Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So, Nov 9, 2015 is when the fun begins. LOL!!! Obviously, it's DOOL 50th Anniversary (actually, it's the day before on he 8th which is a Sunday) but we got the memo. It's funny that we are in July and they are mentioning it now. I also agree that the show will be cancelled in 2016. The show tapes so far in advance that it could possibly be seen well into 2017. I know that AMC, OLTL, ATWT & GL had notice but it wasn't too much longer after they left the airwaves. With Days, it will be on a lot longer unless NBC has them stop taping so far in advance sooner rather than later.

I hope that you guys are wrong and I don't want the show to get cancelled.....I bitch about the show because I want it to succeed...I gave up General Hospital like a bad habit for good after their current headwriter came onboard....I want the show to go back to it's roots and build from there....I would like to see Ari as a young woman, and  Tater tot as a young man...I hope we get more legacy children and grandchildren to keep the show going....

• Love 5

I hope that you guys are wrong and I don't want the show to get cancelled.....I bitch about the show because I want it to succeed...I gave up General Hospital like a bad habit for good after their current headwriter came onboard....I want the show to go back to it's roots and build from there....I would like to see Ari as a young woman, and  Tater tot as a young man...I hope we get more legacy children and grandchildren to keep the show going....

Me too.  

• Love 2

Me, three.  I would be so sad if Days was canceled.  And what would they put in it's place?  Another vapid talk show, judge show, or game show?  If so, then I won't be watching NBC at all.

Why don't the people in charge of soaps understand something very simple - it's the writing, stupid.  Give the audience good stories with interesting characters and they will watch (and get their friends, family, twitter followers, etc., to watch).  There's no way in hell I will evangelize for the likes of Abigail, Dr. Tan, or the other "good" hypocrites, or for the nonsensical plots, or for the general misogyny that infects the writing (here and on GH).  I wish NBC (and ABC) would see that there is still a soap-viewing audience out there that is worth investing in, but we want more than this.

New writers can only do so much.  How about giving them more reasonable writing schedules?  And give the actors, camera people, directors, set builders, and on, more reasonable shooting schedules?  I just don't understand how fast, fast, fast, and the subsequent decline in quality saves any money in the end, you know?

• Love 3

I don't want to see this show get cancelled either.   Have been watching for over 30 years (wow that amazes me) & I just can't seem to quit watching even when it's bad (it also reminds me of my aunt who used to watch as well & we'd always discuss the show whenever I saw her & everyone laughed at us because we talked about the characters like they were real people)

I'm cautiously optimistic about where the show is headed especially when the actors are tweeting about how they are loving the stories & that they can't wait for the audience to see it

Weirdly enough I enjoyed Paul hanging out with Brady & then with John - he's a lot easier to take when he's with them (although I still don't understand the use for John having another child)

• Love 3

I accidentally fell down the YouTube Rabbit Hole of Will/Sonny beginnings last night. Oh My Goodness they were good at first. What the hell happened? (Besides the recast which is a HUGE factor). I didn't realize Freddie was leaving.

I, too do not understand the hanging around Paul thing. I mean, it's a small town and being friendly is nice but this is overkill. Times 1,000. People, especially Sonny, should NOT be okay with Will and Paul parading around 1/2 naked.

JJ/Paige is so boring now. Get on with it either way. AARGH. 

• Love 4

I accidentally fell down the YouTube Rabbit Hole of Will/Sonny beginnings last night. Oh My Goodness they were good at first. What the hell happened? (Besides the recast which is a HUGE factor).

The writers decided it would be a good idea to completely change Will when they recasted. 

• Love 2

Will lacks in compassion toward anyone except his side piece cousin.

Ken Corday wanted to turn Will into Sami, despite Will not having the same backstory as hers. Plus, Ken Corday hates couples, he does not believe in them. He has destroyed every couple on the show....

Corday seems to like not chad and his brother's side piece for now.

• Love 2

Maxine was making me barf with her, "You can't do anything wrong" spiel to Jennifer.  Seriously, why is it so difficult for people to realize that Jenn and her spawn are actually not that nice?

The lure of 80s/90s Jennifer is still strong for me, so that does cloud my judgement, but it would be a lot less frustrating if characters would just allow Jennifer to take blame for her actions. She's acknowledged messing up numerous times, but annoying people like Maxine refuse to accept it. I think Jennifer is saying all the right things and MR is playing the right notes, but her cheerleaders, and the writers, insist on letting her off the hook.

I'm actually liking Jennifer's interactions with Paige since the fallout. MR is doing such good work with that.

• Love 3

I still can't get over how Jennifer treated Jack, it was so horrible...The idiots have never realized that it was Jack that made Jennifer palatable to the viewers. It was her undying faith and love for Jack that endeared her to the viewing public..I liked her before Jack, but she became special because of him...Once she got a taste of that Orange doctor, she became an insufferable bitch.....

• Love 5

Will is gross with his pretending to be Ben's friends while pimping Abigail and Chad.

I still can't get over how Jennifer treated Jack, it was so horrible...The idiots have never realized that it was Jack that made Jennifer palatable to the viewers. It was her undying faith and love for Jack that endeared her to the viewing public..I liked her before Jack, but she became special because of him...Once she got a taste of that Orange doctor, she became an insufferable bitch.....

So true but I do not blame the Orange Doctor after all she is no longer with him but still remain the same insufferable person.

• Love 1

The lure of 80s/90s Jennifer is still strong for me, so that does cloud my judgement, but it would be a lot less frustrating if characters would just allow Jennifer to take blame for her actions. She's acknowledged messing up numerous times, but annoying people like Maxine refuse to accept it. I think Jennifer is saying all the right things and MR is playing the right notes, but her cheerleaders, and the writers, insist on letting her off the hook.

I'm actually liking Jennifer's interactions with Paige since the fallout. MR is doing such good work with that.

I will give Jen a little credit for trying to take responsibility for some of her actions and seemingly meaning it. Unlike her stupid daughter who only pretends to own up to her bullshit so her cheerleaders will give her a pat on the head and tell her she's a good person.

• Love 6

I was so unbelievably sad when Nicole, fresh off of receiving the proposal she had dreamed of for so long (which she got without having to scheme to get it), goes home... and starts reading a magazine. Seriously? It is inconceivable to me that this woman has no friends. She couldn't talk to Rafe? If they can have Paige alienated from everyone, yet bring in Daphne everyday for her to interact with, they can have Sally (her co-worker from the TV station) be around as her girlfriend/confidant.

• Love 4

She tried to make it clear to Maxine in no uncertain terms yesterday that she thought her actions with Paige were bad, that's for sure.  She not only said it, she looked Maxine straight in the eye and declined Maxine's attempt to brush it off.  IMO there seems to be a bit of a change in how Jenn is being portrayed,  Maybe Melissa is trying to regain some control over her character and stop all this needless glorification.  She must be heartily tired of how the character she's played for so many years has been reduced in recent years to such a phony.  I hope this continues.  She's a good actress, Jenn can be a great character, so I hope Show not only lets her have flaws but stops from dismissing them as nothing while making everyone opposed to her into the Big Bad.

• Love 6

To be fair, Maxine doesn't actually know what she did, which probably makes it easier for her to just dismiss it.

I kind of want a storyline where Maxine meets a guy, starts dating him, and then he and Jennifer hit it off and have an affair/fall in love/whatever. Maybe then Maxine will chill the fuck out about Jennifer's purity.

• Love 3

Paul doesn't know Will blackmailed his mother.

@Rick Kitchen are you sure about that? Mr. Micat and I both remember Paul confronting Will about the blackmailing. I think he might have even asked what Sonny might think about it. But then that whole thing seemed to get dropped before it got back to Sonny, which is where I would have expected it to go, so maybe we're remembering it wrong. I did a little searching in past recaps but since I can't remember when it happened in relation to other things it's a bit difficult to track down.

• Love 2
(edited)

Paul does know about it and threatened to tell Sonny all about it..I think the show dropped pursuing Paulson because of Freddie's eventual departure..They took too long to move the triangle from point A to B..It should have been a story about Sonny and what the two men in his life mean to him. Instead it became all about Will and his insecurities...The story is very bad because it is all about Plot and not character-driven..Will is the evil schemer, Sonny is the idiot who is being duped by the schemer and Paul is the saintly one being kept away from his true love by the schemer..They should have had Sonny cheat with Sparkle and have Will struggle to forgive him....Will's scheming and desperation to get rid of Sparkle would have made more sense...

Edited by Apprentice79

Me, three.  I would be so sad if Days was canceled.  And what would they put in it's place?  Another vapid talk show, judge show, or game show?  If so, then I won't be watching NBC at all.

I don't want to see this show get cancelled either.   Have been watching for over 30 years (wow that amazes me) & I just can't seem to quit watching even when it's bad (it also reminds me of my aunt who used to watch as well & we'd always discuss the show whenever I saw her & everyone laughed at us because we talked about the characters like they were real people)

I'm with you guys, wholeheartedly. We've lost far too many soaps over the years, and I'd truly hate to see another one go. And on a personal note, this is the last soap I feel any kind of attachment to or investment in, ever since my beloved OLTL was cancelled. Even though Days is currently so terrible I don't watch it every day (somehow, B&B[!!] is the only one I watch regularly) losing it would be another sucker punch to the gut. And I've had too many of those in the last six years.

I can only hope that all of the networks learned something when every show ABC put on in OLTL's time slot proved a miserable failure: daytime viewers don't want to watch crappy talk shows. We wants soaps. Well-written, thought-provoking soaps.

• Love 7

I'm no Clyde fan but loved when he shut down Anne badmouthing a co-worker of the hospital. Then had to watch her backtrack was hilarious.  Why would anyone think that would be ok to say to a hospital benefactor? 

• Love 2

She tried to make it clear to Maxine in no uncertain terms yesterday that she thought her actions with Paige were bad, that's for sure.  She not only said it, she looked Maxine straight in the eye and declined Maxine's attempt to brush it off.  IMO there seems to be a bit of a change in how Jenn is being portrayed,  Maybe Melissa is trying to regain some control over her character and stop all this needless glorification.  She must be heartily tired of how the character she's played for so many years has been reduced in recent years to such a phony.  I hope this continues.  She's a good actress, Jenn can be a great character, so I hope Show not only lets her have flaws but stops from dismissing them as nothing while making everyone opposed to her into the Big Bad.

Melissa Reeves and Kassie DePaiva did a joint interview in SOD recently where they talked about working together and all of that. I think my favorite thing from it was MR saying that she wished Jen could realize that her kids are adults and need to take care of their own problems. As far as trying to take some control of Jennifer... why not? It has always seemed to me that actors enjoy playing the baddies more than the goodies.

It's hard to play a good guy. It just is because, more often than not, they come off as too preachy or too cloying and it's hard to relate to that after awhile. Villains are always more fun. They DO stuff. They cause problems. They are proactive. And the writing for the good guys, especially on soaps, has gotten downright shitty over the years. It's disappointing because you need your moral tentpoles in these towns where crazy shit happens all the time but writers don't seem to be able to tell the difference between righteous and self-righteous. They don't seem to dig too deep to figure out WHY a person is a good person... WHY they choose to do the right thing rather than the easy thing. They just tend to go 'this is the good person and we'll have everyone say so' and... what do you do with THAT?!

Not much.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm no Clyde fan but loved when he shut down Anne badmouthing a co-worker of the hospital. Then had to watch her backtrack was hilarious.  Why would anyone think that would be ok to say to a hospital benefactor? 

I love Anne and I am so happy that she has survived the new headwriters and that she is still part of the show..I wish that they would give her more depth....I like her friendship with Theresa...Who would we pair her with? Lucas, Abe, or somebody brand new...It would be cool if Bill Horton had had an affair with her mother breaking up her parents marriage..It could explain why she hates the Horton Family..I loved that Bill was mentioned recently, maybe he will come back for  a visit..I know that he would love his first Great-granddaughter Arianna...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I love Anne and I am so happy that she has survived the new headwriters and that she is still part of the show..I wish that they would give her more depth....I like her friendship with Theresa...Who would we pair her with? Lucas, Abe, or somebody brand new...It would be cool if Bill Horton had had an affair with her mother breaking up her parents marriage..It could explain why she hates the Horton Family..

I love Anne too (and her amazing hair!) and it'd be great if they'd flesh out her background a bit. As for pairings, I think she and Lucas could be fun - she's the right height for him and could bring back his feistier side (not that we need yet another troublemaker on this show, but current sad sack Lucas doesn't seem to jive with what I've read of his earlier characterization). I guess what I'm trying to say is that Sami's troublemaking always seem to bring out a spark in him, and maybe Anne could do the same.

• Love 3

I  agree, but Sami's darkness scared Lucas alot because it reminded him too much of Kate..I wish the show would fully explore the mother/son dynamic between Kate and Lucas..Out of all of her kids, she has hurt him the most, used him as errand boy, underestimating him at times. Underneath it all, Lucas craves his mother's love and approval..I loved that complexity in their relationship...I thought that Tomsell would explore that with Kate stealing his job, but as usual they dropped the ball....

• Love 1
(edited)

7/23/2015 Recap :)

Eric/Nicole

Eric talks about Serena possibly knowing about their kiss and Eric says that Serena ran into Nicole and Eric thinks that Serena may have followed them and how Serena was tipped off by what Nicole said. Nicole said she didn't tell Serena anything and how she told Serena that she would ruin her career and thinks Serena is fishing. Eric says Serena seems sure of herself and Nicole says "seem" is the operative word and asks if Eric said anything which Eric says he didn't. Nicole says that Eric is a great guy but he's a terrible liar because he always tells the truth. Nicole thinks Serena is bluffing and Eric says they'll stick together and sees the ring on Nicole's finger. Eric asks if she's engaged to Dan which Nicole confirms. Eric says that Nicole didn't say anything and Nicole says Dan sprung it on her today and she was going to tell Eric as that's why she told him to stay. Eric asks if she's happy which Nicole says she is.

Nicole says what happened that night means something different to her than it does Eric. Eric thought it would be a new beginning for them. Nicole says she's not Eric's type which Eric disagrees but he's happy for Nicole and Eric. Nicole says nothing is going to ruin it and if Serena does she'll destroy her. Nicole says they're not going to say anything to anyone which Eric agrees. Eric says Nicole has the most to lose if it gets out as he cares about her. He hugs her and says congratulations which Nicole thanks him and Eric leaves. Nicole says Serena is next.

Serena/Brady

Brady says he's not going to chat with Serena and Serena talks about him speaking about Dan and they care about Eric and notices that something is bothering Eric. Brady says Serena can help Eric by putting Xander behind bars and Serena says she has tried everything and knows how much he loves Eric and Brady says they're gonna get one thing straight and wants Serena to stay away from Eric as he made it clear to her at that apartment. Brady asks about this project Serena has and Serena says it's a grant and Brady asks if the grant is from the hospital because he sits on the board and if Serena thinks that he won't step in the way to prevent it from happening Serena has another thing coming.

Serena says it's not from the hospital it's from a university and nothing Brady can do about it and Brady says he's a Kiriakis, he can do lots of things. Serena says she still cares for Eric and Brady thinks Serena planted the diamonds on Eric which Serena denies and says that if Eric is having a problem it's something that's recent and that someone else is causing and walks off on Brady.

Paige/Jennifer/Kyle/Bev

Jen thinks that Paige is talking about Rory and Paige says she's not talking about Rory. Jen says how does Paige know and Paige says she just thought that Jen should know but doesn't want to elaborate anymore. Paige tells Jen to talk to JJ and it's none of her business when Jen was asking about it. Jen appreciates Paige telling her as Paige just walks off.

Paige is walking through the Square when Kyle calls her and they agree to meet at TBD. After hanging up Bev approaches Paige and wants to know what kind of game she's playing. Bev says Paige is flirting with Kyle to make JJ upset and now having coffee with Kyle who isn't her type. Paige says Bev doesn't know who her type is but she's going to tell Bev something that she should be happy about. Paige says that Bev can go after JJ since she might have a shot which Bev is sarcastic about getting Paige's permission. Paige warns Bev about JJ which Bev tells Paige to stuff her warning and to go cry to someone else. Paige says they deserve each other and to not introduce JJ to Bev's mother.

Kyle is on the phone and talks to someone about the drop off when Paige arrives. They chat and Kyle tells her to enter the restaurant while he makes a call.

JJ/Kyle

JJ says he's don with Paige and he's done with this and Kyle pretty much dismisses JJ. JJ says suit himself and Kyle says where is JJ going and invites him to sit down as he was just testing JJ. Kyle asks for the list of customers as he wants to buy it from him and work on opportunities together and wants JJ to drop something off to Kyle's brother and JJ doesn't want to be an errand boy and Kyle says he's not errand boy he's doing a favor and can be trusted if he can deliver the merchandise. Kyle says he'll be in touch as JJ leaves.

Anne/Clyde/Abby/Kayla/Chad

Clyde meets Anne in the break room as Clyde was looking forward to meet Anne as she's going to give him a tour of the hospital and Anne says she will do anything for the hospital's biggest donor. Clyde says he might donate more money but has questions for Anne first. Clyde talks about charity that Jordan started which Anne talks Jordan up even though almost forgetting her name. Anne says that Abby isn't the smartest bulb on the project which Clyde says that Abby is living with Ben and that she might become family.

Anne says Abby isn't stupid just inexperienced and says Abby is capable. Anne offers a tour and Clyde has more questions as he has his attention towards another department of the hospital which is prenatal care. Anne says it's interesting and Clyde says that his late wife was carrying a child when she died and talked about how she died which Anne is sorry and she's still not making a connection to prenatal care. Clyde talks about his late wife getting an amniocentesis and honoring her memory by donating money to women who can't afford that test and would like Anne to show him that department which Anne agrees and they leave the break room.

They finish with the tour and Clyde likes the lab. Abby arrives and Clyde says he'll be in touch as Anne leaves. Clyde runs into Abby and tells her that he's looking for her. Abby asks why and Clyde apologizes for barging in earlier on Abby and Hope and how she also is making Ben happy. They chat some more about Ben when Kayla approaches and talks to Clyde about him giving a donation which Clyde says he's going to do when Kayla beeper goes off and she has to go. Clyde walks when Chad gets off the elevator and goes to a nurse as he's looking for Abby and the nurse tells him she's in her office as Clyde overhears.

Chad enters Abby's office and Abby asks what he wants and Chad says they have to talk.

Kayla/Abby

Abby is in her office when Kayla enters and Abby says she's doing fine and still freaking out about who the father of her baby is. Kayla thinks it's good that Abby is getting her feelings out as she has a decision to make. Abby says for Kayla to get back to her once she finds out if Chad is the father of her baby. Kayla wants Abby to be honest with herself as when Abby talks about Chad which Abby blabbers on about disliking Chad. Kayla says Abby's feelings for Chad are unresolved. Kayla says she's worried about Abby and wants her to be honest with her feelings. Kayla says when they do the paternity test Abby better prepare in case she doesn't get the results she wants. Abby says once she gets the truth, she can wake up from this nightmare.

Chad/Stefano

Chad enters the living room talking about how much he misses Sami and how she doesn't want him to see his grandchildren and how she's lost without EJ. He says EJ & Sami are like Chad & Abby. Chad says don't go there and he wants Stefano to stop ragging on Abby and Stefano says he's just telling the truth and how Sami had that passion for EJ or vice versa. Chad says it's too late to play cupid as Abby is with Ben. Stefano says Sami was with Rafe and how EJ & Sami hated each other and does Chad want that with Abby.

Now playing chess, Chad talks about Stefano wanting him and Abby and about the property in Ireland and Stefano says it's about Chad being with the woman he loves and will do anything to make it happen.

JJ/Jennifer

JJ arrives home and calls DEA Watts about the delivery as it's drug money and JJ wants to know what to do which JJ is suppose to do as he's told. JJ hangs up and Jen is standing there and asks JJ what has he gotten himself into. Jen says she heard about JJ hanging with a drug dealer and wants JJ to explain and wants the truth. JJ wants to sit down and tell her. JJ talks about the DEA approaching him and working for them. JJ says Watts and Roman got him involved and how she can't tell Hope or anyone. JJ says that he had to tell her since he put her through a lot and Jen is scared that something could happen to JJ.

JJ tells her not to be scared as he's going to get trained and how he's already talked to Kyle. JJ says he has to do this which Jen understands. JJ says it's important to him as he sold drugs and caused him to hurt people and if he does it'll make up for the bad things he's done. Jen says that it's about Paige. Jen says that doing this won't change anything as Paige wants no part of JJ as she's starting a new life. JJ says she's starting a life with a drug dealer. They chat back and forth about Paige with Jen says JJ going undercover should be about what's right not about Paige. JJ gets a text from Kyle (didn't catch what it said).

Eric/Brady

Eric is home when Brady knocks and enters and tells him that he thought about Eric and they're gonna talk. Brady knows Eric is struggling with something big and Eric says what does Brady care. Eric says that there is something going on and Brady has to promise to keep it a secret. Brady promises not to tell and Eric says it's Nicole as he's fallen in love with her again which Brady almost rolls his eyes. (Last scene of the day)

Serena/Nicole

Serena is at her hotel when there's a knock and Nicole just walks in after Serena opens the door. Nicole says they're gonna talk and she knows that Serena talked to Eric and that it's going to get her nowhere. Nicole says Serena is stirring up trouble and what does it get her. Serena hopes that it gets Nicole off her back and not publish the article. Serena says she hooked up with Xander and how she needed to get the diamonds or Xander would kill Eric and Nicole was pigheaded to heed her warning. Nicole tells Serena to calm down and will help her. Nicole tells Serena to stay away from her, Dan, Brady, Eric, and everybody as it should be easy for her, as she should be tired of being told off by them.

Serena wants to know how Nicole can help her. Nicole says she heard about Serena's job, Nicole says if she write the article Serena won't get the job and can't have one. Nicole says she won't write one word as long as she goes away and can go to another continent and leave Eric and everyone else alone. Serena says Nicole is scared to death and what is she scared of.

Anne/Kayla

Anne enters the break room as she's looking for Dr. Burns and how he told her to give Clyde a tour. Anne thinks that Clyde will be making a donation which Kayla asks how does she know and Anne says she's not too sure because they ran into Abby and had to cut their talking short which Kayla snarkly says too bad and leaves.

Please Stephono, Jar Jar wishes she was as interesting and entertaining as Sami and he sounded stupid comparing Sami/EJ to Chad/Jar Jar. That's comparing apples and oranges, they don't come even close to being compared. Writers are really working extra overtime to try and make Chad/Jar Jar the "IT" couple. Sorry writers they're not going to be the next Hope/Bo or Sami/Lucas, etc. Nope, nope, nope.

Oh Jar Jar, STFU, you created your own damn nightmare, too damn bad Freddy Krueger isn't there to put a permanent end to it. We once again have different characters talking about Jar Jar and Sami said it best: "One more person talks to me about poor little Abby, I swear to God my head is going to explode!"

Brady please trying to use your pull to possibly prevent Serena from doing a job. You're such the female charmer and then we have AssCole telling Serena to leave. I find it so funny how they keep telling Serena that she needs to leave them alone yet most of the time they're popping up at her hotel room. I really hope Serena finds out the whole truth and spills the beans on it all.

Why was Kayla being a bitch to Anne when Anne said that Clyde might donate money? Kayla found out herself that Clyde is going to donate so didn't get the bitchy behavior from Kayla in regards to Anne in the break room. That hospital is such an unprofessional place.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

LMAO the writers are so desperate to prop Abifail and her insipid "romance" with Chad that they're comparing it to EJ and Sami. Abifail will never be anywhere near as entertaining as Sami and if Chad were really like EJ he would've thrown Abifail in a sewer. 

• Love 4

I will admit. I actually enjoyed today's episode.

Anne was amazing as always, and regardless of how unprofessional it was, I enjoyed her dig on Abigail. Someone's gotta say it.

The actor who plays Kyle is pretty good.

I enjoyed Paige and Bev's little back and forth, and even Serena and Nicole were mildly entertaining.

• Love 2

The guy who plays Kyle is good, which of course means he probably won't be around for long.  I also enjoyed Paige and Bev's conversation, especially Paige's parting shot about keeping JJ away from Bev's mother. 

Brady's day just isn't complete until he threatens a woman, is it?  What an insufferable douche.

And another day where nearly everyone who isn't sharing a scene with Abigail has to talk about Abigail.  I hate this character so much.  *cries*  Days needs a good ol' fashioned lab explosion, with Abigail and the hillbilly as the only victims.

Isn't this a lame duck soap overall, really? I can't help thinking that the re-introduction of vets and the gearing up for the 50th anniversary shows (or the centennial of the town, if you will) are just a way of wrapping up the show in anticipation of its cancellation in 2016. (This is only speculation on my part, but it feels somehow inevitable.)

I've been thinking the same thing myself. It is just too bad Days couldn't get a better writer to go into that good night right. 

Including today I am about 3 episodes behind so blessedly I have yet to see the Abby-centric episode.

My favorite scenes by far were Eric and Eve which WHAT??!!? I am always a little leery of Eric and Eve scenes because I fear that they are testing them to be paired romantically and just no that is just more of the same but worse. Plus, we get the re-intro of that damn moaning instrumental. If Eric can't handle Nicole he for damn sure can't handle Eve. However, I do always wind up liking their scenes because they wind up playing out platonically and quite well together. I think the Eve/Jen was the most affected by the new writing staff. They seemed to put the complete brakes on Eve gaslighting Jen storyline and for that I am grateful. This is not to say that I don't love a good gaslighting story. I think out of all soap tropes, that could possibly be one of my favorites and it isn't done near enough. However, I just never felt the history and beef between them rose to the level of justifying this. Just too stupid for words for Eve to go around claiming that her sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend is all Jen's fault and now Jen must be punished by making her think she suffers from the same mental illness as her mother. Come on!

I really liked the way Eve came to the realization that what she was doing was wrong and having her do it opposite Eric just really really worked for me. If there is one criticism is that I doubt it would have happened so quickly in the span in minutes. I don't often give kudos to the show but Kudos! 

I had a feeling that if Bo came back Aiden's 

past would be resurrected and darkened to make him a villain to clear the path for a Bope reunion. Ugh! Also why we are seeing a halt to Rafe/Hope.

Cody Banks Secret Agent is ON THE JOB.  Yep, this is gonna go well.  JJ is cute and JJ can be lovable, but nobody has ever said, other than Maxine, I'm sure at some point, that JJ is smart.  And if this is the best idea the Feds can come up with to stop the drug trade in Salem then just start passing the weed around Horton Square and let everyone have a toke.

IDK, I'm thinking JJ as narc for the feds as more 21 Dumb Street.

I actually think the actor playing Kyle is pretty good with just the right amount of slime and slightly rodent like qualities to make the role pop. Good casting.

Is it me or is anyone else noticing the wardrobe and makeup change with Paige? It is like they are making her slightly edgier/vampier but not quite all out sexier. She is wearing more daring clothing and strong colored lipstick, nail polishes. I really hate that an alleged such a smart girl is doing such a dumb thing. Cutting her nose off (which is already damn near non-existent) to spite her face. Typical sexist fare as far as storytelling goes too. Girl gets wronged by dude and gets herself mixed up with an even worse dude and has to be saved by the 1st dude that wronged her. Hey, maybe original dude ain't so bad after all. Is that the moral of the story?

Can't even with Nicole. Stuck between Jonas of Nazareth and Pope Eric the Pious. Of course Eric is less worse by default but who are we kidding both choices set her up for always lacking & never being good enough. This engagement is just the lull before Daniel's raging indignation of being maliciously betrayed in the worst possible way. Spare me.

I need both Serena and Xander to be either on or crushed under the 1st thing smoking out of Salem post haste. The elephant has been smashed, why are they still here?

• Love 9

I will admit. I actually enjoyed today's episode.

Anne was amazing as always, and regardless of how unprofessional it was, I enjoyed her dig on Abigail. Someone's gotta say it.

The actor who plays Kyle is pretty good.

I enjoyed Paige and Bev's little back and forth, and even Serena and Nicole were mildly entertaining.

Clyde agrees with Ann I am sure since he has called her worse.

• Love 1

I love that Paige goes and tattles to Jennifer and then when Jennifer wants details, says, "It's none of my business."  Then why bring it up?

Way to backtrack, Anne.  She is awesome.

Why is Abigail dressed like a nun? I had to laugh that Chad didn't think to look for Abigail in her office, of all places.

• Love 1

. Stuck between Jonas of Nazareth and Pope Eric the Pious. Of course Eric is less worse by default but who are we kidding both choices set her up for always lacking & never being good enough. This engagement is just the lull before Daniel's raging indignation of being maliciously betrayed in the worst possible way. Spare me.

Islandgal140, your whole post is gold, but Jonas of Nazereth and Pope Eric the Pius - platinum.  Brilliant!!

• Love 4
(edited)

This is why we love nicknames.  I almost read that as Eric the Priapus.  Of the unholy sort of course.  It's not as if Eric can have sex unless it's a woman using him, so we're supposed to think the fondling in the heat shaft was That Important.  There he was wearing the grey again announcing in a ten year old's voice, I fell in love again, with a ten year old's face sucking his lips in.  I wish she's just kick him.

Of course Brady barges in on Eeyore and Nicole barges in on Shreweena.  Same story, different day.

Kayla and Jar Jar.  I thought the door was open initially.  I thought Kayla was going to start necking her while talking over her right shoulder, and Jar Jar's face looked very weird in that close up.

Speaking of evesdropping Nicole said the word yet couldn't figure out Shrew overheard her and Eric?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Don't get me wrong; it's not that I want the show to be cancelled. I just find the messaging about "bringing the show back to its roots" kind of transparent in a way that I now think of as both cynical and usual for Ken "I Am So The Boss Of You" Corday.

I love "Pope Eric the Priapic/Pious" and "Jonas of Nazareth," too. And also "Roman and his pet hairpiece, Jawn" from upthread a little.

• Love 1

Jonas of Nazareth and Pope Eric the Pious

Hahahahahaa! That's funny. Will St. Paul be writing a letter (while shirtless) to the Corinthians to see if they will donate to his charity? Salem is a rather biblical town when you think about it.

• Love 4

This is how wierd it's gotten in Salem.  JENN made more sense, was less annoying than almost everyone else.  JENN.   And I'm the one saying that.  JENN.

But this was mostly just another day of moaning and bitching and whining and crazy Eric and fear of erections, Bonehead Brady bullying his way through the day - what a laugh that he'd make sure Serena didn't get the job because he's "one the board".  Brady doesn't ever go to work, and I can't imagine he goes to board meetings.  And what the hell kind of hospital would have him on their board anyway?

And we've got the Angel of Death, aka Paige roaming around town or lurking in the bushes.  I get her being beyond angry and hurt, but it sure is boring to watch.  And Cody Banks Secret Agent shouldn't stand a chance against the perhaps creepy but rather sexy Kyle Southern.  Now HE'S the guy Eve should have gone after.

At least we didn't have to see Julie or Doug today.  She's probably trying to fit into her dominatrix outfit while poor Doug is wondering where he left his dog collar.  There's something wrong with those two and all those "cruises".  Yeah, sure.....

Ann was fab as always.  Love how she struggled to remember Jordan's name.  Shouldn't someone be walking behind Clyde in the hospital spraying air freshner?  The guy is skank.

• Love 4
(edited)

At least we didn't have to see Julie or Doug today.  She's probably trying to fit into her dominatrix outfit while poor Doug is wondering where he left his dog collar.  There's something wrong with those two and all those "cruises".  Yeah, sure.....

Now I have a mental image of Doug with a ball gag in his mouth. It is not an unpleasant image.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3
It should have been a story about Sonny and what the two men in his life mean to him. Instead it became all about Will and his insecurities.
THIS. So very much this.

I would have really enjoyed that story. There wouldn't have necessarily been a "bad guy" in that situation. A lost love returns who is now ready to face who he is and what he wants vs the man you fell in love with and have a family with but has issues/baggage. I could stomach that story much better than this horrible version of Will. 

I agree that the writers are trying to make Will into Sami...to disastrous ends. It's not working. He's just a whiner. Sami wasn't a whiner. 

Watching the old scenes makes everything that's going on now look worse to the 1000th degree. All the acting and writing choices are glaringly horrendous in comparison. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Paul doesn't know Will blackmailed his mother.

RickKitchen, Paul knows, Sonny doesn't. During one of their recent confrontations, Paul told Will that if he didn't stop being a weasel, he would tell Sonny that Will blackmailed his mom. Paul finding that out happened off-screen, though. I just mention it because it annoys the crap out of me that Sonny doesn't know that yet.

The only thing to enjoy about that mess of boring episodes was Chad and Ari, talking about Grace. That was lovely, and actually inspired me to take to youtube and start delving into the baby swap storyline. Wow, that was pretty fantastic.

This week, though? Stab me in the eye. Nicole groveling to the Lord of the Douche People (yes, he is this show's Ryan Lavery), the endless propping of Abigail (she's obviously Babe, at least no one has busted out with "Abby is love") (yet)... ugh I was so bored!!!! I have to give James Reade credit though -- his scenes as Clyde figured out what was going on weren't riveting, but I didn't want to stab myself. He's a good actor. They never should have made Clyde a rapist -- a good, long-term power struggle where the next generation of Kiriakis and DiMera takes over and unite (temporarily) against a common enemy would be interesting. Unlike this week.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 3
a good, long-term power struggle where the next generation of Kiriakis and DiMera takes over and unite (temporarily) against a common enemy would be interesting
I very much agree with this. Using history in the present is always welcome. In this case it would be exciting. '

I always thought that should have happened with the Will/Nick baby situation, too. Horntons, Bradys, DiMeras, Kiriakis...all temporarily banding together to help Will get that baby and "get" Nick. You know...dramatic and entertaining...more so than what actually went down.

• Love 5
(edited)

They had to neuter Sami, Kate, Lucas, EJ, Victor, Sonny to make Nick a villain....Nick should never have been able to get away with the stunts that he pulled on them, in his efforts to get Arianna for himself...Written in character, Sami and Kate would have had him for lunch without much effort..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5