Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/24/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 11/24: Keke Palmer, Robin Roberts, Aubrey Plaza
Tu 11/25: Guest co-host Pitbull
We 11/26: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga, the runners-up and winners of "Dancing with the Stars", guest co-host Laverne Cox
Th 11/27: Patti LaBelle, Vintage Trouble (R 11/13/14)
Fr 11/28: Norman Lear

Cut back just in time for Whoopi to wag her finger in my face. Again. Whoopi doesn't understand that there are people like me who are not intimidated by her and her telling me to shut it only makes me want to piss her off even more, lol.

I heard she is on twitter

• Love 6

As wonderful as it was to see the Secretary of Defense fired in front of the entire country (not), Keke Palmer is getting on my nerves so much that I'm glad her on-air time was reduced. Was Nicolle telling kids to eat something healthy or they were going to die? What was she talking about?

• Love 3

Did Keke Palmer think this was HER show and no one else was at the table?  The girl didn't seem to want to shut her mouth and let others talk. And her helium sounding voice is tough to take.  How did she get on Broadway with that speaking voice---her singing voice is good.  Oh, I guess the same way Nene Leakes and Fran Drescher are getting on stage in that musical---just to get a name that people recognize.  Talk about a bad voice---Fran Drescher is the worst.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 6

Oh good Lord, Keke is upset that Bill Cosby's * alleged * history of sexual assault might taint his legacy. WTF???

IMHO, Keke hasn't got the brains God gave little green apples!!!  Her statement that Pitbulls "were bred to fight" displayed her ignorance in all its splendor & glory.  She may be very talented, but .....

I missed the first five minutes of the show & then President Obama came on, so I just switched to GMA & will catch the show at 11:00.

• Love 3

The victim shaming going on concerning the women coming out against Bill Cosby makes me so angry. I shake my head every time I see or read about someone doing it especially when it's women. I want to post more about this but don't want to clog up the show thread so I'm going to make a similar post with more detail in the Small Talk thread.

• Love 8

Whoopi said she is concerned about the allegations against Bill Cosby based on the Duke Lacrosse case...... in Whoopi's mind that one stripper who lied about what happened at a party is the same thing as a dozen or so women telling how they were drugged and coerced to have sex...... I really wonder why all she has are excuses instead of a desire for the truth

Ill ask her on Twitter

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 15

Whoopi said she is concerned about the allegations against Bill Cosby based on the Duke Lacrosse case...... in Whoopi's mind that one stripper who lied about what happened at a party is the same thing as a dozen or so women telling how they were drugged and coerced to have sex...... I really wonder why all she has are excuses instead of a desire for the truth

Ill ask her on Twitter

People with her mindset are why women still hesitate to come forward even today. Comparing all these women who've come forward that are all different ages and different backgrounds to one stripper who made a story up. 

• Love 14

I've never ordered any of the Monday Blue Light specials, but, I did order one of Whoopie's Favorite Things. I ordered the wallet with the phone charger in for a hard to buy for person. Well, it's been 2 weeks and after spending hours trying to reach the company, Triple C, I just learned that they would let me know when the wallet has been shipped. So, if the deals dazzle you, you better allot a whole lot of time to get these suckers. At least you do with the Triple C wallets.

• Love 1

People with her mindset are why women still hesitate to come forward even today. Comparing all these women who've come forward that are all different ages and different backgrounds to one stripper who made a story up.

Let's remind Whoopi that the Duke lacrosse players were arrested and no DNA matched. They just didn't shake their heads "no" in an interview or pay settlements!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 11

People with her mindset are why women still hesitate to come forward even today. Comparing all these women who've come forward that are all different ages and different backgrounds to one stripper who made a story up. 

That's what I HATE the most about Whoopi!!!  She pulls totally unrelated incidents out of her ass & says, with all the force she can muster, look what happened to THAT innocent person.  It's not the same & she knows she's blowing smoke.  I've already commented on The View's facebook page because I'm not going to let it go.

• Love 13

If they never have Keke back it will be too soon. She gets on my last nerve.

Whoopi said for people to calm down and not run up on others in the street and yell at them. At the end of that segment, she said not to yell at her that she thinks rape is okay. I wonder if someone did yell at her in the street or she was talking about what one of the women said on CNN?

The bottom line is that this has been whispered about for many years. I don't think someone decided in the 60's and 70's to accuse him and then wait until 2014 for their 15 minutes of fame.

• Love 8

I'm in Cleveland so the show was interrupted twice since the police killed a 12 year old with a toy gun, so I didn't get to see much of the show.  But it's funny, Rosie was tweeting all weekend and counting down like there would be actual sparks today, and it sounds like another dud.

• Love 2

I only got to see the first few minutes of today's show before the ABC News interruption and due to things going on here at home missed the rest of the show when it came back. The little bit of KeKe I did see lead me to believe today was going to be a day with a lot of things being said that would spark discussion which is why I wished the White House could have waited until later today.

Unfortunately, I was able to watch the whole show on the west feed and Sherri must have coached Keke on how to shriek & monopolize the conversation & spout nonsense...........ie "Pitbulls "were bred to fight" but Rosie P beautifully shut her down!!

• Love 4

Unfortunately, I was able to watch the whole show on the west feed and Sherri must have coached Keke on how to shriek & monopolize the conversation & spout nonsense...........ie "Pitbulls "were bred to fight" but Rosie P beautifully shut her down!!

Where Rosie P is correct.... it is a bad owner that makes a bad dog..... but Keke is also correct.

From the article:

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/truth-about-pit-bulls

Today’s pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog—a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head. When baiting large animals was outlawed in the 1800s, people turned instead to fighting their dogs against each other. These larger, slower bull-baiting dogs were crossed with smaller, quicker terriers to produce a more agile and athletic dog for fighting other dogs.

I had a roommate who had a pitbull and she was a great dog. I always felt safe around her and she was a great watch dog

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3

Let's remind Whoopi that the Duke lacrosse players were arrested and no DNA matched. They just didn't shake their heads "no" in an interview or pay settlements!

Someone please tweet this to Whoopi!

• Love 3

I don't know if this is a pattern, outside of Taylor Swift's actual appearance on the show, but does the show now play Taylor Swift's song "Shake it Off" after controversial episode or when there have been dust ups in mentioned in the news?  I know they played it in the first episode of this new season, which could go towards "shaking off" the crap of the last few seasons and then today's episode after last Thursdays tense discussion and the news reports being told of fights back stage and Rosie P crying.  I'm just wonder if anyone else has seen a pattern w/the song being used on episodes after serious hot topic discussion or back stage bickering.

Damn, that KeKe Palmer girl was annoying as all get out.  Rosie P looked like she wanted to slap her face for interrupting her and just. not. shutting. up.

I will have to wait until later this evening or tomorrow to see Monday's HotTopics, thanks a lot Washington, so I caught the tail end of the Cosby argument again, but I just want to say suck it up Goldberg.  You got called out for your attitude and comments last Thursday and you just can't stand someone calling your ass out like that.  Guess what honey, you ain't as revered as you think and used to be since you decided to take this daytime job b/c you are lazy and wanted a quick paycheck for two hours work five days a week.  Your words have consequences, and you are just pissed now b/c like I said you had your ass called out on national tv.  Suck it up and own what you said (which is what Rosie O tried to get all three of her co-hosts to do, own and explain), or shut your mouth.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 10

I guess the tweaking is still going on as that was a new intro today, right. 

Was a bit confused with the ABC News cut-in, which caused CTV Canada to go immediately to commerical and then come back with hot topics from an old show.  Then when I was about to turn it off, they came back after another commercial to today's show.  So I presume the hosts kept on "hot topic-ing" during the news break, but did the satelite stream end.  Did other timezones get a complete show?

I did like that the last segment smoothly (for the View) running into the end of the show.  I hope they keep that.

The Talk did a much better job discussing the Bill Cosby situation yet again.

Their Brooke Shields interview was better as well.

• Love 1
Damn, that KeKe Palmer girl was annoying as all get out.  Rosie P looked like she wanted to slap her face for interrupting her and just. not. shutting. up.

What's the point of inviting guests to the show if you don't want them to speak?

• Love 3

I read the list The Washington Post put online (I'm sorry I don't know how to link) and their credibility seems solid to me. 

Absolutely true that women were generally not believed (unless beaten up or killed) during the 60, 70', 80's - shoot even now there can be problems.

I did not realize that Cosby was a hanger on at The PlayBoy club - that would be a big red flag to me - those parties were not innocent.  I cannot remember where I read that the women who lived there, while not "required" to have sex with every man who asked...it was clearly understood that you had sex with the majority who were interested.  I know without the source that statement is equal to gossip and I do apologize for that, but I considered it a reputable source at the time.  This applies only to the women who lived at the residence.  No statements were made about the women who worked at the clubs.

I still fell sad and betrayed in a weird way.  He was such a talent and provided hours of great entertainment.  That is hard to reconcile with his 'private' behavior.  Even if a few of the women were making it up or were not actually assaulted because they got away, no excuse, just none.

• Love 4

Those of you who had the show interrupted today, consider yourself lucky.  It was the Whoopi Goldberg Hour (with her special guest, Keke Palmer) at it's finest and by finest of course I mean worst for the audience of The View or at least for me. 

Whoopi decided she needed to preface the Cosby "Controversy" topic with three minutes of EXPLAINING just what The View is according to her, which is much different than according to me, and how she didn't want anyone questioning her opinions or accusing her of condoning rape (but not rape-rape) all while shaking her finger the way one might to a dog.

Then  Nicolle reported she just found out that the statute of limitations might not be up on one of the accusations.  Rosie P chimed in with her exact same uh opinion and and uh she made four and uh days ago only clarifying that she felt the corporations cancelling Cosby's gigs were completely wrong for bowing to social media (i.e. public opinion - you know, the public that buys the tickets, and watches the shows) and she went so far as to say if they were cancelling for moral reasons (which no one has said and, really?)  why didn't they do it when these accusations first came out a decade or so ago?  Again, Rosie P doesn't seem to understand how businesses work or how our cultural attitudes have evolved in the last ten years. 

Whoopi meanwhile ranted on and on about how she wants to "wait and see" for hard evidence.  Huh?   Maybe if she wasn't so busy fighting off  "fans" in the street she might have bothered to read a syndicated AP article published this weekend headlined Shifting Attitudes at Play in Cosby Allegations. 

Out of every 100 rapes, only 40 get reported to police, RAINN says, citing Justice Department figures. Eight of those get prosecuted, and four lead to a felony conviction. The silver lining is that over the last 15 years or so, reporting rates have risen by a third. Some states have also lengthened or abolished statutes of limitations on prosecuting rape, especially when DNA evidence exists.  [Emphasis added]

Of course, even with a conviction Whoopi might not consider it to be 'rape-rape' if the assailant is a famous celebrity that might lose some work. The fact that she can't imagine how or why a rape victim might not report it or put herself through the trauma is truly amazing to me - as backformore posted. 

Meanwhile, RO didn't seem to feel the need to repeat herself.    I don't blame her one bit.  

Okay, so today, I didn't know what the hell RosieP was talking about with respect to her position on Bill Cosby!!!!????

MedicineCrow, I think this was in response to Nicolle's statement (that the statute of limitation might not be up for some/one of the accusers)  by reminding her a settlement was reached with some of the more recent accusations (2005?)  in 2006 and so there would be no arrest or court dates.   

Edited for some (but probably not all)  typos and to say  I didn't mean to write a Rosie P length dissertation.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

backformore, that is a brilliant, well said and cogent statement of what was missing from this discussion on The View and a vision of an opportunity missed.

What a great couple of shows your concept would have been!

Your analysis of Whoopi's comments - very spot on.

• Love 7

The victim shaming going on concerning the women coming out against Bill Cosby makes me so angry. I shake my head every time I see or read about someone doing it especially when it's women. I want to post more about this but don't want to clog up the show thread so I'm going to make a similar post with more detail in the Small Talk thread.

One woman lied therefore no woman can ever be believed again. And, I suppose, if one man ever lies then . . . oh, wait.

• Love 9

Whoopi--stop lecturing us. Who "ran up on" you? Where? If that happened, it's not cool, but I don't think scores of people are going to "run up on" you. You didn't need to lecture and scold the audience and viewers because of one rude person. SHUT UP!!! I hope she gets tons of tweets telling her what an idiot she is. 

• Love 11

What's the point of inviting guests to the show if you don't want them to speak?

Keke OBVIOUSLY was coached by Sherri to talk over everyone & spew BS, how she got the job playing Cinderella is very questionable, of course the show hired Sherri so enough said......

• Love 3

backformore, that is a brilliant, well said and cogent statement of what was missing from this discussion on The View and a vision of an opportunity missed.

What a great couple of shows your concept would have been!

Agreed!!  Would love to see you send this to Bill Wolff!

• Love 3

Ya know.... all this talk from Rosie P made me wonder..... when she was a struggling actress.... did she have any run ins with the "casting couch"??

Not that I'm implying that she "slept her way to the top", but did she ever get offers that she turned down...... was she privy to that type of attitude from back in the day?

Its a shame that we can't ask her directly.

So, from the people who actually got to watch the full HotTopics today, what I gather is Rosie O sat back and let the other three co-hosts from last Thursday try to save face from their views.  I would have done the same thing if I was Rosie O; for four days we got to see how much backlash Whoopi, Nicole, and Rosie P got from their comments in regards to the Cosby case, their flip-flopping of supporting him but not supporting him b/c we don't know if the the women are telling the truth based on facts and time and other cases that involved consensual sex and comparing that to rape.  Rosie O basically hung those three out to dry after giving them every chance that day to explain their comments.  I guess it's true, you reap what you sow.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 12

What's the point of inviting guests to the show if you don't want them to speak.

See, I wonder what's the point of inviting guest co-hosts period.  I don't think they need five voices although they do seriously need to replace someone with an articulate under-35 woman .  And I think you all know who I mean by someone.  Maybe a woman who doesn't shout and scold her audiences?  

I will say I did enjoy Keke schooling the self-described Dinosaur on the subject of "Why kids today don't download entire albums."  Simple - because very very few artists put out cohesive albums like back in the day.  Thanks to RO for reminding me of album cover art and liners.  Oh the good old days.  :-) 

Other than that, her opinions seemed ignorant to me.  I'm glad the co-hosts corrected her about the dog statement but when she said she hoped the allegations against Bill Cosby don't, "tarnish his legacy"  they just let that stand!  Or I should say, Whoopi let that stand since she seems to be in control of who gets to speak. Sorry Miss Keke but Cosby tarnished his own legacy.   

• Love 6

Whoopi and Cosby are alike in many respects. They're old school. They worked hard, succeeded in a white man's world, and now they (think they) get to make their own rules. But times have changed and they haven't kept up. You cannot chastise your audience or interviewer and expect that public opinion will be on your side simply because of who you are or once were. You cannot demand respect, you earn it . . . and can lose it pretty easily.  

• Love 20

To me they just came off worse than Thurs. I'm glad Ro just sat there saying nothing. There's nothing for her to say, we know what she meant and she knows we know by being silent like she was. Whoppi came off like a bully who thinks she's better than us viewers. She's so ignorant, what kind of 'proof' are these rape victims to show? She pissed me off so bad today wagging her damn finger at us 'viewers' I flipped her off! I never want to hear that Keke woman's voice EVER again

• Love 16