Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

While I think the wig is stupid, Marci should consider darkening her hair. The contrast with her pale skin and blue eyes really pop out with the dark hair.

I don't know who Gabigail thought she was acting like, but it sure wasn't Gabi Hernandez.

• Love 9

So, Gabigail, huh? I don't know about this, yet, but it didn't seem like she was some reflection of Abby's repressed Gabi hatred. So, at least there's that for now. 

I'm liking the Ciara/Trip stuff. 

Go ahead, Kayla, smack John a good one. I would. 

• Love 4

Go Kayla, I always enjoyed that side of Kayla.  She always had a fierceness in her that I have always enjoyed immensely. Don't let her niceness fool you..

The Jarlena fans are outraged that Kayla hit their precious John.. On other boards, they are calling for her head, lol... I like John too, but, Kayla's reaction was a natural one. She will calm down, let her be human.

I don't know what to say about this Gabigail storyline.  

I am starting to like Horita.  Lord help me, they were cute today.  I think Sherry is influencing Ron, it seem so Sherry, being locked somewhere and bonding..

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's really pretty lame that they kept Will and Paul off-screen until today.  I am amused that Paul is now the one who's all, "Eh, sometimes in this town, someone ties you up in a mausoleum".

I just can't with Gabigail, you guys.  It gives me traumatic flashbacks to the Jess/Tess/Bess/Wes days on OLTL.  And Tyler Christopher is just so blah, IMO.

Can Ron's DOOL version of the Ford brothers be far behind?   I can only hope that somewhere in Salem there is sentient chandelier lurking in wait.....

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Go Kayla, I always enjoyed that side of Kayla.  She always had a fierceness in her that I have always enjoyed immensely. Don't let her niceness fool you..

The Jarlena fans are outraged that Kayla hit their precious John.. On other boards, they are calling for her head, lol... I like John too, but, Kayla's reaction was a natural one. She will calm down, let her be human.

I don't know what to say about this Gabigail storyline.  

I am starting to like Horita.  Lord help me, they were cute today.  I think Sherry is influencing Ron, it seem so Sherry, being locked somewhere and bonding..

I'm so glad I found this board where posters are sane. LOL. I'm a huge Jarlena fan, but thought Kayla had every right to attack John. And I loved that side of her too. Also glad that John had the antidote, and is still a "good guy".

Gabigail, for what it's worth, was shown as "Gabi" on the close captioning, but now that I think about it more, I think it was "Gabby", which makes more sense. 

I think Sherry is influencing Ron too, because the show has a definite "old school" feel to it. 

Hope, though, they want the viewers to be rooting for Horita, because if you, Apprentice79, are falling for them, then there must be some chemistry between them.

I've been mostly enjoying nu-nu-Ciara since she stopped being angry all the time, but today, for some reason, she was bugging me. Maybe though it was just that she and Tripp were taking up screentimes from the characters I wanted to see.

• Love 4

Not sure if I should post this in the UO thread, but I am enjoying the campy Gabigail storyline.  I thought Stefan's reactions were hilarious.  Marci is not the greatest actor to be doing this storyline (really, can anyone do this well, except for Erika Slezak?) but it is kind of entertaining.  I liked the creepy music as they showed Gabby going to the secret room and emerging in Gabi's coat, and then her confrontation with Stefan.  Not sure that they can sustain this though, because you just don't have the level of acting to keep it going.  I am also  wondering if this is why Abby has been portrayed as so soft spoken as to put  me in a coma, so that when Gabby was revealed, we would actually see the difference from Abby.

I want to like Ciara, but I really don't.

• Love 8

I had to stand literally six inches away from the tv screen to be able to see just what was going on when Abigail was getting dressed at the beginning.

Damn, Trask is desperate.

On Friday's show, didn't Stefan wake up out of bed?

If Abigail is trying to pass herself off as Gabi, she isn't doing a very good impersonation.

Has the Salem PD not even commented on the cocktail shaker lid being missing?

"I get the feeling this stuff happens a lot in Salem."

• Love 2

Count me as among a fan of the campy Gabigail storyline(love the name), I thought Marci did a good job of portraying a different personality, and she really looks pretty with dark hair, it makes her blue eyes so vibrant.  I'm assuming Abigail has gone "bonkers" and wont remember what happened in the night.  Or is she just pretending to be Gabi and setting up Stefan?  I'm interested to see where they go with this.   And I am also enjoying the beginning of a relationship between Ciara & Tripp...wonder what will happen when Theo returns at some point in time?

• Love 4

It just occurred to me that it looks like they're going to do a Stefan and Gabigail hookup.  So Stefan will apparently have no compunctions with being involved with a woman who's clearly got mental problems.  But we all know that Chabby is end game, so in the meantime, will Chad turn to Gabi?  It also occurred to me thinking about this, that Camila has chemistry with every single one of her leading men.  But what's going to happen with her when the baby reveal happens?  I really do like her with JJ.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Count me as among a fan of the campy Gabigail storyline(love the name), I thought Marci did a good job of portraying a different personality, and she really looks pretty with dark hair, it makes her blue eyes so vibrant.  I'm assuming Abigail has gone "bonkers" and wont remember what happened in the night.  Or is she just pretending to be Gabi and setting up Stefan?  I'm interested to see where they go with this.   And I am also enjoying the beginning of a relationship between Ciara & Tripp...wonder what will happen when Theo returns at some point in time?

That would be kind of awesome, but she's not pretending.  When she returns to her bedroom she is still Gabby, and then you see a change and she appears confused.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

It just occurred to me that it looks like they're going to do a Stefan and Gabigail hookup.  So Stefan will apparently have no compunctions with being involved with a woman who's clearly got mental problems. 

Yup, I had the same thought, he knows right up front, icky.  Not quite as icky as awful Ford on OLTL, who knowingly bedded a mentally ill woman who thought she was a teenager losing her virginity, but we'll see what Ron has in store for us, I guess.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, buffynut said:

Was the Gabigail reveal in the spoilers? Or were you guys that predicted it, just so used to Ron's predictability.

I think it was only in very recent spoilers, and yes, I think Preverts just knew that Ron would go this way based on his past writing on other shows.  When I first heard this speculation, I didn't buy it, so when I finally the saw the promo, I was laughing and laughing.  People here speculated/predicted this for some time.

• Love 2

I wish MM was better at playing Gabigail. I kinda loved Stefan's reactions to the whole thing though. It's gonna be a real bummer when RC goes his rape loving way and has Stefan and Gabigal sleep together.

Loved the Ciara/Tripp scenes.

I liked the Will/Paul scenes, but I feel like they didn't build it up enough. Or at all really.

I was pretty bored by the Steve/Kayla/John/Marlena stuff.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think it was only in very recent spoilers, and yes, I think Preverts just knew that Ron would go this way based on his past writing on other shows.  When I first heard this speculation, I didn't buy it, so when I finally the saw the promo, I was laughing and laughing.  People here speculated/predicted this for some time.

It's been a long time since I've seen a soap with a multiple personality storyline, so I'm enjoying it so far. However...

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's gonna be a real bummer when RC goes his rape loving way and has Stefan and Gabigal sleep together.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I hate rape storylines and don't understand why TPTB think we want to watch them.  And I will especially hate if Stefan takes advantage of mentally ill Abigail and sleeps with a willing Gabigail.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, buffynut said:

It's been a long time since I've seen a soap with a multiple personality storyline, so I'm enjoying it so far. However...

I really hope this doesn't happen. I hate rape storylines and don't understand why TPTB think we want to watch them.  And I will especially hate if Stefan takes advantage of mentally ill Abigail and sleeps with a willing Gabigail.

I fully expect this to happen.  At least we know Stefan is a bad guy so it would make sense that this would be his plan to bed the woman he apparently loves, but I don't get why Gabigail would sleep with Stefan if she thinks she is Gabi.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bannana said:

I fully expect this to happen.  At least we know Stefan is a bad guy so it would make sense that this would be his plan to bed the woman he apparently loves, but I don't get why Gabigail would sleep with Stefan if she thinks she is Gabi.

It would make more sense for Gabigail to sleep with Chad as she feels conflicted about losing him to Abigail. 

God, this is going to be so stupid.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bannana said:

At least we know Stefan is a bad guy

Well, I think we were supposed to think Ford was a bad guy at first.  But then, oh boo hoo, his mommy abandoned him and his daddy was a jerk and he had all these annoying brothers, and it ended with him being "the hero" breaking the mentally ill woman out of a mental hospital after ATTACKING A NUN.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sas616 said:

So who killed Andre since it appears Abigail didn't do the deed?  Was it Vivian afterall?

We don't know that for sure. Gabigail may not be her only personality.  Maybe she took on the personality of her other best friend Andre and thought the real Andre was Tony. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

So who killed Andre since it appears Abigail didn't do the deed?  Was it Vivian afterall?

I still think it's Tony back from the dead who killed Andre, and it's been Tony all along when Andre has been a nice guy.  Thaoo Penglis leaving DOOL and it was never leaked?  And the show is filmed 6 months in advance?  I don't buy it.

Abigail has never been so lively as she is with DID.  But even that didn't breathe any life into Stefan O. IMO.  TC is too low energy and has been since he started.  Somebody better light a fire under him.

I'm glad the poisoning is out in the open now and that the rest of this storyline wraps up soon.  

That's supposed to be the Dimera Mausoleum, right?  Because it's way too big and has way too many dead people in it to be JUST for Dimera's.  Sure, a lot of them have died, but not enough for a multi-room mausoleum unless they dug up all their dead relations from Europe and replanted them in Salem.  

• Love 6

Why would the ISA go to all the time and trouble to go to such a convoluted way to get rid of the Johnson family? And using John? Doesn't make sense unless it is a convenient way to clean up the whole poisoning mess of a story. Yep, John, you deserved a smack from Kayla. All the money being spent on tests and hospital costs are expensive. Hopefully you or the ISA or whoever will pay for all this.

The mausoleum has a basement? Is it sort of like the Salem version of Cairo's City of the Dead? Are there hundreds of more Dimeras out there?

Liked the Tripp and Ciara scenes. Wish he'd go to med school.

My Spock brow raised at Gabigail. She is not Gabby, there is no real reason for her new identity. Abs has enough going on already. If it is a game to lure out Stefan and Viv, again it is an awful lot of time and trouble to spend outwitting them. Just lock up Viv in some coffin, like she did to Carly and Brady did to her.

Will and Paul really didn't grab my interest. Just wondered if there was some sort of washroom facility at the mausoleum.

• Love 5

So, John had character assassination (I know he had a billion past lives, but the through-line was he was usually a good guy, by and large) and his connection to "former family members" smeared...why?!

Because I still don't get it. And, the worst part is, I don't think Ron does, either.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

While I think the wig is stupid, Marci should consider darkening her hair. The contrast with her pale skin and blue eyes really pop out with the dark hair.

I don't know who Gabigail thought she was acting like, but it sure wasn't Gabi Hernandez.

she looks stunning. if i were her, i'd be making an appt with the best salon to darken my hair dramatically. the pale skin and blue eyes, as you said, are a beautiful contrast. with the strawberry blonde hair she has, she is washed out and dowdy.  

i agree, she wasn't acting like gabby. wow, she may be beyond help in the mental illness dept. though. she needs to be in deep therapy and on some good drugs.  hubby and baby are better off, and safer!, without her around.

• Love 5

So the ISA lady is going to threaten Tripp and the daughter of the Salem police commissioner? How does she think this will work out for her? If she had half a brain, after dispatching Billie, she would have assumed a different identity and vanished. I'm sure that's in the ISA skill set.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, bannana said:

Still think it's gross and disgusting, but if they go that route, then they better keep Stefan a bad guy.  And I absolutely, positively do not want this to turn into a romance.  Not the same, but for me, the rape always left a tarnish on the Luke/Laura love story, and this would be so much worse.

7 hours ago, boes said:

I still think it's Tony back from the dead who killed Andre, and it's been Tony all along when Andre has been a nice guy.  Thaoo Penglis leaving DOOL and it was never leaked?  And the show is filmed 6 months in advance?  I don't buy it.  

Does your theory have Tony or Andre as the one who fell in love with Kate?  If Tony, does this mean we'll have a triangle with Tony/Kate/Anna?  And maybe even throw in Roman, for Kate, once Tanna re-unite.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

she looks stunning. if i were her, i'd be making an appt with the best salon to darken my hair dramatically. the pale skin and blue eyes, as you said, are a beautiful contrast. with the strawberry blonde hair she has, she is washed out and dowdy.  

I would actually make her blonder with better makeup and wardrobe. They dress Abigail like she is an old lady.. 

Well ... that was a lot. I can't believe how quickly they are flying through this poisoning story all of a sudden. I honestly have no idea why it's even a thing. Did anyone even really remember that the ISA was involved in the cover-up of Ava's murder? I sure didn't. It feel so ridiculous to bring that back to the canvas. My only guess is that they are using this plot to make John (or Billie?) the head of this ISA. But ... what would the point of that be?

Call me crazy, but I'm here for the Abigail madness. I don't watch any other soaps so the fact that this is Ron revisiting old stories doesn't really bother me. And it's campy goodness, which I love from Days when I can get in.

"It looks like we have ourselves a good old-fashioned Mexican standoff. And only one of us is Mexican." I mean!

Edited by Vince1178
  • Love 8

After Abby, fully in Gabby mode, left Stefan, went to the secret room, changed clothes, went back to bed with Chad, she said something like "thank you Gabby", rested her head on the pillow and immediately woke as Abby.

My question:  Is there a third alter, the one who said "thank you Gabby"?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4

I haven't seen the show since the Olympics started, since I prefer to watch the Olympics every night instead of my DVR.  But I have a question - does Abby have Gabi locked up somewhere, and Abby is Gabi in every scene?  I guess I don't understand this storyline just from reading recaps...

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I haven't seen the show since the Olympics started, since I prefer to watch the Olympics every night instead of my DVR.  But I have a question - does Abby have Gabi locked up somewhere, and Abby is Gabi in every scene?  I guess I don't understand this storyline just from reading recaps...

The real Gabby is around, while the Gabi alter, also known as Gabigail has just made her first appearance with Stefan O.  He seems to be confused by her, but, intrigued, at the same time. They will be banging soon, since Ron likes to have mentally ill women, in the throes, of their illness, having sex... Ron will have a twitter meltdown, when the fans start calling him out, on twitter.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

See, today's episode is why I am still on the fence with Ciara. On one hand, she acted like a heroine in calling the police (Her mom) for help, refusing to leave Tripp and trying to get a jump on the bad guy with the bat, but then on the other hand, she's acting tough with the gun toting loon and when she has a chance to actually be a badass, she cries out "Ouch , you're hurting me, you wench."  Now unless in the last minute of today's show she wrestled the gun away, Ciara is a wannabe punk.

Because Hope would have taken the opportunity to elbow the woman in the face because she's actually fought her way out of dangerous situations, as has Gabi (when she faced off with Raines).  Ciara needs to actually be able to back up her alleged toughness with some actual action.

I also liked that Will was genuinely freaked out by being held hostage which I can completely understand.  CM and DH have a very natural and believable bond.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I also liked that Will was genuinely freaked out by being held hostage which I can completely understand.  CM and DH have a very natural and believable bond.

Yes, CM and DH are golden together. I've always loved the Will/Marlena relationship and a lot of it is due to the acting and chemistry between the two.

• Love 7

Hope and Rafe should stop having sex, or they're going to have heart attacks.

John isn't very bright if he doesn't think of Tripp when he hears "Steve's son".

Looks like Will is falling in love

"She's the only mother that I had."  Er, your adopted mother maybe?

I don't know if Galen reaching out to Kristian to comfort her while John was on the phone to Pamela was scripted or not, but if not, it was a nice piece of business with no words.

It was stupid of Hope to tell Pamela that Ciara was her daughter.

Were Pamela and Ava lovers?  What is her hangup with Ava?

I knew Pamela was going to get jabbed.

• Love 6
On 2/18/2018 at 10:10 AM, buffynut said:

I just realized when I listed John & Marlena's kids, I forgot Brady!!!!  That's how little I associate him with John these days.  Sad, eh. 

Edit to add:  And Eric!!!!  Sheesh!  I miss the old days when the families all spent time together.  Sigh.

I would like to forget Brady.

11 hours ago, buffynut said:

Still think it's gross and disgusting, but if they go that route, then they better keep Stefan a bad guy.  And I absolutely, positively do not want this to turn into a romance.  Not the same, but for me, the rape always left a tarnish on the Luke/Laura love story, and this would be so much worse.

Does your theory have Tony or Andre as the one who fell in love with Kate?  If Tony, does this mean we'll have a triangle with Tony/Kate/Anna?  And maybe even throw in Roman, for Kate, once Tanna re-unite.

Short answer, yes, I think it's Tony who fell in love with Kate.  I'm probably wrong and writing the story I'd LIKE to see in my head, but my take is that Andre is who first showed up, then Tony, and somehow these two have been mixing it up with it sometimes being Andre, sometimes being Tony.  Why I have no clue.  But the Andre I watched would never have been so kind to Abigail, nor to Kate or Chad or anybody, ever.  But Tony would have.  I think that the dead one is Andre and that it's Tony who killed him and we'll find that all out when Gabigail is finally uncovered and charged with murder.

And I'm probably completely off base.  Which would not be the first time.

• Love 6

Except Tony hated Andre for every horrible thing he done to destroy Tony’s life while using Tony’s face. He would never help Andre and would have gotten rid of him the first chance that he got.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Except Tony hated Andre for every horrible thing he done to destroy Tony’s life while using Tony’s face. He would never help Andre and would have gotten rid of him the first chance that he got.

You're right, so if my crazy idea is right in any way, they wouldn't be working together, at least not willingly.

I'm probably wrong, but I just don't buy, with the 6 month ahead shooting schedule, that Thaao was let go and nobody noticed or leaked anything.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, plurie said:

So the ISA lady is going to threaten Tripp and the daughter of the Salem police commissioner? How does she think this will work out for her?

I am so sick of Rafe and Hope together.  He was constantly holding her back when she reached for her gun on the ground, etc. to help her daughter.  SHE IS HIS BOSS.  Gawd, I can't yell it loud enough...lol.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, nilyank said:

It would make more sense for Gabigail to sleep with Chad as she feels conflicted about losing him to Abigail. 

God, this is going to be so stupid.

LOL - Absolutely - it was kinda hard to follow that conversation that GabAb had with Stephan, because of, not only because of their NAMES, but what Gabby might actually do.

22 hours ago, sas616 said:

Was it Vivian afterall?

I don't think that it was Viv - she's just too feeble.

• Love 4

I really, really hope it wasn't some character who wasn't on-camera at the time. We should be seeing the story unfold with the suspects we already have...

If Ron tries to have Kristen be the killer I will lose it.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Vince1178 said:

Well ... that was a lot. I can't believe how quickly they are flying through this poisoning story all of a sudden. I honestly have no idea why it's even a thing. Did anyone even really remember that the ISA was involved in the cover-up of Ava's murder? I sure didn't. It feel so ridiculous to bring that back to the canvas. My only guess is that they are using this plot to make John (or Billie?) the head of this ISA. But ... what would the point of that be?

I did, because I was always waiting for the ISA to come cash their chip in with Steve for helping him cover up the murder, and never understood why that card wasn't played.  This story makes no sense, and if the cover up falling apart was a problem, surely half a dozen more deaths would also be a problem.

I'm still not swallowing the Tripp Kool-Aid and think this was a missed opportunity to kill him off (and finally have him suffer some actual consequences for the shit he pulled with my Kayla).

• Love 2

All those cops couldn't find a way to grab one person - Pamela - without the 'drama'? Guess there is no special task force in Salem - just Hope and Rafe. Bye, Pamela. Thanks for visiting Salem.

Tripp still does need to have a visit from karma about what he did to Kayla - hopefully that will be coming soon. Ciara, you could have simply aimed the baseball bat at Pamela whilst sneaking up from behind. This whole ISA poison story still doesn't make much sense. Should have been a much longer story or just happened off-screen.

At least Hope doesn't have the same grey bedding as everyone else on the show. The striped pillow shams were a bit of a break.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

All those cops couldn't find a way to grab one person - Pamela - without the 'drama'? Guess there is no special task force in Salem - just Hope and Rafe. Bye, Pamela. Thanks for visiting Salem.

Tripp still does need to have a visit from karma about what he did to Kayla - hopefully that will be coming soon. Ciara, you could have simply aimed the baseball bat at Pamela whilst sneaking up from behind. This whole ISA poison story still doesn't make much sense. Should have been a much longer story or just happened off-screen.

At least Hope doesn't have the same grey bedding as everyone else on the show. The striped pillow shams were a bit of a break.

i think karma has had her visit. he killed a woman and no matter how evil she was, he has to live with that. ciara is a little wannabe punk for sure.still am not liking her. i am sick of the hope and rafe sex. do people in their 50's still go at it like rabbits? yuk.

while i have been liking the show, i don't go for the spy/isa story lines. at least not this one. bring back more family drama. it's a soap not a crime drama.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

i think karma has had her visit. he killed a woman and no matter how evil she was, he has to live with that. ciara is a little wannabe punk for sure.still am not liking her. i am sick of the hope and rafe sex. do people in their 50's still go at it like rabbits? yuk.

And you just know when this story'll be retold, we'll hear about how tough and brave Ciara was when in reality, it was Tripp who was brave.  I'm afraid Ciara's going the route of Lani--Lani likes to talk about how strong she is, but in reality, she's the weakest person in Salem.  

• Love 3

Rafe and Hope really put the "Oh Lord, WHY??" in sexy, don't they?  I figure that with Rafe, by the time he gets to the end of "Wham, Bam, Thank You, Ma'am", he's dressed, brushed his teeth and finishing up breakfast.

Lucky woman, our Hope.

• Love 4

Is Eric addicted to donuts or something?

Doesn't Victor know the real reason why Theresa left?

I like how Maggie's shirt matches the wallpaper.

The scene between Tripp and Steve was sweet

Why is Brady being such an asshole to Eric? Other than that it's his default attitude?

Woah, Maggie putting Victor down by comparing him to Mickey.

God, Eric and Jennifer are so sickeningly sweet.

• Love 3

Is Eric addicted to donuts or something?

Doesn't Victor know the real reason why Theresa left?

I like how Maggie's shirt matches the wallpaper.

The scene between Tripp and Steve was sweet

Why is Brady being such an asshole to Eric? Other than that it's his default attitude?

Woah, Maggie putting Victor down by comparing him to Mickey.

God, Eric and Jennifer are so sickeningly sweet.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

do people in their 50's still go at it like rabbits? yuk.

I don't mind people in their 50s still having an active love/sex life. Life doesn't stop at 40.

I just wish it was a couple with chemistry, appeal, and rootability. None of the qualities that Hope and Rafe have. (Blech.) Hopefully, his fling with Sami will blow it to smithereens, and the show can look for a guy (who won't go nuts, a la Aidan) that Hope can get with without boring and/or sickening the audience.

• Love 8