Claudia is disturbing on this show.  The desperation is sick.  I thought she was entertaining before (I've been following her career for awhile now).  However, she needs to get off of this show if all she can do is obsess over Porsha.  She really did create an issue where there wasn't one.  She is the one who talked about Porsha because she perceived Porsha to be "laughing" at her in Puerto Rico.  

And she stays trying to act like they work together.  While they have the same boss, they are no on the same show.  And while Ricky is not above RHoA messiness, it still looked tacky to be talking about that crap and acting stupid in front of him.

Edited by AyeshaTheGreat

I think that whole thing was staged. Why else would Ricky agree to have cameras in his office when he is the one who brought up the issue, which should have had an HR person there as well. The entire show is scripted drama and that scene really broke the wall, for me. Sometimes, they do things that are so ridiculous you know it's fake.

• Love 1

I think that whole thing was staged. Why else would Ricky agree to have cameras in his office when he is the one who brought up the issue, which should have had an HR person there as well. The entire show is scripted drama and that scene really broke the wall, for me. Sometimes, they do things that are so ridiculous you know it's fake.

Except Claudia is still all oner Twitter constantly talking about it and putting her spin on it. Porsha on the other hand really doesn't talk about it at all unless asked directly.

Except Claudia is still all oner Twitter constantly talking about it and putting her spin on it. Porsha on the other hand really doesn't talk about it at all unless asked directly.

The difference being that Claudia has a peach and needs to keep it, production urging her to keep the fires burning on social media. Porsha has nothing but guest appearances, with nothing to gain or lose, so she could care less.

Well it looks like Clamidia is seeking another storyline adversary again.

She went for Nene and Nene shut her down with several apologies

She went for Porsha and Porsha shut her down by simply ignoring her

Now she's going for Kandi by insinuating that Kandi's husband, Todd might be gay.

Good luck with THAT. See you in the ER.

• Love 2

She's already seen a doctor this season on this show. The Dr. Oz show must be one more attempt at PR for her ugly feet.

I can't stand Dr. Oz either. I cheered when Congress called him out for making false medical claims.

• Love 1
I mentioned this on the Claudia thread, but I saw the documentary Light Girls and Claudia was on it.  She had a blink and you would miss it talking head and I would have no idea who the heck she was, if not for this show.  She said (I do not remember exactly what she said, so I might be misremembering) but she said she gets a lot of attention from black men because she is mixed.  I do think she is fully aware of her advantages, but like islandgal140 it is not for me to judge her experience.  However, I can judge her comedy and the eyes and teeth comment was hateful, not to mention.. not funny.

This came from the Real Housewives thread.  I however, will judge her experience because though I am not biracial, most people think I am because I am lighter than Claudia.  What bugs me about her is that being light skinned does have its advantages.  However, one has to be sensitive and not put down darker skinned people.  Claudia has not mentioned that "teeth and eyes" comment, that bothers me.  It reminds me of someone I knew in college eons ago, a girl my complexion, very aware of the advantages of being lighter, who would refer to the darker skinned girls as "dots."  Just fucking ignorant.

• Love 3

I don't get that with Claudia.  She did the same thing with Porsha.  I mentioned this before, but it's as if Claudia doesn't know how to act when she's disliked.  She goes on as if she's entitled to an answer or a reaction.  NeNe gave her response, which was pretty mature given NeNe's track record, and Cynthia and Claudia just couldn't let up.  Claudia was approaching Dr. Jeff levels when she started following NeNe.  Just move on.

• Love 5

Claudia's story about how her black grandma basically raised her are clearly a lie. She's entirely too disrespectful of common sense, personal space, the signs you're about to get smacked in the fact, etc.

• Love 2

Nothing would surprise me. This part of the article was interesting:

There have been several rumors that Claudia (who knew Carlos) was cast on the show specifically to cause conflict (with a certain Housewife who has since issued her a C&D letter) and was coached by producers. As a result of some acrimonious situations (some of which were edited out) and the vociferous complaints of other Housewives about favortism and storyline manipulations, an EVP was let-go. Carlos even did an interview promising that Claudia would bring the drama.

Who issued the C&D? NeNe?

Kenya's was in January, near her birthday. If a C&D was sent to everyone on these shows who said something defamatory about someone else, the court system would be tied up for years. Don't dish it out if you can't take it, and all that. I'm sure Claudia is worried, LOL, it's all on film every time NeNe called Claudia a whore in Puerto Rico, and other things I won't repeat. Silly women! :)

• Love 3
There have been several rumors that Claudia (who knew Carlos) was cast on the show specifically to cause conflict (with a certain Housewife who has since issued her a C&D letter) and was coached by producers. As a result of some acrimonious situations (some of which were edited out) and the vociferous complaints of other Housewives about favortism and storyline manipulations, an EVP was let-go. Carlos even did an interview promising that Claudia would bring the drama.

What's an "EVP"?  

Is Carlos the same dude who Todd partnered with to create the Hollywood Divas show, or whatever it's called, with Lisa Wu, Elise Neal, and the other ladies?

Edited by luckyroll3

What bugs me about Claudia is that "teeth and eyes" comment.  I wonder if that's how she really feels, she said it was a joke, but I don't know.  I don't think Claudia is that light skinned, I'm lighter than she, so there is that.  But I think Claudia knows that she is lighter than a lot of black women and she uses that to her advantage.  

• Love 1

After hearing the bad jokes she was telling during her attempt at stand-up comedy, I'm going to hope she was kidding about the other remark. Most of the jokes I've heard from her are of the tasteless and tacky variety. It bugs me too, Neurochick, to think that an otherwise intelligent woman would say something like that in seriousness.

I don't think Claudia is all that intelligent if she would make a joke like that. I see her as rather ignorant.

I detest that woman. I have a feeling the reason she got bullied as a child was because she went around telling everybody her mother was white, as if to say, "I'm better than you all."

Edited by Neurochick

(Sigh) Claudia, Claudia, Claudia. I liked you when you first appeared. But harping on Nene does not look good on you. Following her out the door was even worse. Take it from Kenya, who pulled the same thing a few seasons ago at Cynthia's event -- trying to follow Nene out the door.

• Love 1

I liked Claudia before she joined this cast.  I know she has been trying to do reality TV for a while, and even shot a pilot with Melyssa (from BS&H) that didn't get picked up.  I know her from the Foxxhole and her own talk show where she would say some wild things about any and everybody.  However, I never thought she would behave like this just to be on RHoA.  I guess I should have known since she has been so desperate to get on a show but, like others, she annoys me when she is harping on Nene.  While some might like it, it is not coming across the way she might have intended. 

I wanted to like her because of the biracial thing.  I identified with some of the stuff she said when she first came on, and I appreciated that.  

But as the season winds to a close...nope.  I think she was hired to stir shit up with the two who really didn't seem to be giving much.  And, I think she was sloppy in the way she tried to do it.  They could find somebody better to fill that role, I'd think.  Unless all the quality famewhores are on other Atlanta-based reality shows.