Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

A satanic chihuahua.  The peasants sewing these in other countries must think we're totally insane.

Satanic chihuahua being birthed. I'm not one to have a gutter mind, but that looks like a chihuahua coming out of lady parts. With snakes around it.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I want these vagina chihuahua leggings.

They're apparently high in demand.

I do like their leggings for yoga and lounging. They're not see through and don't stretch out of shape. I'd never do anything sweaty in them because they're 100%  poly/spandex (zero cotton or anything wicking).

I don't mind some of the wild prints, but those Lady Bit Chihuahuas are too much. Too much.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

From what I can tell, they have a lot of patterns like that.  Also a lot with pseudo-penises.  Freud would have a field day.

Considering the company was founded by an active LDS family, and is huge on the Modest is Hottest church circuit, all the pseudo genitalia is quite interesting. The whole LLR style started as a "modest can be trendy and comfy, support SAHMs and be in the cool kids club with your big baggy wild prints".

• Love 2
23 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Seriously???   Those are ugly as shit!   I wouldn't ever wear those no matter how comfy they were.

I was going to say the same thing!! OMG, who would wear those?  The eyes remind me of portraits that seem to be watching you.  I have a mutt that is part Chihuahua and I think he would be insulted if he saw anyone wearing those pants. :)

• Love 5

On another anonymous forum I'm on, one poster lost weight and another poster gave her several LLR links for comfy clothes.  I didn't see Meri's link, but, the first poster talked about how cute and comfortable the clothes are.  

lularoe-os-blue-yellow-whale-leggings-onLOL   whales

This next one gives me flashbacks to my mom as a high school teacher in the 70's, complete with apron? It def has a bit of that hippie commune look.

A46263DE-3AE7-4FF0-BC7E-0057E90D8EB2.JPG

Oh no another one to add to my Night of the Lularoe Zombies collection, below

45eca8258c7b5043f28c22063f893138.jpg

and some of them have that 'what-toddlers-wear-to-preschool-when-they-just-graduated-to-no-more-pull-ups' kind of vibe....  I guess that is enough lula-shaming for now

lularoeleggings.jpg?w=597&h=595

5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The woman in the top photo needs a bra and a scoliosis exam. 

She just needs to stand up like an adult instead of a child. God that color mustard. OK I would wear those leggings that are paired with the stripped shirt when I am on the river. Otherwise, damn.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, BlackWidow said:

lularoe-os-blue-yellow-whale-leggings-onLOL   whales

This next one gives me flashbacks to my mom as a high school teacher in the 70's, complete with apron? It def has a bit of that hippie commune look.

A46263DE-3AE7-4FF0-BC7E-0057E90D8EB2.JPG

Oh no another one to add to my Night of the Lularoe Zombies collection, below

45eca8258c7b5043f28c22063f893138.jpg

and some of them have that 'what-toddlers-wear-to-preschool-when-they-just-graduated-to-no-more-pull-ups' kind of vibe....  I guess that is enough lula-shaming for now

lularoeleggings.jpg?w=597&h=595

Lordy, lordy.  Not trying to fat shame anyone, because I have no room to talk, BUT you have to be stick thin to wear those whale pants.  Wearing whales on your butt if you have some extra weight is just asking for trouble.  And horizontal whales at that.  

Anyone over the age of 18 should not be wearing any of this.  This stuff is just the worst.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

She just needs to stand up like an adult instead of a child. God that color mustard. OK I would wear those leggings that are paired with the stripped shirt when I am on the river. Otherwise, damn.

But the whole 'I'm-a-serious-adult'  doesn't go with the bent ankle 'aww-I-don't-know-how-to-match-my-clothes-cause-I'm-5-aren't-I-silly-and-cute?' thing.  On the other hand, the company could use that angle to market to people 'into that'.  They  could 'age-play' all the way from toddlerhood to dementia.

And now, a production of 'flowers in the attic' put on by your school and theater, clothes by  LR

11334462_1417587521897137_751952805_n.jp

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BlackWidow said:

But the whole 'I'm-a-serious-adult'  doesn't go with the bent ankle 'aww-I-don't-know-how-to-match-my-clothes-cause-I'm-5-aren't-I-silly-and-cute?' thing.  On the other hand, the company could use that angle to market to people 'into that'.  They  could 'age-play' all the way from toddlerhood to dementia.

And now, a production of 'flowers in the attic' put on by your school and theater, clothes by  LR

11334462_1417587521897137_751952805_n.jp

Those little kids with leggings under dresses look like the sad little Duggar girls.  Except the the Lost Duggar girls would be drinking from plastic cups, not china.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, toodles said:

Those little kids with leggings under dresses look like the sad little Duggar girls.  Except the the Lost Duggar girls would be drinking from plastic cups, not china.

But isn't that what adult women want?  To loon like kids in body with a fully made up face????

• Love 1
On 2/7/2017 at 10:13 PM, Meowwww said:

But isn't that what adult women want?  To loon like kids in body with a fully made up face????

you know it's bad when the compound plygs are starting to look less silly in comparison. At least their clothes match...

enhanced-buzz-17951-1362515488-3.jpg

Lulas:

LuLaRoe_summer2016__102.jpg

91a4d90ae30407dde31bdeb1ad8de599.jpg

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Geez, it looks like all of these women reached into a closet blindfolded.  No one of my acquaintance would leave the house looking like that.

Bold, patterned pieces are fine (and even fashionable) but LLR ruins it. The one on the right is a complete disaster: The shoes, tights and skirt look like London street fashion, the plaid shirt is straight off the farm and the hat is Britney Spears. 

Edit: Don't even know where to go with the one on the left. What's with the bird. It's like bird-loving secretary on top and everything else was in the laundry on the bottom.

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 2

Ok I'd wear the outfit with the Bird sweater.

why do these clothes look so clingy and like they show every single limp and line, yet they're geared toward Modest Mormon Moms and plus sized women? The pink dress could be cute without the knot and different shoes, but you can see every line in this girls stomach. It looks like ab muscle lumps. Not cute. 

• Love 2

I just want to know WTF with all those knots. 

Probably pulls the fabric out of shape and also it didn't appear flattering. Meri's done it and it looks horrible. 

These all look thrift shop worthy to me, but mostly I wear jeans and solids so what do I know from fashion.

• Love 4

I have to say, the sheer amount of weird prints is something else. Another poster caught on to the whale pants thing. I also saw elephant pants. Not doing that, even if didn't need to lose 10 lbs. The  psychedelic Chihuahua print someone posted earlier was hilarious. People seriously are competing to try and get that? LOL And just for extra silliness, there's these...

640567b7e6a4e48f079c1fc9abb5305f.jpglularoe-os-leggings-fish-dk-teal-dark-bl

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Combine those two abominations for a fishing theme?  Gah....if I saw either of these on a human body I would have to laugh in the wearer's face.  Just........no.

Think of the potential for a crossover show.  SisterWives/Lularoe (where they pretend to be happy, successful people) meets Alaskan Bush People (where they pretend to fish).

• Love 2

There are a few pieces I can see selling on the street in the village in NYC.  A few. Aside from the obvious the fabric is flimsy. It sticks to the layer underneath which is already plastered against every body flaw.  

Then I see pants  appropriate for a Carribean Cruise that would be purchased from a cart on Turks and Caicos. 

Someone said, hey I know what! I am going to design an under water motif fabric in brown!   A company bought it and manufactured a dress.  A wholesaler bought a bunch for a pyramid scheme and Meri said, cool! I am going to sell this out of my dinning room in the desert!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Someone said, hey I know what! I am going to design an under water motif fabric in brown!   A company bought bought it and manufactured a dress.  A wholesaler bought a bunch for a pyramid scheme and Meri said, cool! I am going to sell this out of my dinning room in the dessert!  

So, if I buy that, do I get my choice of dessert? I'd like two scoops of salted caramel ice cream and a chocolate brownie, please. :D

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
Just now, MrSmith said:

So, if I buy that, do I get my choice of dessert? I'd like two scoops of salted caramel ice cream and a chocolate brownie, please. :D

Ha. I caught that and corrected it just as you were quoting me. I live in a desert!

• Love 3

I really believe that one big reason for its popularity is the outrageous vanity sizing. Meri frequently states she wears a SMALL in several of the items where the sizing goes from XS to 3XL. 

So let's have a few more pieces of pie since we are now a Small!! 

• Love 4
On 2/8/2017 at 10:52 PM, BlackWidow said:

you know it's bad when the compound plygs are starting to look less silly in comparison. At least their clothes match...

enhanced-buzz-17951-1362515488-3.jpg

Lulas:

LuLaRoe_summer2016__102.jpg

91a4d90ae30407dde31bdeb1ad8de599.jpg

I don't have to work this weekend and have long hair.  I am SOOOO trying one of those hairdos from the 1st pic for giggles and to scare Mr. Natalie.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I guess I am showing my old age... I rather like the colorful clothes, minus the chihuahua vagina, knots and lace vests.  

I think people tend to dress kind of boring. 

Nah. I'm all for some color. I just think LLR is really expensive for baggy, yet clingy oversized tshirts. Some of the patterns are past colorful and Way Out There, though. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I guess I am showing my old age... I rather like the colorful clothes, minus the chihuahua vagina, knots and lace vests.  

I think people tend to dress kind of boring. 

Blame the 80s. Third photo down. Florals are EVERYWHERE, not just LuLaRoe (lol at "Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking").

http://www.whowhatwear.co.uk/spring-summer-2017-fashion-trends/slide3

I always try to keep up-to-date each season, but the florals look awful even on the models--unless they're demonstrating camoflage in a flower garden. Saying NO to florals in 2017.

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 4