Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

In the photos, it looks like Emma is actually there with adult Henry in EF 2.0, so maybe she does respond to the call for help at some point rather than staying home and sending Hook. Maybe she uses her Savior magic to save Lucy from the coming curse, and that means she's left behind when everyone else is sent to HH? She's actually touching Henry, so it's not just magic Skype.

22 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Emma looks quite distraught as she is kissing Henry....and not in a mother seeing her son for the 1st time of ages way. Killian doesn't look happy, either.

It looks like a goodbye scene between mother and son. This is presumably when Emma disappears from the picture. Time moved differently where ever Henry was gallivanting off in, and that's why he aged when Emma and Hook stayed young. I'm guessing Hook will volunteer to go with Henry to make sure the little shit is okay becasue Emma cannot or some such nonsense (she's pregnant/her parents are in danger yet again). Come to think of it, this means Emma is not going to die. It won't be "final" by any means. As I and others have speculated before, all one needs for a Hook/Emma reunion at the eventual series finale is a distant back-shot of a blonde hugging him. 

I don't know why, but the reboot sounds especially stupid the more spoilers I read. It's more of the same nonsense they peddled over the years, but without a character like Emma Swan to ground it in reality. Plus with the added jab of destroyed/frozen Happy Endings. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Emma looks quite distraught as she is kissing Henry....and not in a mother seeing her son for the 1st time of ages way. Killian doesn't look happy, either.

Well, she would be distraught if she realized she'd missed YEARS of his life yet again. Gotta be emotional and upsetting to realize that the 17-year-old son you last saw a few months ago is now 30ish. I figured this was a "hello" picture -- I don't think they would spoil the "goodbye" picture.

17 minutes ago, Souris said:

Well, she would be distraught if she realized she'd missed YEARS of his life yet again

That stinks, doesn't it?? Poor Emma. I hate this show for always destroying all hope, and still peddling it.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Souris said:

Well, she would be distraught if she realized she'd missed YEARS of his life yet again

Yeah, that's the impression I got as well. I think it would be bittersweet to be reunited with the son you last saw as an 18 year old and realize he's now a grown man. And talk about doing a hatchet job on a character - this makes Henry look terrible. He just goes off for what is clearly 10+ years in whatever realm he's in (where time must move faster) and doesn't bother to contact his family at all? So Emma missed another chunk of his life, not to mention his marriage and the birth of his daughter. I know we're not spoiled for everything, but it doesn't seem like Jen filmed with anyone besides Colin, Andrew & Jared, so I don't think she met Henry's family. I agree that the more I hear about this season, the worse it sounds!

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Souris said:

Well, she would be distraught if she realized she'd missed YEARS of his life yet again. Gotta be emotional and upsetting to realize that the 17-year-old son you last saw a few months ago is now 30ish. I figured this was a "hello" picture -- I don't think they would spoil the "goodbye" picture.

And then yet again when she's gone right after reuniting with adult Henry too.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Souris said:

Well, she would be distraught if she realized she'd missed YEARS of his life yet again. Gotta be emotional and upsetting to realize that the 17-year-old son you last saw a few months ago is now 30ish.

Yeah, that's why I was saying a few days ago that this storyline doesn't make Henry look too good. He knows he's growing older, may not realize that time is passing differently back home, so is he gone all that time without checking in with his family, knowing that missing years out of their children's lives is an ongoing issue for them? And it's all because he wants to be some kind of storybook hero. If he wanted to do good things, make a difference, help people, he could have done it in his world -- be a crusading journalist if he has to be a writer, or be a doctor, a cop, paramedic, aid worker. But he's ditched his family because he wants to fit some romanticized definition of "hero" out of a storybook. It's ironic that Captain Hook, who's eventually proved himself to be a true hero after many realm-hopping adventures, is living out his ongoing heroism as a relatively mundane cop in our world, both in Storybrooke and in his cursed identity. But that's apparently not good enough for Henry, who's more concerned about being immortalized. I still don't see why it couldn't have been Author duties that drew him away.

I had a wacky thought on the thought that it's Emma who somehow does something that allows Lucy to get through the curse unaltered (assuming she does), similar to baby Emma being put in the wardrobe. I imagined them re-showing that bit where there's the danger coming and Henry tells Lucy to go find her mother, only they've reshot it and retconned it to say to go find her grandmother, and Emma's the one who sends Lucy to cursed Henry.

• Love 3

So it looks like Emma is seeing Henry for the first time after a long time in the photo?  But she could also be saying goodbye to him too?  Either way, Emma seems distraught but Hook just looks sad, so it's hard to know what's really happening in the picture.  Are they in the EF 2.0 or is Henry just back from there and in the Storybrooke woods?

I don't think this means Emma won't die...

Those photos really scream "happy beginnings".  The Henry scene could also be a goodbye after a kiss on the forehead, and the other one with Emma holding Hook's hook seems like she's distraught.  

The new info makes me even more confused.  I didn't expect Emma to have heeded Adult Henry's call as well, because why would she leave?  She doesn't look pregnant.  Maybe Emma becomes the new book after she bestows Savior-ness to Lucy-in-the-womb.

Edited by Camera One

I'm thinking this looks like the EF. So maybe somehow this is a time travel thing. Present Emma/Hook travel to future Henry in another realm. Not sure about the kiss but I think it may be a goodbye with Emma left behind while the boys go somewhere.

Also why hasn't anyone mentioned how awful Emma's hair looks? I mean, I understand that she only had temporary extensions instead of her usual more permanent ones, but it just looks horrific.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, sharky said:

Also why hasn't anyone mentioned how awful Emma's hair looks? I mean, I understand that she only had temporary extensions instead of her usual more permanent ones, but it just looks horrific.

Like mother like daughter?  

• Love 1

Why does nobody ever bother to speculate Belle dying since we know Emilie won't be back full time either? Why is it only Emma who could potentially be killed off?

A&E can't spend all their time worrying about the people who have decided to move on. So yes, there are no current plans to explore Emma's character after episode 2. Makes sense to me. They have to focus on the people they have and the stories they can actually tell.

Doesn't mean they would kill off a character just to spite the actress or her fans. They're not that stupid.

9 hours ago, sharky said:

Why did they feel they had to even use the extensions. People get their hair cut - and it would have been a way to show that time had passed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CCTC said:

Why did they feel they had to even use the extensions. People get their hair cut - and it would have been a way to show that time had passed.

They probably think no one would recognize Emma otherwise. They're even putting a red jacket on Emma. They want to preserve her typical look.

2 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Why does nobody ever bother to speculate Belle dying since we know Emilie won't be back full time either?

Probably because Belle is a disney princess. Emma could be technically one too, but I doubt abc/disney would think it that way. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Why does nobody ever bother to speculate Belle dying since we know Emilie won't be back full time either? Why is it only Emma who could potentially be killed off?

To add to what Rumsy4 said, Belle is Disney princess who is really loved with a whole lot of merchandise using her, so I personally find it very unlikely Disney and ABC would let them kill her off without a fight. Emma, while there would be fan backlash from viewers, doesn't have a critically acclaimed movie staring her or merchandise and appearaces at theme parks around the world. It would hurt a tv show to kill Emma off, but it would hurt a global merchandise line to kill off Belle.

Edited by MadyGirl1987

I also think that whatever reason they give for Belle not being in HH will be easier to accept b/c this reboot isn't centered around her son. If Gideon was the main character and Rumple was continuing on the show, you can bet people would be speculating Belle must be dead if she's not there helping Gideon. I think some people just feel like death is the only logical explanation for why Emma wouldn't be there helping Henry. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

So it looks like Emma is seeing Henry for the first time after a long time in the photo?  But she could also be saying goodbye to him too?  Either way, Emma seems distraught but Hook just looks sad, so it's hard to know what's really happening in the picture.  Are they in the EF 2.0 or is Henry just back from there and in the Storybrooke woods?

I don't think this means Emma won't die...

Technically it'll be both considering it's her last episode, which makes it even more awkward.

9 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Because no one cares about Belle. Sure, she won't get killed off because she's a Disney princess, but even if they do kill her off, who cares? I've been rewatching season 6 now, which is the same as 5 and 4 and whatever else. Oh no, will she forgive Rumple or not? Gag. I'm willing to overlook Captain Swan being put on a back burner. But if they still play this will she forgive Rumple AGAIN, I may just have to DVR and skip through the bad parts of that episode.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Probably because Belle is a disney princess. Emma could be technically one too, but I doubt abc/disney would think it that way. 

No, the reason is that Belle simply isn't important enough in the show to be killed off. They have written Belle asleep in the background, left her behind and forgotten her entirely to get rid of her at different times so there would be no reason why they'd need to kill her off. With Emma it's pretty tough to think of a reason why she's not there since she's the main character and involved in most stories.

• Love 1

I think Emma has always been underestimated cause she was the character the most grounding in reality! Didn't benefit of flashy dress and such a things! 

But, it is obvious that she is the character that her absence and brief appearance give the show some needed buzz! And, Adams and Eddy did calm down any fear for rumbelle fans but "au contraire" play up the with the fear of Emma \cs fans!

All that plus question about the existence of bad blood bts! Does explain all the speculation! 

Lastly, the prequel just don't seem to be original enough at the stade to grab enough fans attention! 

Personally my last deception is how generic Tiana sound! Always the same story over and over again.. The feeling of déjà vu is this season 7 biggest problem!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Well, Snow and Charming aren't there either. And Henry is their grandson.

Sure but whatever happens to them and their son, it will presumably happen to them together, which is definitely not going to be the case with Emma and Hook. Viewers and fans might well be upset with how their story ends when it plays out on screen but there isn't a big question mark over their fate, they're both going to be re-cursed/dead/back in some version of EF/not mentioned by name. Still sucks that they knew Snowing wouldn't return for sure after S6 a long time ago and still gave them nothing.

With Emma, she and Hook *just* got married after a long time coming and now there is a huge question mark over what's going to happen to them/Emma. Naturally people are curious/concerned about it and the fact that it is confirmed as only one episode to wrap Emma up is probably more worrying in terms of Emma dying than if she wasn't appearing at all. And whilst it isn't A&E's fault that JMO didn't want to come back as a regular or say 5 episodes (except in terms of general quality of writing for Emma/other BTS issues) and wanting to focus on their new characters you also can't blame people for being more interested in someone who *was* a very important character and is the wife/mother of two main characters than in this glut of new characters they haven't seen yet, especially when at least some seem very generic so far. That may change depending on how the new season is received.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, superloislane said:

No, the reason is that Belle simply isn't important enough in the show to be killed off.

The writers haven't been shy about killing off characters they deem unimportant or have grown bored with. In this forum, there hasn't been much speculation about Belle's death probably becasue most of the posters here don't care all that much about her anymore. Belle doesn't have to be dead for Rumple to backslide or be cursed or whatever. Besides, Emilie de Ravin's return hasn't been touted as Belle's final appearance in the Show.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

CS is a happy couple with no trust issues, so it is much harder to convince viewers why Emma wouldn't be on the quest with Hook and Adult Henry and why she might never appear again.  Death is practically the only reason.

With Rumbelle, it is pretty easy to envision another scenario where Rumple lets Belle down and she and Gideon change their mind about him again.  After all, we've seen that six or seven times before already.  Or they could say Rumple doesn't feel like he deserves them and is wracked by guilt.  Okay, now that was just a joke.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

They might have considered it, but I would imagine only briefly. COD had time left on his contract and they did need a popular "good guy" anchor for this reboot that viewers know and love to help Henry. COD also ups the "attractive guy" quota as well. TV is a business and that often comes before the creative, so even if they liked CS they aren't going to put it before getting another season or two out of the show, even if they originally hoped JMO would be willing to sign on for more. Longer running popular ships than CS have had to be ended even if it wasn't what the EPs originally intended because one actor left and the other stayed. And I don't think they care enough about Emma in general to make CS a priority over whatever "new" ideas they have developed for Hook and once it became clear JMO wasn't kidding about not signing on they became 100% done with her. And I guess as much as the storylines/timeslot etc might not be his favourite COD probably appreciates having another season of guaranteed salary in the same city despite everything.

It seems like he's enjoying it, or else he wouldn't go overboard to say it's the best scripts he had ever read for the show.  I can imagine as an actor, it's not too exciting to play half of a stable couple.  I agree that he would fill the attractive lead guy quota, since Adult Henry was cast more as an everyman.  

Edited by Camera One

I'm already kind of underwhelmed by Henry and Cinderella's romantic relationship. We already know it's going to work out. They're married and they have a kid together. Just like Snowing. Their happy ending is certain. That's kinda boring. 

At least with this LGBT ship we could potentially see something different.

10 hours ago, Camera One said:

With Rumbelle, it is pretty easy to envision another scenario where Rumple lets Belle down and she and Gideon change their mind about him again.  After all, we've seen that six or seven times before already.

Rumple being in the middle of the action and Belle not being around wouldn't even require that much. Belle's never been front-and-center in the action, so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to imagine Rumple answering the call to help Henry while Belle stays at home with Gideon. Henry isn't her grandson, she has no special powers or abilities, so there's no huge drive for her to go. And then because of the ups and downs of their relationship, it's not quite so tragic a disruption of their "happy ending" if they're separated for a little while. I'm not sure how adult Gideon works into things, but I don't feel like it ruins anything to imagine Belle and Gideon at home in Storybrooke while Rumple goes off and gets cursed. They're open-ended with Belle's role on the show, so there's always the chance that she'll appear later and we'll get to see them reunited.

In contrast, Emma has always been at the center of the action. Henry is her son. She has special powers and is the Savior, who feels it's her job to deal with all problems, everywhere. It's harder to imagine a good reason for her not going to help Henry. These new pictures make it look like she did go, which makes it seem like something must have gone wrong for her not to end up in the curse with Hook. We know this is absolutely the end for Emma, so it's hard to see how anything happy can come of it unless they get creative about suggesting them being reunited without us seeing it, and then what will they do about the next season, assuming they get one?

I have to confess that I'm kind of looking forward to the new season, mostly out of morbid curiosity, the way you might find yourself stopping to gawk when you notice a train starting to go off the tracks. What will happen, will they be able to salvage anything, how bad will it be? But I'm also intrigued about Hook and Rumple in new situations. Both of them are fascinating actors to watch, but both roles have been stagnant, with them hitting the same beats and interacting with the same characters. At least the new curse makes them into different characters in entirely new situations and without the characters they usually interact with (other than each other). Hook even gets to wear new clothes. I imagine I'll just play the "Alternate Universe" game and tell myself that Hook is really back at home with Emma in Storybrooke, teaching his teen stepson not to be such a glory-craving jerk and doting on his baby daughter, but I'm getting to peek into a "what might have happened" and see what he'd do in a different situation.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

I imagine I'll just play the "Alternate Universe" game and tell myself that Hook is really back at home with Emma in Storybrooke, teaching his teen stepson not to be such a glory-craving jerk and doting on his baby daughter, but I'm getting to peek into a "what might have happened" and see what he'd do in a different situation.

That's a good plan. It's a plausible scenario, afterall. I think that's why I'm so into fanfic with this Show (more than any other 'verse I've been interested in). AUs and alternate timelines are part of the Show's DNA.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Rumple being in the middle of the action and Belle not being around wouldn't even require that much. Belle's never been front-and-center in the action, so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to imagine Rumple answering the call to help Henry while Belle stays at home with Gideon. Henry isn't her grandson, she has no special powers or abilities, so there's no huge drive for her to go.

That is very true.  There doesn't even need to be a falling out.  Rumple's motivation can still be getting back to Belle and Gideon, no matter who gets hurt.  I suppose they might have more planned because that type of exit wouldn't need a full episode devoted to what happened with Rumbelle, if it was just "I'm going to help Henry.  See you tomorrow".  It's just that breaking up with Belle again would be the easiest way to make Rumple that oh-so-complex character all over again.  Since presumably, Rumple, Hook and Regina will all need to have room for "new" character "development" in this new rebooted scenario.

• Love 1

I really don't think Emma will be killed off. I could see why fans were starting to get worried during A & E's interviews from earlier in the summer when they were basically telling everyone to appreciate the happy endings and not let them be ruined by whatever happens next, but IMO, the more recent interviews make it pretty clear that Emma is not going to die and that CS will be fine in the end. A & E may be arrogant and they may be terrible interviewees, but I really doubt they would claim that Emma's ending is satisfying if she ends up dead--especially since they're well aware of how upset some fans already are at that prospect. More than that, they wouldn't go as far as saying "CS fans don't need to worry (but they do need to tune in)."

I have very little faith in A & E, and I don't expect to find this season remotely satisfying, but I do expect that Emma and Hook will end up together (even if the reunion happens offscreen). I think fans have been so consistently let down by these writers that they sometimes actually start to see them as villains who are out to upset fans. Really, they're just average writers whose little bit of success went to their heads, but in the end they still badly want to appease their rabid fan base and just have no clue how to do that (and that's how we ended up with things like the Swan Queen friendship and the happy ending for Rumple and Belle).

I still wonder if they might go with a Fringe type ending. Something terrible happens that results in all the separations (Emma and Hook; Henry and his daughter). We spend the season watching the heroes struggle to set things right. Then characters travel back in time to the moment things went wrong, but this time they go right and everyone carries on with their happy endings. I know JMO isn't coming back for the finale and Adam kind of shot down the idea that she had filmed any scene for the finale, but is it possible she filmed the same scene twice but with slightly different versions (one sad and one happy)? If not, I'm leaning more toward someone else's idea that they flash forward to Emma and Hook's reunion. That makes most sense given A & E's claims that episode 2 is both JMO's curtain call and a satisfying ending to her story.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Katherine said:

I really don't think Emma will be killed off. I could see why fans were starting to get worried during A & E's interviews from earlier in the summer when they were basically telling everyone to appreciate the happy endings and not let them be ruined by whatever happens next, but IMO, the more recent interviews make it pretty clear that Emma is not going to die and that CS will be fine in the end. A & E may be arrogant and they may be terrible interviewees, but I really doubt they would claim that Emma's ending is satisfying if she ends up dead--especially since they're well aware of how upset some fans already are at that prospect. More than that, they wouldn't go as far as saying "CS fans don't need to worry (but they do need to tune in)."

While I am trying to be optimistic and say they wouldn't kill Emma, I admit I am worried they will. The fact they seem to have totally shot down any more appearances from her is something that gives me pause. It just seems like they wouldn't close that door so completely if Emma was alive and well. That would be an easy way to boost ratings; promote a special guest appearance by Emma somewhere down the road. Also;  I have seen enough from them to question what they call "satisfying." It wouldn't be out of character for them to have Emma die in a self-sacrificial, heroic moment and they think it a fulfilling end for her.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

That seems like a good guess! what pic is this cropped from?

The one where Emma is holding his hook and it looks like they are preparing to jump through a portal.

33 minutes ago, daxx said:

The one where Emma is holding his hook and it looks like they are preparing to jump through a portal.

Hmm.... Looks like this is in support of the Emma-is-not-dead theory. It would be typical of Henry to ask his mother to let him face his problems on his own so he gets all the glory. The puzzle is why Hook would volunteer to stay behind with Henry, and not leave with Emma--especially if she's pregnant and Regina is staying back. I know that alt!Hook theory is regaining momentum, but I don't want to get my hopes up...

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, daxx said:

I don't think it's a portal. They were looking up. To me it looked like they were facing some giant beast or something high up. If it were a portal, they'd be looking down. And if he's holding a bean, that means they haven't created the portal yet.

Edited by Souris
4 minutes ago, Souris said:

I don't think it's a portal. They were looking up. To me it looked like they were facing some giant beast or something high up. If it were a portal, they'd be looking down. And if he's holding a bean, that means they haven't created the portal yet.

Yeah I know they hadn't created the portal yet. But it looks like that is what they are getting ready to do in my opinion.

http://colin--odonoghue.tumblr.com/post/165012840180/theyre-back-x

• Love 1

A new Rapunzel has been cast.  I guess this is the season of everything but the kitchen sink.  A&E are already bored of their new toys?

Warner’s Rapunzel will find herself magically trapped in a tower by an evil sorceress. Feisty and full of pluck, she will do whatever it takes to break this spell and make the sorceress who imprisoned her pay for those crimes.

I guess this time, they're going to tell the Rapunzel tale instead of using the Disney movie as a "jumping off point"?  Make the sorceress pay?  Tsk tsk.  You should thank her for giving you so much quality time to self-reflect.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

Who enacted the new Curse?  First five episodes, you think it's Lady Tremaine.  But surprise!  It's evil enchantress from out of nowhere (Rumple's long-lost sister) who locked Rapunzel in her tower and planned to get her back by removing her memories with a Curse.