Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I've noticed Sami shows a certain vulnerability and softness with Kate that she doesn't usually show with Marlena. Then again, it is probably pretty difficult to react well to Marlena's unmoving face.

• Love 7

Any new male characters that come on need to be 100% gay so there's no possibility they get stuck with Abismell.

I have my fingers crossed that Melanie's return will mean an end to Slappy's airtime hogging.

• Love 7
Kate is just awesome.  I loved her telling EJ they were Sami's children, and Sami and the children were better off without him.  I don't know if LK is doing it on purpose, but Kate is still coming across like she wants Sami for herself.

I so enjoyed Kate telling EJ how it really is, calling him out on his crap. And yes, it is amusing how it does come across like the two of them are fighting over Sami. I keep harboring this fantasy that, since Kate has so many scenes with Clyde, it's going to lead to something where she'll discover that EJ is in drugs and Clyde is in business with him. And either she tells Sami, so that Sami leaves EJ (for the final time, please god), or she finds out Clyde is going to kill EJ and Sami (because why not Sami too?) and she saves Sami but purposely doesn't save EJ so that Sami will be free of him.

I mean, come on - Kami doesn't deserve to go out like this, just sort of petering out because Sami stupidly got back together with EJ. They're far too awesome together. Give them a last hurrah of some kind. And the only way I can just barely live with this awful EJami reunion is if they kill EJ - for reals, not have him turn up with Sami and the kids in England or wherever. I hate the thought Sami's ending is her going off with EJ. EJami is why I dropped DAYS all these years ago and didn't come back until I heard that AS was leaving.

• Love 8
I keep harboring this fantasy that, since Kate has so many scenes with Clyde, it's going to lead to something where she'll discover that EJ is in drugs and Clyde is in business with him. And either she tells Sami, so that Sami leaves EJ (for the final time, please god), or she finds out Clyde is going to kill EJ and Sami (because why not Sami too?) and she saves Sami but purposely doesn't save EJ so that Sami will be free of him.

I suspected that Kate would find out about the drugs and Clyde's involvement, but fix it so Clyde would shoot EJ (Kate's real target) and then get the blame for it and be shuffled off to jail, so Kate could comfort Sami and reassure her she'd be fine without her creepy rapist husband.

They probably won't go that way, but I think it would be rather nice - Kate getting final revenge against Stefano by killing his son, but having her hands clean of it, while also protecting her grandchildren from a psychotic rapist drug-dealing scumbag...with a little She Actually Cares About Protecting Sami thrown in for good measure.

Of course Clyde is too recent an addition to the show, so they won't write him off that fast, especially with the Jordan storyline still to be developed...eventually...someday...

...you know, I've been reading all your comments about how this ending really shafts us on wrapping up Sami's arcs on the show, but it's only now that I think about it and agree.  When was the last time Sami and Roman really got a subplot or to bond?  Wasn't his last scene with her an argument scene, probably to be bookended with him consoling her during the funeral?  And Marlena...Sami's strained relationship with her mother was the source of years of drama.  Now it's just....pfffttt.  Did Marlena even visit her when she was in jail last year?  (Holy lord - have I actually been following this show for that long?? SAD.)

Sami's kids don't even have personalities or quirks, far as I can tell.  I think their Happy Family On The Couch sequence was the first time all of them were in one room together, right?

Brace yourself, Knight - they won't kill EJ for reals.  They want to leave all the popular characters open for comebacks.

Any theories on how Kristin will exit this time?

Edited by DisneyBoy

It's to bad idiot Corday and the idiot writers don't have the spine to follow through on what they write.  It's one of the reasons these SLs have no payoff and such lame endings.  I still want Kristen to shoot and kill EJ, Stefano to witness it, have a heart attack and die, and Kristen to go to prison or the looney bin.  Chad can be the Dimera on canvas, he can be a grey character, and hopefully the writers won't take him down the rapist/murderer/attempted murderer path.

Kate can comfort Sami either because she cares about Sami, or she cares about Sami because of the children, or she could make the surprising confession to Lucas that she wished she hadn't interfered in his and Sami's relationship because she now realizes Lucas really loved Sami and they could have been happy together with all of Sami's children being Lucas.

I know they won't ever go there, but Kate/Sami are the best couple this show has had in years.  Kate confessing to being in love with Sami and wanting Sami for herself.  Then Sami having to explain to Roman, "It wasn't that I kept choosing the wrong man all those years daddy.  It's that I kept choosing the wrong sex.  Kate understands me, and she's okay with my schemes so long as she gets to participate in them."

I don't care if EJ dies or fake dies so long as Sami is free of him.  If Sami leaves the show with EJ, that is going to suck.  I really hate that her exit SL has been about EJ and the boring twit.

AS is still on through October 31st, so there better be some acknowledgement of her 22 years on the show most of which had NOTHING to do with EJ.  I'm also still waiting for my Sami/Theresa/Ciara scenes, Lucas/Sami scenes, Sami/Eric/Brady scenes, more Sami/Caroline scenes, a real Sami/Roman scene and I'm good with the Sami/Marlena scene where Sami was grateful Marlena didn't lecture her or support the boring twit even though Marlena offered Sami herself no support because that summed up the Sami/Marlena relationship perfectly.

• Love 4
Brace yourself, Knight - they won't kill EJ for reals.  They want to leave all the popular characters open for comebacks.

There really isn't any such thing as "for reals" anymore, especially on DAYS. It used to be that if a character died onscreen, in a hospital with the monitors flatlining, and we saw the body at the morgue and the funeral, it was a real death. So even if they killed EJ in that fashion, he could still come back later anyway - any viewer knows that. They don't necessarily have to show us that this death was fake.

But like TigerLynx, I don't really care if EJ dies "for real" or fake dies as long as Sami isn't stuck with him. I'd be happier if she spat on his grave, but I'll live with her mourning him instead because at least she didn't end up with him.

• Love 3

I don't care what Show has to do to get Theresa out from the corner they've written her into, but they better do it - and STAT.  If Show thinks that there's going to sympathy and support for Kristen MAKING SURE THERESA PAYS, when Kristen has paid for absolutely NOTHING, they can think again.

This is an excellent point!  Are we seriously supposed to be cheering Kristin as she vows to make Theresa pay while Kristin herself skates on raping Eric?  SERIOUSLY??!!

• Love 6

This is an excellent point!  Are we seriously supposed to be cheering Kristin as she vows to make Theresa pay while Kristin herself skates on raping Eric?  SERIOUSLY??!!

This is a show that has a victim paired with her rapist.  This is a show that treats rape as a joke, and almost all of the characters have committed felony crimes.  This is a show who had EJ rape Sami, had EJ's sister rape Sami's twin brother Eric, had EJ lie to Sami about it, try to make Sami believe the sex was consensual, joked to Kristen about Kristen raping Eric, cheat on Sami because she didn't just accept EJ lying to her about Kristen/Eric, AND then put Sami back together with EJ, EJ getting a free pass on everything he did, and Sami getting blamed for what EJ and the boring twit did.

So yeah, sadly, I think the writers would be stupid enough to expect Kristen to get the same get out of jail free card.  {face palm}

• Love 6

I'm quite sure that I have no idea who TIIC want me to root for, in general.  Because, yeah, I'm not rooting for Kristen.  I'm not rooting for Jenn, or Dr. Dan, or Marlena, or Jawn, or Will, or EJ.  I am, however, rooting for Theresa, and Kate, and Chad, and maybe for Sami, if she gets her brain and spine readjusted.  Ditto for Sonny.  Double ditto for Nicole.  But, no, not gonna high five Kristen and Dr. Dan as they try to "bring down" Theresa.  Fuck that noise. 

Friday reminded me of my undying love for JA/Victor.  I always root for VIctor, not that he needs my support, he just keeps on keepin on.  lol  One thing the writers have done well, and have always done well, imo, is the relationship between Caroline and Victor.  They have always been truth-tellers to each other and are able to get through to one another when no one else can.  I liked Victor's immediate support of Hope and he told her what I have been hoping someone would since she decided to move on with her life. 

Speaking of, I'm glad they aren't dragging Hope's indecisiveness out any further.  Friday was also the first time I think I felt a connection between Aidan and Hope, when they were all flirty and wanting to hold hands.  But I do love Aidan and Nicole together.  Maybe this could be a good platonic friendship for them both?  I miss those. 

So, Jawn is already annoying me to no end.  Those three months went by way too fast.  If he starts sucking on Marlena's face like it were a barbeque rib, I'm gonna need Theresa to use that fireplace poker again -- I don't even care who she hits this time, John or me, just as long as I don't have to watch that sticky, slurpy mess.

I'm not looking forward to this week with The Horton Trio, Ben, Eve, and her boring daughter.  When is the next Daysaster coming along?  Salem needs to clean house. 

• Love 8

Loved Julie's line to Jennifer:  "You don't have to like everybody."  I don't think Jenn quite realizes that her opinion isn't the end all and be all of Salem.

Theresa and Eve need more scenes together, especially Eve's mentoring Theresa in How to Get Away With Shady Shit 101 :):) That's two actresses are magic together.  And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm kind of cool with Daniel's refusal to let Kristin go after Theresa--I think he knows she's the lesser of two evils.

Wardrobe has been very kind to Sami these last couple of weeks--I loved the blue dress she had on last week and this week's red dress is equally lovely.  I also enjoyed the crap out of her scenes with Chad.  I liked their discussing EJ/Abby and their mutual pain over the affair--nice :)

As much as I like JJ and think he is an attractive young man, I don't need him to get the male treatment of the Horton Horrors.  All the girls in all of his classes want him?  That's almost Abby level propping and it makes me roll my eyes.  It's not needed because JJ is fine on his own.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

I can't tell who is more pathetic EJ, for not holding anything Sami&Kate did against them and instead kissing up to her and turning evidence in on Stefano to Rafe. EJ's going to act all offended Stefano's mad and that he doesn't think of him as a son. When he gave the cops evidence against him! Then he gets mad at Chad? lol

Or Sami for her conversation with Chad. As Chad pointed out, she was the one who "thoughtfully" sent him Will's article. She didn't care about Chad's feelings, his and EJ's relationship at all. She only cared about hurting Abby at all costs, now she's suddenly wanting to mend Chad and EJ's fences. Chad also pointing out her forgiving EJ because if what she'd lose was good. 

Those 2 fools, make me team Stefano take them all down. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

With all due respect to Chad just because Sami sent you the article and she wanted revenge against Abby that doesn't mean that she didn't have any sympathy for you as well.  Instead of focusing on "Killing the messenger", you should ask yourself while no one else in your family told you the truth. 

Also Chad was just as close with Sami as he was with EJ.  Sami and Chad had their own relationship through what they went through with "their" daughter Grace. The two people in the Dimera family that Chad really liked where Kate and Lexi.  With Stefano and EJ he always had his guard up.

• Love 5

Dear Show,

I love ED. Truly. She is a national soap treasure. I love Kristen, too. She's BSC entertaining. I liked her with Brady last year, it was hot, naughty fun. So understand that I say this with love: are you f'ing crazy with the Kristen takes down Theresa crap? Are you trying to prove that Brady is brain dead? 

Please stop.

Love,

Jane

• Love 3

Uhhh Paige, JJ isn't obligated to tell you what Jack did to Kayla. IDK why she feels like she's entitled to know this bit of information about him. She really isn't as smart as she think she is because not all kids grow up to be like their parents. My mom had kids as a teenager, been to jail numerous times, and smokes and me I don't have kids and I'm in my 30's and never smoked a day in my life and never been arrested. So IDK why she's thinking that JJ is like Jack. Plus she's making Kayla all uncomfortable with her line of questioning which she isn't subtle at doing at all. Trying to be all giddy and smiley and why she wants to bring Jack up to a person that was raped by him is just beyond me. Why would you do that to someone?

Jenn she's so smug and arrogant, while she's trying to look like she walked off a photoshoot. I don't get why she always has that judgmental tone when she's speaking to someone, but it's just there and it's really nauseating to watch. All up in Theresa's face being all smug and having Julie fix her problems because she can't do it by herself. I see why I detest Jenn so much, she likes to call Theresa nasty but doesn't realize how she comes off when she's talking to people. When Julie was saying something positive about Eve like her voice or something Jenn just scoffs like nobody she dislikes can have positive traits. Jenn can go take a flying leap onto a bed of spikes.

This EJ hatred is just too heavy handed for me. I just hate when soap writers are going to do a "who killed whoever" storyline because they make it too obvious that something is going to happen to the character with the amount of hatred and the dialogue the other characters have for that one certain character. It's so cliche and why can't they just not make it so damn obvious? I know everyone knows that JS is leaving but still.

Brady is absolutely one of the dumbest men I've ever seen. It makes no sense how dumb he is. Kristen says stay and he just stays and doesn't head out the door after thanking her. Yea so much for how much Kristen makes his skin crawl. If someone makes my skin crawl, you think I'm staying around to hear them talk or beg and plead how much they want me, knowing they're capable of rape among other things. I think not.

JJ and Dan should just make out and call it a day. So sickening how much JJ leans on this man for advice. Please bring Lucas back so JJ can talk to him instead, plus Lucas is more easier on the eyes. I would actually believe that Lucas is a doctor over Dan based off appearance alone.

• Love 6

I don't know why it has to be an either/or situation with Chad. Sami sent him the article to hurt Abby and in the process he also got a wake up call about who Abifail really is. He deserved to know what scumbags that girl and his brother are and if Sami hadn't done it no one else would've. 

Oh wow, Stefano has disowned EJ once again. Shocking. EJ will die or "die" and Stefano will cry and make a big production out of how his precious EJ is dead. Whatever. 

It's disappointing that Theresa makes it so obvious when she's freaking out inside. 

Brady will be having sex with Kristen by the end of the month.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

IDK why Chad is putting most of the blame on EJ if only he heard Abby proclaim how badly she wanted to be the mistress. Plus they were broken up when he left Salem so all this hatred is just contrived. I haven't watched a few episodes last week hence why you guys didn't see me post here. Is Chad giving Abby hell? Or is he all on her side and EJ is getting all the blame?

Also like to point out, how the hell is John having flashbacks of Theresa hitting him in the back of the head? He doesn't have eyes there. You sure as hell can't have flashbacks of something you didn't see. For all he knew the butler could have whacked him in the back of the head.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

Chad's given Abigail some grief about the affair too - it's not all EJ his anger is aimed at - he's just playing nice with Abigail for right now (i definitely think he's not done torturing her about the affair - which I'm all for)

I can see why he'd be upset with both of them for the affair even if he & Abigail weren't together - who wouldn't be peeved to find out their brother slept with their ex?     Plus there is still some resentment from when Chad left especially towards EJ & finding this out just amplifies the anger even more.

• Love 1

With all due respect to Chad just because Sami sent you the article and she wanted revenge against Abby that doesn't mean that she didn't have any sympathy for you as well.  Instead of focusing on "Killing the messenger", you should ask yourself while no one else in your family told you the truth. 

I don't know why it has to be an either/or situation with Chad. Sami sent him the article to hurt Abby and in the process he also got a wake up call about who Abifail really is. He deserved to know what scumbags that girl and his brother are and if Sami hadn't done it no one else would've. 

I'd buy all of that if Sami had picked up the phone and had a conversation with Chad about what was going on instead of blindsiding him with the article (having been blindsided herself a few times where the affair was concerned, she should understand how it feels.) She may not have intended to hurt him, but Sami didn't give two shits about Chad's feelings. I don't for a second buy that she thought he deserved to know (which is the same bs she fed Ben) about Abby, she wanted to punish Abby. If part of that punishment was hurting Chad, so be it.

• Love 1

Oh I totally think that Sami thought Chad deserved to know.  She may not have been the most diplomatic but Sami didn't think that Chad was coming back right away so there was no immediate recourse in her telling him.  Don't get me wrong it hurt EJ and Abby but the fact that she sent him the article which was published to me does show that she was sparing his feelings a little bit. I think if she didn't care about Chad at all she would of called him while EJ was still in jail and forwarded him the photos Nick sent her.

Plus I don't think that her calling him would of had a better reaction.  The nature of an affair is blindsiding. 

I'm still not even sure why this is an issue.  Sami and Chad weren't enemies, this wasn't a revenge scheme.  I agree she could of been a little more diplomatic about it, but you could also look at it the other way in that Sami was the only one to send Chad the information and actually let him know what was going on. Hell, Sami hates Nick for the trouble he caused but she never "blamed" him for providing her with proof that EJ was having an affair.

• Love 4

Also Chad was just as close with Sami as he was with EJ.  Sami and Chad had their own relationship through what they went through with "their" daughter Grace. The two people in the Dimera family that Chad really liked where Kate and Lexi.  With Stefano and EJ he always had his guard up.

Yes!  I hate how TIIC seem to pick and choose when it comes to history.  Chad and Kate had a bond, but so did Chad and Sami, as you said, because of Grace, and they also knew each other before Chad was Dimera'd because he was bbf's with Will.  Chad and EJ mainly bonded because of their mutual love for Lexie, but he was never enamored with being a Dimera like EJ and Stefano.  I'm glad he's embracing some of the gray though, but yeah, I doubt he would just forget his connections to Sami and everyone else, just because he's pissed about EJ and Abby. 

Uhhh Paige, JJ isn't obligated to tell you what Jack did to Kayla. IDK why she feels like she's entitled to know this bit of information about him. She really isn't as smart as she think she is because not all kids grow up to be like their parents. My mom had kids as a teenager, been to jail numerous times, and smokes and me I don't have kids and I'm in my 30's and never smoked a day in my life and never been arrested. So IDK why she's thinking that JJ is like Jack. Plus she's making Kayla all uncomfortable with her line of questioning which she isn't subtle at doing at all. Trying to be all giddy and smiley and why she wants to bring Jack up to a person that was raped by him is just beyond me. Why would you do that to someone?

Oh, no.  Haven't watched today's show, but this doesn't make me want to even bother.  Is Paige for real?!  Again, the fuck is it any of her business, and seriously -- girl needs to take a good look in the mirror if that's what she really thinks. 

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the biggest .... uh...promiscuous lady ... of 'em all.  (Censorship sure sucks the life right out of snark and wit.)"

If JJ is fated to be like Jack, then how is Paige not fated to be like Eve?  Maybe that's really her damage, she's afraid that she'll become her mother, and she's projecting.  But, still, harassing Kayla is just the lowest. She has absolutely no social skills or self-introspection -- that's a great advertisement for the sheltered, straight 'n narrow, studious life.   

Jenn just needs a muzzle.  Not sure if it's MR's acting choices, or the directing, that's causing Jenn to come across so obnoxiously judgmental.  What's with the women on this show?  Either bad girl desperate and pathetic: Sami, Nicole, Kate, Eve, Theresa, Kristen, or good girl shrewish and haughty: Jenn, Abby, Adrienne, Julie, Maggie, Marlena. 

Also like to point out, how the hell is John having flashbacks of Theresa hitting him in the back of the head? He doesn't have eyes there. You sure as hell can't have flashbacks of something you didn't see. For all he knew the butler could have whacked him in the back of the head.

I love this so hard.  This is always my complaint when flashbacks happen -- and I actually yelled at the tv (well, computer) when Jawn was remembering that night.  He should be remembering it from his perspective, and so he wouldn't have seen who hit him from the back (although I'm sure he could guess, since it was just the three of them in the room).  I really wish soaps would stop doing it that way, but I guess it costs more to shoot the scene from different angles, or to go back and reenact it a bit, as seen through Jawn's eyes.  Still, sucks.   

I can tell that I'm not going to like JJ and Dr. Dan, or Brady and Kristen.  Why is Brady?  He doesn't have much of a purpose or personality.  Just goes wherever the wind blows him.  If he gets with Kristen again, then he deserves every bit of pain she's going to cause him next.  And what a 'fuck you' to his father and stepmother, seeing as how Kristen has treated them, not to mention his brother.  But, bro's all about the bygones, as long as he can get some sex or coke.  At least Theresa's fun to be with, and he can get both at the same time. 

Oh, ffs.  Big, bad Sami is always at fault, and poor little Abby is just the victimiest victim who ever victimed.  Everything Sami does is about being mean, mean, mean to Abby.   And, hell, If that's true?  Ticker-tape parade for Sami.  Statue in Horton Square for Sami.  Sami gets a key to the city.  Nobel Peace Prize for Sami! 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

Oh wow, Stefano has disowned EJ once again. Shocking. EJ will die or "die" and Stefano will cry and make a big production out of how his precious EJ is dead. Whatever. 

I think Stefano's just mad because he can't get over how fucking dumb all his kids are. Chad's the only one with any brains.

THANK YOU!  That makes no sense at all and I'm really irritated at how he wakes up from a months-long coma and instantly remembers everything.   But Theresa is getting on my nerves as well.  She really needs to pull it together and play it off like John couldn't possibly know what he's saying due to his severe brain injury.  She's been stupid about the whole thing from the beginning of her confrontation with John.  I like Theresa and I want her to be better than this.  

• Love 5

Yes!  I hate how TIIC seem to pick and choose when it comes to history.  Chad and Kate had a bond, but so did Chad and Sami, as you said, because of Grace, and they also knew each other before Chad was Dimera'd because he was bbf's with Will.  Chad and EJ mainly bonded because of their mutual love for Lexie, but he was never enamored with being a Dimera like EJ and Stefano.  I'm glad he's embracing some of the gray though, but yeah, I doubt he would just forget his connections to Sami and everyone else, just because he's pissed about EJ and Abby. 

Oh, no.  Haven't watched today's show, but this doesn't make me want to even bother.  Is Paige for real?!  Again, the fuck is it any of her business, and seriously -- girl needs to take a good look in the mirror if that's what she really thinks. 

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the biggest .... uh...promiscuous lady ... of 'em all.  (Censorship sure sucks the life right out of snark and wit.)"

If JJ is fated to be like Jack, then how is Paige not fated to be like Eve?  Maybe that's really her damage, she's afraid that she'll become her mother, and she's projecting.  But, still, harassing Kayla is just the lowest. She has absolutely no social skills or self-introspection -- that's a great advertisement for the sheltered, straight 'n narrow, studious life.   

Jenn just needs a muzzle.  Not sure if it's MR's acting choices, or the directing, that's causing Jenn to come across so obnoxiously judgmental.  What's with the women on this show?  Either bad girl desperate and pathetic: Sami, Nicole, Kate, Eve, Theresa, Kristen, or good girl shrewish and haughty: Jenn, Abby, Adrienne, Julie, Maggie, Marlena. 

I love this so hard.  This is always my complaint when flashbacks happen -- and I actually yelled at the tv (well, computer) when Jawn was remembering that night.  He should be remembering it from his perspective, and so he wouldn't have seen who hit him from the back (although I'm sure he could guess, since it was just the three of them in the room).  I really wish soaps would stop doing it that way, but I guess it costs more to shoot the scene from different angles, or to go back and reenact it a bit, as seen through Jawn's eyes.  Still, sucks.   

I can tell that I'm not going to like JJ and Dr. Dan, or Brady and Kristen.  Why is Brady?  He doesn't have much of a purpose or personality.  Just goes wherever the wind blows him.  If he gets with Kristen again, then he deserves every bit of pain she's going to cause him next.  And what a 'fuck you' to his father and stepmother, seeing as how Kristen has treated them, not to mention his brother.  But, bro's all about the bygones, as long as he can get some sex or coke.  At least Theresa's fun to be with, and he can get both at the same time. 

Oh, ffs.  Big, bad Sami is always at fault, and poor little Abby is just the victimiest victim who ever victimed.  Everything Sami does is about being mean, mean, mean to Abby.   And, hell, If that's true?  Ticker-tape parade for Sami.  Statue in Horton Square for Sami.  Sami gets a key to the city.  Nobel Peace Prize for Sami! 

Word to you entire post.  Chad reminds me a lot of Benjy.  Benjy had no real interest in being a Dimera and was always fine being the estranged child.  Like Chad, Benjy preferred Celeste to Stefano and she was the only one he kept a relationship with.

This JJ/Paige storyline would only be interesting to me if they did go down Paige exploring her mother's past and possibly projecting like SwordQueen mentioned.   

• Love 1

John is also having flashbacks of Theresa calling him on the phone, from her point of view, like he was standing there watching her call him.

Are they really trying to turn Julie into a kinder, gentler version?  It's funny to watch her struggle with her new nature.

• Love 3

Thinking that Sami was a jerk for treating Chad like collateral damage isn't the same as taking Abby's side, though. Telling him *was* all about being "mean to Abby". My sympathy isn't, and wasn't, with Abby, but with Chad in this case. Just like it was with Ben when she went to him in the same manner. 

Thinking that Sami was a jerk for treating Chad like collateral damage isn't the same as taking Abby's side, though. Telling him *was* all about being "mean to Abby". My sympathy isn't, and wasn't, with Abby, but with Chad in this case. Just like it was with Ben when she went to him in the same manner. 

I can understand not being sympathetic to Sami (she often isn't) , but, did we really see that happening, though?  I mean, we hardly get to see anything onscreen anymore, and I don't remember actually seeing or hearing that Sami's purpose for telling Chad being all about hurting Abby.  If I could guess, I'd say, much like real life, it was probably a little of both.  Revenge against Abby, but also wanting to commiserate with and inform Chad, in a "Oh, hey, look at what your brother (my husband) and your ex-girlfriend are doing -- each other!" way.  Because, what they did was an affront to Chad, with his brother poaching his ex and his ex climbing all over his brother.  Rarely, if ever, acceptable behavior.  I think the impact of the affair would have been more understandable if he had been in town at that time, but, still, I can see why he's so upset.  He and Abby didn't have to be together for it to sting, given his feelings for Abby in the first place, and his purpose for being away was because he risked his life for family (EJ).  Them fucking each other, fucked over Sami and Chad, big time. 

I guess when all is said and done, I see Sami as a completely innocent victim in this mess, which, like, never happens when Sami is involved.  She didn't do anything to deserve what happened.  So, I can't put blame on her at all, and for Sami, her reaction has been quite mild.   

• Love 3

I remember Sami smirking and seeming somewhat amused with herself for sending the story to Chad in at least one scene. She never gave any indication that it was about anything other than exposing Abby--she even gloated about it to Abby. Given that's what was consuming her at the time, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that it's the only reason she did it.

Before everyone starts jumping on Paige AGAIN, how do we know she made the full leap based on one talk with Kayla?  She could've just figured out Kayla was his nurse and nothing more.

Meh.  Whatever.  It's like talking to brick walls.  You people can trash her all you like.  I'm maintaining my membership card to her fan club.

• Love 3

Am I missing something? Does Paige not know Jack and JJ's father are the same person or is she really just tone deaf as hell? Why was she going on and on about how Jack was a great man and she wished she could've have met him? He may be one of the few rapists in Salem who showed remorse and turned their lives around, but I doubt his RAPE VICTIM really wanted her to wax poetic about how awesome he was.

• Love 4

I guess from my perspective I have never really seen Chad or Ben as collateral damage.  To me in this scenario collateral damage would be the kids, Allie, Sydney, and Johnny.

For Chad it wasn't an issue of if he was going to find out, it was an issue of when.  Sami was the intentional messenger.  Yes, she got joy out of hurting Abby and EJ, but she was also in her own way commiserating with someone who would understand what she was going through. 

Her interaction with Ben was more about revenge, but she didn't tell him anything that was untrue and I think that also had to do with the fact that Sami thought Abby was her friend and was actually rooting for Abby to find happiness with Ben especially after her pregnancy scare.

This all feels like a moot point due to the fact that this information was going to get out. Now if there was this guise that the information was going to be kept a secret or this was something that had happened in the past I would feel more for Ben.  But Sami enlightening him about a woman he was just starting to date it is hard to feel like some sort of betrayal to their non existent relationship. 

• Love 1

Paige is one of those characters that I *want* so much to like, but something's missing. I need her to lighten up, maybe act like an 18 year old once in awhile, even crack a smile. Usually that level of glumness is accompanied by a heartbreaking back story, but they've given no indication that life's been anything too harsh for Paige. Of course, Dad's never been mentioned, so I suppose there's still time for that.

For Chad it wasn't an issue of if he was going to find out, it was an issue of when.  Sami was the intentional messenger.  Yes, she got joy out of hurting Abby and EJ, but she was also in her own way commiserating with someone who would understand what she was going through.

But there was no indication that Sami was interested in commiserating. Yeah, Chad was going to find out, but if Sami were truly interested in how he felt, she wouldn't have sent an email link and a hard copy of the article. There was no indication of a conversation between the two, just some bomb-dropping on Sami's part. That seemed a little cruel to me, or at least unnecessary.

Edited by shesajar

I don't remember actually seeing or hearing that Sami's purpose for telling Chad being all about hurting Abby.

There was a scene of her gloating to Abby about how she emailed Chad a copy and mailed him the print version. She was proud of herself, she didn't care about Chad. It was all about her sticking it to Abby.

• Love 1

I remember Sami smirking and seeming somewhat amused with herself for sending the story to Chad in at least one scene. She never gave any indication that it was about anything other than exposing Abby--she even gloated about it to Abby. Given that's what was consuming her at the time, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that it's the only reason she did it.

Absolutely. She didn't give two-shits about Chad's feelings until everything was A-Okay with Elvis. She did the same thing with Kate. Sami, you might want to let bygones be bygones, but everyone don't feel the same way. 

• Love 1

I wasn't following very closely today or Friday ... but Paige doesn't know the identity of Kayla's rapist, right?  Or did I miss something?

Kristen is just disgusting.  I don't understand why Dr. Tan didn't tell that dirty old rapist/kidnapper to get the fuck out of his apartment.  And Brady!  He really is the dumbest man on the planet.  There was no reason for him to tell Kristen thank you, for exactly the reasons Marlena said.  How does he manage to dress himself every day, much less drive a car, hold a job, etc. 

Sami looked so pretty today.  It's too bad AS is leaving because I liked the vibe between her and nuChad.  Ditto the relationship between Theresa and Eve.  They really need to stop wasting KdP and get her the hell away from the Jennifer vortex of boring.  As for Theresa, I can't see how she's going to get out of this situation, even though it makes no sense that John would or could remember her knocking him in the head with the poker.  I for sure don't want to see that asshole Kristen get the better of Theresa.  If she gets a comeuppance, it needs to be at someone else's hand.

Stefano can FOAD any time now, please. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

I guess when all is said and done, I see Sami as a completely innocent victim in this mess, which, like, never happens when Sami is involved.  She didn't do anything to deserve what happened.  So, I can't put blame on her at all, and for Sami, her reaction has been quite mild.

This.

If Chad really wants to get revenge, he'll get Sami to have sex with him.  I wish Chad would have mentioned being upset for Allie, Johnny, and Sydney's sakes.  Chad really loved those children.  Of course, supposedly so did Will and Sonny.

Doesn't Stefano disown Elvis every other month or so?  I want Stefano, EJ, and Kristen to die, go to prison, be buried alive.  I don't care which so long as they never return.

Good lord, Brady has actually gotten dumber.  I didn't think that was possible.

The writers are determined to ruin Theresa, and I refuse to let them.  Kristen, John, and Dan can all drop dead.  I'm on Theresa's side, and if she wants to bash them all in the head with the poker so much the better.

I want Kayla to have an SL, but not this SL especially since Corday and the writers treat rape so - I can't even begin to describe how disturbing the way they treat the crime of rape on this show is.  Corday and the writers are very sick callous people.

• Love 4

Before everyone starts jumping on Paige AGAIN, how do we know she made the full leap based on one talk with Kayla?  She could've just figured out Kayla was his nurse and nothing more.

Meh.  Whatever.  It's like talking to brick walls.  You people can trash her all you like.  I'm maintaining my membership card to her fan club.

I was just assuming Sneasel wrote another article. 

Actually, I can't speak to the Paige issue today since I ff'd that nonsense. But rock on with the Paigefandom. I'd pick her over Abby, if that helps. :-)

There was a scene of her gloating to Abby about how she emailed Chad a copy and mailed him the print version. She was proud of herself, she didn't care about Chad. It was all about her sticking it to Abby.

I'm not excusing Sami but I took that scene more as lashing out (as usual), trying to do anything to get to Abby and wanting Chad to be on her side. YMMV. 

I'm still confused about how Chad is supposed to be so upset that he isn't married to Abby with a Volvo in the driveway and a King Charles Spaniel puppy named Nell by the hearth. She dumped him and, as far as we've been shown, didn't so much as send him a get well card in the intervening year. So, yeah, Sami sending that article wouldn't get Emily Post's seal of approval, EJ still needs his head examine and deserved to be on the receiving end of Chad's sucker punch, and Abby needs to die. That sums it up for me. Every single time. 

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 2

Now if there was this guise that the information was going to be kept a secret or this was something that had happened in the past I would feel more for Ben.  But Sami enlightening him about a woman he was just starting to date it is hard to feel like some sort of betrayal to their non existent relationship.

Ben doesn't seem to have any self respect, but most guys would want to know that the girl they're interested in just got done screwing an engaged man who also happens to be the brother of the guy she used to date.

• Love 4

Was this before of after Abby barged into Sami's home, slapped her, and taunted her about how much EJ "wanted" her and how "connected" they were, and how "insecure" Sami was? 

I'm honestly dumbstruck at how Sami's reactions have eclipsed Abby's actions of not only sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face, but in taunting and physically assaulting Sami, in its awfulness.  Is Carrie this at fault for yelling at and slapping Abby?  Was Carrie just trying to hurt poor, little, angelic Abby? 

And, really, that's a bad thing?  Abby recklessly hurts and physically assaults others, and more often than not, smirks while she's doing it.  But it's not okay for others to do it to her?   Maybe I am just as horrible as Sami (maybe?  lol), because I say, you reap what you sow, Abs!  If one tries to 'turn the other cheek' with Abby, she'll just slap it, so screw that.  

IIRC, EJ and Abby had at least one conversation where they discussed what would happen if Sami found out.  They both knew who they were messing with, and yet, decided to forge on ahead with their affair.  The upset from Abby comes not from being surprised or hurt by Sami's anger, but from being called out on her own wrongdoings.   

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, or change minds -as if I could-but I am trying to understand the proper reaction Sami should have, if being angry, hurt, and spiteful are out-of-line and over-the-top human emotions for the situation at hand.  Sami wouldn't be Sami if she were all "bygones!" or hiding out in the bathroom slitting her wrists -- that's just not Sami, and everyone [in Salem] knows that.  I wouldn't expect Victor or Stefano to roll over with a betrayal like that, either.  Sami's a female version of those two, imo, along with Kate.  If you start it, they'll finish it.  I'm perfectly fine with that, especially on a soap, but YMMV. 

• Love 10

I don't care if Sami told Chad to spite Abby. Abby gloated about her affair to EJ in front of Sami and wanted to be the mistress all while smiling in Sami's face. Everyone was treating Sami like she slept with Abby's fiance and not vice versa. So if Sami got some pleasure from it then so be it. He would've found out about it anyway, Sami just made sure he found out sooner than later.

• Love 9

Exactly. She didn't care about Chad. And still don't. This is all about Elvis.

Don't mind if I do!  ;-)

You know, I liked her at one point.  First, I didn't, and then when it seemed like she had a personality under all that frown, I started to dig her and JJ together.  But, as long as she's acting simple, I'm going to "trash". 

Maybe I will like her again -- If she can stop fretting and worrying and butting her nose in where it doesn't belong.  Her behavior towards JJ and Kayla isn't something I root for.  And she already leapt when she pressed her face up against the door to the room where Kayla was speaking to a patient, and then ran to JJ to tell him all about her HIPAA violation (and his aunt's rape, in case he didn't know.). 

So, yeah, lol, I suppose I'm a brick wall -- it's to keep the stupid and simple out.  I'm never above changing my mind, but the writing has been so terrible lately, so we'll see. I want so much better for JJ/CM and I hope Paige rises to the occasion. 

eta: And like shesajar said, I want to like Paige. Though cliché, I enjoyed the Romeo and Juliet/Us Against the World vibe they had going for awhile.  I wished they (TIIC) would have taken that and ran with it.  But, the rape retread has quashed my good feelings towards her.  Ah, well.  The soap in my head is always much better.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4

Was this before of after Abby barged into Sami's home, slapped her, and taunted her about how much EJ "wanted" her and how "connected" they were, and how "insecure" Sami was? 

I'm honestly dumbstruck at how Sami's reactions have eclipsed Abby's actions of not only sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face, but in taunting and physically assaulting Sami, in its awfulness.  Is Carrie this at fault for yelling at and slapping Abby?  Was Carrie just trying to hurt poor, little, angelic Abby? 

And, really, that's a bad thing?  Abby recklessly hurts and physically assaults others, and more often than not, smirks while she's doing it.  But it's not okay for others to do it to her?   Maybe I am just as horrible as Sami (maybe?  lol), because I say, you reap what you sow, Abs!  If one tries to 'turn the other cheek' with Abby, she'll just slap it, so screw that.  

IIRC, EJ and Abby had at least one conversation where they discussed what would happen if Sami found out.  They both knew who they were messing with, and yet, decided to forge on ahead with their affair.  The upset from Abby comes not from being surprised or hurt by Sami's anger, but from being called out on her own wrongdoings.   

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, or change minds -as if I could-but I am trying to understand the proper reaction Sami should have, if being angry, hurt, and spiteful are out-of-line and over-the-top human emotions for the situation at hand.  Sami wouldn't be Sami if she were all "bygones!" or hiding out in the bathroom slitting her wrists -- that's just not Sami, and everyone [in Salem] knows that.  I wouldn't expect Victor or Stefano to roll over with a betrayal like that, either.  Sami's a female version of those two, imo, along with Kate.  If you start it, they'll finish it.  I'm perfectly fine with that, especially on a soap, but YMMV. 

Again, I'm not complaining about how Sami treated Abby. I'm complaining that she needlessly involved, and hurt, Chad. They are two separate things. She didn't simply tell him, either; she sent it to him via an email link and a package with the magazine. We can justify it all night long, but nothing in the writing or AS's portrayal showed it as anything other than Sami telling Chad because she wanted to hurt Abby. No indication of concern or conflicted emotions. I think intentionally causing a third party pain because his ex-girlfriend screwed your future husband is a shitty thing to do. She doesn't get a pass on that because Abby is a man-stealing troll.

If it's just a matter of Sami being Sami, I guess that goes a long way to explain why I dislike her so much.

I don't buy the "he was going to find out eventually" argument, either. If we'd been shown that Sami wanted to break it to Chad gently, there were plenty of ways they could have slipped that in there. They didn't, so I have to assume that it wasn't a consideration.

Edited by radishcake
  • Love 2

Doesn't mean I'm going to stick around to read it.  And I'm not.

Well, if that was your take-away from my entire post, then, cool?  It's all really a cow's opinion, anyway, so.  lol 

Again, I'm not complaining about how Sami treated Abby. I'm complaining that she needlessly involved, and hurt, Chad. They are two separate things. She didn't simply tell him, either; she sent it to him via an email link and a package with the magazine. We can justify it all night long, but nothing in the writing or AS's portrayal showed it as anything other than Sami telling Chad because she wanted to hurt Abby. No indication of concern or conflicted emotions. I think intentionally causing a third party pain because his ex-girlfriend screwed your future husband is a shitty thing to do. She doesn't get a pass on that because Abby is a man-stealing troll.

If it's just a matter of Sami being Sami, I guess that goes a long way to explain why I dislike her so much.

I don't buy the "he was going to find out eventually" argument, either. If we'd been shown that Sami wanted to break it to Chad gently, there were plenty of ways they could have slipped that in there. They didn't, so I have to assume that it wasn't a consideration.

I'm pickin up what your putting down, with Chad.  I guess I am of two minds about it.  Not sure if it can be compared to a wife telling the spouse/husband of the mistress-- it can be part revenge, but also commiseration and the wife's thought that the husband has a right to know.  Is it the right thing to do?  I don't know.  We have seen Sami go through the gambit of emotions and she did try and get people to understand and emphasize/sympathize with her pain.  Remember, she had hoped Adrienne would 'get' it, when Sami had her thinking Justin (Ha, I first typed Ned) had cheated on her.  Caroline was the only one who would give her that understanding, for which she was very appreciative. 

I do think that Chad would have found out anyway, and honestly, when I put myself in Chad's shoes, I would be much more hurt if I had found out through a disinterested third party way after it had happened, rather than from my family.  Chad might have raged at everyone (Sami and Kate included) if Sami hadn't told him.  DOOL is really bad at conveying and hitting the right beats with character motivations, which goes for all characters, so, I always have to fanwank a bit with that.  Just because she wasn't shown as being concerned for Chad, doesn't mean she wasn't (we saw most of her emotions only in short 'flashbacks').  We know she was looking for support and solidarity from her family and friends though, so it's not unbelievable that she would have sought it with Chad, as well. 

I'm not saying it wasn't done out of spite, but Chad did have a right to know.  Why didn't she call him?  I don't know, why don't most characters do that with off-screen characters.  We rarely see phone calls (except for Dan with Chloe and Parker, for some reason.  We are shown that, a lot.) when something like this goes down. 

I guess I just don't see how Sami can be judged by such high standards, when most other characters react in all kindsa irrational and petty ways for even lesser offenses.  Sami reacted partially out of spite, and so?  lol  I try and put myself in the character's shoes, when I watch and snark, and I would be all burn.it.down if I were Sami.  She's human, and she's Sami -- which means something when you consider how much worse her reaction could have been. No one got shot and Chad wasn't mailed the photographs.   

And telling Chad was a great plot point for getting him back in Salem -- which was most likely the actual reason for Sami being the one to inform Chad, but I'm ok with it any which way.  Don't shoot the messenger, and all that.  I like this Chad, so I'm glad he's back, however it happened.  lol 

• Love 7

Am I missing something? Does Paige not know Jack and JJ's father are the same person or is she really just tone deaf as hell? Why was she going on and on about how Jack was a great man and she wished she could've have met him? He may be one of the few rapists in Salem who showed remorse and turned their lives around, but I doubt his RAPE VICTIM really wanted her to wax poetic about how awesome he was.

No. But then again, this is soap land. People MARRY their rapists sometimes. And while Jack and Kayla were never Luke and Laura, nor even really comfortable around each other, they DID reach a peace with each other. I really hate that all that will be glossed over for this.

• Love 5

I'm honestly dumbstruck at how Sami's reactions have eclipsed Abby's actions of not only sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face, but in taunting and physically assaulting Sami, in its awfulness.  Is Carrie this at fault for yelling at and slapping Abby?  Was Carrie just trying to hurt poor, little, angelic Abby?

This is between Chad and Sami. That's what the scenes are, not  what Abby did. This is about what Sami did, she hasn't been angelic in how she behaved with Chad is the point. Yet she's defending EJ to him wanting them to mend their fences, when 2 minutes ago she was not caring about Chad at all when emailing him the article. 

She was the reason by her own words that Chad got shot and had to leave town in the first place, it was her actions that led to Chad taking bullets for EJ and needing treatment out of town. Yet she knew all that and still coldly emailed the article to Chad knowing it would hurt him and was one of the worst ways for him to find out what the brother he took bullets for and the woman he loved were doing. She also even mailed the hard copy to Chad.

All because she wanted to hurt Abby. Now today Sami's acting like she and Chad are close, that she cares about him, that she respects him and she wants him to reunite with EJ. When as Chad pointed out it was Sami's thoughtful email of the article that Chad wants nothing to do with EJ.  Sami didn't give any thought or care at all about Chad before, she only had and still only has tunnel vision hate for Abby. Abby's the blame for everything and EJ deserves forgiveness.

• Love 1