Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Why should Will treat Sparkle with respect when Sparkle has spent months begging Sonny to dump him?

Perhaps, because Will willingly failed to disclose he was a married man, before he slept with Sparkle, and because Will has been willingly twisting Sparkle's actions to justify his own infidelity?

Holy crap but TOB and KDP delivered big--Paige's reaction to finding out about her mom and JJ was so perfectly done and Eve's pain at her daughter learning the truth was gorgeously played.  This smart and no holds-barred Paige can definitely stay because she is a damn interesting character.

This is the first time I've enjoyed True's performance as Paige, since the character originated. I didn't know she had it in her.

I never really understood Eve's apathy towards JJ. She was friends with Jack....This storyline was stupid as well. The real Eve would never have done something like that to her daughter...They change characters' personalities for their nonsensical plots..I can't see Charlotte Ross' Eve doing this..She never really hated Jennifer, she just called her out  on her games with Frankie..These writers should watch youtube to get knowledge about the characters that they are writing for....There was a vulnerability with Eve and she had a tough life..She and Kim hated each other, but they grew to love one another...She loved Jeannie and Andrew...I loved her creepy relationship with Nick..I swear Days has had the best couples of all daytime....People always talk about the supercouples on this show and they were good...Even the minor couples were good: I loved Bo and Carly, Frankie and Jennifer,Tony and Anna, Mike and April, and Eve and Nick....The writers back then took their time to craft a love story with good characters....

Agreed. The big problem with soaps today is that they're plot driven, when the very nature of soaps is that they are (or should be) character driven.

Why the hell did Sparkle get to confront Jawn about banging RoboMar on a conference room table? He wasn't around when it happened and it has absolutely nothing to do with him. How dare he bring up something that he knows nothing about in an attempt to justify is own nasty, pathetic, desperate, creepy, trash behavior. 

Maybe because John was so judgmental about Paul's adultery with Will (when Paul didn't even know Will was married, whereas John certainly knew Doc was married).

Why was Abifail even at the party? She's not friends with Paige.

Her mother was hosting a party for her brother's girl, at her home. Why wouldn't she be there? 

It wasn't like it was a party to attend, look who was all there Naggie, Jacosta, JJ, Dark Roast with the exception of Kayla, Rory, and Daphne, Jar Jar should have been right at home with those four species at the party. I thought it was a recruiting party for Jar Jar and Jacosta to transform Rory, Daphne, and Kayla into their species and give them a pamphlet on how to become Jar Jars. Good thing they didn't eat that cake who knows what was in it. Paige knew and knocked it right out of JJ's hands saving Rory, Kayla, and Daphne. 

Look at that she didn't invite Mannequin to the party. Isn't that her damn boyfriend?? Shouldn't he have been there.

If only Theresa and Anne were at the party, they would have been passing around the popcorn and Theresa would have stood up for Paige even though Paige wouldn't need it. Theresa and Anne would have been like this: 

tumblr_myjwwi02tu1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

I enjoy your posts, a lot, when I can follow them, but the nicknames make them too much work. You are funny without the nicknames. I hope you tone it down, a bit. I don't have a Rosetta stone with me, to read the DOOL boards.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4

I thought today's reveal was good, though I'm not sure it was great. I was really anxious to see it, so maybe I just had too high expectations? True was pretty good, though as a previous poster mentioned, she was better with Eve in the previous episode. Didn't feel like Casey Moss had that much to do, though I expect we'll see more in the next few episodes.

I'll admit, I was caught off guard when Paige toppled the cake. Up until then, I was underwhelmed, wondering what the hold up was.

As mentioned earlier, I also wish Theresa was there. She would have been epic in this sort of setting.

• Love 4

Perhaps, because Will willingly failed to disclose he was a married man, before he slept with Sparkle, and because Will has been willingly twisting Sparkle's actions to justify his own infidelity?

This is the first time I've enjoyed True's performance as Paige, since the character originated. I didn't know she had it in her.

I enjoy your posts, a lot, when I can follow them, but the nicknames make them too much work. You are funny without the nicknames. I hope you tone it down, a bit. I don't have a Rosetta stone with me, to read the DOOL boards.

Agree with both of the above comments about the show and ALSO that the excessive nicknaming can make what might be extremely enjoyable and insightful ideas about the show impossible to read. I have mentioned this before, and have been directed to the "nicknames" thread. Sorry, but I if I see a post that has a lot of names I don't recognize I just scroll on by.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm ok with that.

(Also I don't think it's excessive ~or ~fair to critique other posters here rather than the show. Especially a poster kind enough to compose and post comprehensive daily recaps [that lack the standard 5 nicknames she uses]. If the five or whatever make it difficult or irritating even with the nickname thread to help you and the familiarity of seeing them regularly & cause a person to inform us they skip the posts that is a shame. However, I feel its the same people who have said this a few x over a while so I don't think they are actually skipping them like they already mentioned previously. I don't think it's fair to edit all our speech to please a few. We all should have an open mind, nicknames are in use in many of the forums on this site and people carried on and post in harmony threat free)

I'm no fan of Paige/TOB but her acting this week was miles above Abigail's/KM. Paige's face looks weird when she freaks out.

Also love that gif of Kenya. <3 She cracks me up.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 8

See, JJ? THAT is why you need to spill the beans before things get out of hand! he could have broken the news slowly to Paige with a joke, like "You'll never in a million years guess where you and I have both been."

• Love 11

See, JJ? THAT is why you need to spill the beans before things get out of hand! he could have broken the news slowly to Paige with a joke, like "You'll never in a million years guess where you and I have both been."

Eww LOL.

• Love 3

I previously posted that I had trouble deciphering posts with the nicknames.  That was several months ago when I'd just restarted watching regularly again. So not only was I trying to learn who all the new-to-me characters were (Ben/Jordan/Chad/Abigail/JJ/Sonny/Will/Eve/Paige etc.) I then had to try to translate the nicknames to match the characters who I didn't really know.   Now that I've been watching a while, I know all the characters, as well as the nicknames, so most posts make sense to me now.   But I can sympathize with the newbies who find them confusing.

And just a quick thanks again to ShadowSixx for the daily recaps. I wasn't able to watch yesterday, so really appreciated reading about the reveal.

• Love 5

As I expected, the reveal had my stomach turning and my heart hurting for everyone involved. I thought True really brought it -- I could actually feel her simmering hysteria myself. But I still superimpose Charlotte Ross's face on KDP's -- although I thought KDP also did some great work over the last few days. 

However! Why did all those people just stay in that living room, mouths agape, when JJ and Paige clearly deserved some privacy?! I know, it's a soap, but I kept yelling at my TV regardless. I've said this before, but maybe in another thread or forum -- it took me a long time to realize that I had the power to remove myself from a situation, room, or confrontation when it's devolved into chaos. I should stop trying to impose real life guidelines on these characters : )

At one point, I swear I saw Maggie trying to suppress a giggle. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Casey Moss sort of looks as if he's wondering why he's trapped in this Jerry Springer storyline. I tend to believe his motivation is to play CM as in love with Paige even when Paige is yelling at him, but the wacko interactions with Eve keep screwing up that motivation. I hold to the belief that he wants JJ to be in love with Paige, and he's sticking with it!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Maybe because John was so judgmental about Paul's adultery with Will (when Paul didn't even know Will was married, whereas John certainly knew Doc was married).

Yes to this. There's also the strong inference that  Sonny and Paul still have feelings for one another, and John telling them to suppress those feelings because of Sonny's marriage is hypocritical, given his own history. Surprisingly, John realized this in his conversation with both Paul and Marlena, 

My only problem with Paul bringing up John and Marlena is that we had to hear, from Will, yet again how traumatizing it was for Sami and how it set her on a path of insanity for decades. I'd hoped that we were done with that when AS left the show. Show, like Sami, just needs to get over it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Was John as brazen as Paul when he pursued Marlena? I vaguely remember thinking that they both tried to suppress their feelings, but then everything kind of exploded when they met in the room alone and decided to do it on the desk. The infidelity was wrong, but it didn't seem premeditated or that someone was trying to set a plan in motion to get that person to sleep with him or her. Wasn't John trying to make things work with Kristen? I always had it in my head that John and Marlena sort of accidentally had their infidelity as opposed to either vigorously pursuing each other to actually make the other person commit infidelity as Paul seems to be trying to do with Sonny.

I find Paul a little similar to Abigail in his pursuit of attached men. Like, he doesn't get it when people say no. I don't think John was quite that obtuse (well, at that time time anyway). 

I think Will brought up Sami for his own gain more than anything else (Will seems kind of unhinged now), not because the writers wanted us to remember Sami. I don't really think this current version of Will cares much about Sami's past traumas.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6
(edited)

What bothers me the most about Paul is that he feels he is entitled to Sonny. He wants Sonny and Sonny should just walk away from his family and be with him. Will is no prize at this moment in time. However, Paul is not good for Sonny either. Marlena never left Roman for John. Roman left Marlena after the events at Maison Blanche. Roman was struggling to forgive Marlena's infidelity and John backed off..Stefano in his evil machinations brought them together. Just like he originally did, when he brainwashed John into believing that he was Roman. So Sparkle bringing the Roman/Marlena/John triangle, fell flat for me...The show is really trying to make Paulson happen so much, that they had to pull that rabbit out of their stupid ass..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

It is obvious that Will and Paul are going to have hate sex and that will drive Sonny to leave town....Freddie did say that the triangle will have a bizarre ending....Sonny probably comes back to finalize his divorce from Will..He sells his shares of TBD and opens up a college fund for Ari. He has a tearful goodbye with her, telling her that she will always be his daughter and that he loves her..He probably makes peace with Paul and Will, then leaves again for an adventure around the world. That is the ending that I want for Sonny...I  want Sonny to have great scenes with his uncle Jack and Steve. Will and Sparkle can go kick rocks.They are both despicable human beings.They are perfect for each other.Free Sonny!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Will only cares about Will....He is worst than Sami...There was a method to Sami's madness and she was rootable in her villain stage...Will had what Sami has always wanted: love and acceptance...Sonny gave him that and more and he threw that away for his career and his ego....Will has never put Sonny first, he started to treat him like shit after the Nick threat was over...He told Sonny to his face that he was bored with their life..That was such a slap in the face..This man has sacrificed for you and your daughter and that is the thanks that he gets..Then he leaves him all alone to go to Hollywood and then comes back and cheats on him....Even Gabi sacrificed herself, so that Wilson can give Ari a stable life without Nick...Will is selfish and incapable of loving someone else other than himself...He needs to suffer real consequences, he needs to lose Sonny for good....I don't want Sparkle to have him either...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I totally agree that Will was just trying to manipulate Paul by bringing up John and Marlena. I know you all don't buy into the whole Will is Sami thing, but he learned that "lying and manipulating as default mode" schtick of his somewhere, and  I'm glad to see it backfire so spectacularly!  Bringing it up only served to remind John that you can't suppress those love-type feelings and that you can hurt others while doing so. It's taken John from telling Paul to back off to taking a seat beside Justin to root him on.

I like Paul and see a lot of potential for his character and appreciate that he's laying his cards on the table and has been truthful for the most part. If Sonny were staying on the show and he *had* to choose between Will and Paul, vows be damned...it doesn't seem like all that tough of a choice.  What I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is the idea of an eventual Paul/Will relationship. To be honest, I'm having trouble envisioning a Will/Anyone relationship at this point.

• Love 4

Dan had such a smug look on his face during the entire party that I almost wanted Paige to call him out for that. Not to mention that he, too, knew about JJ sleeping with Eve.

• Love 4
(edited)

And let's not forget the "glorified barrista" insult Will hurled Sonny's way. 

It was the glorified barrista's salary that Will and Arianna was living off of...It was such a low blow and that showed the lack of respect that he had for Sonny....You cannot love somebody that you do not respect...Paul is no better, he is creepy and stalkerish..I have to wonder if Sonny was a woman, would the Paul lovers still think he is just being loving and effusive in his declarations of love...NO is NO, no matter the gender....Sonny has made it clear that he wants to be with his family....He needs to back off and respect that...I still find Justin and now John being on the Paulson train out of character and just lazy writing...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Was John as brazen as Paul when he pursued Marlena? I vaguely remember thinking that they both tried to suppress their feelings, but then everything kind of exploded when they met in the room alone and decided to do it on the desk. The infidelity was wrong, but it didn't seem premeditated or that someone was trying to set a plan in motion to get that person to sleep with him or her. Wasn't John trying to make things work with Kristen?

To take your last question first, no, Kristen wasn't on the show then.

The first time John and Marlena cheated was on the plane. John was trying to do the right thing, so he decided to leave Salem in order to get away from Marlena. Marlena followed him to the plane and they were in the middle of teary goodbyes when he made the mistake of touching her, and that led to them getting carried away and having sex. After that, John decided to stay, and he did chase Marlena around then, which resulted in the conference room sex. Marlena still didn't leave Roman, though, so John started casually dating a temporary character, lawyer Rebecca, Marlena walked in on them making out and got jealous and decided to go skinnydipping knowing that John would see and follow her. They made out, but this time stopped short of actual sex.

Then Marlena learned she was pregnant, and lied to John that it was definitely Roman's baby. I can't remember if/when he wised up that the baby might be his and made her have a paternity test that Sami messed with the results for, but once he was convinced of the paternity he gave up on Marlena. Before that he'd been hoping the baby was his, figuring that would get Marlena to finally leave Roman. Afterwards is when Kristen entered the picture...Rebecca realized after a point that John had fallen in love with Kristen, and ended the relationship.

So John did both, really - he tried to stay away, but there was a period where he did actively pursue Marlena. And, although this hasn't come up, he pursued Kristen constantly after she married Tony and slept with her repeatedly. The ugliest moment of that was when Billie and Tony walked in on them one time, only Tony was blind at that time and so John and Kristen had to dress hurriedly, John pretending he wasn't in the room, Kristen pretending nothing had been happening, and Billie standing there with utter disgust on her face since she and Tony were good friends then. After Billie and Tony left, Kristen commented to John that Billie wasn't going to forgive her, and John said casually that Billie would get over it. It was only when he found out that he was a priest that Kristen left him, and that was her choice, not his. Eventually he decided he'd try being a priest, but initially, no.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

Paul is no better, he is creepy and stalkerish..I have to wonder if Sonny was a woman, would the Paul lovers still think he is just being loving and effusive in his declarations of love...NO is NO, no matter the gender....Sonny has made it clear that he wants to be with his family....He needs to back off and respect that...I still find Justin and now John being on the Paulson train out of character and just lazy writing...

For me, yeah, I'd still see Paul's behavior as being okay (by soap standards) if Sonny were a woman. I get the boundaries thing, but apparently, that doesn't matter in Salem! 

Like someone else mentioned above, I kept waiting for the room to clear for JJ and Paige. At one point, Maggie crossed the screen, and I thought "Oh good, she's going to shepherd them out of there," but no. Maybe she was just re-positioning herself for the best view? And I don't know what that cake was made out of, but it looked disgusting, all oozing on the floor! As always, Rory was the best part of those scenes, from "Dude!" to reluctantly leaving as Daniel nudged him out the door. 

So what's next for JJ? (or Paige for that matter, but I really don't care), Unless Paige takes him back (which, gross), what will they do with him, couple-wise? Maybe he'll realize that he likes sexing up older women, because there's no one else age-appropriate on the canvas.

• Love 2

I swear, the actors have been bringing it this week!  TOB, KDP and MR have been on fire in all of their scenes and I couldn't be prouder of them.  I liked Paige's mocking JJ and his dark soul that he can only express in music--I'm liking this angrier and more embittered Paige and I hope she can bond with Theresa more.  I do have to wonder where Abs gets off sitting in judgement of her mom and I truly loved her brief mention of "screwing up."  I guess that's what the Devereaux kids call having sex with not only an inappropriate person but one already in a relationship.  Good to know :)

I love seeing Kim again--Patsy Pease looks gorgeous and I love her interactions with JL's Theresa and that she accidently called her Jeannie.

I love Sonny and I think he's as awesome as ever but it's a shame he has two such dimwits fighting over him.  In what universe wouldn't Paul tell Sonny all of the half-truths Will's been telling him?  And Will threw the first stone by talking smack anout Tori SImpson and Fadder John and Paul is getting John's side of the John/Marlena affair and of course John's going to try and spin it  in his favor.  Kind of like Will's been spinning things.

• Love 4
(edited)

For me it comes down to the fact that Sonny has repeatedly told Sparkle that he didn't want him. I don't care if Sparkle thinks Sonny is sending mixed signals or if he thinks the love they had was so great and so much better than what Sonny has will Will. Sparkle doesn't get to decide what's best for Sonny or tell him how he's really feeling or that he's making a mistake. No means no. If Sparkle had any decency he would have left Sonny alone after the 34th time he rejected him and moved on with his life. If Sonny were to decide he wanted to be with Sparkle he should be able to come to that conclusion on his own without being harassed and pressured and questioned by the people in his life who think they know what's best for him. And if he were to decide to stay with Will that is also his decision to make and if people don't like it then too damn bad. None of the people sitting in judgement of Will and the Wilson marriage are in a position to be criticizing anyone's relationship.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Bravo..Leftphalange..I think ultimately, that is what is going to make Sonny leave town..Sonny is used to being in control and happy..Ever since Will left for LA, he has not been happy..Sonny is so unhappy and he seems so lost....Will really hurt him and continues to hurt him..Sonny has lost his spark...

He loves Will with all of his heart and that is why he is hurting....If Will did not cheat and become a douchebag. He would never have looked at Sparkle twice....Plus, he has told Sparkle to back off and he wants to be with his family...

I don't think Sonny is stuck with Will in the sense that he can't get out, but I do think Sonny feels obligated to Will and to his marriage vows. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's also not a ringing endorsement of Will's chances long term. I don't think he'd be happy with current Will, who is definitely not the guy he fell in love with.

• Love 5
(edited)

Exactly Shesajar..Will is totally different and I also think Ari plays a part of his decision to stay..He loves that girl so much..I love their bond....The show has done that right, Sonny is her father as much as Will...

Edited by Apprentice79

However! Why did all those people just stay in that living room, mouths agape, when JJ and Paige clearly deserved some privacy?!

IKR?  I think they were in shock.  Also, they're drama hounds.  At least they were better behaved than Brady and Kristen's wedding guests, who watched the Kristen-raping-Eric video not once, but twice!

• Love 8

This isn't a very good exit story for Melanie and it was a bit unnecessary to put her and Brady together when they knew she was only going to be in Salem for six months. Why is she so concerned about Brady and Theresa being together so they can raise Tate? Parents don't have to be in a relationship in order to raise their child. It's not even like they had some great love, all they did was have sex and snort coke for a few months.

Sparkle has already demonstrated that he's willing to do anything to get Sonny so I don't know why Will would let him hold the blackmail of useless Tori Simpson over his head. If Will and Sonny survive this does he think Sparkle will just keep his mouth shut? He might as well tell Sonny the truth before Sparkle can do it and then beg and whine some more about getting back together.

I'm guessing we won't find out why Stefano wants Chad and Abifail together for another seven months.

How rich of the sidepiece to judge Jen for keeping secrets. This is the same baboon who was having nasty sex with an engaged man in supply closets and showers and begging to be his mistress. Abifail chastises Jen for not considering Paige's feelings but I don't remember her considering Sami's feelings while she was screwing her fiance all over Salem. Sit your disgusting ass down somewhere you dumb piece of garbage.

Of course Jen thinks JJ is a victim of predator Eve. I wonder if she will accuse Eve of 'forcing' JJ to have sex with her like she did with EJ and Abifail.

• Love 8
(edited)

At least we know which scenes Days thinks are important by the number of people they pay to attend.  I loved Kayla's subtle performance.

ETA I agree LP.  Melly was only going to be there for six months and today she made it all about her.

Sorry but I'll always blame a middle aged lady like me for taking advantage of an 18 year old.

EETA  I have to give props to Jen for conveying that she finally gets it.  But good dog why doesn't a falling space shuttle toilet seat just kill Failure dead. And she forgot her pants.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4
(edited)

Since Sparkles still has knowledge about Will blackmailing his mother, what if he blackmails Will into not sleeping with Sonny anymore...lol...That would be a nice twist, if he can't have Sonny, neither can Will..Plus, that would cause problems between Will and Sonny...Will not sleeping with Sonny would piss him off...lol Sonny being sexually frustrated could make him more susceptible to his advances...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

5/22/2015 Recap :)

Melanie/Brady/Maxine
Melanie is at home when her phone rings and it's Brady. Brady nees to see her as he's at the hospital and says it's important as he holds the engagement ring. Mel says she's not coming into work and that Brady should be with his child and Brady says he'll come there and hangs up while Mel was in mid sentence. Mel is sitting on the couch and there's a knock at the door and it's Maxine who wants to know why Mel took off work without filling out a personal leave request. The two of them hug and Mel says she won't let it happen again.

Maxine says that Mel is her hero and Mel says she did what was right which Maxine asks Mel why she's crying. Mel says she's been thinking about things with her mom and dad and Trent and she would have been a better person. Maxine wonders what is making her think about all this now. Maxine says that Mel has redeemed herself and the door knocks and it's Brady and Maxine leaves but calls the baby gorgeous before leaving. Brady and Mel kiss.

Brady says that they haven't been spending a lot of time together and wanted it bigger and better what he plans on doing as he wanted fireworks, etc. etc. but has to do it now and he gets down on one knee as Mel covers her mouth. Brady asks Mel to marry him. (No answer as it's the last scene in today's show)

Sonny/Paul/Will
Sonny tells Paul not to do this while Paul wants to get it all out in the open and Will walks up and wants to know what's going on. Sonny says nothing is going on as Paul is telling him what's going on and Will wants to know what lies Paul is feeding him now and Sonny tells him to stop. Will says Paul is making it clear that he wants him and Paul says that's right which Will goes after Paul and Sonny stops them. A TBD worker comes out as he needs Sonny and Sonny thinks it would be best for Will to leave and Will says he's not going anywhere as there are things that he and Paul needs to talk about. Sonny says fine but to behave as TBD isn't a locker room and goes inside.

Will thinks that Paul and Sonny were talking about him which Paul said they weren't. Will calls Paul a liar and Paul tells Will to be careful when using the word liar. Will wants to know what they were talking about and Paul says he asked Sonny if Sonny is still in love with him. Will wants to know why Paul is doing this and Paul said it's because of Will. Will says Sonny loves him and Paul tells Will about Will calling Tori a whore and blackmailing her as well and if Will keeps lying that he will tell Sonny about the blackmail and is about to leave but Will tells him to wait.

Will says Paul is right and that he did terrible things but he was scared of losing Sonny. Paul says if Sonny loves him then how would he lose him. Will calls Paul a gay icon and Sonny's first love and Paul says if Sonny would choose him over superficial things then Will doesn't know Sonny at all and leaves.

Will apologizes to Sonny for going off on Paul. Sonny says they can discuss it which Will says not now as he has to get back to work and they can discuss it later. They kiss and Will leaves.

Chad/Stefano
Stefano asks if Chad is not in love with Abby. He wants to know what Stefano gets out of seeing them together and Stefano says he gets to see Chad happy and nobody will stand in the way.Chad says he's getting mixed signals from Abby and she's with Ben and thinks that Stefano can't help. Stefano says Chad will succeed and that he has to go. Chad thanks Stefano for bringing Mar home and thanks for his support in regards to Abby and leaves.

Later Stefano has the brown envelope with Abby's name on it and says that Chad will get Abby.

Jennifer/Abby/Eve
Abby says Jen knew about JJ and Eve which Jen confirms. Abby asks for how long and Jen says a month ad Abby says she's been living with this for month and Abby wonders why JJ told her and Jen says she found them in bed. Jen says she was angry at Eve and furious with herself because Eve hates her and should have protected JJ and that JJ was weak and Eve is a predator and not gonna let Eve get away with it. Abby says JJ knew his life was over and would lose Paige if she found out. Abby says Jen didn't agree to keep quiet but didn't think what it would do to Paige and says what Jen did was all for JJ. Abby just remembered when Jen found out was when they were in Jen's office and just went to work like nothing happened and that JJ and Paige got back together and to hell what it did to Paige.

Abby says that Jen set this up so that Paige will be back in love with JJ and will have found out eventually. Abby said she didn't keep quiet she lied and Jen says she didn't see it that way. Abby understands JJ's desperation to hold onto Paige but Jen going along with the sick deception is something she will never understand. Abbys says she loves Jen and always will and how Jen stood by her when she screwed up but what she did didn't seem like Jen. Jen says she hasn't felt the same since that day. Abby says she needs to get some air and leaves. Jen stands up and sees Eve standing in the living room. (Not clear if Abby and Eve ran into each other as Abby left because Eve pops up right as Jen stands up)

Jen tells her to go away but Eve refuses and Eve wants to know what happened. Jen says Eve came back to Salem and destroyed everything in her path and JJ. Eve says of course Jen blames her but everything isn't her fault and Eve calls Jen a spoiled brat. Eve calls JJ an idiot for coming over to her house and blackmailing her with Paige overhearing. Jen says that Eve planted drugs in JJ's backpack which Eve denies and Eve says they hate each other and it's not about them as she came as she wants to know where Paige is and wants Jen to tell her where she is if she knows.

Eve asks if Paige is with JJ which Jen says she doesn't know. Eve wants to know what Jen knows and Jen says it's bad and that Eve lost Paige forever. Eve says it's not true and wants to know where JJ is as he's trying to weasel his way out of it and if JJ is blaming her. Jen wants Eve to leave and Eve says that Jen always abets JJ and Jen says deal with it. Eve says it's not fair how Jen gets to keep her son while she loses her daughter.

Jen and Eve continue to talk about Jen's part in this and Eve says that Paige didn't deserve this, and Jen agrees that Paige didn't deserve it which Eve sees it as Jen saying it in a smug and condescending tone trying to make it out as Eve's fault and how she hates how Jen continues to get away with things and how she hates her. She says she lost Paige and leaves. Outside Eve says Jen isn't going to get away with it and walks off.

Abby/Chad
Abby is walking through the Square then at the park with Chad following her and wants to know why she's upset and Abby says she's fine and nothing for Chad to worry about. Chad says he won't forget her being there when Kristen died and says if she wants to talk he's here.

Abby says she has no reason to judge anyone after all she's done. Chad calls what she did with EJ a mistake and who hasn't made mistakes in their lives. Abby says her mother and it's unfair to Jen but she always put Jen in a different category because she's upfront and honest about mistakes she made in the past and has been an amazing mother and how she loves and respects her. Chad asks if that has changed.

Abby goes on about Jen and then says how she comes to snap judgments when it comes to people and how it isn't fair. She tells Chad that she's been unfair to him. 

Eve/Theresa/Anne/Brady/Kimberly
Eve pours the wine down the sink and her phone rings and she hopes it's Paige but it's Theresa who wants Eve to come and visit the baby but Eve says she can't as she has other things going on and Theresa wants to know what's more important than seeing Tate. Theresa tells Eve to lighten up and get martinis started and Eve tells her that she has a baby and to be careful as she can lose it all in an instant and Theresa wants to know where it's coming from and Eve hangs up.

Anne comes in and asks Theresa how the mother of the year is doing. Anne says she saw the baby and Theresa says she was telling the truth about being pregnant. The two chat and have a good time and Brady walks in and says the two of them seem to be in a good mood. Theresa says it's the happiest she's ever been.

Eve is at home texting but realizes Paige isn't going to answer her and wonder where Paige could be and thinks JJ is lying his way out of the situation and takes her purse and leaves her apartment.

Brady is showing Theresa photos and tells Theresa that he's going to step out as he has something he has to do. Theresa thought Brady wasn't going to work and Brady says it's personal. Anne tells Theresa that she knows where Brady is going which Theresa knows that Brady is going to see Mel.

Kimberly enters the room and Theresa wants to know what she's doing there. Kimberly says she's there to see the baby which Theresa says the baby is somewhere else, so Kim says she'll take care of Theresa and hugs her. Theresa looks at Anne not happy and Anne mouths the word Wow.

Kim says the baby is a new responsibility and didn't know Theresa was pregnant and Theresa gets upset and talks back and Kim wants to finish what she's saying. Theresa tells Kim it's the reason why she doesn't want Kim there because 5 minutes and she's already making Theresa feel like everything she's doing is wrong in regards to Tate. Kim says that Shane and her are on her side and Theresa wants to know why Shane isn't here and Kim says that Shane is at home fixing her legal problems which Theresa doesn't understand.

Kim says she knows that it's been overwhelming for Theresa which Theresa is almost about to cry. Kim says that Theresa and Tate are coming to Cali to live with them as she and Shane will take care of them and that it's all being taken care of which Theresa is shocked.

Paige/JJ
Paige wants to know why and JJ doesn't answer and Paige is about to leave but JJ says he won't lie and he'll tell the truth but it's complicated as he doesn't understand it and JJ says he thought he lost Paige forever. JJ talks about Jack raping Kayla and how Paige saw photos of him with other girls and that Eve and JJ were messed up and he was drinking and went to the apartment looking for Paige but saw Eve and she was crying. He calls it a mistake and been trying to fix it. Paige said JJ didn't make the mistake just once and asked how many times he slept with Eve.

JJ says he'll tell the truth and that while she was in Cali he had it out with Eve and Eve threatened to tell everything. Paige says that JJ slept with Eve to keep Eve's mouth shut. JJ says he thought he would lose everything. Paige says JJ didn't answer her question as to why he slept with Eve again and again. Paige wants to know how many times and talks about the 1st time but wants a number and JJ says it wasn't like that and that Eve hated him and JJ says he screwed up and don't expect Paige to forgive him and that Paige couldn't hate him as much as he hates himself which Paige tells him not to be so sure about that. JJ says through his screw ups he loves her and has to believe him. Paige says she does believe him. Paige thinks JJ loves her and JJ tries to come close but Paige backs up and wants her turn to talk.

Paige knows JJ didn't lie about his feelings for her and him pretending on being with someone else she forgave him but sleeping with her mother is tough to forgive and JJ told all kinds of lies and told her he loved her over and over and trying to blackmail and send Eve to jail and keep her in the dark so she wouldn't find out. Paige says if that's what love means to JJ it's not for her, JJ tries to come close again but Paige tells him to stay back and that she has one more thing to say to him. Paige calls JJ messed up and that he's cunning and plays it up and is misunderstood and needs his music for girls to eat it up and how they were gonna run off into the sunset knowing that he slept with Eve.

Paige says she's done and she's not that girl anymore. JJ tells her not to say that. Paige says she's not gonna forgive and save JJ and that she has to save herself. JJ says what he did is wrong and that he'll do anything to make it right and Paige says she'll take JJ up on that. Paige says never to call, text, friend her ever again and that someone will always be there to cover for him Roxanne, Abby and his bitch of a mother Jen. She says she's going to walk away which she tries but JJ stands in her way.

Paige tells JJ to go to hell or better yet go to Eve. She reams him out some more and tells JJ to write a song about it as it will probably get him laid and she leaves.

--------------------------------

So pissed I went to push add reply and get the web page not available after adding last scenes and my thoughts and that just pissed me off lol.

Does Kim really think that she can just take Theresa and Tate to Cali without Brady and Vic won't let that happen. Oh Kim.

I loved Paige again today for reaming JJ out and loved her calling Jacosta a bitch and when she told JJ to write a song about it as he'll probably get laid and how someone is always there to cover for him. Paige also needs to know that Dark Roast knew about it as well, he needs to be reamed out as well because he had an opportunity to tell Paige the truth as well.

Jacosta telling Eve that she'll basically abet JJ in whatever he does really shows her poor mothering skills. She's just really bad as a mother. She doesn't need to get away with anything but even when everyone finds out they will still see Jacosta as some innocent victim because Salem is so Hortonized, I think the only people who will see it as it is, is Paige, Eve, Theresa, Anne, and Kate.

I wonder what's in that envelope Stefano has of Jar Jar, it can't be photos of her and EJ, that's just old. I wanted to say it's the video that Sami has of EJ and Abby but the envelope is too flat.  So who knows.

I was gonna applaud Jar Jar for telling Jacosta how it is on hurting Paige but then I read spoilers on what Jar Jar does and that came to a screeching halt.

Now that Sparkles have some leverage Sneasel wants to say that he went about it the wrong way. They both suck and deserve each other and need to get away from my Sonny.

• Love 3

Sparkle isn't going to have to blackmail anybody to get with Sonny.  All that's keeping Sonny from going for it is his loyalty to his marriage, which Will clearly doesn't share.  The more Will acts like the hysterical head case that he's become (what was with that little Osmonds-style spin in the middle of his convo with Paul today?) the more he keeps pushing Sonny Sparkle's way.   I don't care what happens long-term.  I'm here for the soapy goodness and the pretty.

• Love 4

Sonny deserves better than Will and Sparkle..I am over this storyline and I see no movement..It is the same scenes over and over again...Will is going crazy, Sparkle is stalking and creepy and Sonny looks drained, confused, weak and passive...

• Love 2

Is anyone else kind of hoping for some inappropriate Rory reaction to JJ sleeping with Eve?

His shocked "Dude" was awesome! Better yet, I happened to have closed captioning on, and Maggie let out an "Oh my!!" at the reveal.

The party from hell was everything I hoped it would be. Paige knocking the crap out of JJ, exposing the affair in front of all of his friends and family, going after Jennifer for her part in it, Rory... I loved it. I haven't felt this happy since the reporter outed Will and Paul at the baseball benefit!

• Love 6

Pretty good episode today.

I enjoyed Paige's smackdown of JJ. She had a few really good lines, my favorite being when she told him to go write a song.

Anne's scene with Theresa was fun, and it's really too bad it didn't last longer.

I don't really like Eve or Jennifer as characters, and they both annoyed the crap out of me today. They both are simply unwilling to take responsibility. For example, when Eve talked about how she "didn't deserve this," or whatever. No, Eve. You made your bed, now you go lie in it.

Brady and Melanie? *Yawn.*

• Love 2

, Marlena walked in on them making out and got jealous and decided to go skinnydipping knowing that John would see and follow her. They made out, but this time stopped short of actual sex.

Interesting. I had no idea Marlena went that far. I always thought she was more innocent in her transgression with John. I thought Sami was a nutcase at the time, but it seems she had her mother's number even if she was delusional about everything else.  Now I'm going to find it somewhat hard to listen to Marlena's advice to anyone....

(edited)

I always felt that the games that Stefano played with the Brady family affected Sami the most out of the Brady children. Carrie was always levelheaded as a kid..I remember  how close she was with John as Roman, taking care of Eric and Sami. She was always his rock in the dark days after Marlena was presumed dead.The show has never really explored how all of this affected Eric and they tried with Sami..It was never enough to my liking....I always loved how Carrie never forgot her bond with John, even after Roman came back. Christie Clark always said that she always infused that subtext in her scenes as Carrie with Drake as John...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Abigail criticizing her mother, I just can't ... Oh, God  "No one thinks any the less of you for that ONE mistake with EJ."  Oh, God.

Loving True today.

Uh, Kim, I don't think Brady is going to let you take the baby back to California.

• Love 8

I know the writing for Sonny and Will gets griped on on here all the time, but can I take a second to give a mini rant about the writing of Paul- he is literally all over the place suddenly! Yesterday he was ready to get Sonny, today he holds onto his ammunition- either he's really smart and is forming a plan or he's really dumb. Actually, more likely, the writers are really dumb and have decided Will's blackmailing of Tori will be the big revelation of the summer in this triangle. Just tell the man, Paul, damn! Literally, between episodes, something changed and i don't even understand what.

• Love 2
(edited)

I know the writing for Sonny and Will gets griped on on here all the time, but can I take a second to give a mini rant about the writing of Paul- he is literally all over the place suddenly! Yesterday he was ready to get Sonny, today he holds onto his ammunition- either he's really smart and is forming a plan or he's really dumb. Actually, more likely, the writers are really dumb and have decided Will's blackmailing of Tori will be the big revelation of the summer in this triangle. Just tell the man, Paul, damn! Literally, between episodes, something changed and i don't even understand what.

The writers are incompetent period...This triangle was dead on arrival..I think it is awful that Sonny has no agency at all, he is just reacting to Will and Sparkle...I like Sonny being confident, happy, assertive, aggressive and good-hearted that does not suffer fools gladly.. Will's infidelity should have pushed him to the dark side, after everything that he has done for that selfish jerk......I would have loved to have  seen a scenario where Sonny tricks Will into giving up his parental rights of Ari to him...It would be awesome just to see Will's reaction....Evil Sonny would be so much entertaining then Evil Will...He should punish Sparkle too for touching his husband, even if he was lied to by Will...

Edited by Apprentice79

The writers are incompetent period...This triangle was dead on arrival..I think it is awful that Sonny has no agency at all, he is just reacting to Will and Sparkle...I like Sonny being confident, happy, assertive, aggressive and good-hearted that does not suffer fools gladly.. Will's infidelity should have pushed him to the dark side, after everything that he has done for that selfish jerk......I would have loved to have  seen a scenario where Sonny tricks Will into giving up his parental rights of Ari to him...It would be awesome just to see Will's reaction....Evil Sonny would be so much entertaining then Evil Will...He should punish Sparkle too for touching his husband, even if he was lied to by Will...

There are so many better ways this whole storyline could have gone. I don't have an issue with the premise- honestly, from a writer and viewer standpoint- it was fantastic and one-of-a-kind- everyone was tuning in and, even if your ead the blogs or listen to podcasts, everyone was saying its the only interesting storyline on DOOL for months. All the way up to the reveal. After the reveal, it all crumbled because, frankly, this show has no idea how to handle fall out. Paulson/Wilson fallout- nonexistant. paul/John/Tori fallout- nonexistant. getting the diamonds fallout- nonexistant. They build and build but have no idea how to finish the creation.

• Love 2