Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

A niece or nephew by marriage is still a niece or nephew. Aunt or Uncle is not a courtesy title in such cases.

Of course this is true. I don't think anyone was implying otherwise. It's just the fact that Kayla has blood nieces and nephews on the canvas and there is no indication that she knows or cares that they are alive. Hell, she doesn't even seem interested in her own kids on the level that she is interested in Abigail. Add to that the fact that Abigail is the daughter of her rapist (yes, I know Kayla forgave, but the constant theme was she never really and understandably had a relationship with him despite her relationship with Steve) makes her hovering obsession with the nasty little bit that Jack produced makes no sense.

Granted I just came back to the show a little over a month ago, but I am really struck by this. Moreover, Kayla and Kim were always close and if people on the board hadn't mentioned that Theresa was Kimberly's daughter, I'd never know it based on Kayla's total lack of interaction with her. The same goes for her non-existent relationship with nephew Eric, and nephew by default Brady (because we know after the He's John, not a Roman reveal, which I still think was a mistake, but I digress, john remained close to and was still considered family by Shawn and Caroline, heck they even thought he was family with that John is Stefano's brother mess). Kayla's having a relationship with Brady would especially make sense because as any check on old Days show on youtube make clear, Kayla and RomaJohn were very close. The kind of closeness that would not evaporate once the lack of blood ties was discovered.

I'd be less like Abigail isn't even family if Kayla was shown talking to, thinking about and interacting with the rest of the Brady family. Hell, I haven't even seen Kayla with Adrienne, who she was very close to and her nephew via marriage, Sonny. Surely the your my family logic she uses with Abigail should apply to the son of Steve's baby sister. The fact that none of these relationships appear to be in place smacks of TPTB using a historically loved character to prop a character who they love, but who fails to inspire the love of the viewers.

Okay. Rant Over.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 8

I think that's all less of a Kayla character flaw than a writers flaw, though.
The only familial relationship that has remained consistent over the years is Hope/Jennifer. It's a minor miracle when family members bother to acknowledge one another these days!

• Love 2

If only the 50th anniversary wasn't until November, we could have a giant bomb go off in Horton Square and get rid of Serena, Xander, Clyde, Ben (Marlena and Kate could be seriously wounded). Outside of Caroline getting headaches around Teresa and Serena (Caroline must have a built in BS detector) I was again underwhelmed and felt lIke I saw little new.

It was nice to see Kate start to wonder about Clyde.

• Love 1

8/7/2015 Recap :)

Nicole/Eric/Brady

Nicole is at home when there's a knock and it's Brady and Eric and they wonder if Dan is there and Nicole says he's at work. Nicole says Vic called but didn't leave a message and Eric wants to know what Brady wants to talk about. Brady says it's about Xander and how he's the new gardener and explains the story. Nicole wonders if there's more to it since it's Victor. Nicole says before they locked in she looked into Xander's background and how Victor got the charges dropped until Xander stopped her. Brady says Victor isn't going to do that anymore, which Nicole thinks it might be a way of Xander making it up to Victor and given a second chance. Brady defends Victor which Nicole wants Xander out of Salem and Eric says he likes what Victor is doing as it's best for Nicole.

Eric says Nicole is safe because it's more scarier to get a phone call from Vic than the SPD. Brady and Eric are about to leave but Nicole wants Eric to stay and Nicole says what Eric says she wants to be clear on where they stand. Eric says he's at peace that he loves Nicole and she loves Dan and wants them both to be happy and Nicole says they understand each other and Eric says someone else needs to know about Xander and Nicole says Serena. Nicole says Eric doesn't owe Serena a damn thing and in Salem because she wants another shot at Eric.

Eric is outside TBD and thinks about texting Serena but can't as he wants to talk to her face to face.

Serena/Xander

Serena sees Xander at The Square and wonders why he's dressed like that and carrying manure. Xander says his situation has changed and Serena says she never would have seen him carrying manure and Xander wants to know if Serena is laughing at him and Serena says she's not laughing but she's leaving. Xander says he's heard that before and Serena says she means it and Serena says that Xander is getting what he deserved and whoever is doing this to Xander she would love to shake his hand. Serena is glad that this is their last moment together as she can remember Xander this way and walks off.

Xander is outside Vic's house when a man approaches Xander and talks to him about the manure which Xander says he's done and the man tells him that he needs to go and pick up mulch and do it right away and walks off.

Caroline/Theresa/Anne/Brady

Theresa and Caroline are in Vic's living room and Theresa is telling Caroline about Xander working for Vic which Caroline doesn't like and then Theresa moves on to her ankle injury and Caroline says there's something Theresa isn't telling her. Theresa tries to evade but Caroline says Theresa isn't going to pull one over on her. Theresa says what she's not telling Caroline is a good thing and Caroline wants to know what and Theresa says Xander being there Brady is being protective and Caroline says Brady still loves Mel which Theresa doesn't want to talk about Mel. They go over to see Tate in his bassinet.  Anne enters the living room and says she got something going to make her think Theresa is still lying to Brady. Anne tries to weasel her way with an explanation and Theresa asks if Caroline believes Anne which Caroline says she has a headache and leaves.

Theresa calls Anne stupid for just waltzing and running her mouth. Anne and Theresa talk about Dr. Lee and Theresa talks about Xander working for Vic and how it's made Brady more protective and how Brady thinks something might happen to her. Anne says Dan and Jenn are gonna find out about her ankle and how cash from Dr. Lee can persuade him to not tell them and Theresa says she doesn't have any cash and Anne says she'll do her best with stalling Dr. Lee and Theresa gets up and walks to fix herself a drink and Anne comes up to her and Theresa talks while Anne is distracted looking in one direction. Theresa turns her head and sees Brady standing in the doorway. Theresa makes it look like Anne moved her crutches and Brady says that when they're done he needs to talk to her about their new staff as Brady's phone rings and he leaves to go take it. Theresa says that was too close. Anne leaves.

Theresa asks Brady what he wants to talk about and Brady tells her to pack her bags and get her lying ass out of the house.

Kate/Marlena

They run into each other outside of TBD and make small talk about John and Kate thinks her, Clyde, Marlena, and John should all go for a drink one night. Kate says it's a rhetorical question as she knows Clyde has seen Marlena and Kate wants to know if she sees a change in Clyde and Marlena says she can't say anything. Kate says they're friends and says Marlena is the only person in Salem who has told her not to stay away from Clyde. Marlena says she can't talk about it and knows Kate is concerned and urges Kate to take everyone's concern seriously. Kate says that Marlena thinks Clyde is dangerous and Marlena says she didn't say that and she encourages Kate to trust her intuition.

Ben/Clyde/Kate

Ben and Clyde walk to another part of the park and Ben wants to know why Aiden would drop them and Clyde tells him to focus on Abby. Clyde asked if he talked to Abby which Ben says no and Clyde says Abby is going to say yes and Ben doesn't know why Clyde is so gung ho about him and Abby being together and Clyde says he wants whatever will make Ben happy. Ben is worried about Aiden dropping him but Clyde tells him to go and be with Abby and Ben leaves.

Kate overhears Clyde at The Square wanting information on Aiden and Kate asks why Clyde is looking into Aiden and Clyde says why is Kate listening in on his phone calls. Kate says she wasn't listening and Clyde says he's getting a new attorney as Aiden doesn't have the edge anymore and Kate asks another question which Clyde says Kate has a lot of questions which Kate says his answers are in short supply and Clyde says why don't they do what they came for which is have lunch and walks off and Kate follows.

Abby/Chad/Ben

Abby is again crying in her office when Chad puts his hand on her shoulder and wants to know what's wrong. Abby can barely get it out as Chad hugs her. Chad says it's going to be alright whatever it is and Abby apologizes and Chad wants to know what for as she cries some more. Abby says that what Chad said to her about stopped loving her she believes him and Chad wants to know why she's crying and Abby says it's too late for them. Chad says how can it be too late and how they love each other and Abby says she loves Ben but Chad disagrees and talks about their love and how they would have been married by now and Abby says Ben never wanted anyone but her and how her and Ben are suppose to be together and how it will never work with Chad. Chad says he said those things to Abby to protect her and won't hurt her again and Abby says Chad isn't going to stop being Stefano's son and where does that leave her and says she would be like Sami. 

Chad says they can live wherever they want since he has money and he can stop being Stefano's son and asks Abby to leave Salem with him tonight, right now and they don't have to look back. Abby says Chad is walking away from his life and Chad says he's not walking away from anything and Chad continues to talk about love and kisses Abby. Abby pulls back and says they can't and Chad says because of Ben and Abby says that Chad would respect her decision and that she's with Ben and that's her decision. Abby goes on about Ben and her building a life together an how they can never be together and she's making herself clear to Chad which Chad says it's clear. Chad says if Ben hurts her he will break him in half and Abby says Ben won't hurt her. Chad asks if Ben will make her happy and why Abby is crying and Abby says she's saying goodbye to her life with Chad and wants him to be happy one day which Chad says forget it and walks out. Outside her office Chad starts to cry. 

Abby now meets Ben at TBD as Ben has gotten her text and says Abby is beautiful. Ben talks and says last night he hopes he made it clear how he feels. Ben says he's not trying to push but is Abby close to making a decision on wanting to spend her life with him. Abby has thought about his proposal and hasn't thought of anything else lately and Ben says he meant every word. Abby says every word from Ben is honest and straight from his heart. Abby talks about how living with her can drive Ben nuts but Ben says he loves everything about her and Ben says what she's talking about doesn't have anything with how she lives but that she doesn't want to marry him.

Abby says they have a lot to talk about but in the end Abby agrees to marry him and Ben hugs her as Chad walks in TBD and sees and Ben sees Chad. (Last scene of the day)

Chad/Marlena

Chad is at The Pub getting hammered when Marlena approaches and Chad says Mar can grab a seat and give more bad advice. Chad says he took her advice and how she brought it until today and Marlena apologizes and Chad says the woman he loves wants to be with another guy. Chad knows that she loves him but it doesn't matter and Marlena says it does matter. Chad apologizes for going off on Marlena as he doesn't blame her and how he made his bed and he's going to lie in it. Mar asks if he's driving and Chad says he has a driver and all that and he can go back to his old life and leaves.

Serena/Caroline

Serena sees Caroline at the park and wants to talk to her and Caroline says she has a headache and talking to Serena isn't going to help and Serena says she needs a favor. Serena says she's leaving Salem and hopes Caroline can give Eric the letter she wrote and Caroline flat out refuses. Caroline says Eric is done with her and so is she and Caroline stands and then falls to the ground and Serena yells out for help.

Nicole/Xander

Nicole is at the park setting up the picnic when she sees Xander and they exchange looks.

I really don't understand why they're putting Jar Jar bitch front and center once again when the last attempt was an epic fail. Jar Jar honey you can never be like Sami in any capacity so just no and quit bringing Sami up. She's such a fucking liar, oh Mannequin I wasn't thinking about anything but your proposal, bullshit bitch, you were thinking about Chad and the baby. Ugh, this character is so damn atrocious. She's just on too damn much and needs to be written to 0.0x a week.

Chad, you suck ass.

Oh Theresa, you've been caught. SMDH. Now you gotta get out, Brady probably bugged the place with recorders. 

Eeyore really, you could have texted Shrewena, you don't have to see her and tell her face to face.

Shrewena, come on, you really think Caroline was going to give Eric the letter. Shrewena could have just went to Eric's apartment and either slip it under the door or tape it to the door. Why do people in Salem have to make the simplest of tasks be so damn difficult? SMDH.

Finally Kate, just see what everyone else is saying about Mr. Rapey, cause if he talked to me like that, it's over...for him. Farrah Fawcett Burning Bed style.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Granted I just came back to the show a little over a month ago, but I am really struck by this. Moreover, Kayla and Kim were always close and if people on the board hadn't mentioned that Theresa was Kimberly's daughter, I'd never know it based on Kayla's total lack of interaction with her.

The only reason Theresa works at the hospital is because Kayla interceded to get her a job in the first place.

• Love 3

Nevertheless, Kayla should be interacting with Theresa and Tate..The fact that she is living at Victor's should make her pause long enough and leave Abifail's side to attend to her niece and grandnephew...Kayla was in jail  heavily pregnant with Stefanie because of Victor's machinations because of his vendetta against Kim...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The only way Theresa would want to spend any time with Kayla is to use her for one of her stupid and childish schemes. She didn't appreciate her own mother's attention, I doubt she would want Kayla's. She's her own worst enemy.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 3

The only reason Theresa works at the hospital is because Kayla interceded to get her a job in the first place.

I seriously can't believe that the writers think writing this character this way is entertaining.

• Love 7

Is anything interesting happening? I don't care who the father of Abigail's baby is. Either way she'll get her man, and whoever that man is will probably be written as being the love of her life.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Is anything interesting happening? I don't care who the father of Abigail's baby is. Either way she'll get her man, and whoever that man is will probably be written as being the love of her life.

Until she cheats on him.

• Love 8

Caroline is the only member of her family that Theresa has a good relationship with.  Though she tolerates Eric.

Is Kate finally buying a clue about Clyde?

Abigail thinks she's Sami now?  smdh. Chadwick, your father will never let you out from under his thumb. And Chad could ruin Ben, if he really wanted to. Does Abigail even know whom she wants?

I love Caroline trying to blow Serena off like that.

Did Brady really figure out Theresa was lying?  She'll probably manage to get him to change her mind.

No, Caroline!!!

• Love 6

Of course this is true. I don't think anyone was implying otherwise. It's just the fact that Kayla has blood nieces and nephews on the canvas and there is no indication that she knows or cares that they are alive. Hell, she doesn't even seem interested in her own kids on the level that she is interested in Abigail. Add to that the fact that Abigail is the daughter of her rapist (yes, I know Kayla forgave, but the constant theme was she never really and understandably had a relationship with him despite her relationship with Steve) makes her hovering obsession with the nasty little bit that Jack produced makes no sense.

Granted I just came back to the show a little over a month ago, but I am really struck by this. Moreover, Kayla and Kim were always close and if people on the board hadn't mentioned that Theresa was Kimberly's daughter, I'd never know it based on Kayla's total lack of interaction with her. The same goes for her non-existent relationship with nephew Eric, and nephew by default Brady (because we know after the He's John, not a Roman reveal, which I still think was a mistake, but I digress, john remained close to and was still considered family by Shawn and Caroline, heck they even thought he was family with that John is Stefano's brother mess). Kayla's having a relationship with Brady would especially make sense because as any check on old Days show on youtube make clear, Kayla and RomaJohn were very close. The kind of closeness that would not evaporate once the lack of blood ties was discovered.

I'd be less like Abigail isn't even family if Kayla was shown talking to, thinking about and interacting with the rest of the Brady family. Hell, I haven't even seen Kayla with Adrienne, who she was very close to and her nephew via marriage, Sonny. Surely the your my family logic she uses with Abigail should apply to the son of Steve's baby sister. The fact that none of these relationships appear to be in place smacks of TPTB using a historically loved character to prop a character who they love, but who fails to inspire the love of the viewers.

Okay. Rant Over.

I wouldn't call this a rant as much as a well thought out exposition.  I loved it. 

And it made sense, something so sorely lacking in what w see onscreen.

so, MORE please!!

• Love 4

I hate that Chad is reduced to crying over Abifail. No one should be crying over that twit. I do not understand this shows obsession with her. Can't they see what we do -that she's useless & can't act her way out of a paper bag?

And why exactly are Xander & Serena still roaming around town?

And no Nicole - Eric's feelings for you aren't going away because you told him you & Dr. Tan made up. I like you but sometimes you are an idiot. And what was the purpose of Chloe coming back?

Knowing that Steve will be back soon is the only thing keeping me with this show.

• Love 4

... Hell, she doesn't even seem interested in her own kids on the level that she is interested in Abigail. Add to that the fact that Abigail is the daughter of her rapist (yes, I know Kayla forgave, but the constant theme was she never really and understandably had a relationship with him despite her relationship with Steve) makes her hovering obsession with the nasty little bit that Jack produced makes no sense.

You'll get no argument from me on that point. Kayla's favouring of Abigail makes no sense in story terms, does a disservice to Kayla's history and character, and is unsupportable by Abigail's actual behaviour. But's it's all of a piece with the writers' (and Corday's, I'd say) preference for telling over showing. The audience is supposed to accept that certain characters are good people, or certain other people are just like a parent or relative, because we're told frequently, endlessly, that they are -- even where onscreen behaviour consistently demonstrates otherwise.

• Love 3

As usual Ken Corday and the writers are failing at their jobs.  There were actual reasons for couples like Doug/Julie, Roman/Marlena, Hope/Bo, Kayla/Steve, Kim/Shane, Sami/Lucas, Sami/Rafe, etc., to have angst and drama.  The only reason Chad and Slappy have drama is because Slappy is a selfish lying cheater who believes she does no wrong, and that Chad is somehow not as good as her.  {Rolls Eyes}

• Love 6

Yes Chads begging and over the top praise would be irritating and fake even if it was directed at an awesome woman but ha Abby. And what is this shit with her crying and complaining at everyone? Listen Lady you made those choices. And like its not the hugest problem in the world either I mean both guys have NO dignity & also know she's a habitual cheater whose nemesis is honesty.

Either guy she chooses will just blame the other man like the rest of Salem.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

I know people are tired of bashing the Jar Jar and I've tried not to chime in, but I noted she was on 4x last week, I lost count this week and the entire Friday was about her.  She effed EEJ 1/14 and had six months or more before that with gaslighting Austin.  We're almost 2 1/2 years putting up with forcing it on us.  I suspect she wears the blouses because she knows her body looks goofy.  That's ok her face does too.  But she doesn't have the talent to back it up.  They cleaned up Dr Grope because of input I think, but how does Days not listen to this?  We have another six months arc coming of this AbiCrap.I hope those of you who get around more are posting on NBC or where it counts.  I don't care to look into her background but how entitled is she.

ETA She supposedly took over Jordan's program that they called charity, that helped people get health care.  It was funded by Creepy for the purpose of controlling Jordan.  Jar Jar's contribution is to attend a few events celebrating her greatness and getting her picture taken.  Now Creepy is wedging in on more contributions to fund the prenatal thing so he can control more women. Then for him to inflict guilt on Ben to give him he ring I was going to give your dead ma.. He could do a great Anthony Hopkins but it's not soapy to me, it's disturbing.  Please, Kate do him in.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 5

Abigail makes me weep too.  With frustration.  

Admittedly, for Ben to be awestruck by her isn't that big of a stretch, because the guy isn't exactly anywhere in the vicinity of a working brain.  But to have to watch Chad act like his life is over because he was turned down by an evil garden gnome isn't even believable.  

Yesterday was almost a total waste for me.  Even Ann didn't help.  And Theresa really needs to dial back the dumb or Brady will start to look like a perfect match for her.

At least we got Caroline, who actually ran away from the stupid until she got cornered by Serena.  No wonder she collapsed with a headache.  Who could TAKE this town as it's currently inhabited without a bottle of percocet anyway?

• Love 12

Damn, I think Caroline had a stroke and that's what starts people coming back.  I don't read spoilers so I could be wrong.

I have to hand it to Chad to do a decent job with a horrible storyline. We're supposed to think Failure's angst/stank is about how she craves the Chad and how they're star crossed lovers or something and had to invoke the Ejami to try to make it work. 

Getting kicked out of the house is the best thing that could happen to Jeannie Theresa. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Uh is she going to have twins. One by mannequin and one by Chad Pretty Eyes?

Why would they tie the Plastic Child of Pedophile Mobster to the town darling and center of Days of Our Abigail? The tot will be Dimera.

• Love 1

It seems like the writers wanted to use this story as the summer storyline since it's being so heavily featured until the new writing begins. Judging from social media, Chabby is getting a lot of buzz. It should be interesting to see which direction they take it under the new regime.

• Love 1

Only a small percentage of viewers post on message boards. If someone doesn't like what's on, they simply don't watch.  Going by the ratings, which are still not good, the fans have spoken, and one again Ken Corday didn't listen.

• Love 6

Abigail's face... I don't get it.  I just keep staring at it wondering why it bothers me so.

Why is she marrying Ben? So that she can cheat in an even bigger-way next time?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

They only tested for Chad and it was negative, resulting in an entire day's worth of uncontrollable fake tears.  But Creepy pressured the lab tech and she was told a lie because we all know it's a Dimera.

• Love 3

They only tested for Chad and it was negative, resulting in an entire day's worth of uncontrollable fake tears.  But Creepy pressured the lab tech and she was told a lie because we all know it's a Dimera.

Ok. Thanks. I've skipped over episodes.

I guess Abby angst is the order for this week. Blech. 

My suggestion for all. In an effort to make you feel better about the current hot mess that is Days, you should check out Afterbuzz TV's Dishing with Days podcast. The hosts are hilarious and their take on things makes you want to watch just so you can reflect back on the sheer stupid that is what we are currently seeing. A someone returning, it has helped me with backstory and identifying the cast, so I know who you guys are referring to when actor initials are used. The recap of last week's show were too much, the also had Brady and Theresa as guests.

• Love 4
I loath to say it, but Chabby is very popular in other sites....There is no accounting for taste these days...
I admit I'm pro Chabby but not b/c I really like them. I just always root for Chad (and EJ). I want them to have what they want most of the time even if it's stupid. I quite like Billy Flynn's portrayal, too. His scenes were good last week. KM? Not so much.

Chandler Massey will be on soon...
Can you link to that for me? Currently in week 2 or rewatching WilSon youtube vids. Over. And. Over. And. Over. 
  • Love 3

I have never seen Kayla interact with any of her nieces and nephews via her siblings in the same loving gentle way as her niece Abigail via marriage..It is disgusting the propping of Abifail and the other pets on the show..

You bring up an interesting point that I've noticed myself.

I know Kayla never really interacted with sami. Did she ever have scenes with Carrie or eric..or Shawn Douglas or ciara?

I know kim was close to eric when she was recurring in the 90s, but I don't recall how she interacted with sami.

Is there a more stagnant story than Wilson/Paul? I feel like since the reveal it has been nothing but months of Will whose mind seems to have no relationship with its logic center, thinking crazy and doing something ludicrous and nonsensical to try and save his marriage. Frankly, as stupid and ridiculous as Will has been written for such an extended period of time I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Will hired those 2 gay bashers. It did get him want he wanted out of it - a bonding experience for Paul and his date which led to sex.  Hmmm....

Stories like Abby's is why Days and soaps in general can feel so damn dated to me. This isn't the 1940s.  Just because a woman is knocked up doesn't mean that she has to marry the alleged father. Especially in the case of Abby who thinks fidelity is some kind of bank. Hopefully, the officiant can change her vows to read: "to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until someone better comes along."

All this hand wringing over whose the daddy has been exhausting. In the process of arranging the results to make sure it came out not Chad, wouldn't Clyde want to know what the actual results were? Wouldn't that make life and his scheming easier?

Billy Flynn is a decent actor and has been doing a good job with the material given. The character of Chad however? My two main problems with him is his shit taste in women and also that he is what is passing as a Dimera these days. Sometimes I just feel like Chad is a kid playing dress up in the Dimera suit closet. A Sears 'bespoke' suit and sitting at a chessboard once in a while does not a Dimera make.

Whoever thought that the only person less awful or distasteful in this terrible triangle for me would be freaking mannequin Ben. Ben, you should have heeded Sami's warning though.  Yes he has been written to have a temper and he put a tracking device on Abby's phone but I don't see him as a bad person. Yes, his daddy is Clyde and I did think at the time that Ben was too quick to forgive, especially with Clyde throwing tuition and room/board money at him. However, Clyde was doing a good snowjob on him. He had actually stopped drinking, he was going to counselling and he was donating huge sums of money to charity. Ben is not at all privy to his dad's machinations and doesn't know about Abby's valuable land. He knows Abby cheated and has played the cuckold who hasn't thrown it in her face or thrown her out on her ass.

Nicole is being an idiot. Seriously, was she over it and out of love the day after some dude stomped on her heart, humiliated her or went back to his one true love?

OMG! Why are Serena and Xander still in my face?

Usually I would say better late than never with Kate finally having the scales fall from her eyes re: Clyde but damnit, Kate has been around the block (and on the corner) too many damn times to be just now starting to ask questions. Two kids don't just up and leave, move from city to city, changing aliases to get away from a stepdad just because he set their curfew at 10PM or made them eat broccoli. I think she must know about his drug business because didn't she get him or make a connection for him last year sometime?  

• Love 10

8/10/2015 Recap :)

Stefano/Chad

Stefano is in his living talking about the land in Ireland being his and how Chad has Abby in his hands.

Stefano is orchestrating classic music in his living room when Chad enters and slams the door. Stefano asks what's wrong and Chad says he's not in the mood for the music and Stefano asks why he's in a bad mood and Chad says he's just trying to do his damn job and Stefano asks if it has to do with Abby. Chad says nothing happened with Abby and nothing is going to happen and basically not going to keep going so Stefano can own some land. Stefano wants Chad to start at the beginning and Chad says he was an idiot on how he treated Abby and why would Abby trust him again. Stefano says she wouldn't be hurt if she truly cared and it's not over since Abby loves him. Chad says why is Abby marrying Ben then.

Stefano calls Abby foolish for choosing that dope over a DiMera. Chad says Abby made a choice to not be a part of this family which is what he didn't have and Stefano goes on and Chad yells at him that it's over and turns the music back on and leaves. Chad breaks his stick and says it can't be over.

Ben/Chad/Abby

Chad sees Ben and Abby hugging and Abby says she has to tell Ben something and Chad comes up and says that they look like they have something to celebrate. Ben says they are celebrating and Abby says Chad has been drinking and Chad says he has and has something to celebrate and flashes back to conversation with Abby. Abby wants to go but Chad pulls up a seat and sit at their table and asks if they want to know what he's celebrating which Ben doesn't care what he's celebrating but tells him that he and Abby are celebrating and tells Chad that Abby agreed to marry him. Chad says its big news but he doesn't see a ring on Abby's finger which Ben pulls out and slips on her finger as Chad watches. Ben thanks Chad for being a part of their special day and Chad offers to buy them a drink which Ben doesn't want but Chad insists quite loudly. Ben and Abby talk about how happy they are with Abby glaring at Chad. Chad says marriages in Salem are less successful than the national average. Chad says maybe they can beat the odds which Ben says he can count on it and Ben asks what is Chad celebrating.

Chad says Ben wouldn't be interested in what he's celebrating and Ben says try him. Chad talks about his brain and celebrating clarity and calls Ben lucky from the bottom of his heart he's happy for the both of them which Ben thanks him and Chad says he'll let them celebrate and leaves. Ben wants to have a toast over the DiMera champagne and Abby knows Chad ruined the moment but Ben doesn't care about Ben and how Chad isn't going to ruin their day. Ben prattles on about falling in love with Abby until Abby stops him and she tells him that she's pregnant. Ben is happy that she's pregnant and hugs Abby until he flashes back to Chad and Abby's convo in the backyard and Ben asks how far along is she.

Abby says she's about 8 weeks but hard to tell and says Ben is upset about the baby and Ben has one question for her and wants Abby to tell the truth. Abby says she would tell the truth and why wouldn't she which Ben flashes back to Abby and Chad's conversation on keeping their sex secret. Ben asks if Abby agreed to marry him because she's pregnant which Abby declines and Ben asks how long has she known and Abby says a while and Ben asks why didn't she tell him and Abby says she had to make sure and how Ben loves her and Ben asks if Abby feels trapped with him. Abby says she doesn't feel trapped and she's lucky and knows they didn't plan on starting a family yet but he's going to be an amazing father and hope their child is just like him. Ben asks if Jen knows and Abby says not yet. Abby says she's going to go and tell them and Ben tells her to go ahead and later they'll celebrate. They kiss and Abby says she loves him and leaves. Ben has a look on his face after she leaves.

Theresa/Brady/Eric

Brady says Theresa has been playing him like a fool which Theresa denies. Brady is calling the hospital as he knows every word out of her mouth is a lie and is through talking to her. Theresa says Brady owes her respect for being the mother of her child. Theresa says she's in pain and she wouldn't fake an injury and Theresa tells Brady to call Dr. Lee and Brady says he's calling Dan and Kayla and they'll get a different story. Theresa says Brady would ask Dan and Kayla to violate ethics and Brady says Theresa volunteered for a second opinion and Brady admits to hearing Theresa and Anne speaking.

Theresa says she exaggerated and Brady knows she lied and takes scissors out and tells Theresa to cut the cast off. Theresa cuts it off and apologizes which Brady calls noble of her and says lying to him is wrong and what Tate would think of her on what she tried to pull over her. Theresa says Tate would understand as she did it for the right reasons as no child should grow up without its mother and Brady knows that more than anyone. Theresa knows Brady doesn't want to see her which Brady agrees. Theresa says she's putting Tate's needs first and Brady says it's not about Tate and they both know it. Brady says it's about him and how she's chasing a happily ever after with a man that doesn't love her which Theresa calls cruel and Brady says it's the truth. Brady says they're not compatible and it gives him a headache seeing her and Eric walks in and asks what's going on and Brady explains what happened.

Eric shows sympathy towards Theresa saying Theresa is the mother of Brady's child and Brady says Theresa can live with Eric and Eric gets a call and says he has to go to the hospital since Caroline was taken there and Theresa and Brady follow.

Victor/Xander

Victor enters a shed with the guy that orders Xander around and Vic asks where's Xander as he's suppose to be there. Guy says Xander went to get fertilizer and they talk about how Xander is adjusting. The guy says that Xander is afraid to get his hands dirty which Victor finds laughable.

Xander is putting the mulch down in the shed when Vic approaches and makes a snarky comment and tells Xander to double his efforts and Xander says he will do whatever as long as Vic will trust him and Vic says they're a long way from that happening and goes to leave. Xander says he ran into Dan and Nicole. Vic tells him to keep a safe distance from the people he cares about as he's tired of cleaning up his mess and leaves but breaks a pot and tells Xander that's a mess he can clean.

Xander is on the ground and carves up a photo of Vic with a knife.

Xander/Nicole/Dan/Parker/Roman

Xander calls Nicole a lying bitch and ruining his life. Nicole hopes Xander isn't there to hurt her and Xander says he has an appointment and goes to leave which Nicole mocks him for doing manual labor and losing his finances which causes Xander to run towards her and ask her if she really thinks its over. Xander sees an unhappy future for her until Dan pushes Xander away and tells him to stay away from Nicole. Dan says he warned Xander to stay away from Nicole and Xander says Dan's ego is bigger than God and Xander mentions Vic and leaves which Dan tries to follow him but Nicole stops him.

Nicole explains about Xander working for Vic and Dan wants Xander in prison or in Siberia and plans on talking to Vic. Parker runs up and they have a family moment. Nicole and Parker are playing catch when Nicole throws the ball too far and Parker has to go and get it. Nicole knows Dan wants to talk to Vic and offers to stay with Parker and Parker comes back and Dan says goodbye to him and Nicole plays catch with Parker as she calls someone she needs to see.

Back at Dan's apartment, there's a knock at the door and it's Roman. Nicole tells Roman that Xander is working for Vic and Roman says they don't have evidence on the diamond smuggling and there's nothing to implicate Victor at this point either and Nicole says it's not a bad thing. Nicole hopes that Vic isn't involved in shady things with Xander as it will make things complicated if he is. Roman gets a call and says he'll be there as it's an emergency and he has to go and Roman leaves. Nicole goes over to Parker and ask that they make something special for Victor as soon he'll be her father-in-law.

Dan/Eric/Roman

Eric and Dan run into each other at the hospital and talk about Serena possibly leaving. Dan has to do a rain check on lunch and Dan has to go and will call Eric and he gets on the elevator and leaves. 

Eric is at The Pub eating when Roman sits and Eric says he was there to see Caroline but missed her and he's going to visit Theresa after and Roman says Theresa needs all the help she can get. They talk about Serena and about her leaving and Roman asks how does Eric feels which Eric says he sounds like Marlena and basically says he doesn't care for Serena.

Serena/Caroline/Kayla

Caroline wakes up and Serena says Caroline needs to go to the hospital as she's having a stroke. Serena is calling for help and that help is on the way. Serena and Kayla are speaking on the phone which Kayla thanks Serena for being there for her as Serena hears the sirens and says they'll be there soon. Serena relays Kayla's message to Caroline.

They arrive at the hospital and Kayla orders all the tests for Caroline and they take Caroline away. Serena explains what happened at the park and Kayla thanks Serena as Caroline has a shot at recovery because of her and walks off. 

Theresa, Brady, and Eric enter the hospital and talk to Kayla as Serena sneaks off so she's not seen. Theresa wants to see Caroline which Kayla says one visitor at a time. Eric asks what happened and Kayla wants to speak to Eric in the waiting room alone and they walk off. Theresa sees Caroline and is emotional.

They enter the waiting room where Serena is and Eric asks what she's doing there. Kayla says Caroline has a shot at making a full recovery because of Serena.

In Caroline's room Theresa says she's lost and how Caroline loves her despite her screwing up and understands why people gave up on her and Theresa says she gave up on herself as Brady is overhearing this and closes the door. (Last scene of the day)

Victor/Dan

Victor congratulates Dan on his engagement and Dan wants the topic back on Xander and Xander says his decision is wise. Dan says there's much more to Xander and Vic that Vic isn't telling anyone. Dan says he'll ask again and wants to know if theres anymore connection between Vic and Xander and Vic says he washed his hands of Xander and Dan says that's not what he asked and Vic says no which Dan says he doesn't believe him.

It's none of your fucking business you Dingy Ass Hippie!! Gosh, sit your dirty ass down somewhere and twitch. Vic is suppose to care about him, Dingy Hippie should be the first person on Victor's hit list to kill next to Mr. Rapey. Hell, kill two birds with one stone. Dingy you don't need to be knowing everyone's business. STFU!!! Bad enough we had to see you "save the day" yet again with Nicole and Xander.

Victor is still acting like a turd towards Xander. If Vic had broken a plant pot with me I would have broken one across his head. 

Look at that Dumbass Brady and Eeyore are about to have a change of heart towards Shrewena and Theresa. These two are so...I don't even know the word to use anymore.

Theresa is self aware on giving up on herself but now hopefully she finds some self-respect and tell Dumbass Brady to fuck off.

Jar Jar still a lying piece of shit, making her a complete and useless sack of shit. Mannequin asks for truth and Jar Jar says why wouldn't she tell the truth, yet she hasn't opened her mouth about opening her legs to a DiMera penis as she always does. Only a matter of time before she opens up to Stephono's wrinkly penis.

Chad instead of yelling at Stephono that it's over why don't you shoot him in the head and then kill Jar Jar, then you'll be redeemed.

What amazes me though is why everyone uses that ugly ass dangerous park as a shortcut. I mean these people act like crime just doesn't happen there, EJ was shot, Theresa was kidnapped, Gabi was almost raped, Martin was threatened, Rafe was assaulted by Mannequin. So why do people still go there to have a picnic and throw college parties? I would avoid that place by all means necessary. Xander was suppose to be picking up mulch and driving it back to Vic's, so why was he going through the park? When he was walking through the park there was no mulch in his hands, it magically appeared when he set it down in the shed. I would really like a good floor plan on what Salem looks like so I can have a clear cut idea on what that town looks like. So I won't be confused at times and how people teleport from one place to another in 3 seconds. I bet Salem's floor plan is as confusing as The Golden Girls house.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 7