Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I will laugh so hard if Emma is the Dark One for like a week. Seriously, I do think they could show the initial fall out to the dagger scene and then skip ahead several months. A time jump is desperately needed on this show and the only thing that would be screwed up by a jump would be Captain Swan and missing out on their development (Rumpel could easily remain in a coma for months and Outlaw Queen has already hit/skipped the main milestones for a relationship). If Emma is the Dark One and crazy or missing, Captain Swan remains on pause. Have the writers seen Jared recently? It's ridiculous that he's playing a twelve year old. They need to jump a couple of years. 

• Love 1

I think the premiere would start with the fall out of the dagger scene (the usual: Regina's reaction, Regina's pain, Regina telling Henry, Regina, Regina, Regina) and then, immediately, a time jump of a few months.

I will laugh so hard if Emma is the Dark One for like a week. Seriously, I do think they could show the initial fall out to the dagger scene and then skip ahead several months. A time jump is desperately needed on this show and the only thing that would be screwed up by a jump would be Captain Swan and missing out on their development (Rumpel could easily remain in a coma for months and Outlaw Queen has already hit/skipped the main milestones for a relationship). If Emma is the Dark One and crazy or missing, Captain Swan remains on pause. Have the writers seen Jared recently? It's ridiculous that he's playing a twelve year old. They need to jump a couple of years. 

I think it's entirely possible that they do it that way.  Have the immediate fallout, tell Henry what just happened and then do the time jump after the first commercial and I hope they do it that way.  It's the emotional fall out of this that I don't wanna miss out on personally.    

I haven't re-watched 4B yet, but the initial time jump should be more than 6 weeks if anything.  Rumple finds Ursula after 6 weeks and then he is shacking up with her and misrepresenting himself to Belle after the 6 week time jump, but Hook during his "I've had it" moment says they've been searching for a way to release the fairies for 6 weeks when it should actually be longer than that.

They're not even good at time jumping their own time jumps.

Have the immediate fallout, tell Henry what just happened and then do the time jump after the first commercial and I hope they do it that way.

Oh, that's cute. You think these writers are actually interested in seeing Henry's reaction to Emma becoming the Dark One? ;) This isn't Regina we're talking about. It's Emma. We'll probably just see Henry kind of moping in the background after a time jump and never get his thoughts on the whole ordeal.

I'm actually glad they're picking up right after the dagger scene because I desperately need some kind of immediate reaction from the Charmings and Hook. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do a bigger time jump by the end of the episode or by the second episode.

• Love 1
Oh, that's cute.

I know, right?  With this show, we live on hope because hope is a powerful thing ;)

I'm actually glad they're picking up right after the dagger scene because I desperately need some kind of immediate reaction from the Charmings and Hook. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do a bigger time jump by the end of the episode or by the second episode.

If that happens, it likely means that we won't get to see Emma until the end of the show.  And I'm really not adverse to it.  They've built some drama, can they at least milk it a bit before they get bored?  I think the small synopsis we got a few weeks ago about everyone coming to grips with what just went down is what 5x01 will be about.  I wouldn't be surprised if the title is "Aftermath" or "After Shock" something like that.

Emma could be in the first episode in two ways, even if she shows up in Storybrooke at the very end, which basically goes back to Square 1 with delaying the initial reactions and interactions of her loved ones with Dark Emma.  

If there is a big time jump, she could appear in the flashbacks.  If this were the case, they would probably have her in Camelot in the missing time interacting with Arthur, Genevieve, etc.  

They could also use the first episode to show Emma finding her way back to Storybrooke.  If they show her appearing in Camelot immediately after the dagger drop scene, and then within that single episode, she meets Genevieve or whoever, someone who encourages her to go back to Storybrooke because family matters or whatever.  Meanwhile, in Storybrooke, the characters will go and ask the help of Gold (who else), for how to bring back Emma.  We'll get the introduction of some brand new magical object which will figure in both parallel storylines.  This way, we'll also delay Dark Emma interacting with the people in Storybrooke until Episode 2.

I can't believe Mark Isham hasn't learned yet! He's a bit absent-minded about those things, isn't he?

I hope he never does. Yay for more spoilers! (As long as he doesn't get fired or seriously reprimanded.)

According to Mark Isham's Instagram, the first ep is titled "The Dark Swan."

Thanks, Mark!

And I hate to get all excited over this show because I know it will inevitably let me down big time at some point again in the future, but I'm cautiously optimistic about Season 5. Just the title "The Dark Swan" sounds like a really eerie, but beautiful fairy tale story that could be really interesting to see unfold in real time on TV. Unfortunately, we have the stupid Regina/Robin/Zelena/baby plot line floating around that will bring down a good portion of next season. 

At least 5A will be similar to 4A in the sense our recurring guest stars will include heroes.  This time, we substitute Elsa, Anna and Kristoff with Arthur, Lancelot and Genevieve.  

• Love 1

At least 5A will be similar to 4A in the sense our recurring guest stars will include heroes.  This time, we substitute Elsa, Anna and Kristoff with Arthur, Lancelot and Genevieve.  

I'm pretty sure that in a oh-so-original twist, Arthur's gonna be a jerk. That's what the casting call made it sound like. 

(edited)

It's kind of weird that I know King Arthur as a terrorist from "24."

And, yes, he does rather look like Colin.

Edited by Souris

I'm pretty sure that in a oh-so-original twist, Arthur's gonna be a jerk. That's what the casting call made it sound like. 

Yeah, "flawed hero" has more potential for drama.  I'm guessing he will be "redeemed" by the end of the arc after he learns his lesson.  Or something.

#CrackTheory time: King Arthur is actually Hook's father, and he ditched little Killian long ago to find the Holy Grail that contained the last drops of water from the fountain of youth, and he's been the same age ever since ruling over Camelot.

Yep. It's definitely summer hiatus.

• Love 6

How about this? Arthur is a jerk because Snow White's mom tripped him as a child.

And then he became even more of a jerk when no one ate his pie. 

• Love 6

Is it wrong that my first thought was that Arthur is pretty? At least they didn't screw that up for us.

And I'm totally down with the Arthur is Hook's dad theory. Hell, he could even be the king that Liam referred to who betrayed them. I know it sounds a little iffy, but Prince Charles refers to his mother as the Queen in public. It would be possible to have the boys do the same thing with their father, right? Because seriously, that needs to happen....or I just need to write fanfic about it. Ohhhhh....I love this whole thing!

• Love 1
Oh snap, Arthur is totes related to Killian. (Probably not, but they do look alike.)

That was my initial reaction, too. If Arthur is in Storybrooke and wears a black leather jacket, we might not be able to tell them apart in long shots, unless this guy is significantly taller/shorter or broader (it would be difficult for him to be slighter).

I am not complaining at all because this is my preferred physical type, so the more dark haired, blue eyed men, the merrier!

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh snap, Arthur is totes related to Killian. (Probably not, but they do look alike.)

I don't see any resemblance between them. Yeah, both are dark haired and have light eyes, but that's it. But anyway, even if they had chosen Colin's real father to play King Arthur, I will still doubt that he was going to be related to Hook. I don't understand why people keeps waiting for some Hook's backstory. At this point, it's pretty obvious that A&E aren't interested.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I'm more interested in Merlin, now that there's a power void where Rump used to be. When you have the most powerful being Sorcerer/Merlin and Emma now souped up on the DO's magic in addition to her own, everything and everyone else is going to look like child's play. That's probably going to end up to be a big problem with any plot they come up with now though. I guess they can give Arthur and the rest of the Camelot crew some strong magic too.

Is Blair Underwood still on Shield? He'd be a good Merlin and a reasonable get for them compared to Idris Elba.

Josh Dallas posted about reading the season 5 premiere. He says "wow", and I only mention it because I don't think he's ever made a similar comment on a script before. I would like to hear Jen's opinion though, because usually her favourite episodes are also mine.

• Love 6

Your favourite television reporter, Natalie Abrams, is saying that there's OUAT scoop on the new issue of EW (with Wonder Woman on the cover). Is anyone able to take a look?

We're going to try this out, folks. This will give you more latitude in your discussion in here, while providing folks who only want to read the Spoilers that opportunity.

Starting at this point, Spoilers themselves should be posted in the new SPOILERS ONLY: OUAT topic. Any discussion that occurs there will be automatically deleted. Then you can come here to have your discussion on the spoiler. Quoting the posts from over there is fine here. Spoiler tags are not necessary in either spot. This means we will be able to let you carry on more of the speculation discussion here going forward.

If you have questions, please feel free to PM one of us; that's the preferred way to bring concerns and issues to us, so we don't derail the conversation in topic.

Carry on!

1xxoCRF.jpg

PS: Google 'Pirate Kitty' or 'Kitty Hook' - that's how I'm findin' em!

• Love 7

Talk about over-reaction.  It's not like the title was anything groundbreaking.  I hope the composer didn't get into too much trouble.  Adam can always release one of his patented script peeks later in the summer.

• Love 1
(edited)

That whole promo with Emma and the Villains/Queens of Darkness was misleading as hell.  

Try rewatching it after 4B, and it's almost funny:

"There are three ways to corrupt a hero, three ways to tarnish a saviour..."

For once I guess I'm glad that all three were not Parental Abandonment. Now it's more like 1. Parental abandonment, 2. Red eyeliner on white foundation, and 3. Magic.

Edited by Faemonic
(edited)

I HATE those pictures. Tyler Shields, really? Sorry, I think his photography is garbage. I know he's friends with Jennifer, but can't they get the S2 photographer back?

I have all the questions:

1. she's evil, but no cleavage? She can't be that bad
  2. does the DO curve stage a fashion intervention? Is that why she's dressed like that?
  3. is that bed in the first pic in Camelot?
Edited by Serena
  • Love 2
(edited)

Is the bun a homage to Natalie Portman's Black Swan ballerina look? She even have the cheekbones.

ETA: Are people just going to ignore Jennifer saying Emma sacrificed her life for the town or nah?

Edited by mjgchick