Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm honestly dumbstruck at how Sami's reactions have eclipsed Abby's actions of not only sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face, but in taunting and physically assaulting Sami, in its awfulness.  Is Carrie this at fault for yelling at and slapping Abby?  Was Carrie just trying to hurt poor, little, angelic Abby? 

And, really, that's a bad thing?  Abby recklessly hurts and physically assaults others, and more often than not, smirks while she's doing it.  But it's not okay for others to do it to her?   Maybe I am just as horrible as Sami (maybe?  lol), because I say, you reap what you sow, Abs!  If one tries to 'turn the other cheek' with Abby, she'll just slap it, so screw that.  

The Horton Harpie Chorus can moo until the cows come home about their sainted Slappy and the horrid Sami, but Slappy is the one who cheated with a man in a committed relationship - numerous times, cried her crocodile tears in front of those she already knew would buy what she was selling while acting spiteful to the ones she betrayed, and has wallowed with great pleasure in self-pity and victimhood ever since.  She's about as much a victim as Jenn is a kindly, non-judgemental soul.  They might resemble people on the outside, but inside their have wizened, withered little hag hearts.

I don't care if Sami told Chad to spite Abby. Abby gloated about her affair to EJ in front of Sami and wanted to be the mistress all while smiling in Sami's face. Everyone was treating Sami like she slept with Abby's fiance and not vice versa. So if Sami got some pleasure from it then so be it. He would've found out about it anyway, Sami just made sure he found out sooner than later.

Ditto.  I don't buy for one minute that Sami sent Chad that article for any reason other than to stoke Chad's anger at Slappy - she didn't do it to help Chad.  And frankly, that would only bother me if I saw it as a betrayal of Chad's relationship with Sami - but I don't see them as really having one, long-ago Grace notwithstanding.  Sami and Chad had, at best, a casual relationship, not even a friendship.  It was all about hurting Abigail, not hurting Chad, but I agree she didn't give any thought to how he'd feel.

Realistically, though, did Sami sending him the article get him the information any sooner than he would have seen it anyway?  This is supposed to be some big magazine, and the online edition, according to Sneasel the day it was published went viral immediately. I can't imagine Chad wouldn't have heard about it before the day was out anyway.

But I agree, Sami didn't do it for Chad, she did it to get back at Abigail.  Considering how few people ended up on her side, I get why she did it even more.

Maybe I will like her again -- If she can stop fretting and worrying and butting her nose in where it doesn't belong.  Her behavior towards JJ and Kayla isn't something I root for.  And she already leapt when she pressed her face up against the door to the room where Kayla was speaking to a patient, and then ran to JJ to tell him all about her HIPAA violation (and his aunt's rape, in case he didn't know.). 

I liked Paige the minute she appeared on screen, and continued to like her for quite a while.  She was a breath of fresh air - we had a "good" girl who didn't have the "good" girl curse of also being dumb as a door knob.  And, she was able to see people fairly clearly - like her mom - and like them, faults and all.  My liking increased each time she didn't fall for any of the plots to bring her and JJ down.

BUT, she started to slide downhill for me when she started this push-pull thing with JJ.  She freezes up, then she wants him, then she freezes, back and forth, and it's all on him to figure out what's going on.  It started to look like, unconsciously, anyway, like she was setting him up to be the bad guy anytime something went wrong between the two of them.  Inviting Mary Beth to come to the party??   Not nice on her part, not nice expecting JJ to behave and welcome someone who treats him like crap.  Stuff like that started to bug me.

And now she's got her ear pressed to the door, listening to Kayla when she could just as easily as walked away.  She wasn't trapped for that conversation.  Then taking that information to JJ the way she did - not cool.  Nothing she's done around this has been, and if she makes JJ responsible for his father's behavior, then I hope someone nails her pigtail to floor of Ann Millbauer's office.  And, she needs to stop with the "Jenn and Abby are SO great crap asap".

It won't take much to turn Paige around and back into a rootable character.  But they need to do it fast.

• Love 9

She was the reason by her own words that Chad got shot and had to leave town in the first place, it was her actions that led to Chad taking bullets for EJ and needing treatment out of town. 

Sami wasn't responsible for that crazy woman shooting anyone.  Marge was 2 cans short of a sixpack because Sami shot her husband before he could relieve Rafe of his most precious small possession.  She's the one with the gun, she's the one who pointed the gun, she's the one who shot the gun.  Not Sami.

What Sami meant was that the crazy lady who shot Chad was aiming for her because Crazy Lady's husband got stopped by Sami before HE KILLED RAFE.  

Simple as pie.

• Love 4

The Horton Harpie Chorus can moo until the cows come home about their sainted Slappy and the horrid Sami, but Slappy is the one who cheated with a man in a committed relationship - numerous times, cried her crocodile tears in front of those she already knew would buy what she was selling while acting spiteful to the ones she betrayed, and has wallowed with great pleasure in self-pity and victimhood ever since.  She's about as much a victim as Jenn is a kindly, non-judgemental soul.  They might resemble people on the outside, but inside their have wizened, withered little hag hearts.

What the heck does this have to do with Abby? I'm not apologizing for anything she did to Sami and I'm not denying that Sami had a right to be angry and, in the soap world, seek revenge. I'm saying that telling Chad in the manner that she did was spiteful and hurtful to Chad. Not Abby. Chad. As far as I can tell, Abby and Chad are two different people. One of them had sex with Sami's beloved EJ, the other was out of town, presumably minding his own damn business. Chad. Abby. Not the same people.

Moo.

• Love 2

Personally while I think Sami could have handled the situation of how she told Chad about the affair differently - I don't know that her  intention was to maliciously hurt him.    I do believe in her mind it was more to hurt EJ & Abigail then Chad.     She thought he had a right to know & that's how she choose to do it.    And I don't think he's as angry at her for telling him - just angry that just because she's forgiven Elvis that automatically means he should too.

As for Paige - I do actually like her - I just think this whole thing about her finding out about Kayla's rape is weird & just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

And Brady is an idiot if he believes anything Kristen says.

• Love 7

As for Theresa, I can't see how she's going to get out of this situation

Jawn will decide that Theresa is the lesser of two evils and he'll keep silent as long as she keeps Brady away from Kristen.

• Love 4

Personally while I think Sami could have handled the situation of how she told Chad about the affair differently - I don't know that her  intention was to maliciously hurt him.    I do believe in her mind it was more to hurt EJ & Abigail then Chad.     She thought he had a right to know & that's how she choose to do it.    And I don't think he's as angry at her for telling him - just angry that just because she's forgiven Elvis that automatically means he should too.

Even I don't think Sami intended to hurt him. But, to me, intent in this case doesn't matter; she needlessly involved him in her battle. It's like Eric, and others, told her: when she goes on a streak like that, she doesn't think the consequences through. I actually like that Chad isn't holding it against Sami. I'll follow his lead and let it go! Sami and her unintended consequences will be gone soon enough.

• Love 1

I am trying to understand the proper reaction Sami should have, if being angry, hurt, and spiteful are out-of-line and over-the-top human emotions for the situation at hand.  Sami wouldn't be Sami if she were all "bygones!" or hiding out in the bathroom slitting her wrists -- that's just not Sami, and everyone [in Salem] knows that.

Who wants to see Sami being "good" and forgiving? We already get enough of that with Saint Jen and Saint Abby. And really, Sami has been particularly tame in her dealings with Abby. She yelled, called her some names, and got her fired from her job aka she forced Kayla to enforce hospital policy. Nothing Sami has done to precious Abby is anything out of the ordinary and I could easily see many/most people in real life treating Abby the same way. 

• Love 8

I actually like that Chad isn't holding it against Sami. I'll follow his lead and let it go! Sami and her unintended consequences will be gone soon enough.

That works for me.

Donny K, I still stand with you for Paige : ) Granted this weird turn the storyline has taken is annoying, but I blame the writers in their clumsy attempt to interject new angst in their relationship. I think it's pretty natural for a 17 year old girl to confide in her boyfriend, too -- the fact that it was about his aunt makes it sketchy, I guess, but overall I don't think it was out of character for a young girl with trouble on her mind to lean on her boyfriend, especially since her mother is a whacko. 

• Love 3

What the heck does this have to do with Abby? I'm not apologizing for anything she did to Sami and I'm not denying that Sami had a right to be angry and, in the soap world, seek revenge. I'm saying that telling Chad in the manner that she did was spiteful and hurtful to Chad. Not Abby. Chad. As far as I can tell, Abby and Chad are two different people. One of them had sex with Sami's beloved EJ, the other was out of town, presumably minding his own damn business. Chad. Abby. Not the same people.

Moo.

And I agree that Sami didn't tell Chad for any other reason than to pile it on.  My response you quoted was in reference to another post about how Sami appeared to be blamed more than Abby was when the affair came out.

And Brady is an idiot if he believes anything Kristen says.

I agree with any sentence that begins with Brady is an idiot.

• Love 5

Who wants to see Sami being "good" and forgiving? We already get enough of that with Saint Jen and Saint Abby. And really, Sami has been particularly tame in her dealings with Abby. She yelled, called her some names, and got her fired from her job aka she forced Kayla to enforce hospital policy. Nothing Sami has done to precious Abby is anything out of the ordinary and I could easily see many/most people in real life treating Abby the same way. 

Yeah, the storyline was already pretty boring to begin with. Up to the point when Sami had found out, the most interesting thing  (if you can call that interesting) was making fun of Abigail's sex faces and weirdly wondering if that's how she looks in real life when she does it (don't tell me it didn't cross anybody's minds). Nothing suspenseful and and no great characterizations were happening. Sami seemed to have the same reaction as a regular person, and gauging her reaction gave us something more interesting to ponder.

Once and EJ and Sami are gone, Abigail is going to have to rely on Ben (ha) to make her seem interesting, and vice versa, and I don't know how that's going to work out (well, I do, actually, but I don't want to be Debbie Downer by giving my full opinion). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Guys please remember to be NICE to your fellow posters. You may not agree with their words but remember we have that handy ignore button if someone is really frosting your cookies. PM me if you don't know how to use it!

Here's a bunny so everyone can be happy today.

bunny.jpg

• Love 10

And, really, that's a bad thing?  Abby recklessly hurts and physically assaults others, and more often than not, smirks while she's doing it.  But it's not okay for others to do it to her?   Maybe I am just as horrible as Sami (maybe?  lol), because I say, you reap what you sow, Abs!  If one tries to 'turn the other cheek' with Abby, she'll just slap it, so screw that.  

THIS!  Anything that causes Abby pain is a good thing in my book and really, Chad was going to find out about the affair sooner then later and Sami just made sure it happened sooner.  And for the record, I did think that Sami looked upset that in her zest for revenge she hurt Chad, but YMMV.

ETA:  radishcake, whenever I see that bunny pic, I smile :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

Seriously. He may be the stupidest man on any soap ever and that's saying something.

Whoa. Hold on there, pardner. Are you saying he's dumber than John Black? Dumber than the man who didn't notice his child-to-be was a pillow? Dumber than the man who forgot he was a priest, a jewel thief, and a mercenary? Dumber than the man who can smell a fart and say "that's a fact" at the same time? Dumber than the King of Coma Land? 

• Love 5

Now that I think about their dumb-ness side by side, it's weird that Drake Hogestyn has done a better job of making John seem less himbo-ish than Eric Marstolf's Brady.

The only time I thought John, while badly acted with the mannerisms, came across as super-dumb was during the Kristen seduction, but I guess it's a testament to some skill on DH's part that he made me not realize John's other levels of stupidity. With Brady, the dumbness is so notice-able, although I don't think any man on this show is especially bright. I keep waiting for the Dumb-Dumb Comet to hit Nu-Chad. We all know it's going to happen when EJ leaves.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

On a show full of dumb men, Brady really is exceedingly stupid even compared to some of them.

I’m fine with Sami telling Chad.  What I hate is that Sami got back together with EJ.

Kate/Sami should have stayed partners, and when Chad returned to Salem, he should have joined them.  If any of their actions resulted in Stefano, EJ, and Kristen being dead so much the better.  It sucks that Tony, Renee, Benjy and Lexie are dead while Stefano and his idiot children EJ and Kristen still live.

It also sucks that after 22 years on the show AS/Sami didn’t get a great exit SL instead she has been wasted propping EJ and the boring twit, and it looks like EJ will get the mysterious exit SL.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Loved the intensity in the EJ/Chad conversation--I particularly liked EJ's referencing Tony, Peter, Lexi and Kristin and how Stefano was hardly Father of the Year in how he dealt with them.  

For just a second I though Will and Sami were going to have an actual mature discussion about her forgiving EJ but then Will had to turn into his Sneasel self regarding his article on Chad.  Man, if it wasn't for his friends and family, he wouldn't have a writing career :)

• Love 4

If one more person says Abigail was seduced....

And eff this show and their Jack hate. I really need Paige to find out her mother was a hooker.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 7

Whoa. Hold on there, pardner. Are you saying he's dumber than John Black?

Yes.  I don't think John Black was always the joke he is now.  Brady is painfully stupid.  I can't even enjoy how pretty he is because his stupid is so overwhelming.  

The only time I thought John, while badly acted with the mannerisms, came across as super-dumb was during the Kristen seduction, but I guess it's a testament to some skill on DH's part that he made me not realize John's other levels of stupidity. With Brady, the dumbness is so notice-able, although I don't think any man on this show is especially bright. I keep waiting for the Dumb-Dumb Comet to hit Nu-Chad. We all know it's going to happen when EJ leaves.

Oh my God, NOOOOOOO!  I'm enjoying how Chad has everyone's number. I have a tiny bit of hope for the future. This show NEEDS somebody with a brain. Please don't let them destroy that. 

• Love 3

Going by his shirt and vest today, I think wardrobe dislikes Will as much as I do.

I feel like the Kristin Loves Brady SL has dragged on far too long at this point.  Kristin just comes off pathetic now, and given how clearly amazing ED is still, I would rather she be allowed to have some perspective on her life and goals.

Do you think she actually got any therapy while she was offscreen  for fifteen years?

EJ, why are you suddenly concerned about your father being a murdering psycho?  You came tothe US to live with him and be a part of his empire!   The writers have swung his opinion of Dad back and forth so many times it is laughable....

Can someone confirm if this is the first time we got confirmation of Stefano having intentionally taken his time to free Kristin from sex slavery?  I don't remember hearing anything much about how or when Stefano freed her.  Was this an already-established plot point?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Holy moly a Peter mention! I'm shocked. A reference about Stefano's son Peter from EJ himself. 

Chad and Will were awesome this episode. 

EJ needs to own up, Chad didn't unleash anything. Chad didn't turn the evidence in on Stefano. EJ turned against his father to get back in Sami's good graces and protect her and Kate. He turned against his family and now he's blaming Chad for it? Stefano would have found out where Rafe got that information. 

If EJ's so scared of Stefano and the danger, he shouldn't have turned evidence against him into Rafe in the first place then! Then Chad also bringing up EJ didn't have the concern to let Chad know himself, instead he had to receive a highlighted package from Sami.

Chad was great in everything he called EJ. 

Sami's just the same, blaming Lucas for Lucas not telling Will about her and EJ reuniting. Then her reaction to Will doing an interview with Chad. Wow, she even tried to act like she cared about Abby in her desperation as an excuse to not have Will write the article because of how she and EJ would look because Chad rightfully hates him and again Will brings up that she was the one who told Chad.  

• Love 1

On a show full of dumb men, Brady really is exceedingly stupid even compared to some of them.

The trouble with Brady is that he never, ever, ever gets to have a turn with the Salem brain. Everyone seems to get the chance to show that they are firing off some neurons every once in a while but not Brady.  When you think about it Sami is just as stupid as Brady for getting back with EJ. However, she escapes looking as brain dead as Brady due to the fact that she gets to scheme once in a while. Sure, it all winds up going to shit in the end but at least we know if we put our ears up to Sami's ear we wouldn't hear the ocean. Not so sure that would be the case with Brady.  I'd like Daniel to test him on the Glasgow coma scale.

One thing that always bothered me about Brady was why we never see him in a business suit. He runs Basic Black right? Is some type of highfalutin' business type, yet he is always dressed so damn casually like he should be waiting tables at the cafe or something. EJ lives in suits. Aiden wears suits as a lawyer. Recurring characters like Victor, Stefano, heck Lucas wear suits. Why not Brady? And this is something that goes way back. 

I think the writers have no grasp on the character at all. He is just a puppet that goes from manipulating situation to manipulation situation. 

It is just raining anvils on EJ. Subtly thy name is Days. 

Days did some amazing casting with Chad. Finally something to be complimentary about. 

• Love 5

Days did some amazing casting with Chad. Finally something to be complimentary about. 

They really did do a job with casting him - I was never a big fan of the original Chad - but am loving NuChad.   I definitely hope they don't try to dumb him down once EJ leaves.

I did also see an interview with Billy Flynn(Chad) & he indicated that his favorite scenes to film so far have been the ones that were shown today with EJ

• Love 4

I've only watched half the show so far and Sneasel needs to STFU and die. In whatever order works best. I cannot believe this Oshkosh B'Gosh wearing tool has forgotten all that Sami and EJ did for him last year. What did Abby do for him last year? Nada. The sudden EJ hate is nutty. Can he be the one who goes to jail when the anvil finally hits EJ? Think of the touching scenes of WilSon declaring their undying love with Plexiglas between them. 

• Love 4

I might forgive Brady being such a brain dead idiot if he would have one moment where he has a functioning brain cell and kills Kristen.

Go Chad!!!  Everything he said to EJ was true.

Now EJ is worried about his father being a murdering psycho?  Now EJ is worried about Sami and his children?  Where has this concern been for the last eight years when he happily went along with Stefano’s plan to torture the Bradys, including putting Fake Rafe in Sami’s home and bed?  Where was this concern for Sami and his children when he was lying to Sami about Kristen drugging and raping Eric, and when he was cheating on Sami?  Where was EJ’s regard for Sami and his children when he was defending the boring twit to Sami, and allowing the Mistress to call Sami a complete and total bitch?

I don’t care what happens to EJ, and having the pathetic weakling act like he cares about Sami and his children now is to little to late.  I hope he dies a fiery painful death, and Sami is finally free.

Die Sneasel Die!!!

Caroline go see Sami.  You, Johnny, Allie, and Sydney are the only people who care about Sami.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Sami wasn't responsible for that crazy woman shooting anyone.  Marge was 2 cans short of a sixpack because Sami shot her husband before he could relieve Rafe of his most precious small possession.  She's the one with the gun, she's the one who pointed the gun, she's the one who shot the gun.  Not Sami.

What Sami meant was that the crazy lady who shot Chad was aiming for her because Crazy Lady's husband got stopped by Sami before HE KILLED RAFE.  

Simple as pie.

And yet . . . Marge was still more remorseful and guilt-ridden over that one action she took than Sami has ever been over any bad thing she's done over the years. :-P

Donny K, I still stand with you for Paige : ) Granted this weird turn the storyline has taken is annoying, but I blame the writers in their clumsy attempt to interject new angst in their relationship. I think it's pretty natural for a 17 year old girl to confide in her boyfriend, too -- the fact that it was about his aunt makes it sketchy, I guess, but overall I don't think it was out of character for a young girl with trouble on her mind to lean on her boyfriend, especially since her mother is a whacko. 

Thank you, Lastwaltz!  Yes, I, too, blame the writers more for her recent actions than the character.  It's angst they really don't need.  Though if, down the road, they start having Paige learn the secrets of her own family, too (and J.J. learns them, as well), I could roll with this.

• Love 1
One thing that always bothered me about Brady was why we never see him in a business suit. He runs Basic Black right? Is some type of highfalutin' business type, yet he is always dressed so damn casually like he should be waiting tables at the cafe or something. EJ lives in suits. Aiden wears suits as a lawyer. Recurring characters like Victor, Stefano, heck Lucas wear suits. Why not Brady?

He's not good with buttons?  They don't show off the guns?  It takes longer for Brady to undress?

Honestly, I think part of the character's (limited) charm is that the actor seems to be okay playing the object of desire.  He makes ir work, unlike Dirty Tan Dan, who is similarly dressed "ready for action" but leaves a bad taste in our collective mouths.

Wasn't Brady wearing that exact same black polo shirt back in 2013, when he and Kristin got back together, but he caught her arguing with Marlena in the DiMerra livingroom and tried to break up with her, but ended up rushing her and getting down?

It must sound creepy that I remember this, but I've been watching clips of that storyline recently because I only saw bits and pieces (Kristin and John in a cabin?  Who knew!) and that moment - and Kristin's "this is the part we always get right!" line - stayed with me.

Let's tell ourselves the producers/wardrobe department actually intentionally created symbolism there, and got us to think Brady would impulsively do Kristin again.  Honestly...I think if Marlena didn't call, he would have.  The moron.

I miss when I respected Kristin.  And yes, I really did, for the most part.  This rape thing has really hurt her as a character.

I hope John was being sincere about starting over.  It would be nice if Kristin's next return didn't center all around the rape and pissing off Marlena.

In other news: ED is on Real Housewives????  Mind blown.  ....why?  Why would she have to resort to that?!

Edited by DisneyBoy

Though if, down the road, they start having Paige learn the secrets of her own family, too (and J.J. learns them, as well), I could roll with this.

I could, too, so long as both JJ and Paige learn it together. Could add layers to their teenage romance -- I do hope they consider them long term material : )

• Love 2

No matter how good Kristen's figure might be, something about her face screams "Be afraid. Very afraid."  That's where Brady's stupidity with her is completely incomprehensible with me.

Brady stuck out his neck for Nicole a couple of times, but Nicole doesn't give off the same "I'm clearly crazy" vibe, even if she's done some crazy actions, which is why his naivete with her was more understandable. As dumb as Nicole's plots have been, it's not unfathomable to me why men would get involved with her. But Kristen? She clearly looks like she belongs in a mental institution.

Now that I think about it, anybody who has ever gone to bat for Kristen because of loyalty (EJ) or slept with her (Brady) or tried to sleep with her to save his son (John) has wound up looking incomprehensibly stupid.  Something about the character of Kristen moved Brady from simply being the dumbest man on Earth to the dumbest man in the Universe.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

With Brady, the dumbness is so notice-able, although I don't think any man on this show is especially bright.

I think I had watched this show for all of one episode before I was referring to Brady as Big, Dumb Brady. I like him just fine but he's basically an Irish Setter.

• Love 3

I think I had watched this show for all of one episode before I was referring to Brady as Big, Dumb Brady. I like him just fine but he's basically an Irish Setter.

Are Irish Setters the dogs that will eat basically anything? I had a friend whose dog ate the remote control, keys and place mats. The dog was so accustomed to getting x-rayed that it would hop up on the x-ray table himself. Anyway, that's how I think of Brady. Love EM. Wish Brady could get possession of the Salem brain once in a while. 

• Love 2

Are Irish Setters the dogs that will eat basically anything?

A lot of dogs do that.

My Dad was always of the opinion that Irish Setters were the dumbest dogs. They're beautiful and friendly and like to romp about... but stupid. Border Collies they are not.

By the by, no one in Salem is smart enough to be compared to a Border Collie.

• Love 3

The Chad/EJ scene was the one that Billy Flynn thought was he best?  I thought it was awful.  Chad came across as petulant and E.J. was just pathetic.

Different strokes, I guess.  I thought it was brilliantly done.  Billy acted circles around James.  Easily.

• Love 2

ok this is a bit off topic but I thought everybody might wanna know that Freddie Smith (Sonny) was in a pretty serious car accident today and apparently he was DUI and speeding when it happened. He only has some minor injuries but his girlfriend (who was in the passenger seat) is in critical condition. Here's the link to the article if anybody wants to read it:

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/article_0f29671c-4e47-11e4-a1af-2f99987192ca.html

Edited by madhacker

By the by, no one in Salem is smart enough to be compared to a Border Collie.

If they were dogs:

Theresa = chihuahua 

Brady = pure bred Irish Setter

Abby = pitbull (not neutered)

Maggie = Cavalier King Charles Spaniel 

Ben = bull mastiff

• Love 1

ok this is a bit off topic but I thought everybody might wanna know that Freddie Smith (Sonny) was in a pretty serious car accident today and apparently he was DUI and speeding when it happened. He only has some minor injuries but his girlfriend (who was in the passenger seat) is in critical condition. Here's the link to the article if anybody wants to read it:

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/article_0f29671c-4e47-11e4-a1af-2f99987192ca.html

madhacker, see my posts in the Small Talk thread.  I had a little more info.

If they were dogs:

Theresa = chihuahua 

Brady = pure bred Irish Setter

Abby = pitbull (not neutered)

Maggie = Cavalier King Charles Spaniel 

Ben = bull mastiff

Hey, as a pit bull owner I object to that :) Pit bulls are way more awesome than Abby could ever dream of being.

• Love 3

Will is the worst son ever, getting onto Sami about dignity when he doesn't even have any of his own. He was still putting the whole affair on EJ's shoulders and saying that he seduced her like Abby has no brain (even though we all know she really doesn't) and couldn't say no. He's so upset with EJ over the affair but not mad at Abby. Will makes no sense whatsoever and wish this character would just drown in a lake. Sami really needs to disown him.

Chad is already starting to irk me with the whole he's in love with Abby. Understand that he's upset that his brother and ex had sex but being this upset over it is just contrived. Writers will do anything to make Abby relevant and be the cat's meow.

Brady continues to be stupid.

• Love 5

Loved the Chad/EJ scenes.  Not only did we get a Peter mention, but Tony, Lexi as well.  Only thing though is that Stefano didn't abduct Lexi, Andre did that.  Originally I believe the plan was to have EJ be the one keeping her but that turned to Andre.  Also liked Chad acknowledging that Kate was the one in the family he was always close to.

• Love 3

We've all been hoping that if Melanie comes back Abby's screen time would be reduced. But, what I'm thinking will happen is Melanie will get a portion of Sami and EJ's screen time and Abby will be on just as much as she is now. In fact, she and Ben could get the remainder of EJ and Sami's screen time and end up taking over our screens even more. This is a nightmare.

• Love 3

That's sad to hear about FS and his girlfriend.

I'm still baffled that no one, except Caroline, cares that Sami was hurt or that Allie, Johnny, and Sydney's home was almost broken up again.  Eric was worried when Sami told him she was back together with EJ, but when Sami first told him what happened, Eric didn't care at all about Sami's feelings.  Eric went running to check on Jennifer.  People get angry with EJ, they make excuses for Slappy, but no one cares if Sami or her children were hurt.  They still try to make Sami out to be the bad guy.  I'm beyond tired of EJ's self pity.

As much as I enjoyed Kate/Sami scheming together, now I wish Sami had just shot EJ, Stefano, and Kristen in the head.  The way this should have played out is Kate/Sami were always working with Chad, and other people at DE.  When Will's article was published, Sami told Will that if her and Kate's internal backers at DE abandoned them, they would ALL be in danger, she hoped it was worth it to him.  Then Sami called Chad to let Chad know what was going on so he returned to Salem.  Kate, Sami, and Chad maintained control of DE, and sent Stefano, EJ, and Kristen to prison or hell whichever is closer.  Most importantly Sami never ever forgave EJ.

Are Corday and the writers so stupid they don't realize that they have shown EJ is not capable of caring about anyone except himself?  This SL once again demonstrated that EJ has no regard or affection for Sami or his children.  EJ can go on and on about Stefano it won't change the fact that EJ is just like Stefano only a whole lot dumber.

I like JJ, I like his scenes with Kayla, I started out liking Paige.  I don't like the SL they got stuck in.

John, Marlena, and Kristen are so played out.

• Love 2

"As for Theresa, I can't see how she's going to get out of this situation"

"Jawn will decide that Theresa is the lesser of two evils and he'll keep silent as long as she keeps Brady away from Kristen."

This show still has rare flashes of brilliance--and this! You sound like you have watched a long time. This had not occurred to me, even though I have watched forever, but the signs are all there.

So, they are going to do something right and save Theresa, for now. But it would be even more refreshing if they made her and John actually get along. Whacking someone across the head is redeemable, and forgivable--raping a drugged priest is not. Face it, it is going to take Jawn and Theresa working together to hatch a dumb plan.

So, yeah, liking Kristen is just not as fun anymore. The fact that Dan even lets her into his home is bizarre.

And Brady, still too dumb to live, but it is for the greater good!

I am sick of Sami and EJ, but damn will I miss them when it's Bollie and Gag-me. I want nuChad to be dismissive of Abby, not pining in that manipulative Dimera way.

The Jack-Kayla rape rehash to give JJ and Paige angst=fast forward.

(Sorry--no quotes on tablets???)

• Love 4

Die Sneasel Die!!!                                        Such a lovely sentiment.  I wish someone would set it to music.

How exciting to see that Sneasel is dressed for visiting Clown Colleges!  I wonder which one he'll decide on.  Dressed like that, I bet there will be a bidding war between Barnum and Pickle Family Circus.  Sneasel is a natural.  

I don't normally advocate parents striking their children, but at the very least I wish Sami would give that little shit a nuclear wedgie.  Amazing how EJ is the Devil Incarnate, now that Sneasel doesn't need somebody cleaning up his criminal messes, protecting his daughter, or getting a high-paying job for doing squat - and not taking revenge for being blackmailed.  I'm not saying that EJ is any kind of a saint, but he DID help Sneasel out a lot - and Sneasie had not trouble hitting EJ up for a job, an apartment, and a car, as I remember.  Seems to be that EJ was quite the guy in Sneasie's mind at that time.  

But now that he's started wearing Horton panties - (Jenn should really check her underwear drawer because I'm sure Sneasel is wearing her bloomers - Slappy's wouldn't quite fit - as big an ass as Sneasel is, he's not quite THAT big of an ass yet) - his absolute HORROR at what EJ has done seems to know no bounds.  

And we've heard how EJ DONE SLAPPY WRONG AND SHE IS BLAMELESS so often it shouldn't bug me as much but it still does.  Hearing him talk to Sami that way once again makes me wish she's put some ex-lax in his rat food.  Sneasel needs to just climb on the wheel in his hamster cage and leave everyone else alone.

Going from the ridiculous to the sublime, we had Chad and EJ.  I really enjoyed their scenes, and like the rest of you, I think NuChad is a real find.  I loved the history that was referenced, but I wish Benjy had gotten a mention.  Considering how EJ was listing Stefano's deficits in the father department, Benjy certainly deserved a mention.  BTW, has any reference been made at all in the past 5 years or so to Benjy's son?  Stefano does have another grandson through Benjy, right?

Back on topic, I thought the Chad/EJ scenes were well written and that  Billy Flynn did an excellent job.  I know it's another anvil dropping, but this one dropped with a bit of panache IMO.

I'm still confused about how Chad is supposed to be so upset that he isn't married to Abby with a Volvo in the driveway and a King Charles Spaniel puppy named Nell by the hearth.

I'd change this just a bit.  I'd rather see Chad married to a King Charles Spaniel with a Volvo by the hearth, and Abby in the driveway.  Face down, eating dirt.

Whoa. Hold on there, pardner. Are you saying he's dumber than John Black? Dumber than the man who didn't notice his child-to-be was a pillow? Dumber than the man who forgot he was a priest, a jewel thief, and a mercenary? Dumber than the man who can smell a fart and say "that's a fact" at the same time? Dumber than the King of Coma Land?

The trouble with Brady is that he never, ever, ever gets to have a turn with the Salem brain. Everyone seems to get the chance to show that they are firing off some neurons every once in a while but not Brady.

I might forgive Brady being such a brain dead idiot if he would have one moment where he has a functioning brain cell and kills Kristen.

Die Sneasel Die!!!

Yep.  Brady is so dumb that He sits on the TV and watches the sofa.  Brady is so dumb that when he tried to iron his curtains he fell out of the window.  Brady is so dumb that a traffic judge asked him, "Have you ever been up before me?" And he said, "I don't know, what time do you get up?"  Brady is dumb that he's never bought Christmas seals --says he wouldn't know what to feed them.  

But I'm not as kind as you all are.  He's a complete moron, but he's also a bully.  And far too often he's screams at women and acts like he's ready to punch them out.  He doesn't discriminate by age, either.  He's done it to Maggie, to Nicole, to Sami, to practically every woman who has crossed his path at one time or another.  He also goes after people who lack the power he has being Victor's idiot grandson.  I don't even remember the number of times he's taken a swing at a cop, and suffered no consequences because of who he is.  My fear is that he HAS had a go at the Salem brain, and this is the best he could do with it.

Brady has a way to go before I can feel any affection for him.   

Referring to the below post, Kristen really DOES look nuts, doesn't she?  I think it says something about Brady that his reptilian brain would be attracted to her.  But, then again, this is the guy who was hot for Madison, too.

No matter how good Kristen's figure might be, something about her face screams "Be afraid. Very afraid."  That's where Brady's stupidity with her is completely incomprehensible with me.....But Kristen? She clearly looks like she belongs in a mental institution.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4