Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Article + pic of Emma

Artclie is putting it loosely, obviously.  It's a small paragraph before anyone gets too excited.  It is also puke inducing.

That article ... I'm going to have to ignore everything it says.  i really hope she was just using Lana's comments from the recent con in Brazil and that is not something that the producers ever have said that now Regina has to be the Savior.  She's been the freaking Savior more times than Emma the actual Savior has been the Savior.  I mean, I know TS:TW, but please, for the love of all things, can someone besides Regina, like idk, Hook, Snow and Charming, be the savior.  4B was pretty much the worst.  I was hoping we were pushing the reset button.

Not a fan of the Bebe Neuwrith Lillith Dark Swan look, either.  If you want to show me Emma coming undone because of the internal conflict, this isn't the look I would choose to mirror that turmoil.

Clearly the thing about Regina being the savior is NA's opinion, otherwise she'd have quoted A&E saying it, but it would be completely in the writers' wheelhouse to make it Regina. Predictable as hell, but when aren't they?

Personally I'm rooting for the Outlaw Green baby to be the new savior!

• Love 1
Are people just going to ignore Jennifer saying Emma sacrificed her life for the town or nah?

Well, between Emma sacrificing herself for Regina and Regina stepping in as the new savior even though I call bullshit on anyone other than Emma being the Savior and Natalie Abrams and the stuff she peddles, I'm gonna go ahead and press ignore on this one.

And the picture reminds me of a shoot JMo did sometime ago.  Same hair, leather jacket and she was wearing fishnets in that shoot and this one she has pants on.

(edited)

Clearly these photos are fake: where's the obligatory evil cleavage? ;)

But seriously... I don't know what to think. It's a bit different from what I thought it would be. She looks like a baddie from Star Trek.

Does this mean she's in Storybrooke?

Edited by KingOfHearts
is that bed in the first pic in Camelot?

It is a cart in the mine under Storybrook. We've seen it before.

If being the new savior involves battling Merlin it could be Rumple. A complete role reversal of Emma and Rumple is the obvious choice and since Rumple was the Dark One for a long time and has been to Camelot it makes sense that he is involved in that story line. Also, since season 3 Robert Carlyle's main storyline has always been with the featured guest star for the half season.

mma is now trapped with the powers of an ancient evil. “Every part of her is fighting her dark urges,” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. “What happens when [the darkness] mixes with the lightest magic of all, and will Emma have the strength to fight it?”

Becoming the Dark One “allows you to have the freedom to have no inhibitions,” Kitsis adds, which could play a role in exactly how Emma uses her powers. “We are going to be exploring love and what happens when you use it as a weapon and what are the things that it makes you do. In the past, we’ve said love is the most powerful magic of all. It makes you do many things you normally wouldn’t think you would.”

I thought these were the interesting bits since I've been wondering about Emma having light magic.

And I wonder how they will use love as a weapon and is it against her or is she the one using love as a weapon?  I mean we sort of saw Gold do that in episode 4x04 with both Anna and Hook.

My first thoughts on the Dark Swan costume:

- reminds me of an SS uniform

- a leather turtleneck? She's going to die filming outside during the current heat wave

- why do evil ladies never wear pratical flats? Those stiletto's make it tough to walk in the woods.

Please, please, plesae don't let Regina save the day. She's done it enough times. Anybody but her. Heck, Rumple can save the day. Or Henry. Or Moe. I know it won't be the Charmings or Hook (A&E would tell us it was too obvious). Regina already has her niece/nephew to worry about and she can't leave town without her True Love Robin finding another woman (he's always in love with the woman he is with - she'll come back and find him shacked up with Grannie).

I hope Dark Emma gest to bring the snark.

• Love 4
(edited)

At least there's no Evil Cleavage! That's the best thing I can say about the Dark Swan costume right now. The photographic angles looks weird, so maybe it'll look better on-screen.

Making Regina the savior is nothing novel. It's been done since 3B. So, I won't be surprised if A&E end up going that route. But, ugh...

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

And I wonder how they will use love as a weapon and is it against her or is she the one using love as a weapon?

She might be willing to do some morally questionable things in order to save or protect her loved ones. That's my interpretation. Someone may manipulate her into doing what they want under the guise of helping her fulfill her goal. They could pull a Rumple (it may even be him!) and say, "Oh yes - there's a way to remove the darkness. It's an ancient spell that requires you to do x and x and x!" As we saw in 4x08, she'd probably be desperate enough to believe something along those lines.

Kind of think of it, it does feel like a repeat of 4x08 or even 4x19 when Emma lost control because of her feelings for those she cared about.

Can this Dark Emma storyline please be about her relationship with her parents. Can we get Dark Emma snarking about how she grew up? I really would rather have Snowing take the lead in saving Emma. Yes both Snow and David. Just leave Baby Graham in Storybrook with the other fairytale characters no one ever sees anymore.

• Love 1

At least there's no Evil Cleavage! That's the best thing I can say about the Dark Swan costume right now. 

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. I'm not sure what I was expecting -- maybe a touch of feathers along with black leather -- but that outfit isn't it.

It's not like I wasn't expecting Regina to be the new Savior, but it still makes me want to alternately weep and flip tables. As always, they're turning Emma's storyline into really being about Regina.

It would make more sense to make Rumple the new Savior, since that would be a true role reversal in this arc -- the Savior becomes the Dark One, the Dark One becomes the Savior. But even in that case, it robs Emma's family and boyfriend from playing the major roles they SHOULD have.

This show frustrates me so much.

• Love 3
It's not like I wasn't expecting Regina to be the new Savior, but it still makes me want to alternately weep and flip tables. As always, they're turning Emma's storyline into really being about Regina.

Even though I'm expecting it to go that way, if it does happen, I think it might be the final straw for me with this show. It would be proof that they're never going to be interested in telling the stories I want to see, and I'm just wasting time and adding to my frustration levels.

• Love 1

Emma's outfit is consistent with Rumple's Dark One costuming. He is a very flamboyant dresser in Fairytale land but wears understated but elegant black attire in Storybrook. Maybe Emma will break out the red feathers and sparkles if she goes to a magical realm.

When I think Dark Swan I can honestly say I never thought "Oh, Emma is gonna look like one of the Palmer Girls from Robert Palmer's 80s song Addicted to Love. Yes, perfect."

I can't roll my eyes any harder. It's physically impossible.

• Love 1

I like the second photo better and I'm hoping that's some sort of cap to create some extra movement. The jacket looks like it's a wrap around jacket so I wonder if there's some evil cleavage underneath. So yea, I like the costume so far, but don't love it yet. And yes, the article is vomit inducing. Why do they still let Natalie write about this show?

(edited)

I know this is what she has been photographed in, but it doesn't mean that's what she will be wearing.

I mean does anyone remember the Hook promo?  First, they alluded to Hook being in Storybrooke, which he wasn't.  Second, his costume was basically the same one Hook from Peter Pan had on which could not be further from what we got with Once Hook.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this because it's probably something they threw together for the shoot.  I doubt we'll have a better idea next weekend and we'll probably have to wait for filming in Stevetson and BTS from the set stalkers.  Plus Eduardo Castro rarely disappoints and I have a hard time thinking he's satisfied with a bunch of leather, but that's just me.

I like the boots.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. I'm not sure what I was expecting -- maybe a touch of feathers along with black leather -- but that outfit isn't it.

I was expecting more of a "black swan" look myself. I'm used to the flashy, feathery, over-the-top villainesses, probably. The straight-forward leather is closer to Emma. It's just not what I expect from the craziness of Once.

• Love 1

I agree. I think Tyler offered to shoot a couple of pictures because he had basically already done an identical photoshoot with Jennifer before, and they said "sure, why not" and gave him use of a couple of sets.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/spoiler-room-carter-hawaii-five-0-spoilers

Both quotes are from the article.  Natalie Abrams wrote it.

How much will we see Maleficent and Lily on the new season of Once Upon a Time? — Jaimie

Because the focus is on Emma becoming the Dark One — did you see the awesome shots of the Dark Swan? — the hunt for Lily’s father will take a backseat for at least the first five episodes. “We intend to tell that story at some point this season,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “We set it up for a reason. That is one we are definitely intending to do.”

Best news I’ve heard all week: You know when you can’t get a song out of your head? Well, I can’t get the Once Upon a Time theory that King Arthur is Hook’s dad out of my head! It’s probably not true. Probably.

I don't really care about Lily, so the whole quest for her father leaves me all kinds of...I can't give a rat's ass about it.

And I can't get on the Arthur is Hook's father.  They could make it work by using the stuff we know about the Arthurian legend, but this is one speculation I'm just not all that into.  I will be shocked as in fall from my chair, mouth hanging open shocked if it ever happened.

• Love 1

I know this is what she has been photographed in, but it doesn't mean that's what she will be wearing.

I mean does anyone remember the Hook promo?  First, they alluded to Hook being in Storybrooke, which he wasn't.  Second, his costume was basically the same one Hook from Peter Pan had on which could not be further from what we got with Once Hook.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this because it's probably something they threw together for the shoot.  I doubt we'll have a better idea next weekend and we'll probably have to wait for filming in Stevetson and BTS from the set stalkers.  Plus Eduardo Castro rarely disappoints and I have a hard time thinking he's satisfied with a bunch of leather, but that's just me.

I like the boots.  

I'm assuming this is the real look for her or at least a real look for her. Since it's on set, I wouldn't be surprised if these were taken at the end of filming in April and are also part of the preview we get to see at Comic Con. It's not like the Hook promo or the Frozen teaser last year when they whipped something together and didn't have actors picked yet. They have JMo so Eduardo knew who he was working with. That being said, I doubt this is the only Dark Swan outfit. I have a sneaking suspicion she's going to the Evil Queen route. Again, that would mean this isn't a Hook or Elsa situation but rather a character that actually gets a few wardrobe changes.

This made me laugh:

“We intend to tell that story at some point this season,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “We set it up for a reason. That is one we are definitely intending to do.”

As opposed to all the plots they've set up that they never intended to follow through with?

I am less than thrilled with Dark Emma's new look. I was hoping for something a little less modern.

• Love 4
(edited)

God, those pics are terrible and Jennifer looks awful.

I don't know what people was expecting. Of course Regina is going to be the new Savior. She already is. Emma's savior status is just a name since season 2.

And with this idea of using love as a weapon, I guess Snow, Charming and Hook are going to be used against Emma or she is going to use them for her own dark interests.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

This made me laugh:

“We intend to tell that story at some point this season,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “We set it up for a reason. That is one we are definitely intending to do.”

As opposed to all the plots they've set up that they never intended to follow through with?

They've probably said this 4 or 5 times regarding where was Ana, what Will was doing in SB, etc. So we're probably never going to find out who Lily's father is. The lucky thing is, I don't care!

• Love 2

Thinking about love as a weapon... as much as I'd like for Hook or Henry to have the dagger, Regina will probably be the keeper of it since she can protect it with magic. Cue the scene in Regina's vault when Emma convinces her that she'll only use it for good, or perhaps, she takes Robin hostage and Regina's forced to give it over.

I also don't get the quote that Emma is filled with the "lightest light and the darkest dark", what does that make her....AVERAGE, wouldn't those two balance each other out?

I think it's funny that the DO outfits coordinate.  Sparkly Rumple would fit right in with Dark Emma.

• Love 1

So we're probably never going to find out who Lily's father is.

I think it depends entirely on how tied they are to the "Lily is a Regina stand-in." concept.

If they're over that, then we're going to see about as much of Lily as we did of Will Scarlett.  If they're not, well . . . up for approximately 1/3 of the season covering Lily's parental background and ensuing drama?

I like the outfit in concept.

1. It's a variation, the poor man's version, of Rump's costume but without the benefit of the crazy face and body makeup or textural details of his

2. It's a variation of Emma's normal clothes of jeans and leather jacket

3. It's not some fancy ballgown showcasing the evil cleavage-the lowest hanging fruit in my opinion

But it is a bit boring and lacking in creativity. I think the bare bones are there for something to build on. Maybe get rid of the sleeves, add in some color and texture or ornamentation. I do like the trailing fabric in the diner picture. Also I never noticed JMo is super pale before but the starkness of the all black outfit does her no favors. She looks like a dead Snow White.

The accompanying article and spoilers are even more boring than the DO outfit. It's so boring I've got nothing to snark on.

Can this Dark Emma storyline please be about her relationship with her parents. Can we get Dark Emma snarking about how she grew up? I really would rather have Snowing take the lead in saving Emma. Yes both Snow and David. Just leave Baby Graham in Storybrook with the other fairytale characters no one ever sees anymore.

My hope is that Emma turns on Regina and blames her for everything bad that's happen. Basically act like Regina but with justifiable reasons.

• Love 3
(edited)

It's a variation, the poor man's version, of Rump's costume but without the benefit of the crazy face and body makeup

Rumple's costume was a manifestation of his past before becoming the Dark One, so in that respect Emma's is fitting to her character as well. Rumple's had the crocodile skin while Emma has the leather jacket. The look is definitely accurate in the continuity department, but it's still far from jaw-dropping. It is, however, a unique concept within the Once universe.

Edited by KingOfHearts

But this whole costume thing, it's like being between a rock and a hard place.  If there's too much boobage, it will be a whole "ugh, why are they doing this?" type of questions though most of us expect it at some point anyway because that's how the show rolls when it comes to evil women (Cruella didn't get tons of that treatment though).  If they go down the road of the photo shoot, then it's boring because we're expecting something more flamboyant, I guess.

Emma has always been a practical person, so I'm not sure if that will change a whole lot and I don't see her walking around in Storybrooke with her cleavage hanging for all to see.  They can go with the jeggings/leather pants and fuck me boots.  They should probably do something a bit more creative with the tops.

Those pictures are Dominatrix meet Black Knight.  I just decided I don't care about her costume, I just want a good story.  Costume is a bonus, but please, a good coherent story.

• Love 3
(edited)

How much is the Dark One entity influencing the costume change? Because I'm not seeing a real reason as to why Emma would suddenly want to change her wardrobe. Rumple I can understand. He was poor, and his clothing was very basic before he acquired his powers. Why does a foray into villainy/darkness entail a costume change in ONCE? These questions aside, I guess JMo will welcome wearing something different from the typical Emma-style jeans and Tees.

My hope is that Emma turns on Regina and blames her for everything bad that's happen. Basically act like Regina but with justifiable reasons.

That would be something!

...the hunt for Lily’s father will take a backseat for at least the first five episodes.

Maybe the Nevengers won't leave for Camelot until episode 6. I still think either Arthur or Merlin will end up being Lily's dad. 

ETA: Hawk-eyed tumblr fans have identified Emma's location as the DO's cell in the EF

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just decided I don't care about her costume, I just want a good story. Costume is a bonus, but please, a good coherent story.

Yes but the probability of a "good" story with these writers is what a .0001%? Hoping for a good costume is much much more likely and possible. I don't bother hoping for a good story anymore. Just a bit of entertainment will do and good costuming helps in that regard. I think that's why Cruella worked a million times better than Ursula ever did and that was just from pictures alone. And I don't think Hook would have ever worked as well if he had been in modern jeans and leather jacket the entire time.

I don't want the boobage but you can be flamboyant without it. Or at least not boring. I don't think bandit Snow's outfits were boring and she wasn't even evil nor did it come with boobage. There's just this whole fantastical, ridiculous fairy tale aspect that's missing from the outfit.

I'm not sure if that will change a whole lot

Why make her the DO then? It should change a whole lot. Before and after DO Rump was wholly different. We saw glimpses of real Rump peeking through and his motivations stayed true to form but his outward appearance was completely different.

Also didn't JMo say something like she was building up DO Emma in her head to be different and clothes were a part of that. Something like Emma's always picked out simple clothes and now she'll be more ostentatious? Did she get her wires crossed? Or is that her definition of it?

Edited by LizaD
  • Love 2

I wonder what will Emma be obsessed with you know other than leather. Would she obsessed with her parents not leaving her in a tree? Hook not sending her to jail while pregnant? Punching everyone in Storybrooke who pisses her off? Killing the dwarf she hates? Or finding Elsa to make more Frozen puns?

I love the look. She doesn't need sparkly clothes or skin. I think it looks like she's been stripped of her softness. She looks hard and unforgiving and completely unbreakable. I am thinking perhaps without her usual mental filter in place she could finally tell a few people some real home truths...she looks like she could take all of Regina's self indulgent self righteous crap and stuff right back down her throat. Maybe Emma can finally get some payback on Rumple for destroying her childhood ..

what a pity Fuckwire isn't there for a good comeuppance too!

• Love 4
(edited)

It's been a day. And I still can't get the image of Emma doing a lunge on top of Granny's bar out of my head. I really hate them for that.

Tyler Shields posted on IG that more pics would been shown at CC. I'm afraid folks.

Edited by Emma
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't understand why the showrunners would say that there's a twist and specify what that twist is. That's really dumb. Since it wasn't included in the quotes, I speculate the Ms Abrams is making shit up. Then again, I generally hate the Saviour stuff anyway with this show, so I can totally see them doubling down on the idea that they need a new one. That said,  I guarantee you that if they introduce the idea that a new Saviour is needed to beat this thing, it will not be what is actually needed to do so. More likely it'll be Emma who saves herself with her own light shining through and possibly tied to using Lily for something.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3
It's been a day. And I still can't get the image of Emma doing a lunge on top of Granny's bar out of my head. I really hate them for that.

It's not the greatest thing in the world, but I think they might have been trying to do a "swan" pause.  The way the arms are thrown back and her body is leaning forward...

• Love 1

Of course all of this ouat news/spoiler stuff is popping up while I'm busy dog-sitting (at a place with not the best reception, so I've basically been technology free the past week). I'll have a lot of catch-up to do. Not a fan of the bun. I think it looks to severe, but I won't jude the outfit until I see it on screen.

And ugh, of course they'll get to lily's story at SOME point. Just like they did/are doing with Will's.

More likely it'll be Emma who saves herself with her own light shining through and possibly tied to using Lily for something.

Yeah that's what I think will happen but didn't they do this already when Elsa helped her love herself with the magic?