Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Or maybe she was just offering her opinion as a fan of the show? And that people are still allowed to comment on past HWs? The awards she has won + her constant filming schedule indicate she’s already established herself as what she already is: a hard working, respected, award -winng actress.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Or maybe she was just offering her opinion as a fan of the show? And that people are still allowed to comment on past HWs? The awards she has won + her constant filming schedule indicate she’s already established herself as what she already is: a hard working, respected, award -winng actress.

I agree with everything you said, 100%. And I sometimes see posts about former HWs that have been gone so long, I completely forgot they were HWs. There is still plenty of discussion about Bethenny in the RHONY forum, and she’s not even going to be affiliated with Bravo anymore, like LVP will be.

I’m not clear on how saying “she wasn’t nice to me when we met, I won’t miss her on the show” constitutes a declaration of war, either. At any rate, she knew there would be backlash and had no problem taking the heat, so good for her.

• Love 8

Regardless of how fabulous Sarah Paulson may or may not be (I've never heard of her before these posts, and I don't live under a rock) it still seems quite specious to me that the first post I see about/from her on this board is a slam of LVP, Certainly someone of her vaunted credentials might be expected to take the high road? However, no matter to me since I am among those who have decided not to watch this crapfest any longer - no matter how utterly fabulous the new HW wannabes seem to be...and as I stated on the thread regarding 'no longer viewing', my abandonment of this series is not solely due to the departure of LVP, that was simply the prophetic straw that broke the camel's back, but also my LONG TIME disgust with everything glorifying any and all that has to do with the bitchard sisters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

35 minutes ago, link417 said:

I agree with everything you said, 100%. And I sometimes see posts about former HWs that have been gone so long, I completely forgot they were HWs. There is still plenty of discussion about Bethenny in the RHONY forum, and she’s not even going to be affiliated with Bravo anymore, like LVP will be.

I’m not clear on how saying “she wasn’t nice to me when we met, I won’t miss her on the show” constitutes a declaration of war, either. At any rate, she knew there would be backlash and had no problem taking the heat, so good for her.

I suppose it would be taking the high road to have not said anything negative even if Lisa wasn't nice to her, but Lisa isn't the most restrained woman herself. 

I respect Sarah's acting career very much, but I admit I don't know much about her personality either. There are unfortunately some actors AND reality stars who expect everyone to recognize them and fawn over them. Heck, I've experienced meeting someone, saying hi, nice to meet you, and then being told said individual thought I didn't like them. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Regardless of how fabulous Sarah Paulson may or may not be (I've never heard of her before these posts, and I don't live under a rock) it still seems quite specious to me that the first post I see about/from her on this board is a slam of LVP, Certainly someone of her vaunted credentials might be expected to take the high road? However, no matter to me since I am among those who have decided not to watch this crapfest any longer - no matter how utterly fabulous the new HW wannabes seem to be...and as I stated on the thread regarding 'no longer viewing', my abandonment of this series is not solely due to the departure of LVP, that was simply the prophetic straw that broke the camel's back, but also my LONG TIME disgust with everything glorifying any and all that has to do with the bitchard sisters.

1000 times this.

The word on the street (TM Aviva) is that this season is a massive fail and as boring as Sarah Paulson. I won’t tell you I told you so. I will just enjoy it as the haters make excuses.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

it still seems quite specious to me that the first post I see about/from her on this board is a slam of LVP

Well, that's the first post somebody chose to post of that celebrity commenting on a RH, so...

Certainly someone of her vaunted credentials might be expected to take the high road?

I'm not sure how saying "She wasn't nice to me" is somehow equated to not taking the high road...it isn't like she said LVP had bad breath or anything.

The word on the street

The word on the street is that the word on the street is an anonymous British lady in her early 60s, was wearing pink, and clutching a little furry accessory of a dog...

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I think there are good brands that are both cheap and expensive. Drug store and high end. Everyone’s skin is different. For instance. You can buy fancy mascara, but most make up artists swear by Mabelline. It’s mostly finding things that work with your skin type (oily, dry or sensitive) and color. 

You're right about the low and high end, but in general, the only folks with better profit margins than cosmetics/skincare conglomerates, are drug dealers.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, link417 said:

I think Ms. Paulson was angling for publicity because of two choices she made:

1. The comment about "hoping there wasn't a backlash" from the LVP army. 

I think BECAUSE she said that, she wanted one. 

2.  She took a lie detector test, during the interview with Vanity Fair. 

Because you have to make arrangements to take a lie detector test.  So some of this was planned out before the interview happened.  And why would you plan something like that UNLESS you were looking for attention/publicity. 

I watched Glass last weekend, so I finally actually saw something Sarah was in!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 10/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, Happy Camper said:

OH WAIT THERE'S MORE!

RHBH cameras filming the launch of Rinna's daughter' clothing line! All the cast was there to join in the fun!!!

How can we possibly wait to see this?

https://www.inquisitr.com/5706294/rhobh-cast-lisa-rinna-daughters-clothing/

Also interesting to note that Denise Richards has been MIA from filming. Hmmm. I thought getting paid for no work was frowned upon.

ENOUGH of these kids clothing lines!  It is getting to the point that if you watch one RH location you don't need to see any others.  SAME FUCKING STORY LINES!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, dosodog said:

Because you have to make arrangements to take a lie detector test.  So some of this was planned out before the interview happened.  And why would you plan something like that UNLESS you were looking for attention/publicity. 

Well, the interview with Vanity Fair  would be the literal attempt at attention and publicity. 

On all the other points, we can agree to disagree.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I know in our bubble we think Lisa is a super stah!, but she's a dlist celebrity, stuck in her Dynasty fantasy. Paulson actually has talent and an audience beyond Bravo.

So maybe she should stick with that if she is such hot shit.

Why does she need to stick her beak into Bravos bowl?

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

So maybe she should stick with that if she is such hot shit.

Why does she need to stick her peak into Bravos bowl?

Because it's pop culture, it's camp and it's fun. For the same reason most people on this board do.

• Love 9

stuck in her Dynasty fantasy

Hey, you leave Dynasty alone! 😉

Well, the interview with Vanity Fair  would be the literal attempt at attention and publicity. 

Technically, one could say anytime a celebrity gives an interview to anyone, it's an attempt at attention and publicity...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Technically, one could say anytime a celebrity gives an interview to anyone, it's an attempt at attention and publicity...

Thank you! That was exactly the point I was trying to make. 😉

• Love 3
16 hours ago, link417 said:

On all the other points, we can agree to disagree.

I'm not really sure what we're agreeing  to disagree on?  

On 10/26/2019 at 9:28 AM, dosodog said:

17 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm not really sure what we're agreeing  to disagree on?  

Pretty much the whole post: That Sarah was hoping for backlash from LVP’s fans and that she planned the lie detector test. In my opinion, she knew a backlash was likely but didn’t care.

Vanity Fair referred to the test as “Vanity Fair’s famous lie detector test,” so I’m sure it was arranged by VF, not Sarah — Sarah just agreed to the premise put forth by VF for the interview.

Sarah was certainly seeking attention/publicity in general because she’s interviewing with a major magazine — the only time people do that is for attention/publicity.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

If obscurity means constantly working with A-list actors, directors, and producers, while winning major acting awards while also attending top Oscar, Emmy, GG, BAFTA, and SAG award parties, then shit sign me up for that level of obscurity! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, link417 said:

Pretty much the whole post: That Sarah was hoping for backlash from LVP’s fans and that she planned the lie detector test. In my opinion, she knew a backlash was likely but didn’t care.

Vanity Fair referred to the test as “Vanity Fair’s famous lie detector test,” so I’m sure it was arranged by VF, not Sarah — Sarah just agreed to the premise put forth by VF for the interview.

Sarah was certainly seeking attention/publicity in general because she’s interviewing with a major magazine — the only time people do that is for attention/publicity.

Ah.  I dont read Vanity Fair so I'm unaware that they do a lie detector test for part of the interviews.  I thought she was playing off of LVP's lie detector test.

So that's why, coupled with the comment about backlash, I thought she came up with the idea, not the magazine.

• Love 1

Race and ‘The Real Housewives’

Bravo’s shows offer a wealth of diversity, but its crown jewel has often been divided on racial lines.

“The sun always shines on Beverly Hills, but not on everyone,” Camille Grammer says in the opening line of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” which premiered on Bravo in 2010. For the majority of its first nine seasons, the reality show shined its light on a certain type of woman: rich, opinionated and white.

Outside of one Latina cast member — Joyce Giraud, who appeared on one season of the show, in 2013 — the franchise has featured a racially homogeneous cast throughout its run.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/style/bravo-real-housewives-race.html?action=click&module=Editors Picks&pgtype=Homepage

• Love 3
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I bet Kyle ostracizes and “other” Garcelle the way she did to Joyce. In all the years of Beverly Hills has Kyle ever have a friend who was not white?

Except maybe her maid.

I’ve read this so many times on this forum and don’t remember it that way.

Joyce might be friends with LVP and not close to Kyle now, but IRC, Kyle was one of the few who was kind to Joyce from day one. When Brandi was bullying her and making racial comments, LVP laughed right along. Kyle looked horrified by what Brandi said. Yolanda was very rude to Joyce, saying she couldn’t imagine being married to her. Kim was okay but kind of off in Kimland. Carlton also wasn’t particularly warm to Joyce. I think she girl crushed too hard on Brandi to like Joyce, who made Brandi incredibly envious by her mere existence. 

We haven’t seen many of these women’s friends. People say LVP must not have female friends of any color because she is never seen filming with them. I don’t think that’s fair either. I’m sure they all have friends who have no desire to be on the show. Kyle hasn’t ever said anything racist. Her first husband was also foreign (Indonesian, Arab, & Dutch), and despite his European heritage, Mauricio calls himself a MexiJew and very proud to be second generation Mexican. If she had some white is right, All-American prejudice, she probably wouldn’t have married either man. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

We haven’t seen many of these women’s friends. People say LVP must not have female friends of any color because she is never seen filming with them. I don’t think that’s fair either. I’m sure they all have friends who have no desire to be on the show. Kyle hasn’t ever said anything racist. Her first husband was also foreign (Indonesian, Arab, & Dutch), and despite his European heritage, Mauricio calls himself a MexiJew and very proud to be second generation Mexican. If she had some white is right, All-American prejudice, she probably wouldn’t have married either man. 

LVP’s closest business relationship is with the co-owner of Sur Guillermo Zapata who is often seen on Vanderpump Rules. Joyce is well know to be very close with LVP and is seen socializing with her all the time. Kyle not so much.

I do agree that Kyle only sees one color in terms of marriage. Green.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

LVP’s closest business relationship is with the co-owner of Sur Guillermo Zapata who is often seen on Vanderpump Rules. Joyce is well know to be very close with LVP and is seen socializing with her all the time. Kyle not so much.

I don’t watch VR, but I googled the name. I don’t think any of these women would have problems doing business with someone who’s from South America. I do know that Joyce and LVP became close. 

Kyle’s first husband had money, but I don’t think Mauricio had much back then. Apparently Kyle was the first to not go by Big Kathy’s expectations to marry rich.

• Love 3

I don’t think any of these women would have problems doing business with someone who’s from South America.

Apparently, being married to someone who is from South America isn't as good as doing business with someone from there...

Kyle was one of the few who was kind to Joyce from day one. When Brandi was bullying her and making racial comments, LVP laughed right along. Kyle looked horrified by what Brandi said. Yolanda was very rude to Joyce, saying she couldn’t imagine being married to her. Kim was okay but kind off in Kimland. Carlton also wasn’t particularly warm to Joyce. I think she girl crushed too hard on Brandi to like Joyce, who made Brandi incredibly envious by her mere existence. 

Yup.

If she had some white is right, All-American prejudice, she probably wouldn’t have married either man. 

Yup again.

Kyle might be many things, but racist? Yeah, nothing we have seen so far to indicate that.

From the article that suomi linked above...make what you will of it...

One such spinoff is “Vanderpump Rules,” which is set in a restaurant owned by Lisa Vanderpump, formerly of “Beverly Hills.” In 2015, there was an attempt at diversifying the cast with the hiring of Faith Stowers, a black woman. According to Ms. Stowers, this can be traced directly to Ms. Vanderpump, an executive producer of the show, who hired her to work at the restaurant in 2015.

“When I first got there, Lisa did have a sit-down with me and her publicist,” Ms. Stowers said. “They just told me straight-up, ‘We don’t have a lot of color on this show, and you would make a good asset to that.’”

In Ms. Stowers’s view, her casting was less about diversifying the show and more about Ms. Vanderpump’s public image as an equal opportunity employer. “I kind of knew going into it that I would be filling in for the spot of, like, showing that she hired people of color.”

But things didn’t work out all that well for Ms. Stowers, who appeared on just one season of the show. Of her experience, Ms. Stowers said, “I definitely felt like I was being treated differently from everybody else.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Apparently, being married to someone who is from South America isn't as good as doing business with someone from there...

Yup.

Yup again.

Kyle might be many things, but racist? Yeah, nothing we have seen so far to indicate that.

From the article that suomi linked above...make what you will of it...

LOL my thoughts exactly. I guess Kyle needs close business relationships on TV with Arabs and Mexicans, or else she must be racist. Marrying them doesn't suffice. 

I'm not sure why such high standards are set for Kyle specifically. 

Very interesting article, thank you.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Her good friend Mohammed is also not white.

Bravo is the entity that is guilty of keeping their casts segregated to a large degree, not the cast.  I don't think any of us know enough about the casts' actual personal lives and thoughts to know what their views are on race.  Except Brandi who made fun of Joyce in a racist way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, izabella said:

Her good friend Mohammed is also not white.

Bravo is the entity that is guilty of keeping their casts segregated to a large degree, not the cast.  I don't think any of us know enough about the casts' actual personal lives and thoughts to know what their views are on race.  Except Brandi who made fun of Joyce in a racist way.

I think if Kyle were besties with Mohamed, she’d get crap for that too tbh. She’s constantly judged for her friendship with Faye. If it’s Lisa, oh great she’s got a friend of color. 

I agree that the lack of diversity is Bravo’s bad. I don’t think any of them have said or done anything racist other than Brandi either. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think if Kyle were besties with Mohamed, she’d get crap for that too tbh. She’s constantly judged for her friendship with Faye. If it’s Lisa, oh great she’s got a friend of color. 

I agree that the lack of diversity is Bravo’s bad. I don’t think any of them have said or done anything racist other than Brandi either. 

Its Faye Resnik.  Morally corrupt Faye Resnik.  Faye Resnik who I could never be friends with because I'd always be giving her side eye about if she's going to write a book about the deepest part of our friendship if something horrible happens to me.

I think there is some judgement, but mainly its having Faye on when most viewers dont want to see her.

Shes the Ryan from OC on BH.

• Love 9

I'm sure all of the HWs, past and present, have shitty friends. Having Faye as a friend doesn't make Kyle a racist though, which is what the original post was referring to. It just means Kyle has some shitty friends.

• Love 3

I agree that the lack of diversity is Bravo’s bad

It definitely is Bravo. Why have any people of Persian heritage on BH or OC when you can just build a separate show around them? Say what you will, but in terms of a more diverse cast, the Real Housewives of Cheshire puts all of it's US counterparts to shame.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I'm sure all of the HWs, past and present, have shitty friends. Having Faye as a friend doesn't make Kyle a racist though, which is what the original post was referring to. It just means Kyle has some shitty friends.

This. Trust me, I don't like Faye and wouldn't be friends with her either. 

1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

It definitely is Bravo. Why have any people of Persian heritage on BH or OC when you can just build a separate show around them? Say what you will, but in terms of a more diverse cast, the Real Housewives of Cheshire puts all of it's US counterparts to shame.

Hopefully Garcelle is great and won't be a one-season wonder like Joyce. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Except the post refers to race, using Faye Resnik as an example, as being a factor for the criticism Kyle receives about who she is friends with.

I'm merely pointing out that there is a whole lot of reasons to dislike Faye.  Race not being the reason for most viewers.

Just wanted to make that clear. I'm officially out of this discussion.   Carry on and have a great time!

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Except I was referring to this post, the one which got the discussion rolling.

I bet Kyle ostracizes and “other” Garcelle the way she did to Joyce. In all the years of Beverly Hills has Kyle ever have a friend who was not white?

Except maybe her maid.

I was merely pointing out that while there may be a whole lot of reasons to dislike Kyle, her being racist isn't one of them as we have yet to see her display any racist activity.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Except I was referring to this post, the one which got the discussion rolling.

I was merely pointing out that while there may be a whole lot of reasons to dislike Kyle, her being racist isn't one of them as we have yet to see her display any racist activity.

Exactly. It’s not fair to expect Kyle to have a diverse group of QUALITY girlfriends willing to appear on the show, when the same is not expected of the others. 

• Love 2

Kris was sporting some puppy fat but looks remarkably the same. Her surgeon has a light touch.

Kyle, OTOH, had a big ol' beak at one time. I think she looks really, really different today. 

Faye has always been a looker, too bad she's so ugly on the inside.

She is a dead ringer for my best best best friend who, I found out just a few years ago, was steadily fucking my husband for quite some time. (She moved on when he wouldn't leave me for her). We talked to and/or saw each other 7 days a week, we raised our kids together, they were like siblings. So, there's that.

All together now, "Fuck off, Londa!"

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 6

Kris looks like Kim K before Kim got all the plastic surgery. And neither of them now look like Kim before the surgery 😉

Kris looks like she got her nose and teeth done.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1