Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I don't think there is any way TLC can make an entire season out of just a wedding.

Several seasons of The Duggars were based solely on a courtship or a wedding. So, it can be done.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 3

Several seasons of The Duggars were based solely on a courtship or a wedding. So, it can be done.

Only if fans care enough to watch.  I am getting the feeling that those on the forum are fast losing interest in the blah stories.  A wedding is a wedding.  Who the hell cares.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But what they could do is have a 5th courtship.  And have it blow up in Kody's face!  We would get all the fun and drama of seeing a new woman navigate the herd, watch the others sniff her and bristle, all the fun of dress shopping and cake testing (yawn) and then BAM! Kody gets stood up at the altar.

This would have the added bonus of checking yet another plot point off the Big Love playlist. 

• Love 2

Let's be realistic.  These grifters have no income other than TLC.  They have no feelings for each other (except possibly disdain), their "religion" is totally made up and changes rules to fit every situation, and none of them give a crap about anything except the almighty dollar.  So I wouldn't put it past them to throw a 5th wife in there to keep the show on the air.

• Love 6
(edited)

In the Season 5 Tell All, the wives got very upset when the host, Tamron Hall asked whether there would be a fifth wife.  At the time Kody said, "I really don't think so, that's not in my stars."    Based on the way he said it, I got the feeling that was a constant topic of conversation.

Edited by Adeejay
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Let's be realistic.  These grifters have no income other than TLC.  They have no feelings for each other (except possibly disdain), their "religion" is totally made up and changes rules to fit every situation, and none of them give a crap about anything except the almighty dollar.  So I wouldn't put it past them to throw a 5th wife in there to keep the show on the air.

THIS.  They have to realize the gravy train is coming to an end...either they take a 5th wife to generate a couple more seasons, or the wives slowly start leaving and raking in their own cash for a book and speaking engagements.  I can't see Kody going out and getting a real job...what's he qualified for?  Hawking bad male hair extensions on QVC maybe...but he's so damn smarmy, I can't imagine what he'd be good at anymore.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, lightbeam said:

Mykelti is way too young and immature to get married. I feel like she's marrying the first guy to ever give her attention. She has no idea who she is or what she wants. Sigh.

Well there was that John dude that got the hormone speech. 

I think in this case it's "first guy she had sex with".

plus "getting back at Dad".

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8

plus "getting back at Dad".

Plus seeking the same attention that Maddie got.  Up until the wedding, Kody paid little to no attention to the breeding stock, er, girls in the family.  I'd bet Mykelti is just looking to be in the spotlight and in the magazines like her sister.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, lightbeam said:

Mykelti is way too young and immature to get married. I feel like she's marrying the first guy to ever give her attention. She has no idea who she is or what she wants. Sigh.

I agree and feel it's a mistake as well. Mykelti herself said she needed to mature and figure out who she is outside of her family. It seems like she barely had time to do that before becoming attached. I like Mykelti and am rooting for her but I don't have high hopes for this marriage. 

• Love 4
On 6/17/2016 at 4:28 PM, CofCinci said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kody ends up sleeping with that niece. 

And then the other wives can talk about how betrayed they are that he cheated on them. Because it's super different.

On 6/17/2016 at 8:11 PM, MissT said:

Radar online has breaking news!   Kody taking a 5th wife and its Robin's niece. I hate this guy!   He's so skeevy. 

Does anyone think it's true?  

Radar isn't the most reliable source, but I think this theory has some weight. At the very least, Kody's been spotted out with the niece/nanny being flirtatious. 

On 6/17/2016 at 9:23 PM, lightbeam said:

She has dated before, though. I think this is more about rebellion. Guy looks like a stoner.

Does this mean we get a Mykelti thread?

• Love 1

As for Kody taking a 5th wife, specifically Robyn's niece/cousin/aunt whatever....I don't know. I definitely can see HIM wanting to. I don't believe his whole "it's not in the cards" thing. I see Kody as one of those people that needs constant excitement in their lives - especially change. That was probably part of the appeal of polygamy to him, even if on a subconscious level. He wouldn't just settle into a boring routine life. It would be different every night. And I think that satisfied him for awhile, but even that became monotonous after almost 2 decades. 

Enter Robyn. Now, I believe they've tried to pass this off as Meri bringing her in. But after seeing how the divorce and re-marriage went down last year, I firmly believe Kody was 100% behind the Robyn thing and he somehow manipulated Meri into thinking it was something she wanted. But after all that has happened, I don't see her falling for that again. And there's no way anyone is manipulating Ms. Robyn - especially when the woman in question is a family member of hers. 

So yea, I can see there being a "situation" going on, but I don't think I can see it ever going so far as to be a fifth wife. 

• Love 3

In a bank branch, the people who sit at the desks are typically called "personal bankers".  Basically a step above tellers.  they open accounts and so some customer service functions.  We're not talking about Wall St. investment bankers here. I can see this guy in a poorly-fitted suit pushing credit cards on people.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

As for Kody taking a 5th wife, specifically Robyn's niece/cousin/aunt whatever....I don't know. I definitely can see HIM wanting to. I don't believe his whole "it's not in the cards" thing.

Robyn is now Queen Bee of the Cuddle-Sac.  If Kody dared broach the subject of a 5th wife with Robyn, and she raised even half an eyebrow as she thought about it, Kody would take that as her assent, and he'd be out the door of Robyn's house so fast to find a #5 to start a' courtin' with, his hair would get caught in the door hinges.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2
On 6/17/2016 at 9:24 PM, laurakaye said:

THIS.  They have to realize the gravy train is coming to an end...either they take a 5th wife to generate a couple more seasons, or the wives slowly start leaving and raking in their own cash for a book and speaking engagements.  I can't see Kody going out and getting a real job...what's he qualified for?  Hawking bad male hair extensions on QVC maybe...but he's so damn smarmy, I can't imagine what he'd be good at anymore.

But, but Kody's CAREER, y'all!

16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I firmly believe Kody was 100% behind the Robyn thing and he somehow manipulated Meri into thinking it was something she wanted.

I have a different take on the divorce issue. I believe that Meri offered because she was actually setting the stage to be with her illusive lover. By gladly "agreeing" to the divorce, she would then be free to move out, move on...and do whatever with "Sam".

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

I have a different take on the divorce issue. I believe that Meri offered because she was actually setting the stage to be with her illusive lover. By gladly "agreeing" to the divorce, she would then be free to move out, move on...and do whatever with "Sam".

Nope...Overton didn't appear on the scene until Jan 2015 at the earliest - when she attended a LIV sales pitch at Meri's with that Stacey chick. Sam in March. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, shksabelle said:

In a bank branch, the people who sit at the desks are typically called "personal bankers".  Basically a step above tellers.  they open accounts and so some customer service functions.  We're not talking about Wall St. investment bankers here. I can see this guy in a poorly-fitted suit pushing credit cards on people.

Hey, at least that is actual employment, which appears to be a novelty among reality-show SILs. 

• Love 4

Actually, the divorce happened in late 2014 (September, I believe) and the catfishing began 6 months later. I think Meri was coerced into the divorce by Kody (at Robyn's urging) and Meri was allowed to "save face' by claiming it was all for the children's sake. I also think that's why she was lonely and vulnerable to be taken in by the catfisher.

• Love 13

I don't know... I see Kody less as someone who is starting to crack up and more as someone who is losing the ability to hide himself. I think he's been angry, controlling, cruel, petulant, and self-obsessed the entire time. He is just less able to keep it from the cameras and the cameras are trying less hard to hide it from the audience. 

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't know... I see Kody less as someone who is starting to crack up and more as someone who is losing the ability to hide himself. I think he's been angry, controlling, cruel, petulant, and self-obsessed the entire time. He is just less able to keep it from the cameras and the cameras are trying less hard to hide it from the audience. 

Which is why Janelle has been continually ramping up the cheerleader THs to 11. She is frantically trying to cover for him. I hate how she sits there telling the audience how "awesome" he is while she looks at him the whole time, gauging her effectiveness. Meri doesn't give two fucks to cheer lead, Christine is too earnest, frantic and unbelievable, and Robin hasn't had to really "dill" with his shitty side yet so it is beneath her to address it for the other wives.

He is a polygamous man. They are all shits. Period.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

And he's getting the tlc dick edit, which makes it kind of fun to watch.  I usually skip the tell all, but I might watch this one.  I hope they have an good interviewer.  Not likely, but anything is possible.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Which is why Janelle has been continually ramping up the cheerleader THs to 11. She is frantically trying to cover for him. I hate how she sits there telling the audience how "awesome" he is while she looks at him the whole time, gauging her effectiveness. Meri doesn't give two fucks to cheer lead, Christine is too earnest, frantic and unbelievable, and Robin hasn't had to really "dill" with his shitty side yet so it is beneath her to address it for the other wives.

He is a polygamous man. They are all shits. Period.

This is a good point.  Janelle is taking over for Christine as the 'our life is wonderful' cheerleader. I don't really get it. She seemed to be happy to be on her own in the family. She didn't get any attention from Kody, but she didn't seem to have a desperate need for him. I thought she liked that setup. But now she's the head worshipper. I didn't think she cared enough about Kody, her relationship with him, or the reputation of polygamy/the family to become such a butt kisser.

• Love 4
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

I didn't think she cared enough about Kody, her relationship with him, or the reputation of polygamy/the family to become such a butt kisser.

But Janelle does love the income from TLC; it means she doesn't have to be the sole provider for the family. She's the only one who is has enough financial smarts to see they need to keep the Titanic floating a few more hours. She's trying to hold Kody together for as long as possible.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

But Janelle does love the income from TLC; it means she doesn't have to be the sole provider for the family. She's the only one who is has enough financial smarts to see they need to keep the Titanic floating a few more hours. She's trying to hold Kody together for as long as possible.

Excellent point. Janelle is probably living in terror of what is going to happen when the TLC money train leaves the building. I can see the other wives figuring it will be up to Janelle to support the family since she did it before, but they probably are stupid enough to expect her to support their current lifestyle. 

• Love 1
On June 16, 2016 at 10:05 PM, toodles said:

If wishing made it so.

If it's ratings they're worried about, having him dumped by all four? I'd watch that shit in a heartbeat.

If there is a grain of truth to this, why wouldn't Robyn send Mindy on her way? "Honey, you need to go back to Utah," or wherever she came from. Having her under the same roof would be overly awkward and tense. 

• Love 2
On June 21, 2016 at 4:04 AM, MsTree said:

Meri was visibly devasted by that divorce. That scene where Kody shows up to drag her to the lawyer's office to sign the papers and she's clinging to the walls saying she's dizzy, and Kody just could not give a shit and dragging her along anyway was chilling. That guys has no feelings for anyone but himself. That scene was so telling and so creepy.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I actually see it as a the last grasps for viewers...seems like producers egging him on to be more rill so that there would be more interest in the show. The show is circling the drain, the producers are probably pushing them all to reveal more, get rawer, and this is what they trot out, some old resentments that now suddenly need fixing between Meri and Janelle, and Kody showing his 'tough' side. Yawn. The Browns never really reveal anything ugly intentionally. Even during the tell alls, Christine walks off when talk about a baby between Robyn and Kody was broached. She comes back and no follow up questions were asked! Seems like that was a big dill to Christine! But nothing else was said. Or Robyn saying she's refusing to throw a sister wife under the bus by not admitting who gets jealous and why during the last tell all. These people have never really been honest and never will. The bird Kody threw is posturing at emotion.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

This is a good point.  Janelle is taking over for Christine as the 'our life is wonderful' cheerleader. I don't really get it. She seemed to be happy to be on her own in the family. She didn't get any attention from Kody, but she didn't seem to have a desperate need for him. I thought she liked that setup. But now she's the head worshipper. I didn't think she cared enough about Kody, her relationship with him, or the reputation of polygamy/the family to become such a butt kisser.

I think Janelle always did and still has the hots for him. She divorced her first husband, then totally persued Kody. She probably decided that polygamy would work for her when she fell in love with a married man. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

If it's ratings they're worried about, having him dumped by all four? I'd watch that shit in a heartbeat.

If there is a grain of truth to this, why wouldn't Robyn send Mindy on her way? "Honey, you need to go back to Utah," or wherever she came from. Having her under the same roof would be overly awkward and tense. 

When it comes to wife #5, Robyn is going to make the same mistake Meri did. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 24/06/2016 at 8:15 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Excellent point. Janelle is probably living in terror of what is going to happen when the TLC money train leaves the building. I can see the other wives figuring it will be up to Janelle to support the family since she did it before, but they probably are stupid enough to expect her to support their current lifestyle. 

I truly wonder if Janelles sudden worshipping isn't production driven. We know they read these boards and others due to the fu moments shown in the past. 

Janelle and her kids were mostly seen in a positive light so maybe production or even Kodouche made the decision to have her become his Betty! 

Plus the fact of course she wants this shitshow to continue as long as it can..that's a whole lot of hungry hippos to feed once the TLC dolla bills go away! 

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3
On 6/25/2016 at 7:56 AM, CofCinci said:

When it comes to wife #5, Robyn is going to make the same mistake Meri did. 

And I, for one, will be watching with glee and a big bowl of popcorn.

• Love 8

I was at the grocery store and one of the rag mags said Kody is divorcing everyone and getting 2 new wives.

It was life & style mag and I couldn't find a link.  Ahh.  Famewhoring at it's finest.

11 hours ago, toodles said:

I was at the grocery store and one of the rag mags said Kody is divorcing everyone and getting 2 new wives

Wow...that alimony/palimony and child support order is gonna be ridiculous...if I believed that ;-)

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Is Kody even on the birth certificates for Jenelle and Christine's children?  That's one way polygamist avoid detection.

If that's the case, why are the children all have the surname "Brown"? Also, the wives now have visual proof, at least--how many seasons of this show are there and how many times has Kody laid claim to all of these kids? Of course, several of them are now over 18, so he wouldn't be paying child support for those kids anyway.

Any word yet on if the show's been renewed for another season? Not that I'm anxious to tune in again, but if any of the rumors (Kody taking a 5th wife; Kody dumping the current 4 wives in favor of 2 much younger women) are true, I'd want to see at the first few eps to see it all happen.

4 minutes ago, kimaken said:

If that's the case, why are the children all have the surname "Brown"? Also, the wives now have visual proof, at least--how many seasons of this show are there and how many times has Kody laid claim to all of these kids? Of course, several of them are now over 18, so he wouldn't be paying child support for those kids anyway.

Any word yet on if the show's been renewed for another season? Not that I'm anxious to tune in again, but if any of the rumors (Kody taking a 5th wife; Kody dumping the current 4 wives in favor of 2 much younger women) are true, I'd want to see at the first few eps to see it all happen.

Jenelle and Christine legally changed their surname to Brown before birthing the children. 

(edited)

That birth certificate thing is purely speculation. There is not one iota of proof that Kody isn't listed as the father. 

Besides the Browns have NEVER kept their living arrangement a secret. Even well before the show, they made themselves available for interviews with the BBC etc.

I doubt they've ever truly been afraid that the law is going to come down on them. It's all bullshit of the highest order. I still maintain that a big draw for many polygamists is thinking that they're outlaws or religious martyrs. When in fact in the Bible polygamy seldom if ever worked out well. Sarah (Abraham's wife) and Rachel/Leah (Jacob's Wives) gave their maids to their husbands because they wanted children. In fact Jacob was tricked into marrying Leah after working 7 years to marry Rachel whom he really loved. So Leah was miserable and tried to win Jacob's love by bearing children.

Rachel couldn't have kids so she gave her handmaid to her husband so she could have her "own". Then Leah did the same. No love there, just bitterness.

It must have been a very sad life for all the women involved. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 5