Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

On December 17, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Kohola3 said:

Good grief, couldn't he have at least combed his hair?  I guess his outfit fits into the plethora of wedding colors - maroon, silver, teal and yellow with red, white, and silver flowers.  Quite the color scheme.

bethany-paige.jpg

Not to be too negative, but I think gray and red / maroon is probably one of the worst color combos. Always looks so ugly to me. :( sorry

9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Not to be too negative, but I think gray and red / maroon is probably one of the worst color combos. Always looks so ugly to me. :( sorry

What gets me is the unflattering cut of the trousers. I see guys wearing this cut lately, it's like a guys skinny cut. But if only looks good on really skinny guys and even then that's pushing it 

• Love 3

Yes, but silver and maroon where some of their umpteen "wedding colors".  Just fitting into the "theme", I guess.  Ugh.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, Kohola3 said:

Good grief, couldn't he have at least combed his hair?  I guess his outfit fits into the plethora of wedding colors - maroon, silver, teal and yellow with red, white, and silver flowers.  Quite the color scheme.

bethany-paige.jpg

And yet he decided to clean up for his friend's wedding....    Is there a reason his friend's wedding required him looking nicer than his own?  smh

• Love 2

I can't say anything about Tony's hair.  When I got married in '73, my ex had hair longer than mine and it was down to the middle of his back.  People did not like long hair "hippies", they were dirty animals.  Yeah, right.

And I don't like mocking people for their weight even though I do not have a weight problem.  Lots of people have weight problems.

I really do not know what to think of Tony- he suddenly appeared.  We do not really know him.  Plus, their comments about who pays for the wedding/honeymoon are so over the top I can't help wonder if it is a pathetic producer storyline.  

My hairy two cents worth.

• Love 9

I couldn't really care less if Tony is trying to use the Browns. One of the  most grifting-est  families on TLC getting used by someone? Hey, you get what you give Brown family. You get what you give...

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

And yet he decided to clean up for his friend's wedding....    Is there a reason his friend's wedding required him looking nicer than his own?  smh

He's not drop dead gorgeous in that 2nd photo, but not unattractive. Amazing what a comb and suit that fits will do for a guy.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2016 at 4:40 PM, AZChristian said:

Yep, whenever I want to honeymoon at a beach, my thoughts IMMEDIATELY go to Seattle in December.

Huh?

For all we know, maybe when the wedding was scheduled was never that big a point of contention, but was used for 'fake drama'- someone that thought wouldn't be a boring storyline?   I missed the 'wedded bliss'  episode.  I'm having an issue because there is another show on this network that freaks me out (not SW, just being clear because sometimes people need stuff spelled out) and I don't know if I want to continue to support the network even by watching SW because this other show sickens me so.  Not going to name it because a)it's not what this thread is about although my continuing to view SW has to do with this other show being on the network and 2) although it creeps me out, there may be people here who think what this other show is about is just dandy and there is no way in hell I'm going to engage with them

• Love 2
On August 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM, toodles said:

No amount of painted corn cans, wet bars, commitment ceremonies, rock stacking, cardboard boats or whatever makes one bit of difference.  If it weren't for tlc, they would be living in that crap shack in Utah, bleeding the beast for every last dime.

@toodles. There's also family tree cakes to eat , live family trees to plant and handprints in wet cement . I'm sure there's more ? oh and the Mission Statement on signs .  Fools ?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Is Tony wearing DENIM JEANS at his wedding ???? Those aren't suit pants are they ? Who's jacket is on her ? Good God ! Use some product and a comb on your hair !!  M-E-S-S

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This has happened to people on Facebook that I know. I don't get the point of it. 

It's happened to me, back in February. A friend of mine reported it to Facebook and within 20 minutes the account had been deleted. Early on a Saturday morning even. 

Meri is making way too big a deal out of it. Once it's reported to Facebook and the account deleted, any friend requests or messages will also go poof. 

But yet she posts an APB like it's an Amber Alert "to protect everyone". *rolleyes*

If she was so concerned about internet safety for her fans and customers, they'd take down the unsecured, buggy MSWC site where I'm sure data is compromised daily. 

This is all about her crying wolf for attention. 

• Love 4

With all of the talk surrounding Mykelti's  "purity"  and Kody telling FT "you've waited 21 years to have sex, you can wait another 6 months!" it got me thinking.   I would absolutely LOVE to suggest a question for this season's  Tell All Nothing.  

Moderator - "Kody, why was Mykelti's purity such a big thing for you?

Kody - blah blah blah

Moderator - So then why was that not important for you with regards to Madison?

Kody - uhhhhh

Moderator - In fact, doesn't Logan live with his girlfriend (not even fiancé)  Michelle? 

Kody -   crickets......

Moderator - Does your silence mean that there are different standards in place for each child?

Me - laughing hysterically from my couch while Kody twitches

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Kody:  Stop PERSECUTING me!  (Stomping out in a huff.)

Moderator -  Well I'm not persecuting you, I'm trying to understand.  You have to see that it appears there are different rules for Janelle's kids.

Kody - blank, bug eyed stare while flipping hair

Christine interrupting -  You MONOGAMISTS don't understand!!!

• Love 6

Robyn: Well, you see, polygamists have special rules because we are special.  Cookies are to be saved, but in certain circumstances (wipes eye booger, looks at it, starts to cry) the cookie is given prematurely, but can be revoked in a special Cookie Revoking Ceremony (sighs heavily, looks up to ceiling in a lame attempt to pretend to stop crying) which is exactly what I did, and I regret having given my cookie to the wrong man, because --

Moderator: I was asking Kody, Robyn.  So Kody, back to the question of having different rules for different children --

Robyn: Kody has my cookie now, which is the way it shoulda been all along, and I --

Moderator: Again, Robyn, I am asking Kody.  So, Kody?  

Kody: ........................................

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Moderator -  Well I'm not persecuting you, I'm trying to understand.  You have to see that it appears there are different rules for Janelle's kids.

Kody - blank, bug eyed stare while flipping hair

Christine interrupting -  You MONOGAMISTS don't understand!!!

All in unison: HATERS! 

• Love 9
On 12/17/2016 at 9:49 PM, Kohola3 said:

bethany-paige.jpg

Anyone watch Gilmore Girls? Paris once mused that it wasn't fair that fat men look good in suits while bigger woman don't have that advantage. I think Paris would've changed her mind if she saw FT. In this picture his pants look.... denim-y? Guess they had to scrimp so Kody could afford their honeymoon to Seattle LOL.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's a standard for Christine's children because they're polyg royalty.  Kody planned to marry Mykelti to someone connected.

I absolutely believe that is true, and have not watched in many years now. However, based upon reviews of the episodes, and comments made about it, I believe that the Browns' have addressed Logan living with his girlfriend and have said that they disagree with his decision. It doesn't sound like they have acknowledged Maddie living with Caleb, though. It is just as likely that they have  buried their heads in the sand about it and are lying to themselves as is par for the course as it is that they have acknowledged it but don't want to call attention to her inappropriate (to them) actions. They are ridiculous and routinely stupidly in denial.

Oh, and also, I'm pretty sure Tony plans on taking additional wives. He absolutely wants to be a member of the AUB, and part of his attraction to Mykelti was her religion along with the chance to be part of the Brown's television show.

• Love 1

Regarding that photo of the newly married Mr. and Mrs. Crazy Captain Subtitles - every time I see it, all I can think is that Tony must be super uncomfortable, what with his pants cutting off his circulation, and if that jacket over Mykelti's shoulders smells icky.

I'm sorry.

• Love 5
On 12/26/2016 at 3:09 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

He didn't have a choice. He was the best man. The clothes were chosen for him. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

Anyone watch Gilmore Girls? Paris once mused that it wasn't fair that fat men look good in suits while bigger woman don't have that advantage. I think Paris would've changed her mind if she saw FT. In this picture his pants look.... denim-y? Guess they had to scrimp so Kody could afford their honeymoon to Seattle LOL.

The cut of those trousers is just wrong on Tony. I see other guys wearing that style; it's like a skinny cut for men. The only people who look good in them are  skinny skateboard types though, not people with Tony's shape (just because one CAN fit into something does not mean one SHOULD).

If suit makers could make Al Capone look good in a suit, they could've made Tony look good in one too. But my guess is he wanted to go with this "modern" cut. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Christina said:
11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's a standard for Christine's children because they're polyg royalty.  Kody planned to marry Mykelti to someone connected.

I've seen this stated here a few times.  I honestly don't understand the whole plyg royalty thing.  What did Kody hope to gain from his marriage to Christine? And what could he gain from the marriage of their children due to their bloodline?  He is the head of their church, so I don't get why he would be looking for the approval/acceptance of anyone else.  Not trying to be a pain, but can someone enlighten me on this issue?  I find it fascinating. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Normades said:

I've seen this stated here a few times.  I honestly don't understand the whole plyg royalty thing.  What did Kody hope to gain from his marriage to Christine? And what could he gain from the marriage of their children due to their bloodline?  He is the head of their church, so I don't get why he would be looking for the approval/acceptance of anyone else.  Not trying to be a pain, but can someone enlighten me on this issue?  I find it fascinating. 

There's no way to understand ANYTHING about Kody Brown or his thought processes.  He can only think about one thing at a time, and if another thought pops in, he goes off on that idea until another thought pops in.  He changes his mind (ergo, the "rules" of his faith) more often than he changes his underwear.  Somewhere he was told that because Christine was an Allred, she was plyg royalty . . . so it made him royal by association to marry her.  

Remember, this is a "family" where virginity of a 3-time mother can be retroactively restored so that he's the first one to actually take her cookie, and he is inserted into pictures of her kids as their "father" before he even knew of them.

If you DO begin to understand, you are in deep trouble.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

There's no way to understand ANYTHING about Kody Brown or his thought processes.  He can only think about one thing at a time, and if another thought pops in, he goes off on that idea until another thought pops in.  He changes his mind (ergo, the "rules" of his faith) more often than he changes his underwear.  Somewhere he was told that because Christine was an Allred, she was plyg royalty . . . so it made him royal by association to marry her.  

Remember, this is a "family" where virginity of a 3-time mother can be retroactively restored so that he's the first one to actually take her cookie, and he is inserted into pictures of her kids as their "father" before he even knew of them.

If you DO begin to understand, you are in deep trouble.

In Kody's defense Robyn commissioned that bat shit crazy picture. 

3 hours ago, Normades said:

Polyg royalty = she is a great granddaughter of their prophet. This means her family is at the top of the hierarchy as to who is in charge and gets the best of everything. Marrying her was marrying up to Kody, who came from a family of more recent converts and was lower in the totem pole. Keep in mind that they're all still related and Kody and Christine are cousins on the non Royal side.

Kody did not have his own church when they married. From marrying Christine, he demonstrated that he was living poligamy and boosted his stautus in the community, married up, and also secured two of the three wives he needs to have his own celestial planet in the afterlife. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Marrying her was marrying up to Kody, who came from a family of more recent converts

Actually, Kody's family has deep roots in polygamy. Both sets of grandparents and on back are all plygs. For some reason his parents started out as monogamous but then his mom got the calling late in life and convinced Wynn to go plyg. And that always puzzled me. A big part of living polygamy is to bring all those spirit babies down to Earth, hence the need for a bagillion wives. So why convert late in life when all the parties involved are past their prime? I can also see a man getting the "calling" to take more wives (ie. sex partners to scratch an itch) but why on earth would a woman think, "Yeah, I so want my man sleeping with a bunch of other women, because" after years of a monogamous marriage? 

Whackos.

• Love 6
On 26/12/2016 at 2:54 PM, BlackWidow said:

For all we know, maybe when the wedding was scheduled was never that big a point of contention, but was used for 'fake drama'- someone that thought wouldn't be a boring storyline?   I missed the 'wedded bliss'  episode.  I'm having an issue because there is another show on this network that freaks me out (not SW, just being clear because sometimes people need stuff spelled out) and I don't know if I want to continue to support the network even by watching SW because this other show sickens me so.  Not going to name it because a)it's not what this thread is about although my continuing to view SW has to do with this other show being on the network and 2) although it creeps me out, there may be people here who think what this other show is about is just dandy and there is no way in hell I'm gIoing to engage with them

Shoot me a PM with the name of that other show, cus I think we are on the same page.

6 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Actually, Kody's family has deep roots in polygamy. Both sets of grandparents and on back are all plygs. For some reason his parents started out as monogamous but then his mom got the calling late in life and convinced Wynn to go plyg. And that always puzzled me. A big part of living polygamy is to bring all those spirit babies down to Earth, hence the need for a bagillion wives. So why convert late in life when all the parties involved are past their prime? I can also see a man getting the "calling" to take more wives (ie. sex partners to scratch an itch) but why on earth would a woman think, "Yeah, I so want my man sleeping with a bunch of other women, because" after years of a monogamous marriage? 

Whackos.

Good points. I thjnk the difference is Kody's family was polygamist, left, came back, where Christine's stayed and had clout. 

The women go for it because they also cannot be called to a higher level of Heaven unless their husband calls them through the spiritual veil. If he doesn't, they're stuck on a lower level of heaven for eternity, servants to the higher people. Unmarried women, non polyg women, or those who are shamed by their husbands and not called are eternal servants. I think fathers can call daughters, but you'd be their child and not have your own, etc. 

So in a nutshell, the women do it so they can obey God and be with their families on their own planets for eternity, instead of just being a servant in a lower part of their heaven with the rest of us unworthy, non Principled people.

the whole planet thing confuses me because when does the generational thing stop? Why does Kody get a new planet instead of being on his father's, and why don't his sons get their own planets and his daughters go to their husbands? I'd love some clarification on this. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So in a nutshell, the women do it so they can obey God and be with their families on their own planets for eternity, instead of just being a servant in a lower part of their heaven with the rest of us unworthy, non Principled people.

That makes sense if they are already practicing The Principle but for women who are in other religions, it just makes me wonder why they leave a religion that already has a path to a place in heaven (or the equivalent) that doesn't require their husband having multiple wives. LDS believe in essentially the same planet situation without the extra wives. Kody's mom would have ended up on Wynn's planet no matter what and she wouldn't have had to put up with Janelle's mom and the other wife in the process. In the plyg town I used to live in, almost all the wives came from non-Mormon religions and I could never wrap my mind around how they got from being a Methodist to AUB-adjacent.

Completely agree with you on the convoluted planet assignment situation. I will never understand it. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

That makes sense if they are already practicing The Principle but for women who are in other religions, it just makes me wonder why they leave a religion that already has a path to a place in heaven (or the equivalent) that doesn't require their husband having multiple wives. LDS believe in essentially the same planet situation without the extra wives. Kody's mom would have ended up on Wynn's planet no matter what and she wouldn't have had to put up with Janelle's mom and the other wife in the process. In the plyg town I used to live in, almost all the wives came from non-Mormon religions and I could never wrap my mind around how they got from being a Methodist to AUB-adjacent.

Completely agree with you on the convoluted planet assignment situation. I will never understand it. 

How did you live in a polyg town and not stare 24/7? Were any of them even semi-happy? 

I guess they're (new converts) are afraid of giving up their husbands. I totally get why women born into it or even barely removed from it do it (like if they had polyg grandparents and were sentimental about the good ole days).

Not coming from that world, If my husband suggested the Lord called him to take another wife, I don't think there is any way I could participate. 

• Love 2

If my husband suggested the Lord called him to take another wife, I don't think there is any way I could participate. 

I would have a Come To Jesus meeting and, believe me, the outcome would NOT involve another wife.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

the whole planet thing confuses me because when does the generational thing stop? Why does Kody get a new planet instead of being on his father's, and why don't his sons get their own planets and his daughters go to their husbands? I'd love some clarification on this. 

When someone is 'sealed' to Kody, he pops off his father's planet and gets his own -- unless Kody dies and the father posthumously seals or reseals him.

Was this shit written by L. Ron?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How did you live in a polyg town and not stare 24/7? Were any of them even semi-happy? 

They are an independent sect (left the AUB) and dress like everyone else. You wouldn't know who was plyg and who wasn't unless someone told you. They all work and are just like everyone else. There is much more freedom and civility within the families, compared to other sects. As far as happy, they have.......adapted and accepted. Their history is just as crappy as the other sects. I was (and still am) friends with a bunch of them. That is why I don't mention names or get into too much detail, out of respect. Because I lived there, I educated my self on polygamy. Because I lived there, I hate polygamy.

26 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Was this shit written by L. Ron?

And of course I have gone down the rabbit hole over at Leah Remini's show and forum!

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

They are an independent sect (left the AUB) and dress like everyone else. You wouldn't know who was plyg and who wasn't unless someone told you. They all work and are just like everyone else. There is much more freedom and civility within the families, compared to other sects. As far as happy, they have.......adapted and accepted. Their history is just as crappy as the other sects. I was (and still am) friends with a bunch of them. That is why I don't mention names or get into too much detail, out of respect. Because I lived there, I educated my self on polygamy. Because I lived there, I hate polygamy.

And of course I have gone down the rabbit hole over at Leah Remini's show and forum!

Thank you for not 'outing' anyone. There are always good people in good, bad, and odd situations. 

The most fascinating part of any of it to me, is that so much focus is on doing things to preserve families for eternity, based on a mandate from God, yet so many polygs are so quick to marry, divorce, remarry, split off their own churches, etc., basically change the rules that determine their eternal fate, so quickly and so often. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CofCinci said:

When someone is 'sealed' to Kody, he pops off his father's planet and gets his own -- unless Kody dies and the father posthumously seals or reseals him.

So, what if none of Kody's children are "sealed"? Does that mean they all remain on his planet, even if they get married and have their own families? That might explain why he doesn't seem that perturbed that his children are choosing more "normal" lifestyles. 

Sadly, it occurs to me that some women will go along with this arrangement - especially after a few years or so of "marriage" - because then they don't have to service their "husband" any longer. It's like a divorce without the legal hassles. I saw this on, I think, *Escaping Polygamy,* where one very sad-looking young mother said exactly this.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, lma said:

I think he's not perturbed because even he doesn't believe this stuff. I just don't believe for one minute that any of them really believe this stuff. As others have said, Kody's in it for the multiple partners, Robyn for the money/show  and childcare, Janelle so she doesn't have to fully commit or be present, Meri for Kody, and Christine...well she might be the only one who really believes it.

FWIW, I completely agree with you. It's really just one more scam that allows narcissists and/or otherwise selfish people to have what they think they want, and consequences to others be damned. We can see how well that's working for all of them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, okerry said:

Sadly, it occurs to me that some women will go along with this arrangement - especially after a few years or so of "marriage" - because then they don't have to service their "husband" any longer. It's like a divorce without the legal hassles. I saw this on, I think, *Escaping Polygamy,* where one very sad-looking young mother said exactly this.

This has now convinced me that I was right cans it is all about the husband's needs and not the wife.  If he were "servicing" his wife, she wouldn't be so quick to give up.  So sad that women are just used and mistreated in this cult

• Love 4
19 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

This has now convinced me that I was right cans it is all about the husband's needs and not the wife.  If he were "servicing" his wife, she wouldn't be so quick to give up.  So sad that women are just used and mistreated in this cult

I agree with what you're saying, but have to add that when teenage girls are forced to marry men old enough to be their grandfathers, with the threat of hell being thrown in if they say no, then they probably dread any physical contact with their husbands. Neglect is better than some gross old guy pawing at you every night.

• Love 3