Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/26/2018 at 10:32 PM, Frozendiva said:

So what if Chad is wearing the DiMera ring.

Could Kate possibly have made a bigger fuss over that magic ring? Was it supposed to transform Chad into the reincarnation of his father? I mean, Jesus!

Also, will someone tell me that the writers CAN'T POSSIBLY be doing another "accidental" death and murder trial? At this point, why not just put all three of Ari G's parental units in the slammer? Maybe Will should give Leo-slash-Matthew a shot of Doctor Rolf's Fabulous Anti-Death Serum? Or did we decide it's not supposed to do that anymore?

On 6/29/2018 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

Jesus, Eve is being an absolutely horrible person.

But Eve is a horrible person. I think at least in this, the show is being somewhat consistent. She always was awful. She and Bonehead Black deserve each other. Poor Tater-Tot.

Wait -- Leo has ... fans? Like, LEO-Leo? Seriously?

But I do like this new side of Gabi, not taking crap off nobody, no how! (It's wrong that I wanted her to bitchslap Stefan NO, isn't it?)

On 7/1/2018 at 11:05 AM, Apprentice79 said:

... it's pretty clear to any viewer over the age of 12 that Theresa wasn't forcibly kidnapped and held prisoner just so she could clean house)

I don't know -- Noodle Velasquez and his Roving Band of Stealth Chambermaids might have been the terror of San Augustìn, or wherever.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 11

Don’t Abigail and Chad live together?    Why didn’t she just take his toothbrush?

stefan just leaves his door unlocked?   That doesn’t seem like a good idea in Salem.    

Gabby is so pretty.   Then her hurt and anger take over and you can see the ugly in her face.  Wow. 

Johns face when will and Paul said I love you was everything.   John is really good in the dad role.  

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, tribeca said:

John's face when will and Paul said I love you was everything. John is really good in the dad role.  

I find Jawn quite likeable when he's in Dad-mode. Hogestyn seems almost comfortable in scenes stressing that relationship with Jawn's various kids, step-kids, ex-kids, whoever. Except for his overuse of the word "kid," which kind of gets on my nerves. (But I think it saves Jawn from having to remember all the names and degrees of relationship.)

I think righteous anger kind of suits Gabi, and I think she's entitled, at least for now.

Every time I think Leo's plotline can't get any stupider, the show delights in proving me wrong.

• Love 11

Oh man.  I was just coming around to like Sparkle and Will together, but I'm so about original recipe Wilson.  That's my ship and I'm sticking to it. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, rwlevin said:

Wow, Leo must have the softest skull ever. There's no way that have should have killed him. 

::imperfectly resists temptation of mentioning one B. Black::

Edited by Sandman
Though maybe thin-skulled isn't QUITE the same as soft in the head.
  • Love 4

Like somebody posted on Twitter, why did Abigail have to steal Chad's fork from the restaurant to get his DNA when she could have just stolen his toothbrush from their jointly occupied home.

"Back when John thought he was Roman." "Takes the fun out of that memory, doesn't it?"

John has no business joking with Steve about his eye when it's his fault that he's blind in the first place.

That may be the first time I've ever heard a male character referred to as a whore.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Like somebody posted on Twitter, why did Abigail have to steal Chad's fork from the restaurant to get his DNA when she could have just stolen his toothbrush from their jointly occupied home.

Because she is an idiot.

• Love 10

Farewell, Leo.  Done in by a fireplace.  And a soft noggin.

Will, you're an idiot.

Freddie Smith is a horrible, horrible actor.

Can we get one show without a damn flashback?

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Because she is an idiot.

lol  Good point!

• Love 5
(edited)

NOOOOOOO. They just did this plot!

Maybe Bonehead Black isn't that much dumber than the rest of the populace. Why does everyone have the short-term memory of a goldfish? Is it something in the water? Toxic emissions from a Dimera Enterprises heavy manufacturing plant that we forgot to blame Andre for? Spillover radiation from the singularity pulsing at the heart of Horton Square?

Sonny, remember: this is how Gabi went to jail. Twice.

::sighs:: Ah, well, nothing says "We're meant to be together" like covering up manslaughter.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Because she is an idiot.

Hold on to that thought: It'll come in for general application, as there's a lot of that going around.

Again.

19 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Freddie Smith is a horrible, horrible actor.

I'm sorry, but it must be said: Smith's acting and the limits thereon are most emphatically NOT the problem with this story.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Sandman said:

::sighs:: Ah, well, nothing says "We're meant to be together" like covering up manslaughter.

I'm sorry, but it must be said: Smith's acting and the limits thereon are most emphatically NOT the problem with this story.

Can I tell you that I enjoyed the crap out of Will and Sonny's scenes and I thought both actors showed their characters believably freaking out and I especially liked Will's resigned agreement to help--he doesn't approve but he isn't going to let Sonny go through the cover up alone.  I like it :)

I hope Kate changes her mind and realizes that she and Gabi can team up to take down Stefan--I like the idea of them partnering up because no one would be expecting it.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Can I tell you that I enjoyed the crap out of Will and Sonny's scenes and I thought both actors showed their characters believable freaking out and I especially liked Will's resigned agreement to help--he doesn't approve but he isn't going to let Sonny go through the cover up alone.  I like it :)

I think it was in character for Will to (a) want to call the police at first, and (b) be unable to turn his back on Sonny; and to the extent that both actors did show the two freaking out pretty vividly, I thought the actors did what they could with the material -- but, it's such a dumb, oft-repeated cliché that I can't really enjoy it. I don't think it's noticeably in character for either to jump right to "there's no other way but to hide the body."

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8

What sort of bonehead chooses to wrap a heavy Persian type rug around a deadweight body? They will need Xander, Brady, and probably Henderson to cart Leo off. I have an Indian wool rug in my basement and it weighs a ton. Surely they could carry him out to the car like Weekend at Bernie's. All they had to do was call the police, explain that Leo was choking Will and then Sonny, whilst trying to free Will, sent Leo clonking in to the mantle. All that is missing is Paul, and then it's the Sami/Kate/Gabi retread of Nick Fallon.

Stefan, you can love Gabby all you want, but she no longer exists and is part of stuffy, unpleasant Abigail.

Kate and Gabi would be great at taking Stefan down.

Of course, Abigail will need to explain her woes to Kayla. I can't imagine that there would be a DNA result for a number of weeks.

Marlena and John getting married in August?

Maybe someone from the bionic eye company can actually sit down with Steve and talk about his new eye?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That may be the first time I've ever heard a male character referred to as a whore.

I know!  And it wasn't Victor saying it.  His favorite word (other than slut) has been given to another character.

• Love 2

what exactly are Sonny and Will going to DO with Leo now that he is wrapped in a rug and I guess they are going to put him in his car and do WHAT after that? 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sandman said:

Thank you.  Freddie Smith's acting (which I don't think is that bad.  Every board I go on about this show is just complaining about his acting.  Like he's the only bad actor on the show.  Please.  Anyway.) is not the problem.  The story is just stupid.  Sonny marrying Leo would've been the better story.  I don't know why they just couldn't go that route.

• Love 5
(edited)

Hey, I might even have preferred the full Weekend At Victor's slapstick approach to this retread cover-up weak sauce --maybe.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, superdeluxe said:

Thank you.  Freddie Smith's acting (which I don't think is that bad.  Every board I go on about this show is just complaining about his acting.  Like he's the only bad actor on the show.  Please.  Anyway.) is not the problem.  The story is just stupid.  Sonny marrying Leo would've been the better story.  I don't know why they just couldn't go that route.

Not to mention, the potential angst for Horita. Will becoming increasingly jealous and protective of Sonny could have been a good beat to play.  Plus, you have the Arianna factor. Will could even assert his right, as the biological father, over Sonny. Will has never used that against Sonny. Will could forbid Leo, being around her.  Gabi would be caught in the middle of them. Perhaps Sonny's marriage of convenience could even blossom into love.  If only Leo was played by a hot looking actor who could act.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, the potential angst for Horita. Will becoming increasingly jealous and protective of Sonny could have been a good beat to play.  Plus, you have the Arianna factor. Will could even assert his right, as the biological father, over Sonny. Will has never used that against Sonny. Will could forbid Leo to be around her.  Gabi would be caught in the middle of them. Perhaps Sonny's marriage of convenience could even blossom into love.  If only Leo was played by a hot looking actor who could act.  

Ah, we were thinking the same thing -- Will becoming jealous and protective of Sonny and maybe the marriage of convenience could blossom into love.  That has way more drama potential than the nonsense with hiding a dead body.  That's so Ron to go with the more ridiculous story.

• Love 3

I'm only watching sporadically these days, but it's so hot today, I stayed in and watched.  All through the show I wondered if they'd mention it being July 4th, and finally at the end Paul had a throwaway line.  But then, I wondered, why was the custody hearing happening on holiday?   Might as well have not bothered with the July 4th mention.   I know, budgets and all, but I miss the days of 4th of July picnics and celebrations. And I'm not even American!  ;)

• Love 10

Jesus Christ, Eve, please, shut the f*** up! And pulling the sister card is ridiculous.

"The final nail in that bastard's coffin."  LOL

Where did Maggie get those paper towels?

"Former husband"? Have we determined that Theresa and Brady were ever married?

Why was the custody case being held on the Fourth of July?

• Love 6

There must be other people to testify for Teresa.   Brady was drinking not that  long ago. 

JJ has really been impressing  me lately.   His talk with Lani was loving, supportive and mature.  

That must have been a huge glass of juice Ari spilled ?

• Love 8

What sort of courthouse or family type judge is open on a US national holiday? Unless there is some emergency bail hearing, everyone is off!

If the rug is silk, you clean it one way; if it is wool, another.

Maggie won't notice that her rug is missing? That someone may have stolen it from the dry cleaners? Will and Sonny just should have dragged Leo out of the house making him appear drunk.

JJ is the voice of maturity this summer in Salem - who knew. Just don't go back to Lani. Must be nice that the hospital has so many spare beds that Lani can stay there for several days, until she is ready to go home. Or has a good health care insurance policy.

Surely people can mention that Brady has been drinking recently, that he was abusive to his previous fiancée Nicole.  He has many failed relationships. He is immature, needy, controlling, etc. He did set up Eve and pretended to be interested in her to scam her. He's not exactly been dad of the year. Whiny, manipulative, self-absorbed. Maybe he cares for his son, maybe he doesn't.  Eve, you couldn't give a crap about Theresa being your sister.

Chloe is going to help out in this case? How? That Theresa left her with her kidnapper? And feared for her life by not rescuing her?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'm only watching sporadically these days, but it's so hot today, I stayed in and watched.  All through the show I wondered if they'd mention it being July 4th, and finally at the end Paul had a throwaway line.  But then, I wondered, why was the custody hearing happening on holiday?   Might as well have not bothered with the July 4th mention.   I know, budgets and all, but I miss the days of 4th of July picnics and celebrations. And I'm not even American!  ;)

Thank you for mentioning this, I remember 'back in the day" when the Teen scene would be swimming or everyone was going on a picnic, or even many cast members attending fireworks(and young men would have their shirts off :)  Instead we had a sad show about Lani crying over her baby(altho JJ was caring & kind), and a court hearing.  And its SUMMER, why are folks like Marlena, John &JJ wearing jackets?!  Why aren't folks at least dressed in summer-style clothing?  Well, hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Holiday, it was Hot&Hot here in the Midwest.

• Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Can I tell you that I enjoyed the crap out of Will and Sonny's scenes and I thought both actors showed their characters believably freaking out and I especially liked Will's resigned agreement to help--he doesn't approve but he isn't going to let Sonny go through the cover up alone.  I like it :)

I hope Kate changes her mind and realizes that she and Gabi can team up to take down Stefan--I like the idea of them partnering up because no one would be expecting it.

I love the idea of them teaming up but I actually think it would be expected (not that they shouldn't do it).

The two characters have a close relationship that is regarded by everyone in Salem and they previously teamed up years ago to kill another character they both had conflict with.

If I were Stefan and say them together I would immediately be worried.

• Love 4

Sonny taking time in the middle of DISPOSING OF THE BODY OF THE MAN HE ACCIDENTALLY KILLED to be all, "Oh, you're having memories?  Are you already back in love with me?  Do you need tips on how to quickly and remorselessly dump Paul?" to Will was unreal.  Shut up, Sonny.

• Love 9

Shut up, Eve.  I think we can put that one on repeat.

And Claire, zig-zagging from hyperventilating over Ciara's safety to laying another smooch on the guy she likes.  Girl, what even.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"The final nail in that bastard's coffin."  LOL

Raise your hand if you expected a tiny little hysterical titter to escape from Sonny at that.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are you already back in love with me?  Do you need tips on how to quickly and remorselessly dump Paul?" to Will was unreal.  Shut up, Sonny.

Come on, we all know that's where this is headed. On the other hand, I don't think Sonny went quite that far -- yet.

I'm not even paying attention to that little bitch Brady and his "You're an unfit mother because ... er, reasons" whingeing. Oh, and shut up forever, Eve!

16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

If the rug is silk, you clean it one way; if it is wool, another.

And if it's either one, or any natural fibre, you shouldn't come within two feet of it with a chemical solvent. That scene gave me goosebumps, but only because I don't want that rug to be ruined. Come on, Maggie!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Thank you for mentioning this, I remember 'back in the day" when the Teen scene would be swimming or everyone was going on a picnic, or even many cast members attending fireworks(and young men would have their shirts off :)  Instead we had a sad show about Lani crying over her baby(altho JJ was caring & kind), and a court hearing.  And its SUMMER, why are folks like Marlena, John &JJ wearing jackets?!  Why aren't folks at least dressed in summer-style clothing?  Well, hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Holiday, it was Hot&Hot here in the Midwest.

You mean something fun like this:

• Love 7

I'm glad unintelligible French guy actually went there with asking about Brady running off to Canada with Tate and Nicole and Holly.

Yeah, I'm sure a place that sells food would be really happy to have Eric bring in his home made food.

• Love 7

I know I shouldn't take this so seriously, but it is seriously bugging me that Theresa is even being entertained for full custody when she does't have a home for her child. She is squatting at JJs studio apartment. 

Remembering happier days- how about that 4th of July picnic many years ago when Vivian had been brainwashed or something and was being nice? I remember her saying something like "this beanie-weinie cassoulet is out of this world!" My sisters and I still use that sometimes....

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, I'm sure a place that sells food would be really happy to have Eric bring in his home made food.

Right! I was like 'wait what' at that part lol.

I just can't with Claire. The acting is SO bad. Her hyperventilating was hilarious.

• Love 9

the lawyer is french?! am i losing it even more or does he sound like he has a spanish accent?

4th of july was cancelled why? court on a holiday? is that real? and if so, no one gets to have a bbq? 

6 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

the lawyer is french?! am i losing it even more or does he sound like he has a spanish accent?

4th of july was cancelled why? court on a holiday? is that real? and if so, no one gets to have a bbq? 

Gilles is French. I don't know if Ted is supposed to be, though.  His accent was stronger in the past. 

• Love 2

Lunch bag kiss scene was one of the most WTF ? moment of this week.

Theresa’s face expression... the best part even she was like WTF did Brady do when she’s gone?! 

Eve... stop dropping off forbidden apples around the town! 

Brady... I still don’t understand why you still want Eve? You thought it’s Genesis with her? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! I was like 'wait what' at that part lol.

I just can't with Claire. The acting is SO bad. Her hyperventilating was hilarious.

Well, let us remember Claire's mama was played for a nanosecond by Charity Rahmer, and then you can see the apple didn't fall far from the "hilariously bad" acting tree!

• Love 4

I agree with Fen Tiger about Theresa having no home to offer her child. She can't just walk back in to his life and expect custody. Not like Brady is a better option. He is a grown, probably 40 something man living in his grandfather's mansion. No home of his own.  Surrounded by servants who probably do most of Tate's 'parenting' And he is in yet another engagement within a year or so. from the one after Theresa. Add in Nicole and now Eve, and there is a pattern. With a woman who he only developed an interest to get his company back from his dead relative's widow. And whose murder he is somehow implicated. Eve also is not a huge poster child of stability - her daughter was murdered, she had an affair with her daughter's boyfriend, she married a man she knew for 5 minutes. Her interest in Brady was not 'sincere' at first. And then boom, they fell in love. Or codependence.

Chloe's 'testimony' was useless - she was not held captive for over a year by the druglord. She was in no position to say much about Theresa and her being in Mexico.

Eric bringing food to Doug's Place was odd. Unless there was a problem in the kitchen or something.

Ben is becoming his unhinged self. Hope, I get that you want to protect your daughter, but she is an adult woman now - i.e. over 18 - and she can make her own choices. She does not want to be rescued. Claire hyperventilating? Seriously?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny taking time in the middle of DISPOSING OF THE BODY OF THE MAN HE ACCIDENTALLY KILLED to be all, "Oh, you're having memories?  Are you already back in love with me?  Do you need tips on how to quickly and remorselessly dump Paul?" to Will was unreal.  Shut up, Sonny.

Will was the one who was all, “Oh, by the way, I had a memory...”. He didn’t have to do that.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Gilles is French. I don't know if Ted is supposed to be, though.  His accent was stronger in the past. 

He did say today, in reference to Brady's revolving door love life, something about him being a Frenchman.  I thought he was the best part of today's show.

I love Justin but man he's a lousy lawyer.

• Love 8

I am enjoying Ted. I liked how he kept saying "Mr. Brady Black." He also hit on a number of points from Brady's recent history that don't show Brady in a very sympathetic light. Although I also agree that Theresa shouldn't be asking for custody when she's couch-surfing at JJ's and has no income that I am aware of

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, boes said:

Just to say, for the umpteenth time, WHERE THE HELL are KIM AND SHANE?????

Kim and Shane can't be mentioned because of the obvious glare that they are rich and can easily buy Theresa a place to stay and provide her with enough money to take care of Tate.

This is just like when Paige was going through her crisis of not having any money for college, Kim and Shane couldn't be brought up because there is no way they wouldn't of written their granddaughter a check for college or already had a college fund in place after her birth.

Kim and Shane's presence along with their money and influence would solve 90% of their children's problems, hence they can't be mentioned.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, boes said:

Just to say, for the umpteenth time, WHERE THE HELL are KIM AND SHANE?????

Seriously, Mr. Sheffield doesn't have an opinion about one of his daughters trying to take his grandson away from his other daughter?  That's bananas.

ETA...AND Mr. Sheffield could testify to Theresa's not having fucked off to Mexico for fun, but because she was protecting Tate and Brady.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Claire, you're so distraught & concerned about Ciara, but apparently that doesn't stop you from trying to jump Tripp's bones again?! WTF girl?!?

Hey, a girl's gotta do whom a girl's gotta do. Or, y'know, something.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Will was the one who was all, “Oh, by the way, I had a memory...”. He didn’t have to do that.

That whole conversation was stupid and took me out of the scene. I know that it is a soap and people do unbelievable stuff, like, having sex before they die. However, this made no sense. It would have been better for Wilson to have that conversation at another time.  There was a dead body in the living room, during the day, with a child sleeping upstairs. 

I still think that the show should have had Leo marry Sonny.  Perhaps, Wilson secretly get married, so, that Sonny's marriage to Leo would be invalid.  In the interim, Will would be looking for dirt on Leo.  Sonny would be the first gay bigamist..lol  The fallout from that would affect Horita's relationship. Paul would lose it, if he knew that Will not only lied to him, but, also remarried Sonny in their scheme to take down Leo..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I agree with Fen Tiger about Theresa having no home to offer her child. She can't just walk back in to his life and expect custody. Not like Brady is a better option. He is a grown, probably 40 something man living in his grandfather's mansion. No home of his own.  Surrounded by servants who probably do most of Tate's 'parenting' And he is in yet another engagement within a year or so. from the one after Theresa. Add in Nicole and now Eve, and there is a pattern. With a woman who he only developed an interest to get his company back from his dead relative's widow. And whose murder he is somehow implicated. Eve also is not a huge poster child of stability - her daughter was murdered, she had an affair with her daughter's boyfriend, she married a man she knew for 5 minutes. Her interest in Brady was not 'sincere' at first. And then boom, they fell in love. Or codependence.

Chloe's 'testimony' was useless - she was not held captive for over a year by the druglord. She was in no position to say much about Theresa and her being in Mexico.

Eric bringing food to Doug's Place was odd. Unless there was a problem in the kitchen or something.

Ben is becoming his unhinged self. Hope, I get that you want to protect your daughter, but she is an adult woman now - i.e. over 18 - and she can make her own choices. She does not want to be rescued. Claire hyperventilating? Seriously?

You are so right re: Brady not being an appealing choice either. But if this situation were "real" leaving Tate in the mansion where Maggie at least brings some stability is probably best. But I feel kinda dumb even giving this that much thought.... lol.

I think the McGuffin about Eric making the rounds with food was that Roman had made too much for Fourth of July. Anyway, he was able to make the rounds and get all the gouge.

Claire is ridiculous.

• Love 7