Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

They're making Stefan worse and worse.  The poor woman is shrieking from pain in her head, and it doesn't faze him at all.  Instead he simply encourages her to "fight" so they can run off to a hotel room.  

Still worried for Marlena.  She gets kidnapped on a regular basis, and it's been a while now since the last time.

Really? Vivian got Leo hired as Sonny's assistant? Yeah, that's believable. Not.

I did enjoy the inter-action between Vivian, Victor and Maggie. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I don't know who I hate more, Trask for her unprofessional behavior re Gabi or Stefan for his grossness with Gabby.  

The Gabby and Stefan stuff is just sick. It's like he wants to create some version of Abby that he wants. Like some blowed up doll to pleasure him.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I want the darn Spectator to have a physical office space. Without one, I'm interpreting this as Jennifer and Adrienne just claiming to run a website they actually don't....and everyone just going along with it because they don't care enough to visit the site...

Oh, shoot Disneyboy;  it would just be that same office as always:  the Horton Center office, Hopes office, I think it may be an office in the hospital, even the office in Hong Kong, FFS.  Gosh, can't they even move the window and the door?  lol  ;) 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Y'all, Marlena is a queen.  Her stomping into the DiMera manse with her face, tone of voice, and body language just dripping, "I am here to put an end to this stupid shit!" filled me with glee.

I would love for tomorrow to start with Marlena stomping across that room, slapping Stefan O., and going all Kimberly Shaw on Abigail's wig.

That would be awesome!  Gabi is about to be sent to prison so Marlena needs to start kicking Gabigail/Dr. Laura's butt like yesterday :):)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

I don't know who I hate more, Trask for her unprofessional behavior re Gabi or Stefan for his grossness with Gabby.  

Trask is unprofessional, but so is everyone else in that courtroom, except the judge.

Stefan is gross and disgusting and creepy and sick and pathetic. 

• Love 7

MY next story would be who murdered that piece of trash Melinda Trask.

3 hours ago, sas616 said:

I say Trask because she wants lethal injection for Gabi while we know Abigail will be just fine.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

MY next story would be who murdered that piece of trash Melinda Trask.

I say Trask because she wants lethal injection for Gabi while we know Abigail will be just fine.

It was kind of difficult watching Marlena and Kayla practically wringing their hands they were so worried about Abby, meanwhile Gabi is about to be sentenced to life imprisonment--in their defense they don't know dear sweet Abs is the killer, but if anyone could figure it out, it's Mar :)  

• Love 7

Surely Sonny would get to meet the executive assistant candidates. I cry foul on his new boyfriend or whatever not knowing who he was - surely most people Google a company to find out about it and would also find photos of the CEO. He can certainly find a different position. Sonny would be right to not hire him as it would be a massive conflict of interest.

Hopefully Marlena put some notes in Abigail's medical file - about her preliminary diagnosis.

Disgusting of Stefan to focus on getting Gabby/Gabigail back. He really should be checking Abs in to the hospital or some psych clinic for professional help. Finding a luxe hotel room? Ugh.

Trask is well overdue for some karmic payback. The trial was way too rushed, the DA had a flimsy circumstantial case.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What?  The CEO has no input into hiring his executive assistant? And did Vivian make that happen?

"He probably thought you were naked under it again."

Stefan is really going to interfere with Abigail's treatment?  What a piece of scum.

Marlena and Kayla should not be ,Abigail together, even if they are both treating her, without her consent.

This would never ever happen.  Sure there would be multiple interviews with HR and other related staff.  But no CEO would allow an EA to be hired without doing at least a brief interview.  And Sonny is like, what, thirty years old?  Nope, would not happen.

Sonny, amazingly, seemed quite skeptical of Leo and his story.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

What will be Abigail's punishment for murdering Andre.  I guess she will be given the key to the city of Salem.

Weirdly, that would be fitting, as he was garbage.

Tress, I feel you. I hate that f***ing set. And they totally would reuse it too.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bannana said:

This would never ever happen.  Sure there would be multiple interviews with HR and other related staff.  But no CEO would allow an EA to be hired without doing at least a brief interview.  And Sonny is like, what, thirty years old?  Nope, would not happen.

Sonny, amazingly, seemed quite skeptical of Leo and his story.  

I was on a committee to find the Dean (head of entire school within our university...like the CEO in a company) a new executive assistant. 

• Post the ad on the webpage and through the agency
  • Scour the candidates
  • Schedule and hold 1st round interviews
  • Bring back 3-5 for 2nd interview
  • Final 2 candidates background check and salary discussions with HR
  • Final 2 meet with the Dean so he can make the final decision b/c really, at this level (and the level Leo would support), the X factor is personality clicking. The committee found qualified candidates. the boss makes the decision based on qualifications AND fit.

there is absolutely NO way a CEO or any C level leader isn't meeting his assistant before they're hired. Not being involved in the whole process is reasonable but the decision is his/hers.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 4

No, we still don't know why she killed Andre. There'd better be a flashback when Abigail finally remembers.

If she did it out of outrage over her BFF and one-time belly dancing classmate Gabi getting fired I will vomit. Abigail nuts, Show. Don't sugar coat it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I just realized that I have no idea why Abigail killed Andre. Did we ever learn this or is it a mystery still?

Are we positive she actually did kill him?  Are the alters ever wrong, maybe as dumb as the host personality?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I just realized that I have no idea why Abigail killed Andre. Did we ever learn this or is it a mystery still?

I suppose it's still a mystery.  But there is little I have ever cared less about.  The motivations of a boring character killing an entertaining but evil character is not something I'm overly curious about.  If I gave any fucks about Abigail, I'd be more curious how a dubiously motivated decision on Andre's part to help her make a series of bad decisions on her own part and then stupid turn around to supporting her reunion with the man she bailed on justified becoming besties with a man who:  1) Murdered and/or staged the murder of murdered countless people, 2) kidnapped half the town, including her own loved ones, and 3) brainwashed Chad into not loving her.  But since I don't care about Abby, I'm pretty incurious about that bizarre relationship decision too.

The only decision I am curious about in this situation is why the writers chose to give Abby multiple personalities as a mental disorder instead of giving the actual character at least one. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

What happened in the last 10 minutes or so? I got the breaking Zuckerberg news ugh.

Well, Abby as Gabby Mcnabby hit Marlena over the head with a fireplace poker -so she is unconscious.  We knew that was coming.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

Are we positive she actually did kill him?  Are the alters ever wrong, maybe as dumb as the host personality?

The way Gabby so easily. and violently, knocked Marlena out, made me think it must have been Gabby who killed Andre.  

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Tress said:

Well, Abby as Gabby Mcnabby hit Marlena over the head with a fireplace poker -so she is unconscious.  We knew that was coming.

Something else for her and John to have in common. 

So Claire finally has a family member on her side but not really.  So sad 

• Love 3

Marlena, you probably should not have paid a house visit to the DiMera mansion. At least she made some use of the Salem Brain and a few of its cells by putting two and two together and being disgusted with Stefan's actions. And putting the fact that 'Gabby' does not really exist.

Of course Stefan and Gabby would try to cover their tracks. If they are lucky, the clonk on the head would affect Doc's memory.

Chloe's admirer sure seems insistent. Guess it's the way to bring Theresa back. I would want to know who my benefactor was, exactly, before I made use of the first class plane ticket.

Ciara and Claire still battling it out over who is the prettiest? In this day and age, it seems like something out of a different time. I hope someone else wins.

Hope and her annulment? Get that thing signed and push re-set.

• Love 8

The only decision I am curious about in this situation is why the writers chose to give Abby multiple personalities as a mental disorder instead of giving the actual character at least one. 

Ding! You win the prize for the best sentence on this subject.

Ciara and Claire still battling it out over who is the prettiest? In this day and age, it seems like something out of a different time. I hope someone else wins.

Indeed. I thought both these gals were pushing twenty, not fifteen. I wonder if the writers will have someone else win....who else is there?

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ding! You win the prize for the best sentence on this subject.

Indeed. I thought both these gals were pushing twenty, not fifteen. I wonder if the writers will have someone else win....who else is there?

VIVIAN!

• Love 5

WHYYY does NBC and/or my local affiliate think that someone at home in the middle of the day who was interested in what Mark Zuckerberg had to say would choose to turn on the television instead of searching it out on some other platform. and certainly, someone like me who recorded this hour of television has absolutely zero interest in watching it after the fact and would much rather watch what I was recording in the first place.

• Love 11

Poor Stefan. The only girl who wants him is a girl with a bad wig & DID. I was hoping Marlena would laugh in Stefan’s face when he was going all DiMera on her. Stefan is a piece of cake compared to the great Stefano DiMera. 

• Love 10

I can't help but wonder if they're going to continue pushing this Stefan/Abigail thing as a callback of sorts to Stefano's obsession with Marlena. Did that at least get a significant build up, back in the day? To me it always seemed a bit random that he was completely in love with her, but I wasn't watching Days as long as many of you were...

Justin wouldn't have to be working on an appeal right now if he had cross-examined Abigail after she made her statement on the stand. It seems pretty obvious that no jury would take her at word at face value if they knew she was openly condemning the woman who was sleeping with her husband during her last mental breakdown.

• Love 10

I had literally forgotten that Hope was gone, forgotten about her and Rafe until she walked through the door.  I didn't care before and now, make that a double.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

So Claire finally has a family member on her side but not really.  So sad 

Throughout most of their scene I was running through my mind, "do they know each other?".  Then, FINALLY, I remembered Claire's mother is Belle, and Belle and Brady are siblings. Really shouldn't be that hard to remember the family connection!

• Love 6

I can't believe the writers are letting one story dominate the whole show. What happened to featuring two or three stories a week? It doesn't help that the story is awful. Who wants to watch a man making out with a mentally ill woman everyday?Geez. Get a clue!

• Love 8

In all fairness to the show, they do have other story-lines going on:

Gabi's trial, which of course, is connected to Gabigail

Steve's blindness and, assuming, eventual cure

Vivian's takeover of Titan - via Leo and Sonny, and by extension Will & Paul

Lani's high-risk pregnancy and all the people connected

Bella magazine cover contest

Chloe's "stalker"

But, yes, watching a supposedly sane man, act as if Gabby is anything over than his mentally ill sister-in-law is disgustingly gross.  

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, buffynut said:

The way Gabby so easily. and violently, knocked Marlena out, made me think it must have been Gabby who killed Andre.  

But the way they've "explained" the DID is that the personalities were created by Abby to save herself from the fact that she killed Andre so... it's Abby that flipped and killed him...and then the personalities showed up to protect her from knowing she did, etc...

8 hours ago, bannana said:

I was kind of hoping that Justin rested his case with calling no witnesses as a way to give Gabi the grounds to appeal based on her shitty lawyer.

LOL. Hilarious. But, I think the verdict reversal will be that it wasn't Abby who testified...it was "Laura." So, that'll get it overturned.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Throughout most of their scene I was running through my mind, "do they know each other?".  Then, FINALLY, I remembered Claire's mother is Belle, and Belle and Brady are siblings. Really shouldn't be that hard to remember the family connection!

I was doing the same thing but going at it through Shawn Douglas being Bo's son, hence Victor's grandson and that making him Brady's cousin.  I forgot about Belle being his sister until right now.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can't help but wonder if they're going to continue pushing this Stefan/Abigail thing as a callback of sorts to Stefano's obsession with Marlena.

That seems likely to me.

1 hour ago, worleybird said:

Well, Marlena and John have one more thing in common. Both knocked out by a fireplace poker!

They can bond over the goose-eggs on their heads.

Stefan O.'s limp justification "Well, she seems fine to me" doesn't make it any less creepy. Why would Marlena ever, ever go to Castle Dracula by herself?

I also had trouble working out/remembering that Brady is Claire's uncle -- and first cousin once removed. This show only sporadically acknowledges family connections anyway.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

But, I think the verdict reversal will be that it wasn't Abby who testified...it was "Laura." So, that'll get it overturned.

I doubt there's any real precedent for an "alter" giving testimony, but if Abigail (the legal person) were to be shown to have perjured herself, that would probably be enough; or not to have known that she was giving testimony; possibly if she were shown not to be psychologically competent to give sworn testimony (can she tell right from wrong, in whatever created personality? Is she -- are "they" -- aware of the consequences of the actions taken? Hmm.) 

And now I've officially given this more thought than the writers have...

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I also had trouble working out/remembering that Brady is Claire's uncle -- and first cousin once removed. This show only sporadically acknowledges family connections anyway.

I know - it would help if she called him Uncle Brady. I mean, obviously she wouldn't refer to Ciara that way as they're contemporaries and more like cousins, but IMO she should call Sami, Eric, and Brady Aunt and Uncle. Seems kind of disrespectful. I say this somewhat hypocritically as my own son doesn't call my siblings Aunt or Uncle lol,but in the case of this soap, we need all the family connection reminders we can get!

1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

But the way they've "explained" the DID is that the personalities were created by Abby to save herself from the fact that she killed Andre so... it's Abby that flipped and killed him...and then the personalities showed up to protect her from knowing she did, etc...

Right, and now I'm trying to work out exactly how it went down. Did Abigail kill Andre in a fit of passion, and then Dr Laura suddenly emerged and sent her down to Gabichic to fetch the wig and coat, go back to Andre's office and re-exit as "Gabby", setting up Gabi as the killer? If it happened that way, then Abigail would have first come out of the office while the cameras were off and come out as "Gabby" when they were back on. How would Dr Laura know about the cameras? If they had been on as normal the whole ruse would have been exposed. The other possibility is Abigail took the wig and coat with her when she first went to Andre's office but that would mean she totally planned to kill him. And again, the whole camera off/camera on thing is just too convenient unless Stefan destroyed the footage after the fact to protect Abigail. But did he even know Abigail killed Andre before Dr Laura told him?  I'm so confused. I hope they explain all this eventually. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Right, and now I'm trying to work out exactly how it went down. Did Abigail kill Andre in a fit of passion, and then Dr Laura suddenly emerged and sent her down to Gabichic to fetch the wig and coat, go back to Andre's office and re-exit as "Gabby", setting up Gabi as the killer? If it happened that way, then Abigail would have first come out of the office while the cameras were off and come out as "Gabby" when they were back on. How would Dr Laura know about the cameras? If they had been on as normal the whole ruse would have been exposed. The other possibility is Abigail took the wig and coat with her when she first went to Andre's office but that would mean she totally planned to kill him. And again, the whole camera off/camera on thing is just too convenient unless Stefan destroyed the footage after the fact to protect Abigail. But did he even know Abigail killed Andre before Dr Laura told him?  I'm so confused. I hope they explain all this eventually. 

I thought Stefan "turned off" the cameras (actually he erased the tape and CLAIMED the cameras had been turned off) to hide the visit he and Vivian had with Andre.

• Love 3

That's right, I was misstating above when I talked them being off/on - they were on the whole time but Stefan erased the footage. So it was just coincidence that the footage Stefan erased also happened to contain Abigail entering/leaving? But conveniently left in "Gabby"? Maybe I'm just slow (highly possible lol) but the sequence of events and who knew what when doesn't make sense to me. Dr Laura/Gabby purposely set up Gabi, so she knew there were security cameras running, and yet it didn't occur to her Abigail would also be caught on camera? I don't think she and Stefan could have been in cahoots about the erasure, since he didn't know Abigail killed Andre until well after the fact when Dr Laura told him. But didn't he notice Abigail on the camera footage before he erased it?

Well, screw it, never mind. I'm officially giving up trying to understand this dumb plot. I've already wasted more brain power on it than it deserves, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 7

The whole Abigail storyline needs to end. Enough of a weak actress trying to make it interesting and her husband played by a good actor looking weak. I find myself liking KDP weave her acting magic to make Brady interesting. I like watching Eve snipe at him. Lol

• Love 9

I'm not sure what the end goal is here, but I'm starting to root for Chad and Gabi, and I HATED their pairing last summer, or whenever it was.

Stefan is just so awful, I can't see how they'll ever redeem him.  Or maybe they don't plan to.  But then they had him say "he's not a murderer". So it's like they can't decide whether he's good or evil. 

Or maybe, they just want us to see him as a hopeless romantic, which I AM NOT seeing.  Like, seriously, does he think Gabby can stick around forever, and no one will ever notice her resemblance to Abby, not to mention Abby's disappearance.  So stupid.

Love John and Brady together. Glad Ron is giving them more scenes. 

Rafe, please dig the annulment papers out of the trash bin and SIGN THEM.  Seriously, again, are we supposed to be rooting for this couple, or not.  Definite not, for me.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Or maybe they don't plan to.  But then they had him say "he's not a murderer". So it's like they can't decide whether he's good or evil. 

Not being a murderer doesn't necessarily qualify him as good.

5 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Or maybe, they just want us to see him as a hopeless romantic, which I AM NOT seeing.  Like, seriously, does he think Gabby can stick around forever, and no one will ever notice her resemblance to Abby, not to mention Abby's disappearance.  So stupid.

He's most certainly hopeless -- but I fail to see how the show can make it romantic. Maybe Stefan agrees with "Gabby" that she has a right to exist -- but that's not a sound position legally (because Abigail is a person; "Gabby" is a copy of a person) psychologically ("Gabby" was clearly created by Abigail to evade responsibility on some level) or ethically (he's not attracted to Abigail; he's attracted to the reckless, "fun" fragment of a person, and evidently doesn't care what happens to the rest of Abigail's life or psyche). Maybe he finds "Gabby" attractive because he's barely a personality himself. What else does Stefan O. have in him beside envy and greed?

• Love 11