Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hee. That won't be allowed under this writing regime. But HEE, anyway.

Plus  it is obvious that the show is going to go with a Ciara/Chase/Claire triangle..When it should be Ciara/Chase/Allie triangle..It would be cool if Allie took after her Grandmother Marlena and her Aunt Carrie as a typical heroine than her mom Sami..It would have been a hoot to see Sami encouraging her daughter to fight dirty for Chase, while Allie resists the idea of being like her mother....Not wanting to be like her...If I was writing the show, and if the show lasts for a couple of years, I would make Arianna a vixen like her Grandmother Sami..The show hinted that  idea via Lucas and Sonny......It would have  been a hoot  and cathartic to see Will reliving his tumultuous childhood with his mother via his own daughter and her shenanigans...lol...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Sniffle. Man, it was pretty good today. I love actually feeling something besides disdain when I watch a soap.

I am a Bope fan. I have been since before elementary school. I have vague memories of her 18th birthday and other things, but the motorcycle, the church, and Howie in the veil are etched forever in my mind. Bo was my first soap hero. He was young and beautiful.....and, ok, hairy. His "dying" is sad for me in a way that I know has to do with Bope being a large part of my tv childhood.

* I use quotations when referring to death and/or dying when it has to do with Days, as they aren't exactly known to be permanent.

• Love 7

Is there a reason (other than being spoiled) that Brady can't move his grown ass out of granddaddy's mansion too in order to live with his son and the woman he's considering a relationship with?  Surely he makes enough money or has a big enough trust fund to buy a home somewhere in Salem instead of setting Theresa up in a place of her own like she's his mistress that he has to sneak around behind Victor's back to bed when he feels the urge. 

• Love 13

Long time lurker, first time poster.  

Kate Mansi, please watch Mary Beth Evans when she's in a scene where she has to cry. OMG, the tears are flowing from her and from me. Seeing Bo and Kayla's friendship and well as sibling-ship (OK, I just made up a word I know) is so strong and seems so real. Peter Reckell and Stephen Nichols also hit it out of the park. So many years ago "Patch" came on to seek revenge on Bo, a former friend, and over the years they became brothers-in-law and friends again.  Seeing how concerned Steve is for his long-term friend just got to me. 

I have to add, my dad died 4 years ago from the same type of brain tumor, so this story is hitting a little too close to home.  So many people are saying that Bo should have surgery and/or chemo.  We originally thought my dad had a stroke and it was a few months later the doctors realized it was a brain tumor (too much bleeding at the original time). The doctors said he could go through treatment, but it would only prolong his life, not add to the quality of his life. So the decision was made not to go through treatment.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 16

If PR came back as Bo simply to die, I'm surprisingly okay with that. I can hand wave lots of things about a character when an actor leaves a show, or if there are budget restrictions. I get it that a character not being present is often due to external things like that. But, with Bo? I just can't rationalize that he'd leave Hope, his kids, and Caroline. I know he's been replaced before, but PR is Bo to me, At the end of the day, a dead Bo, one who Salem-and the viewers-can say goodbye to, is better than an out of character, deadbeat Bo.

• Love 7

If PR came back as Bo simply to die, I'm surprisingly okay with that. I can hand wave lots of things about a character when an actor leaves a show, or if there are budget restrictions. I get it that a character not being present is often due to external things like that. But, with Bo? I just can't rationalize that he'd leave Hope, his kids, and Caroline. I know he's been replaced before, but PR is Bo to me, At the end of the day, a dead Bo, one who Salem-and the viewers-can say goodbye to, is better than an out of character, deadbeat Bo.

Preach.

Still holding hoping for the almighty plot twist that Ava was behind keeping Bo hostage and tortured as a means of leverage because Patch chose Kayla. Then Hope can go upside Ava's head with a shovel handle like Michael Jr did to Claudia on GH

• Love 3

Bo and Kayla though

I wish I could like this one million times. I will be rewatching those scenes and Bo's scenes with Steve for days and crying right along with them. Now that was acting.

I got a bit weepy during the Kayla/Bo scenes. 

And I still see no chemistry between Brady and Theresa.

I wept as well. In total agreement with your assessment on Theresa and Brady's chemistry. I feel like they are being thrown together to set up for them being backburnered.

Im not trying to stereotype, but Chase looks like he could like boys

Yes. The actor playing Chase definitely pings.

I'm over Victor.

I've been over him for years. Love John Aniston, but I just can't with Victor.

Kate Mansi, please watch Mary Beth Evans when she's in a scene where she has to cry. OMG, the tears are flowing from her and from me. Seeing Bo and Kayla's friendship and well as sibling-ship (OK, I just made up a word I know) is so strong and seems so real. Peter Reckell and Stephen Nichols also hit it out of the park. So many years ago "Patch" came on to see revenge on Bo, a former friend, and over the years they became brothers-in-law and friends again.  Seeing how concerned Steve is for his long-term friend just got to me. 

I have to add, my dad died 4 years ago from the same type of brain tumor, so this story is hitting a little too close to home.  So many people are saying that he should have surgery and/or chemo.  We originally thought my dad had a stroke and it was a few months later the doctors realized it was a brain tumor (too much bleeding at the original time). The doctors said he could go through treatment, but it would only prolong his life, not add to the quality of his life. So the decision was made not to go through treatment.

So much YES! To the part about MBE, PR and SN

So sorry about your Dad. Hopefully you will be able to watch the remaining Bo scenes without too much heartache.

Preach.

Still holding hoping for the almighty plot twist that Ava was behind keeping Bo hostage and tortured as a means of leverage because Patch chose Kayla. Then Hope can go upside Ava's head with a shovel handle like Michael Jr did to Claudia on GH

I say sideline Steve when the ish really hits the fan. I want Kayla and Hope to open up a can of whup ass on her that is so fierce little Miss Ava will never dare show her face in Salem again. Think about the possibilities Kayla being a doctor and Hope being a cop could play in the Ava take down. Hell, get Caroline, fresh off the loss of one child and fiercely protecting another child and maybe throw in Stephanie who is still nursing a grudge from being kidnapped by this sociopath and you've got Must See TV in the making.

• Love 9

Is Bo's story line similar to how they had Lexie die?  I was half watching back then, but it was the first thing that came to mind when they revealed Bo's condition.

I don't dislike the new Ciara, mainly because she looks like she could be the daughter of Bo and Hope.  Her face reminds me a lot of a younger Hope/KA with a little Bo/PR thrown in.  I think she is just a little rusty and stiff right now and I hope she works it out with time and works as the new Ciara.  

I also think the casting of the actor playing Joey is a good combination of a Steve/Kayla child.  He looks like Kayla/MBE mostly with a little Steve/SN thrown in.  I love when they cast actors who look like they could be related.  GH was good at this years ago with Jonathan Jackson playing Genie Francis son Lucky Spencer, and with the Quartermaine brothers.

Good acting on today's show

• Love 4

I also think the casting of the actor playing Joey is a good combination of a Steve/Kayla child. He looks like Kayla/MBE mostly with a little Steve/SN thrown in.

Joey and even Chase, I wouldn't recast. The guy who plays Joey has a lot of potential and has been given the gift to act with power house names like Mary Beth, Stephen and later Tamara. Chase seems like a good steal in casting too.

• Love 2

I only saw Bo's park freakout today...and that was enough for me.

This is depressing as hell, and I don't need it. Life is hard enough.

I am out.

See y'all later I guess. Probably when things pick up with Stefano or Kate. Probably in the New Year.

• Love 4

Well, it's been the same day for the past 2 weeks so...

Maybe...but it seems that he's looked that way ever since he returned home The jacket especially seems to be the same one since the 80's. They should freshen up his look just a little.

• Love 2

What happened to the soap I once watched? What happened to the love, the hi jinx, the laughter caused by characters like Calliope and Eugene? I wonder what the show will look like on the other side, after all these deaths and families torn apart by sorrow. Will it be worth it?

• Love 4

Earlier this year, someone put up a link to Vivian Jovanni's audition as Ciara, and I have to say she seems better on the show than she did there. 

I was a wee tot in the 80's, so I wasn't around for the Steve/Kayla stuff. But I just have to say, I really, really don't get it. From what I understand, Steve is supposed to be a sexy bad boy, but this guy just seems to be a middle aged man desperately clinging to his youth. Even John Black has updated his look.

• Love 5
Kayla, don't give out patient information to third parties.

I would have called BS if she had done so. It was refreshing--and more realistic--that she would immediately share with Steve. 

Not sure about Ciara and Chase yet. I feel like TPTB must have taken casting Ciara very seriously. I think she could grow on me, but damn she had big shoes to fill! I thought Theo would form the love triangle. 

• Love 2

I don't mind her acting as much as a lot of you, but I have to say, Ciara is making me crazy with all the pressure she is putting on Hope. Hope was just almost murdered by her new husband last night for crying out loud! Ciara (very selfishly and horribly) puts her foot down about going to stay with Jenn. I mean, Hope is so shattered that she can barely make a decision, but one thing she did decide was that it would be best for her to separate herself from the scene of such horror. Nope! Ciara thinks this is her home and she wants to stay there, what Hope wants or needs be damned. And don't even get me started on her pressuring Hope about Bo. Why are you laying on the couch, Mom? Put some make up on, Mom. Get married again, Mom. Mom! Why aren't you acting normal and happy, Mom! SHUT UP, CIARA!!!!!! It's not all about you and your wants and needs you freak.

• Love 15

I don't mind her acting as much as a lot of you, but I have to say, Ciara is making me crazy with all the pressure she is putting on Hope. Hope was just almost murdered by her new husband last night for crying out loud! Ciara (very selfishly and horribly) puts her foot down about going to stay with Jenn. I mean, Hope is so shattered that she can barely make a decision, but one thing she did decide was that it would be best for her to separate herself from the scene of such horror. Nope! Ciara thinks this is her home and she wants to stay there, what Hope wants or needs be damned. And don't even get me started on her pressuring Hope about Bo. Why are you laying on the couch, Mom? Put some make up on, Mom. Get married again, Mom. Mom! Why aren't you acting normal and happy, Mom! SHUT UP, CIARA!!!!!! It's not all about you and your wants and needs you freak.

Hope should have told Ciara to shut her stupid ass up four episodes ago.

• Love 5

Is Bo's story line similar to how they had Lexie die?  I was half watching back then, but it was the first thing that came to mind when they revealed Bo's condition.

It reminded me of Lexie too. Is there a new exit clause in the Days actor contracts--Check box D4/brain tumor if you wish to retire from daytime and desire your character to be permanently killed off, no recasting option???

I was a wee tot in the 80's, so I wasn't around for the Steve/Kayla stuff. But I just have to say, I really, really don't get it. From what I understand, Steve is supposed to be a sexy bad boy, but this guy just seems to be a middle aged man desperately clinging to his youth. Even John Black has updated his look.

Try checking out some of their YouTube videos from 86-87 era. It's where all the magic started. 

And next her marble mouth will suggest they go shoplifting together...for a non-bloody wedding dress no doubt ;-)

Well, Ciara was always a brat. The previous child actress made that brattiness work. 

I think the key there is in your last sentence. A good actor/actress can pull off things a bad one or mediocre one can't. In this case the NuCiara is not a good actress. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5

More heartbreaking scenes yesterday. I don't blame you, DisneyBoy, for taking a break. Bo and Kayla, Patch and Bo -- ack, each combo hit me right between the eyes. I love seeing men let their feelings show like Patch did with his weeping.

Hope was so realistic when Ciara was trying to jolly her into getting dressed up and finding Bo -- you could tell she was trying to smile but her face just didn't cooperate. I remember that as a kind of phenomena attached to heavy grief -- when my folks passed away, especially my mother (she died first, 11 months before my dad), I would have to phsycially arrange my face for a smile or greeting. Then I rememember vividly the day that I laughed out loud -- honestly and with gusto. I knew then I'd be okay. 

I hope the Abby kidnapping ends soon. Her discomfort became my own a few episodes ago. Plus, I cannot wait to have it all catch up with Ben. 

I dread the return of Ava Vitale. 

I think Steve probably has many identical black leather jackets and pairs of black jeans hanging in his closet. Because he's just that hardcore. Er, yo.

I know I do, lol  :)

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't get the impression that Steve is trying to be the sexy bad boy either. He's just being Steve. Even in the last run back in '06-'07 they brought back his old Bluesmobile which was a car from the 50s. That thing hardly screamed "chick magnet" so I didn't expect his clothes to go through a makeover either. I think this is more a case of Steve just not GAF about current trends, which frankly fits his character.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 6

I don't think Stefano believed Andre for a second. As for Marlena saying Stefano can't hurt Sami because of the children? Meh, if Sami's going after the Dimeras and don't care about what hurting them does to her children then it's fair game for them to go after her. 

They're not even waiting for Bo to die before pushing this Rafe and Hope relationship. When in fact just yesterday she was married to Aiden!

John said he quit the ISA? Liar liar, you got fired.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

For a Tuesday episode, this one was far better than most other days of the week lately. 

The Sami/Andre/Marlena/Stefano scenes/storyline at least had a degree of intrigue to it. The dynamics surrounding it all intriguing. It's about the only thing I"m interested in seeing play out. Too bad it doesn't get more screen time. 

Steve and John going into business together makes sense. Once again though, clearly Steve is the smarter dude having come up to a solution for John's recent unemployment as well as employment issues w/his marriage to Marlena. 

I think it's pretty clear that Bo is going to want Rafe to look after Hope. I'm down with that. I honestly think Rafe and Hope make an attractive couple and it's nice that Bo gives his blessing, seeing Rafe as a trustworthy guy for Hope to lean on.  We need some good feelings on this depressing show.

No Abigail today--always a plus! 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

I think it's pretty clear that Bo is going to want Rafe to look after Hope. I'm down with that. I honestly think Rafe and Hope make an attractive couple and it's nice that Bo gives his blessing, seeing Rafe as a trustworthy guy for Hope to lean on. 

I don't mind this either, but does anyone remember what Bo and Rafe's relationship was like before Bo left a few years ago? I have a feeling there was some kind of alpha dog stuff going on, but I could be way wrong about that. 

• Love 2

I don't mind this either, but does anyone remember what Bo and Rafe's relationship was like before Bo left a few years ago? I have a feeling there was some kind of alpha dog stuff going on, but I could be way wrong about that.

They had a good relationship before he left. Rafe worked at the station with Bo/Hope and John was ISA when they tried taking down Stefano in 2012. They never had a bad relationship.

https://youtu.be/hTSzaM4UP9Y

https://youtu.be/Rx7j1DHKGOM

• Love 2

It is just too soon for that..Dena is going to shove Rafe down our throats whether we like it or not...This is Taniel part 2..It is sacrilegious to me that Bryan Dattilo is not on contract and this mediocre actor is...Lucas is a legacy character. He has disappeared since Will died..he should be spending time with his granddaughter, who is probably confused that both of her daddies have disappeared on her and he mother is now back in her life...

• Love 3

Ciara's a brat the way that Starr Manning was a brat on OLTL. And Starr definitely favored her father because he was a) usually gone and b) not too interested in maintaining a steady homelife for the kids. Blair failed at that but she at least made the effort and she worked her ass off to give her daughter (and later her sons) security. By the time Starr had aged up to Ciara's age on the show, she had come to realize just how much her mother actually did for her so even if they fought or disagreed or whatever... if someone had tried to murder Blair, Starr would have been a sentinel. She would have been protecting her mother, she would have hired armed guards and wouldn't let anyone near her... even her beloved father.

So Ciara's behavior is really only partially understandable to me. She shouldn't be shoving her mother at Bo. I get it but I also don't get it... because Hope's trauma is not hidden. It's as bright as a supernova. Woman is fucked right up and shoving her at anyone, even Bo, isn't an immediate fix. I do think that it's likely to be written that Bo and Hope coming together again is a necessary step for both of them to heal. That's fine. The romantic in me gets it even as Bo's been given a death sentence. And I also have to say that I appreciate the acknowledgement that Bo has been put through the wringer and then some... his entire body and immune system is wrecked.

In regards to that.. Kayla and Bo really tore at my heart strings. And Steve and Bo, too. I will admit that Bo raging in the park alone was good up until the end when it got a little bit scenery chewy and I kind of laughed... but still. The circumstances are harsh enough... that they're giving Bo the scenes with the people he knows and that gives added weight to the situation.

I don't have the history with the show or these characters but I've known of Bo & Hope for decades. The whole situation is sad. Todd and Blair are still alive out there somewhere even though their show ended. Neither one were dead at the end so I can carry on their story in my head if I want... but, at the same time, they killed off Gabrielle well before the end of the show and as far as I'm concerned it was faked and she ended up with Max anyway. You can't turn off a fan's happy ending if they're determined to give it to themselves.

But this is still sad.

• Love 7

It is just too soon for that..Dena is going to shove Rafe down our throats whether we like it or not...This is Taniel part 2..It is sacrilegious to me that Bryan Dattilo is not on contract and this mediocre actor is...Lucas is a legacy character. He has disappeared since Will died..he should be spending time with his granddaughter, who is probably confused that both of her daddies have disappeared on her and he mother is now back in her life...

He was at Hope's wedding which is just the night before in DAYS time. Ari has her mom, grandparents, uncle and family. Lucas should be going to LA to get Allie, since her mother has abandoned her. Allie probably still doesn't know Will is dead.

• Love 4

Im watching the chemistry test between Hope and Rafe and I still dont see it... yet. If Dena Higley is smart she'll build them up slowly and not rush it. Kristian Alfonso always has great chemistry with every man shes been paired on this show. Remember the guy who played Patrick Lockhart, they were soooo hot.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

He was at Hope's wedding which is just the night before in DAYS time. Ari has her mom, grandparents, uncle and family. Lucas should be going to LA to get Allie, since her mother has abandoned her. Allie probably still doesn't know Will is dead.

Lucas represents Will. She needs him too..Ari must be confused with both of her daddies gone...One died and the other one abandoned her when she needs him the most...

• Love 1

Hope and Sami aren't related by blood, right?

I can see chemistry between Hope and Rafe, and I think he's less annoying with her for some reason (I can't put my finger on why since the smug is always there anyway), but Hope never seemed like the type to go with her niece's ex-husband (I like that about her and Kayla). That's the only part of their pairing I might find jarring, although I can forget that Sami and Rafe ever existed as a couple. 

Edited by bantering

Hope and Sami aren't related by blood, right?

I can see chemistry between Hope and Rafe, and I think he's less annoying with her for some reason (I can't put my finger on why since the smug is always there anyway), but Hope never seemed like the type to go with her niece's ex-husband (I like that about her and Kayla). That's the only part of their pairing I might find jarring, although I can forget that Sami and Rafe ever existed as a couple. 

Hope is her aunt by marriage....