Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Today was enjoyable!  I loved, loved, loved, Chad and EJ's scenes.  There was some creepy, uneasy music playing in the background during some of it that was really well done.  Usually the music on this show ranges from mediocre to terrible, so I notice when it's good!

Is John going to pretend it was Kristen that whacked him over the head?  If so, bravo, sir!  I'd love to see her squirm and for him to use his newly-awakened brain for some decent manipulating.  It would work perfectly with what someone mentioned up thread about John protecting Theresa as the lesser of two evils in Brady's life as well.

The writing isn't doing Will any favors for sure, but the actor is really bad.  However, I'll take him over Abigail, Ben, and Jennifer any day. 

Are Irish Setters the dogs that will eat basically anything? I had a friend whose dog ate the remote control, keys and place mats. The dog was so accustomed to getting x-rayed that it would hop up on the x-ray table himself.

This is so damn funny.  I was still giggling about the dog thinking, whelp, here we go again . . .

ok this is a bit off topic but I thought everybody might wanna know that Freddie Smith (Sonny) was in a pretty serious car accident today and apparently he was DUI and speeding when it happened. He only has some minor injuries but his girlfriend (who was in the passenger seat) is in critical condition. Here's the link to the article if anybody wants to read it:

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/article_0f29671c-4e47-11e4-a1af-2f99987192ca.html

... when I read this.  So sad.  Hopefully his girlfriend will be ok. 

• Love 2

The Chad/EJ scene was the one that Billy Flynn thought was he best?  I thought it was awful.  Chad came across as petulant and  EJ was just pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic, Will ...

Wow, I saw it totally different. I thought Scott was on the top of his game and Flynn did an excellent job. Too bad they are ships passing in the night because an ongoing brother vs. brother feud between EJ and Chad would have been delicious to watch. Oh well, today only underscored what DAYS will lose with EJ and Sami's exits.

• Love 4

I too loved the EJ/Chad scenes - can see why Billy Flynn loved those scenes - was interesting to see Chad get emotional when EJ mentioned Lexie (of course I had to watch those scenes on Youtube because that was the moment that our stupid weather people decided to break in to tell us it was raining) - I do think that everything he said to EJ was true.    It is too bad that James Scott is leaving - it would have been nice to see more scenes like yesterday's.

What's up with Will's ugly shirt?     Although I do hate that once again Abigail is the innocent victim - some of what he said to Sami was true.

Brady, Brady, Brady - why are you so dumb when it comes to women?     Please don't fall into Kristen's trap again & stay away from Theresa while you're at it.

Am interested to see what John has to tell them - be interesting if he somehow blames Kristen for almost killing him instead of Theresa

It was actually nice to have a day with no Abigail, Dr. Tan or Jen

• Love 2

You sound like you have watched a long time.

I've been watching this show my entire adult life. And, despite it's awfulness, I'll probably keep watching until they finally cancel it. <SIGH>

• Love 4

I forgot to also add I don't know why JJ was obligated to tell Paige about Jack and Kayla's past with working together or whatever. Why did she need to know this? It sounded so stupid and writers were really shooting themselves in the foot with that nonsense. Paige acts like she knows Jack personally or needs to know cause her teenage mommy who's 50 going on 15 use to be with him. Should JJ snoop around in Eve's past and ask Paige why she didn't tell him that her mommy was a hooker? I really don't understand Paige's logic with needing to know. 

• Love 3

Different strokes, I guess.  I thought it was brilliantly done.  Billy acted circles around James.  Easily.

I thought so, too. BF was pretty good, and JS was just...I don't know, I just can't take him anymore. That squinting while pursing his lips thing he does? I don't know what it's supposed to convey, but I'm fairly sure I'm not supposed to laugh at him.

What was up with Eric's hair? 

Is there any chance that someone, anyone, will speak up for Jack? Jennifer does, but that's not enough. Where's busybody Adrienne when you need her? 

And finally, eff you, Sami, for comparing Sonny to EJ. That might hold water if Sonny had previously raped Will, kidnapped Ariana, and spent the past several years stalking and harassing Will and his family, but he didn't. If Sonny were to cheat on Will, or intentionally hurt him in anyway, it would be an anomaly, not the norm. That's the kind of thing you can forgive.  But cheating was just the tip of the iceberg where EJ's concerned. It's pretty sad that Sami ignores that. 

• Love 4

I too loved the EJ/Chad scenes - can see why Billy Flynn loved those scenes - was interesting to see Chad get emotional when EJ mentioned Lexie (of course I had to watch those scenes on Youtube because that was the moment that our stupid weather people decided to break in to tell us it was raining) - I do think that everything he said to EJ was true.    It is too bad that James Scott is leaving - it would have been nice to see more scenes like yesterday's.

If I were hazarding a guess, Flynn likes those scenes for the same reason I do. We got to see a range of emotions from Chad and BF has found a nice groove vis-a-vis JS. Good stuff. 

Is John going to pretend it was Kristen that whacked him over the head?  If so, bravo, sir!  I'd love to see her squirm and for him to use his newly-awakened brain for some decent manipulating.  It would work perfectly with what someone mentioned up thread about John protecting Theresa as the lesser of two evils in Brady's life as well.

Whatever needs to be done to save Theresa MUST BE DONE. I'm quite reasonable on this topic.

I don't normally advocate parents striking their children, but at the very least I wish Sami would give that little shit a nuclear wedgie.  Amazing how EJ is the Devil Incarnate, now that Sneasel doesn't need somebody cleaning up his criminal messes, protecting his daughter, or getting a high-paying job for doing squat - and not taking revenge for being blackmailed.  I'm not saying that EJ is any kind of a saint, but he DID help Sneasel out a lot - and Sneasie had not trouble hitting EJ up for a job, an apartment, and a car, as I remember.  Seems to be that EJ was quite the guy in Sneasie's mind at that time.  

And we've heard how EJ DONE SLAPPY WRONG AND SHE IS BLAMELESS so often it shouldn't bug me as much but it still does. 

Item #10,796 that bugs me about this story: Sneasel never once came to Sami's aid. He's angry with EJ because of Abigail. He typed out that article because of Abigail. He's yelling at Sami because of Abigail. This rodent needs a time out. Sami saved his baby mama. Sami offered him 100% support and love when the Gabi impregnating news hit. Sami broke into police headquarters to save his lame ass. Sami is his mother. The very least Sneasel could do is offer her a little support when she's made at her cheating husband and at least an "I love you no matter what" when she opts, as an independent adult, to forgive her husband. Even Eric managed that. Yesterday's episode has me praying that Sonny cheats on Will. Praying. Cheat with anyone. Just cheat. 

While I'm on a Sneasel rampage. This wheel runner hasn't done sweet FA to help Lucas either. Lucas is a convicted felon and yet all Sneasel can manage is to voice the occasional "guilt" on the topic. It makes him feel bad to know that Dad saved him from two years in juvenile hall and an expunged record. How about writing an article on that topic? Just wait, as soon as AS and JS depart Sneasel will start looking elsewhere to deploy his familial judgment. 

ETA: Finding a grove seems .. odd.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 5

Just wait, as soon as AS and JS depart Sneasel will start looking elsewhere to deploy his familial judgment.

I have wondered who Will be agitated with when Sami isn't around. There's really no one for him to latch on to as an object of distaste. Nonetheless, good luck to you, Lucas.

The conversation between Sami and Nu-Chad was kind of dumb, but I did think Sami had a weird (good) chemistry with Nu-Chad. Her eyes were doing that interesting vintage Sami thingy where her blue eyes light up. I'm not sure if everyone is excited to act with Nu-Chad, because he can ACTUALLY ACT, and therefore his shine is making everyone else shinier (or maybe it was the red dress?) but it was interesting to see how they were vibing off each other. 

I thought EJ and Nu-Chad vibed well off of each other too, although I did notice the height difference. Nonetheless, I was impressed that Nu-Chad managed to seem commanding (well, before he started blathering on about Abigail -- geez,  even conversations about that chick seem to make  guys look oddly stupid) despite probably being 5 inches shorter than EJ and potentially less broad-shouldered. I think EJ's eyes do look oddly squinty lately, but I'm not sure if that's a contact lens problem. In real life, JS seems to wear his glasses more often.

Why is Jennifer acting smug with Teresa when that article about Abigail is out there? I'd keep a low profile with people at this point in time. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

his absolute HORROR at what EJ has done seems to know no bounds.

Let's see, off the top of my head - EJ forced Will to be his pawn by using his homosexuality against him and made gross insinuations about what would happen if he went to prison for attempted murder, raped his mother at gun point, replaced her husband with an impostor, had her raped again multiple times by proxy, tried to steal her kids, and spent the last eight years being nothing but a nasty piece of shit to her and her family. Will was apparently fine with all of that because he was supportive when EJ and Sami got engaged again. But "hurting" The Mistress? Oh no, that is THE WORST. Will can get past all of EJ's many many many crimes and misdeeds but "manipulating" or "forcing" Abifail to bang him is just too much. Now EJ is a monster and Sami is stupid for taking him back. STFU you worthless excuse for a son. 

• Love 7

It’s more like the writers ignore that.  They reference Sami shooting EJ in the head, and EJ kidnapping Sydney, but Johnny’s conception and Fake Rafe NEVER get mentioned.  When Sami and EJ were arguing about Kristen raping Eric, EJ got to bring up Austin, but Sami didn’t get to say anything about EJ raping her or having Fake Rafe rape her.

Sami had it right when she visited EJ in jail, and told him they didn’t have relationship worth saving.  As much as I detest Sami getting back together with EJ, I despise EJ and his poor me attitude, and Slappy the happy home wrecker, and the free pass they are getting more.

Chad was right on the money when he told EJ he destroyed his own life.  EJ did this, and he deserved to lose everything.  In the past when Sami or Nicole had a chance at happiness, and would shoot themselves in the foot, they lost everything.  I hate that the Dimeras NEVER EVER pay for anything they do.

I like the idea of John making some kind of deal to help Theresa because she is the lesser of two evils.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

I like the idea of John making some kind of deal to help Theresa because she is the lesser of two evils.

Yes, I like this too. Especially when he remembers that he shoved her down before she hit him.  And then after Theresa is free and clear, I want Theresa to DUMP BRADY'S ASS because not only is he dumb, he's an asshole as well and Theresa can do a LOT better.

In the real world, Theresa would be stepping over men throwing themselves at her feet, desperately trying to win her affections. Girl is flat-out stunning and she could be the biggest bitch in the world and men would still want her.

• Love 7

Marlena is insufferable.  When she was outside John's room demanding Teresa go into John's room immediately I realized that the character is again lost.  When John was away and then in the coma, she was quite pleasant.  I remembered that I used to really like her.  Now:  "you're going to make Jawn wait?????" like he was the f...g Queen of England in the middle ages.   

• Love 8

Marlena is insufferable.  When she was outside John's room demanding Teresa go into John's room immediately I realized that the character is again lost.  When John was away and then in the coma, she was quite pleasant.  I remembered that I used to really like her.  Now:  "you're going to make Jawn wait?????" like he was the f...g Queen of England in the middle ages.   

It's crazy to me how NOTHING matters to her but John. At the expense of her own children, her work, her friends, Of course, he still comes in second to Marlena because that's what it means to be a true Narcissist. She's an awful person - the worst one on the show as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone keeps hoping that Sami will wake up to what EJ really is and dump him, and while that would be nice, my REAL secret fantasy is that Sami goes to Marlena before leaving town and tells her that she was the world's shittiest mother, she wants nothing more to do with her and she declares that Kate is her True Mom from now on.  And then she kills Marlena.

• Love 8

I've watched this show since before Marlena came on it.  What is really amazing is that she was totally likable when she was new.  She had fun romances.  She had a successful and active professional life, and the romances were balanced with that in a healthy way.  She married Roman and then became a wonderful stepmom to Carrie.  She was a breath of fresh air.

Then came the Dimeras and the kidnappings and everyone "died" and was recast and came back to life and the plots made no sense and now she's not attached to anyone but Jawn and it blows.

• Love 5

In the real world, Theresa would be stepping over men throwing themselves at her feet, desperately trying to win her affections. Girl is flat-out stunning and she could be the biggest bitch in the world and men would still want her.

Yes, this. She and Nicole need to start a club, or at the very least have drinks. 

• Love 3

It seems as though all Marlena does now is follow John's directives, like she's his servant.  Extremely bizarre.

I loved the conversations between Caroline/Sami and the Eric/EJ because it felt as though Sami finally had her family on her side and actually listening to her.  I particularly liked how emotional Sami got when she was explaining how she and EJ forgave each other--AS has been outstanding in this storyline.

As always JL's Theresa is a treat to watch--the actress brings a three dimensional humanity to her character that's rather impressive,.

• Love 6

Look at that Jackass sidling up with Kristen! What a douche. I bet John ends up blaming Kristen. Don't know how.... But I bet he will. Can't wait to see douche-pants face then.

• Love 3

I thought so, too. BF was pretty good, and JS was just...I don't know, I just can't take him anymore. That squinting while pursing his lips thing he does? I don't know what it's supposed to convey, but I'm fairly sure I'm not supposed to laugh at him.

I'm so glad he'll be off the screen soon. Acting opposite of BF really showed how bad he has become.

• Love 1

OK, I'm gonna need a lot more of that sexy Dimera henchman.  And I'm gonna need a WHOLE lot more of Clyde.  James Read is killing it! He's scary and cool and sexy and just what the show needs for a villain. NuChad is awesome too.  FINALLY, some really interesting people in town.  It's about effing time.

I was totally laughing at Kristen's crazy faces waiting for John to spill his guts.  I definitely think John is gonna blame Kristen and good on him.  Smartest move he's made in a long time.

It seems as though all Marlena does now is follow John's directives, like she's his servant.  Extremely bizarre.

And it's the way she says them too. She's all HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY JOHN'S ORDER, YOU PEASANT!!

• Love 5

EJ didn't deserve that hug from Caroline. 

Of course that shitbag EJ asks Will not to say anything mean about precious Abistank. Wouldn't want to hurt her little fee fees. 

I'm not a fan of what the writers are doing to Sami/Chad. They may not have been super close but they were always friendly at the very least. EJ isn't worth this. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

STFU RoboMar, "I think you should go." Did Yawn tell you to get Kristen out? and Dan nobody asked you either. Mar that whole keep him waiting bit, please like he's somebody special. If I was Theresa I would have said, "It's not like he's going anywhere anytime soon." Then would have excused myself and told her I had to go to the bathroom and just stay in there and then quietly leave. (That would make me look guilty as hell, but won't be ordered by RoboMar).

Goodness Yawn, could you drag anything out even further? All this dancing around what he wants to tell everyone was just nauseating to watch. I wanted Theresa to knock his ass right back out again.

Dan & Kristen are sickening. They take so much pleasure in seeing people panic or be miserable just so they can go all, "Told you so" in the end. Those two really deserve each other and Dr. Dirt is another dumbass. For someone that doesn't like Kristen he sure as hell likes having her in his house and standing so close to her in Yawn's room.

What's with everyone trying to protect Jar Jar Binks? Don't write about her in the article, it's just absurd but people must think that Salem is really stupid if they can't piece it together if Chad talks about his brother's betrayal and mentions a woman. All people have to do is link the women that Chad has been with before leaving Salem. Did EJ, Will, Chad, Jenn, JJ, Kayla, BOllie, & Dr. Dirt start a Jar Jar Binks Protection Agency or something? OMG and SMDH. It just makes me loathe AbiFail even more.

• Love 4

Chad was great today, love him telling Sami how it really is. She blames Chad for what EJ's done? "Because of you Stefano thinks....." You mean because of you Stefano knows the truth. It's not what Stefano thinks, it's what EJ did. And he's right, Sami wanted revenge and got everything rolling and yet she's blaming everyone like always. Kate, Chad, Stefano. Then telling Chad that EJ's big bad and Chad's out of his league? lol Yeah Sami, all EJ does is whine over you. 

• Love 3

Chad was great today, love him telling Sami how it really is. She blames Chad for what EJ's done? "Because of you Stefano thinks....." You mean because of you Stefano knows the truth. It's not what Stefano thinks, it's what EJ did. And he's right, Sami wanted revenge and got everything rolling and yet she's blaming everyone like always. Kate, Chad, Stefano. Then telling Chad that EJ's big bad and Chad's out of his league? lol Yeah Sami, all EJ does is whine over you. 

Yes, I was all for Sami having revenge on EJ and Abby, but Sami can't go back now and claim that the resulting mess is not of her own doing.  Once again, we have another Salem resident who refuses to take responsibility for his/her actions.  I think Sami admits to some of it, but cry me a river, girl, you did light the fuse.

LMAO over her trying to scare Chad with pitiful EJ and how he will blink him to death.

• Love 2

I'm so confused by Brady's stupidity I can't even process anything else -- not even Abigail and how much she annoys me! His stupidity is taking over my entire attention span during the show.

John should pin the fire poker incident on both Brady and Kristen. Separate jail cells is the only thing that could keep Brady from allowing Kristen to endanger him and his family.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Good Dog, how long are they going to drag out this John remembrance thing?  Will we see it by next week?

Should we take bets that it will be Friday? Tomorrow's show will be John asking for a priest and a rabbi and a student nurse and Anne the HR rep and Maxine, all before he can do his big reveal. I'm gonna enjoy watching Marlena march around the hospital demanding that people get to John's room IMMEDIATELY. Poor Theresa is gonna have a stroke waiting for the reveal.

• Love 7

Theresa needs to kill John, Kristen, Marlena and Brady, and get away with it.  Then Brady's smarter long lost twin brother needs to come to Salem (stranger things have happened on this show) because EM is pretty, but Brady is literally to stupid to live.

I get it writers.  Sami is horrible for being angry she was cheating on, and doing something about it.  Sami is the bad guy.  Now she is back to being EJ's doormat, EJ will ruin her life again, and it will be all Sami's fault for not being a well behaved Stepford Wife.  Give up you morons.  I'm not buying what you are trying to sell.  I'm beyond pissed that Sami has been sacrifice for EJ.  I think EJ is going to disappear and leave Sami to face the wrath of Stefano on her own.  Why else did EJ tell Will to protect the boring twit, but EJ doesn't give a damn what Will writes about Sami.  EJ does not care about Sami at all.

Kate and Sami had two great SLs (toss Nick in the water, and revenge) going in the last year, and idiot Corday and the brain dead writers ruined both of them.  Kate and Sami were the best couple this show has seen in years.  Kate and Sami do not need anyone to save them, rescue them, protect them.  In the last two years, Sami shot Silvio and Bernardi to save Rafe, and Kate and Sami threw Nick in the river.  That's mild compared to the previous 20 years.  I hate how Kate and Sami have been watered down to try and make Stefano and EJ look so terrifying (major eye roll).

• Love 3

Yes they totally trashed Sami's potentially cool exit story for the same stupid fucking bullshit she's been putting up with from that scumbag lying ass husband, worthless mother,ungrateful asshole Mr Rogers wannabe son, and a deranged piece of trash Jar Jar Binks lookalike. What did Alison Sweeney ever do to the powers that be to have this plot?

The actress and character deserved a fucking rad exit where she completely ruined the Dimeras (something Bo, Jawn, Gasplena, ect never accomplished) and left town in style.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 8

If John doesn't point the finger at Kristen tomorrow, I will scream.  The smug looks on Kristen and Dan's faces are just too much.  They must be headed for a fall, right?

I wonder if EJ's continual Abigail propping is really Corday punishing James Scott for leaving Days.  It makes no sense that EJ would give a shit about Abby.  He doesn't care about anyone but himself, so there's no way in hell that EJ would think twice about a weird looking bore like Abby.

Speaking of bores, Will needs to move to backburnerville.  I can't wait for Chad to school that dumbass about a few things.

And I'm gonna need a WHOLE lot more of Clyde.  James Read is killing it! He's scary and cool and sexy and just what the show needs for a villain. NuChad is awesome too. 

Once he drops that Podunk accent of his, I'll be right there with you.  Especially if he unveils his true voice in some sort of a dramatic Friday cliffhanger that reveals he's not the man Tammy Sue and Ollie thought he was.

• Love 6

I don't think my expectations were very high for AS  to have a great exit. Or I wasn't necessarily expecting anyone to pay great tribute to Sami, because I don't think those kinds of things happen on this show (i.e even when Jack left the first time, when the writing was actually decent, I think he simply walked out the door and I don't think we ever saw him again until he came back in the shape of that other buff guy). 

But I'm a little surprised that the lead-up to EJ's death (and whatever happens to Sami as a consequence) has been weirdly UN-suspenseful, given that the show is desperate for ratings and to stay on the air. Granted, we all knew they were both  leaving, but still.....exits from other shows have been done in suspenseful ways even when you know the actor is out the door ahead of time (well, I think anyway. Or at least the exits aren't done in such disjointed ways). 

Maybe I just hate Stephano too much to ever take his side, but by now I don't think he should really be surprised that EJ has double-crossed him (if you can call it that. Stephano isn't nice to his kids, so I look at it more as getting even rather than double crossing). People have laughed at EJ (and Sami and Kate) for not understanding how Stephano operates. But by the same token, shouldn't Stephano get by now that maybe EJ just doesn't like him as much as Sami and his kids? This is not the first time that EJ has tried to get out from under Stephano's thumb. Why is he acting like he can't believe EJ would do this to him? He's all huffy and puffy on the phone and I'm like "Dude, really, you're surprised?"  I think the essence of EJ's character is selfishness when it comes to fulfilling his needs and wants, especially when he's not feeling loved by the woman in his life, BUT, I do also think he's more likely to choose Sami over Stephano.....because, really, why would ANYONE want to choose Stephano? Heck, didn't Chad (when he was taller and had really bad hair) choose Abigail  (or her opinion anyway) over the Dimeras? I don't get why everyone is reacting as if it's so weird the stance that EJ is choosing to take. When Chad discovers his love for Abigail again while he's trying to get revenge on Ben or whatever, he'll probably be double-crossing Stephano too.  Abigail is a bore, but I'm sure her boringness is preferable to hanging out with Stephano. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Well wasn't this just edge-of-your-seat tv today?  Waiting for Jawn's BIG SECRET to be revealed, watching Marlena round everyone up like a School Teacher Dominatrix (I have no trouble imagining Jawn and Doc playing spicy dress-up games involving blow-up dolls and dairy products...), Dan, Kristen, Brady, Theresa, and now Roman, standing around his bed, while Jawn flares those nostrils, narrows those eyes, does his best to stretch his neck to distract us from the turkey wattle.......WHAT WILL HE SAY??  WHAT WILL HE DO??  

Ten to 1 all he does is let a giant one rip - Lord knows he's been waiting to do that since he woke up.  It's his best parlor trick.  And it just makes Mar swoon!!

But all kidding aside, because this is SERIOUS business!  Serious, I say!  A knock on a noggin of that repute cannot be ignored, no sirree bob.  After all, this is the same brain that thought up the plan to sacrifice himself to save his son by boinking said son's lady fiend - I mean, friend.  What greater love hath any man that he be willing to bed his sons woman than go to bed with Marlena?  Right??

But what is his plan?

If John doesn't point the finger at Kristen tomorrow, I will scream.  The smug looks on Kristen and Dan's faces are just too much.  They must be headed for a fall, right?

I think we'll be screaming together.  I hope this is what happens, but I'm too afraid to hope.  I'm thinking that he might not finger Kristen (though trying that is what got Brady so mad at him before - bad, bad, Jawn) - I think he might tell everyone that Theresa's "memory" of that night is correct, that he's sorry for starting the confrontation, take the full blame and use his confession to push Brady and Theresa together.  This plan is just bad enough for Jawn to think it's brilliant.  Since the police already believe it, and since he's not sure that fingering Kristen as the assailant can't be quickly disproven, then Jawn might think that if he shoves Brady and Theresa together that this will push Kristen out of Brady's orbit for good.  Then, with Jawn's usual hubris, he'll think that he can control Theresa by letting her know that he knows the truth, and that he can easily get rid of Theresa later.

Jawn has never seen a bad plan he didn't like.  If he does play it this way, I'm going to hope Theresa trips him up sooner rather than later.

I loved Chad with Sneasel today.  He treated him with a charming lack of respect.  And Sneasie, as full of his self-righteousness as ever, didn't even notice.  With the way Chad talked to him, I expected him to start tossing peanuts to Sneasel at any minute.  Chad is looking at Sneasel as a means to an end, and Sneasel is too impressed by himself he's a perfect tool.  

As long as ABIGAIL IS PROTECTED, of course.  The hell with everything else, Slappy can't be upset under any circumstances.  Which is how we all feel, right?  Right??

Then EJ stops by and tells Sneasel the same thing.  IQ levels in Salem seem to be dropping faster than Slappy's bloomers around married men.

EJ was particularly obnoxious and condescending today, wasn't he?  Than God that Eric's name is JUST Eric, so we didn't have to hear him leeeeeeeeeeeeennghttttttthen it out the way he does with WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM.  EJ talked down to everyone today, even more than usual IMO.  Eric got the full treatment, as did Sneasel and Sami.  Caroline would have gotten it except she cut him off at the pass.

Which brings me to my favorite part of the show.  I love the character of Caroline, and I'm finding it harder to separate the character of Caroline from the real woman, Peggy McKay.  Ms. McKay is 86 years old now, and every scene we get with her is a gift.  Caroline is getting older and more fragile, as is the woman who plays her.  But man, what skill! - and energy - she has, regardless of age.  I might be reading more into it than is there, but it always seems like there is a strong affection between AS and McKay.  They don't make 'me like that anymore IMO.

And her scenes with Sami were spectacular.  No matter what Sami does, her grandmother is going to support and love her, actively, but with open eyes.  She's not going to fool herself or let Sami think she's been fooled about who EJ is, or the DiMeras are, but also, she's not going to dole out her love in a grudging way.  She's going to love and support Sami, and Eric, no matter what, no matter whether she thinks their choices are wise.   It's a total love and a wise one at that.

And it's a maternal love that is miles above what Sami - or Eric, for that matter, got from Marlena.  I always get the "family" feel when Sami is with Caroline, far more than I do when she's with Marlena.  And as we saw today, everyone takes a far back seat, if they're even noticed, to Jawn in Mar's life.

So is EJ going to meet his end at the hand of Ollie and Tammy Flue's daddy's hands??  Or will he over-gel his hair once too often and just dissolve into a puddle of goo?

• Love 9

Abigail is a bore, but I'm sure her boringness is preferable to hanging out with Stephano. 

What a perfectly awful choice!  An old, bloviating psychopath or a smug, self-righteous twit ... I'd go with the psycho, and I hate Stefano.  Abigail is just that repulsive.

Anyway, I agree.  Stefano really shouldn't be surprised that EJ chose Sami and their children over him, but maybe he thought that after Sami put EJ in jail, took over the company, took back what EJ had looted and left him penniless, etc., that things would be different.  I don't know.  This whole story has been one big missed opportunity, and it started with EJ cheating with Abigail.  I wish the impetus for Kate and Sami teaming up to destroy EJ and Stefano had been something other than Abigail and Rafe.  Though actually, the Rafe part doesn't bother me as much as Abigail part.  Sami and Kate working together was so fun, and I hate that it's (probably) over.

• Love 4

Ugh, my distaste for Will grows and grows and I think it's mostly due to the actor playing him now.  So overwrought, his acting is the stuff of dinner theaters.  Even Chandler could do something with the awful writing, but not this guy.  This is beyond the fact that every time I see him I think of Richie Cunningham, he's just awful...and the wardrobe people aren't helping him any.  Today's "costume" was all sorts of bad.  Please, please do another recast...you are killing this character!

The rest of today was meh.

• Love 3

OMG I loved Chad being snarky with both Will & Sami.    I love that they both think he should just get over it & stop being mad at poor little EJ.    And I love that Chad told them both how it is - everything he said was true.    Sami did start this mess & she can't start blaming others when it doesn't go her way (and Sami maybe you should have thought about the kids before you started the crusade to crucify EJ) - I do hope that Chad does find some way to at least ream Abigail over the coals without Will figuring out that's what he's doing.   I did like the threat if Will doesn't do the article then someone else will & Chad won't have to promise them not to crucify Abigail

I do love me some James Read - he can wreak havoc all over Salem for as long as he wants.   (I do think that he'll be the reason for EJ's demise)    

I do hope that John points the finger at Kristen (although am still trying to figure out how that happens) - she'll deserve it - but I still think that John will hold this over Theresa's head to keep her away from Brady

I did like the Caroline/Sami scenes although it was a little distracting having them both in red

• Love 4

Anyway, I agree.  Stefano really shouldn't be surprised that EJ chose Sami and their children over him, but maybe he thought that after Sami put EJ in jail, took over the company, took back what EJ had looted and left him penniless, etc., that things would be different.  I don't know.   

And yet all of this was less worse than when she shot him in the head. In the end, he still wound up back in love with her. I can't really remember how because Ejami's history shifts back and forth very quickly for me to remember the proper continuity of their relationship, but it happened.

Maybe it would be easier for EJ to sever ties with Sami emotionally and romantically if he didn't physically have to be around her (which is usually how feelings for a person can grow or come back, unbeknownst to that person), but refusing to be around her at all is impossible given that they have children together.  That's why I'll never understand why Stephano told EJ to go and have Sami's kid. Cry me a river, Stephano, that your son likes Sami (and HIS KIDS!!!) more than you. What did you think would happen when you asked EJ to take whatever means possible to impregnate Sami that first time?   Stephano was never a good parent, but even among good parents loyalties can switch from them when someone has another family to take care of. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

So is EJ going to meet his end at the hand of Ollie and Tammy Flue's daddy's hands??  Or will he over-gel his hair once too often and just dissolve into a puddle of goo?

Oh my yes! I definitely think Clyde is setting EJ up and EJ is gonna fall for it like the dumbass he is. Good riddance. Then Clyde can take Stefano out (please god) and Chad can be in charge from now on.  I think Sami backed the wrong pony.

And yet all of this was less worse than when she shot him in the head. In the end, he still wound up back in love with her. I can't really remember how because Ejami's history shifts back and forth very quickly for me to remember the proper continuity of their relationship, but it happened.

This is why I don't really care what happens to Sami.  I think she and EJ are both horrible, awful people. They kinda deserve to be together in all their dysfunctional glory. EJ will continue cheating on Sami and then Sami will get her revenge and then they will get back together, promising everlasting devotion and then it all starts all over again. The people I feel sorry for are their kids.

It would have been nice for Sami to either embrace all her Bad Girl Glory and continue burning bridges with Kate OR finally get some emotional maturity and leave town with her kids, but alas, neither were meant to be. She's still the same old Sami, leaving town in a very Sami kind of way.

• Love 4

This "happy ending" bullshit with EJ and Sami is so transparent. How about for once the writers do something surprising and kill off EJ for real. Or at least let Sami leave town without him. 

I hate how Kate and Sami have been watered down to try and make Stefano and EJ look so terrifying (major eye roll).

I'm really not sure why anyone is supposed to be afraid of old ass Stefano. Someone could just switch out one of his medications with poison and that would be the end of it. It's not like the police would actually investigate the death of a Dimeria. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I don't get why anyone is afraid of Stephano, mainly because he's hardly ever around. He pops up every 6 months and then seems to go back into hiding somewhere in order to listen to his Star Wars music.

I get that JM is older now and can't work as much as he used to, but when Stephano is never around, I can see how people would jump to the conclusion that it wouldn't be difficult to steal his company from him without any repercussions.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don’t know why they asked AS to stay on an extra five months only to completely ruin her exit SL.  If it was revealed that Sami is still conning EJ, and was still working secretly with Kate and Chad, that would be a nice twist and great exit for AS.

I also don’t know why someone hasn’t killed Stefano when he was walking around Salem, or showed up at the Brady pub.  No one would care if this guy was murdered.  Rafe, Bo, Hope, Abe, Roman, and Brady were jumping through hoops to make sure Sami didn’t get prosecuted for shooting EJ.  So Stefano still being alive is just stupid, and so is Stefano having more power than anyone in the universe.

• Love 5

I don't know how anyone in Salem (besides the Hortons) can stand to listen to a word that comes out of Abifail's mouth. If I saw her somewhere I would turn around and walk away. Or call the cops. 

Ben is stupid for asking his daddy for money so he could take Abifail on dates. Does he not know he can just take her to the nearest supply closet for free? 

• Love 8

I know that this has been said time and again, but MAN, is Abby annoying!  He entire conversation with Chad was just a demonstration on how clueless and self-involved she is and it's not cute or endearing.  Chad was trying to tell her how he as going to leave Ben alone and she just kept talking about herself and what a bastard he is.  I don't get what her appeal is.

And how strange were Abby and Ben acting together?  They were acting like this was their first date as opposed to two people who are having sex--deeply stange.

I did like how dismissive John was to Kristen and her threats against him and seeing her look of happiness disolve was pretty awesome :)

• Love 4

My hope is that should EJ bite it, we get two eulogies at the funeral.  One from Susan, slobbering over her sweet, sweet boy...and one from Kate, telling it like it is hardcore.  That would be FUN!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3