Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

That's the most depressing sneak peek ever! I wasn't sure if this was OUAT or LOST with Walt trying to convince Hurley at the psych institution. Jeez, writers!!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

That's the most depressing sneak peek ever! I wasn't sure if this was OUAT or LOST with Walt trying to convince Hurley at the psych institution.

This is a show about hope!

• Love 7
On 5/11/2017 at 11:04 PM, Artsda said:

If THR is right and Andrew West from TWD is an older Henry, I will be interested in seeing how that goes.

I don't think all the others will die, but will end up in some curse/realm.

My hope is that something happens in The Final Battle that restores them all to the EF, where the Charming family and their loyalists re-establish their reign, but Rumple, Regina, and Hook aren't allowed to return until they've burnt off some more sins. In other words, they'll be relegated to the Wish Realm, or something similar, where they have to choose their path. Emma will believe that Hook will choose well, because he now has the power of true love. Regina will be the Iffy character. Rumple will end up going darkside.

Then the season seven premiere will show Hook and Regina reuniting with their loved ones in the Enchanted Forest, and the rest of the season will tell us how they got there. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

That's the most depressing sneak peek ever! I wasn't sure if this was OUAT or LOST with Walt trying to convince Hurley at the psych institution. Jeez, writers!!

It's dumb and pointless. It's just contrived angst to fill in two hours. Absolutely no one has ever wanted to see Emma in a mental institution. I hate that Henry is, once again, the linchpin to fix everything. I can't believe we're getting a curse without Regina, Zelena, or Hook. You know, the characters who we'd actually like to see with fake memories.

Then the season seven premiere will show Hook and Regina reuniting with their loved ones in the Enchanted Forest, and the rest of the season will tell us how they got there. 

So effectively the Missing Year but how it should have been done?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

LOL.  I was JUST expecting Hurley to show up.  

This mental hospital plot has been done by every genre show out there... I was wondering when it would pop up, and apparently the series-as-we-know-it finale is when.

Congrats to the Writers for finding a new way for Emma to look washed out and sickly.  

Henry called his grandparents Snow and David?  Since when?  It was only to make the scenario sound "crazier".

In the entire Season 1, we watched Emma deny the existence of magic.  Ever wonder what it would have been like if Emma STILL didn't believe and we started Season 2 with Henry STILL convincing Emma to believe?  Well, here it is.

Black Fairy once again takes away everyone Emma loves EXCEPT Henry.  Who doesn't learn their lessons?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

This mental hospital plot has been done by every genre show out there... I was wondering when it would pop up, and apparently the series-as-we-know-it finale is when.

Congrats to the Writers for finding a new way for Emma to look washed out and sickly.  

1. Well and this show already did it with Belle. Ugh.

2. Have you looked at the finale's episodic photos on the ABC press site? There is not one pretty picture of Emma in her last two hours of her fricking story. Yeah but Jaime Murray looks great. Yeah, Show, whatever. Pbbllllttt. 

Edited by General Days

I mean shows like "Buffy", "Charmed" and "Smallville" all had episodes where the title character is in a mental hospital wondering whether everything from the show was real or if it was all a dream.  Usually, it was a trick for them to give up all their powers.

I love how Emma is always the one suffering the most in these cursed scenarios. Every other character always at least has free will of some sort or at least doesn't remember the time passing. Emma ends up abandoned as a newborn and chewed up and spit out by the foster system. Next, Emma gets chained to the floor of a tower with all her memories. Now she's in a mental hospital ripped from all her loved ones, including her new husband, being messed with by the Black Fairy and being pestered by Henry (I know he's there to help, but earnest Henry is really annoying). Oh and then she gets to die. Good times. Tell me again who always gets the short end of the stick?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

I love how Emma is always the one suffering the most in these cursed scenarios. Every other character always at least has free will of some sort or at least doesn't remember the time passing. Emma ends up abandoned as a newborn and chewed up and spit out by the foster system. Next, Emma gets chained to the floor of a tower with all her memories. Now she's in a mental hospital ripped from all her loved ones, including her new husband, being messed with by the Black Fairy and being pestered by Henry (I know he's there to help, but earnest Henry is really annoying). Oh and then she gets to die. Good times. Tell me again who always gets the short end of the stick?

I  think the "correct" answer is.........Regina!

• Love 7

The finale is going to be largely Henry trying to make Emma believe, which is just a rehash of season 1, but with a depressing setting, and the epic battle about 5 minutes which will probably be most people standing in the streets doing nothing.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, CCTC said:

The finale is going to be largely Henry trying to make Emma believe, which is just a rehash of season 1, but with a depressing setting, and the epic battle about 5 minutes which will probably be most people standing in the streets doing nothing.

Honestly! They knew this was the last episode for JMo, Jared, Josh, Ginny, Bex & Emilie and this was the best they could come up with? I know not everyone loved it, but something along the lines of the S3 finale would have been so much more fun. Or maybe just have Henry trapped back in Storybrooke and everyone else in the EF is trying to get back to him. I just can't believe they are doing a complete rehash of something we've already seen with the entire cast split up for all but the last few minutes. Just slapping a Happily Ever After montage at the end does not make it satisfying in the least.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kktjones said:

Honestly! They knew this was the last episode for JMo, Jared, Josh, Ginny, Bex & Emilie and this was the best they could come up with? 

It fits perfectly with them knowing it was the last half-season for all these characters, and this was the best 6B they could come up with.

I just hope it's better than the 5B finale.  At least right now, it seems to have slightly better potential.  We don't have Henry trying to destroy magic AGAIN.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Camera One said:

We don't have Henry trying to destroy magic AGAIN.  

True, but I don't find "believer" Henry to be any more enjoyable. And we just had him playing this role in 6x20. Wasn't that enough Henry? And why would he be excluded from the Black Fairy's curse. It doesn't make any sense...

Yeah, and I don't find the actor believable in that role anymore, given his age.  They need to change his approach and his writing to make it work, but as usual, they repeat the same old thing that a 10-year-old Henry might have said.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

Yeah, and I don't find the actor believable in that role anymore, given his age.  They need to change his approach and his writing to make it work, but as usual, they repeat the same old thing that a 10-year-old Henry might have said.

I haven't sat through an episode in so long, and don't exactly seek out Henry-heavy YouTube clips, it was actually shocking to me how much Jared has grown.

Edited by Amerilla
(edited)
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

I mean shows like "Buffy", "Charmed" and "Smallville" all had episodes where the title character is in a mental hospital wondering whether everything from the show was real or if it was all a dream.  Usually, it was a trick for them to give up all their powers.

And don't forget "Alice Through the Looking Glass". That one movie you could have sworn was written by A&E but wasn't.

It's strange. I feel as though I know everything that's going to happen in the finale, yet close to nothing at the same time. Last year, the spoilers were just as chaotic, and the execution didn't straighten things out at all. I have no hope this will be any different.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Well, the good news is you won't have to worry about suspending belief anymore. I like the concept of Henry as a character, but I'm actually glad that Jared is getting replaced. Sorry?

I guess they may be finally living up to the "season 1 feel" they've been hyping all season. No hope? Emma doesn't believe? Henry is the true believer? I guess they feel this is the right way to say goodbye to Emma by bookending her story this way.

7 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I just want to remind everyone to buy some boxes of tissues for tomorrow.  You know we will all shed tears when Rumple is inevitably separated from his dear son Gideon.  

Gideon? Who's that?

14 hours ago, sharky said:

Well, the good news is you won't have to worry about suspending belief anymore. I like the concept of Henry as a character, but I'm actually glad that Jared is getting replaced. Sorry?

Yeah, no offense to the actor, but he only worked back when he was a cute child (in season 1....). I still think they should've replaced him with Robbie Kay back in season 3.

I'm not sure what to expect in the finale. I hope there's some sense of finality for those who would like to ignore season 7 entirely.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

"Right before we were cursed"? Charming, you weren't cursed for another nine months after your wedding.

He has had one too many memory curses/memory teas.  Next season might as well be "Once Upon a Brain Research Center".

(edited)

The shade thrown to Regina over the curse is very awkward. Yeah, Regina does deserve blame for originally enacting it. But, the characters never point that out unless the writers want them to subtly wink to the camera. "Isn't it ironic™ that the Evil Queen is cursed with us this time? Teehee!"

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get a bunch of feels just from visiting the wedding room from the Pilot. This finale is going to have a bunch of nods like that, but it's so far removed from what the show used to be that it's tacky. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
3 minutes ago, Camera One said:

He has had one too many memory curses/memory teas.  Next season might as well be "Once Upon a Brain Research Center".

Not to mention be might be second to Hook on being knocked out by force.  I like Charming, but cannot disagree with an earlier post that said "it is good thing he is pretty."

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm sorry, but they should ALL be in a mental hospital.  

I think you have discovered what the reboot is about, everybody is in a mental hospital. Those who have left are in a special ward and that's why we can see them. So much HOPE!!!

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
On 14/05/2017 at 0:16 AM, Kktjones said:

Honestly! They knew this was the last episode for JMo, Jared, Josh, Ginny, Bex & Emilie and this was the best they could come up with? I know not everyone loved it, but something along the lines of the S3 finale would have been so much more fun. Or maybe just have Henry trapped back in Storybrooke and everyone else in the EF is trying to get back to him. I just can't believe they are doing a complete rehash of something we've already seen with the entire cast split up for all but the last few minutes. Just slapping a Happily Ever After montage at the end does not make it satisfying in the least.

I also think we get a final montage and that it will be straight after the final epic 30 second 'test' of Emma getting stabbed by Gideon..seriously afraid that will be the last time we hear any of the leaving characters speak  and the last words i hear on this series (because ignoring the reboot stuff) will be Jared's godawful nasally droning voice narrating the montage. If there is a voice over please let it be Emma or Snow...please!!!

• Love 1
On 13/5/2017 at 4:16 PM, Kktjones said:

Just slapping a Happily Ever After montage at the end does not make it satisfying in the least.

Especially when that montage is going to be followed by a scene that its going to mess with most (or all) of them.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ahh, the Happily Ever montage.  I've watched multiple shows where the season finale "also works as a series finale", and basically, if you were lucky, the last 4 minutes was a Happily Ever montage (if you weren't lucky, it was the last 2 minutes).  So unsatisfying.  

Edited by Camera One
(edited)

I also think we get a final montage and that it will be straight after the final epic 30 second 'test' of Emma getting stabbed by Gideon..

Or they go the La La Land route. Show you all the happy endings that could have been. Then bam - Emma gets stabbed by Gideon and dies.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Or they go the La La Land route. Show you all the happy endings that could have been. Then bam - Emma gets stabbed by Gideon and dies.

Emma is still going to appear in one episode of Season 7. So unless it's as a dead body or flashback, she'll survive this one.

And she would have appeared in more than one if Jennifer Morrison had decided to stay on. So her death doesn't seem very likely.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

Anyone know if there is going to be a live chat thread for this mess tonight? I think I will be done after this episode (unless I decide to hate watch season 7). Would love to snark on this mess with y'all. 

(edited)

RC signed a contract to continue with the show. That's been well publicized. It sounds more like a goodbye to Emilie because they won't be working together anymore. The tags kinda say it. He is aslo no doubt aware that some of the overinvested Rumbelle fans will be done with the show now so it could be a nod to them, too.

Edited by orza

I mean shows like "Buffy"... all had episodes where the title character is in a mental hospital wondering whether everything from the show was real or if it was all a dream.

At least with Buffy, they explored concepts like this in brief spurts. It would be one episode in the middle of the season, and business would go on as usual. A&E like to take crazy ideas, milk the crap out of them, and then stick them in pivotal moments of the narrative. Usually, a season or winter finale would wrap the current plot(s) and setup the new ones. On OUAT, we spend almost an hour (or two) on pointless shenanigans before we get to anything important to the plot.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Black Fairy is going to be muhahahahahaha in the background until she is vanquished 10 minutes before the end.  Then, we'll have 3 minutes of happiness (hugs all around, everyone), and then 5 minutes of setting up the "reboot.  That gives us 1 hour and 50 minutes of filler and commercials.  Enjoy.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)

Dallas: The final battle. The final battle that we have been waiting for it is going to be a...what is it going to be?

Goodwin: Epic!

Dallas: Epic! It's going to be a showdown of epic proportions. That is for sure.

Interviewer: Can you say where?

Goodwin: Storybrooke. That's where it is geographically. Emotionally, they are all over the map. Main Street more specifically

Emotionally, they are all over the map?  Is that supposed to be a compliment?  LOL.

Interviewer: Because the show hasn't gotten a pickup yet, if this is the final episode -- if it's the series finale instead of the season finale -- will fans be happy with how it ends?

Dallas: I think most people will be. You can't please everybody. I think that some people will be happy and some people will be angry and upset...

"Angry and upset" is a little strong for the "other" possibility...

Interviewer: Are you guys aware of any plans for Season 7? Do you see where the story could go if you get the pick up?

Goodwin: Oh, for sure. They definitely have great ideas about what could happen should we go on, and I'm just kind of assuming it's going to go on. Like forever.

Their flippant answers... not sure whether to take them seriously or not.

Edited by Camera One

So we come to the end of another season of Once Upon A Time, and that means it's time for the traditional 'locking of the spoiler topic until spoilers start happening again.' We thank all of you for posting here at Previously.TV, and hope to see you back here soon! (but we totally understand if you don't!)

1280_Once_Hook_Emma_Wedding_04.thumb.jpg.926fb70befa2dc93020f263afcddbf32.jpgUntil then - have a great spring/summer!

• Love 2

Comic Con 2017 is around the corner, so news will be starting to trickle out soon The Spoiler Discussion and Spoilers Only topics will unlike on Saturday, July 1, and spoiling may commence again!

To tide you over until then...

When-he-stares-off-distance-you-wish-he-staring-you.gif.27d79f17629a751e7d9d18f0f5a3eb3a.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f-232393136323138312e313433393738633364653633633333312e676966.gif.f4f71f4dad200c427b34c6a610acbc10.gif

colin-odonoghue-captain-hook-smile-gif-34.gif.d0ee8b93cf2e2af5136f8acd979b3028.gif

• Love 5

New location was confirmed on the pet spa's Instagram account -- and with a picture!

We look a little different but we are still Royal City Paws Pet Centre - Paws veterinary clinic & grooming. Changes are for filming of Once Upon A Time. #onceuponatime #radcliffe#arewegoingtobeinthebackground#moviestarstatus

Based on the hashtags it doesn't sound like they're filming inside. I wonder if this area of Vancouver is going to become the new Storybrook. It would lend support to the news that they packed up their Steveston storage location. Plus, if you check out the pet spa picture, I think this area could easily pass for some downtown Seattle location.

(Holy crap, I missed the spoiler thread.)

• Love 1

It is a much busier area, though, so I doubt they would be filming as much exterior as in Storybrooke.  It would also cost a bit to rebuild a brand new street scene in studio, given their assumed lower budget.