Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Is it really smart to go up to Rumple and threaten to kill his son?

I love it that Emma is not intimdated by Rump and when she just shoves it in his face. She, Ingrid and Cruella were the only characters to give him sh*t...(Regina doesn't count as we now know that she always wanted to hit the sheets with him...UGGGH!)

• Love 4
(edited)

Blackbeard: "Are you trying to antagonize me?"

Hook: "Why yes. Yes I am."

LOL. This makes me think of Tim Allen and Tom Hanks in Toy Story. Nemesis pairings are the best.

I love it that Emma is not intimdated by Rump and when she just shoves it in his face.

Rumple: "That's the thing about confidence, Miss Swan. It's great at starting a fight, not so good at finishing one."

From the second sneak peek, I'd say the Black Fairy created the Dark Curse. I don't know why Emma thinks she can stop her because she broke the one Rumple set up. That was all designed for her to win.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)
19 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

From the second sneak peek, I'd say the Black Fairy created the Dark Curse. I don't know why Emma thinks she can stop her because she broke the one Rumple set up. That was all designed for her to win.

I guess we should get ready for another round of ret-cons.  The Dark Curse was created out of love but it turned into darkness because The Black Fairy was betrayed by her BFF Blue and love turned into hate (all kidding aside, I would love to see Blue's backstory fleshed out with The Black Fairy but the idiot writers already said Blue had no idea how The Black Fairy turned dark).

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)

(all kidding aside, I would love to see Blue's backstory fleshed out with The Black Fairy but the idiot writers already said Blue had no idea how The Black Fairy turned dark).

They also said Blue was involved in her backstory somehow. Part of me still wishes it's the Jekyll/Hyde thing. That would be so much more interesting than the Regina/Evil Queen stuff. Maybe Blue purged all the dark magic from herself, and she didn't realize that it manifested into a being. Then maybe Dark!Blue pretended be a good fairy for a while.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Actually, Rump said that to Regina.."You brought us here through time and space..." My little pouty Jefferson said to Emma...."How do you know the Civil War happened...because you read it in a book, so why is that real but this is not."   They did act as if all of the events in the EF happened in the far past in S1,

I don't think so. I've been looking at the transcripts. In "The Return", Regina said to Gold, "You created the curse for me. The curse that brought us here, and built all this." And later in the same episode Gold said to August (thinking he was Bae), "ever since you crossed the barriers of time and space". I can't find anything for your exact quote by Google. I think you may be conflating those two conversations. In any case, stories often talk about crossing "time and space" when they just mean universes.

I'm referring to Jefferson's next sentence, where he said, "And storybooks are based on what? Imagination? Where does that come from? It has to come from somewhere."

In Season 1, I didn't get the impression that the EF events were any particular length of time ago, other than 28 years. I think that was just an impression you got.

57 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I love it that Emma is not intimdated by Rump and when she just shoves it in his face. She, Ingrid and Cruella were the only characters to give him sh*t...(Regina doesn't count as we now know that she always wanted to hit the sheets with him...UGGGH!)

And why not? The show seems to have completely forgotten that he's supposed to have the powers of all previous Dark Ones and be uber-powerful now.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I don't think so. I've been looking at the transcripts. In "The Return", Regina said to Gold, "You created the curse for me. The curse that brought us here, and built all this." And later in the same episode Gold said to August (thinking he was Bae), "ever since you crossed the barriers of time and space". I can't find anything for your exact quote by Google. I think you may be conflating those two conversations. In any case, stories often talk about crossing "time and space" when they just mean universes.

I'm referring to Jefferson's next sentence, where he said, "And storybooks are based on what? Imagination? Where does that come from? It has to come from somewhere."

In Season 1, I didn't get the impression that the EF events were any particular length of time ago, other than 28 years. I think that was just an impression you got.

And why not? The show seems to have completely forgotten that he's supposed to have the powers of all previous Dark Ones and be uber-powerful now.

To quote Tinkerbell, Ariel, and countless others, "it doesn't matter".  

(edited)

Also, it was always their intention to have realms representing all kinds of fiction and periods, which you can also see in the variety of doors in Jefferson's hat in "Hat Trick". The original Pilot script even has a glimpse of a War of the Worlds Martian walker as Snow and the Evil Queen are being transported by the Dark Curse and the barriers of reality are breaking down, and the hot air balloon toy in Emma's nursery in the castle in the completed Pilot is a reference to Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1

Love the bring my pirate quote from Emma. 

I will enjoy this week and next episode before it be back to to much mills' sister drama and Rumbelle family drama of 18-19 episode. The next episode I will be looking forward really is the musical for 1) the cs wedding 

2) curiosity I saw the flash musical and don't consider that very hard to be funnier and overall better. The flash was not bad but I just really loved the Barry and Kara duo and the overall plot was very weak. 

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

How can you read that script tease and not hear Isaac's voice? I always had assumed he left town after 4B. It's odd to me that the Charmings would keep him prisoner.

Well they weren't going to let him get away with his crimes including what he made Snowing do to Lily and Maleficent. In fact he was the real eggnapper and orphan maker (like Regina, Hook and Zelena), only he made Snowing and the Apprentice do it with his pen.

1 hour ago, Vader12 said:

"The Black Fairy is almost a different level because she is almost no longer human; she's part fairy. She's the only fairy that has fallen from fairyland."

Uh, what?

The Black Fairy is/was a human and wasn't always a fairy? Are fairies a sub-species of humans? Are they an entirely separate species? Also, "only fairy that has fallen from fairyland?" Does Tink not count?

The promo for next week looks really exciting. It appears the show is doing a rewrite history and see what happens if Emma never became the Savior thing. But better this time. Also, Snowing is together!

• Love 6

So I assume Emma getting stabbed and "dying" in the finale is part of the plan and it opens a portal to send the Black Fairy back. That's why Rumpel and Belle aren't on the street. They're in charge of helping the fairy through the portal. It explains the cave filming with Robert and Emma's emotional goodbye to Henry. She's planning to die to save everyone.

So when Emma gets stabbed by the sword that is now imbued with her own light magic...does that separate or kill the Savior magic in her???

If Snowing go back in time via that door and not a giant orange portal (!!)...and adopt little Emma ...does she still get statutory raped by ArseWipeFire who still dumps her? And instead of Henry getting adopted by Mayor Mills does he stay with Emma and family...but get left behind when she goes to break the Dark Curse..then shows up in the reboot????

I am sooooo confused...*help*

• Love 1

What I guess to be Killian's wedding clothes...when was the last time he did up all his buttons??!!

..then there's the 'groom hair'....

It's a wonder Emma recognizes him!

From sea to sky pics on flickr

IMG_5284

6 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

So I assume Emma getting stabbed and "dying" in the finale is part of the plan and it opens a portal to send the Black Fairy back. That's why Rumpel and Belle aren't on the street. They're in charge of helping the fairy through the portal. It explains the cave filming with Robert and Emma's emotional goodbye to Henry. She's planning to die to save everyone.

Unless the emotional goodbye between Emma and Henry is after the battle. Cause after all, Henry was not wearing a sling in the battle and there was a stuntman of him on j the battle scene as though something happened to Henry (which may explain the sling). Also there was a bts photo of the emotional goodbye scene where Emma has bags of suitcases under the hood of her bug.

And if the Black Fairy is sent to through a portal, maybe we might get a cliffhanger in the end of the finale signaling us that she might return as the big bad for s7 (if it gets renewed).

Edited by Vader12

I saw this idea somewhere else earlier today, I can't remember where though. Anyway, basically it said that maybe the scenes with Charming & Snow were actually from when the town was under the original curse and they actually woke up at one point, and tried to go and find their daughter. But then shenanigans happen, and they end up back in town in the sleeping curse. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

What I guess to be Killian's wedding clothes...when was the last time he did up all his buttons??!!

I'm pretty sure he's wearing a bow tie, so not buttoning his shirt up all the way would look pretty strange. ;)

I don't understand why he's dressed for a wedding, but Emma isn't.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

I saw this idea somewhere else earlier today, I can't remember where though. Anyway, basically it said that maybe the scenes with Charming & Snow were actually from when the town was under the original curse and they actually woke up at one point, and tried to go and find their daughter. But then shenanigans happen, and they end up back in town in the sleeping curse. 

I'm dreading 5x17 because we know their plan (if it is to adopt Emma or go back in time or whatever) doesn't work. The writers are going to, again, taunt us with the prospect of giving Emma a better childhood, when we all know she grows up alone. They've done it numerous times with guest characters like Ingrid. Retcons with no actual changes are dumb.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I don't understand why he's dressed for a wedding, but Emma isn't.

From filming spoilers it looks like the Black Fairy crashes the wedding (after they're married since they're wearing their rings) and sends Hook, the Charmings, Regina & Zelena off to the EF, leaving Emma & Henry behind and cursed (yay for yet another separation and Henry-focused finale!!). Then when they finally make their way back to Storybrooke, they re-appear in the clothes they were wearing when they left. Cue middle of the street reunion/duel btw. Emma & Gideon/complete 6x11 redux.

27 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'm kind of disappointed Killian isn't wearing a Royal Navy uniform for the wedding.

I am too! Sorry, but the black shirt, jacket, tie combo is kind of blah to me. I was hoping for either his naval uniform or something more like his Prince Charles costume. I have to admit to being really excited to see what Emma's dress looks like! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm dreading 5x17 because we know their plan (if it is to adopt Emma or go back in time or whatever) doesn't work. The writers are going to, again, taunt us with the prospect of giving Emma a better childhood, when we all know she grows up alone. They've done it numerous times with guest characters like Ingrid. Retcons with no actual changes are dumb.

Agreed. It's frustrating. 

I'm wondering if Emma is on board with this messing with her childhood idea because that worked out so well last time. It's telling that Emma is not there when David and Snow are standing at the door discussing how walking through takes away Emma being the Saviour. That's really not their decision to make. There was a distinct lack of Emma in the promo, so is she off trying to get Hook back while Zelena, Regina and Snowing try to steal the very thing she decided in the Spring Premiere was part of her and she shouldn't wish it away? It seems Hook was sent away to keep him from objecting to this highly stupid plan. 

And of course, we know it doesn't work or they don't go through with it, so it means nothing. Ginny said that what wakes them was not related to Snowing but it was very emotional for her so maybe we'll get a True Love's Kiss between Emma and Snow or David in the past and that breaks the curse? And they disappear because of curse breaking reasons and Emma is once again abandoned by her parents. Good times. I think it will be really hard for the writers to resist having Snowing meet Young!Emma.

4 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think this is right because Rumple is back to longer hair in the promo.

On 4/7/2017 at 6:06 PM, KingOfHearts said:

It's not happening. There's been no indication that Emma and Snow team up. Emma and Gideon do.

You were right.  :(   Maybe they're waiting for the perfect time for the Emma/Snow team-up episode.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Maybe they're waiting for the perfect time for the Emma/Snow team-up episode.  

"You know, we love Snow and Emma. Love to see them work together. I don't know if we'll have time this season to see them go off on an adventure together, but we have plans for Season 7..."

Show gets cancelled.

• Love 6

I thought it was really telling that Ginny's portion of the post episode interview was that Snow is ready to settle down and raise her family. That's all she wants as the story closes. I don't know how much more clearly an actress could telegraph that her character's story is done at the end of the season. 

It feels like the show's plotline is bleeding into the reality of the show's situation.  The show's future is ambiguous, the show's plotline is ambiguous, the actor's answers to the questions are ambiguous, A&E's answers are ambiguous (well, that one isn't new)...  "what does the end of the book mean?"  I mean, what an idiotic question.  Aren't there one hundred and one empty books in the Sorcerer's mansion?  Henry isn't adding stories to the existing storybook from Season 1, is he?  Isn't he just writing in some new book anyway? 

Snow this season has been all about the normalcy, she says.  And then in 5B, wasn't it "I don't want to be Mary Margaret anymore"?  Make up your damn mind, Writers.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

“Yeah, you completed high school and that was the end of [your] high school, but then there was the next chapter,” Kitsis adds. “For us, we feel like after six seasons, there’s a chapter of people’s lives that we’re ready to wrap up, but there’s a big future, like with anybody, and a transition. We’re excited if we get an opportunity, and a season 7, to show everyone that.”

This is just so depressing.  A part of me still wants the show renewed because I want to keep discussing it. But if the "chapter" on Snow, Charming and Emma are done and they're off the show, I don't know if I have the heart to continue on.  I still basically watch for them even though there's practically nothing. They clearly have little interest in writing for them anymore, and this just sounds like an excuse to dump them like yesterday's trash.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7

Condolences Camera One.   I feel bad for fans of charmings, zelena.  Those characters don't get the screen time they deserve.  I realized last night I don't care much any more because I am tired of Regina and Rumple being the center of everything.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Camera One said:

It would be strange they had plans for Season 7 since they didn't have plans in Season 6, Season 5, Season 4, Season 3...

Funny in season 3, Emma has been showing more interactions with Snow (especially how she was the one who helped reveal the map's secret) her since they were in Neverland than she did with the others, and in ep 11 in gold's shop, Emma has a talk with her Mother. In 3B, we see her do talking with both her parents like from the first moment she came back to Storybrooke, the first people she chose to talk to or ask questions is her parents. Also in 3B when the second curse was broken, she could have asked anyone like Regina if they remember, but instead she asks her parents (which was a very sweet thing). And during her time travel, her focus was to get her parents back together and how she was entranced at seeing what Snowing truly looks like and seeing them fall in love.

23 hours ago, Camera One said:

It feels like the show's plotline is bleeding into the reality of the show's situation.  The show's future is ambiguous, the show's plotline is ambiguous, the actor's answers to the questions are ambiguous, A&E's answers are ambiguous (well, that one isn't new)...  "what does the end of the book mean?"  I mean, what an idiotic question.  Aren't there one hundred and one empty books in the Sorcerer's mansion?  Henry isn't adding stories to the existing storybook from Season 1, is he?  Isn't he just writing in some new book anyway? 

Snow this season has been all about the normalcy, she says.  And then in 5B, wasn't it "I don't want to be Mary Margaret anymore"?  Make up your damn mind, Writers.

And yet it is showing that a normal life might not work for her. Cause after all, nothing seems to turn normal the way she wanted. Jasmine did inform her that she is no longer that cursed person anymore and I guess it points out that she needs to learn to accept who she is. Ginny did inform that what Snow seems to wish for is a bit delusional. That story also sounds similar that Emma saying a part wants to protect her family as a savior and the other part of her wishes a normal life. But they don't go the way the want it. Careful what you wish for girls

22 hours ago, kitticup said:

Condolences Camera One.   I feel bad for fans of charmings, zelena.  Those characters don't get the screen time they deserve.  I realized last night I don't care much any more because I am tired of Regina and Rumple being the center of everything.  

And don't forget Hook. All three of them. Although he is being sideline alot lately similarly like how Robin was last season.

23 hours ago, Curio said:

"You know, we love Snow and Emma. Love to see them work together. I don't know if we'll have time this season to see them go off on an adventure together, but we have plans for Season 7..."

Show gets cancelled.

That quote you showed? ("You know, we love Snow and Emma. Love to see them work together. I don't know if we'll have time this season to see them go off on an adventure together, but we have plans for Season 7...") Did the Showrunners say that, or did you invent it?

11 minutes ago, Vader12 said:

That quote you showed? ("You know, we love Snow and Emma. Love to see them work together. I don't know if we'll have time this season to see them go off on an adventure together, but we have plans for Season 7...") Did the Showrunners say that, or did you invent it?

I invented it, but it's based off a very similar quote A&E have used to describe other things on the show. The specific interview I was thinking of was the Comic-Con interview from a few years ago where they were asked about what happened to Will Scarlet's character.

I mean, this is weird, right?

Lana Parilla (Regina/Evil Queen) said it's a confusing situation for the stars as well, telling EW:

"Everyone's a bit baffled by the whole concept because we don't really know what that means. And us actors don't really know what that means. We know that this story is coming to an end, but we don't know how it's ending, and I think what's unknown is also what's so scary about it."

Do the writers think it's a good idea to keep their actors in the dark too? I suppose I can see keeping fans in suspense (even if it's stupid) but for the people working on the show to have no idea what's going on? What's their endgame with that brilliant plan? "You've been written out! Soooorrry!"

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

This is just so depressing.  A part of me still wants the show renewed because I want to keep discussing it. But if the "chapter" on Snow, Charming and Emma are done and they're off the show, I don't know if I have the heart to continue on.  I still basically watch for them even though there's practically nothing. They clearly have little interest in writing for them anymore, and this just sounds like an excuse to dump them like yesterday's trash.

Yeah,  I originally tuned in for Snow White and ended up staying for her, Ruby and Belle.   So my continued watching is very difficult.  And if Ginny isn't back next year I most definitely will not be either. 

• Love 1

I think I am more insulted by the "their chapter is done" comment because it implies that they have been telling a coherent story about them and exploring them as characters, which is not true.  And you're going to end their "chapter" with episodes where they have hardly any screentime?

1 hour ago, asabovesobelow said:

I mean, this is weird, right?

Lana Parilla (Regina/Evil Queen) said it's a confusing situation for the stars as well, telling EW:

"Everyone's a bit baffled by the whole concept because we don't really know what that means. And us actors don't really know what that means. We know that this story is coming to an end, but we don't know how it's ending, and I think what's unknown is also what's so scary about it."

Do the writers think it's a good idea to keep their actors in the dark too? I suppose I can see keeping fans in suspense (even if it's stupid) but for the people working on the show to have no idea what's going on? What's their endgame with that brilliant plan? "You've been written out! Soooorrry!"

That comment was just bizarre.  It's like they are writing a real-life plotline for the actors too.

Everything seems designed so A&E could say "Oh, this was all planned" whatever ABC decides.  They're acting like Rumple and that's not a compliment.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

The writers never have been and never will be honest about anything involving this show.  They are mediocre.  Their ideas may be intriguing and captivating but they have little substance to support those ideas.  Their spoilers have always been infuriatingly manipulative.  The "tease" is often abusive...to the fans and the characters and the actors.

It's just ugly.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, kitticup said:

Yeah - I think it would have been so much better if Rumple and Regina (and other antagonists) were not the center of attention (I'm so tired of the misunderstood villain with a sad backstory.  Who cares!  Not me!  Stop excusing your behavior!)  and the plot instead had focused on the 'heroes' and what they had to do to overcome their own faults or fears in order to defeat the bad guys.  

• Love 6

It doesn't make any sense that this is the "final chapter."  It's Emma's book, so we are really to believe that she dies in the final battle?  Because that's the only way the book ends.  Sure, you got to marry Hook, but that's it.  Gideon/Black Fairy kills you on the way to the reception.  Whatever.

Wouldn't everyone's books be continuing?  Also,  how long is a chapter?  IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Also, the actors are under contract, they cannot tell you whether they know if they are coming back next year because  A.  they don't know or B. they do know but are contractually obligated to say nothing.  If they say they know, they are hounded.  If they say they don't know, they are sympathized with, which would you choose?

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

It doesn't make any sense that this is the "final chapter."  It's Emma's book, so we are really to believe that she dies in the final battle?  Because that's the only way the book ends.  Sure, you got to marry Hook, but that's it.  Gideon/Black Fairy kills you on the way to the reception.  Whatever.

Final Chapter seems more related to her death or someone elses. I don't know it, but it might be possible that the marriage might only be for the dark curse or something. And after all, I think we read somewhere that Adam said and informed that the musical  is not be what we think it is. Nothing official yet.

Wouldn't everyone's books be continuing?  Also,  how long is a chapter?  IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Also, the actors are under contract, they cannot tell you whether they know if they are coming back next year because  A.  they don't know or B. they do know but are contractually obligated to say nothing.  If they say they know, they are hounded.  If they say they don't know, they are sympathized with, which would you choose?

The chapter might not be what we think it is. I mean two of the promos (including one for ep 11 and the one with the queen) seemed to have clued us that the final chapter might be which characters die of in the finale. Also, the filming for the finale (including the sword fight scene) was all out of order. And not everything is seen apparently.

The actors don't seem to know what is in store for them. Lana and Ginny seemed to clue us on that. And a clue that they don't know if they would return as either guest stars or regulars or if their characters might get killed off.

Edited by Vader12
3 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Yeah - I think it would have been so much better if Rumple and Regina (and other antagonists) were not the center of attention (I'm so tired of the misunderstood villain with a sad backstory.  Who cares!  Not me!  Stop excusing your behavior!)  and the plot instead had focused on the 'heroes' and what they had to do to overcome their own faults or fears in order to defeat the bad guys.  

Which is why Cruella revelling in her villany was so refreshing.  

• Love 2

Colin and others have said the musical episode isn't a gimmick or one-off but actually integrated into the storyline. I believe him before I believe Adam.

And yes, I get the desire to blame the writers for this current mess, but the responsibility for all this uncertainty lies squarely with Adam and Eddy. This season has especially proven how inept they are as showrunners. Just because you have an idea for a show because you've written for a show doesn't mean you know how to properly run one.

I'm taking Lana's comment with a grain of salt. I'm sure there's some drama going on, but she's been a drama queen in the past. Plus if the rumors are true that she's renegotiating her contract, it helps her if she stirs up her base with melodrama. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, sharky said:

I'm taking Lana's comment with a grain of salt. I'm sure there's some drama going on, but she's been a drama queen in the past. Plus if the rumors are true that she's renegotiating her contract, it helps her if she stirs up her base with melodrama. 

The other thing we have to remember is that Lana likely gave this quote to Natalie at EW back when she visited set in February (even before the musical episode started shooting). My guess is at that time the actors didn't know exactly how the season would end. Obviously if she had interviewed her today she would b/c the end of the season has been filmed.

• Love 1

You'd think they'd learn from Lost after writing for them where they had a time table of when the show would end instead they are stuck in purgatory like the characters about what they'll be doing next year.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Shouldn't we have a press release and promo photos by now? They're usually posted on Mondays, aren't they? Or is no one motivated to share them here?

I checked, and there's nothing released yet.

4 hours ago, mjgchick said:

You'd think they'd learn from Lost after writing for them where they had a time table of when the show would end instead they are stuck in purgatory like the characters about what they'll be doing next year.

Lost, for all its faults, never contradicted its own canon nor "rules". Much to viewers and critics chagrin, it left many things vague or outright answeres but the producers actively encouraged those viewers and critics to speculate and come up with theories, which added to the fun.   

6 hours ago, mjgchick said:

They weren't the showrunners or even the main writers of that show and the difference really shows, you can already see it from S1 (where someone else planned it out) and how the rest of the series turned out.

• Love 3