Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I am unafraid in admitting that I'm strictly here for Chad and Gabi--I can't help it, they make me smile :)  And I love it when BF adlibs his lines--his "Good talk" to an obviously annoyed Eli after asking him to keep an eye on a distraught Gabi was comedy gold.  And I totally understand Gabi's reactions-- I would also be a freaking out mess if I was stranded on a deserted island with rapidly dwindling supplies and no way to contact the mainland.

As much as you love them kitmerlot is probably as equal to how much I loathe them.  I just find them so fake, just everything about them.  Today Eli was propping them, really?  Just two weeks ago he told Abby she was an idiot for propping them and that he was gonna win over Gabi.  Now Gabi and Chad are perfect for one another and he never had a chance.  I mean what?? Every interaction Chabi have, or is about them is pure plot.  They've been a thing for 8 months and absolutely NOTHING has happened except getting trapped together over and over and continuously telling one another their "just friends".  OMG just do it already.  The sad thing is I think a triangle could have worked if they had built it on Chabi not being the best of friends and bonding over Abby's death and disappearance and finally becoming good friends again after that whole stalker fiasco, but instead we got this plot filled mess.

• Love 1

Why is Sonny such an asshole?  Especially to Paul?  At least he's gotten the grease out of his hair.

Hehheh, Jade and Claire being bitchy to each other.

Really, Jade is going to film them on her own?  Why does she care?  She's never shown any concern for anybody other than herself before, and she and Claire are not exactly friends. She's doing this just to have Claire as a friend?

"You can't even nuke a pizza."  Chad was proposing he COOK whatever he caught, just that he catch it.

Er, Gabi, you can't eat raw olives.

Why is everybody on the island doing their own thing instead of working together?

Paul got bit by a bug and is now dying? Do the bugs have anything to do with Deimos's drug production?

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am unafraid in admitting that I'm strictly here for Chad and Gabi--I can't help it, they make me smile :)  And I love it when BF adlibs his lines--his "Good talk" to an obviously annoyed Eli after asking him to keep an eye on a distraught Gabi was comedy gold.  And I totally understand Gabi's reactions-- I would also be a freaking out mess if I was stranded on a deserted island with rapidly dwindling supplies and no way to contact the mainland.

Me too!  They are hot.  And BF is awesome.  Gabi isn't the greatest actress but she's tolerable with him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ihavenoidea said:

As much as you love them kitmerlot is probably as equal to how much I loathe them.  I just find them so fake, just everything about them.  Today Eli was propping them, really?  Just two weeks ago he told Abby she was an idiot for propping them and that he was gonna win over Gabi.  Now Gabi and Chad are perfect for one another and he never had a chance.  I mean what?? Every interaction Chabi have, or is about them is pure plot.  They've been a thing for 8 months and absolutely NOTHING has happened except getting trapped together over and over and continuously telling one another their "just friends".  OMG just do it already.  The sad thing is I think a triangle could have worked if they had built it on Chabi not being the best of friends and bonding over Abby's death and disappearance and finally becoming good friends again after that whole stalker fiasco, but instead we got this plot filled mess.

And it doesn't help that Gabi acts like a high school teenager. Sometimes I think she would fit better in Claire and the gang age group. She acts like Chad is the first man she's ever been involved with.

4 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

Me too!  They are hot.  And BF is awesome.  Gabi isn't the greatest actress but she's tolerable with him. 

You say that again. She's not the greatest actress. LOL

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Anyone else sick of looking at the cheap "island" set? LOL

Today looked really bad. LOL

3 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

I know opinions vary but  think Gabi's a decent actress--she's certainly better then Mansi or VJ or the person playing Jade.  I think CB brings a lot of humor and charisma to her role and I completely believe her Gabi and BF's Chad have feelings for each other and that their drawn together despite their denials.  MM is a good actress but her Abby just seems very depressed and fragile--I think Gabi brings a spark to the Chabi scenes. that's very needed.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, rcc said:

Anyone else sick of looking at the cheap "island" set? LOL

It is beyond ridiculous. And the cliches just keep coming: Cursed amulets. Deadly bugs that bite. Can quicksand be far behind?

• Love 6
(edited)

I know opinions vary but  think Gabi's a decent actress--she's certainly better then Mansi or VJ or the person playing Jade.  I think CB brings a lot of humor and charisma to her role and I completely believe her Gabi and BF's Chad have feelings for each other and that their drawn together despite their denials.  MM is a good actress but her Abby just seems very depressed and fragile--I think Gabi brings a spark to the Chabi scenes. that's very needed.

I totally agree, everyone has opinions, and no one is right or wrong.  I don't have a problem with Camila's acting, I just hate the pairing, and find the cuteness overly forced.  It's like their trying too hard to make the pairing work.  How many times has Gabi sprained the same ankle?  How many times have Chabi been in danger together?  A good pairing doesn't need all that.  Chabi talk about their past, but it's never their real past.  So far I don't think Marci has been given a chance to show if Chabby 3.0 work, from the time she's been on they've had Chad thinking and getting trapped and throwing viles at Gabi, with Kate's version they had Chad totally devoted and chasing serial killers for her.  That's hard for a recast to come in and have to play, and even when Kate played Abby, no one much talked about Chabby until Chad professed his love for her after Jordan left.  As far as Marci's acting, I like her, I think she's just very understated and not over the top, which is what we get used to a lot on the soaps.  Her calm, still demeanor is kind of a contrast to the jittery shouting we sometimes see.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 4

So, the unfortunate lot is on the island and no one thought to have a team meeting to see what folks can do? Apply their skills to help out with a rescue? Surely one of them knows about edible vegetation, some of the dudes may have a Swiss Army knife and can take pieces of wood to make spears for fish. One or two can be on the lookout for maybe some fresh water. Another one or two can make an SOS fire. Nope, just paired up to do what they want.

Didn't like Sonny being surprised that Paul knew how to fish. Some folks didn't have his privileged upbringing. At least the hair grease is fading out. Bug bites can be nasty. Maybe it's just an allergic reaction for Paul. Gabi, stop it with the cutesy ankle sprain.

No idea why Jade wants to film Claire and Theo. Doubt the video will make Claire in to anything and will just damage Theo. Jade, Claire probably isn't a good friend. Some weird revenge on the Bradys for taking away your funding?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So, the unfortunate lot is on the island and no one thought to have a team meeting to see what folks can do? Apply their skills to help out with a rescue? Surely one of them knows about edible vegetation, some of the dudes may have a Swiss Army knife and can take pieces of wood to make spears for fish. One or two can be on the lookout for maybe some fresh water. Another one or two can make an SOS fire. Nope, just paired up to do what they want.

Obviously they all have seen Survivor and know that if anyone gives away too much know-how at first he or she will be voted off the island at the first ceremony. They are solidifying alliances.

• Love 3

I also don't get why they are not pooling resources/efforts. Chad already had two fish when Paul went off to fish and apparently they are discovering the fruit trees on their own (Gabi falling out of a peach tree and Sonny finding a lemon one.) this is just ridonk. 

I have always enjoyed VI and he is really selling Deimos doing the "I can't understand why you are believing the absolute worst of me even though I did absolutely all of it" thing.

• Love 4
(edited)

Boy this episode felt so refreshing. 

It felt so good not to see Nicole/Sleeping Brady/Chloe and hear any St Daniel mentions. 

I do like Chad/Gabi and I like Eli/Gabi too. 
Camila Banus has a special gift to have chemistry with pretty much every guy they have paired her with.  She even had chemistry with Will/CM.  She's starting to get that Vanessa Marcil effect.  You pair her with just about anyone, it's a sure bet, you might feel torn!

Paul getting bit by a strange fly and he's becoming disoriented and out of it.  How Days.  ?  I can't wait to see what happens here to be honest.  Usually when something freakish happens to him it tends to get my attention.  Hope it's better than the Jo Ling stuff from last year. 

The Deimos/Victor stuff was good for me.  Pretty well written between them.  

While yes this might have been a slow burn episode, I can appreciate this one better than all I have seen in the last few weeks. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know opinions vary but  think Gabi's a decent actress--she's certainly better then Mansi or VJ or the person playing Jade.

Gabrielle Haugh.

Although I don't hate Deimos the way most of you have come to, I still cheered when Victor confirmed him being thrown out of Titan and threw him out of the Kiriakis mansion.  He deserved both.  And now he's the one behind the Halo ring?  Hmm. . . . Interesting.

I know that some bug bites can be dangerous, but that quickly?  I'm confused as to why Paul's so out of sorts already.

12 minutes ago, annabel said:

also, what exactly is Jade supposed to be up to? and why?

I don't know what she's up to with Theo and Claire, but I do know she's trying to make life miserable for Kayla for cutting her off financially.  That's why she's helping Tripp take her down for Ava's murder when she knows very well that it was really Joey who killed her.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Nalan said:

I don't know what she's up to with Theo and Claire, but I do know she's trying to make life miserable for Kayla for cutting her off financially.  That's why she's helping Tripp take her down for Ava's murder when she knows very well that it was really Joey who killed her.

I don't like JadeTrash how she has lied on Kayla but I kind of like the direction where the show wants to finally take Jade.  That teen scene needs a bitch or some type of messy mya to rattle the rest of them.  Jade is just that person.  

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"You can't even nuke a pizza." 

How disgusting. Pizza in the microwave..As someone who lived in NYC, home of the best pizza in the world, this is a big no no.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2017 at 4:15 AM, NorthstarATL said:

Not the ONLY empty skull on that island!

Speaking of... What kind of police woman is Lani? She doesn't know a human skull when she sees it? She thinks it's an animal?? I'm an almost 60 year old grandma who works as a florist and I would know a human skull if I saw one.

And - she's afraid of every little sound on the island and needs big, strong JJ to protect her? I wouldn't have much confidence in her if she was my partner.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Can somebody answer a question for me?  A person on another forum is adamant that Deimos and Jade were colluding together in Friday's episode.  Did I miss something?

If you did then so did I but I admit I skipped Jade for the most part. It could be because they were both on the phone at the end talking about projects. However, while we don't know who Deimos was talking to Jade clearly identified Tripp as her contact.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, annabel said:

also, what exactly is Jade supposed to be up to? and why?

She set up a camera in their hotel room to film them having sex. She thinks she's helping Claire by "making a sex tape" so that Claire can be famous (ala Paris Hilton, Kim K, etc) and become Claire's best friend...as they both become rich off the sale of the tape.

15 hours ago, MsTree said:

...so that Claire can be famous (ala Paris Hilton, Kim K, etc) and become Claire's best friend...as they both become rich off the sale of the tape.

::sigh:: Remember when Shane proved his worthiness and his love for Kimberly by erasing a sex tape?

• Love 4
On 6/2/2017 at 3:24 PM, ihavenoidea said:

As much as you love them kitmerlot is probably as equal to how much I loathe them.  I just find them so fake, just everything about them.  . . .

Count me in with you.  I don't care if we're the minority, I really don't see the appeal of these two!  Sure, they are attractive people, but the complete retcon of their entire relationship up until now is appalling.  Gabi is a murdering nutjob (and fine, Nick deserved it and she did her time), but she never paid for her part in Melanie's kidnapping and that whole debacle of a storyline.  Why is everyone so quick to forgive her when I don't even remember her taking responsibility?  And Chad seems to have forgotten that she was his psycho stalker!  Her antics have helped ruin Rafe's character too.  She just needs to go.  I don't care who Chad gets paired up with; it's Gabi I can't stand.

• Love 1

Is Raines coming on to Abigail or what?  He's creepy af.

Was there a rule that everybody on the island had to wear khaki pants and white shirts?

Kate, it's not true that Arianna would have no one if Gabi and Sonny died.  There are lots of Hortons and Hernandi floating around.

Abigail is coming across as really naive in this Dario thing.

I wonder where Paul's knife came from.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Count me in with you.  I don't care if we're the minority, I really don't see the appeal of these two!  

Here we may be, but other places not so much.  It just depends on where you go.  Although I will say in general the show right now seems pretty hated wherever you go.  I mean the whole show stinks.

35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Abigail is coming across as really naive in this Dario thing.

I wonder where Paul's knife came from.

Abigail has to be naive or the story wouldn't work.  It's also dumb that she's acting like she and Dario are BFF when she barely knows him.  You'd think someone who was dating a serial killer would be more wary of any man after that.

Christopher Sean is such a good sport.  I honestly feel like this show has had no use for him from day one.  They do absolutely nothing with him that's not ridiculous.  Has he ever had an actual story?  He deserves better than this show.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

Christopher Sean is such a good sport.  I honestly feel like this show has had no use for him from day one.  They do absolutely nothing with him that's not ridiculous.  Has he ever had an actual story?  He deserves better than this show.

So say we all. Compare Sparkle to the villain Christopher played in Hawaii 5-0. At on that show he actually had a story and showed that he actually can act.

On the other hand, I think everybody enjoyed the eye candy he brought today. Chris can rock a sleeveless t-shirt. God what pecs!! Wonder how much he can bench press.....

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

What?! They really referenced Jungle Madness...?

They did.  J.J. and Lani found a diary of a woman whose husband had come down with it on the island, and a doctor called in to look at him had diagnosed him with that.  J.J. and Chad both recognized it as something that Peter had had at one time, and J.J. in particular noted that he (Peter) had almost killed Jack and Jennifer while he was in the throes of it.

(edited)

Hey! I might be the only one but I'm absolutely here for Jungle Madness 2.0. Good way to pay homage to history and get the 20 somethings involved in classic storylines.  Liked they brought up Peter having a similar virus too when it happened in the mid 90s. I wonder was this Ryan or Sheri's idea.  Higley hates soap history so I doubt this was her idea at all. 

Anyhow I'm totally fine with Kate and Andre getting married.  It's a match made in soap hell!  ?  And the Dimeras need to get out of their funk being a snoozefest family.    

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, rcc said:

"It's jungle madness!" LOL I think it's madness that we still watch this show.

Can I say that Paul is truly bringing the "madness" part and it's damn entertaining :)  But I wonder why no one has noticed how unbelievable sweaty he is--it's kind of freaking me out.

So much for Lani being a tough cop--she cowers behind JJ while they're searching for Eli and JJ discussed the investigation with Chad--could you imagine anyone pulling that with Hope?  She'd have been the one leading the search and finding clues and being naturally brave..  Lani not so much.

Chad's putting the flashlight under his chin, trying to be scary and Gabi's reaction of "Not funny" felt like such a couplely(is this a word?) moment to me and it made me grin.  Chad is so charming, I can't stand it :)

• Love 6

Of all the bad acting on this island Lani is definitely the worst. I was hoping that in her second stint on the show she would have improved but I think she has regressed.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Nalan said:

They did.  J.J. and Lani found a diary of a woman whose husband had come down with it on the island, and a doctor called in to look at him had diagnosed him with that.  J.J. and Chad both recognized it as something that Peter had had at one time, and J.J. in particular noted that he (Peter) had almost killed Jack and Jennifer while he was in the throes of it.

Wow. Never thought that would get brought up again. A shame nobody else remembered that Celeste had it too. Thanks!

• Love 1

It's so sad how a woman has to write other women to look so weak and helpless. They can't do anything without a man helping them.

I'm surprise John didn't make Marlena stay until he got back.

Best part of the Gabi/Chad kiss to me?  It kept Gabi from constantly nodding her head up and down!  Has anyone else noticed how she does this when she's talking AND when she's listening to someone else?  ;)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Of all the bad acting on this island Lani is definitely the worst. I was hoping that in her second stint on the show she would have improved but I think she has regressed.

I don't...know....I don't know what...what you're...um.. talking about.

• Love 5

The description of todays episode as per by my satellite dish, said :

" The CASTAWAYS panic when they realize Eli is missing" ...I almost fell off the couch laughing.

Then, within seconds of each other, they hear wolves howling and lions roaring?! Good grief, this is nuts. Where did they crash? A zoo?

• Love 7

Unless there is a zoo or a ship crashed and left behind some animals, the island probably wouldn't have more than maybe mice or whatever made its way to it. Maybe a few wild boars, if that. Wolves, lions, olives, peaches, lemons? I doubt it.

Maybe Myron saved up for years for his new car. Or not. None of Hope's business unless he is under investigation for some crime.

The castaways look a little too clean and not odiferous enough to be on the island.

Dario, since you do have family in the US, chances are you might qualify for a visa without marrying someone. Abs does not love you and probably never will. She really should be on her own for a year or so, attend regular therapy/counselling sessions, and stick to her meds. And then, maybe date a bit and decide what she wants.

• Love 1

Gabbi and Chad have won me over.  I never held Nick against Gabs because I found that storyline flat out hilarious but I wasn't sure I really felt her with Chad and the manufactured flashbacks didn't help, but I give in.  They are so much more rootable than Chad/Abby.  And I have to say the pace is actually pretty good for the island story- camp is set up, discussions are had about food and shelter, (I never thought we'd see much of either happen and we haven't which is not terrible- it would be pretty boring to watch), major pieces of information are unearthed and revealed to the entire group quickly, and the tension isn't bad.  I like that this isn't a "will we get rescued?" thing because YES- there is a different menace and its not the stupid amulet.

• Love 5

how much do I not care about pretty much anything that is going on on Show these days. why am I still watching. I am not using question marks because there are really no answers. and now there is a big potential misunderstanding setup between Hope and Rafe because he thinks she knows about the marrying to avoid deportation thing, but Abby did not tell her that part (I don't think, I might have FFd through)