Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

And I'm still trying to figure out Nicole's bustline. Maybe it's just the dresses she has on these days, I don't know. (Help.)

All I know is that she has to use the freight elevator now.

• Love 7
James Scott was very angry and disappointed with what they did to his character and I understand his reasoning for not returning to the Show.

James Scott was very out spoken about not liking what they did with the EJ character.  Saying EJ was stupid, sleazey, was being written OOC, etc.

Alison Sweeney OTOH was more diplomatic, but I don't think she liked what happened to Sami when she was paired with EJ.  Her comment about not liking being the dumbest person in the room really highlighted that for me.  From 2006 on, any time Sami defended EJ, believed him, gave him the benefit of the doubt, he stabbed her in the back every single time.

JS did not like Sami and EJ not ending up together.  AS said she felt bad for the Ejami fans.  However, AS then went on to say how much she liked Sami's exit, loved working with LK, that her favorite SLs in the last year were Kate/Sami teaming up for revenge, and Kate/Sami/Gabi tossing Nick in the river.

AS also posted her favorite moments with BD/Lucas, and GG/Rafe.  She said she would leave it up to the fans who they thought Sami should be with.  AS talked about how much she enjoyed Sami as a bad guy, and all her favorite Sami schemes.  She said she really loved when the truth about Will's paternity was revealed, and Carrie slapped Sami.  AS loved Sami's fueds with Kate and Nicole, and AS/LK/AZ are all friends who love working with each other.

I got the impression AS did not like Sami being turned into a doormat for EJ.  AS has close ties to the network (that's one of the reasons the producers wanted to be a part of her exit SL), and they asked her to sell the pairing so she did what they asked, only to once again have Sami be made a fool of by EJ.

In the album Sami takes with her and is looking at just before she leaves, there are pictures of Sami/Lucas, Sami/Roman, Sami/Carrie, Sami/Marlena, Sami/Will/Sonny/Adrienne, Sami/Johnny/Allie/Sydney, etc., but no Sami/EJ.

Every time Jenn or Dan put in an appearance, I feel sorry for JJ all over again even though he is the one who created this mess.

I wonder if Sneasel will call Sami and ask her to return to Salem to slap Adrienne for him?  I wonder what Lucas will think about Adrienne slapping Sneasel?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

It's difficult for me to say this but Abby actually looked nice today.  I liked her hair up in the ponytail and her outfit was cute.  She's still a horrendous character, but she's styled well.  Now back to the bitching :)  If the character is so awesome, why can she never fight her own battles?  Once again Chad walked in and rescued her from Anne--just once I'd like to see Abby actually act as fabulous as everyone else thinks she is.

Melanie and Brady are kind of gross together, especially with Mel acting as young as she does.  I know the actress is 24 years old in real life but she plays Melanie like she's 15 and barely allowed to date.

And I'm not too sure why Daniel keeps laughing so sarcastically while he's talking to Nicole--it's like he wants to scold her about something but he just can't because she's too darned cute.

• Love 3

I'm all for anyone slapping Will, and if it serves the dual purpose of nipping an Adrienne/Lucas pairing in the bud, well, then I'm extra happy. I like Adrienne somewhat, and I like Lucas a lot, but the two of them together is beyond strange. I will say that the two together so far not quite as skeevy as I thought it would be, but I don't want to see it progress.

• Love 3

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but Jen Lilley has an article on Buzzfeed featuring her reaction to classic villainesses, and it's literally the best thing to happen to my day. Seriously, this girl needs to be a leading lady.

• Love 5

If Maxine is only going to be used to prop Dannifer then she needs to go. It's unfortunate that this is what the writers choose to do with their only black female character. 

I want that plastic elephant from Kmart to be set on fire right in front of Serena.

Kate and Victor have been on decent terms for awhile now so why would Stefano think Victor would help him set her up? Is Stefano playing both of them?

Chad is pathetic. Another character being trashed at the alter of that trashbag Abifail. 

• Love 6

Franco, LUcas, Brandon, Rafe and EJ all treated Sami awful.  But with the exception of Franco she got them back. imo

But in the end Sami forgave them all.  She is a forgiving person.  But do not think she forgave abifail.

Edited by bobcat1946

The most interesting thing about today's show was Nicole's boobs.

Please come back, Sonny!

Abigail also looked shockingly fantastic and semi-professional.

They might as well have Maxine wear a do-rag and set up a pancake station. It's sad because the actress is good, but the character is just the biggest stereotype ever. And she's a Danifer proper which just no!

• Love 3

It's difficult for me to say this but Abby actually looked nice today.  I liked her hair up in the ponytail and her outfit was cute.  She's still a horrendous character, but she's styled well.  Now back to the bitching :)  If the character is so awesome, why can she never fight her own battles?  Once again Chad walked in and rescued her from Anne--just once I'd like to see Abby actually act as fabulous as everyone else thinks she is.

Melanie and Brady are kind of gross together, especially with Mel acting as young as she does.  I know the actress is 24 years old in real life but she plays Melanie like she's 15 and barely allowed to date.

And I'm not too sure why Daniel keeps laughing so sarcastically while he's talking to Nicole--it's like he wants to scold her about something but he just can't because she's too darned cute.

I thought Abby looked good today, and I have no use for her character either. I liked today's show.

Abby's totally falling for Chad's knight in shining armor routine today.

Nicole looked great today.

Loved seeing Stefano too, he was kind of too "oh well" about EJ being dead to Victor, he might of just said he's not dead. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

When is someone gonna kick Dingy's ass and throw his brittle boned bitch ass in a wood chipper? "I'm not gonna let this go" might as well because nobody invited you to join in on the fray or asked your opinion on the matter. You just butted in and then asks Nicole, "Shouldn't she be working?" Well Dingy you had a problem with her working before when you wanted to take her out that one night. This all happened two seconds into the show, so I knew I was in for a long day with this show today.

Nicole really needs to stop lowering herself for Dingy. WTH is wrong with her?? The brain tumor thing might not be such a bad idea afterall.

Judgy Jacosta, "I'm gonna stay out of my office." Bitch, you're barely in there, it's not like Dingy doesn't know where you live, so he can track your ass down there. All he has to do is follow the stench of roadkill to find you. Why would Eeyore & Dumbass wanna hang out with Judgy Jacosta?? Are they desperate??

Dannifer Pimptress is such an unprofessional bitch. I bet if you go in her house it's full of Dingy photos and a blow up doll that looks just like him, complete with dead animal fur as his hair and a 4 inch dildo. 

Yes Toothy, let's just brag about everyone that loves your Billion Tooth Ass, don't be so damn arrogant, you stankhole. I guess that's what each tooth represents, the amount of people who love her. People should stop caring about her so we can knock some of them damn teeth out of her mouth.

Chad acts like a little boy and then gets Anne off the project so that Jar Jar can run it herself. Hopefully it's ran right into the ground. Why is Jar Jar always questioning Chad?? She's just thirsty for attention and needs to sit her stank ass down somewhere. She's so nauseating, irritating and I wanna snatch her whole damn fronts out. If Chad is stupid enough to want that thing back, he can have her, cause I don't like Chad anyway, he's such a puss.

Glad Victor told Kate about Stefano's plans. Stefano is just an idiot and needs to be written out. I knew Victor wouldn't turn on Kate for the likes of Stefano. Hope Kate and Victor take down Stefano & Chad and then both kill off Creepy Molester. 

Shrewena, I would LOVE for you to go, but I know I won't get my wish. Really Shrewena just walk up to TBD and pull the elephant right on out, sick to death of her pulling that elephant out. I just wanna bash her over the head with it. Glad Nicole caught her.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

Daniel to Nicole: "Aren't you supposed to be working?'  Uh, Daniel, this is Salem.  Nobody works there. Speaking of which, Eric tells Serena that he thinks she didn't have to work today.  Isn't she a researcher?  Does she have regular hours?

Are there more closeups of Jennifer lately?  Making her look old?

Thank you, Show, for making text messages we can read.  But, um, Serena texting from Eric's bed is a little creepy.

Is Chad playing Stefano or Kate?

Aw, Victor, spend more time worrying about Clyde than Kate. Is Stefano playing Victor? And now Victor tells Kate about Stefano's phone call.  Are they all playing each other?  I hate it when I don't know what's going on.

"I have my specialties," says Nicole, grasping at her cleavage.

Jesus, Daniel, get your nose out of other people's business.

Is Anne only working on this project, and no longer runs HR?  Is Theresa in charge over there now?

Please, Show, end this silly elephant story.

• Love 3

I wonder how much they pay the actress who plays Maxine to come in every couple of weeks and berate Nicole?

Serena had me ping-ponging today -- at first I thought she was DONE with Eric and Salem now that she had a chance to switch elephants. But by the end of that segment with Eric in his apartment, she really did seem emotional. I won't even comment on what ultimately happened to the elephants (aargh). 

I was afraid for a minute or two that Nicole was going to come out of Daniel's room in nothing but saran wrap or something. 

I loved Melanie and Brady today. I can't remember any of Brady's recent exes standing up to him like that in a healthy way. Kristin was always playing games until it was too late, Theresa always seemed afraid of him, and Nicole was needy most of the time (of course). I'm rooting for them!

I can't make head or tails of the Victor/Kate/Stefano thing and who's playing who, but I thought it was clever that they ended with Stefano-as-maestro : )

Good day! 

• Love 4

This Clyde/Stephano war is stupid. When you know a character makes Stephano look good as a father, there's a problem with the storyline! 

Maybe Eric and Serena have chemistry, but it figures Days would throw in an elephant to stink up the whole storyline between two characters that might have chemistry.

The changing nature of Nicole's bust line could probably ignite a more interesting mystery storyline than this stupid elephant. 

Why is Daniel allowed to obsess over Jennifer but Nicole can't obsess over Eric?

Melanie, Brady -- who cares. Wake me up when Teresa hurls her next insult. It gives me life...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I loved Melanie and Brady today. I can't remember any of Brady's recent exes standing up to him like that in a healthy way. Kristin was always playing games until it was too late, Theresa always seemed afraid of him, and Nicole was needy most of the time (of course). I'm rooting for them!

I agree with you both.  I'm enjoying Mel with Brady, but so far, only when she's pissed off at him.  Then she speaks and acts like a grown-up.  But as soon as the anger is gone, the words may be right, but she's back to chewing her hair, doing the lopsided grin and exposing more teeth than a velociraptor eyeing Nicole's assets and thinking about lunch.

And speaking of Nicole, I think we can all see now where her brains have gone.  And it's a crying shame.  

Are there more closeups of Jennifer lately?  Making her look old?

Thank you, Show, for making text messages we can read.  But, um, Serena texting from Eric's bed is a little creepy.

Jesus, Daniel, get your nose out of other people's business.

Once upon a time, long, long ago, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, there was a brief time when I actually felt sorry for Dirty Dan.  I know, hard to believe, but it's true.  Jenn was being particularly wretched  - I can't remember why anymore - but she was being such a horror to him that I very grudgingly felt some sympathy for him.

And starting yesterday, and a bit today, I felt the same way for Jenn because of him.  STFU Dark Roast.  Close your yap and go to a corner and pick off your body lice or something.  

Do you have any idea how horrifiying it is for me to feel any sympathy for Jenn?  Scary shit, folks, scary.  Luckily, she reaffirmed her wretchedness by Show's end, so I think I"m safe.  But Dan the Man is acting like he's been possessed by Maggie or something.  Grown men do NOT behave like this.  What am I saying?  This is Salem - of course they do.

I hope Serena took a picture of Eric's private bits and posted it on Reddit.  That site has awesome enlargement assistance.  

Victor, my Victor, Prince of my heart!  Dump Maggie, and save Kate from herself and that congealed bowl of grits and gravy she calls a Clyde.  

I really hope Victor is playing Stephano, and maybe this storyline is the start of him beginning to make a play for Kate.

• Love 2

I really enjoy me some Victor, Stefano and Kate shenannigans. Loved the opera bit!

Daniel has become quite the hen.

Nicole's dresses are two sizes too tight and too short and too low. She has such a killer body, but they manage to make her look trashy instead of sexy.

Eric and Serena have chemistry, but she needs to stop pouting over that f'ing elephant statue. When will it end?!

I'm a little surprised about Chad and Abby. I thought I'd like them more than I do. I'll give it time though. The history and story potential is there.

• Love 2

My biggest problem with this elephant statue thing is that Serena has been after this elephant for months now, and we still have NO idea what the stakes are. What if she fails her mission? What if she never gets the elephant? Will her bosses kill Eric? Her? Even without knowing what the elephant does, we should at least know what's at stake if she doesn't follow through. All we've gotten so far is a vague threat that doesn't exactly put Eric at risk.

I love Anne, but she has the most confusing job. I know I keep harping on this, but she is the head of Human Resources. Why is she wasting her time on some grant-funded charity project, when every HR department in America is dealing with Affordable Care Act compliance regulations?

• Love 4

I love Anne, but she has the most confusing job. I know I keep harping on this, but she is the head of Human Resources. Why is she wasting her time on some grant-funded charity project, when every HR department in America is dealing with Affordable Care Act compliance regulations?

I get what you're saying but if you try to figure out who does what when and where at the hospital you'll end up with hair like Mel's and a brain like Brady's.  It's not worth it.

This is the same hospital that has our HERO, Dr. Dan, doing brain surgery, appendectomies, delicate muscle/bone work, etc.  Apparently the only skill he's yet to master is bathing.

And we have Jenn, who we were told yesterday by Abby, her busiest time of the day at work is in the morning.  Huh?  She's in PR last I heard.  Does she also collect eggs and slop the hogs?  Scratch that last one since she's not dating Dr. Dan anymore...

And Abigail does....something.....usually in the breakroom, and it seems that she also gets paid to slap people on company time.  

Not to mention Maxine, the Wonder Nurse, who assists in surgery, does med/surg floor work, mans the desk, and lets not forget her most important job of all, kisses the collective asses of the Jonas clan.

And Theresa....I may love her, but her main job seems to be yelling at people and making cocktails.

Busy place that hospital.

• Love 11

One good thing about the laughable attempts to turn Chad into the next EJ is that eventually Abifail will get out of line and he'll declare revenge on her. Hopefully his revenge leads to her being murdered and thrown in a back alley.

• Love 2
Victor, my Victor, Prince of my heart!  Dump Maggie, and save Kate from herself and that congealed bowl of grits and gravy she calls a Clyde.

Wait a minute, he's MY Victor!  Oh well, he's so awesome there's enough to share!  John Aniston is a treasure.  I love him so much.

I've been watching and rewatching the key confrontations in the Will/Sonny and JJ/Eve storylines because they are so damn good. 

Freddie absolutely killed it -- Sonny's heartbroken eyes, the rage in his voice he didn't even try to hide, his stark demands for the truth.  Will has been giving me violent rage attacks ever since the truth began to come out.  His constant "It's all my fault, BUT YOU..." refrain as he looks for a way out.  I am in no way, shape, or form an Adrienne fan, but I LOVED HER lashing out at Will.  It was a nice juxtaposition of their stories -- we the audience could see that much of the rage fueling her verbal attack -- and that slap! -- was her own rage at Justin, but Will was so shocked he could barely stammer out two words. 

(By the way, I'm a huge Mama Narita fan.  Between "Use real words!" and calling Marlena "a meddling psychiatrist", she's got me for life.  Seriously -- "a meddling psychiatrist"!  That is Marlena to a T!)

I feel that Will is being written and acted as true to someone who grew up in the cesspool of family dysfunction that he did.  (That's probably because I missed him being SORASed; this is the only adult Will I know.)  He's definitely Sami's son, in terms of trying to justify his actions, but Sami was always defiant and sure of herself as she flung her justifications at people.  Will lacks that innate sense of self that Sami always had, and frankly, he's not nearly as smart as she was.  He is very childish, in both his reasoning and his reactions.  He is always surprised that whatever justification he offers is refused and thrown back in his face. 

As for JJ/Eve/Jennifer -- I could write a novel about Jennifer's dysfunction and how it reminds me of my own extremely crazy mother.  Jennifer is seriously fucked up about sex, and I wish the show would explore the reasons *why*.  My mother slut-shamed me worse than Jennifer slut-shamed JJ, but as an adult, knowing more about her family of origin, I understand *why*.  No mother is that involved in her child's sex life without having severe issues -- what are they?  Do they stem from guilt from having fallen in love with, and married, a rapist?  Or from her own attack (wasn't she raped by Lawrence Alamain for... reasons?)?  It would make sense -- the whole revelation that Jack had raped Kayla, followed by the shocking news that Abby had been sleeping with EJ, could have triggered these emotions in Jennifer and wound her up.

This storylines NEEDS this background, because without it, it is terrifying, and not in the way the show intends.  Jennifer's hysterical verbal (and physical) attacks on Eve and her son were some of the ugliest maternal moments I've witnessed, and I watch GH!  Her son is so tortured with self-hatred that I'm afraid he's going to be driven to suicide.  The actor is really selling JJ's stark conviction that he is not a good person, that even trying to be a good person is just a waste of time because he's so damaged. He broke my heart, and killed any sympathy I had for Eve, because she is supposed to be the adult in the room, and there's no way she can't realize that the longer they are involved the worse he gets.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 7

Sparkle and his badly acted mother are dead to me.  Paul tells his mom his side of the sordid Will mess, so she now knows that Sonny is married and then Paul admits that he plans on getting Sonny back and the first words out of her mouth are is he sure he wants to be with a man like Sonny.  WTF??!!

Is she in  someway insinuating that Sonny isn't good enough for Paul?  As if Sonny's being married shows his low moral character but meanwhile she has no problem with her own kid wanting to break up a relationship?  Are you kidding me with this?

I do like Will and Lucas working together to uncover Paul's background.  I think if Will has Lucas backing him up, Paul will find himself with not only a worthy competitor, but he just may be outmatched :)

• Love 5

I think that we are starting to see the real Sparkle...Plus, he is a retcon that is just a foil for Wilson because the writers lack imagination to write them a decent story. I am loving Will and Lucas together..I like that he is standing by his boy. I know that Will's blackmail scheme will blow in his face, but I love Lucas' support of Will. They have always ignored their father/son bond...I am hoping that Sonny will come back to reclaim his family. I hope we get a scene of Sonny apologizing to Ari for leaving without seeing her..She must be missing her other daddy...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Sneasel, you're making it way too easy to hate you, dude.

ETA:  Of course Sneasel is Sneasel but he's going about this all the wrong way.  Paul isn't a threat to his marriage; he is.  He's the one who should be answering the difficult questions about the state of his marriage.  Sonny isn't the one that wrecked it.

Edited by lilly6
  • Love 5

Am I missing something?  Paul said he loves Sonny and he wants Sonny back, which he's been saying all along, and that there's a chance now.  I don't see what's so super evil about that.  It's classic soap.

• Love 14

Sparkle is a retcon for Wilson, just like Marina was one for Steve and Kayla back in the day. Sonny is still married and he should keep his distance..His mother was right in that he needs to stay away from him. Unfortunately, Will's blackmail scheme is going to push Sparkle to fight hard for Sonny...

• Love 3

Sparkle's mother is worthless. She needs to spend less time worrying about what kind of man Sonny is and more time worrying about why her garbage son has absolutely no qualms about going after a married man who has repeatably told him he didn't want him. Are we sure he isn't related to Abifail? And btw, Sonny is a far better man than your obsessive, creepy, stalker-ish, boundary-less shitbag son. Of course she thinks her rancid child can do better than Sonny, are we sure she isn't related to racoon Jen?

Theresa lashes out like a crazed banshee anytime someone gets within five feet of her and then she wants to tear up when no one wants anything to do with her. Please get it together.

• Love 3

Sparkle is a retcon for Wilson.

I'm not sure retcon is the right word.  Spoiler, third point in a triangle, sure.  But there were other men in Sonny's life before Will and nothing about Paul has really contradicted anything we already knew.

• Love 6

Do you think we will ever see Aiden in court?  Or the kids playing baseball?   I'd even settle for the fund raiser, even if Paul has to be there.  Anything to make everyone stop obsessing over their own or someone else's love life! 

• Love 3

When Sonny proposed to Will last year, there was no indication that Sonny had proposed once to another man. When Adrienne voiced her objections to them getting married, she never once mentioned Sparkle. When Sonny talked about his ex that was the most selfish person in the world, there was no indication that there was any residual feelings. There was a finality to it..Been there done that attitude on Sonny's part..There was no longing on Sonny's part. All of the sudden, Paul comes into town and they are having heart-to heart conversations and kissing one another. Sparkle's entire existence has been a plot point from the very beginning...I don't have a problem with Sonny having a past, it is the way that Sparkle has been shoehorned into Wilson's lives.

I always wanted an ex of Sonny's to come into town and shake Wilson up, but, not like this...Paulson's supposed love story is forced and unnecessary. Plus, Will is being thrown under the bus to make Paulson more palatable and that bothers me alot..He is a legacy child. It is working based on the vitriol against Will and Guy Wilson. People are saying that  Will deserves to burn in hell for all eternity for his indiscretion. Sonny and Paul look good together, so they should be together.  No matter how much the writers may write their stupid storylines, I will never believe that William Robert Horton who was hopelessly devoted and in love with Jackson Steven kiriakis would have thrown it all way for a night of passion with a man that he barely knew...I know what  I saw for the last two years, he would never put Arianna's family life in jeopardy...He wanted to be better than his parents...

It was the same thing with Marina, Steve never mentioned to Kayla that he had had an ex wife..All of the sudden she shows up and starts targeting Kayla to get back together with Steve...I do believe that Steve was still legally married to her and  that invalidated that beautiful marriage that they had had the previous year..What a way to shit on a couple and their fans...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

A fundraiser? There's another fundraiser? Wasn't the last one, that Hope and Aiden spent endless scenes boring us about, enough??

If I were Sneasel, I would spend more time writing a long heartfelt email to Sonny that makes me sound like I'm truly sorry I cheated on him and accept full responsibility for it, and less time on investigating Paul. Paul can't take Sonny from you, Sneasel. Sonny's not a possession with no agency of his own. As for Lucas, I wish he would recall his own experience of having been cheated on and use that to advise his idiot son on what to say and what not to say to Sonny. Again, I think that would be more legitimately useful than investigating Paul.

And wasn't Sneasel supposed to have done background on Paul already for the article? God, he really is a terrible journalist.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5

Why does everyone think having a "private" conversation is sitting in a public place like the park? The place where people are shot, stabbed, almost sexually assaulted, you know that's just a good place to have conversations in Salem. Narita's mom still stinks. Sparkles is just pathetic on how he wants to try and get Sonny. WTF does Sonny have to do here?? He's told Sparkles so many times that he's NOT INTERESTED. Does Sonny have to Lorena Bobbitt Sparkle's dick and throw it in the park? 

Sneasel is so pathetic, Lucas calls what he's doing as potential blackmail and Sneasel doesn't see it that way. What kills me though is how he harps on Sami for the things that she's done over the years but it's okie dokie if he does it. Such a hypocrite. Sneasel just hems and haws over Sparkles and his marriage and that whole "If I lose Sonny, it'll be because of me." Well no shit Sherlock, who else fault will it be? This story sucks because everyone involved minus Sonny sucks. Sparkles, Sneasel, Carbon Narita, just all stink either in acting or their character just sucks.

Yikes!! Casper is gonna suck at baseball with Geriatric Coach, all Casper is gonna learn is how to catch and hit a ball while making a sucking lemons face. Scenes with Yawn & Aiden was so damn forced, writers have no sense of subtlety whatsoever.

Ugh Nicole kissing Dingy. Girl just lost all shred of dignity and respect, not that she had much to begin with.

Theresa, I love ya but quit huffing and puffing when you have a task assigned to you, even though I wouldn't know how Dannifer Pimptress would know about a payroll issue. Why didn't someone from HR come to Theresa, why is Dannifer Pimptress dishing out orders to Theresa? That's not her job.

Of course Shrewena grabs the wrong one. Doofus. Now we have to endure more of this A Very Brady Sequel ripoff. 

• Love 3

I always wanted an ex of Sonny's to come into town and shake Wilson up, but, not like this...

When an ex comes to town on a soap, it's always like this, to a degree.  There's always lingering feelings.

• Love 2

Can the writers evolve Theresa, just a little? Since she and Brady broke up literally all she's been doing is yelling at people. Some of those people may deserve it, but still. It's boring and repetitive. Give Jen Lilley something better to work with.

When an ex comes to town on a soap, it's always like this, to a degree.  There's always lingering feelings.

Not all exes come to town acting like creepy obsessive borderline stalkers.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Sonny is the only rootable character in this triangle, but I'm sure the writers will get around to ruining him at some point, like they have so many other characters.

Could just one person in Salem respect someone else's relationship or their own?  Yes, cheating is a soap staple, but if none of these people want to be with one person, they can solve that problem by not being in an exclusive relationship, not getting engaged, not getting married, etc.  Don't want to commit to "forsaking all others" then don't, and don't lead someone else to believe that's what you want.

OMG, would someone please destroy that stupid elephant!!!  Serena's SL is rapidly going the same way Jordan's did - nowhere and boring.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I need someone to find Melanie's crimping iron and use it to beat her and Daniel to death with it. Make your own damn lunch and buy your own damn tie asshole. At least Nicole's hair looked the best it has in a long time. But her left boob looked much perkier than her right boob. Between that and Brady looking he was going to go out clubbing, I wonder is there a mirror anywhere on set?

Drake, Guy, and the Tori actress were all horrible today. I can't believe they actually get paid for their work. Equally horrifying was the Photoshop on that lake picture. I'm pretty sure I could sit my dog down at the computer and he could have done a better job. Something else was horrifying too: is Guy wearing a hairpeice? When he scratched his head, his hair moved as if not attached to his scalp.

Serena & Nicole snipping at each other was actually funny. But the elephant story hasn't moved at all in over a month. This show has pacing issues in general, but the way the current (and fortunatly fired) writers have "paced" the elephant story is just embarrassing.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

My biggest problem with this elephant statue thing is that Serena has been after this elephant for months now, and we still have NO idea what the stakes are. What if she fails her mission? What if she never gets the elephant? Will her bosses kill Eric? Her? Even without knowing what the elephant does, we should at least know what's at stake if she doesn't follow through. All we've gotten so far is a vague threat that doesn't exactly put Eric at risk.

The fate of Pier One Imports depends on it. 

• Love 11

Not all exes come to town acting like creepy obsessive borderline stalkers.

I don't think Paul's coming off as creepy or obsessive.  Get back to me when he makes a necklace out of Sonny's toenail clippings or something. ;)

• Love 7

Why did he show  up at Sonny's and Will's house at the end..That is totally inappropriate..I don't think he is obsessive, but more entitled and overstepping his bounds. I like the actor that plays Sparkle...It would be cool if he came in as a friend for Wilson instead of a spoiler..I have always felt that Wilson needed gay friends..It was very jarring not seeing any gay people at their wedding last year. I understand the show not wanting to scare too many conservatives with too many gay people on there. The homophobes leave alot of hate mail on their facebook page..However, seeing Wilson interacting with gay people would be nice..We could have had some recurring characters coming in to spice things up for Wilson..Who knows one of them could have even been a temptation storyline for Will or Sonny....Will could have gone dancing with some friends and he meets a gorgeous guy there and sparks fly..Even though they dress Will like Mr. Rogers, he is still a young man..He should be out and about..Being married with a kid does not mean you don't get a life of your own...Like I said these writers lack any type of imagination to give us good character-driven stories...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The elephant storyline makes me want to make a bad pun about it being the elephant in the room, when the writers got fired. Forgive me, PTVers, for I have sinned.

I don't think Paul's coming off as creepy or obsessive.  Get back to me when he makes a necklace out of Sonny's toenail clippings or something. ;)

I agree. I have tried for so long to take to Guy Wilson's Will, but it keeps getting worse for me, not better. I really want them to put Sonny and Paul together, and send Will and the baby out of town, to live with Sami.

I can feel Paul's side of the story more than I can Will's. Paul was in love with Sonny and lost him, because Paul lacked the courage to come out. He comes to Salem and learns Sonny is married (or at the time, he at least knew Sonny was involved). Paul then stayed away from Sonny. Paul meets this writer who encourages him to come out, sleeps with him, and then is all, "Oh, sorry, I'm involved. No more soup for you." The writer then convinces Paul to give his long lost love one more try. Then Paul finds out that cheating writer Will is Sonny's husband? How is Paul the bad guy, here? He's not trying to break up a happy marriage. He sees a marriage that his falling apart, and is hoping that if it does fall apart, he can have another chance with Sonny? 

I think the big mistake was making it be Will the one who cheated. Will had been away, had been hardly talking to Sonny on the phone, and once he got home, he was cold and preoccupied. It would have made much more sense to me, story-wise, if Sonny had been the one who gave into temptation (preferably during a bad time with Will).

• Love 10

I do think, and I think I said this before, that the show probably should have done this type of story BEFORE Will and Sonny got married.  As is, I'm in no rush back to the status quo where they have fights that last one episode, when they're not smiling blandly at each other and folding baby clothes.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

We have all said that the cheating storyline should  have been for Sonny and not Will..That is why I hate the storyline for them...Will is so insecure, he would have never done anything this stupid to jeopardize his marriage to Sonny...This is a deal breaker for a man like Sonny...Even if he takes Will back, he will not trust him again...The funny thing is that most people hate this cheating storyline on this forum and on other forums that I have frequented in the past..This storyline is an epic fail and has diminished Will and Sonny..It was poorly conceived, written with no satisfying payoff in the future...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I need someone to find Melanie's crimping iron and use it to beat her and Daniel to death with it. Make your own damn lunch and buy your own damn tie asshole. At least Nicole's hair looked the best it has in a long time. But her left boob looked much perkier than her right boob. Between that and Brady looking he was going to go out clubbing, I wonder is there a mirror anywhere on set?

Drake, Guy, and the Tori actress were all horrible today. I can't believe they actually get paid for their work. Equally horrifying was the Photoshop on that lake picture. I'm pretty sure I could sit my dog down at the computer and he could have done a better job. Something else was horrifying too: is Guy wearing a hairpeice? When he scratched his head, his hair moved as if not attached to his scalp.

Serena & Nicole snipping at each other was actually funny. But the elephant story hasn't moved at all in over a month. This show has pacing issues in general, but the way the current (and fortunatly fired) writers have "paced" the elephant story is just embarrassing.

I think the elephant story comes to an end soon, or at least more of the truth about it comes out. I HOPE SO anyway. I don't like the story, but I love the chemistry between Serena and Eric.

• Love 3

Damn, I was hoping the elephant would shatter when Serena dropped it.  Maybe it's solid gold with white paint on it?  Talk about white elephants ...

Is Nicole wearing a different dress from the one she was wearing when she entered Daniel's house?  And I'm not talking about the short thingie she was wearing when Serena came in.

No, John, you don't KNOW Paul, you have met him.  Not the same thing.

Beautiful gold and black dress Theresa is wearing.

Ugh, Nicole, find a shred of self-respect and dump Daniel.  Rafe is available.

Will really is a weasel.

My mother, who doesn't watch the show, asked me today if anybody on the show is happily married.  And I had to tell her that there are only two married couples - Will and Sonny, who are currently broken up because Will slept with Paul, and Adrienne and Justin, who are having problems because she thinks he is having an affair and she keeps kissing Lucas.

• Love 1

Sparkle's mother is worthless. She needs to spend less time worrying about what kind of man Sonny is and more time worrying about why her garbage son has absolutely no qualms about going after a married man who has repeatably told him he didn't want him. Are we sure he isn't related to Abifail? And btw, Sonny is a far better man than your obsessive, creepy, stalker-ish, boundary-less shitbag son. Of course she thinks her rancid child can do better than Sonny, are we sure she isn't related to racoon Jen?

Theresa lashes out like a crazed banshee anytime someone gets within five feet of her and then she wants to tear up when no one wants anything to do with her. Please get it together.

I agree that Sparkle and his mother are worthless to me, but at least Sparkle's mother told him to leave the married couple alone.

Will has created an opening, but Sparkle should step back and let them sort out their shit until Sonny lets him know what he wants.

I love Will and Lucas and I can enjoy them more that Sami isn't taking all the air in the room. I like this Will. Even though he needs to focus on himself, his explanation to Lucas made sense to me.

I don't see why Will is so weaselly for blackmailing Mama Narita because I don't give a damn about her or her spawn. Will can't win-when he is too passive it's a problem and now that he's making stuff happen it still is.

Paul is the equivalent of Abby for me in the way he is written. The writers are making him perfect. The only difference between Will and Sami is that Will dug his own hole instead of being the victim.

I wonder if Jawn is Mama Narita's great love? The pic of Tori at the DiMera boathouse makes me think Will assumes Paul's dad is Stefano, but it's actually Jawn.

I would hate if Sparkle was Jawn's because that means Lucas, Kate, Marlena and Victor will all jump on the Sparkle train eventually, because everyone loves Jawn. It's just boring to me.

If Sparkle were Stefano's, sure it would be played out, but with Kate and Vic going up against Steffy, it could be interesting. I could see Chad and Paul on opposite sides of the WilSon issue and they could still have J and M vs. Stefano. If Kate and Steffy got back together, they could also be on opposite sides.

Anyway, as much as Sparkle proclaims he didn't know who Will was, I still wonder if that is true. Would they really give Jawn a bad kid? Even though Will is the one who gave in to temptation, I roll my eyes every time CS declares that Will is the only bad guy because all is fair in love and war.

Personally, I want Will to succeed with or without Sonny,and if Adrienne wants to slap the taste out of Will's mouth she shouldn't get to see Ari.

I have a feeling that Sonny isn't going to approve of Will's antics and that this will be another roadblock to reconciliation.

I'm a masochist, so I want Sonny to choose Paul and for Will and Sonny to get a divorce.

Paul really seems bolstered by the possibility that Sonny only married Will because he couldn't have Paul. It would be fun to see Paul try and hang onto Sonny while Sonny is green with jealousy over Will and another love interest.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 4