Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Abby is looking stranger by the day and did the show's hairstylist just give up on her?  Her hair hanging down does not look attractive--I'd rather see it in a bun then looking so stringy.

I though she had nice® hair when she first started on the show. It was one of her assets. But now I'm thinking she should get a haircut. Maybe they've overprocessed it and ruined what she had, assuming the hair she used to have was mostly natural.

Edited by bantering

So today was my first time watching in a very long time and I have to agree with everyone that NuChad is AWESOME!  FINALLY,  a male character that has personality, smarts and shading.  Loved watching him shut Will down. Yeah, Will, you go on and write a story about Chad - let's see how that turns out, you stupid hack.

I like Clyde and Kate together - there are possibilities there, but Jordan and Ben need to go. What a couple of really awful actors, Jordan especially. She is painful to watch. Not that I could see anything but her bazoombas in her skintight bondage dress.

Sami and EJ - aren't they gone yet? I feel like their Goodbye Tour has been going on for years. And how nice to see those two crazy kids have worked things out - good luck with your dysfunctional relationship - you're gonna need it.   I can't decide which one of you will kill the other one first.

• Love 4

Have they fully explained  yet what Clyde did to Jordan and Ben?

No, they have not explained anything.  It’s beyond boring and stupid at this point.

I can't decide which one of you will kill the other one first.

My money is on Sami killing EJ first if EJ gets out of Salem alive.

Will is an idiot, and I hope Chad crushes him.  It would be hilarious if Will writes an article about Chad, and Kate and Sami take Chad’s side against Will.

• Love 3

It was kind of comical seeing Chad playing keep away with Ben's money--Ben who is not only taller then Chad but also more muscular and with longer arms couldn't get his envelope of money away from a much shorter Chad?  I don't think so.

That shows you how much the directing has went downhill. There are ways to use camera angles so that it doesn't look ridiculous.

It seemed like Hugh Grant had taken over EJ today. Still, he really needs a hair cut. 

I was a little annoyed by both Ben and Nu-Chad today. I was annoyed by Ben just because. And I was annoyed by Nu-Chad because it seemed like he was messing with Ben simply because of Abigail. And while I do think Nu-Chad has better chemistry with Abigail, I still find her insufferable so any guy who shows a propensity for longing for her immediately annoys me. Still, I do think Nu-Chad can act. I'm just torn on the Abigail issue. He might be the one to accomplish what no man before him acting with her has been able to do -- make a romantic pairing with her seem viable and not annoying in some way. But actually getting into fights with other guys because of her is enough to make me want to go "Why?"

Why did Abigail and Rafe seem...uh...flirty with each other? Was the show chem-testing?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

He might be the one to accomplish what no man before him acting with her has been able to do -- make a romantic pairing with her seem viable and not annoying in some way. 

It's impossible for any romantic pairing involving Abby to be viable. 

• Love 3

It's impossible for any romantic pairing involving Abby to be viable. 

I dunno......there are several dayplayers on The Walking Dead I could see her with - they'd just EAT HER UP!

Time for a Salem Zombie invasion.  Marlena's secret plot, finally exposed!

• Love 2

Am I the only one wondering why Will isn't at camp with Allie, Johnny & Sydney? It would make it easier for him to share clothing with Johnny which, based on the last month's wardrobe, is exactly what he is doing. 

Why are they still at camp instead of in school?  Ciara is in school.

• Love 1

Today had a few arresting sights, didn't it?  I was particularly aware of Tammy Flue's "Drop a Nickel in the Jukebox" slot in her dress.  I imagine she picked up quite a bit of change walking around town in that, since it was impossible, with the way it was designed, to look ANYWHERE else.  I bet she sounded like a jangling piggy bank all the way back to her apartment.

And for some reason, every time I looked at Abigail today that old jingle "Chi -chi-chi-Chia, Chi-chi-chi-Chia" kept going through my mind.   Someone should plaster her with seeds now and by the time they grow out she could be the centerpiece for someone's Thanksgiving dinner.

Ej and Sami are getting back together, that's clear.  Oh well......Kami was fun while it lasted.

Poor Kate has slim pickins' right now in the men department.  With her choice being either Roman with the mixed scents of his Scalpicin and Dentu-Creme, or Clyde and his Old Spice and Meth aftershave, I guess I can see why she went with Clyde.  No wonder Rafe looks good to her, considering her options.  

I'm enjoying NuChad's Whirlwind of Scorn town tour.  Teasing lil' Ollie that way wasn't nice, but it sure was fun.  Fun, that is, until the Smuggersons showed up.  Sonny is slowly falling in my estimation.  I guess his need to bolster Sneasel and his apparent snit fit because Chad didn't text or call him the minute he hit town made him decide that his employee Ollie deserves his support more than his old friend and partner Chad did.  His nose is obviously out of joint for him to have changed his mind about Sneasel writing the Chad expose.  Bad move on Sonny's part IMO.  

Rafe needs to stay away from Abigail - well, EVERYONE needs to stay away from her, but he really needs to.  The guy isn't the brightest bulb in the socket to begin with, but she manages to make him look really dumb.  I hope they never match these two up because Rafe can't afford to lose any more brain cells.  Ollie, on the other hand, has none left to lose.

I did enjoy Abigail, though, following mad Ollie and when she caught up with him didn't ask him if was okay, but instead (Jenn would be so proud!!) immediately demanded he tell her what's going on.  That woman is all heart!

I'm hoping Clyde shows his true colors to Kate and takes her someplace that serves a real good squirrel stew.

• Love 3

I don't much cotton to Clyde or that troglodyte gang of his, but I am looking forward to Kate dismantling him limb by limb. Boy howdy!

NuChad is awesome, so long as he never calls Abby beautiful again. I'll seriously have to question his taste level aka eyesight if he does it again.

• Love 2

I did enjoy Abigail, though, following mad Ollie and when she caught up with him didn't ask him if was okay, but instead (Jenn would be so proud!!) immediately demanded he tell her what's going on.  That woman is all heart!

Yeah, this was another demonstration of her snippiness/impatience that gets on my nerves. If she wasn't considered sweet, I wouldn't find this quality so objectionable since demanding answers is a staple on soap operas. But when she gets like that I have no idea why people in town like her so much.

• Love 2

Whoa, you guys weren't kidding about Jordan's dress.  Thought she looked good though!

Man, Will is such a snake. 

Which is an insult to snakes, because I like (no, love) snakes.  I don't like Will.

Snakes also serve a purpose in the world.  Will does not. 

Sonny's stock goes down every time he waffles and kowtows to Will. 

Is this really the way Sami's story is going to end (onscreen)? 

Don't want to jump the gun before the SL is over, but, flames...on the side of my face...   

I'm in a complete state of denial about the demise of Kami.  It's a happy place. There's cocktails there. 

And squeee... Kate upset about Sami, "her partner".  They wuv each other. 

Oh, that was low, writers, trying to remind us of the first time Sami and EJ Wells met. 

Cheap ploy.  Not falling for it.

I enjoyed Roman's scenes yesterday and today. 

JT's Roman has only ever been good, imo, with Sami and Kate. 

I've never enjoyed his Roman with Marlena or Bo or anyone else. 

I'm not really understanding what Clyde can say about Jordan to "upset" anyone in Salem. 

Couldn't she just say that he was abusive and they had to run away (if that was the case)? 

That's kind of an understandable reason.

Unless there's more, but I'm quickly running out of care.

J/K, I never had any. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

ICGS, I wanted to, I really did.  I do love me some Ejami, but, it has all felt so forced and rushed and hasn't come together well for me. 

Also. I'm still pissed at EJ for cheating -- with Abby -- over and over.  If it were just that one day in the cabin and he acted appropriately ashamed and regretful, but it wasn't and he didn't.  Coupled with the Eric/Kristen lie, after they promised to be truthful with each other, and his documented affection, support of his mistress, I just wanted him to pay.* This isn't him paying.  I wanted Sami to realize she doesn't have to be grateful for scraps of love, especially EJ's love, when he isn't too busy fucking up her life.  Dammit, I wanted a Kelly Taylor ending for Sami.   

It feels a bit 'too little, too late' for me, I don't know.  And a pox on the writers' houses for making it this way.

Maybe if they had stared this story earlier and didn't drag it out for so long, we could have watched, over time, them coming back together. 

But, they did get to me a bit, talking about his EJ Wells days.  I'm weak. 

Imma just going to edit this post, instead of writing another. 

*I wanted EJ to lose everything.  And not just for two weeks; he needed to hit bottom and climb his way back.  Why?  Because, after, what, 8 years of trying to get her, and punishing her when he couldn't, EJ finally had everything he wanted.  He not only had Sami in his house and in his bed -- she was in love with him, too.  Finally.  He also had his family living in the mansion, without Stephano.  He should have done everything and anything to protect that. 

But, he lied to her about Kristen, and then taunted her with it by claiming Eric wanted it.  And when she got upset about those things (because she knew he was lying), he wouldn't give her any time or space to deal with it, but instead, got angry at her in return!  Even though he knew he was lying.  So, he protected his sister and his ego, rather than admit to Sami what he knew and let her deal with it.  Then he cheated on her with...that...girl...,and lied his ass off again to protect his ego.  He didn't choose Sami or his family; he chose himself (and he's no Kelly Taylor). 

So, I'm just over him and his claim of undying love for Sami ad his kids.  He finally had a chance to be happy and he fucked it up.  Sami shouldn't have to make that okay for him. 

And they haven't shown her as being in love with him again.  The reasons I've seen as to why she's "forgiving" him, are 1) She doesn't want to be old, alone, and bitter; 2) She doesn't want her kids lives' to be disrupted, and 3) She needs his support and protection against Stephano.  I wonder if Stephano hadn't been able to threaten them with retaliation, and the board wasn't all about their personal life, she would have even wanted to get back together with him.  Those seemed to trigger this about face in her. 

Okay, I'm clearly thinking about this too much!   

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

nuChad really does look like a combination of people. I guess it's because he's never done a soap & isn't as known. He seems to play smarmy really well. Why was he so mean & condescending to T? Did oldChad not like him? Also, what is the eta of AS & JS leaving? I know were six months from air date but when did AS have that big going away party?

That shows you how much the directing has went downhill. There are ways to use camera angles so that it doesn't look ridiculous.

Soaps have always been like that! My favorite moment growing up was a scene on Guiding Light where Kevin Bacon threw John Wesley Shipp up against a locker! And Shipp had to look scared! That is acting.

• Love 1

The entire Toddlers & Dimeras storyline has been a vast cauldron of suck. After 7 years of Abby's hymen having it's own storyline, we were subjected to endless scenes in which the Side Piece relived, pondered, guilt-tripped over, reveled in, etc. the aftermath of a decent lay. Seven years of hymen, 7 months of other lady parts. Salem, embrace your new heroine. The entire cast was reduced to pimping Abby. It made the Daniel propping look subtle. It also made Abby look like an escaped mental patient. The EJ & Sami end of the story was kept going by having them not talk. By not giving the audience direct insight into what the characters were feeling. 

I'm accustomed to this show half-assing everything worthwhile so I'm willing to take this rushed, ill-plotted reconciliation and enjoy. It's the last I'm going to get of Ejami, and I'm relieved. 

On another front, Jordan's dress yesterday was distracting. I say this as a heterosexual female: I kept staring at her breasts. Granted, I was wondering: what kind of bra does that to you? Is it a racerback? The wardrobe on this show is more fascinating than most of the stories. 

• Love 4

SwordQueen, I agree with your entire post.  EJ blew it, and he deserved to loose everything.

JS last day is supposed to be October 10th.

AS last day is supposed to be October 31st.

Between Roman, Clyde, and Rafe, Kate's best option is Sami.  No wonder Kate is so upset about their breakup.  I am to.  If only these writers were smarter.  Kate and Sami would be pulling another con on EJ, and in the end Stefano, EJ, and Kristen would be in prison.  Sami would divorce EJ, and marry Kate.  That's my ending, and I'm sticking to it.

Sonny, for the love of God, divorce the Sneasel, he's bringing you down with him.

• Love 4

By the time I fast forwarded through all of Sami's fugly face scenes I watched about 9 minutes of the show today.

Things are terribly boring right now.  I don't think the new Chad has the weight to carry much of a story, especially if it involves Abby and Ben, both of whom in addition to Jordan and Rafe, are the definition of BORING. Come on, writers, get your act together and create some plot worth watching.  BTW, you really don't have to do 3 months of build up for the viewers.  We aren't stupid, you know.

• Love 2

Come on, writers, get your act together and create some plot worth watching.  BTW, you really don't have to do 3 months of build up for the viewers.  We aren't stupid, you know.

I dunno.  I mean, at least for me, I feel pretty stupid for continuing to watch this shitshow year after year.  I must be in TIIC's target demographic. 

Can we go back to Abigail being a virgin?

Can we go back to Abigail being prenatal? 

• Love 5

I was thinking Sami would shoot EJ...then I thought Kristin would shoot EJ for turning his back on her...now I think Susan might shoot her drug selling, rapist son and frame Kristin for it.

That would be awesome.

Way too awesome for this show, frankly. It would be entertaining if Kristin and Jennifer both killed their drug dealing sons but, alas, when the last time this show consciously set out to entertain? 

This show usually sucks at send offs. Just ask Don Craig and Neal Curtis. 

• Love 1

Susan shooting EJ, and framing Kristen for it would be awesome.  It would be even better if it happened right after EJ discovered Sami having sex with Lucas, Brandon, Rafe, etc. and she told him she never forgave him.  She was only pretending to forgive EJ so he would deal with Stefano, and that would leave Sami and Kate free to continue with their scheming.

• Love 1

EJ discovered Sami having sex with Lucas, Brandon, Rafe, etc

Ha!  Sami's true exit from the show involving an orgy with her at the center would be so effed up that it's delightful and I want it!  That's a better Drop the Mic moment than revealing to EJ that Johnny and Sydney are really Lucas' though about as likely to happen.

I think that could happen if the show ever decides to age Sami's children, though she'd need to return to give it any juice.  The show would think itself so clever, revealing that the twins had different bio dads the whole time and the angst that would ensue, when a lot of us have been waiting for some version of this to happen ever since they decided to have the twins have different fathers.  What I'd prefer to see is for Johnny, Allie and Sydney, once they're all old enough (maybe college age), to realize that their situation really is unusual.  Their whole lives they never gave it a second thought that the twins had different fathers, because it doesn't come up at the European boarding schools they attended (where all the kids go while they're aging up), and their families never talked about it (for their sakes) when they were little.  They return to Salem for college (the twins transferring and Sydney as a freshman) where the topic actually comes up with their new friends and they are even judged by proxy for it.  This leads them to question Sami, who changes the subject, and for Allie to talk to Lucas, who flat out says he doesn't want to talk about it.  I don't know what character would be best to tell them in this scenario but I have a feeling that it would be a Horton (nosy busybodies) or maybe a Brady relative lets it slip.  Hell, I can see Marlena telling them as part of that years long science experiment she's been conducting.  Anyway, the three siblings learn that their mother was raped by their father/step-father while engaged to Lucas, resulting in Johnny.  I like to think that EJ's dead this whole time (since I hate him), so Sami deals with the bulk of the reactions (Lucas deals with some from Allie).  I like to think that all three would be horrified and sympathetic, with Johnny and Sydney having to deal with the emotional turmoil that comes from the news about their father but, knowing this show, they'd all probably blame Sami for it somehow, maybe even refusing to believe it and just deciding she was a slut.  It could make for riveting television seeing the three come to terms with this, what it means for Johnny and Sydney as far as Nature vs Nurture is concerned, and Sami and Lucas maybe finding a way to get closure on that horrible time (as I don't believe either has yet, they're both really good at ignoring what they don't want to deal with), and all three kids ultimately showing determination to make the right choices and be decent people.  I like to think this is how all this would go down but we'd probably see all three kids turn into True Dimeras, with Allie being revealed to be EJ's after all, the rape would never be revisited and EJ's crime would once again be glossed over.

I also don't think the show will last long enough for the producers to age up Sami's kids, so all of this is moot, but that's what I'd really like to see one day on this show.

• Love 4

I can't explain how excited I am for Susan.  I desperately want her to have scenes with Marlena and John and Sami.  Everyone basically....she will tell it like it is.

Think she will mention Edmund?  You know, the father who actually RAISED EJ?

• Love 3

I have to agree with the comment about Jordan the character is so damn drab and nothing they've attempted with it including inserting Kate and others has made her interesting. To compound the felony the actress' performance is like she's reciting a phone book to an empty room. No fire, energy, charm, believable emotion. It's sad e cause she did a great job on AMC as Amanda but at this point, I mean, so what? Maybe she doesn't like the character or acting anymore. They need to cut this pointless character loose.

On the positive side...I really like the NuChad. He's a breath of fresh air. He does look a bit like the Fallonator but that's not a negative and he he has an offbeat cuteness. His snark and attitude are lively.

Oh my Gawd. puked at the Sami and EJ scenes can't believe the show went there. I'm so against their reconciliation and if I'm supposed to get the warm fuzzies from them staring into each others eyes, gushing, cuddling, him preparing her a romantic meal...That's not for me, sir.

Abby's hair is starting to look fried and thinning. For a while like last week when she had that lank do I thought they were going for a grunge look bit now I just think its damaged from all the processes and she's lost a lot of weight from her already thin frame which might not be good. I hope the actress is ok.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

Abby's hair is starting to look fried and thinning. For a while like last week when she had that lank do I thought they were going for a grunge look bit now I just think its damaged from all the processes and she's lost a lot of weight from her already thin frame which might not be good. I hope the actress is ok.

KM's hair is not looking attractive but I hadn't noticed any weight loss--maybe the filming schedule is starting to affect her?  Either way, I hope she's okay.

• Love 1

I find it impressive that the show managed to piss of Ejami fans and Ejami haters all with one story. Well done, TPTB.

If we're ordering up orgies, can Paige be involved in one? Something needs to happen to make her interesting. Could she be a trans person? That would be entertaining. Eve really wanted a daughter so when she had a son she refused to accept it blah blah blah. Or Paige could go on the game. Or Paige could join a radical eco group and tie herself to one of the fake trees in HTS to protect it. I'm open to anything other than woe-is-me-Paige.

• Love 4