Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Oy, there's more....I think I stopped watching in protest for a time when they tried that Kayla/Shane thing. 

Yes, Kayla and Shane were always close, then it became more. They were both lonely.  Kayla and Shane fell for each other and both treated Kim like dirt. Kim being the big sister took it and did not want to deprive Kayla of happiness after Steve died. Kim suppressed her anger as always.  Kayla found out that Jeannie/Theresa was Shane's daughter and kept it a secret, afraid that it would send him back to Kim.  While Shane was playing daddy to Stefanie, he ignored Jeannie.  It was out of character for Shane because he loved Andrew when he was believe to be Victor's.  Jeannie was believed to be Cal's. Cal was a guy who was obsessed with Kim and he blackmailed Kim's doctor to say that he was the father of her baby. He even had the doctor induce Kim early so that the baby would be really believed to be his.. It was really fucked up, the baby could have been harmed. He even tricked Kim into shooting Shane, nearly killing him.  People wonder why Kim lost her mind. Shane did go see Jeannie when she was born and felt drawn to her.. Sherry came back and fixed the damage that was done to Kim, Shane and Kayla in her absence.  She started the long road of reconciliation for Kim and Shane. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Shut up, Chad.  Gabi and Abigail reached a resolution re: the pain they inflicted ON EACH OTHER, you don't get to score brownie points after handing your wife's baby to her rapist by snarling about how Gabi should suffer every day of her life.  And I'm glad it was brought up he's been doing his own scheming lately re: Sonny.

Also shut up, Hope.  I was glad, when Hope was bleating about Abigail going through hell, that Gabi volleyed right back that she also went through hell.  And instructing Rafe to do things by the book going after Stefan O.?  That didn't seem to bother her when she was murdering his namesake in cold blood and covering it up.

And shut up, Eve.  She is kinda a terrible schemer, she should have been better prepared to counter anything Jennifer et. al told Jack.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

um, ciara, you are supposed to attach the bell to the bike, not carry it around on your person. some biker.

LOL, that's right! I got three of them -- one for my son-in-law who survived a near-fatal motorcycle crash in 2015, my husband who, at 58, achieved a lifetime goal when be bought a Harley (just a few months before SIL's crash), and my daughter for her key chain because who doesn't want their daughter protected in every way. Each bell is unique and suits the recipient. I love them and actually count on them to keep them safe : )

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lastwaltz said:

LOL, that's right! I got three of them -- one for my son-in-law who survived a near-fatal motorcycle crash in 2015, my husband who, at 58, achieved a lifetime goal when be bought a Harley (just a few months before SIL's crash), and my daughter for her key chain because who doesn't want their daughter protected in every way. Each bell is unique and suits the recipient. I love them and actually count on them to keep them safe : )

here's to safe riding! 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, SueB said:

She had to run out but then told Haley they were going to talk after Haley passed on her shift notes (which was a responsible thing to do).  So it may be a future scene. 

I REALLY enjoyed the Abby/Gabi scenes.   I think how damaged Gabi was came as a surprise to Abigail.  KM did a good job of showing that Abby was really listening.  Further, Abby has been clear that she owns the actions her alters did (consistent with keeping the baby).   Finally, I wonder if seeing Jack made her realize that Arianna’s needs come first.   Jack’s return is such a sea state change for Abby — it may be providing some perspective.   

Regardless, I approve of her choice.  I think she left the relationship with Gabi in an excellent ‘endstate’.   ‘Damage done on both side, let’s focus on our children and not each other.’  That’s a proper end IMO. 

And if Chad focuses on his own life, that’s a better choice too.  

Chad wants Gabi to spend the rest of her life in prison when part of his life falling apart was his own stupidity.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Chad wants Gabi to spend the rest of her life in prison when part of his life falling apart was his own stupidity.

The thing Abigail is most pissed about is Chad handing her baby over to her rapist.  That's not something Gabi planned for, suggested, etc.  That was all Chad.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, Chad.  Gabi and Abigail reached a resolution re: the pain they inflicted ON EACH OTHER, you don't get to score brownie points after handing your wife's baby to her rapist by snarling about how Gabi should suffer every day of her life.  And I'm glad it was brought up he's been doing his own scheming lately re: Sonny.

Also shut up, Hope.  I was glad, when Hope was bleating about Abigail going through hell, that Gabi volleyed right back that she also went through hell.  And instructing Rafe to do things by the book going after Stefan O.?  That didn't seem to bother her when she was murdering his namesake in cold blood and covering it up.

And shut up, Eve.  She is kinda a terrible schemer, she should have been better prepared to counter anything Jennifer et. al told Jack.

Is here where I say that I cannot stand St FancyFace and never could? As far as I'm concerned, she could have stayed dead for good in 1990. I much preferred Bo with Carly until she was all but ruined by TPTB. Heck, I thought Bo and Billie (LR's Billie and RKK's Bo - I know, RKK is decidedly questionable in his real life) were more enjoyable to watch. 

Also, I'm just not buying KDP as Eve (although I liked her way, way back on GL as Chelsie). I really, really miss Charlotte Ross who was a bitch on wheels but yet she made you feel for her. This Eve is quickly verging into Y&R's Phyllis and Pricktor hate to hate territory.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why did Jack and Eve break up?  I wish they could do flashbacks. They never made love when they were married?  Really?

Their's was a marriage of convenience. Nick Corelli was murdered (by Jo as Nick was supposed to have killed Patch) and he left Eve money that she could not claim unless she was married per the terms of his will. Jack, who was desperate to save "The Spectator" and was somewhat on the outs with Jennifer after her rape by Lawrence (Jack didn't know what had happened until months later), agreed to marry Eve, but the marriage was soon annulled because Jack was in love with Jennifer and Eve was in love with Frankie. 

4 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Oy, there's more....I think I stopped watching in protest for a time when they tried that Kayla/Shane thing. 

If ever there were poster children for anti-chemistry...

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Their's was a marriage of convenience. Nick Corelli was murdered (by Jo as Nick was supposed to have killed Patch) and he left Eve money that she could not claim unless she was married per the terms of his will. Jack, who was desperate to save "The Spectator" and was somewhat on the outs with Jennifer after her rape by Lawrence (Jack didn't know what had happened until months later), agreed to marry Eve, but the marriage was soon annulled because Jack was in love with Jennifer and Eve was in love with Frankie. 

If ever there were poster children for anti-chemistry...

Jack also helped Jo fake insanity so she could skate on murdering Nick Corelli. Even though Jack had changed, he was still able to use his scheming powers for good, lol.   Jo was such a fascinating character, she was not the traditional mother like Alice or Caroline. She was a different type of mother willing to go to the depths of hell for her children.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
On 1/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, JBC344 said:

Omg your right. Forget my last post.  Abigail was a huge Daniel fan. That is what actually started the issues with her and Chloe. Abigail trying to disparage Chloe.

Allowing Chloe to give her that epic reality check about her own stunts she pulled on Austin and Carrie before telling her that Jack would be ashamed of the woman she has become. The last time anyone was allowed to check Abby. 

I never saw that Chloe/Abby scene & really want to. Do you know when it aired?

10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The board has never really forgiven Kayla for not defending Sami and siding with Abigail. As a huge Kayla fan, it was very hard to defend it. I can only fanwank that Kayla held a grudge against Sami for being with EJ, a man who tortured members of the Brady family, EJ enjoyed tormenting Steve. So Kayla would believe that EJ took advantage of Abigail. Plus, Sami was pretty friendly with Ava at some point.   Another vile character who hurt her family and did kill her father.  Sami has done some awful things against her own family. So, I will not hold Kayla's disloyalty against her. Plus, it was bad writing intended to prop Abigail..

Exactly, while I was on Sammi’s side with Abigail, I was team F Sammi with her pleas to Kayla. Sammi wasn’t about family and family loyalty when she chose EJ (the man who raped her) and Ava over Steve, Kayla, Stephanie and everyone else he hurt and almost killed. People need not have selective memories because it’s okay to have your favorites and overlook all their flaws, but it’s ridiculous to act as if others be they on the show or off should. I understand fan bases because I love Kayla, but a lot of those attacks on Kayla were awfully reminiscent of those who defend Abigail at all cost.

• Love 3

The miscasting of KDP is really showing in this storyline because she is placed back into the Jack and Jennifer orbit and the ghost of CR looms large. Say what you want about the Brady mess, at least it was a KDP as Eve story that was her own.

So Kayla did speak to Steve. So we are now to believe that Steve remains AWOL because...? So no Steve, and Kayla remains a prop for other chracters’ stories.

CB as Gambi is so good and KM as Abby is so...KM. Putting them in scenes together really does Mansi no favors.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

People need not have selective memories because it’s okay to have your favorites and overlook all their flaws, but it’s ridiculous to act as if others be they on the show or off should. I understand fan bases because I love Kayla, but a lot of those attacks on Kayla were awfully reminiscent of those who defend Abigail at all cost

Speaking for myself and not as part of a monolith, I had big issues with Kayla's reaction. Kayla's fans defending her can dig in heels assigning motive to her behavior as well as her haters as far as I see it. 

Kayla annoyed me for two reasons which was strong residual irritation of her behavior over Carly being with Bo after Hope left him & that Kayla showed zero sympathy for Sami as a person who just had her heart crushed. Sami is her niece and Kayla acted like she didn't have a shred of compassion for that niece's pain. (it is like the show forgets Kayla is also a Brady and she has many Clan Brady relatives). Kayla is supposedly the bigger and better person than Sami yet all she cared about was how her other niece Abby felt. It didn't help that everyone in town also only cared how Abby felt while making assumptions and dismissing Sami's pain, similar to what we have seen play out with the Gabi story where no one cared about Gabi's feelings after being framed & incarcerated. It really didn't help knowing Abby was the aggressor with EJ but was coddled like the victim (again) by the townspeople. And it was infuriating that the official twitter account blamed the tawdry fling on "Sami going out of town on business" in a tweet with the writing soon making Sami the bad guy despite her being the innocent one who actually got hurt by what happened. Obviously mileage varies but for me and some of my friends who felt similarly, it made Kayla look cold and she is supposedly better than that. I always wished Carrie was around then cause she & Sami had their sordid history but after what Abby did with Austin, Carrie maybe would have been the only one not quick to rush to Abby's aide and tell her it wasn't her fault 

Back to current events, Hope needs to stop picking and choosing when to apply the law.The Jack & Eve stuff is good in the Friday ep.  I also need Ciara to learn to read the room. I did like the flirty stuff cause the actors can really sell the attraction between Ben & Ciara but the Chad commentary was grating. I hate Chad and I hate Abby so their scenes are always tough for me but I am going to side with Abby about Chad's behavior. *has a stroke from typing that*

• Love 6

What I find so fascinating about Jack is that even though he has amnesia, his personality is intact. He is not different like Hope and Will were when they came back with amnesia.  His interactions with Eve today, questioning her about her motives was pure Jack. Jack was raised by Anjelica and Harper Devereaux, he does not suffer fools gladly. I have a feeling that Jack will have flashes of his rape of Kayla and that will sear it in his head that he is dangerous and wrong for Jennifer. Eve told him about his dark side for a reason.  It was why he always pushed Jennifer away in their original run.  Also, Eve talk about her and Jack being bad was what she told him to get Jack to marry her to get the inheritance all those years ago. I know that Julie is hated on here, but, I want her all up in Jack and Jennifer's business like before. She was one of the few people who was pro-Jack in a town of anti-Jack people.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Speaking for myself and not as part of a monolith, I had big issues with Kayla's reaction. Kayla's fans defending her can dig in heels assigning motive to her behavior as well as her haters as far as I see it. 

Kayla annoyed me for two reasons which was strong residual irritation of her behavior over Carly being with Bo after Hope left him & that Kayla showed zero sympathy for Sami as a person who just had her heart crushed. Sami is her niece and Kayla acted like she didn't have a shred of compassion for that niece's pain. (it is like the show forgets Kayla is also a Brady and she has many Clan Brady relatives). Kayla is supposedly the bigger and better person than Sami yet all she cared about was how her other niece Abby felt. It didn't help that everyone in town also only cared how Abby felt while making assumptions and dismissing Sami's pain, similar to what we have seen play out with the Gabi story where no one cared about Gabi's feelings after being framed & incarcerated. It really didn't help knowing Abby was the aggressor with EJ but was coddled like the victim (again) by the townspeople. And it was infuriating that the official twitter account blamed the tawdry fling on "Sami going out of town on business" in a tweet with the writing soon making Sami the bad guy despite her being the innocent one who actually got hurt by what happened. Obviously mileage varies but for me and some of my friends who felt similarly, it made Kayla look cold and she is supposedly better than that. I always wished Carrie was around then cause she & Sami had their sordid history but after what Abby did with Austin, Carrie maybe would have been the only one not quick to rush to Abby's aide and tell her it wasn't her fault 

Back to current events, Hope needs to stop picking and choosing when to apply the law.The Jack & Eve stuff is good in the Friday ep.  I also need Ciara to learn to read the room. I did like the flirty stuff cause the actors can really sell the attraction between Ben & Ciara but the Chad commentary was grating. I hate Chad and I hate Abby so their scenes are always tough for me but I am going to side with Abby about Chad's behavior. *has a stroke from typing that*

Chad wanted Gabi to spend the rest of her life in prison.  I consider that awful since no one died.  I hate Chad too.

• Love 10

Chad, you now will get the reward of Abigail. Maybe look at the situation objectively - Abigail, through her own actions, set things in motion that destroyed her friend's life, framed her for a crime, sent her to prison, allowed her to be beaten badly, have no chance for any more children, has few employment prospects. Oh yeah, Chad and I will take you out for dinner to say thank you to you. No way. Gabi may have gone about her scheme poorly, but she certainly should not take Abigail's poor behavior and not really owning up to what she did. Abigail always skates by. And Abigail got a small taste of karma. If Chad gets back together with her, he gets Abs at his finest and Gabi should be happy that Chad is out of her life and that she can have better things with someone else. Both Abigail and Gabi are not good people and are deeply flawed. Abigail still needs to work through a lot of her own issues and maybe she should be alone for a while.

Chad used his own free will to make a lot of poor life choices too. He is no victim and is not innocent. Hope and Trask and everyone else should simply shut up. Hope has done some crap stuff, Trask just is on a power trip, and good ol' Rafe has to put up with Hope.

Hope, shut up. Now you have something on Ben - that he kidnapped Gabi. His boss asked him to do a task. Whether he liked it or not that was his job. If he didn't do it some other henchman would. Ben would go back to the homeless shelter.

Rafe, you certainly got Stefan in a good headlock. Hope you don't need physio for doing so.

Eve, go ahead and stick it to Jenn. You are playing with a man who has no memory and will just delay the inevitable of Jack most likely winding up with Jenn or someone else entirely! Spinning a bunch of semi lies and stories is not going to win him. His curiosity and logic will reveal themselves and you will take yet another fall.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Chad, you now will get the reward of Abigail. Maybe look at the situation objectively - Abigail, through her own actions, set things in motion that destroyed her friend's life, framed her for a crime, sent her to prison, allowed her to be beaten badly, have no chance for any more children, has few employment prospects. Oh yeah, Chad and I will take you out for dinner to say thank you to you. No way. Gabi may have gone about her scheme poorly, but she certainly should not take Abigail's poor behavior and not really owning up to what she did. Abigail always skates by. And Abigail got a small taste of karma. If Chad gets back together with her, he gets Abs at his finest and Gabi should be happy that Chad is out of her life and that she can have better things with someone else. Both Abigail and Gabi are not good people and are deeply flawed. Abigail still needs to work through a lot of her own issues and maybe she should be alone for a while.

Chad used his own free will to make a lot of poor life choices too. He is no victim and is not innocent. 

Yep, well said.

I've mostly liked Chad, always loved Billy Flynn, but Chad can go fall down a deep hole right now.  I get why he's mad at Gabi, but his need for vengeance on this magnitude, while paying nothing more than lip service to his own sins, compounded by him now trying to suck up to Abigail makes me not want to bother with him currently.  

I hope he and Abigail get back together ASAP, they deserve each other.

• Love 12

Eve’s actually willing to seduce Jack just to keep him from finding his memory or connecting with Jen 😒 K.

If Failure, who is one of the most immature people in town, is willing to move past what Gabi did then Chad should too. He and Abby really need to embrace accountability. 

Ciara looked beautiful today. Can I have her hair? 

Thank Heavens there’s some pep in these stories since my other soaps are either shitty (Y&R) or dark (B&B) right now. I don’t ask for much damnit. 

• Love 12

That was some really creepy scary music during the First Ben and Ciara scene.  I was a little afraid for Ciara when she told Ben about her crush on Chad.  Maybe some things are better kept unsaid.  

Stefan’s house security sucks.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

The miscasting of KDP is really showing in this storyline because she is placed back into the Jack and Jennifer orbit and the ghost of CR looms large. Say what you want about the Brady mess, at least it was a KDP as Eve story that was her own.

So Kayla did speak to Steve. So we are now to believe that Steve remains AWOL because...? So no Steve, and Kayla remains a prop for other chracters’ stories.

CB as Gambi is so good and KM as Abby is so...KM. Putting them in scenes together really does Mansi no favors.

I know it is genetically possible for two blue-eyed parents to have dark-eyed children, but it has always bugged me that since KM assumed/resumed the role, Abigail is super dark-haired and dark-eyed. I loved the bits I saw of MM - not only could she act circles around KM, she looked like a child of Jack/Jenn should look. I guess KM's Abigail takes after paternal grandfather Duke Johnson (I know, I'm so mean). JJ also being dark-haired, dark-eyed grates less because CM is a darn good actor. 

I mean, I look at Ciara, and she looks so much like a young KA...and she can act. 

I know a good actor can make you forget all about the fact that X looks nothing like how a character should look, but KM ain't the one to make me forget.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 7

I like Jack.  Never knew him before but I like that his base instinct is "truth".  I know he was a newsreporter and this all fits.  I just like that THIS is the personality trait that doesn't get lost in the amnesia.

Eve honey, you are looking desperate if your go-to move is to get Jack in bed.

Chad.  Crush the Dimera ring.  Profess that you are going to get help for your anger issue (you have them).  THEN try and talk to Abby.

Abby honey, find a brush.  

I loved the little (likely adhoc) moment when Kayla took Jen's hair out of her coat for her.  Sweet.

Stefan cracks me up.  Manhandled by Rafe and yet taking it all in stride.

Ben, Ben, Ben.  Kidnapping Gabi is not going to go over well.  Glad you know 'jealous' is a bad look for you.  The word you're looking for is trigger.  Hopefully you are still meeting with a therapist.  If not, you need to.  And talk about this trigger.

I hope Jen and Abigail have a real conversation.  They need to come to grips with what happened.  And Abigail HAS to know her mother loves her.  So, perhaps if she can wrap her head around why Jen was 'team lockup', that will help her.  Although I never SUPPORTED Jen or Chad in locking up Abigail, at least it might be easier to understand.  

It's after New Year's.  And Gabi is still wearing her Christmas Eve white dress.  That's gotta be ripe by now.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Charlotte does loom over this story, doesn't she? I like KDP, but I have always had a parallel vision of Charlotte as Eve in her stories.  At least I did until Eve slept with JJ - after that, KDP owned the role, especially during the Kiriaki messes.  Now I'm overlaying Charlotte again. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The thing Abigail is most pissed about is Chad handing her baby over to her rapist.  That's not something Gabi planned for, suggested, etc.  That was all Chad.

And this is what Chad has to realize--he glibly talks about how he hurt Sonny but then he turns around and wants Gabi to suffer in jail.  Chad needs to finally admit to himself that it was inside of him to hate Abby's baby, to be okay with handing Abby's baby over to her rapist, none of that is on Gabi.  Abby seems to get her role in Gabi's pain which then led to hers--Chad still doesn't see the correlation and that's worrying.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And this is what Chad has to realize--he glibly talks about how he hurt Sonny but then he turns around and wants Gabi to suffer in jail.  Chad needs to finally admit to himself that it was inside of him to hate Abby's baby, to be okay with handing Abby's baby over to her rapist, none of that is on Gabi.   

A lot of it is. 

While Chad's behaviour and Chad's reactions are on him, he needs to own that. All his reactions are based on everything Gabi did to him. Would Chad have handed that baby over to Stefan if he knew  Charlotte was his? No. None of this would have gone down the way it did had Gabi not changed the paternity to say that the rapist was the father. Another thing she had no issues with, having an innocent child be handed to a rapist.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Artsda said:

A lot of it is. 

While Chad's behaviour and Chad's reactions are on him, he needs to own that. All his reactions are based on everything Gabi did to him. Would Chad have handed that baby over to Stefan if he knew  Charlotte was his? No. None of this would have gone down the way it did had Gabi not changed the paternity to say that the rapist was the father. Another thing she had no issues with, having an innocent child be handed to a rapist.

A lot of the problems between Chad and Abigail were there before Gabi changed the paternity results.  A part of Abigail liked Stefan and hated Chad, planned to ditch him and run away with Stefan, that is not on Gabi.  Gabi had no idea and never anticipated that Chad would betray his wife, deprive her of her baby and schemed with his nemesis to lock her up.  Even she was bewildered by what went down. Furthermore, Stefan and Abigail as Gabi with a Y had no care in the world about how Arianna would be affected with losing her mother once again. A little girl who has also been separated from both of her daddies at different points in the short time that she has been on the earth.   As awful as Stefan is he would not have harmed Charlotte and he actually allowed the Hortons to bond with her. Charlotte was fine.  We cannot say the same for Arianna..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

A lot of it is. 

See, I still don't give Chad a pass on this. Even with false information, he, at minimum, knowingly handed over an innocent baby he thought to be his niece and his own son's half-sister/cousin, to a rapist. Not a lot of difference in my book when you consider that given Stefan's heinous and very clearly criminal actions of raping Abigail could - and should - have resulted in him being in prison and not able to have access to Charlotte. On some level and maybe it's just me, it's kind of gross to think about Chad only wanting to protect that baby if she was his biological child and since she wasn't "it's here you go, Stefan?" Not just kind of, but definitely gross IMO.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9

It really isn't on Gabi. It is still on Chad.

Chad chose to hate the baby. Chad chose to hand Charlotte off to Stefan. Chad couldn't move past what happened with Stefan and Abby/Gabby. He found it in his heart to love Thomas when he thought the baby was Ben's. Chad was willing to raise the child as his paternity be damned. Gabi's plan was aimed at Abby and Chad indirectly got some of the heat. But he is still a man who made bad choices all on his own. It isn't a woman's fault. Chad is a grown man who made bad choices and should own it just like Abby owns her part in this finally and Gabi owns her part. 

Would Chad have made different choices had the truth been known? Sure. But good choices or bad choices, they are still choices Chad made. Chad is basically acting towards Gabi as Eve is acting towards Jennifer. It is always someone else's fault they chose to do what they did. That is a childish mentality. 

• Love 13

Abigail could have avoided all of this if she had gone to doctors to check herself out. She should have done it not only for her peace of mind, but, for her children.  A few months ago, she nearly killed 3 women and framed another woman for murder that she committed with the aid of her rapist. So, I have no sympathy for Abigail because her stupid plan to divorce Chad and marry Stefan backfired on her stupid ass.  What is so infuriating is that everybody will kiss her ass, beg for forgiveness and not remind her that she played right into Gabi's hands with her crazy actions. As always, she will not be held responsible for anything bad that she has ever done. Ron has given her a ready made excuse with her stupid DID. Abigail is the last person who is repressed that needs to hide behind an alter to give in to her inner taboo desires. The bitch had no problem climbing Mount EJ, not once, but twice while smiling up in Sami's face.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
20 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Oh I agree as a Kayla fan. I will fight for my girl but some of the ish done with her character is indefensible. The Shane thing, the Kim thing, the Carly thing. Kayla was decimated under the new show running concept that the supercouples were trash and that there could  be no character who could and should just be a good person. Even at her sweetest, Kayla was tough as nails and could fight dirty when she had to, the character didn’t need to be ruined. Strangely, Kayla especially suffered in the new anti-supercouple era. The show wanted to crush the super couple concept, yet it didn’t truly want Kayla to evolve beyond Steve. She got stuck in and remains in this limbo.

Yes, the fact that the show frequently acts as if characters who were once super close be it through blood or friendship now not only have no connection but actively can’t stand one another for no reason plays a huge role in driving fans like me away. Days was the show of families, characters and connections and it got morphed into the show of convenient plot lines. IMHO, it has not and mostl likely will not recover from this because Corday is the ultimate source of the breakdown of the show.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Oh I agree as a Kayla fan. I will fight for my girl but some of the ish done with her character is indefensible. The Shane thing, the Kim thing, the Carly thing. Kayla was decimated under the new show running concept that the supercouples were trash and that there could  be no character who could and should just be a good person. Even at her sweetest, Kayla was tough as nails and could fight dirty when she had to, the character didn’t need to be ruined. Strangely, Kayla especially suffered in the new anti-supercouple era. The show wanted to crush the super couple concept, yet it didn’t truly want Kayla to evolve beyond Steve. She got stuck in and remains in this limbo.

Yes, the fact that the show frequently acts as if characters who were once super close be it through blood or friendship now not only have no connection but actively can’t stand one another for no reason plays a huge role in driving fans like me away. Days was the show of families, characters and connections and it got morphed into the show of convenient plot lines. IMHO, it has not and mostl likely will not recover from this because Corday is the ultimate source of the breakdown of the show.

Your post is perfect.  I loved everything you said about Kayla. No heroine on this show has been spared from character assassinations over the years.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I just wanted to say that I love Gabriella Adrianna Josephina Hernandez. I am glad she didn't weep or apologize to Abby or Stefan. I am also glad she put Hope back in her place with that "Abigail put me through hell too" comment. I hope in the future she doesn't let these Abby apologists breath. 

CreamySmugBarracuda-max-1mb.gif

• Love 14

I’m glad Abby isn’t forgiving Chad. He doesn’t deserve it. I remember when I read the spoiler that he was going to exchange her newborn baby for the chance to have her committed. I was like there is no coming back from that. She should never trust him ever again. That was so incredibly selfish. They could’ve had him somehow trick Stephan into having Abby committed while pretending he was going to give the baby to Stephan only to secretly hide her away at the last minute all the while bonding with her or some other ridiculous scenario that doesn’t have him handing the baby over to her rapist right in front of her. Screw him. 

I’m glad Abby decided to call things even, but I get why Chad is so pissed at Gabi. I don’t have a problem with him wanting her to go down hard. He never tried to hurt her. The worst thing he’s done to her was end their romance. She fucked with his life royally then comforted him while he basically grieved over it. He’s no saint, but ever since we were all supposed to jump on the bygones train so they could become a couple, with the exception of Rafe, he’s been her best friend.  

Yes, he needs to own his choices that led to Abby being done with him, but that doesn’t erase what she did to him.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

A part of Abigail liked Stefan and hated Chad, planned to ditch him and run away with Stefan, that is not on Gabi.

Just clarifying, but by "a part of Abigail liked Stefan" do you mean the alter felt that way? Not Abigail as herself, right? It gets confusing when there are multiple personalities, lol. 

But regarding Chad, I think he embraced his dark DiMeira side when he started wearing Stefano's ring that Kate gave him. Another good move, Kate, geez. I don't think the ring possesses any super powers, but I thought of it being an anvil the day that scene aired.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Just clarifying, but by "a part of Abigail liked Stefan" do you mean the alter felt that way? Not Abigail as herself, right? It gets confusing when there are multiple personalities, lol. 

I find it hard to understand what exactly they're going for with Abigail's DID. On OLTL, they made it like Jessica's alters were a part of her and did the things she wanted to but couldn't so I just assumed that was how Abigail's DID is, but they maybe seem to want us to think Abigail's alters aren't like that and are just, like, completely separate beings or something. I have no idea really lol.

• Love 7

Great point, @peachmangosteen -- we never got a really good explanation of her illness or her recovery. The much-maligned week's-long vacation with Grandma didn't expose much to the viewer : ) I don't think I've thought much about what reassembling the alters means to Abigail. Hmm....

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I completely agree.  Also, being a good person does not mean the character has to be a doormat or perfect.  Good people have flaws and make mistakes to.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Rowan said:

I’m glad Abby decided to call things even, but I get why Chad is so pissed at Gabi. I don’t have a problem with him wanting her to go down hard. He never tried to hurt her. The worst thing he’s done to her was end their romance. She fucked with his life royally then comforted him while he basically grieved over it. He’s no saint, but ever since we were all supposed to jump on the bygones train so they could become a couple, with the exception of Rafe, he’s been her best friend.  

Chad has every right to be angry with Gabi .  Gabi did terrible things, but, Gabi did not target Abigail for kicks.  What pisses me off is the fact that Chad and his lady do not ever see how their actions have affected other people, it is all about them. Look at what Chad did to Sonny regarding Leo, this is the second time that he has upended Sonny's life for his own gain. Sonny does not know how he screwed up Sonny's business dealings, putting strain in Wilson's marriage, but, we the audience do. So Chad could FOAD in my humble opinion.  Now he is going to hide behind Gabi's sins to absolve his own.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

Forgot to mention how incredibly annoying it was when Abigail was telling Chad it wasn't JJ's decision to make regarding leaving Charlotte alone with Chad.  You DUMPED that baby on JJ after he said NO.  You decided to run off and see Jack and didn't even listen to JJ.  Since JJ did nothing to actually harm Charlotte, you do not get to criticize him for his decision.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Chad has every right to be angry with Gabi .  Gabi did terrible things, but, Gabi did not target Abigail for kicks.  What pisses me off is the fact that Chad and his lady do not ever see how their actions have affected other people, it is all about them. Look at what Chad did to Sonny regarding Leo, this is the second time that he has upended Sonny's life for his own gain. Sonny does not know how he screwed up Sonny's business dealings, putting strain in Wilson's marriage, but, we the audience do. So Chad could FOAD in my humble opinion.  Now he is going to hide behind Gabi's sins to absolve his own.  

I’ll admit I don’t have all the particulars on the Chad betrays Sonny to put himself in a position to take down Stephan. I ff through quite a bit of that. I do know that he kept information that could’ve helped Sonny avoid the harassment claim which then led to the murder and body dumping all in the service of gaining power at Titan. Sonny shouldn’t forgive him. I just don’t know that he was as deliberately proactive in making all that happen as say Gabi was in messing with his life. Again, I skimmed through most of that story and maybe I missed some things. 

I totally agree that Gabi’s hate for Abby was well earned. I just don’t think what Chad did to Sonny and what Gabi did to Chad are on the same level.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I’ll admit I don’t have all the particulars on the Chad betrays Sonny to put himself in a position to take down Stephan. I ff through quite a bit of that. I do know that he kept information that could’ve helped Sonny avoid the harassment claim which then led to the murder and body dumping all in the service of gaining power at Titan. Sonny shouldn’t forgive him. I just don’t know that he was as deliberately proactive in making all that happen as say Gabi was in messing with his life. Again, I skimmed through most of that story and maybe I missed some things. 

I totally agree that Gabi’s hate for Abby was well earned. I just don’t think what Chad did to Sonny and what Gabi did to Chad are on the same level.

They are not on the same level, but, they are similar in that a friend betrayed another for some type of personal gain.  It is funny how Chad was collateral damage in Gabi's scheme against Abigail and Sonny was the same thing in Chad's scheme against Stefan.  Kate pulled Chad into her scheme against Titan/Stefan and Gabi did the same to her against Abigail/Stefan.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Forgot to mention how incredibly annoying it was when Abigail was telling Chad it wasn't JJ's decision to make regarding leaving Charlotte alone with Chad.  You DUMPED that baby on JJ after he said NO.  You decided to run off and see Jack and didn't even listen to JJ.  Since JJ did nothing to actually harm Charlotte, you do not get to criticize him for his decision.

I thought the same thing.  She didn't check to see if JJ had to go to work, had something else to do, an appointment, or simply didn't feel like taking care of a baby.  Abigail just dumped the kid and left.  

But that's Mansi's Abigail, even when she's better, she's still awful.

• Love 20

I'm still Team Gabi.

I wish Carrie had been in town, and had already mended fences with Sami before Sami decided to burn EJ and Slappy down.  I would have loved a conversation where Carrie went to see Sami, and asked, "Why didn't you tell me what was going on?  I thought we were getting along.  I would have helped you."  Sami, "I appreciate that Carrie, but you're nice, and I needed someone more like me.  Kate fits the bill perfectly."

• Love 6

It’s kinda funny how RC is continually writing Kate Mansi’s Abigail as a total biotch. Of course, this was done 6 months ago but RC wrote it. I’m getting the impression that he liked writing for Marci Miller better. Her Abigail was a little more multifaceted and now with Mansi as Abigail she is a raging biotch. Maybe, he’s projecting. LOL!!!!!

• Love 7
On 1/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Apprentice79 said:

What I find so fascinating about Jack is that even though he has amnesia, his personality is intact. He is not different like Hope and Will were when they came back with amnesia.  His interactions with Eve today, questioning her about her motives was pure Jack. Jack was raised by Anjelica and Harper Devereaux, he does not suffer fools gladly. I have a feeling that Jack will have flashes of his rape of Kayla and that will sear it in his head that he is dangerous and wrong for Jennifer. Eve told him about his dark side for a reason.  It was why he always pushed Jennifer away in their original run.  Also, Eve talk about her and Jack being bad was what she told him to get Jack to marry her to get the inheritance all those years ago. I know that Julie is hated on here, but, I want her all up in Jack and Jennifer's business like before. She was one of the few people who was pro-Jack in a town of anti-Jack people.  

Yes!  So true.  I attribute this mostly to MA's talents, however.  Jack has always been a very perceptive, intelligent person and one of my fears in bringing him back is that they might make him idiotic.  I don't have an issue if he comes back with questionable morals (he has always been a bit shady and scheming), but I do want his wit and humor to be intact as much as possible.  

I also agree about Julie.  If I remember correctly, Eve worked for Julie in the past and Julie had her pegged even back then, so Julie would be a good person to talk to Jack before he gets too involved with Eve.  Ugh... I hate even typing that...

• Love 9

I still don't understand why Eve is so fixed on Jennifer. Where's her anger toward Ben? Brady? Victor? Is it just because Jack was the most convenient zombie put in her path? I hope this part is fixed soon -- not that Jack and Jennifer run into each other's arms; I want a satisfying trip back together for them -- but I don't know how long I can watch KDP be this awful version of Eve that I don't understand. Eh, I've said as much before in plenty of other cases, but still, I don't like it.

• Love 5

Eves motivation makes zero sense.   She just gives Zander all that insider trading info ?   Surely she could have used that differently and help herself somehow.  

I agree that Eves anger should be more focused on Ben and Brady.  

Ben JMHO which I stated before the show doesn’t want to put a face on his victims.  It’s also why I think Abigail/Ciara or Abigail/Ben haven’t really shared any scene together. 

Brady what does he have that Eve could hurt?   I don’t think he has a job.   He already does not have a great realatinship with his family.  He can go visit his son anytime.  

Kayla scene with Jack was extremely difficult to watch.  

• Love 4