Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It made MY skin crawl... He honestly looks and act like a mobster. He's less slick than Clyde, but just as creepy. I feel so badly for Kate. Where is her well-read, dapper and lovable mate?

Abigail couldn't even muster tears while describing Ben's murders...man, she seriously needs an acting coach.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Abigail couldn't even muster tears while describing Ben's murders...man, she seriously needs an acting coach.

I still don't understand how she's a woman on a soap opera and still hasn't learned how to properly cry after being here for several years. Or why no one gives her any eye drops.

• Love 7

It made MY skin crawl... He honestly looks and act like a mobster. He's less slick than Clyde, but just as creepy. I feel so badly for Kate. Where is her well-read, dapper and lovable mate?

Totally agree.  Kate deserves someone better than Clyde and Eduardo ... not that I believe for a second someone as sophisticated and beautiful as Kate would have ever fallen for that yokel Clyde, or would ever be interested in Eduardo with his flaring nostrils and ridiculous chin hair.  Why doesn't Days try to get Tristan Rogers for LK?  Or a younger man like Rafe, but much more interesting?

I still don't understand how she's a woman on a soap opera and still hasn't learned how to properly cry after being here for several years. Or why no one gives her any eye drops.

It's scenes like today that show how poor an actress KM really is.  Not a single tear or believable emotion for someone who's been through what her character has been through.  She's horrible.

Also, was NuCiara smirking after Chase ran away or is that just how the actress looks?  I've haven't been paying much attention to her yet.

• Love 4

Wow, Ben is starting to get really interesting now.  Sadly, I think his deeds have pushed him past the point of no return.  i don't see how they could redeem him from this.  Though I kind of want to see it happen.  Who knew that Rob Wilson had it in him?!  He has really stepped up with the crazy/evil stuff!

Abigail/KM...not so much.  I am usually mostly indifferent to her (and occasionally annoyed), but I really haven't like how she has played her scenes lately.  I think she is supposed to be panic stricken, exhausted and driven.  But it has been coming off more as annoyed, snooty and bitchy.  She really seems like this stuck up little brat sometimes, yet is always described as kind and loving, etc.  It doesn't translate.  

I also feel like they are shifting the blame off her regarding Ben's mental collapse.  It all began as a result of his desperation over losing her and her repeated infidelity.  Then he did a bunch of crazy stuff and ultimately turned on her once he realized what he became.  But now...Now it is shifting to his childhood trauma with his father and the guilt she is feeling has to do with not getting him help when she realized he was off...not the guilt that her serial cheating drove him over the brink.  I noticed she didn't bring that part up to Roman and gang in the police station.

Hope is such a badass.  She can take on any dude and kick his ass!  I love a female character who has the power to get herself out of a scrape!  I hope she gets the upper hand with the Dr again tomorrow.

OK I really like nu-Chase.  I feel for him.  I want to see where he and Ciara might go.  Right now, she clearly isn't having it.  I think she might like Theo a little.  I'm wondering when Claire will work into this group and if she and Chase will connect.

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 5

I also feel like they are shifting the blame off her regarding Ben's mental collapse.  It all began as a result of his desperation over losing her and her repeated infidelity.  Then he did a bunch of crazy stuff and ultimately turned on her once he realized what he became.  But now...Now it is shifting to his childhood trauma with his father and the guilt she is feeling has to do with not getting him help when she realized he was off...not the guilt that her serial cheating drove him over the brink.  I noticed she didn't bring that part up to Roman and gang in the police station.

We're supposed to believe Abifail feels guilt?

• Love 4

Imo ChAd will be the father in spite of the fact that he is not the father.

Just like the fact that Bo was not the father of Zack and Ciara....lol.....It was more believable when Andrew was at first believed to be Victor's thanks to Emma, only to turn out to be Shane's..What I loved about that storyline was the test for Shane was, would he be able to love Andrew, despite being Victor's..It turned out he was able to see beyond that....Andrew was Kim's son and that was all that mattered..He delivered Andrew, just like John delivered Belle, Jack delivered Abigail and Sonny delivered Arianna Grace..I loved the complexity with Kim and Shane...I doubt the show will ever give us that type of layered writing again....

You beat me to the punch Apprentice79. I was just going to point out that mime sex mad Bo Zach's father even though he and Hope hadn't slept together in like a year and the only men she was sexing up were John and Stefano (just typing that almost made me want to throw up). With Ciara, Patrick should have been the father for similar reasons, but once again, Bo's super sperm came into play. I guess this is how swamp fetus morphed into Chelsea, Bo's magical sperm.

• Love 4

I'm so glad Show ended with Abigail at the hospital, getting Baby Huey back.  It's a terrible thing, having to worry like that about your 14 pound preemie.  I'm actually surprised the baby didn't show up at the hospital cradling Chad in his arms.

And, with Abigail at the hospital, she should be getting back to normal sooner rather than later.  With any luck somebody she doesn't like will walk by and she can slap them.  Nothing would make her feel more normal.

And, of course, she feels guilty because, as always, she just loves too much.  Loved Ben too much to get him help, loved him too much to tell anyone he was nuts, loved him too much, just too much.  Yeah, I know she didn't say that exactly, but that's what I heard, because we've heard it before.  Remember her take on things post Chad the last time, post EJ, post Cameron.  She rewrites history with an ease I'm jealous of.  That's about all I'm jealous of.

Doc isn't so smart, taunting Hope.  She's ready to snap - hell, she's already snapped.  I have no doubt who will win this one.

I felt like Show thew out a gift to Kassie de Pavia fans today with that scene of her listening to her own music, remembering Paige.  Nice touch, at least for me.

I don't mind Eduardo, and I don't think he's a bad guy - (I mean, I can't fault anyone for running away from Rafe...just imagine what a sulky little shit he was as a kid) - but it seems to be Show's default to fix Kate up with whatever unattached male there is over the age of 18.  Hell, we're lucky Show didn't try to match her up with Lucas.

Since I enjoy both actors, I'll enjoy the pairing as long as I can.

• Love 8

Hands down, RSW nailed it today. That last stare was Norman Bates style.

Listening to Ben today, I have come to the conclusion that his psychosis started at childhood with the death of his mother. Then Jordan took him on the run and he had a stable mother figure. Once she told him to separate, that was the beginning of the end of his mental stability. Once he got with Abby, he was determined that he wasn't going to lose another woman. When he found out about her cheating with Chad, he took that as a sign of losing her and flipped out. In a nutshell, Ben seems to be suffering from abandonment issues coupled with child abuse.

• Love 17

I also feel like they are shifting the blame off her regarding Ben's mental collapse.  It all began as a result of his desperation over losing her and her repeated infidelity.

I don't think they're shifting blame at all, the blame is on Ben. However, Ben came on the show disturbed, the past history with Clyde was always there. Clyde raped his underage sister, Ben had violence tendencies, Ben had the FBI after him, Ben himself had false names and disappeared a dozen times before. 

We had theorized  in this very discussion post before the writers change/serial killer story that it looked like they'd do a physical abuse story with Ben/Abby. So the trauma and signs were always there with him. 

• Love 5

You beat me to the punch Apprentice79. I was just going to point out that mime sex mad Bo Zach's father even though he and Hope hadn't slept together in like a year and the only men she was sexing up were John and Stefano (just typing that almost made me want to throw up). With Ciara, Patrick should have been the father for similar reasons, but once again, Bo's super sperm came into play. I guess this is how swamp fetus morphed into Chelsea, Bo's magical sperm.

How could I forget the magic sperm? I think it would interesting if just this once Ben would remain the baby's father instead of going with the "safest" choice. That could create alot of drama and give Chad the test of a lifetime. The true test of him loving Abby enough to raise the baby of another man!

• Love 6

I'm starting to believe why Malcolm is in town

He hasn't received his current payment from whoever has hired him. Me thinks, his employee is Andre Dimera. But since Sami stole all of the Dimera fortune and put all the cash in off shore in Belle's name, he just miraculously appeared in Salem.

I think the writers are smartly going to weave necktie killer, Hope's revenge and Sami's scheme all under one big ass unbrella storyline.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Maybe KM spends so much time on social media updating everything about her work-outs, fashion, vegan dinners,  Ejabby Shower Sex videos, and fun nights with friends (my Facebook friends are less annoying than this), she doesn't have time to improve her acting. 

No, I don't seriously think there's anything wrong with her spending time on social media. I was kind of kidding about the above. But it does seem like updating all those accounts, especially on non-Days related stuff, would be tiring. 

In interviews, she does talk a lot about how she interprets Abigail's story, yet even with all that contextualization her acting isn't really moving. It's weird, because I do think she puts some thought into how she approaches Abigail. Although maybe she's just better at talking and doing PR  than actually acting.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I like how we cut to JJ and Chad at the hospital with the baby with no explanation as to how he was found. What was the point of having him go missing for one episode?

This is so typical of DAYS. They spend FOREVER on the set up and then rush the pay off. How long did Ben hold Abigail hostage in that stupid cabin? And then she has the baby, Chad tries to rescue her, they get handcuffed to the bed that's set on fire, Ben runs off with the baby and...everything is over in the course of a week (real time, only hours DAYS time).

• Love 3

I'm starting to believe why Malcolm is in town

He hasn't received his current payment from whoever has hired him. Me thinks, his employee is Andre Dimera. But since Sami stole all of the Dimera fortune and put all the cash in off shore in Belle's name, he just miraculously appeared in Salem.

I think the writers are smartly going to weave necktie killer, Hope's revenge and Sami's scheme all under one big ass unbrella storyline.

I could go with this.

Also if my memory is correct aiden was hired and brought to town by a demira, so that would fit in great with your spoiler tag. (Idk how to spoiler tag)

• Love 2

I could go with this.

Also if my memory is correct aiden was hired and brought to town by a demira, so that would fit in great with your spoiler tag. (Idk how to spoiler tag)

My memory is foggy. But I do remember Andre wanting him to payback some debt he owned him. Aiden was always worried about money while being with Hope since she is trust fund baby. Andre did threaten him before the wedding a week prior that he had to pay it or Chase would have to suffer the consequences.

• Love 1

In interviews, she does talk a lot about how she interprets Abigail's story, yet even with all that contextualization her acting isn't really moving. It's weird, because I do think she puts some thought into how she approaches Abigail. Although maybe she's just better at talking and doing PR  than actually acting.

Most of what KM says in interviews about Abifail doesn't actually match up with what we see on screen. I don't know if she just doesn't want to admit that Abifail is a freak or if that's really how she sees her character, but her interpretations are always baffling. That might be part of the reason why her acting is so subpar. 

• Love 6

The weird thing about Abigail is that she's kind of normal by Days's standards,  but KM seems to maker her appear so much worse. I don't get it. I don't get it. Even when she's being sane and rational, she's just so annoying. Baffling.

• Love 6

There's something a bit lost in her eyes and it makes the character seem unhinged and manipulative...like she's always saying one thing while thinking another.

If the actress wasn't bringing that energy to the part (involuntarily, I assume) and we had someone more bland playing her, then Abby would just be an immature, cheating dolt.

KM makes her menacing in a strange way, like you couldn't believe anyone would ever have trust in her.

• Love 5

My memory is foggy. But I do remember Andre wanting him to payback some debt he owned him. Aiden was always worried about money while being with Hope since she is trust fund baby. Andre did threaten him before the wedding a week prior that he had to pay it or Chase would have to suffer the consequences.

Andre, with Stefano's approval, bought up Aiden's gambling debts, which we were told were considerable. He was being threatened by what appeared to be some mob henchman because he was behind in his payments. I'm pretty sure that's how the got leverage over him.

• Love 2

Chad's "he looks so small in there" made me laugh. So did his entire demeanor and reaction to Stefano & Andre about the money. Good for Chad for putting some blame on EJ too. Andre wants to pimp Chad to Belle? LOL I hope to see that. 

Uncle Chad? Daddy Chad and his request of not wanting Weston as the last name will be helpful when the baby becomes a Dimera. 

The Steve and Kayla scenes were great, I love them. I also love that Steve figured out Joe that he was lying about the texts. 

Belle should just give the money back, why is she putting herself in danger for Sami's disappearing money act. Now she wants Belle to use the stolen money? This whole story makes no sense, Stefano was the one who had EJ injected, if EJ's out there shouldn't Stefano have him and know where he is? Wouldn't Stefano know where Sami is headed if she's looking for EJ? 

Abby not knowing what to put as date of birth and time was funny, because with the DAYS timeline, the writers probably don't know what to put either.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Did Chad really say "no" to Stefano?

His Dimera card should be revoked.

I'm actually hoping this is step one of him BECOMING his own kind of Dimera. I don't mean neutered. I just like layered. Billy Flynn can pull that off, I'm not an Andre' fan so I'd like Chad to step up.

• Love 3

Did Chad really say "no" to Stefano?

His Dimera card should be revoked.

He said maybe we could live like normal people. Which was hilarious, seeing Stefano's "are you crazy" look on his face.

The text from Sami was something about everyone will have their happily ever after if she finds what she's looking for, that she has enough money for the kids and Belle should have the rest to make something.

So have Belle and Sami only communicated via text regarding the money? If so, I smell a setup. I don't know why or what, but it just seems weird, even for something involving Sami.

Eduardo needs to get that hamster off of his chin. There are certain types of facial hair that just can't be taken seriously.

• Love 2

Thanks.  It said to build something beautiful but I didn't catch how much money she left her, if it was in there.

It wasn't in there, she just said the rest.

So have Belle and Sami only communicated via text regarding the money? If so, I smell a setup. I don't know why or what, but it just seems weird, even for something involving Sami.

I figured we get it all in text because it's the only way for the viewers to see/hear Sami's side of the dialog. 

Edited by Artsda

Who ordered an extra large baby for the role of a preemie? I have to laugh each time a character makes a reference to his being small or fragile.

I think new Joey and Ciara are busts for me. They take me right out of a scene. They're just so unnatural.

As usual, I loved Steve and Kayla.

Thanks.  I was wondering as a plot point because Belle again, stupidly, left a message with TMI about not wanting the money in her name.  So I thought "Sami" might move it and we'd have to follow the Dimera money.  Stefano earned this year's salary by the look on his face for Chad's suggestion that we can live like normal people since we're still getting money from a, b, c and d. 

Chelle is something I want to see almost less than Chabby.  He at least looks like he cares about trollop.  Weird that Stef doesn't know it's his grandson.  Not a spoiler, I don't know if that's been confirmed or not in rumours but Stef had the shit on Creepy Clyde (I hope we get a little more info on the crime he's covering for Been) but we do know Creeps made an emergency call and threatened lab tech after he sent the original chorionic villus paternity test to Kayla to presumably have it changed. So a report is still in the intertubes somewhere.

Ugh with trollop doing her ugly face, burning bed charlize theron clips.  But she's actually effective when she tones it down (like Melanie) and is grungy without makeup.  Her scenes with the Been breakdown were pretty good.  We didn't get to see the kiddie rescue but she told the whole lineup of Brady/Kiri men Been told her it was in a motel room and they were already checking them.  I'm sort of shocked to see so many babies get airtime because they're only allowed minutes and the one blinked today under the lights.

I had to laugh at the lineup questioning her over and over about Been being the necktie killer although they'd already closed the file on Aiden.  My favorite part of Abs, besides her brother loving her and calling her Abs, is that nobody trust her.  Nobody tells her what's going on.  And when she gives pertinent information nobody believes her.  She never knew about Gabi's part in the death of her father for what, two years?  I take my comedy where I can. 

Thank you Jenn for toning it down and not going to the "honey are you ok" rant.  Days has directors now. 

• Love 2

Andre bought the debt from the original debt holder, the people Aiden owed money to for his gambling losses.

• Love 1

Andre, with Stefano's approval, bought up Aiden's gambling debts, which we were told were considerable. He was being threatened by what appeared to be some mob henchman because he was behind in his payments. I'm pretty sure that's how the got leverage over him.

Andre bought the debt from the original debt holder, the people Aiden owed money to for his gambling losses.

Thanks so much you two!

• Love 1

I like how they made offscreen Sami the center of this stupid money story. And why is Belle involved in this? Isn't dealing with Shawn and her broken marriage enough? If Andre can hold Belle captive for a few months that would be great. 

• Love 3

Stephano made me laugh when, after Chad explained all about the fire and saving Abigail and the baby and Ben being the killer, his response was something like "What took you so long to get here?" I think BF is great anyway and I love his interactions with Stephano and Andre.

It's jarring how quickly the show has women move on from traumatic experiences and all ready to sex it up. First Hope and now (I assume) Abigail. No surprise there though...

• Love 5

"My son deserves his own name."  So let's name him after two other people.

So is Dr. Malcolm just going to hang out there in that dark warehouse till Hope comes back with the money?  And Hope has been strangled twice now in how many days?

They sure are pushing the "Belle is a lawyer" meme.

Damn, Rafe, just blurt it out like that!

I wonder what Eduardo's background is, that he went to a private school like that.

I loved Stefano's reaction to Chad's "no".

Can't wait to find out why Joey is involved with Ava.

I wish at the end, when Eduardo was listening to music, that it was Eve singing that he was listening to.

If Belle starts using the money to "build something wonderful", won't the DiMeras start figuring out where she got the money?  And do Stefano and Andre really believe Chad is going to be sexing Belle up?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 4

So is Dr. Malcolm just going to hang out there in that dark warehouse till Hope comes back with the money?  And Hope has been strangled twice now in how many days?

If there was ever a time for a flashback, that was it.   It's like Hope has forgotten everything that happened with her and Aidan.

And, seriously, the bank not only agreed to let her withdraw $500,000 in CASH, but one of their employees is going to deliver it to her house!!!!  I hope the poor employee has armed guards accompanying him/her.

• Love 2

I resent what the writers are doing with Sami. First her exit was tainted by having to deal with that stupid trash box Abifail, then she had to cry over that bastard EJ dying. Then she comes back to town because her son has been murdered, has extremely brief interactions with Kate and Lucas, then spends the rest of her meager return talking about fucking EJ. Her total on screen time was probably on an hour, if that. She gets kidnapped by Andre, spends most of her captivity off screen, and then escapes and takes their money entirely off screen. Now she's being used, while off screen, to give Belle and Andre story. This whole thing has been massively disappointing. 

• Love 12

Abby not knowing what to put as date of birth and time was funny, because with the DAYS timeline, the writers probably don't know what to put either.  

OMG--Yes! I thought the same thing.  I would give them (the writers) credit for making fun of themselves in that scene but I don't think they are that savvy to be tongue in cheek.  And then Jennifer just brushed the whole thing off like it's no big deal her grandson won't know if his birth date is Nov. 10th or Nov. 26th. Considering how much time Abs spent texting to Chad during labor, she could try checking her phone for a pretty close approximate time of birth. 

I like how they made offscreen Sami the center of this stupid money story. And why is Belle involved in this? Isn't dealing with Shawn and her broken marriage enough? If Andre can hold Belle captive for a few months that would be great. 

This storyline is bizarre considering that AS was only back for a very short time. I can't recall the last time a plot like this played out with one of the major players off screen. It might have been a really interesting story too if they could have gotten JS back for a few scenes and AS for longer than the 5 or 6 episodes she was in. 

"My son deserves his own name."  So let's name him after two other people.

Abs can't come up with anything original herself.  Poor grandpa Tom is probably rolling over in his grave. Wait till it gets the last name Dimera. 

• Love 5