Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The murder itself, seeing it from Will's POV and knowing that it'll ultimately be used to prop Chabby are equally disgusting to me. They could've recast Will, sent him away or put him in a coma instead of killing him. Will's death should backfire on TPTB way sooner than later.

I can't wait for Trollop to make Will's murder all about herself. She'll probably have grief sex with Serial Killer to make herself feel better. I'm sure most of the Hortons will rush to comfort Trollop and forget all about Lucas, Sami, Kate, etc. Then when Serial Killer is exposed she'll have sex with Chad to make herself feel better. 

• Love 9

Why is dumbass Ben discarding evidence in his own house? Why didn't he burn that tie somewhere or throw it away in places where Chad frequents like TBD, Dimera Enterprises, it doesn't exactly have to be Chad's house but also in a place where there are no cameras. So DE would be off limits. Don't know if TBD have cameras or not.

You're right LeftPhalange, Will's death, Chad being framed, and Ben being a killer will be all about Twit and everyone will feel sorry for her except for Sami. Oh wait, these writers will probably let Twit cry on Sami's shoulders. I can see it now.

Sami: What are you doing here?

Abby: I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about Will.

Sami: Mmmm hmmmm

Abby: I shouldn't have let him stayed at my house. It was all my fault, so don't blame Ben, blame me. Ben should have killed me instead. Oh Sami I'm so sorry.

Twit goes to hug her and Sami stops her dead in her tracks.

Sami: You know Abby, everytime someone I love gets in your orbit, they get hurt. You're the walking kiss of death. After you sunk your claws into EJ he was killed, my mother was almost strangled to death by your boyfriend and now my son is dead because of your boyfriend. It always comes back to you. So take your apology and shove it up your sad, needy, pathetic, needs an airbag in her headboard ass and get out of my face.

Thanks buffynut for the story on what Aiden is doing and all I can do with that is SMDH. He had promise.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 11

If they insisted on killing off Will (or any other core characters) I don't think now was the time to do it. The show isn't in great shape, creatively or ratings wise and I'm sure there are plenty of people who were only sticking around to see one or two characters. It'll be interesting to see what the ratings look like once the killings are over.

This is my concern.

• Love 4

when he goes to deliver, loan shark's goon tells him debt has already been paid.

I thought he must have been the most ethical goon in history.  Refusing a check for $100,000 that the victim was just waving in his face?

I guess Austin and Carrie won't be coming to Will's funeral ...

• Love 1

Austin and Carrie might be back for Will's funeral. There was a rumor about 2 vets that were taping. Plus Christie Clark's mother made a cryptic remark about Days on Facebook...One of  the actors that played Austin made a cryptic remark on tweeter about the show. I hope Billie  is back as well. It would make it come full circle with Will.. I doubt the show even remember that Austin named Will after Billie...Perhaps Billie can convince Hope that Bo would never abandon his family and that includes Chelsea..She can also be there for Lucas, Sami and Kate..She was always pro Lumi and I loved her bond with Lucas...Billie was always good with all of her brothers...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
Thanks buffynut for the story on what Aiden is doing and all I can do with that is SMDH. He had promise.

Glad to help.  Also good to see you back.  It's not perfect, but things are a lot better on the show now than when you left.

I thought he must have been the most ethical goon in history.  Refusing a check for $100,000 that the victim was just waving in his face?

Yeah, good point. LOL.

I hadn't thought about killing Will as being homophobic, but apparently others have. Vulture article, sorry don't know how to link

Here you go:  http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/days-of-our-lives-killed-its-gay-legacy.html

• Love 3

I'm not ready to say there were sinister reasons for killing off Will but I guess I can see why some people may believe that. I'm willing to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt and say they're just lazy and aren't very creative. The previous writers completely trashed the character and many people didn't like Guy Wilson so I think that made Will an easy target. These writers seem to be incredibly lazy and shortsighted. I guess rebooting the character or recasting was too much work for them but I'm actually surprised they didn't just put him in a coma or give him a rushed happy ending with Sonny. Those would have been easy ways to get the character off the canvas if that's what they wanted and would have allowed him to easily come back in the future. Clearly no one thought this through and now they're dealing with accusations of being homophobic, which they brought entirely on themselves. 

The part that bothers me the most about this is that Will's exit was lame as hell and seems like it was planned and written in 20 minutes. He's been mostly off screen for two months and then they bring him back for a few episodes just to be killed off. Where was the build up? Where were the scenes of him with his family, scenes of him being hopeful for the future and maybe of a reconciliation with Sonny? That would have made his death tragic and shocking. Instead, they treated it like some day player was being killed off. Then there's the fact that Sami and Sonny are only here for a short period and Lucas probably won't get the screen time that he deserves. So what I'm left with is the feeling that the murder of a legacy character will be reduced to giving Abifail another reason to act like a persecuted victim.

• Love 15

Plus, they should have had Will investigate the murders with Ben fearing that Will was getting too close to the truth...Will was a blitz attack, Ben did it to save his skin..If Ben is indeed a serial killer, he has done this before..Serial killers usually have a type of person that they target for death...Will does not fit at all with Serena and Paige...Ben is obviously a sexual sadist..

When the truth comes out, the writers need to reboot the character of Abigail. She needs some serious therapy. The writers should bring up her Grandfather Harper Devereaux being a serial killer. It would give the storyline more depth. The  truth about Harper nearly destroyed Jack and Jennifer was there to help Jack come to terms with that...Steve needs to be in this story as well...

I don't think that the show is expecting people to view Will's murder as being homophobic.  I do think there is a form of subtle, unconscious homophobia at play.  I think Will's vulnerability was seen as weak, being too sensitive, maybe even being effeminate. Even some gay fans mock him for not being masculine enough. If anything, both Guy and Chandler played Will as vulnerable maybe too well. Plus the vitriol against Will made it easier for the show to mark Will for death...The show has said that Will was beyond redemption, but yet you have a show populated by gangsters, murderers, rapists, kidnappers, extortionists, e.t.c. If the show wanted to redeem Will for his mild schemes, they could have done it..They chose not to....Now they have to deal with the fallout..Some may argue, just because Will is Gay does not make him immune to death..No, it does not. However, when you see somebody who looks like you or is like you on a TV show, it makes you feel validated as a human being. It has impact...

I had high hopes for the new writers  because we were fed up with TomSell stories. But from the beginning we saw them follow the majority of the cast including Billy Flynn on twitter, while not following Freddie, Guy or Christopher. That was the first sign. Then we heard Freddie left and after that Guy and Chris were not seen on set much. That combined with all the vets returning was bad news for the gay storyline. Guy sent a couple of positive tweets (not blaming him, I think it's very mature of him to support the show after what they did to him), It feels like we were played by the show, the new writers and the soap press, honestly. They hid the truth as long as possible so fans didn't have the chance to do anything. They really screwed over the PilSon fanbase.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Plus, they should have had Will investigate the murders with Ben fearing that Will was getting too close to the truth...Will was a blitz attack, Ben did it to save his skin..If Ben is indeed a serial killer, he has done this before..Serial killers usually have a type of person that they target for death...Will does not fit at all with Serena and Paige...Ben is obviously a sexual sadist..

When the truth comes out, the writers need to reboot the character of Abigail. She needs some serious therapy. The writers should bring up her Grandfather Harper Devereaux being a serial killer. It would give the storyline more depth. The  truth about Harper nearly destroyed Jack and Jennifer was there to help Jack come to terms with that...Steve needs to be in this story as well...

I don't think that the show is expecting people to view Will's murder as being homophobic.  I do think there is a form of subtle, unconscious homophobia at play.  I think Will's vulnerability was seen as weak, being too sensitive, maybe even being effeminate. Even some gay fans mock him for not being masculine enough. If anything, both Guy and Chandler played Will as vulnerable maybe too well. Plus the vitriol against Will made it easier for the show to mark Will for death...The show has said that Will was beyond redemption, but yet you have a show populated by gangsters, murderers, rapists, kidnappers, extortionists, e.t.c. If the show wanted to redeem Will for his mild schemes, they could have done it..They chose not to....Now they have to deal with the fallout..Some may argue, just because Will is Gay does not make him immune to death..No, it does not. However, when you see somebody who looks like you or is like you on a TV show, it makes you feel validated as a human being. It has impact...

I had high hopes for the new writers  because we were fed up with TomSell stories. But from the beginning we saw them follow the majority of the cast including Billy Flynn on twitter, while not following Freddie, Guy or Christopher. That was the first sign. Then we heard Freddie left and after that Guy and Chris were not seen on set much. That combined with all the vets returning was bad news for the gay storyline. Guy sent a couple of positive tweets (not blaming him, I think it's very mature of him to support the show after what they did to him), It feels like we were played by the show, the new writers and the soap press, honestly. They hid the truth as long as possible so fans didn't have the chance to do anything. They really screwed over the PilSon fanbase.

^^^^^^This! I'm not sure of what the motivation for killing Will truly was but I cannot help thinking about what could have been. Will was not beyond the point of redemption, and IMO could have been redeemed. In terms of his death, I am right there with you Apprentice79. That death, would have been more fitting.

• Love 2

I look at it the same way as the murder of Frankie Frame on Another World - a huge mistake. GW may not be working as Will (my personal opinion, he just never quite clicked in the role for me) but getting rid of the character and not the actor is not the best way to handle it.

By the way, I know that Will's death scene was hard to watch but compared to Frankie's, especially considering the Frankie death was broadcast almost 20 years ago in 1996...

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 2

That's horseshit that Will isn't redeemable. All they had to do was make Will more sympathetic and not scheme so much. Oh what a task in writing, it puts a strain on the writer's brain to make that type of character redeemable. You know we can redeem women beaters, druggies, rapists, alcoholics, murderers but a scheming unsympathetic person, that's where they draw the line. They just don't know how to do that. Weak.

They could have at least had Will put up more of a fight, grab some of Ben's skin under his nails, not talk and ask Ben why while he's being strangled to death. WTF?? Most people when they're getting strangled don't ask questions, they muster up all their strength to fight back and save themselves from dying.  

• Love 5

Guy Wilson said in his interview that he disliked the writing for Will, just as much as we did...The writers lost focus after Sami left and decided to make Will just like his mother and that backfired on the character....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I'm not ready to say there were sinister reasons for killing off Will but I guess I can see why some people may believe that. I'm willing to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt and say they're just lazy and aren't very creative. The previous writers completely trashed the character and many people didn't like Guy Wilson so I think that made Will an easy target. These writers seem to be incredibly lazy and shortsighted. I guess rebooting the character or recasting was too much work for them but I'm actually surprised they didn't just put him in a coma or give him a rushed happy ending with Sonny. Those would have been easy ways to get the character off the canvas if that's what they wanted and would have allowed him to easily come back in the future. Clearly no one thought this through and now they're dealing with accusations of being homophobic, which they brought entirely on themselves. 

The part that bothers me the most about this is that Will's exit was lame as hell and seems like it was planned and written in 20 minutes. He's been mostly off screen for two months and then they bring him back for a few episodes just to be killed off. Where was the build up? Where were the scenes of him with his family, scenes of him being hopeful for the future and maybe of a reconciliation with Sonny? That would have made his death tragic and shocking. Instead, they treated it like some day player was being killed off. Then there's the fact that Sami and Sonny are only here for a short period and Lucas probably won't get the screen time that he deserves. So what I'm left with is the feeling that the murder of a legacy character will be reduced to giving Abifail another reason to act like a persecuted victim.

Giving you a standing ovation here. 

• Love 1

I really think it's a matter of the writers being lazy, the loss of Freddy, and that the writers clearly have their eyes on a very particular set of stories. With Freddy leaving, if Will were to stay on the show, he would either have to be paired with Paul or another character would have to be brought on. (Imo romantic pairings aren't necessary to a character's viability, but clearly in daytime they are.) I don't think the writers were willing to do that. Lucas always gets short shrift, and with Sami not on canvas for long, the potential of Will's character is lessened. Is there more they could have done with the character? Of course; they just don't seem to care to at the moment. I absolutely agree that it would have been better to send him off-screen for a while, but I guess this is their ~shocking~ twist. I'm honestly more pissed about 

DC and KDP leaving, mainly because they can actually act and that is a talent Days can't afford to kick out the door right now.

But, again, the new writers seem VERY focused on Abby/Chad, all Rafe all the time, and the 80s supercouples. And, apparently, if you don't fit into those narrow confines, you're out.

• Love 2

Although I detest what has happened with Will, we do need to be reminded that legacy character Zack was killed off, too. Of course, he was a child who hadn't been on in his own storyline ...

Exactly. Nick (a Horton) was murdered recently and his murdering is walking around the square like nothing.  Plus barely anyone that actually dies on DAYS actually stay dead,

with Will's death they're using it to send Sami off to find alive EJ.

Andre just came back from the dead a couple weeks ago and Justin didn't bat an eye. lol

• Love 1

I actually felt that killing Zack off was a horrible plot point design to break up Bo and Hope for good,in order to push Bo and Billie to the forefront..There was an outcry and ken Corday lied and said that he would never kill off another legacy character. It was too traumatic for everybody involved with the storyline..The show was very quick to get Hope pregnant with Ciara..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Like kristabell mentioned, I do think Freddie Smith leaving the show - and that coming on the cusp of the old writers leaving or the new writers starting or whatever - was a major component here.

There was an outcry and ken Corday lied and said that he would never kill off another legacy character.

Which (potentially unpopular opinion) was a stupid promise to make in the first place.  What's next, promising fans they won't break up [insert your favorite couple here]?  It's a soap opera.  

• Love 4

But, again, the new writers seem VERY focused on Abby/Chad, all Rafe all the time, and the 80s supercouples. And, apparently, if you don't fit into those narrow confines, you're out.

If the writers only care about Abifail, Rafe, and couples from the 80s, this show will be gone within two years. Any pairing involving Abifail will be mediocre at best because Abifail is trash, Rafe is nothing special, and people in their 50s and 60s can only do so much. 

• Love 3

If the writers only care about Abifail, Rafe, and couples from the 80s, this show will be gone within two years. Any pairing involving Abifail will be mediocre at best because Abifail is trash, Rafe is nothing special, and people in their 50s and 60s can only do so much. 

That is so true....However they are bringing in the teen set..I think the show did too many changes at the same time....Everything feels so rushed...So many Characters have been jettisoned for the vets. Look at what they have done to Aiden. I do love the vets, but the show should have used them to introduce us to legacy characters that are still out there twisting in the wind....The Kiriakis brothers come to mind..They had so many opportunities to bring them back to Salem and they have not done so...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Exactly, Ken Corday is an idiot...He has yet to give us a real reason, as to why Jack  Devereaux a popular character is persona non grata on the show...He knows that he is a fan favorite and he refuses to let him come back...

I have my own theories about that. But as it is all spec, probably best not to say. Moot, anyway. Matt Ashford has always been treated shabbily, though, and I never got why he kept coming back to get gut punched over and over. Then again, money is money and a pay check is a pay check.

• Love 4

I just caught up on Friday's show. Honestly, I came thisclose to just dumping it of my DVR...but I watched. Sigh.

At first I wasn't sure what show I was even watching. Could it get any visually darker? Murky park scenes dark sets. Gah! This is not a nightime crime show- or it's not supposed to be. I suppose it was to set the mood for Will's murder. Clearly they gave more thought to lighting and mood than they ever did to the whole idea of offing Will. (Adding the flashing red/green lights to Abifail/Ben's windows?? Really guys??)

What a lame ass death. I don't see the need to kill him but I was surprised that Will didn't fight any harder. What a weak pathetic way for him to go out...I think he could have made Benno work for it at least. I am so annoyed & disappointed & pissed with this lazy writing overall and this story in particular. I truly hope the writers realize killing off a legacy character - their ONLY gay legacy character was one of the poorer things they could have chosen to do. I don't see how this will up the ratings. Hells bells, we already know who the killer is...for now anyhow. Watching more families mourn... watching KDP/Eve mourn was tough enough, but now Sami, Lucas, Sonny & the whole damn town? Yeah, I can hardly wait for THAT.

I just hate the whole murder thing when a coma or as said above, a quickie happy ending would at least get the character off screen so they could recast if they wanted to. Or let him/them live HEA offscreen. I'm sure if they thought real hard they could come up with some other reasons for the returning vets presence in Salem make sense.

Justin/Adrienne ... WTF?

I can't help it..I still think Aiden  & Hope make a great mature couple. And Bo....

are they gonna kill him off? What excuse will there be for him to leave Hope again if they are planning the Rafe/Hope thing?

Oh writers!!!

(sarcasm font)  Happy 50th Anniversary Days. Nice work. (end sarcasm font ...for now)

• Love 4

Like others, I am not opposed to killing a legacy character. However, I think that Will had tremendous potential as a character and his Brady/Horton/Kiriakis/Black/Hernandez families could have been mined for multiple stories for years to come. The actor didn't connect in the role, leave the character backburnered for a while and recast.

If I were in charge of the show, the legacy character I would have killed off would be Eric. You get core family trauma with the Brady/Black/Kiriakis/Hernandez families plus you would get the benefit of the Salem PD not only being subjected to a possible shake-up (In the real world, Roman, Hope and Rafe would be off the case) that brings competence to the table. You also get a legitimate reason for the police to be on the wrong track -- Serena and Marlena and Eric are linked and Paige interacted with/was in proximity to both Serena and Eric prior to their deaths, leading police to understandably but mistakenly think that the killer has some connection to that grouping. Besides, Eric has never really driven his own SL (don't know if that was a result of Sami being a power player on the show, Eric being off-screen for most of his youth and a good portion of his adulthood, the fact that his character is generic, or combination thereof, so the future storyline potential isn't Will level in terms of impact.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Like others, I am not opposed to killing a legacy character. However, I think that Will had tremendous potential as a character and his Brady/Horton/Kiriakis/Black/Hernandez families could have been mined for multiple stories for years to come. The actor didn't connect in the role, leave the character backburnered for a while and recast.

If I were in charge of the show, the legacy character I would have killed off would be Eric. You get core family trauma with the Brady/Black/Kiriakis/Hernandez families plus you would get the benefit of the Salem PD not only being subjected to a possible shake-up (In the real world, Roman, Hope and Rafe would be off the case) that brings competence to the table. You also get a legitimate reason for the police to be on the wrong track -- Serena and Marlena and Eric are linked and Paige interacted with/was in proximity to both Serena and Eric prior to their deaths, leading police to understandably but mistakenly think that the killer has some connection to that grouping. Besides, Eric has never really driven his own SL (don't know if that was a result of Sami being a power player on the show, Eric being off-screen for most of his youth and a good portion of his adulthood, the fact that his character is generic, or combination thereof, so the future storyline potential isn't Will level in terms of impact.

I love it and imagine the angst that would ensue, if Nicole found out that she was pregnant with her miracle baby via Eric...Nicole and Sami would really have to bury the hatchet. It would give Nicole a permanent link to the Brady family...However, I cannot see Ben overpowering Eric in a fight, like he did so easily with Will...You are correct Happytobehere, the show has never really developed  Eric and the rest of the legacy characters...I think it  is a shame that Carrie has not been the main heroine on the show..She was the first Brady grandchild...I always thought it was a mistake for the show to give Sami so much focus....It is probably why Will got so much focus...Now would be the perfect time to bring back Allie for Lucas..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

...However, I cannot see Ben overpowering Eric in a fight, like he did so easily with Will...

Ah, but remember that drinky-drink Eric was established. Eric could have been drinking when he came upon something that let him know Ben is the killer. Eric not being at 100% enables Ben to get the jump on him. Ben pushes Eric's head into something (ala Will and the fridge) and Ben is thus able to necktie him to death.

• Love 1

Like some others have said, Will's death reminded me of Frankie's murder on Another World. There was no reason to kill off Will. They could have recast. If Freddie Smith didn't want to return as Sonny then recast Sonny and reunite WilSon and write further stories for them. Sonny being written out, Will being brutally murdered, and Paul being practically invisible does seem like there is something anti-gay going on with the writers.  Days has become dark and depressing since the new writers began, violence, murder, torture, grief. That's not entertainment to me.Even worse is having Rafe on almost every damn day. I can put up with numerous serial killers as long as I don't have to see Galen Gering smirk his way through every episode.

I will forever remain bitter about the character assassination being done to Aiden. I never liked Bo and Hope as a couple since I can't stand Bo. I love Hope and Aiden. They should be the shows mature, fortysomething couple and I can think of numerous storyline for them.

I've mostly been watching Haiden scenes and I'm out when Daniel Cosgrove/Aiden is gone. You couldn't pay me to watch Kristian Alfonso being ruined in a Hope/Rafe pairing.

Ratings are down and I think Will's and future rumored murders is going to alienate many more fans.

Rumor is Aiden is one of the deaths. I still hope Days will realize their mistakes and bring back Aiden and Will.

If it were me I would make the last few months all a bad dream, probably of Caroline. The murders didn't happen, Aiden is still a good guy, and Clyde is still around as a long term villain (James Read has been awesome.)  If Ken Corday thinks what's airing now is good, then it's time for Days to finally be canceled.

• Love 3

Wonder if anybody in town is going to point out that of the two guys who are going around saying that Abigail is AMAZING all the time, one is a suspected serial killer and the other actually IS one.

Nah, that actually would be amazing.

Cameron was the smartest of the bunch, hightailing it out of town.

Amen on all counts, especially re Cameron. Talk about dodging a bullet-or rather, a necktie.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Stopped over at the Days Official FB page. Found it rather peculiar that Abby and Ben and then Abby and Chad are featured in the posts from Friday and Saturday. No picture of Will at all. No character tribute.   There's a super cute picture of SN and MBE though. 

• Love 3

I doubt Will will stay dead. Legacy character label aside, is anyone actually going to miss him? Not the stories he-or his stupid actions- spawned, but him as an actual stand alone character? I'm just having trouble seeing his loss as being catastrophic for the show. I think someone like Hope has been far more important to the show overall, and it survived her "death". Granted, the genre was more stable then, but if the show tanks, it won't be because they killed off a character that they never really fully developed anyway.

On the Pretty Front, JJ and Gabi look pretty darn cute together. I could probably get behind this pairing, as weird as it seems on the surface. I know she's dead, but I hope they don't have JJ all mopey about Paige for too much longer. It's Salem, people move on at lightning speed and I want to see what a less sad sack JJ is like. Pairing him up with Gabi could either prolong his Paige-angst (given the whole sister thing) or help him move past it. I'm willing to take the chance.

• Love 3

I think it was a mistake to kill off Will and Nick.  When DH, KA, and SN chose to leave the show, they killed off their characters, but left it possible for them to return.  There was no reason to kill Nick or Will when they could have simply had them leave Salem.  I think where Ken Corday (who gets dumber everyday) and the writers really screwed up was making their serial killer such a lame choice.  It was supposedly going to be oh so shocking, and instead the reaction was - "Eh, whatever."

The real fallout and consequences for Will's death should be played out with Sami, Lucas, and Kate.  That won't happen because AS is only returning for a brief visit, and Lucas never gets any screen time.  Also, Sami and Kate not tracking down Will's killer, torturing him for days, and then killing him - is so not Sami and Kate.

The reason AS/Sami eventually got more focus than Carrie and Eric is because Sami is a popular character, and AS stayed on the show while CC and JA chose to leave the show to do other things.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

I hate this.  I guess I understand now what some of you mean about Show killing off legacy characters.  Serena, Paige, whatever, but Will...it's unsettling to watch and this is supposed to be entertainment.  I have been watching this stupid show my whole life, remember when Will's mother was born and when Marlena arrived in Salem and this just doesn't feel right.  One thing I have always loved about this show is the camp factor.  Hardly anyone stays dead and crazy things happen but this just feels too real, like a crime drama rather than a soap.

I also have an uneasy feeling that with Freddie Smith gone and Sparkle relegated to a scene here and there every few weeks or less that Will was the extra gay person that had to be gotten rid of to satisfy viewers who didn't like the gay storyline.

• Love 2

I truly don't believe that it had anything to do with satisfying anti-gay viewers--especially given how prominent Will and Sonny's storylines have been been the past few years. I think the correct answer is that after Sonny left the canvas the writers had a hard time figuring out where to take the story. That has happened more than once even with several hetero couples over the past 30 years--look at the mess they've made with Jennifer sans Jack. Someone here brought up Kayla as another example and it's true--after they killed off Steve they had no clue how to write for her and so we got the Shane debacle.

I think breaking up a couple can survive if the remaining character's charisma can overcome the loss of the relationship, but from what I can tell, there were very few people who found Guy Wilson's portrayal of Will to be terribly compelling. Therefore, if the writers/producers lose one half of WilSon, are left with an actor that isn't resonating with viewers, and don't know where to take the story from here, then I can see why they chose to go this direction. Many hetero characters have been killed off rather than sent off because it's easier for viewers to believe that the surviving partner would be able to move on knowing that their significant other was no more than that they would choose someone else over them. I just don't think Will dying is some unspoken commentary on homosexuality.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 7

What an excellent show today, everybody came to play..My poor Lucas...,Lucas and Marlena really got to me. I loved their hug at the station...Why is Bryan not on enough? He broke my heart at the apartment with Hope. It just reminded me so much of Zach's death. And then Lucas/Marlena. Now Sonny/Victor.....Poor Sonny...Not to mention little Ari...I was a blubbering mess...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

So the Salem PD releases victim's names to the press before informing the families???  How tacky that Chad read it on the net before Sonny, Lucas and Sami were informed. 

I feel like we should have seen both sides of Lucas telling Sami. Speaking of Sami, how the hell did she get there so fast? It seemed like she just came from across town. Wasn't she in CA???

Would have been nice to have a mention of Zack, and Hope understanding their grief. 

On a lighter note, when Caroline urged Kayla to give Steve a chance, I really wanted to see Kayla find Steve, push him into her office, and kiss him passionately. Would be nice to see Kayla take charge and have a hot little romantic moment on this show for a change. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 9

I don't watch Days in a regular basis. I've tried but I can't get into it. I left after EJ died. Anyway, I tuned in today. Is Hope slowful or stupid or just the worst police detective (?) in the history of Salem? I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why she would have Lucas come to Will's apartment to tell him that his son has been murdered? Seriously. How about a neutral location? I realize that TPTB have only $1.95 for sets and that there are only 2 3/4 sets to choose from but, FFS, one of them is a park!

I continue to be underwhelmed by actors who are supposed to be crying but when the camera does a closeup, there are no tears. It's terrible and takes me out of the scene every time,

Sami is the reason I'm tuning back in and AS didn't fail to deliver. Her stunned shock was palpable and the way she looked at her dad (John Black is her father, right?) said so much.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 2

Sami was in Chicago when she received the call and Salem is not that far from Chicago....

She still must have made great time with traffic and all ;-)  Can you fill me in on how/why she's in Chicago? I quit watching when EJ got killed off. I only saw her taking that TV offer in California. 

Edited by Peanut6711

According to Allison Sweeney in her interview, Sami was coming home, when she got the news of Will's death...I am disappointed that she did not bring the kids with her..I hate that aspect of soaps, Alli, Sydney and Johnny should be teens now..They should mourn their big brother..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

According to Allison Sweeney in her interview, Sami was coming home, when she got the news of Will's death...I am disappointed that she did not bring the kids with her..I hate that aspect of soaps, Alli, Sydney and Johnny should be teens now..They should mourn their big brother..

I dunno why they need to be teens to mourn their brother, but yeah, they should be there.

I said teens because Ciara, Claire, Joey, Theo and Chase will now be teens...Alli could have tangled with Ciara and be there for her dad. Johnny could have been seduced into the Dimera fold by Andre, Johnny was always fascinated by the Dimeras as a kid...He is also Theo's cousin...Sydney could have formed a solid bond with Nicole, while living with her uncle Eric...She also could be best friends with Claire...She can also become a model at Basic black..Perhaps Stefano gets interested in the company due to Sydney's inclusion in it as a model...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

They can be recurring and be used accordingly..The show needs to build the new generations..How many times can we watch John look into his past...Stefano terrorize the Bradys or Victor being a mobster....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

They can be recurring and be used accordingly..The show needs to build the new generations

...they are, with Claire, Joey, etc.  I think it's fine to leave Allie et. all younger at this point, so they're available to age for the next generation of teens.

• Love 1