Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I read this thread and all you people scare me!

The relationship betweem Emma and Regina was not that bad in 5b. This final seem to have some good stuff and some stuff I will need a lot of rhum for! 

By now I know a lot about the swanqueen plot  and a little intriguing stuff for the Rumple and Henry dilemme but almost nothing about the  jCharming- hook- Zelena adventure.

Probably for the best because that what I am looking for the most. It could be fun, a little scary and emotional with the writer do it right.

On 5/12/2016 at 3:21 PM, InsertWordHere said:

I'm expecting at least one scene of the EQ trying to seduce Hook, is all I'm saying. 

Currently trying to pour bleach into my nostrils to try to reach my brain....

• Love 6

From the TV Guide article:

Storybrooke's most important hero is in a very dark place as Once Upon a Time heads into its season finale on Sunday.

They're talking about Regina, in case you couldn't tell. And yeah, didn't realize that Regina was a more important Hero than The Savior.

The whole article is very pro-Regina.  Which is okay to an extent.  I don't actually hate Regina.  I enjoyed the character as the devious Mayor Mills.  Like, I think, most others on here, I just want her to own up to her past, which I don't feel has been done satisfactorily.  So this:

She may have been the Evil Queen, but over the course of four seasons she's proved multiple times that she's selfless, empathetic and willing to do whatever is necessary to keep their town safe. It's time the people of Storybrooke started to believe in her as much as they believe in Emma and Snow White because she's given up more for them than anyone else.

Just rankles.  Yeah, willing to do whatever is necessary, I'll agree.  But selfless and empathetic? Nope.  Just nope. And that last sentence especially.  Really?  Regina's given up more than Emma and Snow?  I don't think so.  

It's like this article was written to drum up support for the character after someone read backlash from the Lana interviews.  

It's not working for me.

• Love 8
(edited)

Okay, but on a more "serious" note, now that I've had the chance to process the "fact" that there's another Holy Grail, because why have one, when you can have two of them? Neal was never on a quest to destroy magic, was he? I mean he hated it, and he hated what it did to his father, he didn't trust it, but he never went on some "quest" to destroy it. That was Greg and Tamara, their plans for the "Home Office" and Neal had zero clue about any of this.

At this point, this feels like a whole lot of "where can we insert Neal in the story?"

If I'm wrong, and misremembering, then my bad. But I remember Neal hating magic, and he using it when he needed it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

If I'm wrong, and misremembering, then my bad. But I remember Neal hating magic, and he using it when he needed it.

I don't think Neal hated magic. He hated the corruption. He used magic many times, such as with the magic bean, escaping Neverland, and trying to find Emma through the crystal ball in the Dark Castle.

Just now, KingOfHearts said:

I don't think Neal hated magic. He hated the corruption. He used magic many times, such as with the magic bean, escaping Neverland, and trying to find Emma through the crystal ball in the Dark Castle.

Okay, maybe hate is a strong word, but my question was more related to the sneak peek, and what Violet implied that Henry said his father was trying to destroyed, or wanted to destroy magic.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Neal was never on a quest to destroy magic, was he?

::snort:: No.  I don't remember any Neal or Baelfire "quest" to destroy magic.  He just wanted to get away from it because of what the dark magic did to his father.  Not destroy all magic.

Bad retcon.  Bad.

• Love 2

Ugh, I really hope they're not going to beatify Neal any more. What is the point? Henry has had David, Hook, and (briefly) Robin, all of whom are better father figures than Douchefire. I feel like this is Once's version of Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight. Walsh: Turned out to be a flying monkey, but helped Henry with his science project-- Still A Better Father Figure Than Neal. August: Ditched baby Emma and lied so much he turned to wood, but he showed Henry his typewriter-- Still A Better Father Figure Than Neal. Grumpy: Gave Henry a cookie once, offscreen-- Still A Better Father Figure Than Neal. 

• Love 12

I guess they might retcon this into a young Baelfire story. Maybe he was trying to destroy magic before meeting Shady Blue. Blue, realizing how dangerous this boy was, decided to send this kid away to the Lw/oM before he destroyed the Enchanted Forest.

Now, the holy Grail has an Evil Twin? Great.

How did Neal have the time to share creepy pick-up songs and stupid plans with Henry in the two days he knew him? 

• Love 1

I was a little sad the finale is tomorrow night and then no new episode until September...but then I saw the Henry/Violet sneak peek and I'm so over this finale.

It's bad enough that most of the episode will be Emma and Regina bickering over everything and anything.  And Regina threatens to kill Hook.

Now the greatest hero of all returns in the form of Henry idolizing the father he knew for 2 days. Turns out Neal could've saved them all if he hadn't gotten sidetracked a million times.  I get that people do this to lost loved ones, but does Henry never wonder why his father left his teenage mother?  Does he never wonder why his mother was in prison when he was born? Does he ever wonder why Emma gave him up?  And of course, he's forgetting that Neal resurrected Rumple and caused his own death by magic.

So not only is their no resolution (other than Hook is alive) to this whole season 5 plot, we get 2 random hours of a Regina/ Emma road trip because Henry is throwing a tantrum, just like his father .  Ugh.

• Love 6

I don't do promos or sneak peeks, but this finale sounds absolutely terrible. I've been pretty meh about this season in general and this finale might be enough to turn me off completely. If Emma's happy at the end (and it sounds like she will be), this could be the best place to stop.

• Love 2

One of the things that bothers me most about this finale is the separation of Emma not just from Hook (who would mince no words telling Regina to get bent), but all of her support group. David's stood up to the Ungrateful Bitch a couple of times himself, and even Snow was like "HEY!" in 5.1. Hell, I think Zelena might even have a few words for her sister.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mjgchick said:

Holy retcon batman. It just keeps getting worse.

I do wonder since MJR's show got canceled is A/E trying to bring back Neal. In that case pass.

Nope, he's moved on and he's happy and he doesn't want to come back. :)

I love how a second Holy Grail in Storybrooke might have been the solution to you know, destroying the darkness that was loose in Storybrooke after the Apprentice pulled it out of Rumple.

Which really means that none of the stuff that went down from 4x22 on had to happen. You know, like Emma taking on the darkness, Camelot, Hook's death, the Underworld, Robin's death...

• Love 2
(edited)

I do wonder since MJR's show got canceled is A/E trying to bring back Neal. In that case pass.

They have said they'd like him back in flashbacks, so we could possibly get those down the line.  

But not back from the dead, they were also firm about that and there's no great demand for Neal's resurrection these days anyway.

Also, saw the sneak-peek.  Violet's a cutie, she's really too good for Henry.

Edited by Mathius

They better have an amazing logical reason why the Evil Grail is hanging out in the one spot in the universe where one of the few people from Camelot might see it and recognize its importance.  A Camelotian just happens to be in our world because one Dark One turned their loved one into a Dark One after he got stabbed by a sword forged from the Holy Grail who goes on to cast a dark curse that drags the Camelotian to our world where they befriend the village idiot who takes them to a room (in Storybooke? New York?) that holds the Evil Grail which they instantly recognize. Nothing has to align for that to happen.

And somebody tell Violet that Neal never finished his quest because he was too busy stealing from convenience stores, knocking up teenagers and having sex with his fake fiance to get around to that quest. 

That can't mention Neal with retconning the past, can they? If they wanted Neal to be such a hero, they should have shown us that.

• Love 5
(edited)

@ New Script Tease:

LOL, the Holy Grail is involved so of course they got to have a Monty Python reference in there somewhere.

Though I wonder if Hook has actually seen that movie, or if he's joking around without even realizing the irony?

Edited by Mathius

"Next, time perhaps go for an aggressive bunny rabbit?"

That, comma is bothering, me. 

Aggressive bunnies make me think of both Monty Python and Buffy, which makes me think of Arthur and the Blind Witch hanging out in the Underworld. 

Why would Adam publish that tease without correcting the comma?! WHY?! That bothers me more than whatever MacGuffin they're gonna pull out of their ass tonight.

• Love 5
(edited)

After the introduction of the Olympian Crystal, I was going to comment here that I was expecting the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to show up next. Now I hope they go through the instructions on how to use it (from the Book of Armaments, of course).

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 5
(edited)

IIRC, this is not the first time Adam's Script Teases have had a punctuation error. lol

That can't mention Neal with retconning the past, can they? If they wanted Neal to be such a hero, they should have shown us that.

Lbr, the more the writers try to retcon Neal into a saintly hero, the more he comes across as a creepy idiot jerkface. Teaching a pre-teen how to pick up girls? Destroying magic?? Continuing to disbelieve in Emma after after he freaking died???

I seriously think someone should have "the talk" with Henry before he too literally follows in his daddy's footsteps. I'm worried for Violet.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, InsertWordHere said:

"Next, time perhaps go for an aggressive bunny rabbit?"

That, comma is bothering, me. 

Aggressive bunnies make me think of both Monty Python and Buffy, which makes me think of Arthur and the Blind Witch hanging out in the Underworld. 

1 hour ago, Serena said:

Why would Adam publish that tease without correcting the comma?! WHY?! That bothers me more than whatever MacGuffin they're gonna pull out of their ass tonight.

1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

I find the comma misplacement in that script tease disturbing.

The comma is bothering me too.  Because I'm trying to figure out is the comma in there erroneously and it should be "next time" or if he put the comma in there to replace an exclamation point and it should read Next! and then a new line....

(edited)

I'm just picturing the Blind Witch being put on trial before Arthur and the citizens yelling she's a witch because she looks like one. (Which, kind of works in this universe. If you have generous amounts of cleavage or an outrageous fashion sense, you're going to be a witch 99% of the time.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Serena said:

Is this the first finale where they haven't given the press advance copies of the episodes? ABC probably knows it sucks, too. Channing isn't stupid.

They don't generally put up the finales for press review, just premieres.

I still cringe when he calls the man who just tried to kill his mother a few months ago, did kill his other grandmother (He doesn't know of course.) for the second time grandpa.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

I still cringe when he calls the man who just tried to kill his mother a few months ago, did kill his other grandmother (He doesn't know of course.) for the second time grandpa.

Well, but that's what Rumpel is to him.  It's the same reason he calls Regina "Mom" instead of "Regina" or "The Evil Queen" -- and he does know what her record is (he even caught her trying to strangle his other grandpa once)!

Edited by legaleagle53

We are coming to the end of another season of Once Upon A Time. The Spoiler Discussion topic will be locked at the end of the season finale this evening, since it will be at least a few weeks before there will be actual spoilers available. As always, casting can be discussed in Media. If there is something that you believe is truly spoilery, please feel free to PM one of us to let us know.

Thanks for posting here at Previously.TV!

@saoirse, @aquarian1, @MostlyC, and @yeswedo

• Love 4

Welcome back to OUAT Spoiler Discussion!

Just a few housekeeping reminders; this topic is for discussion of spoilers. This is not the spot for speculation about what might happen based on the season finale or the title of an episode (goes in the Speculation topic), or discussion of general interviews or casting news (which belongs in the Media topic). It is also not the spot to talk about what happened in the past or in the most recent episode. Pictures from the set, tweets from people at the filming, and actual spoilers are fair game for discussion here.

It is perfectly okay to take a conversation from this topic to a different topic when it starts to stray from discussion of spoilers; in fact, it's encouraged! If the topic does stray too far, the moderators may move or remove posts.

Also, please remember to post the actual spoilers themselves in the Spoilers Only topic. There are quite a few posters out there who would like to read the spoilers without sorting through all the discussion, so we do ask that you post them over there for their benefit. Thanks!

And discuss away!

tr4mAMg.gif

So Emma & Hook are in the same clothes as the finale. According to Adam, the premiere starts moments after the finale. But Hook has magically had a haircut. Perhaps Emma gave him a magical trim!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Curio said:

At least it's in the show's canon now for Emma to magically clean Hook up with the wave of her hand.

"Oh, honey, you're looking a little shaggy. Let me trim that up for you." *waves hand* "There, that's better. You look a little less like you've just been through hell. Now, let's go deal with whatever mess is happening today."

"But love, I have just been through hell. Died and came back, remember?"

"Pfft, that's old news. We can't dwell on what happened recently, no matter how traumatic it might have been. We have plot points to jump ahead to!"

And wheeeee! We're back in the spoiler thread! Overanalyzing every detail of some vague photos of filming! Yay!

• Love 12

“What’s funny is in the pilot if you watch when Emma sees the wolf that stops her from leaving town, the book flips open and we see all these worlds,” Kitsis says. “It’s time to tell new stories, broaden the show and move forward.” As for why these stories have not yet been told, Kitsis points to something Hyde said in the finale: “As he said, I need a place where these stories can play out, which would make me think for some reason they weren’t being played out, they were pushed on pause.”

The spoilers for Season 6 have been incredibly vague. Are they purposely not trying to spill the beans about the plot this year because they want to keep it a surprise, or is the story so meandering and open-ended that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what they want to spoil?

• Love 1

Really vague except maybe for Regina but the storyline for everyone else could go anywhere includind Rumple. I do appreciate they focus on all character but I really hope the hoping door storyline is mostly for the main cast and not just guest star.