Type keyword(s) to search

House Of DVF - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thank dawg Kier didn't win.  Insufferable twit.   Gums, garish make-up and implants.  Perfect blogger.  (And what was all that pouting of seeing her fellow bloggers and having to seat them like she's the help?  Um girl, you *are* the help!)

Brittany was the best choice of the lot.  Hope she dials back the bitchy entitlement.

Amanda's the nicest of the three. Not sure whether that's an actual compliment. However, she didn't quite fit in with the DVF brand.

Brittany would be the most successful brand ambassador out of the three. I don't like her sense of entitlement either. I smiled when Jessica and Stefani expressed disappointment over Brittany winning. I get the DVF is the head honcho, but I think I'd pick the candidate who will work the best with those who will manage her.

But that's just me.

Kier's a legend. In her own mind.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

That was the best send off from Diane to Kier.  To see her smug smile disappear was the best.  Brittany was the right choice especially seeing how she worked at the fashion.  She looked in her element while the other two seemed more star struck.  Looks like Jessica won too because she gets to work with Brittany during her year long contract.  I'm shocked they showed Jessica complaining about Brittany winning.  Then they show Stefani saying if Brittany returns to being a bitch (or something along that line) who knows what will happen.  I'm thinking Jessica and Stefani are going to be working to bring the bad Brittany out.  Of course maybe their complaining was just to add drama to the show.  I was hoping for more Michael at the fashion show.

Man, Jinna was not trying to hide how she felt at all, which was both totally unprofessional and hilarious. "If Kier wins, I WOULD DIE."

Also hilarious was Brittany talking about Kier being unprofessional and how you DO NOT talk to people like that. Really, Brittany? Like the way you smirked at Jessica and told Kier that you would have physically attacked her? Pot, kettle.

On a related note, great job capturing the footage of what really happened between Kier and the bitchy model, E! camera crew. We heard it because she had her mic pack on but apparently it was too hard to actually point the camera at her.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Slightly surprised that DVF didn't offer Amanda a consolation prize, some other job; she did that much for two other girls whose names I've already forgotten.

And yeah, in a month or two Brittany will be over her grateful delight and the bitch will be back.

• Love 1

Was this the first mention of the one year contract? I swear I'd heard nothing about that before this episode. That's the first concrete piece of information we've had about this "competition."

Of the three, Brittany was the right choice. If they chose Kier, she would always be looking for a way to put herself forward and be in the spotlight, and she would constantly be in contentious relationships with everyone around her. If they chose Amanda, she would require a lot more babysitting and encouragement. Brittany, though a bitch at times, has demonstrated over and over that she can think and work independently and proactively, she knows how to act in front of the people who matter, and she knows how to handle her business. You know what they say, "act like you've been here before." That's what she did at the fashion show.  And if you ask me, Brittany is the most like DVF, Stefani, and Joanne, who have all been bitches at one point or another during this show.  Personally, I think DVF chose her because she's the least likely to embarrass herself or the company.

And what was all that pouting of seeing her fellow bloggers and having to seat them like she's the help?  Um girl, you *are* the help!

I get what she was saying. She felt as if she'd gone from being a peer and having status as an invited guest to being a faceless employee with no status. Although in her shoes, I would've felt I had one up on the other bloggers because I got to be part of the inner workings behind the scenes.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

This show is so weird.  The rejections are so brutal. 

Diane:  'You are wonderful! You have grown so much! I really loved what you did today....It's time to say goodbye.'

Contestant:  'Thank yo--! Um, what?'

Diane: 'Yeah, you gotta go.' 

This entire contest was strange strange strange.  Every time Diane said a contract for 'one year' the contestants still standing visibly shrank down, like they didn't like hearing how frickin' temporary this winning will all be.

Best part!   Yea, it's a one year contract out of the LA store.  Lenore and Tiffani might actually have it better.

I'm shocked they showed Jessica complaining about Brittany winning.  Then they show Stefani saying if Brittany returns to being a bitch (or something along that line) who knows what will happen.  I'm thinking Jessica and Stefani are going to be working to bring the bad Brittany out.  Of course maybe their complaining was just to add drama to the show.  I was hoping for more Michael at the fashion show.

I think that was all drama for the show.  Gotta work up interest for S2!

I get what she was saying. She felt as if she'd gone from being a peer and having status as an invited guest to being a faceless employee with no status. Although in her shoes, I would've felt I had one up on the other bloggers because I got to be part of the inner workings behind the scenes.

I get what Kier was saying as well.  What Kier isn't getting is that's how it's going to be.  Brand Ambassador isn't a management position.  She's going to be 'the help' next year too if she got the job.

• Love 1
Thank dawg Kier didn't win.  Insufferable twit.   Gums, garish make-up and implants.  Perfect blogger.  (And what was all that pouting of seeing her fellow bloggers and having to seat them like she's the help?  Um girl, you *are* the help!)

Brittany was the best choice of the lot.  Hope she dials back the bitchy entitlement.

Last week I was certain Brittany was the wrong person for the job because of her temperament. But, her behavior at the Fashion Show proved me wrong. She didn't try to throw Amanda under the bus when the models were out of order. She just stepped in to gett'er done. It was very mature and professional. So I stand corrected.

Amanda is the nicest of the three... but, she may be too soft, sensitive and a tad immature to deal with the likes of Jessica. I kind of got the feeling the reason Jessica was pushing so hard for her had less to do with Jessica sincerely liking Amanda and more to do with how easily Jessica could control Amanda. Amanda revered Jessica... whereas Brittany had been disrespectful. I do think Jessica will do her best to undermine Brittany whenever possible. 

I too am thrilled Kier came in third... what arrogance for her to tell Amanda the race wasn't even close. Really?! So mean and rude. Amanda and Brittany were so happy to see the other contestants and glad that their friends would be part of all the excitement. OTH Kier was happy to see them because she wanted gloat. Again, Really? I think the average person might think something like that, but most people would keep that nasty stuff to themselves. 

Diane made the best decision for her company and didn't base it on her staff's "personal" feelings. That's what smart business people do. So suck it up Jessica!

Edited by 40Love

When did Diane meet the families?  I know I haven't watched from the beginning but I thought I caught all the episodes

Diane explained that she had a positive feeling about Brittany right from the start—even before she knew that Brittany was part of the Brand Ambassador program!

"The first time I saw Brittany, it was at the DVF Awards at the United Nations," Diane said. "She was beautiful in a long red dress and she was giving the awards out and I thought, 'Who is this pretty girl?' I didn't realize that she was one of the candidates because that was the first time I met all of them. She made a very good impression and I watched her from afar because I felt that she was the most equipped and had the most experience. Then after I met her mother and grandmother, I knew I had made the right choice. Her gramdmother came from the Philppines all alone with six kids, started a sewing business, does philanthropy and is an amazing woman. It's in her genes to work and I knew when I met the other women in the family that I had made the right decision."

http://www.eonline.com/shows/house_of_dvf/news/608659/diane-von-furstenberg-dishes-on-hiring-dvf-global-brand-ambassador-brittany-hampton-i-knew-i-made-the-right-choice

So "global brand ambassador" equals "no-name, backstage grunt for a year (until season two - Heaven help us - identifies your replacement?????)."

Whatever.

According to Brittany, this is her role:

"Representing the company, I will be traveling the world," she said. "Going store-to-store, selling it to girls, making the brand a lot more youthful, and bringing in the younger generation."

Could be worse.  At least, she won't be selling her eggs for travel money.

The celebrity stylist won many over with her polished demeanor and sharp style, while others (among them members of Diane Von Furstenberg's team) were slightly apprehensive of her slight edge and occasional shift in attitude, but she managed to prove herself to the entire DVF crew over the course of several weeks and numerous fashion and style challenges!

So that's what that was.

Hey, glad someone finally spelled it out for those of us who sat through this tripe and still didn't know.

;)

Turns out Brand Ambassador is kinda like Spokesmodel.  Or Tradeshow Booth Babe.  I had to hire a couple of people for a company event once - the agency called them 'activators'.  I think Wal-mart calls them 'greeters'. 

Saks has an opening for a BA - pays 48K$ so maybe Amanda can bronze her way over there.

• Love 2

Turns out Brand Ambassador is kinda like Spokesmodel.  Or Tradeshow Booth Babe.  I had to hire a couple of people for a company event once - the agency called them 'activators'.  I think Wal-mart calls them 'greeters'. 

Or, if you were/are a SATC watcher....the booth bitch.

From the runway show I saw a few dresses I thought were cute, but I am sure I can't afford DVF runway stuff. The clothes they were always trying to sell in the retail stores looked kind of stuffy and too 'socialite' for me. I am a regular person, if anything more of the Tiffani type with ink and a bit of an edge. Silly pantsuits would not look good on me. A wrap dress, maybe.

Even though I know Naomi Campbell is still considered a supermodel, when I saw her and Diane together I definitely saw Naomi is starting to look her age, and not so 'ageless' like she used to. Bitchy is starting to wear her out. It also strikes me as weird she was involved, since the rest of the models were all like, teens probably.

Man what I would have given to have actually seen what Kier tried doing to that model. I would have laughed if the model had gotten so furious she refused to do the show because of whatever it was.

Edited by fliptopbox

Or, if you were/are a SATC watcher....the booth bitch.

From the runway show I saw a few dresses I thought were cute, but I am sure I can't afford DVF runway stuff. The clothes they were always trying to sell in the retail stores looked kind of stuffy and too 'socialite' for me. I am a regular person, if anything more of the Tiffani type with ink and a bit of an edge. Silly pantsuits would not look good on me. A wrap dress, maybe.

Even though I know Naomi Campbell is still considered a supermodel, when I saw her and Diane together I definitely saw Naomi is starting to look her age, and not so 'ageless' like she used to. Bitchy is starting to wear her out. It also strikes me as weird she was involved, since the rest of the models were all like, teens probably.

Man what I would have given to have actually seen what Kier tried doing to that model. I would have laughed if the model had gotten so furious she refused to do the show because of whatever it was.

I've always gotten the same vibe from DVF clothing that I do from Diane herself: Eurotrash.

Yes, I know Diane comes from a good background and all, yada,yada,yada....I'm just saying, something about her clothing just seems very garish and cheap to me, with the sexed-up silhouettes and weird fit and bright colors/wacky patterns, which many a European nouveau riche fashionista loves. Same with the Herve Legere bandage dress.

What separates DVF from the similarly Eurotrashy stench of Versace/Donatella Versace is that Versace was embraced by Hollywood on a grander scale---you just don't see DVF pop up on red carpets nearly as often as Versace, and the House of Versace tends to vary the styling of its clothing a bit more.

Plus, Versace makes a point to reach out more to a more youthful, vibrant and eclectic clientele, such as with Lady GaGa being one of their recent campaign models.

DVF, I dunno, it just seems too locked into the sexy wrap dress legend, along with the Eurotrash slant. No one under 35 seems to be too into the brand, as far as I've seen in my years as a fashion-follower.

• Love 1

I never thought Michael Kors stuff would appeal to the teens/early 20s but it does now.  Guessing it's because of project runway.   Maybe this reality tv stint will do the same for DVF.

BTW - there's a lot more to DVF than caftans and wrap dresses. 

Missoni is another one of the Eurotrashy fashion houses, but they've used some of the younger members of that family to reinvigorate the brand in recent years with publicized appearances and getting their names in social magazines/events, which is a brilliant idea.

Maybe DVF saw what Missoni was doing and thus the idea for a televised "brand ambassador" search was born.

Edited by Sun-Bun

Also from the E! article:

"When I met these girls on film and got to know them, I was only supposed to give one job," Diane explained. "I ended up giving three jobs! Lenore is working for wholesale because she is such a good salesperson. She could sell ice to Eskimos! Then little Tiffani, who looks like a mini Angeline Jolie, she works at store headquarters and she's there every day. They're all good girls, they work hard and they care. We are family. I love these girls."

I wonder why she thought Lenore would be better in wholesale than in a retail store? I wish she had offered Kier and Amanda a job. I would like to have seen their reaction.

I don't know if it counts as Amanda "beating" Kier just because Kier's dismissal was announced a few minutes before Amanda. I think the way DVF announced it was for drama. It wasn't a second runner-up, 1st runner up situation. It was a two people lost and one person won situation.

Edited by sleepyjean

I love that Barry Diller appeared in the show with the title of Diane's husband because that marriage is super strange by modern conventions. Almost no one had lavender marriages anymore and especially not people as rich and powerful as him. He's her best friend. Gay, but barely closeted. They live in different parts of the city. And a billionaire who would rather leave his money to his female friend and her kids than his own family.

• Love 1

I love the classic DVF wrap dress. I have a few that I will never part with. However, DVF's quality has gone down and the prices have gone up so if I see a cute dress or top, I won't purchase unless it's on super sale. I

Also from the E! article:

I wonder why she thought Lenore would be better in wholesale than in a retail store? I wish she had offered Kier and Amanda a job. I would like to have seen their reaction.

Because she doesn't think Lenore is polished enough for high-end clientele?

Season 2 has been announced - Apply now!

http://vpe.tv/houseofdvf/

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG IS LOOKING FOR SMART, DRIVEN AND HARD-WORKING WOMEN WHO APPEAR  20 TO 25 AND ARE  INTERESTED IN LEARNING THE INS AND OUTS OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY ON E!’s HOUSE OF DVF. 

This coveted position allows to travel the world living the jet set life, represent the DVF brand at cultural happenings, store openings, premiere fashion & events and contribute to philanthropic endeavors. It is an amazing experience, a once in a lifetime opportunity, learning everything from design, marketing and PR from a visionary and powerhouse designer! 

We’re searching for bold and business savvy young women, who are sophisticated and polished with a great sense of style, and ready to learn. 

Applicants must be ambitious, creative and posses a passion for the fashion industry!

APPLY NOW AT: DVFcasting.com

In class, we were sharing where we are (or are going to be) interning and a couple of my classmates said they were looking for fashion house internships.  I almost shouted: HOUSE OF DVF !

I was certain that after this show aired that DVF would fire everyone responsible for the idea and then never speak of it again. How could I be so wrong?

ETA: I did not see the word EFFORTLESS anywhere in that announcement!! I thought EFFORTLESS was the DVF mating call? 

Edited by PityFree

I was certain that after this show aired that DVF would fire everyone responsible for the idea and then never speak of it again. How could I be so wrong?

ETA: I did not see the word EFFORTLESS anywhere in that announcement!! I thought EFFORTLESS was the DVF mating call? 

I hope they retool it for S2.  

I agree about EFFORTLESS - maybe Diane was afraid the applicants would confuse it with no effort (i.e.: yoga pants!).

An article about the S2 casting:

www.refinery29.com/2014/12/79533/house-of-dvf-casting

I'm excited.  Trying to get my cousin to apply.

I agree about EFFORTLESS - maybe Diane was afraid the applicants would confuse it with no effort (i.e.: yoga pants!).

Or with not just with how they're supposed to dress, but with what they're supposed to do.

Like last season.

Guess she'll have to find a new trope; the whole, "Gee, maybe I shouldn't have done this/won't do it/let's call the whole thing off" bluff every other episode will be even LESS credible after she invites it all to come BACK.

Maybe they'll actually cast it better.

Oh, whom am I kidding? They cast it perfectly for an E! Show, just not for a D! V! F! Show. If anything, DivaF will be lucky to do as well wrt her options this time around; especially now that they've seen that there are "conscession" prize jobs that, for some applicants, may outweigh becoming the DiVaF Grand Nacho Supreme, there'll be all sortsa games being played. And I cannot wait.

I never dared to dream there'd be another season; I just filed this one in the bin with Gallery Girls, Long Island Princesses or whatever, Ralph Lauren's Daughter and Her Less-Attaractive-But-More-Capable Friend's Hour of Nepotism and Burritos, etc., that would only ever give me one season of that special kind of joy that, in turn, yields too much shame to admit to anyone IRL that I'm aware of it, let alone count down the minutes until I can watch it each week. Thank you, Teevee Gods. Of all the prayers I've made to you, it's an odd one to pick, but I'll take it: the Teevee lords do work in mysterious ways.

Only, given who won last time and the kind of behavior she got a pass on, why would anyone even consider acting like a respectable adult on this show?

Edited by Julia

Ralph Lauren's Daughter and Her Less-Attaractive-But-More-Capable Friend's Hour of Nepotism and Burritos, etc

I will see you and raise you Rich Girls. I will NEVER forget Jaime (or was it Ally?) sobbing on the phone to her dad about how stressed out she was while sitting out at the pool.

• Love 1

My ipad won't let me paste the url, but look up NY Daily news piece from last week - a little artivle about the new season.

Barf. Looks like The First Brand Ambassador is going to "coach" the new crop of hopefuls. Also, it promises that the new crop is older and more mature than first season. I'm curious to see what they really are!

I just saw the first ep of S2 on accident, because I'd forgotten I'd set the DVR (madness? In need of toxic brain candy?) to record it when it came around again. It worked well as get-me-through-my-abs-exercises fodder. And the premise seems more interesting this time around, though I did wonder, with all their East Coast and West Coast...what about the Midwest? I don't care that some girl from Michigan traveled to New York. 

But see, yelling at the TV helped pass the exercise time, so I guess I'll keep recording it.

I'm a n00b at creating new topic threads so I'll just leave this here for now.

• Love 1

Ha, good to see that the tasks are just as ridiculous this season. So the final candidates were chosen based on taking pictures on ipads backstage at a fashion show and choosing one outfit for Rachel Zoe? Okay then.

Man, am I going to have to see Brittany all season? I saw more of her than I wanted to in just this episode alone so I hope I'm not subjected to her all season. I will say that she looks a lot better now. I don't know what Diane's team did to her after she won last season, but everything about her looks softer and more polished.

Despite Diane saying that Maytee has a joie de vivre, I think that Maytee actually has a very negative suspicious personality for even considering the possibility that Chantal was faking being sick as part of some master plan. Yes, because the way to endear yourself to a new employer is to puke.

I am still undecided on the other girls. I guess I have to give Cat some credit for just walking up to Anna Wintour under the guise of asking her a question for DVF's website, but something about her reminds me of Britta on Community so I spent the entire episode waiting for her to Britta something.

I thought I would find Cree annoying with all of her "I'm psychic" business but I had to laugh when she revealed that she knew Breagan was a libra because of her tattoo and then added, "But I'm still psychic." Ha!

Not to sound like one of those bitchy girls on reality shows, but I think Hanna Beth might not be here for the right reasons. I don't think she would be opposed to getting a job at DVF but I think she's mainly here for the publicity so she can promote her blog and her clothing line. I thought it was hilarious and cute that Diane's son in law knew who she was though. Diane's granddaughter was smart to say that having a girl with a following might be a good idea. I laughed when Diane said that Hanna Beth will be trouble.

I was shocked by how clueless some of the candidates seem. What kind of an idiot thinks to bring 5x7 photos of her husband to a job interview? And her explanation is that he's a huge part of her life. No shit. You're married to him so he SHOULD be a pretty big part of your life. I totally laughed when Stefanie said, "You know this is a job interview, right?" I remember ages ago my old company was hiring a receptionist and one girl included photos of herself in a bathing suit (which prompted our HR person to ask, "What kind of company does she think this is?"). I had the same WTF feeling about her as I did about the girl with the photos of her husband. Then there was the girl with the themed "wowfits." Uhhh, no.

On the flip side, it's unbelievable that Leigh was the only girl in LA smart enough to show up in a wrap dress. Diane is right though - she talks too much and doesn't always make sense, but I chalk a lot of that up to being 20. Alli from the valley has a very specific style bordering on gaudy/tacky, but I figure if Diane was able to improve Lenore's style then she can do it with Alli too. Step 1: confiscate all her chokers.

Chantal kind of annoyed me when she kept mentioning that she was doing this for her mom to show her appreciation for all she did for her and to show her that she raised her well. It's like the opposite of all the people who go on tv and then say they're doing it for their kids. Just admit that you are a famewhore and stop using your relatives as an excuse to be on tv! But I did feel sorry for her when she got sick at the fashion show. You can't help when you are ill and I know that if I had a once in a lifetime opportunity like that, I would have dragged my sick puking ass there too.

Can Christian Louboutin come hang out at my house and tell me what he thinks about people?

• Love 4

I'm in for another season, even though I think I'm going to loathe everyone, and the uptalking and vocal fry are going to make me claw my ears off. I love Diane and I love how she sells it, even though you just KNOW she knows the whole thing is a farce. You go on with your bad self, Diane. You're a goddess.

• Love 5

As much as I hate Cat and hope for some karmic payback (LOVE how she talked over Jessica while saying that Leigh talks over people), I fear she will turn out like Brittany and actually win with her abrasiveness being mistaken for assertiveness.

But I also don't understand why Leigh and Cat had to be together the entire time. Or why Leigh kept hugging her. Why. Why. Why.

• Love 2

I'm not sure which of these ladies I'm rooting for ... yet.

Even though I set the DVR with an extra minute, it cut off right in the middle of Jessica dressing down Cat as Diane overhears. Did I miss anything substantial before they did the preview for next week?

I should like Hanna Beth, but I haven't decided on her. Breakups suck, but leave that drama at home. Maybe I'm insensitive? ;)

I don't think that's you being insensitive. This show is essentially a long job interview, so leave any personal stuff at home. I know breakups suck but don't let that be what keeps you from getting a job! I almost burst out laughing when they revealed that her ex is Chris Zylka. I was like seriously? The guy from The Secret Circle who's like 30 but somehow keeps getting cast as a high school student? When I googled him to make sure I was spelling his last name correctly, the first article that came up was about their breakup. Apparently they were engaged (they dated for four whole months then were engaged for about a year) and then the shit hit the fan. He posted on instagram and twitter that she was a backstabber who is also a cheater.

I couldn't believe what a dingbat Maytee seemed like at the beginning of the episode. She couldn't come up with one coherent sentence about what she's learned about DVF so far? I mean, to be fair, I don't know how much anyone would learn while walking around backstage during a fashion show taking pictures on an ipad, but that's besides the point. Like I said, this is a long job interview so at least have some positive things to say about the brand. I love that Stefanie didn't give a shit about her crappy "I'm so blessed to be here" and cut her off, asking, "But what did you learn?"

And I love Michael telling the girls that Diane knows what her brand is so they shouldn't just take pictures of her products and present them to her (ha, even though that's EXACTLY what they had the girls do at the fashion show).

Cree talks too much and that's before you take into account that most of her talking is about auras and metaphysical crap. I don't know how long Diane will put up with that. Ha, but she gets bonus points from me for saying she just wanted to get in bed and watch the Spice Girls. Cat is a hypocritical bitch for saying that she would never cry at work and then trying to out Cree to Jessica. STFU! It is not her place to do that. Talk about unprofessional.

The interesting thing to see how much makeup many of these girls wear and how different they looked when they were working on their project together. Hanna Beth almost looks like a different person. Alli looks so glam with makeup but she still looks cute when she goes more natural. I laughed when Stefanie said that Alli is taking a risk by being herself. Ha, she knows that these other girls are being fake as hell to try to impress Diane.

I felt bad for Leigh because she was in a tough spot. When you are a polite person who was raised not to be an interrupter/overtalker and you are with an overtalker/interrupter, your choices are: (1) be polite and let the other person keep talking (2) be just as rude and overtalk like the other person. But I did love that she was questioning Cat's everchanging story about her great great great grandfather's name/portrait being in the Arc de Triumph (HA!) because he was a general or soldier in Napoleon/s army. Cat also needs to learn "You are so suspect" is not the same as "You are so suspicious."

For someone who comes off as so confident, Cat has a hard time taking any kind of criticism or correction. She was obviously pissed when Jessica told her that one of the dresses was called Catherine, not Cathy). She is also so rude. Interrupting is so fucking rude. I was getting annoyed listening to her interrupt people for an entire episode. I couldn't believe that she had the nerve to (1) interrupt Jessica and (2) accuse Leigh of interrupting other people. As if she would let Leigh ever get a word in edgewise!

The design project seems really fun. I like that this season each girl gets to do her own. I hated last season when they had to do that in groups.

On a shallow note, Diane's apartment in Paris is gorgeous.

edited because "to" is not the same as "too"

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

If Cat is Brittany 2.0 this show is dead to me. I loathe her and I loathed Brittany last season. Cat is mean. I laughed so hard when she interrupted her own dressing down. Oh Cat. The kind of behavior displayed was completely unprofessional. And that scene in the bar where she was telling Leigh all about her shortcomings? Get over yourself, honey.

Was there a reason why they couldn't split up at the press event? Leigh should have peeled off on her own. That would have been amusing, watching Cat twist herself into a pretzel, trying to keep her own guy on the hook and trying to horn in on Leigh's interaction as well.

I don't know if I can take another season of these stupid, self promoting, substanceless creatures. If we don't have a sweetie like Lenore to keep me grounded I won't be able to bear it. Shallow and spiteful is no way to go through life.

• Love 3

I randomly caught one episode last season and forgot all about the show until last week. I think I'm going to stick around this season. It's a shame DVF didn't keep the single mother from the LA interviews. I liked her.

When it comes to Team Cat vs Team Cree, I'm Team Neither. Cat is a bitch and Cree is a weirdo. And of course thanks to Unreal I'm even more vigilante about sniffing out reality show bs I think production pushed Cat to bring up Cree's "secret" (that she said on tv anyway). It doesn't absolve Cat who was just ridiculous on that Paris trip. I'm hoping Diane sees through Cat's "confidence" and realize that she's full of crap. I liked Leigh for being suspicious of Cat's family history. Did she really live in France for seven years or did she have a layover in a French airport for 7 hours?

But I need Leigh to get a little confidence and speak up more.

• Love 1