Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I have not been a long time viewer.  I caught some storylines over the years, while visiting my sis, or cause I heard something and I tuned in (Melaswen).  So I only know all the really horrific things Stefano did by reading DOOL Wiki, but he is entirely contemptible. A worthless human being and he should have the shit shot right out of him.  He's horrid.  So I don't think he should get a denouement a la Tom and Alice.  But I think what people are saying is that the actor should get the proper send off.  And so maybe this was disrespectful to him.  I don't know, cause I don't have the history, but I thought JM lapped this up and truly enjoyed his tour de force mocking of Hope and the Bradys.  That seems kind of fitting for him, no?  And if he intended for her to shoot him, even better!

They might do a montage when the storyline wraps up, but I am not as upset about his death as others (if he is dead).

Re Andre, again, not so familiar with the character. I kind of remember Tony and Anna.  I loathe Andre and I think TP is hamming it up to uncomfortable levels.  I am guessing he is supposed to replace JM as the villain but he is seriously too cartoon-like, even worse than Stefano.

If Hope had not killed Stefano, I would have been certain that it was Andre.

I was not around for Steve and Kayla 1.0 or 2.0 so have no fan bias, but I am seriously loving these two.  They are bringing it.

• Love 5

AZ was amazing again.  DH was great in her scenes as well.  For once Marlena didn't have the upper, psychological hand with someone and she wasn't going to be able to turn things to her advantage or diffuse a situation in her favor.  Now I generally like Marlena, but she always has a way of placing herself above everyone else on the moral high ground and can often (especially with Sami) come across as smug and superior.  Nicole wasn't having it today and you could see Marlena's face cracking with grief over Daniel, remorse for Nicole, Melanie and Parker, concern for Brady and John, and worry for Eric's future.

As for Stefano, I'm still hoping it's all a delusion planted by Andre and that Hope isn't actually a murderer.  Even so, having Rafe take part in covering up what is (or what he thinks is) a murder is pretty damaging to his character.  There was a reason Sami and Kate didn't go to Rafe for help after Gabi killed Nick, and that was an act of self-defense!

Question is when did anyone in Salem judge Abifail.  Her hump partner got all the judging and blame.

i heard that, too!  Do the writers think the audience has forgotten that is was Sami who was judged while Abigail got all sorts of sympathy?

• Love 8

AZ was amazing again.  DH was great in her scenes as well.  For once Marlena didn't have the upper, psychological hand with someone and she wasn't going to be able to turn things to her advantage or diffuse a situation in her favor.  Now I generally like Marlena, but she always has a way of placing herself above everyone else on the moral high ground and can often (especially with Sami) come across as smug and superior.  Nicole wasn't having it today and you could see Marlena's face cracking with grief over Daniel, remorse for Nicole, Melanie and Parker, concern for Brady and John, and worry for Eric's future.

As for Stefano, I'm still hoping it's all a delusion planted by Andre and that Hope isn't actually a murderer.  Even so, having Rafe take part in covering up what is (or what he thinks is) a murder is pretty damaging to his character.  There was a reason Sami and Kate didn't go to Rafe for help after Gabi killed Nick, and that was an act of self-defense!

i heard that, too!  Do the writers think the audience has forgotten that is was Sami who was judged while Abigail got all sorts of sympathy?

But they made a mistake then, Rafe could have helped them.  And didn't Rafe actually cover up for Gabi at some point, and isn't that why he was thrown off the stellar Salem PD?  I think he at that time covered for his little sister, someone he loved dearly, and he is doing the same now for Hope.  Plus, he hates Stefano!  Stefano and was it EJ? held him captive while a double raped Sami.  Argh.  I truly can see his motivation here to protect Hope, but also cause he thinks Stefano needed killing.

• Love 2

It just occurred to me that Hope's murder of Stefano would have felt 200% less random if Rafe had uncovered that Aiden was manipulated by the DiMeras into attempting to kill her.

Shoe-horning Stefano into Bo's exit storyline after-the-fact is silly considering how recently we saw him do something to hurt Hope's entire family over the course of several weeks...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

It just occurred to me that Hope's murder of Stefano would have felt 200% less random if Rafe had uncovered that Aiden was manipulated by the DiMeras into attempting to kill her.

Shoe-horning Stefano into Bo's exit storyline after-the-fact is silly considering how recently we saw him do something to hurt Hope's entire family over the course of several weeks...

Ahhh, continuity, a concept previously embraced by our shows.  It's almost as out of fashion as having characters behave in a consistent manner.

• Love 7

I'll gladly trade consistency for storylines that don't involve four months of a cheap elephant statue. Still, did the loose diamond go in the vacuum? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

No, there are probably still a couple/three loose diamonds in Daniel's couch. Which Parker will find and swallow, leading to a big medical story that he is not Daniel's son at all!! See how easy that was? Who do I contact to get my check??

• Love 8

Yes, I agree.  If Hope or Rafe learned that Aiden was sent to murder her by Stefano, this story would be so much more impactful.  What the hell, writers?

• Love 8

Re Andre, again, not so familiar with the character. I kind of remember Tony and Anna.  I loathe Andre and I think TP is hamming it up to uncomfortable levels.  I am guessing he is supposed to replace JM as the villain but he is seriously too cartoon-like, even worse than Stefano.

Andre is incredibly annoying and I don't know what the point of bringing him back is. All I want is for someone to shoot him multiple times and for fake blood packets to explode blood everywhere. If crazy out of control Andre is going to be heading the empire then the Dimeras are in worse shape than I thought. 

Eh, I don't remember if Rafe actively helped cover up Sami shooting EJ but he knew about it and didn't turn her in. Same for when he found out about Gabi's role in Melanie being kidnapped and the Horton square exploding. He probably would have helped Sami/Kate/Gabi get away with the whole Nick thing, especially if he knew Nick had been manipulating Gabi and tried to rape her.

• Love 7

THIS! When I was watching, I was waiting for Stefano to mention this. I am going to be very frustrated if Hope never finds out about this.

• Love 7

I was not around for Steve and Kayla 1.0 or 2.0 so have no fan bias, but I am seriously loving these two.  They are bringing it.

Unfortunately all the YouTube scenes are disappearing, but S&K have always been my favorite, especially S&K 1.0.  Right now, Steve and Kayla are my favorite couple on this show (minus the Ava crap).

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 4

Yeah, the writers didn't do Abigail any favors these past few days. Her "what, do you feel okay, Mom?" after Jennifer being battered and bandaged and one of the sole survivors of that accident made me wince -- more because the writers gave folks new fodder for their dislike of Abby. But I loved JJ in brother-mode. He can be a badass! Then, the scenes in the Martin house (I assume that's where Chabby are) were pretty anti-climactic after all they've been through. (Although, as another pointed out, Chad's lifting Abby was unreasonably hot, lol. 

Nicole's grief is wearing on me. I get where she is and where her grief is taking her, but yelling and screaming at a man who is just waking up after a near-death experience himself wasn't cool with me. (If you can't tell by now, I'm a peaceful sort.) And I thought Marlena handled it well - -I would have screamed back if my daughter had been in that bed (peaceful only gets me so far when my fam is concerned). 

Onward and upward. I want Kayla and Steve scenes, not Steve and Ava scenes. I wish they'd fast-forward through that crap. 

• Love 3

Yeah, the writers didn't do Abigail any favors these past few days. Her "what, do you feel okay, Mom?" after Jennifer being battered and bandaged and one of the sole survivors of that accident made me wince -- more because the writers gave folks new fodder for their dislike of Abby. 

Now is a really bad time to have Crabs be all "in love" and "happy." Her mother could have died and Dan did die but all Failure cares about is getting her HEA with Chad and Plot Point Baby. Besides that, she should still be dealing with the fact that her former fiance turned out to be a serial killer who murdered her best friend/cousin. She shouldn't be interested in any type of romance right now and should be solely focused on her baby.

• Love 8

Maybe that's why it felt anti-climactic to me, Lefty. I was pre-disposed to liking their get together finally as a little family (I guess they put Thomas in the closet or the bathroom?) but it did fall flat given everything else on the canvas presently. 

• Love 4

I just need to know where Rafe/Hope are going to ditch this body. Someone suggested a trapped door in the house but it would stink after awhile. LOL. Then again at Dimera Manor if you can't hear gunshots and people coming in/out then I'll be shocked if they smell anything.

In the DiMera garden. That way if anyone smells anything rancid, or the spot has no growth, they will just assume that's the spot Abigail got her freak on.

Cursed forevermore.

• Love 8

I'll gladly trade consistency for storylines that don't involve four months of a cheap elephant statue. Still, did the loose diamond go in the vacuum? 

We still never got a clear reason why Alice Horton was embezzling millions of dollars. Something to do with that stupid ass coin the gay vampire wanted. 

Abifail is a sociopath. I honestly believe that. I don't think that's what the writers are going for but that's how KM plays her. It's just impossible for me

Abifail is a sociopath. I honestly believe that. I don't think that's what the writers are going for but that's how KM plays her. It's just impossible for me to believe that she cares about anyone but herself.  

If you do not have a dick you may as well forget Abifail ever caring about u.

• Love 1

Dear Days,

You suck. I never thought you would dispose of one of your best characters as if he was garbage, literally. Where do you get off...?!?

Disgusted,

Me

*cuts to Rafe for useless reaction shot*

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Hey y'all!!! Sorry in advance for the long post. The Lawd is testing me. I come back and try to catch up only to have Belle, Abigail and Chloe all on the show at the same time.

Wow! Days did a really good job on the accident and aftermath! Seems like Daniel's death is resonating more than Will's who was a legacy character. They might as well have thrown Will in a ditch by the road and sprinkled lime on him. 

All the actors are doing a fine job. One quibble is that AZ's crying is seeming a might forced on occasion but she is still knocking it out of the park. 

Why is that strip of rawhide with eyes Ava back in town? They just can't let a couple be a couple for 2 minutes without some crazy interloper can they?

I hate the Sami story like a disease and EJ is up to his old tricks even in death (assumed or not). When he was alive and Sami gave him a glimpse of hope of giving him some action, he declared wanting to be a better man and trying to break away and/or take down Stefano which always seemed to amount to EJ trying to steal all of Stefano's shit! 

If Days were to be likened to a KFC menu, than Belle would be original recipe Abby. They legit pretty much have the same unpleasant snarkable qualities. Belle only has the advantage of her character having been rested for a few years so I am not suffering fatigue from her. However, she is still up to her same crap so for me Chad with either Abby or Belle was like the worst game of 'would you rather' ever! It is like would you rather have taste buds on your butthole or shit through you mouth. Either way - your tasting shit. Back on the tv without pity boards, oh what a time was had ripping on Belle/Martha Madison. She really was what Abby is to this board today. There were a lot of Phelle fans but most hated her cheating ways and ribbed her for looking very matronly for her age. Good times!

I am not familiar with the work of the recent recast playing Phillip. I think he does favor JKJ in appearance. However, yeah, I am seeing the tics so many have mentioned. Plus, what the hell with such hard ass laugh lines on a man so young? Nothing in the world is that damn funny. He also doesn't have any real chemistry with Belle.

The new Aussie doctor is not a very good actor and not in the least compelling or interesting. I suppose he is technically attractive but he does nothing for me. He is basically a Dollar Store Hemsworth if you ask me. 

Why are the hypnotized, clones or doppleganger of things so much more fun than the originals? I preferred roboJawn to real Jawn. Faux Rafe was more interesting than the real one. HypnoChad was infinitely better than real Chad.

Now that Chad is out of his daze, why am I the one seeing charred human skulls, maggot riddled flesh and scenes of war every time Chabby is on my screen? Riddle me that!

I thought the reveal and subsequent reunion of Chabby was very anti-climatic. The show does the character of Abby no favors. Why have her out penis wrangling while her son is in the hospital? She barely seemed to care that her mother was in an accident. Surprised she didn't leave Thomas with Jen while she ran off to bump uglies with Chad. However, it was shown that JJ left the house and than Abby went off to meet Chad. So did they leave their recently injured and grieving mother alone in the house?

I don't how Theresa and Brady managed that quick u-turn to love all in the span of mere weeks. I am just not here for it. Firstly, I am fatigued by the Brady character. How many times has he been in love in the past 5 years? He may not be the nasty philanderer that the Daniel character was but he got far too many love interests and stories compared to most - mostly thinking of Lucas. I don't see what they did with the Theresa character as a redemption, which I don't really think she needed to begin with but just a sweeping under the rug of her past misdeeds. This just all highlights the stupid that is Brady. That man should be under the guardianship of his parents, Victor or become a ward of the state and be made to wear a soft helmet 24/7. I don't know how going to Michaels and getting sketch pads, pencils and suddenly remembering how your "ogre parents" killed your design dreams makes love grow but whatevs. Oh and I guess they threw Kate under the boss to make Theresa sympathetic just for good measure. It is not that I don't like Theresa. I just don't like her with Brady. Frankly, as much as I dislike Chabby, I think the Thrady baby is a bigger plot point than Thomas. The story with Kristen was the biggest stinker of 2015.

I'm glad Stefano is no longer. He may have once been a viable villain, but he hasn't been that in ages. Joe has been looking a bit frail and life in soaps is a hard relentless one. Enjoy retirement Ms. Mascolo.  It remains to be seen whether the avenue they took to write him off the show works. I think Hope had just as much reason as anyone he has tortured and victimized throughout his tenure on the show. However, it would have felt just a tad bit sweeter if it had of been Jarlena. 

Who will be the next Days baddie? Andre just has no chill and seriously damned if I know what he has been up to besides skulking around the DiMera manse. Victor? I see him the same as I did Stefano, just a bit less frail but still those days are behind him. I guess maybe

Vincent I's character

?

• Love 10

I'm so glad I skipped that whole plot and legitimately have no clue what references to it mean.

Can anyone explain to me how or why Stefano would have had anything to do with Bo's kidnapping?

Bo's original reason for leaving Salem was to do some deep undercover against Stefano to garner evidence to put him away forever.  Outside of that Stefano has tortured, gone after most of the Brady family. 

• Love 1

So Steve just believes Ava story just like that? K. 

If Chase is bullying Theo what does he hope to accomplish? 

The Crabs scenes were disgusting, as usual. I hope Failure is murdered on her wedding day.

They might as well have dumped Stefano is a trash can.

• Love 6

Bo's original reason for leaving Salem was to do some deep undercover against Stefano to garner evidence to put him away forever. Outside of that Stefano has tortured, gone after most of the Brady family.

I thought Bo's original reason for leaving town was because Caroline needed to accompaniment to Cali for treatment...and then Caroline came back solo...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

The teen crew is just awful - every single one of them. Awful. Ciara reminds me of Kristen Stewart - and that's not a compliment. 

Sweet Jeezus Billy Flynn is handsome and his acting ability is outstanding. Next to KM I just am NOT buying the love he has for her - he's really selling the lines but I cannot picture them together. 

• Love 5

Ciara is a good aunt to Claire. I give her that. Chase already liking Claire by saying she has a good voice (someone is definitely toned deaf).

Hope and Rafe put Stefano's body here

24f9z7c.jpg

Least he didn't go out in a plastic garbage bag.

Edited by BlackMamba

Yesss Andre. Tell Crabs the business, bitch. Ander is clearly pissed Chad didn't get the info about the money. Now Chad doesn't want to be a "Dimera" yeah we'll see how long that last.

"I can't speak" and she speaks! Hope can give my eulogy as long she doesn't kill me or bury me in garbage boxes. Oh nice touch Rafe kick the boxes dead body.

Ciara is throwing a party?? That girl is throwing a party.

Rafe definitely likes helping women in trouble: Sami, Gabi and Hope. Hope, though, won't be able to hold her pokerface for long. She has a history of letting things slip.

Andre is telling Chad youre a Dimera and the blood is running through your veins. Andre does speak the truth here. Chad will enter the dark side when the time comes whenever he gets his nose out of Abifail's turtel tank.

Rafe kicking the boxes weakly to seem cool just makes me hate him. Loser. Why does Stefano"s daath have to be all about you earning your way into Hope's panties? These two act like kids who skipped school and have to keep it a secret from their parents. Oohh, sexy!

STFU Hope. The Pheonix must rise again!

I like Claire more than the other teens, so I sort of want her kept to herself until Chase is written out and Ciara is recast.

I see the point about Theo not being ideal for a love story...and it makes me wish the writers were capable of writing something other than love stories. Theo can have tons of potential to mine...

I actually like Lani so far. She's pretty natural. I want more scenes of her, Theo and Abe getting acquainted. Why can't that family get a house set?

These were some useless location shoots today. They don't have the money for a school hallway or a construction site? Save the cash for the exciting location rentals...

I will never not be upset on Joe's behalf for the undignified sight of his body wrapped up in a sheet and dragged around, as it was today.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Ava has no idea where maybeBaby is at because her daddy sold the baby off to the black market. She wants Steve help find their spawn baby.

Chad comes over to Abifails and says he walked away from his family. Abifail is thrilled she's getting what she wants again.

See, Hope already cant shut up. She's ready to implode now with guilt.

Andre comes home screaming "Fatha. Fatha. Thats strange, why is the king put in that position?" LOL Chessboard-gate is in full effect!

Good episode. The teens looked much better today. I still need Lani to go bye bye. The mystery and suspense is picking up with the other stories.

I thought Bo's original reason for leaving town was because Caroline needed to accompaniment to Cali for treatment...and then Caroline came back solo...

That was actually the first trip.  Bo came back from that trip and then began the undercover storyline. 

Didn't we also think that Daniel's mysterious appearance in Marlena's hospital room was a clue? Sometimes they just like to mislead us...and sometimes they aren't even aware of when they're dropping clues...

MaybeBaby.

• Love 1

Five bucks this kid of Ava's is:

CHASE

I was wondering if it was the new out-of-nowhere teen that was at the New Year's Eve party.

"There's a secret passage up there.  We can move the body out through the tunnel."  Not so secret, is it?

Where are Chad and Abigail? And how did Andre find them?

Why does NBC always do their interruptions during Days?

Billy Flynn seems to be putting on a little weight.

Interesting that they found some non-standard sets today.

One Direction plays in Salem?

How does an unknown person manage to charter a private jet that belongs to somebody else?

• Love 4

Higley is always consistent in her Wtf, nonsensical storylines. Just when you think she cannot go even lower, the bitch does it again.. I cannot believe that there's an Ava spawn out there fathered by Steve.. Fuck you Dena! Kayla is about to get screwed again by Steve's psycho du jour. This is Marina all over again....Kayla thought that she was Steve's wife, only to have Marina appear declaring herself to be his true wife...Now Ava is going to used this child to throw it in Kayla's face that she had Steve's son too.. Poor Kayla...What a disappointment!

Is this the best that these stupid writers can do..Steve reconnecting with his children and repairing his relationship with Kayla is enough material for these writers to mine for good character driven stories. Steve and Kayla are too old for this shit with Ava part Two.. Ava needs to disappear for good. If the writers wanted to give them an antagonist from the past..How about Orpheus..He has history with Steve, Kayla, Rojohn, Marlena and if I am not mistaken he also has history with Bo, Hope,Kim, Shane and Victor. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I am reaching my last limit with the show and Ava Vitali may make me turn off the show for good...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I was wondering if it was the new out-of-nowhere teen that was at the New Year's Eve party.

"There's a secret passage up there.  We can move the body out through the tunnel."  Not so secret, is it?

Where are Chad and Abigail? And how did Andre find them?

Why does NBC always do their interruptions during Days?

Billy Flynn seems to be putting on a little weight.

Interesting that they found some non-standard sets today.

One Direction plays in Salem?

How does an unknown person manage to charter a private jet that belongs to somebody else?

Crabs were at the Martin house. Andre probably has someone watching Chad.

Are Rafe and Hope supposed to be making it look like Stefano took the Dimera jet out of the country?

• Love 3

Apprentice79,

I think Ava's stay is short-term - like six months or something.  That's still way too many months of her duck face and creepy black eyes, but at least there's a foreseeable end.

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but I did watch Y&R and GH before leaving for the afternoon.  For all Days problems, it it still my favorite soap.  Y&R is mostly boring and there are a number of weird looking people that take me out of every scene they're in (Victoria, Devon, Jill, some guy named Stitch).  Plus, Victor Newman is absolutely vile and repulsive.  I do like Kevin and Mariah, though.  As for GH, there's really nothing recognizable about it anymore and I don't care about 95% of the characters, especially the Corinthii roaches that the writers focus all their attention on.  B&B is an absolute joke and the epitome of plot point writing (worse than GH, if you can imagine). 

Anyway, hopefully all the death and despair that Days has been doling out recently is coming to an end and the show will continue to climb in the ratings.  It's a  shame they shoot so far in advance.  There are many great ideas here for stories and compelling, believable ways to mine show's rich history.  Like some others I don't understand why the writers didn't make Stefano's death a huge event,  JM deserves it and it could've been a great murder mystery.  Such a missed opportunity.

• Love 5