Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

That was Bo's funeral? Yikes! I thought he would at least get a better send off than Will. That did not happen. His family who lives in town couldn't even attend. I am really trying to love these episodes but I just cannot with this wonky timeline going on. It is driving me crazy. I know Days has always been free with the timeline and what day it is but this is ridiculous.

As everyone has said, Hope got married, strangled, reunited with Bo and he died. Thanksgiving came and went and now the funeral. Is it the day after Thanksgiving? Current time? Who knows and it's giving me a headache.

So I'm assuming Shawn is not a cop in Maine? And they decided to tell Claire post funeral they are splitting up and Shawn D is moving back to Maine alone? That's nice I guess. And I just can't look at Shelle and see them as parents of a teenager.

Have to admit JJ and Gabi are keeping me interested. They are in the awkward beginning stages of liking each other and I think it's cute.

Oh Chad, you IDIOT! Bursting in the door with no help and no weapons? Not even waiting behind the door to assess the situation? Do you not remember being put in a coma due to Ben? You truly are a dumb dumb. You should have waited but no you have to play hero. Good luck with that.

• Love 7

I'm still confused as to why that new house was "renovated" for the anniversary when it hasn't reappeared or been moved into by anyone.

I get that Eric isn't a priest anymore, but they could have brought back the church set for Will and Bo's funerals and allowed Eric to revisit his old priest friend for advice or something.

Of all the months where that church would have been of use...!!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

EJ humped Abifail and messed up his relationship with Sami. Serial Killer "fell in love" with Abifail and became a serial killer. Chad "fell in love" with Abifail and had his head bashed in by Serial Killer and is now about to be held captive. Cameron is the only one who was smart enough to get away from her and come out unscathed. Chad is an idiot. 

This is gold. 

No, I take that back..this is better than gold...its PLATINUM!

I like JJ/Gabi. They have chemistry. I hope it's done properly.

Who am I kidding? TPTB will eff this up, too.

• Love 8

EJ humped Abifail and messed up his relationship with Sami. Serial Killer "fell in love" with Abifail and became a serial killer. Chad "fell in love" with Abifail and had his head bashed in by Serial Killer and is now about to be held captive. Cameron is the only one who was smart enough to get away from her and come out unscathed. Chad is an idiot. 

EJ's the one that willingly cheated on his fiancee, so I would expect HIM to be the one to mess up his relationship and have it scathed. Ben didn't become a serial killer because Abby made him psychotic, he was that before and underlining with his issues. Chad also didn't just fall in love with Abby and then get his head bashed in, they've had 6+ years of history  in-between with a relationship together. 

It's a soap, people get hurt and held captive, and have relationship turmoil.

• Love 3

Ben didn't become a serial killer because Abby made him psychotic, he was that before and underlining with his issues.

I think you are correct that Ben always had a capacity for violence but I do wonder if it would have manifested into full on serial killer if he wasn't so intent on keeping Abby away from Chad.  If Abby hadn't cheated, would Ben have become a killer?  That is a question of the ages.  Perhaps he would have become an abuser and his anger would have morphed into possessive/domestic abuse territory.  

I do know that I am more interested in learning more about Ben and his insanity then I am in Abs' rescuing.  

• Love 6

I think you are correct that Ben always had a capacity for violence but I do wonder if it would have manifested into full on serial killer if he wasn't so intent on keeping Abby away from Chad.  If Abby hadn't cheated, would Ben have become a killer?  

Ben snapped, simple as that.They should have fleshed out his past a bit more, given us more clues that he had a pattern of violence rather than seeing him that way only in the context of Chad.  The affair could have triggered it, or it could have happened later down the line when someone cut him off in traffic. Whatever it is, it wasn't Abigail's fault. (And I don't think you were implying that per se, Kitmerlot, I just had to say it out loud, lol). 

• Love 5

It is his brother's side piece or no one because he is not allowed to know or meet any other woman. 

• Love 4

I do know that I am more interested in learning more about Ben and his insanity then I am in Abs' rescuing.  

It's telling that some people are more interested in learning about Serial Killer's backstory than seeing the golden princess get rescued. 

• Love 10

Ciara is so needy. Another legacy couple kid needing something to do. I dont like teen Ciara. All she does is scream and growl every scene. I miss sassy and spoiled Ciara.

Seth Malcolm has bought a new house in the neighborhood. What was his point in moving to Salem, hmm.

And dumbass Belle on the cell talking to Sami about the money she put away.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

So is Abigail deciding about her next hair appointment or is she going to try and distract Ben.. Make up your mind honey.

Hope is wearing some Dark Angel Jessica Alba get up now. Is Josh turning Hope to one of those heroines in primetime please soap gods this is getting good.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

So I tuned in after an-I-don't-know-how-many-years hiatus for Bo's funeral and seriously, show, that was it?

And why bring him back after all these years only to kill him off and supposedly for good?

Although after watching it, I remembered two things - one, I have always hated Hope (who didn't look like she gave two shits that her "Brady" was dead) and two, I liked RKK soooo much better than PR and RKK with LR's Billie was fabulous. 

I guess I'll stick around for the upcoming holiday episodes (I'm a sucker for that tree and the Horton balls, I mean, ornaments).

• Love 1

Belle is such a snotty annoying bitch. Don't get mad because Shawn doesn't want your cheating ass anymore. I don't understand why she had to be inserted into whatever this is they're doing with Sami off screen. Can she go? 

Chad is stupid. Even stupid EJ would have been smart enough to bring goons with him. Why does Chad think he can go up against a psycho who is bigger than him? Is this what loving that girl does to people? 

• Love 12

Damn Hope has Rafe by the balls already and they not even dating

Oh Belle is going to do Sami’s dirty work. Shes always wanted Sami's weird approval even though Sami tried selling her to the black market.

Chad found a comb to comb his hair before he got to the cabin. Funny. Have to look adorable to save the trash.

• Love 1

I guess I'll stick around for the upcoming holiday episodes (I'm a sucker for that tree and the Horton balls, I mean, ornaments).

I get it.  The only time of the year any Hortons have balls are at Christmas.   And then they're all packed away for another full year.

• Love 4

Wow... Hope is like, crazy, but it's entertaining one. Shes not fucking around with anyone who stands on her way of finding the truth. Josh Griffith is winning me over with this storyline and bringing back Hope to being tough.

I get it. The only time of the year any Hortons have balls are at Christmas. And then they're all packed away for another full year.

LMFAOOO. This was so snarky.

• Love 3

I'm still confused as to why that new house was "renovated" for the anniversary when it hasn't reappeared or been moved into by anyone.

Apparently Julie and Doug have turned it into a B&B, which is where Dr. Malcolm is staying?

Why was Julie so bitchy to Rafe?

So from everything I hear, Sami is on the run with the kids?

Chad's head must be made of cement.

Why did Show show us so many reruns of Jennifer scenes?  Are the writers on strike?

Edited by Rick Kitchen

This whole off-screen Sami plot (now she's off-screen on the run?) is so pointless.  

I have to agree. It has the potential for a good story--Sami and a not really dead EJ finally sticking it to the Dimeras--except most of the key players aren't on the show! WTF!

Now I missed the beginning of today's episode due to a news break about the CA shootings. Can someone fill me in, who was the woman in the park with Belle? And why did Sami leave the money in Belle's account?

I remember Xmas a few years back where Days famously brought back people we hadn't seen in years, like Melissa. 
That's where the money should have gone. 

I thought dumbass Bell just left a stupid, detailed message for Sami and didn't actually talk to her because she said call me back.  And I thought, what, you know she's on the run and you leave so much information on a phone you're not sure she has anymore?  I never really liked Belle. I don't mind MM since she was Belle as long as KS was as far as I knew.  At least they brought back the cheating because that is true to form for her.  The plot is stupid because if Sami has a financial planner it can be put in a trust overseen by a bank and kept hush hush.

I have mixed feelings over Julie installed in a house.  Where did that come from?  I thought it was the renovated house, in fact the entryway looks like it, but I thought that house was going to be the community center that donald trump guy shut down.

I hate the new old guy.  All signs of being forced on us.  Crazy Hope again, sigh. She'd have been put on leave whether she wanted it or not.  I guess Chase is sleeping outside somewhere and foraging for meals.  Ciara doesn't act like the kid we knew.  She seems like a different person :)  Hey wait she is.

Trollop is the cause of Ben being psycho killer.  He says so all the time.  I liked it that he admitted today that Creepy Clyde is in jail trying to protect him.

Cheeses, could Rafe look any more lazy and disinterested?  He never consulted  or got information from Jenn on putting out the APB (after Justin's 'permission' ugh) and is too dainty to drive in the snow? 

I like it a bit that Jenn is remembering things and they're showing how Hope and Rafe shut her down about it.  Her character can still be rehabilitated. 

Not sure how I feel about JJ being part of the SPD.  At first I thought Lani was pretty good but the second I thought she'd shut down JJ about riding along she said well ok people like you.  Huh?  The Lani/Abe story has stalled but I like it that there are so many stories going on now.

• Love 4

I like this version of Shawn better than the other one. I know Belle cheated on him, but this one seems less emasculated. But once the other one returns again, I'm sure Shawn will seem like the biggest chump ever (just like the last time when she cheated on him and his mother knew). 

• Love 2

Why is princess Belle acting so stank about Sami? Weren't they on good terms the last time they were both in town? Of course she talks shit when Sami isn't around to punch her in the throat. And why would Sami ever trust Belle to keep that money when she could give it to Lucas or Kate. Is Andre behind this?

• Love 4

I have to agree. It has the potential for a good story--Sami and a not really dead EJ finally sticking it to the Dimeras--except most of the key players aren't on the show! WTF!

Now I missed the beginning of today's episode due to a news break about the CA shootings. Can someone fill me in, who was the woman in the park with Belle? And why did Sami leave the money in Belle's account?

A cpa who is a friend of Sami.  She told Belle she could transfer the money from Belle's account if that was what Belle wanted but Belle decided to keep it.  So imo she could gripe about it.

• Love 1

Why is princess Belle acting so stank about Sami? Weren't they on good terms the last time they were both in town? Of course she talks shit when Sami isn't around to punch her in the throat. And why would Sami ever trust Belle to keep that money when she could give it to Lucas or Kate. Is Andre behind this?

Not to defend Belle, but I think she's acting anything but stank but in character. Sami did something illegal (once again) and put Belle in a possible dangerous situation w/the Dimeras. And where is Sami at? Nowhere to be found. If this were real life, Id hope Belle went ahead turn Sami into the authorities, sister or no sister. But since this is a soap things have to be complex and driven by character history. Belle has always felt sorry for Sami to some degree and even has made many excuses for Sami's not so stellar behavior and criminal acts, similar to how dear ol mom Marlena does. Sami also had to measure up to two "perfect" sisters: Carrie and Belle most of her life. Once again, Marlena hold these two women to a pedestal and sometimes uses as an example at Sami. The scene today was whether telling Belle can be snarky and have lip with Marlena, I wonder where she got that from, you guessed it Sami. Belle even said last week she feels her problems never measures up to Sami's because Sami is the problem child but Belle was always labeled as the perfect angelic angel (even though after cheating twice that label goes out the window IMO).

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Since this is Belle's second time cheating, I can see why Marlena would be sort of, well, you know, kind of blah about the whole thing (and I don't know what Belle expects Marlena to do about this -- really, what can any mother do except maybe get a sewing machine to thread Belle's pants to her legs so that they can't open) . Although if Belle had cheated with Rafe, I guess Marlena would been all "You go, girl!" Maybe Belle should have referenced Carried instead for special treatment. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Interesting. So I guess the template for Abigail was Belle. Why did Belle always seem so much less annoying than Abigail??l I'm not saying she wasn't annoying at all, but I don't remember feeling quite as put off by her than I have been by Abigail. Good gosh, even the serial killer seems more likable than her.

Of course, if she's cheated this many times, then I really don't know what she expects Marlena to say or do. Only Belle can control her actions when it comes to cheating or not cheating. At least Marlena isn't calling her out the way Oprah would (we all know how Oprah would look at Belle). She should just be happy that her mom doesn't have much of an opinion -- does anyone really want to be shamed by their mom? Is that the reaction Belle is hoping for???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

What put me off between the Belle and the Shawn was the Mimi.  I still remember her dressed up in gold glitter for unknown reasons.  And Belle was always bitchy.  The pages I quit over 20 years of bring back Shawn and Belle....

Sami gave the money to Belle because she's the last person anyone would suspect.  Can she stop shouting about it now?  Yes, I hate it that we have a major plot with absent people and I suspect AS doesn't like it either.  Sheet, she and Kate should have stolen that money over a year ago.  And given Stef a grand sendoff. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

I got to catch up on Bo's funeral today.  Yesterday's episode was pre-empted by the San Bernadino shooting.

I'm in the minority, I think, but I was fine with Bo's funeral being the way it was.  If we hadn't been inundated with funerals and grieving, then maybe I'd have wanted more, wanted more of a ceremony, more mourners.  But after a while you just sort of get numb to that sort of display.  So I was fine with the burial in Pocket Park and the get-together back at the Pub.  That party they had at the Pub - was it only last week or so? - that was the real Bo tribute.  Now it's just wrap up and move on time on Show.

I'm having trouble paying attention to Belle's storyline, if this is what it is.  Sami isn't on site, she's not going to be, so Show has to tell me why I'm supposed to care.  I'm going to miss Shawn when he goes back to Maine.  I like the kid, though, Claire.....and I liked Ciara yesterday, with Chase, a lot.  I think the actress might be better than we originally saw.  She got stuck with a lot of high energy drama right out of the gate.  I think she was fine with Claire and Chase and especially with Shawn.

So  Julie and Doug are running a B&B?  Have they finally been banned from the high seas?  Do the guests realize Doug will be serenading them nightly with his ukele?  How many guests will he drive to suicide?  

Oh, I kid......or do I?........  Julie, though, she'll be a hoot as a hostess.

I don't know how on earth KA is doing it.  She's been working nonstop for the past few months, and in high energy, draining scenes.  And IMO doing a spectacular job.  Her intensity is amazing.  

Kayla - and even more, Steve, just slayed me in their scenes after Bo's funeral.  Those two are Show's saving grace for me right now.  Funny, that, considering I was never - until now - much of a Steve fan.  Or to be more accurate, a Stephen Nicols fan.  I'm a convert, now.  He's been really good, as has MBE.  

Oh yeah, Abby and Bee-Inn.   Babes in Psyco Land.  Chad thinking with his.....well, not his brain.  And Abby, not so smart.  Bee Inn can feed the kid without her.  It's actually done these days.  She's not nearly as special as she thinks she is.  

But basically, whatever.  I'm anxious for it to be over and I hope KM gets a LOT of time off - a whole lot, when it's done.   Too bad about Billy Flynn, though.   I really like the guy but if he's saddled with her from here on out, and if Show continues to try and make them the SOOOPA COUPLE, I'll be FF'ding him along with her.  

But, thankfully,  there's a lot of other good things happening in Salem right now.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

How long has it been since Aiden died? 48 hours at best? They're quick with headstones in Salem, that's for sure. 

They used Daniel Cosgrove's actual date of birth on Aiden's headstone (Dec. 16, 1970).  I guess TIIC felt it wasn't enough to destroy his character and fire him.

The only things I'm liking right now are Steve/Kayla, Joey, and Chase.  I find myself laughing at way more scenes these days, and I'm pretty sure that's not what the writer's intended when they wrote some of this crap.

Edited by lb60
  • Love 3

Considering Sami tried to sell Belle on the black market when she was a baby, I think Belle has a right to be shirty towards Sami.

I mean, sure, Belle would be justified in not liking Sami, I just thought they had buried the hatchet a while ago so her acting like this all of a sudden seems out of nowhere. She doesn't even seem to have much compassion for her because her son was murdered.

Not to defend Belle, but I think she's acting anything but stank but in character. Sami did something illegal (once again) and put Belle in a possible dangerous situation w/the Dimeras. And where is Sami at? Nowhere to be found. If this were real life, Id hope Belle went ahead turn Sami into the authorities, sister or no sister. 

Didn't EJ have legal access to those accounts? Wouldn't he be allowed to transfer the money to anyone he wanted? Plus, I would assume he would have some of his own money which would go to Sami after he died. 

• Love 4

So Sami took the innocent kids with her on the run out of the country, not caring about what that does to them or uprooting them to have them live on the run and Lucas still has no story? They need Lucas in this story to go get his child and bring her home with him. He should be pissed and demanding his child. Belle has every right to not be team Sami right now either, she pointed out why exactly.  Sami put her in the position to be killed, in the line of fire by the Dimeras, be disbarred and of course Sami doesn't care. Isn't also illegal for the CPA to be hiding stolen money? 

The Martin House being a B&B/location for cast to interact was a great idea. Especially when people use the Salem Inn as an apartment for long term residence.

Chad should have brain damage by now.

Now a month later JJ and Jennifer care to worry about Abby? Julie also has an awful radar, she adored Aiden and now Ben too. lol

They used Daniel Cosgrove's actual date of birth on Aiden's headstone (Dec. 16, 1970).  I guess TIIC felt it wasn't enough to destroy his character and fire him.

My tv was too far away to read the inscription, so I missed that.  What was the date of death?  Nov 8, 2015 ?

So Sami took the innocent kids with her on the run out of the country, not caring about what that does to them or uprooting them to have them live on the run and Lucas still has no story? They need Lucas in this story to go get his child and bring her home with him. He should be pissed and demanding his child. Belle has every right to not be team Sami right now either, she pointed out why exactly.  Sami put her in the position to be killed, in the line of fire by the Dimeras, be disbarred and of course Sami doesn't care. Isn't also illegal for the CPA to be hiding stolen money?

Didn't she mentioned something about having the kids in counseling? I hope she decided to take the therapist along as well. SMH.

Belle should know by now all Sami's schemes end up blowing up in her face. She was stupid to go along with it in the first place.

If I was Lucas, I would demand that nutcase to dropped my daughter off at the nearest safe place where he can get her and she can battle it out with the DiMeras as long as her heart content.

ETA: I think the CPA is shady.

Considering Sami tried to sell Belle on the black market when she was a baby, I think Belle has a right to be shirty towards Sami.

Oh, please. That's all John and Marlena's fault. Every rotten thing she does is John and Marlena's fault! LOL!

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 1

The only things I'm liking right now are Steve/Kayla, Joey, and Chase. I find myself laughing at way more scenes these days, and I'm pretty sure that's not what the writer's intended when they wrote some of this crap.

No Theo love? I think his scenes with Joey are pure gold, and I have a feeling that whenever his "Get my parents back together" scheme hits the fan, and you know its going to hit the fan, Joey's going to need Theo to be his source of comfort.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

No Theo love? I think his scenes with Joey are pure gold, and I have a feeling that whenever his "Get my parents back together" scheme hits the fan, and you know its going to hit the fan, Joey's going to need Theo to be his source of comfort.

I love everything that has to do with Steve and Kayla...I love their kids and there is something so magical about their interactions onscreen....Their love story cemented my love for the show....Stephen Nichols was only supposed to be in five episodes as a short-term villain and the producers noticed the chemistry between him and Mary Beth and the rest is history..

Steve/Kayla, Kim/Shane and Jack/Jennifer, were three couples that kept me captivated and I loved them for their uniqueness and complexity....I never got the payoff that we were promised by previous writing regimes, who knew how to write them very well....Unfortunately, hack writers under the tutelage of Ken Corday, made mince meat out of them...They neither had the talent nor the imagination to do them justice....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

My entire family came down with some sort of Black Plague-ish illness this week and I binge watched this week's shows this morning, so I might have misheard this, but Belle's an attorney? She said something about being disbarred?
I'm not sure if this is her reasoning, or if it's even rational for a grown ass woman to behave this way, but if her bitchiness about Sami is because she's tired of Sami's epic screw ups draining all of her family's emotional resources, I get it.

And how much do I love Kayla for laughing at Black Patch? More than I could ever say.

• Love 2

I think the actress playing Ciara is doing a good job.  I'm liking her quiet moments with Caroline and Chase and her scenes with Hope have been fraught with emotion--KA continues to be impressive with her intensity.  I really don't think the actor playing Rafe is going to be able to keep up.

I don't know what to think about the Thrady--I like the passion between them and how he's standing up for her and their son and I'm really enjoying his encouraging her work at Basic Black.  Theresa has genuinely changed and they seem really happy together, so what am I supposed to think about Victor's warning?  Did I miss Theresa's doing something nefarious?

And while I feel bad that an innocent baby's going to suffer, I am absolutely loving that Abby gets to see first hand how her selfish actions have hurt someone else.  She got to walk away from the pain she cause Austin and Carrie and Sami and EJ but not with Ben.  She gets to see how deeply she hurt him by having an affair with Chad and then lying to him about it and I love that she's miserable and that things aren't going her way.  I don't know how much longer will get this but I like that Ben is so disgusted by her and she gets to see his contempt--WOO HOO!!

• Love 6

Not living at the mansion or working at Titan really doesn't sound all that terrible to me. Living in a mansion has its perks but the K mansion looks outdated and plus you have to deal with Victor on a daily basis. Not worth it. I'm sure that townhouse is still better than most people's homes. As far as being unemployed, I would think being CEO of Titan for so many years would make it easy for him to get a high level position at a different company. Or he could just start his own. Either way, being out from under Victor's control and not having to listen to his hateful ass everyday should make all of this worth it. 

Too bad Chad has to suffer right along with that girl. If only he had wised up and left her alone and moved on with someone better. 

• Love 5

I liked Ciara today and felt for her having to be the one parenting herself or worrying about her mother when it should be the other way around. I hope they make her more badass bitchy and have her rebel in her grief and basically abandonment of Hope.

I guess they had Steve be out of character and say no to helping Hope because they needed to put Rafe in this storyline? Shouldn't Rafe be caring that a serial killer is out there with a newborn baby and wanting to go after Chad? Instead it's Lani and JJ? Rafe and the cops were so adamant   about this killer when it was Chad, now that it's not they don't seem to care at all. Ben would probably be out of jail in weeks like Gabi.

Ben was great with his craziness over finding the lighter fluid and saying "bye mama". I liked he pointed out he has history disappearing and basically starting over.  

After how bitter and angry Victor has been I'm glad Brady's walking out. Victor deserves to be alone and miserable in the house, Maggie I don't even know how she went from kind Micky to that. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Ok found a link.

Caroline seeing Victor is having a Fred Sanford moment on the couch.

WHAT! Theresa is finally asking Brady to come back to Basic Black and this fool turns it down.

I hate Brady.

Rafe trying to push up on Hope. I see what you doing Rafe.

Brady just get the hell off my screen. Youre character is pointless.

Hope is not hearing Rafe... Rafe is now snitching..

Phillip is getting the phone call. Hes about to be the heir. I look forward to seeing how Victor uses this to pit these two against each other.

Abigail stop talking! Im sick of your bs.

Set this fire Ben. Burn baby burn.

Pretty good episode today. Moved really fast and kept entertained.