Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: I'm Coming Home To You

Cranberry

Why are we assuming that Rayna sold Deacon out? IF she tells him before the story comes out and explains that it was to protect their horny teenage daughter from being outed in a national publication over making out with her soon-to-be stepbrother, I think he will be okay. And no, there was no time for her to strategize how to get him not to do it. He's on a deadline and probably has to turn in that story within a day or two after the weekend. 

From next week's previews of Luke blowing up about her wanting someone else all this time, it seems as if she told the story of a deep albeit doomed love that is going to exacerbate any insecurities he already has about them.

Maddie needs to get a grip. She knows her parents would not approve of her messing around with what's his name and they are too young to be dipping in that pool. If they were 18 or adults it might be different, although some people might still find it kind of percy, but at 14, forget it, my dear.

So glad Avery is coming around. I think the fact that Juliette has behaved relatively maturely during their interactions but still has some spunk, Emily's admission that she's scared and him hearing her sing that beautiful song brought him to his senses.

• Love 1

I'm sorry, but the lyrics to that song make Layla sound like she's moved on from bunny-boiling to "Hey, Will, come see this nifty new knife trick I'm thinking of adding to my act!" I mean, really? "Bleed out this sorrow you put in me"? This is not going to end well.

Why are we assuming that Rayna sold Deacon out? IF she tells him before the story comes out and explains that it was to protect their horny teenage daughter from being outed in a national publication over making out with her soon-to-be stepbrother, I think he will be okay. And no, there was no time for her to strategize how to get him not to do it. He's on a deadline and probably has to turn in that story within a day or two after the weekend. 

From next week's previews of Luke blowing up about her wanting someone else all this time, it seems as if she told the story of a deep albeit doomed love that is going to exacerbate any insecurities he already has about them.

Maddie needs to get a grip. She knows her parents would not approve of her messing around with what's his name and they are too young to be dipping in that pool. If they were 18 or adults it might be different, although some people might still find it kind of percy, but at 14, forget it, my dear.

So glad Avery is coming around. I think the fact that Juliette has behaved relatively maturely during their interactions but still has some spunk, Emily's admission that she's scared and him hearing her sing that beautiful song brought him to his senses.

I was thinking the same thing after seeing the promo. Also, I would like to think Rayna will go to Deacon, as you suggest, to discuss her decision. I'm also sure Deacon will understand why she had to do it. I would turn my back on Rayna because of this.

Why did Rayna come back from the Rolling Stone interview acting like she was victimized. Grow up, Rayna.

I know. "I feel like I need a shower." ??? Why, because she threw Deacon under the bus or because it's just so horrid to talk about the man? I'm just not getting her right now. RS IS a big deal, but she could have set some ground rules with the reporter at the outset and avoided most of the turmoil she created in her weekend off. I hate Luke, but I don't blame him for being ticked at her. And don't get me started on her shaming of Maddie after being found kissing Colt. Colt is not her brother, Luke and Rayna are not married, and she was in her own home. Rayna's the one who had to drag the reporter along to witness the event.

I'm curious about what she said to the reporter. It felt to me like some scenes that should have been there ended up on the editing room floor due to the time constraints of a bloated cast. I never heard the reporter even ask about Deacon, though that should have been one of his first questions when talking about her musical history. And spoilers had him badgering Deacon, though there was only the one phone call. 

At this point I hope Deacon tells her to take a hike if she actually dares to come back to him. And I hope he points out to her just how different she is since the accident and her father's death. It's time for her to take her head out of her @ss.

Worried about Deacon and his health, love the scenes between him and Scarlett though - and that he kept hollering for her to do things for him. Missed a Deacon/Maddie connection in this episode. Just showing that they're texting during Luke's weekend of family fun would have been good. Can't imagine that she wouldn't want to see/talk to him after he's been gone all this time.

Glad to see Avery coming back to Juliette. Those two really work together and her smile when he wrapped his arms around her in Lamaze class was stellar.

Micah/Gunnar/Kiley/Zoey - what a mess - the sooner this storyline is over, the better. Scarlett and the homeless guy drives me nuts. It really does feel like a Magical Negro storyline, with him helping Scarlett get her groove back. I'm glad it's happening, but I'd much rather see Gunnar be the one to bring her out again.

Layla's song was great and I was happy to see something of a different genre too (and more music overall last night was awesome), but I just can't buy this story at all. WHY are they still together?? WHY is the creepy producer so excited to blackmail a couple of little-known artists for a crappy TV show? Why not just get a divorce and be done with it? Will would be much more interesting in a story about being a closeted gay man in Country Music, maybe one with a real boyfriend too.

Far too many cast members and too little time spent on the main characters and relationships - its driving me batty.

• Love 5

Why did Rayna come back from the Rolling Stone interview acting like she was victimized. Grow up, Rayna.

The way she came back looking like she was going to throw up and had been crying made me think she had to go down on the interviewer in order for him not to run the incestuous soon to be step-siblings story.

• Love 3

For real. It was like something out of Law & Order: SVU.

But I have to confess I liked the stuff afterwards where they took their "vows" and danced. It made me wish they were a real, viable couple.

• Love 1

Don't even get me started on her selling Deacon out behind his back.

I think I missed something.  I keep reading Rayna has sold Deacon out and betrayed him.  I thought she was telling the reporter about her and Deacon's prior relationship.  I didn't get the impression she was going to spill the beans about Deacon, but if she did, doesn't AA teach to be accountable for your actions?  I doubt she would talk about the time he was passed out and hit her.  Although she should have checked with him first, I don't doubt that Deacon would have agreed to protect Maddie.  I do think she should have beelined to a phone and warned Deacon before going in to Luke. 

The bad: Rayna. Lots of bad choices here. And Connie Britton seems to be "phoning in" her performance lately. That scene with Luke in her bedroom was just awful.

Strangely, when they were dancing at the end, it's the first time I felt even a hint of connection between them.

Rayna was so horrible tonight. Shaming and blaming her daughter for negative publicity- when Rayna had just ruined the family's special weekend by bringing the guest reporter-  was beyond the pale.

I think I may be a contrarian.  When everybody loved Rayna, I couldn't stand her.  Now that she's getting trashed, I feel protective of her. Good Lord, for the first time I'm going to defend Rayna.  I don't think she shamed Maddie - the girl sat there like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.  Legs crossed, nose in the air, and defiant, no blushing, no embarrassment.  I think if Maddie had displayed even a flicker of realizing there was a problem, Rayna would have gone softer.  Maddie has been treated with nothing but kindness, love, and support as she continues to act out.  It's about time someone came down on her.  The fact that Rayna ruined their weekend does not justify anything.  As usual, Daphne's weekend was ruined as well, yet she isn't acting out. 

I have absolutely no problem with Rayna having a problem with Maddie being intimate with what's his name.  When I was Maddie's age, if my mom had walked into a darkened room and caught me making out on the couch - there would have been hell to pay.  And the fact that this kid is going to be Maddie's step-brother has disaster written all over.   It would be no different from letting her boyfriend live in the same house as her (during Luke's visitation).  I see that Luke's daughter is going to be marginalized, just like Daphne.  I vote for what's his name leaving, and Daphne getting more screen time.

• Love 10

Anybody else think that Rolling Stone is going to publish the story about Maddie AND the stuff about Deacon?

No. They made a deal. I know the press can be scuzzy and untrustworthy, but RS is a legitimate magazine - not the type to do this. Plus, the deal fits in with the context of the show's storyline. Rayna will say she did it only to protect Maddie, Deacon all of a sudden only cares about Maddie, etc., etc...

I feel Rayna was being fair with Maddie. If my mother caught me kissing a guy in the house at 15, she would have grounded me. Maddie has to realize that being the child of a star, and the daughter of the mayor of Nashville, she is going to be in the limelight. In truth, I don't believe a magazine like Rolling Stone would care too much about a 15 year old kissing a boy and I don't believe they would say anything about incest because it isn't incest.

No idea why Micah was introduced and I am hoping it will be a way for Zoe to be gone and for Scarlet and Gunnar to sing again. Clare Bowen has the most beautiful voice.

I know Juliette has a lot of fans on this thread, but I think the character needs to gain maturity. She is always bitching and whining at someone and no I don't think Rayna needs to drop what she is doing because Juliette sent her some tracks. Juliette is needy right now because she is pregnant, but when she isn't pregnant she treats everyone pretty horribly including Emily and Avery. I don't hate the character, but I feel a lot more for Rayna who I think is trying to be successful and still take care of her family.

Layla has a pretty voice and I think they don't know what to do with her and Will. I hope they both can move on and have success but I am worried she will hurt Will because she feels so betrayed on every level.

• Love 3

I think I missed something.  I keep reading Rayna has sold Deacon out and betrayed him.  I thought she was telling the reporter about her and Deacon's prior relationship.

It probably has more to do with Deacon thinking this is some sacred, life altering, earth shifting, all encompassing love that only comes one in a millennia and Rayna treating it like a commodity.  I don't think she sold him out, either, but I don't know what she said either.

• Love 1

It probably has more to do with Deacon thinking this is some sacred, life altering, earth shifting, all encompassing love that only comes one in a millennia and Rayna treating it like a commodity. I don't think she sold him out, either, but I don't know what she said either.

I think the implication of what she said was pretty clear. She began with something like "I'll give you the story of Deacon Claybourne." It seems to me that's a story the press would have wanted for years.

Deacon turned down the reporter who called asking him about his personal life with Rayna. He specifically asked if the interview would be about their professional or personal lives. That says how Deacon feels about his personal relationships being used for profit. Given that they've been famous for decades, I don't believe Rayna doesn't know how Deacon would feel about that. She didn't give him the option of privacy. She didn't even ask. She just made the unilateral decision to give away their personal story. Can she? Sure. She knows the details and can give them up. Should she? I don't think so. That's an asshole move, especially given that she and Deacon had such an intimate and seemingly important relationship for so long. And he's her child's father. I'd expect more loyalty than that. Not to mention that this came from the woman who protested answering personal questions for the fact-finders during Teddy's mayoral run. In my book, there are some things you just don't do, and selling out the people you love is one of the main ones.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

I have the memory of a gnat, but I know that Deacon has given interviews about his personal life before.  Wasn't he sleeping with a journalist doing a feature on him in the first season?  And he, Rayna and Teddy went on GMA to talk about the fact that Maddie was his daughter.  So it's not like he's lived like a hermit this entire time.  I also don't think that you can say that Rayna was doing it for a profit.  If she went into the weekend with the RS reporter ready to give him all the deets about her and Deacon as soon as he walked in the door, then that would be one thing, but she revealed whatever she revealed because she thought it was the best way to protect her daughter.  Now, that was probably the wrong decision to make, but it's done.  And now that it's done, you'd think that she'd give a heads up to both Deacon and Luke, but apparently she doesn't, because that's too much like right.

• Love 1

I guess I find it farfetched that there's anything in that relationship that didn't go public years ago.  As stated above, they already went public on GMA. They were a public couple, singers/song writing duo, and lovers for - what - ten years?  Deacon looked to be a sloppy drunk, so everyone in his vicinity over those years would know his business anyway.  I haven't paid enough attention to Rolling Stone to know their viewership, but typically only country music fans care about country music singers. 

Now if it turns out that Rayna did throw him under the bus, I'll change my opinion.  I just think we may be skating too close to the co-dependent protect the alcoholic thing, that Rayna's already done for too long.  I really like Deacon, but I tire of the "poor Deacon" sentiment.  Hopefully Deacon has owned his mess years ago.  When you're a public figure and you go on GMA, it's really hard to step back and complain about invasion of your privacy.  And unfortunately, Maddie made a mistake in outing herself - definitely airing your dirty laundry in public - and the three parents followed suit by telling the world.

I know it's a fine line between beating Deacon over the head about his alcoholism, and keeping it secret to continue to protect him.  That can become very toxic.  Sometimes you really need honesty to keep things healthy.  After Loretta Lynn wrote her second book, which revealed her husband had been abusive and had abandoned her and the children, their twins were outraged.  That wasn't the perfect daddy they knew.  But that was Loretta's life, why should she continue to lie to protect him?  Ultimately this obviously fiction and only my opinion.

• Love 1

I'm not talking about Deacon's alcoholism at all. That hadn't even occurred to me, and my guess is that everyone knows Deacon drank. I'm talking about their relationship: details, what all the famous songs were about, why they were written, when, how Maddie came to be, how painful their breakups were, what their relationship was while she was married to Teddy, did they have a physical affair, did they have an emotional affair, why did she marry Teddy if she was pregnant with Deacon's baby, does she still love him, why aren't they together now, etc. In our culture today, we treat celebrities' lives as commodities and entertainment. They aren't real people to us; they are characters in a media creation. Some (many) of them buy into that and seek fame based on it, but some try very hard to guard the intimate details of their lives. That only works, though, if both people in the relationship can trust the other not to spill the details. Until now, I got the impression that Deacon and Rayna were both pretty protective of their personal relationship...because they loved and respected each other, out of respect for Teddy, to protect Maddie, whatever. Rayna broke that agreement (spoken or unspoken) when she told the reporter she'd give him the story of Deacon. It's not the story of Deacon the drunk; it's the story of Rayna and Deacon, the people, lovers, friends, confidants, musical partners. That's the salacious "lifestyle piece" an entertainment reporter wants. And that Rayna would do something like that, no matter the reason, to someone she just a few episodes ago claimed to love is gross. Some celebrities do that kind of crap (Jennifer Aniston/Loretta Lynn), and some don't (Meryl Streep/Martina McBride/even Connie Britton herself), but it's not a requirement for success. Shirley Temple waited until her parents died to write a book about how they took all her money. Yes, celebrities can sell out their families, etc. and it happens a lot. But I'm certainly not going to admire it. Why shouldn't Loretta Lynn have sold out her crappy drunk of a husband? Because it's hurtful to people she claims to love and because her personal relationships should not be where her celebrity is rooted. That's voyeurism, not entertainment.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

The most unrealistic part of this episode was the pristine vest Terry was wearing for selling The Contributor.  Those are dirty as all get out.  If they really wanted to go all the way, he'd be in a wheelchair and try to cross the street right as the light turned green, ostensibly hoping to get hit.  But yeah, there are a bunch of homeless people here, so they did get that part right.

Edited by kia112

I loved Layla's song, it reminded me of Joni Mitchell's work which I love.

I am hoping that the song, Don't Throw Dirt on My Grave, wins song of the year and that Avery and Juliette will start making music together again. It would be an organic way of drawing them closer.

• Love 2

I just KNEW that the Rolling Stone reporter was going to get up on his high horse and say he couldn't drop the stuff about Maddie kissing her future stepbrother due to journalistic integrity. But notice how fast he was willing to drop it once Rayna offered him something else. Yup, all that integrity.

For the record, I know more than one couple who started out as stepsiblings and ended up getting married, but they were all older than Maddie and Cole when their parents met/married.

I was pleasantly surprised that all the kids were happy and getting along at breakfast - even Maddie! And Sage was totally normal! I am sure the writers will make Sage totally bonkers when they run out of turmoil in the Wheeler/James household. At least for the time being, Daphne finally has a sibling who pays attention to her.

When Deacon kept coughing throughout the entire episode, I tried to figure out what disease the writers are to give him: The Super AIDS, cancer, liver damage from all the drinking, ebola, dengue fever?

I am sure that Maddie is going to be livid about whatever Rayna said about Deacon.

I was really hoping that Kylie would leave and take Micah and Zoe with her.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

After previous episodes I thought that Rayna's personality change was down to bad writing. Now I am not so sure. Do they want us to hate her? Either way they are turning her into a sociopath who without a second thought sells the love of her life/father of her child down the river when she knows that privacy is important to him (and was to her until she became a fame whore). She wasn't even pressed into doing it. Unless she thought that Deacon would be ok with it because she was protecting Maddie? Dunno.

I really can't square this Rayna with the woman in season 1/beginning of season 2 who was happy to scale back what she was doing careerwise for the good of her children. She doesn't need the money now (she inherited from Lamar's estate I thought?) so it's all about the fame. This is inconsistent characterisation, I suspect because someone on the show thought it would be great to show Rayna and Luke as a celebrity power couple. Clearly that hasn't worked because it's been unpopular with the audience and R/L have no chemistry. So now they're showing Rayna committing monumental act(s) of hubris after which she'll go back to Deacon. But the question is why would Deacon want her after all of this? Unless he's a total loser. He should go back to Pam, Rayna isn't worth it.

Things I liked:

The final Rayna/Luke scene because you could really see Rayna start to crumble. Although if this is in order to put her on the road back to Deacon I can't see how he could say yes without losing all self-respect. Except he may have lost that already.

Juliette and Avery.

The Scarlett/Terry performance - actually all of the music this week.

• Love 1

I want to stick up for a couple of characters.  First, Zooey.  She gets dumped by her best friend for dating a guy that said friend is no longer dating.  She tries to help said friend when the latter is having a meltdown on tour, and is rejected.  Zooey's boyfriend always has something more important to do than be with her or support her.  Then, she finally gets the job of her dreams and is fired for, essentially, being a hero when Juliette can't perform.*  Now her boyfriend expects her to be the housekeeper, nanny and chauffeur for his newly-discovered son while he pursues his career.  Ugh!  She deserves better.  

*Note on backup singers saving the day:  People aren't calling out Juliette hard enough for firing Zooey.  I recently saw Stevie Wonder on tour, and during one of his old songs he was so overcome with emotion that he literally started crying at the piano and couldn't keep singing.  So a young male backup singer (who had a beautiful voice and sounded eerily like Stevie) stepped up and sang the lyrics until Stevie could get it together again.  After it was over, everyone applauded the backup singer including Stevie.  THAT IS HOW TO BE A CLASS ACT, JULIETTE.  TRY IT SOMETIME.

Another character I want to defend is Layla.  I suspect the show is going to make her cautionary tragedy-meat (the perils of fame-seeking!  and reality TV!  and hasty marriage! and being young and immature!)  But I loved new Layla and the scene where she and Will were getting along, I loved her song, and against all odds I hope that something good happens for her.  She was, after all, very young and inexperienced and immature when she fell in with Will, and he lied to her.

Can't defend Rayna this episode.  I do applaud the show for showing us the heroine's feet of clay and making her more complex.  But it would have been better if the show had emphasized a bit more before Rayna agreed to the RS interview that she now owns a record label where her artists largely depend on her for their futures, so it wasn't just her own tour that she was promoting.  She does have some responsibility for the people she signed as well.  

So Deacon has Ebola or something?

• Love 3

Far too many cast members and too little time spent on the main characters and relationships - its driving me batty.

This to the Nth.

I want to stick up for a couple of characters.  First, Zooey.

I like Zooey, but feel very sorry for the actress.  The role had potential, but they've turned her into plot device after plot device.  The girl has a beautiful voice and, someone recently described her look as ethereal which I find to be very fitting.  So far Zooey has been a no-win role.

• Love 1

Juliette doesn't have the kind of belief in herself that would allow her to acknowledge that Zoey probably saved the show, or at least the performance of the song. It's annoying and immature, certainly, but it's also absolutely in character for Juliette to feel threatened by someone else's talent and ambition. Her drive does not come from a place of security.

• Love 7

In addition to being in character, Juliette firing Zoey (is that right? please don't be mad at me) was unprofessional. And I agree that she has been a good friend and good girlfriend. 

But we always knew she was in the way of Scarlett and Gunnar. So, like Luke and Pam, her role cannot stay as it is. She's just been around longer. 

The second Lamaze class was mentioned, I knew that's how Javery would get back together. It reminds me how everyone is boring compared to Juliette. Honestly, with how badly the writers are handling this show, my best suggestion would be to retool this as the Juliette Barnes show. No matter what horrible crap you write, HP will spin it into gold. Everyone else can be supporting characters: Deacon as her hard-luck bandleader; Rayna as her self-centered label head; Maddie as a little sister figure who runs to Juliette for advice and the number of a good abortion doc; Scarlett and Gunnar as her songwriting team, and Zoey becomes successful and new It Girl, and, best of all, Juliette's Enemy. That way the writers can't screw it up too bad 'cause Hayden will always be around to save it. 

• Love 8

I don't think it is Deacon at all who is going to have an issue with the revelations in RS:  it will be Luke.  How do you think Luke is going to react to a RS cover story about Rayna and Deacon:  The Romance Finally Revealed!  The Love Child She Hid from Him!  The Ecstasy and the Despair!   I think that will lead to the inevitable breakup.  The fact that the writers are giving us Lovely Luke is a good clue that he will be off our screens soon. 

• Love 1

Does Juliette need a gay bestie? Will could balance out Zoey's It Girl/Frenemy in Midru's new iteration of the show, and it might get him out of Jeff Fordham's & Layla's orbit (and by "orbit," I mean "vortex of suck." Naturally.)

SO... I know I said Avery was irredeemable this time....but.... I cant help it! I instantly forgave everything when he showed up. I just want JB to be happy. I really hope everything with the baby ends up ok. That being said, I still kind of wish they had gone with the adoption plan, because as much as I love these two, they are by no stretch of the imagination capable of parenting a child. 

Also, can Emily have more scenes on this show please? I love her. in 10 seconds per episode she has more personality and charm than Zoey has in a season. 

Edited by hqtextbook
  • Love 1

The fact that the writers are giving us Lovely Luke is a good clue that he will be off our screens soon.

JJJ - What do you mean with that comment?

I agree with you Luke will be very angry and will react in not a good way because the RS story will totally be about Rayna and Deacon's relationship through the years and that they were in a relationship before the accident. "The Romance Finally Revealed"

I was confused when Avery took the crib he bought to Juliette's.  Since he doesn't plan on getting back together (yet), he needs the crib for his home.  I picture Juliette going the route of many successful singers ....... the oval gold-plated baroque crib with canopy.  Ostentatious and over the top.

Sutton -- I meant they were taking us down tge road of thinking Luke is no good for Rayna, so we would be happy to see him go. But by recasting him as a good guy, they are setting him up to go away. Playing against our wishes.

• Love 1

Totally agree with the Luke misdirection. I can't stand to rewatch the old episodes to figure it out, but there were several moments early on that convinced many people that Luke Is Evil. Since then, I have viewed all the nice things he's done as a big fake out as we wait for the evil to reveal itself.

Problem is, the worse Rayna gets, the less I will care whatever bad things Luke might do to her. Honestly, he's seeming to be a much better boyfriend and parent than Rayna lately, and that will not contribute to Luke's evil turn at all. They have really screwed this storyline up IMO. In the last several episodes we have received exactly no clues as to his real deal, motivations, past, etc. If they were really setting this up, this fallow period should furnish several clues that pay off when finally points the gun at Rayna's head. The only momentum they have right now is Rayna is a selfish girlfriend and he might lose the CMAs. Weak sauce.

Love Will as the new gay bestie on the Juliette Barnes show. He could explain Avery's mood swings to her! Other men tempt her but she tries to Stay True! Glen and Emily could be having a Secret Affair! Rayna pulls one of her fast ones, where she pretends she's being so noble but she's really just being selfish, and costs Juliette lots of money! Maddie runs away and wants Juliette to adopt her! Or at least take her on tour...

Edited by Midru
  • Love 2

I like Zooey, but feel very sorry for the actress.  The role had potential, but they've turned her into plot device after plot device.  The girl has a beautiful voice and, someone recently described her look as ethereal which I find to be very fitting.  So far Zooey has been a no-win role.

Totally agree.  I'd like to see her have her own backstory and arc (if that's the right word).

And I now have a huge crush on Emily. She is the sweetest, nicest person. It would be great if she could date another character or find another way to be more involved. Would it be incestuous for her to date Glen? He's probably too old anyway. Deacon would just break her heart. Gunnar would be perfect, but he's got his hands full.

Emily should date Derek Hough's character.

• Love 3

You know, if Luke really is s Good Guy looking for true love and family and bacon breakfasts, he totally should connect with Emily, because they would be good support for each other. Unlike Rayna.

• Love 2

Agreed that Zoey has had some of the worst writing on an increasingly poorly written show. I want to complain about her plot but really, she doesn't have one. She gets stories for each episode but they barely tie together. I know we just had a time jump but Zoey was on a tour two months ago where she had a potentially breakout moment. Why is she sitting at home doing laundry and complaining about Kiley? Why isn't she working? Was there fallout from her moment in the spotlight? We will never know because the writers don't seem to see Zoey as a character but as a moving part in other character's plots. Its got to suck for Chaley.

In general, the writing has become more and more frustrating. There is no consistent world in Nashville and without it, the show isn't grounded. Luke Wheeler is supposed to be the Luke Bryan/Blake Shelton type, except the show has had Luke Bryan on and has name dropped Shelton. Rayna went on a rant about how there are only two women in country music right now and I assumed she meant herself and Juliette, except Scarlett keeps writing songs for Miranda and Carrie, so are Rayna and Juliette non-entities? Why is H65 only worried about Edgehill and vice versa? Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert don't seem to be on either label and they're big deals both in the real world and on the show. Its just so jarring for Tom Bergeron to call Rayna James the queen of country music and then name drop actual country stars two scenes later. 

Plus Scarlett was put through PR boot camp last season, but somehow I'm supposed to believe that Rayna has no idea how the media works, doesn't understand her clout or how to engage a reporter in a natural way? Its like the writers just keep pushing forward and the facts of the story so far don't matter. It's very frustrating. 

• Love 3

Derek Hough can't have a long shelf life so I vote against him for Emily. And Luke just has an abuser in hiding vibe to me, so not him either.

Gunnar is age appropriate and a good guy, but she would just be plot device #3 - S1 Hailey and Zoey being 1 & 2 and sacrificed to Scarlett's Vortex of Doom.

Teddy is not age appropriate, but at least Emily isn't a hooker and it doesn't seem like they know what the hell to do with him anyway. Teddy works.

• Love 4

I know that people want Rayna and Deacon back together again but yeesh, Deacon is just so lovesick/mopey all the time. Yes, they were in love for a really long time but move on already! I'm not even sure they would live happily ever after together anyway - it's like what Deacon said about road life not being the same as real life. The two of them in a secret relationship in their 20s & 30s, isn't going to be the same as them in a public relationship in their 40s & 50s. They were very different people back when they were together.

I see Micah getting sick /diagnosed with something where it will be revealed that Gunnar is not his father.

• Love 1

I don't think there was anything secret, about the R/D relationship, in their early days.

I don't think they flaunted it, or, tried to be the Super Couple, publicly, I think they both valued their privacy. At the same time, I think it was well known, that they were lovers.

I would love to see a storyline, where they both acknowledge, that they still love each other and want to give it another shot.

Could they make it work? With their history, there should be enough drama to keep viewers watching, to find out. Connie and Chip have amazing chemistry. They could easily sell it, but, can the writers write it?

• Love 1

Why shouldn't Loretta Lynn have sold out her crappy drunk of a husband? Because it's hurtful to people she claims to love and because her personal relationships should not be where her celebrity is rooted. That's voyeurism, not entertainment.

On the other hand, celebrity can bring attention and dialogue to an issue that people are often secretive and ashamed about.

I would love to know more about Emily, but I don't want her to date someone we already know, and I think there are too many characters already for another one to be introduced, so perhaps they could just mention her personal life (and by that I don't just mean romantic life) on occasion until the cast thins out a bit.

• Love 3

Luke Wheeler is supposed to be the Luke Bryan/Blake Shelton type, except the show has had Luke Bryan on and has name dropped Shelton.

Luke is older than those guys.  I see him more as Toby Keith.  Macho swaggering dude waving the American flag.

• Love 1

I, personally, would find it, just A little too, "mature adult, reasonable", to have my ex husband, officiate, at my wedding!

That would be, just a little too weird!. But, maybe that's just me

Edited by pattycat