Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

"Allie" and Evan looked good together. They seem to have chemistry and would have made an interesting pairing if the show would have written Allie more like her mother.  I'd rather see a scheming confident Allie over the wishy-washy one we got. Clearly LA can pull it off as she's doing well w/the devil gig.  Plus it would be fun to see the family fall-out of Allie dating Orpheus's son, kinda a throwback to their displeasure when Sami got with a Dimera. 

• Love 11

Awww, the poor necktie killer couldn't go through with it. Andre with his shiny skull suit - at least now I know that they aren't water droplets.

Susan Banks flies in on her psychic broom? Tells EJ that Johnny did not write the letter, thinks it's Tony and then Andre? And at the end she is getting her memories of J-Devil back? Has it rained lately? Anyone visited the crypt? Surely someone would go once a week to take fresh flowers.

Evan looks good. He and Allie do look good together.

Poor Jake. Getting his memories back and then getting clonked. I find it funny that the apartment door doesn't have a peephole so you can see who is on the other side. Most apartment doors would have a peephole - unless maybe you live in a swanky penthouse condo where guests show up on your TV screen so you decide who you let visit you.

Shawn, surely there are other options for Jan Spears that do not include her staying at your home. Rent her a short term apartment. You and Belle do not need to take care of her, and Belle especially. I can see why she ran off to the DiMera house and poured her own drink.

• Love 10

Oh....yay.....Susan Banks is back....

giphy.gif

It seems to me that Salem has more than one satanic infestation.  Yeah, we got the Kangaroo demon who jumps from one person to another, but I think the bigger demonic infestation is whoever is in charge of sets.  

Hope's house (when did it become Belle's house?) looks like it was decorated by 5 different people, none of whom have ever seen wallpaper or furniture or drapes or anything else a human being has willingly chosen, and the DiMera mansion looks more like something Susan Banks sees in her dreams - her bad dreams.  Ciara's apartment perfectly reflects her and that ain't no compliment.

I did enjoy seeing RSW try to act today.  I know the humor wasn't intended but it sure was there!  I hope tomorrow we get to hear him scream "CIAAAAAAAAAARA" at least once.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Shawn, surely there are other options for Jan Spears that do not include her staying at your home. Rent her a short term apartment. You and Belle do not need to take care of her, and Belle especially. I can see why she ran off to the DiMera house and poured her own drink.

Supposedly, the only reason Jan was let out of prison is because a cop was supervising her so a short term rental wouldn't work.  He could, however, have insisted she be released to Shady Pines or whatever the hell the mental health facility is called.  That would make too much sense for this show though.  So because EJ was around when Belle got drunk once, he's now on the hook for all her follow up booze?   That was strange. She could have simply gone to her parents house, where presumably they don't care if she drinks the booze.

7 hours ago, boes said:

Oh....yay.....Susan Banks is back....

giphy.gif

It seems to me that Salem has more than one satanic infestation.  Yeah, we got the Kangaroo demon who jumps from one person to another, but I think the bigger demonic infestation is whoever is in charge of sets.  

Hope's house (when did it become Belle's house?" looks like it was decorated by 5 different people, none of whom have ever seen wallpaper or furniture or drapes or anything else a human being has willingly chosen, and the DiMera mansion looks more like something Susan Banks sees in her dreams - her bad dreams.  Ciara's apartment perfectly reflects her and that ain't no compliment.

I did enjoy seeing RSW try to act today.  I know the humor wasn't intended but it sure was there!  I hope tomorrow we get to hear him scream "CIAAAAAAAAAARA" at least once.

I love when RSW tries to portray "angst" or "internal conflict."  If John's go-to is "Smell the fart" Ben's go-to is "Man, do I have gas pains."

• LOL 12

I like the mother/son scenes between Susan and EJ --the actor has the right blend of fond exasperation when he deals with her over the top-ness.

Evan is such a good looking man and good actor--the show needs to find a way to keep him around.

• Love 15

Really enjoyed today's episode, all parts of it, and how all the characters shown eventually crossed path into the overall story arc. Show doesn't manage to pull that off enough these days.   Favorite lines:

"I really wanted to kill Weston and his wife myself. I feel cheated." -Evan

"Let me get this straight; the devil possessed Johnny and then convinced him Italy was lovely this time of year." -EJ

"I love you Elvis, but right now you are really getting on my nerves...Who stays dead in this town!?" -Susan

But most of all, loved Allie-devil's eye roll when Ciara started going on about her and Ben's connection and epic love.  How I feel every time. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Evan is such a good looking man and good actor--the show needs to find a way to keep him around.

This this this! My sister was like, 'Let's keep him for Sonny. Who cares about Will?!' lol.

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Really enjoyed today's episode, all parts of it, and how all the characters shown eventually crossed path into the overall story arc. Show doesn't manage to pull that off enough these days.  

Right! What a fun ride! So many amazing lines and there was a lot of great acting. Ron is horrible but he can hit some good stuff once in awhile.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I like the mother/son scenes between Susan and EJ --the actor has the right blend of fond exasperation when he deals with her over the top-ness.

Not a Susan fan but today she was tolerable and I give EJ credit for that. DF is good with her.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Tripp is Henry's uncle. Rafe asking him to babysit is one of the few things on this show that makes sense.

Tripp and Allie just broke up.   There were other choices.   It seemed really Insensitive JMHO.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Susan had the Evergreen line of the show about how on Days nobody stays dead..

If only we can improve that notion by killing Susan for good. And Kristen. And Gwen. And...

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

But most of all, loved Allie-devil's eye roll when Ciara started going on about her and Ben's connection and epic love.  How I feel every time. 

That devil really is the new pop up Victor or Lucas when it comes to snarking on behalf of the viewers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Tripp is Henry's uncle. Rafe asking him to babysit is one of the few things on this show that makes sense.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp and Allie just broke up.   There were other choices.   It seemed really Insensitive JMHO.  

I thought it was because Henry knows Tripp, rather than a stranger? It did seem weird, but this is Days, so anything goes. Roman is really the only other choice that I can think of off the top of my head who wasn't already busy in a different storyline. 

• Love 5

I too enjoyed today's show. Susan had the best line of no one stays dead in Salem and I also like Allie's eye roll at Ciara waxing on about her connection with Ben. I do have a connection like that with someone so I can relate but Ciara is reacting a bit immaturely with this great love.

At least Johnny got rescued before he started to really smell bad. Ben had just gotten there so he wasn't as rank. At least Susan put the Salem brain cells together and figured out that Johnny was in the crypt.

Wonder if ZombieAndre will make another appearance.

AllieDevil, won't the Horton cabin be one of the first places folks will look for Ciara? Nice of her to have the pretend Rafe call when Rafe was at Ciara's and found..... Jake.

I like Evan. Maybe he can stick around for a bit.

I hope Johnny doesn't go after Tripp - at least his dad took him to the hospital.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Tripp's a doctor, it's not like he has nothing to do all day. Drop Henry at the pub and let a Brady watch him.

Loved Susan's nobody stays dead line to EJ who died and didn't stay dead.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've joked that Evan should just be a recast Eric because he played Young Dean on Supernatural and he's still got a pretty good resemblance to Jensen Ackles. It'd be hilarious for Eric to suddenly be about ten years younger than Sammi but why should that really matter when Will is supposed to be 2 years younger than his ex-stepfather?

I kinda wanna see them chemtest Zach Tinker and Brock Kelly. Just see what happens. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If only we can improve that notion by killing Susan for good. And Kristen. And Gwen. And...

I could tolerate Susan in small doses if she was more grounded in reality(which is only apparent in scenes with EJ tbh) but they portray her as someone who's barely functioning so yes she needs to join the afterlife with Kristen, Gwen etc and they can stay dead.

• Love 7
On 4/29/2022 at 2:17 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Really enjoyed today's episode, all parts of it, and how all the characters shown eventually crossed path into the overall story arc. Show doesn't manage to pull that off enough these days.   Favorite lines:

"I really wanted to kill Weston and his wife myself. I feel cheated." -Evan

"Let me get this straight; the devil possessed Johnny and then convinced him Italy was lovely this time of year." -EJ

"I love you Elvis, but right now you are really getting on my nerves...Who stays dead in this town!?" -Susan

You forgot Susan's "does anyone stay dead in Salem?" to EJ

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Jake, you might have a concussion, so we'll get you checked out... just as soon as you get hypnotized and allow Ben to demand answers you don't have.

Clearly no one in that room has the Salem Brain at the moment. Hello, Horton Cabin calling. Will Captain Obvious accept the charges?

I like vulnerable EJ. Dan's grown into the role.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I like vulnerable EJ. Dan's grown into the role.

EJ realizing that the way he wants his son to be align with him being possessed by The Devil had me laughing. The look on Rafe's face when EJ admitted to that also cracked me up because it was more like 'Well, yep, you're evil dude. Not shocking you're on the same wavelength as Satan'.  Having said that I appreciated EJ realizing and admitting to this and being disturbed by it. One can hope that he'll pivot in his dealings with not just Johnny but with more people in his life.

Patch trying to give Tripp a silver lining only for Tripp to be like 'Nah, Allie wasn't possessed when she was comforting Chanel.  That's all on her' made me laugh but also be sad for him. I don't want Tripp to go dark, I want him to find a nice young lady who appreciates him and isn't crazy or pining after someone else. Which leads me to...

In their early reunion scenes I gotta say after Tripp/Chanel, I'm cooling on Johnny/Chanel. Janel was cute but I like the vibe between Tanel better. Call me crazy.

Jake with a damn concussion put the pieces together quicker than Ben and Marlena.  You'd have thought Marlena would've realized Ciara thought Jake was Ben but Jake had to do a chalkboard play by play for them to see 1 plus 1 equals 2, LOL.  Marlena was way too chill about Johnny and Allie's possessions. I get she was trying to prioritize the more 'urgent' issue of a missing Ciara but still Marlena could've had a moment of falling apart before needing to pull it together for Ben to help find Ciara.

The Devil's possessions should be somehow taking a toll on the people he possesses where if he's in too long it begins to rot/decay/shut down or the person could be driven permanently crazy or if the body suffers a mortal wound then once Satan leaves that body has to deal with the consequences. Right now The Devil's impact is just causing chaos that can be survived rather than laying waste to Marlena's life.

I don't buy that we have 2 pregnant women on the show and a baby switch isn't coming.  Somehow Jan's baby is gonna be used in the Ciara/Ben baby saga. Otherwise it's just a waste.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Patch trying to give Tripp a silver lining only for Tripp to be like 'Nah, Allie wasn't possessed when she was comforting Chanel.  That's all on her' made me laugh but also be sad for him. I don't want Tripp to go dark, I want him to find a nice young lady who appreciates him and isn't crazy or pining after someone else. Which leads me to...

In their early reunion scenes I gotta say after Tripp/Chanel, I'm cooling on Johnny/Chanel. Janel was cute but I like the vibe between Tanel better. Call me crazy.

I don't buy that we have 2 pregnant women on the show and a baby switch isn't coming.  Somehow Jan's baby is gonna be used in the Ciara/Ben baby saga. Otherwise it's just a waste.

I prefer a Tripp/Chanel/Johnny triangle and Allie to be thrown onto oncoming traffic. 

Chipp is the ship name btw.

I also think there's a baby switch I can't imagine it being worse than Rachel but Ron will try.. although if there is a baby switch it will be real strange to not have Bo/Hope around for it since it involves their grandchildren. Maybe Doug/Julie can fill the void here.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I prefer a Tripp/Chanel/Johnny triangle and Allie to be thrown onto oncoming traffic. 

Chipp is the ship name btw.

Chipp is their ship name? I LOVE it, LOL.

Yeah, Allie can go on back to Europe with lil' Henry. Or if she does manage to get hit by a bus, I wouldn't be adverse to Uncle Tripp being a single dad to his nephew and juggling work life and child rearing; haven't had that kind of dynamic in a while. Then again Sami no doubt would try to swoop in to take the kid causing unneeded drama.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Chipp is their ship name? I LOVE it, LOL.

Yeah, Allie can go on back to Europe with lil' Henry. Or if she does manage to get hit by a bus, I wouldn't be adverse to Uncle Tripp being a single dad to his nephew and juggling work life and child rearing; haven't had that kind of dynamic in a while. Then again Sami no doubt would try to swoop in to take the kid causing unneeded drama.

Still a way more interesting scenario than Allie in general. Throw Johnny in there 

• Love 3

Poor Jake it was no one was cornered about the poor guy being knocked unconscious.  
marlene should really show more concern for her family.  
I like Kayla saying she should have fired Marlena.   Kayla and Steve are such a sweet couple.   Enjoy them just being together.   
   Tripp needs to move on maybe find a girl not living in Salem    
Wonder how Johnny feels knowing Chanel got over him so fast    

• Love 8

I’m guessing the devil storyline(s) is popular but watching a bunch of actors talk about the devil with a straight face hurts my brain. LOL!!!!the OG devil storyline was fun and new back in the day. Now, it’s just stupid. I guess I’m old school. I’m miss “straight” acting and realistic storylines that ATWT & GL had. That said, I refuse to talk about Clone storyline. That didn’t exist in my world. LOL!!!!

• Love 6

EJ shouldn't feel bad at all. He was in jail. Thanks to Chad, Kate and Lucas.   Where is the kids mother? She's on obviously not in touch with her kids and don't care. 

After all they've shown with Ben/Ciara I don't believe she'd not know if he's dead or not through their telepathic whatever lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Still a way more interesting scenario than Allie in general. Throw Johnny in there 

I don't know, Carson Boatman endeared himself to me with his JoDevil plot. Also, those arms. Not bad. Not bad at all.

5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I don't want Tripp to go dark, I want him to find a nice young lady who appreciates him and isn't crazy or pining after someone else. Which leads me to...

When Tripp started off as the crazy vengeful dude plotting against Kayla, he was pretty good with that material. Of course, if he had continued in that vein, I imagine Tripp would have become a psycho killer, and this show has already hit it's quotient of sexy bad boy leading man psycho killers.

After all they've shown with Ben/Ciara I don't believe she'd not know if he's dead or not through their telepathic whatever lol. 

Can she have a fantasy that she's Elizabeth Bennett and Ben is Mr. Darcy but with a curiously thick Boston Southie accent?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

I don't blame Kayla for wishing she'd fired Marlena.

None of the folks at the hospital thought to check Jake for signs of a concussion? Sure, hypnotize him to see what he remembers. Oh yeah, laying on the floor and having someone check his pulse.

Ciara, do you not think that your cousin Allie is acting a little off? If there is a ferry to Horton Island, is the car parked beside the ferry, did it go on the ferry, wouldn't the security camera have footage of the vehicle. And be smart - play along with Allie but try to figure out what is going on. And yeah, you might feel that Ben had died if you indeed have an energetic link to him.

Nice scenes with EJ and Rafe.

I also liked Tripp filling his parents in on what's going on in town. The whole devil nonsense. It is getting a bit stupid and weird that the Intruder and other reporters aren't covering it.

Poor Johnny collapsed on cue in front of Chanel. At least he is telling her what happened. She sure did move on fast from him and that is something that may keep them apart for a while.

• Love 10

I will say that Carson Boatman does have major guns. That dude has been hitting the daytime stud gym. LOL!!!! I don’t know if he always had them or they were just more noticeable because he had to have his arms above his head for several weeks. That said, he ain’t Greg Vaughn but who is. LOL!!!!! 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

EJ realizing that the way he wants his son to be align with him being possessed by The Devil had me laughing. The look on Rafe's face when EJ admitted to that also cracked me up because it was more like 'Well, yep, you're evil dude. Not shocking you're on the same wavelength as Satan'.  Having said that I appreciated EJ realizing and admitting to this and being disturbed by it. One can hope that he'll pivot in his dealings with not just Johnny but with more people in his life.

I also loved those scenes between EJ and Rafe. As soon as EJ started gloating about his son coming to his senses after a possessed Johnny started acting weird, I have been so looking forward to EJ learning that the perfect version of his son was actually the devil. I'm surprised - pleasantly - that the show addressed it and that EJ acknowledged how fucked up it is. I'm glad it gave him pause, that I don't hold out much hope that it will inspire permanent change. And, even though I don't have much use for Rafe, especially lately, the look on his face when EJ made that connection that the perfect DiMera was the devil was absolutely priceless. Rafe's definitely a slightly better person than me, at least in this instance, because I probably wouldn't have been able to stop myself from saying something like what you said his face looked like. "Yeah, no duh, you're family's evil."

Agree on what you want for Tripp. I've never been Johnny's hugest fan and , right now, I do prefer Tripp/Chanel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I will say that Carson Boatman does have major guns. That dude has been hitting the daytime stud gym. LOL!!!! I don’t know if he always had them or they were just more noticeable because he had to have his arms above his head for several weeks. That said, he ain’t Greg Vaughn but who is. LOL!!!!! 

That was pretty blatant eye candy service and you know what, it worked.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Can she have a fantasy that she's Elizabeth Bennett and Ben is Mr. Darcy but with a curiously thick Boston Southie accent?

I'm more inclined to think Ciara and Ben pretending they're Ma and Pa Kettle might fit their skill set a bit better.

That has to be the love cabin!

Looks like BenOllie quit exercising and Ciara's been making a few too many of Grandma Alice's donuts.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Today's episode was interesting in that we had Gwen looking sickened by her own actions which is a nice switch from the completely remorseless actions of Ava and Kristen but it still feels false?  Like she only regrets hurting Sarah because Xander learned about it? Because otherwise the wedding would have gone off without a hitch and Sarah's brain would still be destroyed and Gwen wouldn't have cared at all.

The Abs/Jenn scenes were also well done--was Gwen telling the truth or did she say it just to hurt Abby?

• Love 10

I thought Friday and Monday's episodes were fun, CIN being fucked with is always a plus for me, so today's episode was rather snooze worthy. If they're not going to show Rolf's chemistry experiment gone wild, damnit don't tease me with it.  Admittedly I don't really care about most the people shown today so I ended up wondering things like:

Who's print dress is uglier--Abigail's or Jennifer's?  

Why does Nancy hair look like cotton candy? 

Why did Clyde stand Nancy up? In fact, where is Clyde? The last we saw him he was on the Dimera couch watching sports.  He's never made it back to chez CIN's and he wasn't working the pub when Stayla was eating there.  Did the ballgame run into overtime, and he crashed in Jake's old room where he's sleeping in, forgetting all about his date and utterly unaware the devil is running the latest drug ring in town and has given out free samples in Ollie and Ciara's tea? Maybe EJ was supposed to wake him but got sidetracked when Belle and Susan showed up with bigger problems. 🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's episode was interesting in that we had Gwen looking sickened by her own actions which is a nice switch from the completely remorseless actions of Ava and Kristen but it still feels false?  Like she only regrets hurting Sarah because Xander learned about it? Because otherwise the wedding would have gone off without a hitch and Sarah's brain would still be destroyed and Gwen wouldn't have cared at all.

The Abs/Jenn scenes were also well done--was Gwen telling the truth or did she say it just to hurt Abby?

At this point I just don't know what purpose Gwen serves on the show, but than I could say that about a lot of other characters too.

• Love 2

I thought today was entertaining again. EOB was acting her ass off.

I also got a kick out of Xander, Gwen, and Jack all wearing a denim shirt and Abigail and Jennifer both wearing odd, prairie dresses.

I love ZT as Sonny so much. He just brings such life to the scenes. I actually could be down for Sonny/Leo Part 2 because those scenes were fun.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought today was entertaining again. EOB was acting her ass off.

I also got a kick out of Xander, Gwen, and Jack all wearing a denim shirt and Abigail and Jennifer both wearing odd, prairie dresses.

I love ZT as Sonny so much. He just brings such life to the scenes. I actually could be down for Sonny/Leo Part 2 because those scenes were fun.

Yes agree with EOB and her acting today. Prairie dresses lol.

• Love 7

Gosh I loved all the scenes at the police station today. Riveting and just great acting with no dumb stunts. See.. no masks or devil crap needed, just good emotional stuff with actors who cam handle it

• Love 13

Emily O'Brien was good today. The good folks of Salem seemed to be wearing their own version of the Canadian tuxdeo (denim). Jennifer and Abs were a bit glaring in the prairie dresses.

I liked Xander talking to Maggie. No matter how horrible of a human being he has been, she seems to bring out the good part of him. How convenient that Dr. Rolf is in solitary confinement right now.

Nancy visiting her ex? Yeah, the ink on the divorce papers isn't even dry, the marriage failed, and Nancy foolishly wants to take her dustpan and clean up. Yeah, be sympathetic to your ex but that is it. Too bad Clyde didn't show up for his date. Ah well, he can blame it on his daughter in law being missing and his son missing, held captive in the crypt, etc. At least it is an original excuse!

Guess Gwen did the right thing by offering the location of the antidote.

Interesting to see if anything comes out of the Dr. Laura revelation.

Leo selling a story about the Secrets of Chad DiMera? Who in Salem would care?

• Love 9

I’m beginning to really like nuSonny. He has great chemistry with Billy Flynn. I’m still not in to his mustache but he brings a youthfulness to the role where Freddie Smith didn’t. That said, Freddie Smith isn’t old but Zach Tinker just brings the sexy back. 

• Love 9

Zach Tinker isn't exactly doing a bad job as Sonny.  He's miles better here than he was as Finn on The Young and the Restless.  

It's just that I remember Freddie Smith's Sonny when he was first introduced and how he portrayed the character those first few years, and he was terrific.  Later, saying he phoned it in would be kinder than he deserved, but when he established Sonny as a character, he gave us a mature, funny, emotionally stable, out and proud gay man.  Now we've got Zach giving us Sonny as a sorta charming not-too-bright bumbler and I'm not loving it.

Luckily, Leo's still around and he's utterly arch and terribly despicable and I can't wait to turn on the show and find him gone forever.

Then we have Poor Gwen.  Her mother never loved her, dontcha know?  So sad.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Guess Gwen did the right thing by offering the location of the antidote.

I kept hoping she'd use it to get immunity. That's the Salem way! I really don't want to lose EOB/Gwen. If she does go, they better bring her back in a year with an undisclosed mental illness that explains away all her actions.

• Love 7