Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

WANTED:

One Serial Killer or Accurate Hit Man to take out Demios Kiriakis. Must have a desire for justice, despise show-eating, characters who should not exist, and have the ability to wipe that smirk off of Demios' face permanently.

MISSING:

Victor Kiriakis. Victor was once a very smart business man who had a dark side but also would stick it to anyone who messed with his family. Victor has been replaced with a pod person who allows a should-not-exist brother to hurt his wife, terrorize anyone without thought and consequence, and has little thought or feeling about his family.

IN SEARCH OF:

Salem brain. It seems to stay hidden way too much and is desperately needed. We have a woman on the loose obsessed with being the only mother to the offspring of St Daniel now in cahoots with an careered assassin, a biological mother forced to kidnap her own child who is on the run with the carrier of the heart of St Daniel who has a hero complex, a psycho who kidnaps on a weekly to bi weekly basis but is never caught, a father who puts his own daughter up to meddling in the business of his girlfriend, and a teen crowd who are too stupid to function.

• Love 9

Sami's first day she was sneaking into the house and got caught.  She had run away from boarding school.

Sorry, Show, you can't just call a hospital, say you're a friend, and get updates.

{{Adrienne}} Damn, Judi killed it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Sami's first day she was sneaking into the house and got caught.  She had run away from boarding school.

Sorry, Show, you can't just call a hospital, say you're a friend, and get updates.

{{Adrienne}} Damn, Judi killed it.

Judi Evans has been wonderful in her scenes lately.  She is portraying her breast cancer S/L so realistically...I admit to being teary-eyed today when Adrienne admitted to Kate that she was scared, but she didnt want to show it in front of her family.  Really well done scenes, kudos to Judi(Justin, Lucas, Sonny & Kate also).

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Judi Evans has been wonderful in her scenes lately.  She is portraying her breast cancer S/L so realistically...I admit to being teary-eyed today when Adrienne admitted to Kate that she was scared, but she didnt want to show it in front of her family.  Really well done scenes, kudos to Judi(Justin, Lucas, Sonny & Kate also).

Oh yeah this was Judi's day to shine and this had better be in her Emmy reel. My only tiny complaint is the whole episode shoud've been about Adrienne's surgery and not about Nicole Brady and Eric and especially Demios's psychotic obsessions. They just had to have Sonny talk to his mom about his power struggles jeez!! If I was a writer of the show Sonny would've been only concerned about his mom and when his mom was in surgery have Paul show up in the waiting room with Ari to offer some support for his boyfriend. The damn war could wait for a day.

• Love 7
Just now, madhacker said:

Oh yeah this was Judi's day to shine and this had better be in her Emmy reel. My only tiny complaint is the whole episode shoud've been about Adrienne's surgery and not about Nicole Brady and Eric and especially Demios's psychotic obsessions. They just had to have Sonny talk to his mom about his power struggles jeez!! If I was a writer of the show Sonny would've been only concerned about his mom and when his mom was in surgery have Paul show up in the waiting room with Ari to offer some support for his boyfriend. The damn war could wait for a day.

ITA....I have to FF Deimos' scenes now.  Eric is so mopey, dont care about Nicole's new nosey neighbor, and yes, it would have been nice to have Arianna show up.  

• Love 1

I'm barely watching lately, snippets here and there of my longtime loves only.  Judi Evans destroyed me in a few minutes today.  I had to turn it off :( Much too close to home.  She's amazing...but she always was (1987 - after Duke raped her.  I was in awe). 

• Love 5

Nicole needs a bit of a spine with the neighbour. I admit that I am not a huge neighbour person. I would be seriously creeped out at having my new neighbour drop by all the time - especially since I haven't even unpacked. She would be told that I can't see her today. Give me the phone number and I will call when I have the time. Nosy, needy, whatever. Get out!

• Love 6

For the first time in a very long time, I actually cheered Rafe on when he started to attack Deimos over what'd happened to Gabi.

Yeah.  That's how repulsive I find Deimos now.

JE KILLED IT this episode!. OMG it was so real it was hard to watch since I lost my mom to breast cancer 5 months ago. Only nit pick I have is JE beautiful head of hair....I was surpised how quick it goes once you start chemo.. wish they wouldve had her wear turban..then again that may be too realistic to handle.. Kudos to JE for fantastic performance!

• Love 6
On 3/24/2017 at 10:53 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Christ - Adrienne was raped too?

>:(  This show.

I hear you...

Duke Johnson (her own father) raped her. She shot and killed him just minutes before Steve arrived. When Steve found her, she was in shock with the gun in her hand. In a effort to save Adrienne from jail, Steve confessed to the murder. Adrienne couldnt remember what happened. When Steve was about to be sentenced, Adrienne remembered and stood in court telling what happened. Very powerful performances by all!

Edited by mj2000
Spelling
  • Love 4

This Abby/Chad/Gabi/Dario story might be literally the worst square I've ever seen on daytime.  

Even if you've always hated Abby, anyone who has watched this show from the the last year of Casey Deidrick's run until Abby "died", knows that Chad has always been all up in whatever Abby is doing, faking brain tumors, fighting serial killers, weeping all last summer in his same stupid sweater in the DiMera study over her death.  It's just hard for me to believe his love for Gabi can compare. I understand if they wanted to go for a triangle, but they went about it all kinds of wrong.  

Also someone needs to sit Billy Flynn down and tell him to stop stuttering, it's becoming a huge distraction and I can't believe his co-stars haven't noticed.  It's not something he's always done so I'm not sure why he's doing it now.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 2

I'm one who seriously disliked KM's version of Abigail and was happy to see her leave. The nu-Abby is nothing like KM's version and, therefore, she's likable to me.  But now, thanks to this stupid square Dena came up with, I'm starting to really dislike Chad.   And the stuttering isn't helping.

So did Chad bring Gabi out of her coma. Did they show it? Next thing I knew was was talking to Dario and asking about Chad.  It felt like I missed a scene or two, which is possible as I was finding it hard to stay interested today.

I know I keep saying it, and it's not (totally) the show's fault that Drake was off work, but John's absence was huge again today with Brady saying his goodbyes. At least show remembered about Tate. 

• Love 1

I was half paying attention, but I think Chad's voice gave Gabi the will to live, as opposed to, you know, her daughter, who would have not only lost her father, but her mother.

Also Gabi is the only one who gets Chad.  I wonder where she was when he was accused of murder?  Hmmm.

As a person who likes Abby and Gabi this storyline is killing me.  WHY!

Also they should have cast Tripp as Joey, boy already has twice the charisma in two days as JL has mustered in almost two years.

• Love 3

OK, Mrs Robinson here, admitting that I find Tripp to be absolutely gorgeous, and not even wanting to know the actor's age, because I will be ashamed of myself...

On a non-shallow note, I do think he is a decent actor from what I have seen thus far and I only wish they had cast him as Joey instead of JL and not created this child of Ava, a character I wish would just be forgotten...

My word, Brady is a complete and utter moron.  Is he going to uproot Tate and make him live a pseudo-life on the run with Nicole?  He sure forgot about Theresa in haste.  I truly hate this story.

• Love 4

Chad is coming off as such a douche in this story. I don't buy his big love for Gabi and, now, with all this waffling back and forth, it taints his love and commitment for Abigail. Sure, Abigail effed up, but they've had her acknowledge it time and again, so it kind of mitigates any justification for he has for pining for Gabi. Fair? Maybe not, but it's just how I've ended up feeling. Make a decision and hold to it, dude. Also, how do you not choose the mother of your child's life? He looks like a weak ass baby to me. 

• Love 3
On 3/24/2017 at 10:53 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Christ - Adrienne was raped too?

You didn't know? Yeah, and by her own father (also father to Steve and Jack). Steve killed him. The father also abused Jo, which is why she gave up Steve and Jack for adoption (I'm fuzzy on Adrienne's existence, but believe she came after.).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyJaney said:

My word, Brady is a complete and utter moron.  Is he going to uproot Tate and make him live a pseudo-life on the run with Nicole?

Hey, at least he's being with Tate at all rather than abandoning him, so that's . . . something, at least.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Vyk said:

Hey, at least he's being with Tate at all rather than abandoning him, so that's . . . something, at least.

Haa, yeah I guess we have to give credit to him for at least bringing his son along with his douchey antics...

I can't even chime in anymore with this whole Abby/Gabi/Chad thing.  If they were going to split them up, they might as well have written Abby off in another way and let Chad be with Gabi.  I just don't buy into their epic love, I felt like Chad had that with Abby until she returned.  Go figure.  I also really liked Gabi with JJ and don't get why they split them up.  

Not feeling it with nu-Jade.  She is a character that could be written off right about now.  I suppose Tripp could be paired with Ciara or Claire, since he's actually only related to the Johnson side of the family.  Not a Horton or a Brady.  Maybe poor Theo can catch a break now, being the only non-Brady/Horton teen male in Salem ;)  There was Chase, but look what became of him...

When will we seen John onscreen again?  Anyone have a date range? Or is it summer like everything else?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

You didn't know? Yeah, and by her own father (also father to Steve and Jack). Steve killed him. The father also abused Jo, which is why she gave up Steve and Jack for adoption (I'm fuzzy on Adrienne's existence, but believe she came after.).

Yes, after.  Steve didn't know she existed when she came to town.

The story of Adrienne's rape was used so well in the Steve/Kayla story: Kayla had stopped Steve from killing his father before the rape, and he blamed her for months about the rape, and lied to her, too, about who killed Duke, until the truth came out at Steve's trial.  He was still pushing her away when Jack came to town, which gave an opening for Jack and Kayla to get close.  In other words... everything that is missing from how they could be using this current story to give Steve and Kayla something of their own, here.

29 minutes ago, LadyJaney said:

Not feeling it with nu-Jade.  She is a character that could be written off right about now.  I suppose Tripp could be paired with Ciara or Claire, since he's actually only related to the Johnson side of the family.  Not a Horton or a Brady.  Maybe poor Theo can catch a break now, being the only non-Brady/Horton teen male in Salem ;)  There was Chase, but look what became of him...

The idea of Steve's son dating Bo and Hope's daughter squicks me out, both because they are close as family, and because I just want every bit of Ava to be extirpated from the show.  Tripp is going to have to do some major sucking up to Kayla before I accept him, if ever.  His whole backstory just feels so manipulative to me... and almost too perfect to get Steve's sympathy.

Edited by lska
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, LadyJaney said:

When will we seen John onscreen again?  Anyone have a date range? Or is it summer like everything else?

Really soon. In fact, just saw over on the other forum that Drake's name was back in the credits today.  So think either this week or next.  Can't come soon enough for me. Though it does scare me to wonder what Dena wrote for John and Marlena. 

I really like Tripp and the actor who plays him. How can the casting department get it right sometimes and others fail miserably (Joey)?

To me, he actually feels like Steve's son.  I don't feel that with Joey.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 3

Thomas should be walking pretty decently at 18 months. I was a late walker, but...

I don't buy Chad and Gabi's epic love. Uh, they went to high school together and now are attracted to each other. Who knows if it will last more than a month. Chad also has the baggage of a newly returned from the dead wife.

Is Jade going to be manipulating Joey or the whole Johnson family? Maybe someone will give her a scholarship to another college.

The actor playing Tripp is cute, but it is manipulative. Feel sorry for Kayla who has to deal with her husband having another kid that is grown up and again, another dead one newly returned alive. Maybe Tripp will like her.

Brady, have you forgotten about Theresa? You may love Nicole, or simply be addicted to helping her out. Going 'on vacation' while she is on the run looks oddly suspicious. Might make more sense if he lied and said he was going out of town to look for Theresa.

Dario, just wait a few minutes. You may still get a chance with Abs.

• Love 2

They won't let Arianna walk around and isn't she like 4?  Probably afraid the kids will just wander offset.

I'm not sure why they even recast Jade.  There was a perfect ending point to that story when the other one left.

• Love 2

Over Joey and Jade. Doesn't help that Tripp has a whole lot more personality than his brother. 

I guess it's better that Brady isn't abandoning his child to infiltrate a Mexican cartel like his mother did. Nice to see him and Marlena together even though I'm not a big Brady fan currently. 

Is Chad going to stay away from Gabi now that she's awake? I like Chad/Gabi but he chose Abigail so now it's time to move on. For both of them. I saw a little something there with Eli so I hope that can be explored for Gabi. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Adrienne actually killed her father, and Steve walked in on it. Adrienne had no memory of it, so Steve framed himself, so to speak, and went to jail. Adrienne later remembered what she had done. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, metter1 said:

Adrienne actually killed her father, and Steve walked in on it. Adrienne had no memory of it, so Steve framed himself, so to speak, and went to jail. Adrienne later remembered what she had done. 

Oh, right! Sorry, been so long. Probably forgot Steve covered.

So far, I like Eli.  But he's being a hard-up douche about Valerie.  She had every good reason to keep the secret of his paternity a secret.

I think Kayla can discuss Jade's treatment with him present if Jade herself is okay with it.  No ethics are being violated.

While Chad saying all that he said to Deimos was true (and giving him a taste of his own medicine was pretty awesome), J.J. was right.  He should've just identified Rigo (the thug, according to closed captions).  It could've been over just like that.

Ah, so Valerie has a place now.  Interesting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vyk said:

While Chad saying all that he said to Deimos was true (and giving him a taste of his own medicine was pretty awesome), J.J. was right.  He should've just identified Rigo (the thug, according to closed captions).  It could've been over just like that.

The only way it would've been more awesome is if Sonny was there too. He would've enjoyed every moment of watching Deimos (well deserved) ass kicking. Oh well, hopefully Chad got some good video and sends it to Sonny.

The only problem is this is only going make Deimos even more nuts.

I do also agree that Lucas Adams was well cast as Steve's son. Please just don't ruin him when he finds out his half brother killed his mom.

• Love 1

Is the show trying to shed some light on opiod overdoses? Nah. Jade is just looking for some attention.

Tripp is taking Steve as his bio dad a bit too easily. Wonder if he has some ulterior motive. Perhaps he knows about Ava and that Joey killed her.

Deimos deserved a bit of karmic payback.

Valerie seems quite settled in Salem for someone whose bags were packed not so long ago. Nice to see Abe find someone. And Eli shouldn't really be so hard on his mother. He was born in an age when interracial relationships weren't really common and his mother did have her reasons. One day he may accept them. Can't imagine the FBI would allow him to help out the Salem PD unless a crime had some federal jurisdiction.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Deimos deserved a bit of karmic payback.

Wasn't that funny when Chad just played a game on his phone while he was getting beaten up?:)  I laughed so hard.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2017 at 1:08 AM, mj2000 said:

Duke Johnson (her own father) raped her. She shot and killed him just minutes before Steve arrived. When Steve found her, she was in shock with the gun in her hand. In a effort to save Adrienne from jail, Steve confessed to the murder. Adrienne couldnt remember what happened. When Steve was about to be sentenced, Adrienne remembered and stood in court telling what happened. Very powerful performances by all!

Yup. And to add, she remembered while sitting on a park bench...either with Justin or he had just left, I can't remember.   The shock and horror on her face when she remembered was WOW.  I loved all those scenes.  Powerful stuff.

• Love 2

Wouldn't they have done test results before doing double mastectomy?

Forget it, Eli, Gabi isn't going to be into you.

Why does Tripp keep saying that he doesn't believe anything they're saying about Ava, when he never knew anything about her?

I wonder how long it will be before Sonny, JJ and Abigail meet their new cousin.

Aw, poor Anne.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Aw, poor Anne.

What was the point of the buildup with her if Adrienne was just going to choose Lucas?  Seems like a waste of Anne by doing that.  At least Lucas seemed to get that being so happy in front of Anne backfired on him.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

I  suspect Anne hasn't given up quite yet.  Knowing this show Adrienne will still end up with Justin.  Half the show I was annoyed that those two boys put their love lives over Adrienne's surgery which no doubt must have been emotionally devastating which she conveyed well by the look on her face and glance down at her body.  All three did such a great job. Justin 's eyes welled up. Then I suddenly remembered he broke the marriage in the first place.  

I don't trust Tripp. Not sure why Eli cares about Gabi when she treated him very badly. I don't hate jade she's still very young, just lost a pregnancy and has been treated horribly her whole life.  Original jade looked like much more of a trouble maker to me .  I don't hate Joey either but I wanted to slug him for not even knowing how much the rent is. 

I like the new Tripp guy. I actually enjoyed his scenes. I can't figure out whether he's so interested in his mother because he knows/knew something already, or because Steve was so shady about the reveal. I just recently met my birth mother, and I asked about who my father might have been, but let it drop when  she told me she didn't know who he was. I was actually really surprised when my half-brother tracked me down. I had no idea I'd ever meet any people related to me. Now I'm wondering what's being hidden. Perhaps I'm really next in line to the English throne....

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I like the new Tripp guy. I actually enjoyed his scenes. I can't figure out whether he's so interested in his mother because he knows/knew something already, or because Steve was so shady about the reveal. I just recently met my birth mother, and I asked about who my father might have been, but let it drop when  she told me she didn't know who he was. I was actually really surprised when my half-brother tracked me down. I had no idea I'd ever meet any people related to me. Now I'm wondering what's being hidden. Perhaps I'm really next in line to the English throne....

Congratulations on all that, it must be a lot to take in.  I hope it continues to well for you.

• Love 2