Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

How is it a retcon when the baby was always shown to be Chad's on screen through the storyline? The viewers always knew the baby was Chad's, the voice over of Daniel's today talking about Thomas's father while we saw Chad wasn't a shocker. It was just Abby/Chad that had to be clued in, not the viewers.

The pregnancy was quickly brought up and a DNA test was ordered quickly because Abby was experiencing symptoms at that time. Clyde was shown telling the lab tech that Ben was the father no matter what in no certain terms. Meanwhile, the viewers at no time were shown that Chad was absolutely the baby's father. The viewers were never shown the true paternity results.

Now we come to the birth. When Abby was in the cabin and had the baby, a scene was shown with JJ and Roman at the police station. During their conversation it was told that Abby wasn't due until January. She gave birth in November. Take away the premature birth and count back 9 months and it gives you Abby getting pregnant in April. She didn't have sex with Chad until the end of May - 1st part of June. That makes Ben the actual father. Making Chad the father is a retcon of the conception timeframe. With Chad being the father, Abby would have only been 5-5 1/2 months pregnant at the time of birth. That baby would have had extremely underdeveloped lungs etc.

• Love 6

Take away the premature birth and count back 9 months and it gives you Abby getting pregnant in April. She didn't have sex with Chad until the end of May - 1st part of June. That makes Ben the actual father. Making Chad the father is a retcon of the conception timeframe. With Chad being the father, Abby would have only been 5-5 1/2 months pregnant at the time of birth. That baby would have had extremely underdeveloped lungs etc.

Only Days the writers/producers can fuck up a timeline to appease rapid fanbase for the money couple. I remembered at least twice that happened with Bope (Zack and Ciara). Hope should had at least had one of them children not be Bo's. But because Bope fans didnt want to see Hope go down that road, I think it was Reilly, let Ciara be Bo's instead of Patrick. And don't even get me started on the mime sex RoboBo had with brainwashed Gina/Hope to confirm he was the definitely the daddy of Zack. Total bullshit.

So I'm in no bit shocked Abifail and Chad have a kid together via a fucked timeline.

• Love 5

But Jlrd, you're using logic. In Salem, time has little resemblance to what we think of as time : )

True. It's just that these things are so outlandish sometimes. It would have been better to have made Chad the father later while everything isn't so fresh in the viewer's minds. This isn't the first time or the last time that this will happen in a soap. Ciara should be Patrick Lockhart's by logic. I just think it would have been more dynamic to have let Ben stay the father in this case especially with RoboChad's little speech about the baby being another man's etc.

• Love 4

Having Ben been the father would had made for better storytelling. Sami has

fraternal twins for crying out loud by two men! It was good story even if the rapid fans of Lumi and EJami still go cray nuts over it.

It would had made Abigail realize she shouldn't be sexing up every guy she meets and gave her a layer of guilt whenever she got with Chad finally.

I don't know why these asshats refuse to do good soap storytelling. Then they wonder why these ratings are in the toilet.

Too much damn appeasing.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

Only Days the writers/producers can fuck up a timeline to appease rapid fanbase for the money couple. I remembered at least twice that happened with Bope (Zack and Ciara). Hope should had at least had one of them children not be Bo's. But because Bope fans didnt want to see Hope go down that road, I think it was Reilly, let Ciara be Bo's instead of Patrick. And don't even get me started on the mime sex RoboBo had with brainwashed Gina/Hope to confirm he was the definitely the daddy of Zack. Total bullshit.

So I'm in no bit shocked Abifail and Chad have a kid together via a fucked timeline.

Oh yes, the infamous mime sex. I've gotta say that one is worse in terms of over-the-top than the current baby issue. Sorasing is one thing for elementary age children like what was currently done with Ciara, Chase, Theo, and Joey but soarasing from the womb is a little out there. It is what it is :)

• Love 1

Guys PLEASE don't post stuff here that should go in Media or spoilers that aren't from TODAY'S EPISODE. I'm not sure how much harder I can say if it wasn't ON TODAY'S SHOW don't post about it here. We have threads for your every posting need. Please use them. 

Having Ben been the father would had made for better storytelling. Sami has paternal twins for crying out loud by two men! It was good story even if the rapid fans of Lumi and EJami still go cray nuts over it.

It would had made Abigail realize she shouldn't be sexing up every guy she meets and gave her a layer of guilt whenever she got with Chad finally.

I don't know why these asshats refuse to do good soap storytelling. Then they wonder why these ratings are in the toilet.

Too much damn appeasing.

Exactly! So many possibilities missed with this one. Abby coming to terms with the fact that perhaps Chad or any other man may not want the responsibility of raising another man's child, having Chad slowly accept the baby and struggling with the fact that he'd be raising the son of the man who tried to kill him twice, Abby struggling to deal with the fallout and long term effects of raising the son of the man who kidnapped her and tried to kill her. Therapy sessions could have been shown between Abby and Chad.....and later with Thomas. Imagine a soarased Thomas dealing with the fact that his biological father was a murderer. A lot of drama there.

• Love 2

Having Ben been the father would had made for better storytelling. Sami has

fraternal twins for crying out loud by two men! It was good story even if the rapid fans of Lumi and EJami still go cray nuts over it.

Too much damn appeasing.

The writers would never allow princess Abifail to get knocked up by a serial killer. That would be unseemly. 

• Love 3

Belle comes with one man and leaves with another all in front of Claire? Poor Claire, she seems more like the parent/adult than Belle. 

I liked all the fashion show scenes, which was the 85% majority of the show and had a lot of cast interaction.  Those models should have been slapped. 

Chad's walking around with the earring but reciting what Andre told him?

Kate deserves to not be anywhere near Basic Black, she wanted the company and everyone to fail.

Gabi saying she had a lot of practice breaking up cat fights was funny, since it implied but she didn't say that she learned in jail. The fist bump was also great.

The pregnancy was quickly brought up and a DNA test was ordered quickly because Abby was experiencing symptoms at that time. Clyde was shown telling the lab tech that Ben was the father no matter what in no certain terms. Meanwhile, the viewers at no time were shown that Chad was absolutely the baby's father. The viewers were never shown the true paternity results.

It was implied and confirmed from the test results story itself. The first set of DNA test results were accurate, those test results had it's own plot of Clyde making the lab tech stop Abby from getting the un-fixed results. The lab tech had to call Kayla and told her that those test results were compromised and he had to run the test results again. Abby almost opened those real results. Clyde and the lab tech were frantic to not let Abby open those. Then the lab tech ran the "fixed" results and Abby opened that envelope which declared Ben the dad. If Ben was the dad in the first envelope of results, it wouldn't have needed to be fixed and the lab tech wouldn't have had to stop them from opening the first results. The viewers always knew the first set of results were real and the 2nd set were the faked one. The 2nd set declared Ben the dad.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Exactly! So many possibilities missed with this one. Abby coming to terms with the fact that perhaps Chad or any other man may not want the responsibility of raising another man's child, having Chad slowly accept the baby and struggling with the fact that he'd be raising the son of the man who tried to kill him twice, Abby struggling to deal with the fallout and long term effects of raising the son of the man who kidnapped her and tried to kill her. Therapy sessions could have been shown between Abby and Chad.....and later with Thomas. Imagine a soarased Thomas dealing with the fact that his biological father was a murderer. A lot of drama there.

Bravo - I love this post.  

After Ben went crazy I really wanted the baby to be his because of the possible stories that could reverberate through the years (even though I wasn't watching at the time, Mike being Bill's son rather than Mickey's comes to mind).  But I don't think the writers could be creative enough to come up with anything more than a month or two in the future and storylines other than the "drama that Thomas is really Chad's son rather than Ben's."  Who cares!?!?!??!  At least maybe Abby will start acting like a concerned mother since finding out the kid is her "true love's" baby.  

I think I'm glad next week I'll be at work when DOOL comes on so I can DVR it rather than watching it live.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 4

Ha! If only he did. I agree, all of this brainwashing is on Andre. He's the one torturing his own brother. I believe his genius plan involves Chad being so good in the sack that Belle will start spilling her guts about the money and Sami. Even though she herself has no idea where Sami is. I guess they could get the money back that Belle has. Even though Chad could be the best sex ever and I'm still not seeing Belle leading the Dimeras to Sami. All in all its a terrible plan. Lol.

Too many stupid questions pop into my head whenever I see Andre trying to unfold his plan: How does Andre know what the sexual capabilities of Chad might be? Why does he think sex could make Belle tell the truth about Sami's whereabouts, no matter how good the sex might be?  How does he know whether Belle will actually fall for Chad? (yeah, I get that she cheats, but she didn't seem to offer a facial opinion either way when Abigail stormed in to yell at Chad). What  if Belle decides she wants to focus on her law career more than anything else? What if Phillip gets to Belle first, and she decides Chad might be inferior in the bed dept (isn't that what happened with Shawn??) What if Abigail kisses Chad and he decided he likes what he's kissing, brainwashing be darned?

I think the brain transplant storyline on Friends' version of DOOL  where Joey was going to be implanted with Susan Sarandon's brain, and hence a new personality, made more sense to me. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I hope someone presses charges against those stupid ass models for destroying those dresses. 

You would think Kate would want Theresa and Nicole to be successful since she put up a third of the money for the company.

Belle is so trashy.Claire has probably been raising herself since being back in Salem because her mother can't be bothered. 

• Love 4

And this would be a wonderful parallel with his grandfather, Jack, whose own biodad AND his adopted father were both monsters. Harper was a serial killer while Duke was a pedophile.

• Love 6

I can't even pinpoint it down to one thing, but watching the show today I thought, "this is the boringest dribble and these characters are such a bunch of unlikable people! What happened to this show over the years?"  

Probably among the things that contributed to that sentiment were:

-Steve (the sharpest tool in the town when it came to Bo's disappearance) is now the dumbest tack in the pack when it comes to this Ava crap. Really, he's just going to believe she's next to her last breath and only in town for her forgiveness tour when she's out schmoozing with the new town doctor who doesn't know she's sick and all fixed up on New Years Eve. Doesn't exactly scream hospice patient.

-Thomas's blood type. Seriously, the kid has to have a health crisis for them to figure out his blood type doesn't match? When they typed it the other day they didn't compare it to his parent's chart? It couldn't have been any simpler. Both parents have O. When he didn't, the doctor's could have clued in that Mommy Dearest's ink was getting dipped by different pens. And Salem hospital is supposed to be one of the best around?

-The new teen scene is so....ewww. Poor Joey has to be boning over his parents arch nemesis because he's related to everyone else he hangs with. NuCierra is awful. Chase is no future leading man. 

-The old teen scene. My lord, what happened to these people?  Belle's had a personality transplant even though she's being played by the same actress. Phillip got a personality transplant to along with a new but old and unattractive face and hair. 

-Why is Kate acting like a bitch again? I thought she'd made so much headway when her and Sami became besties. 

-Kayla's dress....just gonna put that out there. 

-The so not attractive and unprofessional models: don't they have agents that should have been called? Where were Anne's scissors to keep them in line?

• Love 6

No matter how well-preserved Patch might be, I feel as though Ava is too young to be obsessing over him. I get that the older man-younger woman scenario is a thing in entertainment, but still....although, oh wait, wasn't she obsessed with John too? Okay, maybe this is in character, but also built on a fantasy older guys in entertainment have...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

No matter how well-preserved Patch might be, I feel as though Ava is too young to be obsessing over him. I get that the older man-younger woman scenario is a thing in entertainment, but still....although, oh wait, wasn't she obsessed with John too? Okay, maybe this is in character, but also built on a fantasy older guys in entertainment have...

Okay, here's where I'm confused and where I suspect once again Days timelines is a huge freakin' continuity error.... So Steve was with Ava during his missing years? Or as recent as his last stint in Salem? But wouldn't that still be like 14 or 15 years ago because he took off when Joey was still little and now he's a teen??? So if this baby picture that Ava's toting around is plot point baby storyline #2, wouldn't the kid be almost as old as Joey or older now???   

• Love 2

Wait... the older man-younger woman dynamic is only done in entertainment?? It's real life. There are tons of men who are John and Patch age who get with younger women. Thats not a new trend. It's been going on for centuries.

Anyhow, John and Ava had fling when he was NuJohn. Steve and Ava have a history because when he disappeared they had a relationship, that Ava thought was real, but when got his memories back he left her at the alter before they married which ultimately made her crazy. Don't even ask me how old Ava was suppose to be at the time. One could assume she was in her early 20s when she first was with Patch.

• Love 1

Wait... the older man-younger woman dynamic is only done in entertainment?? It's real life. There are tons of men who are John and Patch age who get with younger women. Thats not a new trend. It's been going on for centuries.

Anyhow, John and Ava had fling when he was NuJohn. Steve and Ava have a history because when he disappeared they had a relationship, that Ava thought was real, but when got his memories back he left her at the alter before they married which ultimately made her crazy. Don't even ask me how old Ava was suppose to be at the time. One could assume she was in her early 20s when she first was with Patch.

Yeah, I paused before mentioning "in entertainment" as it does happen in real life, but in real life the guy usually has to have a ton of money to get a younger woman to be interested in him. Do I think younger women naturally gravitate towards older men as a general rule  if they don't have money or don't look like Brad Pitt  (or maybe used to look like...insert the name of any celebrity who used to catch a lot of women's fancy in his prime)? --- not really. Older men wanting younger, fertile women - yeah, sure, that happens a lot. A younger woman obsessing over an older man if he's not Robert Redford in that Demi Moore movie  (and the younger competition doesn't look  like Woody Harrelson) -- I'm not sure how often that happens.

Even though Patch is handsome for his age, I feel I have to suspend too much disbelief to wonder why pretty youthful Ava is wasting her prime years obsessing over a 60 year old. Maybe if  she merely liked him, that would be okay, as there are some couplings where the younger women genuinely likes the older man for himself. But...er... going full on bonkers like she seems to be approaching every time she sends eye daggers at Kayla? Does Patch have a lot of money stashed away somewhere?

Edited by bantering

Does it bother anyone else that Tamara Braun cannot/does not hold eye contact with whomever she's speaking to???? It always looks like she's looking at people's collar bones or shoulders. Argh!!!

Yes, me! That makes me nuts. 

Does it bother anyone else that Tamara Braun cannot/does not hold eye contact with whomever she's speaking to???? It always looks like she's looking at people's collar bones or shoulders. Argh!!!

I wouldn't be able to hold eye contact with her. Her eyes creep me out and have from jump.

• Love 4

That right there. 

Why do women have such a hard time writing powerful women? This would have been a great and compelling story and Higley missed the boat.

Higley hasn't been on the show for months.  She barely came on before she was gone again.

Tamara Braun just bothers me period. And her hair is in need of volumizing shampoo as much as KM's hair is in need of any shampoo. 

• Love 2

What is Kate wearing?  It looks like she has furry tentacles.  HIDEOUS!  Also hideous?  That green monstrosity that someone in wardrobe put on MBE.  No one, anywhere, ever, should wear that dress.

I'm loving that Daniel is finally putting Nicole first and admitting that there are other doctors in the hospital who are every bit as competent as he is. 

KM really needs to stop with the deep exhaling as a means of conveying anguish.  It's stupid and one of her worst tics.

ETA:  Totally agree about TB's eyes.  They are completely black and creepy.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3

I always felt that if Hope could not have a child that was not Bo's neither should Bo have had a child with Billie.

• Love 2

That was an underwhelming runway show.  I could find any one of those outfits at Kohls or JC Penney.  Daytime can't do anything right, but it's probably my fault for having expectations.  Oh well.  At least by Nicole's reaction the looks were good enough to shut Kate up?

The bright spot was Camila Banus.  She looked gorgeous.  And her and Anne taking charge of those idiot models was fun.

It was also nice to see Chad with someone other than Abigail, even if it was Belle.  Billy Flynn is not a conventional soap hunk but damn is he sexy.

So the doctor tells Abigail that something is very wrong and KM chooses to have Abigail stand there and smirk?  She's terrible.  I hate that they're saddling Chad with Abigail and this unnecessary baby.

• Love 8

Did I say Hope ever was "an angel" hell didn't she get busy with Patrick Lockhart (fine ass). I was actually happy that whole year Hope was carrying on with Patrick because Bo was so mad and jealous.

Like it made Bo see, at least for a while, that Hope could move on with someone else and she wouldn't be waiting for him to stop getting tired screwing Billie (particularly).

My point is without getting into a pissing match is it's one thing when Shanw put up with that when he was a teen and maybe when he and Belle were early 20s. Now they are 30 something with a teen. Someone needs to set the example somewhere to Belle that yeah you can be replaced and I don't have to put with your cheating ass!

I wasn't implying that you thought Hope was an "angel".  My point was that I personally wouldn't of classified Hope as some long suffering wronged wife who was always waiting around for Bo.  Personally I prefer Bo and Hope with other people, but to each their own. 

For the record I don't blame Shawn for dumping Belle for cheating on him, again my point is that Shawn shouldn't really be able to bring up Belle's past considering her past included an affair in which he himself was the other man.  To me "their" past affairs cancel each other out, at least in terms of Shawn or anyone else throwing it in her face.  Her mistakes that she is currently making should be what she is judged on.

• Love 1

So the doctor tells Abigail that something is very wrong and KM chooses to have Abigail stand there and smirk?  She's terrible.  I hate that they're saddling Chad with Abigail and this unnecessary baby.

I want so bad for someone to ask Incubator why she doesn't seem to care much about her Plot Point Baby and then call CPS on her. 

• Love 2

For the record I don't blame Shawn for dumping Belle for cheating on him, again my point is that Shawn shouldn't really be able to bring up Belle's past considering her past included an affair in which he himself was the other man. To me "their" past affairs cancel each other out, at least in terms of Shawn or anyone else throwing it in her face. Her mistakes that she is currently making should be what she is judged on.

Pfft.

I won't let Belle slide. I hope when Shawn does come back and Belle tries the, "Why you filed for divorce?" lines he rips her a new one. (We were suppose to get that with Jason Cook but they never showed the scenes

• Love 2

What is Kate wearing? It looks like she has furry tentacles. HIDEOUS! Also hideous? That green monstrosity that someone in wardrobe put on MBE. No one, anywhere, ever, should wear that dress.

I'm loving that Daniel is finally putting Nicole first and admitting that there are other doctors in the hospital who are every bit as competent as he is.

KM really needs to stop with the deep exhaling as a means of conveying anguish. It's stupid and one of her worst tics.

ETA: Totally agree about TB's eyes. They are completely black and creepy.

ITA about MBE's dress! And wth did she have on over top, a black cardigan from Loft??? Perfect outfit for a splashy fashion show...

I think the fact that Belle has had a second affair on Shawn looks pretty dumb. The first one could probably be canceled out, but the second one makes her look pretty bad (just like it did with Carrie). A pattern of that kind of behaviour looks pretty stinky, although I'm not as offended by Belle or Carrie as I am by Abigail (who  cheated on or tried to cheat with people more  times than actually cheating on someone), and my only explanation is their acting isn't as annoying to me.

Abigail is so annoying, I'm actually okay with Belle landing Chad, even though Belle is starting to look older than Sami (wtf).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

What is Kate wearing? It looks like she has furry tentacles. HIDEOUS! Also hideous? That green monstrosity that someone in wardrobe put on MBE. No one, anywhere, ever, should wear that dress.

Typically LK can dress, minus that disgusting blue streak she pimps in her hair, but yeah today maybe she going for her best Carella Deville.

• Love 2

Is everything Theresa designed black?

Nicole looks gorgeous.

Nicole and Ava are friends?

"You, Anais, can take your umlaut and shove it."  LOL  And I loved Gabi breaking up the fight.  I guess being in jail gave her skills.

Applause to Kayla and Belle for not wearing black like everybody else.

Shouldn't there be a lot more light when you're trying to showcase clothes?

"It's New Year's Eve."  "Not in Hong King."  No, in Hong Kong, it's New Year's Day.

• Love 3

Pfft.

I won't let Belle slide. I hope when Shawn does come back and Belle tries the, "Why you filed for divorce?" lines he rips her a new one. (We were suppose to get that with Jason Cook but they never showed the scenes ) But I'm sure with this writing team they are going to find some excuse why Belle had to go have another affair on Shawn. Personally, I want Shawn to go out with other women. Belle has been doing it with Phillip and mystery man in Maine.

I just don't want Shawn (especially since he being played by Breemer) to back soft. When Marlena committed adultery on Real Roman he ripped her a new one at St Lukes and at the house, it was some powerful acting then. Even Bo ripped Hope a new one at Tuscany she and John were caught in the bed and he thought JT was John's.

Oh I completely agree with you on the Roman/John/Marlena.  I guess what I am trying to illustrate is this.  For example, Roman to me has lost his "right" to bring up the John/Marlena affair in present time because just a few years ago he himself cheated with Marlena and got her pregnant, just like John did to him 30 years ago.

To me, Shawn has every right to be mad at Belle for the "Maine affair" I just personally resent him bringing up her past affair, when his past affair with Belle resulted in the very marriage that he himself was just betrayed on.  That to me is where the sticking point is. 

Regardless the end result is still the same and it seems that Belle hasn't really learned her lesson from her past mistakes.

• Love 2

Oy, my head is pounding and I feel like I spent the night in a club with lousy music. Other than that, the fashion show was fun! The whole model fight was ridiculous, and not in a good way. Gabi looks breathtaking these days, though. 

I'm really developing an obsessive dislike for Belle. I don't remember her being such a mess a few years back, and she DOES look older and desperate. Her dress and sparkly jacket combo looks like a Real Housewife wannabe's idea of formal party wear. Blech. 

Love that color on Kayla, but yeesh. Maybe if the fabric had been a little softer and flowy, I don't know. But how happy she and Patch are, yay! 

I take it Jennifer didn't know about the sleepover at Chad's, lol. Which reminds me of yesterday when Jenn shared her worst fears about Thomas having whateveranemia with his new, anxiety-ridden mother -- yikes. 

Gabi's jail skills coming in handy. Love that! Her and Anne breaking up the models was funny. And her and JJ continue to melt my cold heart. The shortest scenes today, but they were cute. She looked gorgeous during the fashion show too.

I'm glad Nicole is happy with Daniel. Seeing her excited for Theresa and Basic Black was nice but I do enjoy her needling Kate. My goodness Kate, can she stop being so heinous for 5 minutes? Not sure what's going on there but it would be too much to hope that all this bitchiness is due to missing Will. Even though one of your sons is back and the other one (the invisible one) already lives there. Kate's never been the nicest but her behavior lately has nuts.

I'm not as down on the younger set but man Ciara and Claire together makes me cringe. More Theo and Joey please. And possibly cast a teen girl who is NOT related to him so he's not crushing on the psycho who tortured his parents and is playing him and them now.

Definitely a fan of brainwashed Chad. I know it's going to be brief but I will enjoy this. And not going to lie, I do like him and Belle. She turns the bitchy from about a 10 to a 7 with him so kudos Chad. Don't love that Belle decided to come with Philip and leave with Chad ALL in front of her teenage daughter. What was that? I don't begrudge you moving on or whatever since technically you aren't divorced yet but maybe not in front of your kid. I'm guessing all this "moving on" will bring Shawn back to town. Lani is a good option for him. Didn't even think about that.

• Love 4

Please tell me that Steve is joking about buying into Ava's crap.

Theresa hyperventilating was hilarious.

Anne was her usual self.....love it!

Belle is just behind repulsive right now. She cheats on her husband.....again, gets upset because he wants a divorce, and treats her daughter like she doesn't have the right to be upset at all and just walks away from her. To top it all off, she attends the show with her ex and leaves with Chad!

Kate needs to take a seat and shut her money grubbing mouth!

The big reveal....enough said!

• Love 5

I am pausing on Kayla's dress because I remember that the wardrobe department likes to dress MBE like a 90 year old frump. They didn't dress her that way today, and that's all I have to say about it.

I liked the Steve and John scenes. I almost forgot how good those two used to be together when DH was first the Pawn and then Roman. If I can't have Steve and Bo or Steve and Marcus (RIP, Richard Biggs), these two will do nicely. Maybe the creation of BlackPatch will given us Marlena and Kayla scenes, since we rarely get Kayla and Hope and Kayla and Adrienne scenes despite their rich histories and great onscreen chemistry.

She Who Must Not Be Named is supposedly on deaths door, but she manages to show up at a party she wasn't invited to, with a man she literally picked up off the street, so she can stare daggers at Kayla, who was once again guilted by Steve into forgiving yet another one of his sociopathic skanks, as he pretends not to notice SWMNBN ogling him. Yet, Steve thinks she has changed and wants to make amends, hell even dumb-dumb John isn't buying that obvious lie. I love Steve, but I'm saying it now, if Kayla is hurt by SWMNBN, I hope Kayla kicks him and his dimwitted son to the curb. I still don't get why we are supposed to believe that Steve causes every woman he breaths on to obsess about him, but Kayla can't find any other man on the face of the planet to be interested in her. Every other woman from couples heyday ( Marlena, Hope, Kimberly, Jennifer, Adrienne, etc.) at least got to have other men look their way, but not Kayla.

I am already over Belle. She can go and take the horribly recasted Philip (who now looks older than Austin, Billie and Lucas, all of whom were grown when he was born) with her.

I'm no fan of Theresa, but Kate is so OTT in her hatred for the girl. It's almost as if Kate doesn't remember her background as wife of abusive slime all, mistress of a rapist, hooker, etc. etc. I guess this is how the new writers think that they will redeem Theresa in the eyes of all the viewers, because it makes no sense otherwise.

At this point, the only member of the newly soarased teens I continue to feel nothing but love for is Theo. NuCiara and NuChase can go anytime. NuClaire is faring better only because Belle is such a horror. As noted previously, Joey's obsession with She Who Must Not Be Named has put him on my ishlist for the foreseeable future, although I still like his scenes with Theo.

I continue to dislike Jennifer and her daughter. The only upside to Jack being dead is that he is spared from dealing with and having to claim these two.

• Love 5

1. Nicole and Ava are friends?

2. Shouldn't there be a lot more light when you're trying to showcase clothes?

3. "It's New Year's Eve."  "Not in Hong King."  No, in Hong Kong, it's New Year's Day.

1. I wondered this too! What is the background there? I was almost expecting Nicole to say "hi sis" since the last time I saw TB on screen she was playing Taylor Walker and humping Nicole's then husband, EJ.

2. That was very strange to have such a dark fashion show. I realize the name of the company is Basic Black but someone took it a bit too literally with all the black clothes and lack of lighting. Oh except for those annoying green dots on everyone's faces. That was like someone let loose a daycare of kids with slime colored laser beams to play in the dark past their bedtime. 

3. lol

• Love 2

Know nothing about Belle's history, so how old is she supposed to be?  And Chad?  I would put him in his mid to late 20's, maybe?  I swear Belle looked like she could be Chad's mother on today's show. 

• Love 3

Definitely a fan of brainwashed Chad. I know it's going to be brief but I will enjoy this. And not going to lie, I do like him and Belle. She turns the bitchy from about a 10 to a 7 with him so kudos Chad. Don't love that Belle decided to come with Philip and leave with Chad ALL in front of her teenage daughter. What was that? I don't begrudge you moving on or whatever since technically you aren't divorced yet but maybe not in front of your kid. I'm guessing all this "moving on" will bring Shawn back to town. Lani is a good option for him. Didn't even think about that.

Yes and yes.

Know nothing about Belle's history, so how old is she supposed to be? And Chad? I would put him in his mid to late 20's, maybe? I swear Belle looked like she could be Chad's mother on today's show.

Wow

Know nothing about Belle's history, so how old is she supposed to be?  And Chad?  I would put him in his mid to late 20's, maybe?  I swear Belle looked like she could be Chad's mother on today's show. 

Belle in this incarnation is supposed to be 35.  The character has been SORASED once from 4 to 16, and then recently her, Shawn, and Phillip have been aged to 35 (chronologically from the SORASED age she should be about 30) years old now that Claire was SORASED to a late teen.

• Love 1

Days has hit the SORAS button too many times. All of the age increases currently make no sense. Belle was much younger than Sami and yet now they are practically the same age. Frankly Belle and Phillip look older than Sami. And Belle would have to be closer to 37 to have a 17 year old Claire as she was already out of high school when she was born. But that makes no sense either as Hope does not look old enough to have a teenage granddaughter. She also wasn't a teenager when she had Shawn D.  But then it's clear that Ken Corday could care less if his show makes sense. 

• Love 3