Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Congrats on the 15 years, madhacker! And congrats on seeing Criss close up, too.

He performed at market days on Halsted in Chicago a few years ago and that was a treat. I like him but not as much as Jonathan Groff / Jesse St James : )

Ugh I'm so not surprised that Will cheated in LA he's weak and manipulative. Sami, Sonny, the side pieces- no one is to blame but Will and his weak ass desperation to feel desired or have a touch of power. That what it comes down to when he strayed. He wanted the power even to Sonny and that was why he used others and/or let himself be used because it made him feel important and did something shady to marginalize his husband.

• Love 2

Say what now? Did Will really cheat on Sonny in LA?  I know people were speculating, but I didn't think that would turn out to be real. Although I suppose maybe the writers read the speculation and decided they finally had a way for Will's inability to control himself with Paul with not much remorse afterwards make more sense.

• Love 1

I love that Will thinks he's smarter then everyone else but Sonny figured things out--figured Will out--fairly quickly and how funny was Will's trying to grab Sonny and explain, "It was only one time?"  Just like the one time with Paul and it was meaningless right?  Sonny was also right in saying that Will thinks that his leaving LA means he can escape his lies and that's why he wants Paul to leave town.  In Will's mind, if his mistakes aren't right in front of him, he can ignore that he is a lying, cheating and remorseless jerkface.

• Love 10

Sami, Sonny, the side pieces- no one is to blame but Will and his weak ass desperation to feel desired or have a touch of power.

I love how every time Will does something stupid Sami gets blamed. "Oh look at Will, he's acting JUST LIKE Sami." I guess Lucas and Kate never lied and schemed and manipulated or tried to kill people. Nope, just Sami. Sami is the sole reason why Will is the way he is. Bullshit. Just because Will didn't have the best upbringing thanks to Sami AND Lucas AND Kate doesn't mean he doesn't know right from wrong. People with worse childhoods than him manage to grow up and be normal people. Will is an adult and what he does is on him.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't like Sami being blamed for Sneasel's behavior. You don't always have to act like your parents or go your parent's route on doing things. It's like blaming the parent when the child smokes a cigarette which I know for a fact can't be blamed because my mom smokes and most of my family and friends smoke and I don't. Sneasel is no Sami at all, Sami has a brain and more entertaining to watch. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 8
(edited)

Ken Corday's attempts to make Will and Theresa the new Sami failed miserably, no surprise there, but his continuing to have everyone blame Sami, who is no longer in Salem, for everything is even worse.  It just highlights how pathetic the writing is that they can't give characters their own motivations.  They just lazily and lamely reach for the blame Sami excuse.

Daniel should not be in Nicole's SL at all.  Daniel should not exist, but on to way more important things.  When Eric broke up with Nicole, Nicole should have hooked up with Brady and gotten pregnant.  Kristen stole Nicole's baby.  Nicole and Eric eventually get back together, and then Nicole/Brady get their baby back from Kristen.  Eric/Nicole are married, and Nicole/Brady are parents.

The writers have been consistent when it comes to Wilson in one area.  Wilson just like every other couple on this show was completely ruined with one of their lame so called shocking twists.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

I don't like this Eric all of a sudden wanting Nicole now, just because they almost died. It should show that they shouldn't be mad at each other and forgive one another and remain friends. Don't always need a relationship and Eric should want to lay off relationships for a while or wanting anyone for the time being because the women in his life have lied and manipulated him, even being raped by that Kritter. Writers never want to go outside the box, they like to stay within it and create the same story over and over. I'm really not in the mood to see Eeyore & Dark Roast fight over Nicole.

• Love 6

I guess this explains finally Will's irrational defense of Jar Jars cheating, lies, and chronic self righteousness in the wake of gleefully destroying his own mother's family and ursuping of his aunt's marriage. Because deep down he understands her black heart.

And I'm sorry not sorry, having some insecurities in your own marriage, and someone being hot and down to f, and having a mother with a shitty relationship history...none of those excuse breaking his vows -not once -but 3 times. That's on Will and he is a grown ass man with agency.

And sorry not sorry any diologue or story the writer will promote that Will is the New Sami or Abby and Chad are the new EJami is not going to work. Like Sami or not she and the actress were in from when she was a child and she was shown failing and suffering much humiliation and adversity so there were more layers and investment in what happened to her. She may have been hell on wheels but she was at least interesting. And sometimes owned her shit MMV. I am not rooting for will or jar jar because they are unrepentant and unamusing fucktwits and I am DONE.

Also whoever brought up Dan's sleeze yes he is every bad word not allowed here. Basically a trashy skeezer who creeps and loves hooking up with his patients which is disgusting. He reminds me of gross ass Stitch from Y&R who slept his way through an entire family in months and is still some good guy but a nasty ass womanizer.

• Love 9
(edited)

Aww poor Eric having to spy Daniel and Nicole kissing. He might not want to stare directly too long at them or else they will need to check him back into the hospital and wheel his ass back to intensive care. 

Enjoying Brady briefly during the conclusion of the elephant story just highlights how much I hate his present story. It is doing neither him nor Theresa any favors. I find the dynamic both of them seem to be stuck in together makes them both unlikeable and unpleasant.  I wish Days could afford more sets because when Brady threatened to move out when dictating to Victor just who can and can't live in Victor's own damn house, I just wanted Victor to call down Henderson and direct him to pack all of Brady and Theresa's belongings into black trash bags and throw them onto the curb and bye Felicia both their asses. Tate can stay until their homeless asses find lodging. The nerve of that blockhead to move her in without even asking. How entitled. 

Wow, I am really wondering where the conversation of Theresa ain't going to work is going. I do hope it goes in the direction that she took some time off to bond with her baby. If she think she is entitled to live of Black/Kiriakis dime, that is not the way to Brady's heart. I will reserve judgment. 

So Nicole was choked for half a Salem day and both Eric and Nicole were damn near roasted alive by Xander but Victor has to call and check on Daniel because he has had a rough 24 hours? OK.

Will must be doing that new math. He sleep with some dude in LA and Paul but it was only the one time. Might as well get Daniel to issue and death certificate and blow taps over that marriage. No one character has been more destroyed by the outgoing regime than Will. The actor isn't the best but the material has been absolutely atrocious and I doubt a young actor of Andrew Garfield or young Johnny Depp could've sold this mess.

Not at all surprised Derrick was fired from the Salem Inn.   All he seemed to do was hang around the hallway outside Paul's door. If he did any less around there it would probably be considered haunting. But he is cute.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5
(edited)

I guess I don't even listen to the Sami-Blaming because floppy haired teen Will was a straight arrow who never wanted to follow his parents' mistakes.  He didn't feel entitled because the Greater Horton Family never treated him that way.  And he spent several years in Rafe's cramped apartment with no kitchen taking care of his younger siblings. Yes, his mother and Kate covered for him but I think we can agree this isn't the Will we knew.

ETA Now that I think about it, Will really didn't move in on Mia and was very reluctant about Gabi.  I can't credit Days for putting the slowest burn ever on creating a gay storyline years and years in advance but it really came together.  Then it took another year for Chandler to speak frankly to Jackson while he gently held back his feelings and allowed Will to express his.  Mar did some of her best work ever. The reactions of Sami and Lucas as parents were pretty realistic.  The wedding was incredibly beautiful, all notes hit, even the understated cake.  All of that is why this repetitive storyline is so awful.  Go Sonny, Go.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 6

ETA Now that I think about it, Will really didn't move in on Mia and was very reluctant about Gabi.  I can't credit Days for putting the slowest burn ever on creating a gay storyline years and years in advance but it really came together.  Then it took another year for Chandler to speak frankly to Jackson while he gently held back his feelings and allowed Will to express his.  Mar did some of her best work ever. The reactions of Sami and Lucas as parents were pretty realistic.  The wedding was incredibly beautiful, all notes hit, even the understated cake.  All of that is why this repetitive storyline is so awful.  Go Sonny, Go.

This is just about the most perfect posting about the difference between the Will we saw for all those years and this current Sneasel imposter.  Even when he did something underhanded, or more accurately, attempted to do so, his ambivalence was always evident.  And that ambivalence almost always made him inept at it, since he really didn't want to do it.  Now we've got this desperate guy, lying at every opportunity, contradicting his own reasoning, betraying everyone without any thought except about himself.  Show couldn't have messed up a character more thoroughly if had tried to do it deliberately.  And I don't think it is deliberate.  It just seems like a plot they wanted to portray and stuck this "Will Horton" character in it whether he fit or not.

I agree that the elephant storyline has more life to it now than it ever had.  But even so, I'm impatient with it, since it looks to once again focus on Eric and his tortured tiny little mind and shifting desires.  And once again, Nicole is going to get the short end of the stick.  Eric, go choke on your rosary - and Daniel, just STFU.  Even today, when Nicole said that Eric should tell Daniel everything that happened, know-it-all Daniel said "Don't bother, I know EXACTLY what happened".  No, he didn't because he got it all wrong.  Just STFU and die, Daniel.

I guess I should have liked Maggie's takedown of Theresa more than I did.  But I didn't.  Everything she said to her was true, or at least mostly true, but the only part I really enjoyed was Theresa's wholehearted acknowledgement to Maggie that she was a force in her own right.  

I just find Maggie an unpleasant person.  She's so full of herself, and so in awe of her own wonderful self, and yet such a spiteful, unforgiving, judgemental person.  She's cruel, backbiting, and such a fake that her passing her judgement on Theresa, no matter how right she might be about the facts, left a bad taste in my mouth.  Maggie really isn't a good person.  She only extends herself to those she's already judged to be good enough and fast to turn on anyone who doesn't seem to find her rather creepy imitation of a good little girl charming.  Frankly, I could easily see her as that nice old lady down the street who sticks pins in Halloween candy.  

I wouldn't let her be alone with Tate ever.  There's something not right about her.

• Love 6
(edited)

Bravo Boes and QuelleC, you have both articulated why Ken Corday sucks, he allowed this destruction of Will, a kid that we saw grow up in real time...Will might be one of the few legacy children that actually grew up on the show..We know him, we have seen the  fierce battles between Kate, Lucas and Sami over him..We saw him struggle with his complex feelings for his mother,  due to her schemes and antics. We were overjoyed at seeing his joy, when his parents got married. He finally got the family and stability that he always longed to have...We were there to witness his dark struggle with his sexuality, with Sonny there as a beacon of light;to show him that one can be gay, happy and fulfilled in life..He was not define as a man, solely by his sexuality.His wedding last year to me was supposed to be the start of a new phase  in the life of Will Horton and the beautiful family that he created with Sonny and Arianna...What was the point of undoing this? What does Ken Corday believe  this will achieve in the long run...This is why Soaps are a dying breed, the blatant disrespect to the show's audience leads to low ratings and the eventual cancellations..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

I guess I should have liked Maggie's takedown of Theresa more than I did.  But I didn't.  Everything she said to her was true, or at least mostly true, but the only part I really enjoyed was Theresa's wholehearted acknowledgement to Maggie that she was a force in her own right.  

I just find Maggie an unpleasant person.  She's so full of herself, and so in awe of her own wonderful self, and yet such a spiteful, unforgiving, judgemental person.  She's cruel, backbiting, and such a fake that her passing her judgement on Theresa, no matter how right she might be about the facts, left a bad taste in my mouth.  Maggie really isn't a good person.  She only extends herself to those she's already judged to be good enough and fast to turn on anyone who doesn't seem to find her rather creepy imitation of a good little girl charming.  Frankly, I could easily see her as that nice old lady down the street who sticks pins in Halloween candy.  

I wouldn't let her be alone with Tate ever.  There's something not right about her.

I so completely agree.  Maggie was right about Theresa, as far as her actions against Melanie, and Melanie wuss that she is, leaving town.  So one can understand Maggie's contempt for Theresa.  But no.  Maggie, you are older than dirt, and you put up with criminal older than dirt Victor, and you are judging Theresa?  STFU.  Maggie, with all of your life experience, you should be helping Theresa, and coaching and mentoring her.  But no, you are a cold bitch.

Then we have Victor; I only recently learned thanks to everyone here, that Victor is a rapist of Theresa's mother and an absolutely horrific human being.  How dare he talk to Theresa that way!  How dare he talk to her at all. And Brady, you piece of shit.  You will be co-parenting for at least 20 years, you might want to forge your loyalty with Theresa and not the guy who has a foot in the grave. A rapist asshole.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm not a huge fan of the teen scene but what we have this summer, with people leaving and veterans being hired, is old, rich, bitter judgment.  I'm old and a little bitter but certainly not rich or judgmental unless someone brings home pizza and doesn't share.  Weird summer.  I'm on Theresa/Tate's side they're fighting for their lives. Show hasn't told us how she got so screwed up but Jeannie who has nothing should be fighting for her son whom she is struggling to parent to the best of her ability. She shouldn't have moved into the KMansion but how else could she learn to be a mother which is something she's been worried about.  No other way to take time off from the job and pay for things, which is probably not much more than Brady's vodka budget.  She did care about him and I think she's trying ti parent the baby. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

I'm not a huge fan of the teen scene but what we have this summer, with people leaving and veterans being hired, is old, rich, bitter judgment.  I'm old and a little bitter but certainly not rich or judgmental unless someone brings home pizza and doesn't share.  Weird summer.  I'm on Theresa/Tate's side they're fighting for their lives. Show hasn't told us how she got so screwed up but Jeannie who has nothing should be fighting for her son whom she is struggling to parent to the best of her ability. She shouldn't have moved into the KMansion but how else could she learn to be a mother which is something she's been worried about.  No other way to take time off from the job and pay for things, which is probably not much more than Brady's vodka budget.  She did care about him and I think she's trying ti parent the baby. 

Yes, thanks, and I should qualify that I am not young (nor old, I guess).  I just think that the people who have life experience should behave better and help young people.  That's what I try to do in my life.  I cannot believe Maggie and Victor.  They are disgusting.

Caroline is an old person who has been loving and supportive to Theresa. If she had more people like this in her life, perhaps she would improve. Now that she is a mother, this is more important than anything.  And just how do Brady, Victor and Maggie have room to judge?  Argh!  

• Love 5

I don't really see this Will as the Will we watched grow up.

That's my big issue with this characterization. He may have been coddled, but these are not the particular actions I would have believed he would turn out executing.   

If a comparison is to be made to Sami, all I can say is that she was never this dumb, despite what any of her faults were.

• Love 6

Just wanted to second the emotions expressed in the excellent posts above. I can’t believe I used to like Maggie a lot; heck, I even thought of her as a chip off the Alice Horton block. How wrong I was! And as far as I'm concerned she completely forfeited any tenuous right she may have had to sit in judgment of anyone's character when she hooked up with that old reprobate Victor!

• Love 5

Exactly Kittykatkins, Victor once put a hit out on her daughter Melissa, and she had to go on the run for her life.  Does she not count for Maggie, since she is not her orange baby...The show has ruined so many characters at the altar of Daniel the magnificent...

• Love 2
(edited)

Just when it seems like Will couldn't possibly sink any lower, he not only does, he tries to blame Sonny. Sonny! Sonny's not making the same mistakes as Will should've been good enough for Will, but it not only wasn't, in Will's so-called "mind," Sonny's being a good person is bad, therefore his cheating on Sonny is all Sonny's fault, like he had nothing to do with it. All of Will's lies and schemes to save what's left of the marriage that he's at least 98% responsible for destroying a long time ago proves to me that Will never even deserved Sonny, let alone loved him. Will is right about one thing, though-that Sonny's much better and he deserves much better.

#freesonny!

#bringbackbrian!

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

If that happens, Paige should thank JJ for his help, and still not want anything to do with him.

The writers want to have everyone in Salem cheat, and then they don't want to have to deal with the consequences.  Since that is the case, they shouldn't have had them cheat in the first place.

• Love 3

Anne making fun of Eve's Southern accent -- priceless. Eve's white outfit is beautiful.

Laughing at Ben shoving his relationship with Abigail in Chad's face. I guess you can tell that Ben has become a bad guy because he's grown facial hair.

It was wrong for Eric Martsolf to be waving that empty bottle in that baby's face.

So who's following JJ?  Not Stefano and not Clyde.

Jeez, Jennifer, just barge in!

• Love 4

Today's episode was generally pretty blah.

If Paige wants revenge on JJ, she should just get with either Cole or Rory. That would make JJ and Eve's minds explode. Rory is too good of a friend, so he probably won't agree to it -- but Cole would. I wish they'd do that, rather than having Paige look like an idiot, chasing a man twice her age. I practically gagged when she mentioned Brady today, because I thought she was actually serious. Imagine how Aunt Theresa would feel about that...

As I've said before, I don't like where I think this Brady/Theresa story is heading. I get that she's no saint, but Theresa is practically a prisoner here. Theresa is one of the more interesting characters on the show (and Jen Lilley one of the best actresses), so I really wish they'd have her do more than get yelled at by Brady, et al. Also, they better not have her intentionally injure Tate (or something of the sort) in order to grow closer with Brady -- or I might just have to stop watching. I got a bad feeling after seeing her last scene on today's show.

Maybe I'm slow, but I don't know where Eve is going with this revenge plot, but I guess it's better than having her helicopter-mom over her daughter's love life.

JJ needs help. 'nuff said. I also don't know what's going to happen there.

As for Ben and Abigail? zzzzzzz...

My favorite parts of today's episode were Anne (she was great as always, but I loved when she mocked Eve's southern drawl) and maybe Chad. Oh, and the lack of Daniel. That was good too.

• Love 4
(edited)

Do you think the show would go there with Theresa and have her hurt her own child to get attention. That is sick and vile. Tomsell would definitely go there, look at what they have done to Will. Munchausen by proxy is an interesting illness, I don't trust Tomsell to do it justice. They cannot take the subject of rape seriously, I doubt they would give Munchausen by proxy, the sensitivity and care that it deserves... It is a shame because Daytime use to excel at bringing topical issues to the world.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

You know, for all that Master Yoda talked about the Dark Side... 'anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...' he never mentioned that anger leads to stupid.

Come on, Paige. Just go to Stanford and leave everyone behind. Living well is the best revenge!

• Love 10

You know, for all that Master Yoda talked about the Dark Side... 'anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...' he never mentioned that anger leads to stupid.

Come on, Paige. Just go to Stanford and leave everyone behind. Living well is the best revenge!

And although it looks good on you, stop wearing black. Especially in the summer.

• Love 2

I'm tired of Brady acting like Theresa's victim.  He was more than happy to have sex with her, and Brady was a drunk and an addict before he met Theresa. I don't care that Theresa bashed John over the head with a fireplace poker and told Brady he did it.  At this point, I want the women of Salem to bash all the men in Salem over the head with a fireplace poker, or baseball bat because I believe it would make them smarter.  It couldn't make them any dumber.  Dimwit Austin is looking more intelligent by the day.  I never thought there would be another guy as dumb as Austin let alone several that are dumber.

It's no wonder James Scott ran away from this show as fast as he could go.  Being stuck in that lame SL with Ben and Slappy would be hell.  Poor BF having to take his place, and being wasted like this.  Also, this is absolutely nothing like what EJ, Stefano, and Andre did to Sami in 2007.  There is no way Jar Jar will be able to compare to Sami biting and punching EJ, giving Bart a black eye and shooting him, kicking the crap out of Andre and rescuing Lucas, or almost shooting Stefano.  If only, Lucas and Marlena hadn't shown up to take the gun away from Sami.

• Love 3

God I hate story lines with grown women acting like 12 year olds (i.e., Eve) - I know that is what much of soaps are about but between her and nasty sister, it's more than I can muster any interest in - 

I must in the minority as I totally understand Brady's behavior towards Theresa - she is one to run away from, fast and far.  Nasty piece of work.  I like the actress and think she does a good job with what she's stuck playing but, ick to the character 

• Love 5
(edited)

Alternate idea: Theresa might try and set the nanny up for something?

Also, I was amused by how Brady sent Theresa to work, saying he wanted to spend time with Tate, and then proceeded to leave Tate with the nanny to go see John.

Edited by amish40
  • Love 5

I have always loved KdP and I really like Jen Lilley, and I really really WANT to like Eve and Theresa, but the writing makes it so very very hard. Eve needs a job and a friend or two and something to do that is not at all Horton-related. I hesitate to say she needs a love interest, because really, who is there? Theresa needs something, ANYTHING, to do that is not all about Brady. Someone upthread mentioned Munchausen (sp?) by proxy, which could be interesting if written well, but would likely just be a cringe-inducing disaster.

• Love 9

I think it is the writing that hurts these two actresses...I am hoping that Higley and Griffith will change that with everybody on canvas. Based on all the changes that are being done behind the scenes. I do believe that it will get better..Tomsell have done so much damage to the show as a whole....I am excited about this reset..We have 30 something episodes left....

I'm just going to pretend that Show didn't throw it out there that Theresa might fake something with Tate to get Brady's attention.  Dumb girl.  All she'd need to do to get that moron's attention is to leave something shiny on the ground.  He'd be transfixed.  And if she REALLY wanted his attention, then all she needs to do is postion him in front of a mirror.  He'll be there all day, humming "I Feel Pretty" to himself all day.

While Brady was right (even a broken clock is right twice a day) about Theresa needing to work, a lecture from Brady Boo Boo about the value of hard work and thrift is a bit rich.  Considering that he'd be asking "Do you want fries with that", or slumped against a wall in a crack house somewhere if he wasn't Victor's idiot grandson, he's not exactly the poster child for a member of the hardworking class.  

Especially since it's a cause for celebration at the Kiriakis Mansion every day Brady manages to put his pants on the right way on the first try.  With any luck, Tate will be getting his brains delivered from Amazon Prime.  Otherwise, the kid is doomed.  

Best part of the show for me today was Ann.  As usual, her line delivery was great, and the faces she was making - especially when Marlena was there - were priceless.  

• Love 4

Lots of attention seems to be called to Kassie DePaiva's accent, but no one seems all that interested in Billy Flynn's, which seems a lot thicker to me. 

Most of the current anger towards Theresa seems to be because she "made" Melanie leave town. Which, yeah, she did instigate, but Melanie left of her own accord. She even admitted that her relationship with Brady wouldn't work out; Theresa definitely didn't make her say that. Melanie left because she didn't want Theresa to manipulate Brady using Tate, even though she discussed with Marlena on the plane ride home from Italy how Theresa was going to use Tate to manipulate Brady. She knew this was coming, everyone would have supported her fighting Theresa, but she made the choice to leave. 

• Love 2

Who was that letter from that Abigail was reading?

At first I was too struck by the fact that she COULD read to notice what the subject was.  

Apparently, there is some demented old lady in Ireland whose happiest days were paper-training and leash-walking a young Abigail, and the old lady is failing,and a call from Abigail would make the old dear finally have a bowel movement.

I guess she's the one who kidnapped Lucky.  Oh, my bad, wrong bad storyline on a different soap.  

I have no idea where Show is going with this, unless this is an out for Abigail to be gone from the show for a while, or Stephono is going to kidnap her or something.  Here's hoping she needs some time off get new horseshoes put on.

• Love 9
(edited)

Holy crap, what a horrendous episode!   It was full on with the Abby apologists and worshippers speaking about how wonderful Abby is, how kind and loving and not the lest like Sami who was nasty and mean and manipulative.  WTF?!

I was hoping that once Clyde learned that Abby cheated on his baby boy, he'd set out to hurt her in some way.  Instead, Abby just made a "mistake"  and Clyde's sole focus is on Stephano and how he's trying to matchmake Chad and Abby.  Seriously, the man who is known to be abusive to women is ready to give Abby a free pass?  Come on!

And Chad's extended flashbacks on the forbidden lawn sex was just gross and unneeded but then he went and dissed Sami to prop up Abs and I am now officially done with Chad--he is welcome to be the side piece's side piece.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11

Why do they have to keep showing that stupid flashback of Chad and Abby, I guess they must have edited some things out  and used it to fill up the episode....Why must they always bash Sami? is this Ken Corday being passive-aggressive because Allie had had enough and left the show..It is very odd...I am so disappointed in Chad, I loved his dynamic with Sami, especially after he learned that she had raised his daughter Grace, until her untimely death...

• Love 3