Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I've gotta say, I loved the Eve/JJ scenes, mainly because they cracked me up.

'How can I say have fun on a date when I've seen you naked?'

'You cheated on her.' 'Yeah with you.'

'My mom needs to hang out with her contemporaries.'

Oh, soaps, sometimes I really do love you!!!

Thank you for bringing those lines over here.  They were gold!  I played that scene back twice just to enjoy the nonsensical soapiness of it all - and then when Paige has that throwaway line about her mom needing to spend time with her contemporaries - it's all just classic - and funny.

A few things confused me today.:

Eric and Paige didn't know each other, he asked her if she was Paige, but he never introduced himself to her and she never asked who this complete stranger was asking her about her mother.

Daphne is cute, and she's definitely a better friend than Mary Beth is.  Stay away from toxic Mary Beth, Paige.

Wouldn't Eric bother to mention that he is Eric Brady, your grandmother/step-grandmother's nephew.  Or even allude to the fact that they are in the same family or at least family adjacent.  Eve was never enamored with the Brady's but it is strange that there is a distance there.

That's been a WTF since Eve came back to town and we found out who Paige was.  The Brady clan is portrayed as very close, and just by their history we know that they don't stand on DNA when it comes to "family".  So it made little sense that Paige would be in town without Kim and Shane notifying Caroline and Kayla - and certainly Theresa.  Although we did find out later Theresa did know about Paige but just didn't say anything.  It was weird enough with Eric acting like he doesn't know who Eve is - all that family drama and he's unaware of her???  God knows the good ex-priest is nowhere near as smart as he is pretty but that's a tough one to swallow.  And then today for him to act like Paige is a complete stranger, and just as weird, for Paige to never indicate any awareness that the BRADY PUB is the home of her step-grandmother's family is shoddy writing - to say the least.  

As for Eve... it does seem more existential than anything. Like it's been mentioned that she's going to BACK to her singing so it suggests that she was doing it as a means of making money for awhile there and she's been pinning a lot of hopes on RETURNING to this and now those hopes are dashed. So while the singing and 'having a career' -- which, let's face it, in Salem would be having a regular gig at a local club -- no big record deals or tours or anything like that -- are the crux of this, it struck me that Eve saw it as a means of making herself matter, of doing something for HER and for her daughter rather than whatever it is she's been doing. She had a job that had her on the road all of the time before she reappeared and this was supposed to change everything for them.

So it's not just about singing... it's about everything Eve was putting on the ability to sing as well.

I feel for her! I mean, Eve was clearly 1000x more passionate about singing than, say, Abigail is about... anything. Meanwhile, Abigail gets her whatever job back and Eve has her dreams dashed into a billion little pieces. I sympathize more with Eve and her non-existent career than Abigail's allegedly awesome job that I never saw her do or talk about... or do.

I wish you had written Eve's backstory and her motivations because what you say is what we should be seeing.  Just like the collective Brady amnesia about who Paige and Eve are is shoddy writing, so is the lack of any coherent follow-through on Eve's inner life, and what she's done since she was last in Salem.  We've had a few scenes - the one a long while back where she and JJ bonded over music was the best IMO - that showed us how important her music career was, but mostly Eve's been tossed in the kiddie pool.  And once again, since she has apparently had a modestly successful career singing, why is that so completely unknown in Salem, even by her almost-relatives?

Writing.  It's apparently a lost art.

What's the hospital going to do? Give AbiFail, Judgy Jenn's job? That's laughable. She's fucking nosy as all hell, she feels like she needs to know everyone's business.

BOllie what business is it of yours that Chad is there working and handling day to day operations? He's half owner you stupid jackass. For an employee he sure as hell complains too damn much. That's all the way on the south side, this place is easier because it's in walking distance. You know what take a damn cab, bus, and I'm sure AbiFail will give you a ride. BOllie newsflash, work doesn't care about your damn personal life. 

So Abigail stands there, ears a-floppin', doing her best Jar Jar Binks imitation, eyes wide with that fixed smile on her face as she tells Jordan that OLLIE TELLS HER EVERYTHING ABOUT THEIR CHILDHOOD BUT JORDAN DOESN'T TELL HER ANYTHING.  And as odd as that is, the even stranger thing is that Jordan apparently doesn't find it at all intrusive that this acquaintance of hers practically demands that she tell her everything about her life.  And she doesn't question why this wacko has no sense of personal boundaries?

In real life, Abigail would have no friends, and certainly no guys would want a second date, much less a third one.  She's the Gladys Kravitz of Salem, with some strange need to know all the gossip all the time.  That sort of thing is about as sexy as hush puppies and support hose.  Jar Jar is one creepy woman - just like Mom!!

In what workplace would Ollie still have a job, talking to his boss the way he does to Chad?  Not to mention the punches he's thrown.  So the new club is on the South Side?  Is Salem the size of Rhode Island or something?  Would Ollie have to take a camel caravan to get to work?  And then the Waxed Wonder has the nerve to tell Chad the "pros" of working the new club would all fall to Chad, while the "cons" would all be in Ollie's lap.  He's a BARTENDER.  Not to diss bartending, but come on - they could find another one who would be happy for the work without the attitude.  Then he tells Chad that he won't have time for Abigail - again, not only is it not Chad's problem, but it's an inappropriate thing to say to any boss.  Ollie should be shown the door strictly on the fact that he's crazy as a loon.  Sniffing all that Nair must have done something to his brain cells.  And, of course, sleeping with Abigail probably drove him completely insane.  No man can gaze on THAT and come out with his brain intact.

They should really make a Salem version of Whack-a-Mole and call it Whack-a-Moron.  We would NEVER run out of contenders.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Also why are Lima Bean's classes always cancelled? Everyday she's like, "Oh my class has been cancelled." WTF am I paying tuition for? Throughout your time in college maybe 1 class is cancelled throughout your college years, cause other than that there's a substitute. Now they're not explaining why these classes are cancelled, there's no weather emergency in Salem, no teachers strike, no case of Ebola walking around in Salem. So why are these classes being cancelled out of the blue?

We see why everyone in Salem is so damn stupid!! You can't learn anything there. Did Brady go to Salem U? That might explain everything.

• Love 5

Oh. My. Gosh. The flowing white sheets. The wind blowing Hope's (and Aiden's) hair UNDER the sheets. I half expected to see Fabio interrupt the scene and say, "NO!! Zis is how we do romance novel covers!!! Move over Hope, I'll take over from here!"

• Love 7

And here I was thinking that the Hope/Aiden scene rang very true, as a real conversation between two middle-aged adults would be around their pasts and their future. Then we have windblown sheets and fabulous hair flinging? Way to wreck a good thing, Days. 

Ack, JJ, what are you ever going to do now? Pains me to say this, but Eve is right -- there's no way young love can survive something like that. UGH. 

• Love 4

Aiden is uber attractive and a good actor too.  Heaven sex not withstanding.  Clyde?  I don't get the Creepy Clyde love here.  I find nothing at all attractive or charming about him and he brings Kate down that she would fall for that.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt since she was being blackmailed but she defended the asshole as being intelligent.   Yikes, that she can be taken in like that.  And Clyde being responsible for EJ's death is the lamest way they could have written him out.  And I hate Tamiflu for not blowing a hole in his chest.  Now I hear he will be on for at least the next six months.  But I have heard rumours KM thinks she's such hot property she may not renew her contract.  Yay!

• Love 7

I don't understand why anyone on this show can't speak intelligently. I'm not throwing anyone specifically and I know it's a soap but it seems like all everyone does is stalk around and get upset at each other. 

The only one when I watched Friday that seemed to be fair was Chad. He had a legitimate answer to Ben and walked away while Ben was like, I'm confused, haha! You got burned buddy. (and maybe I'm biased but why does Chad have the clearest head of everyone, not that he doesn't say silly things but why does he seem to make the most sense)

I also don't understand the whole Aiden/Hope thing. That was strange. I felt like it was a dream sequence or something. It did not fit at all with what was building up to it. 

I just wish they took some of these people and didn't make them sound so confused, lost or downright naive. Writers, you can be interesting without being cliche and tripe.

• Love 2

Why is Abigail just as annoying even when EJ and Sami aren't around? The theory at the time was that the pro-Sami crowd were finding excuses to dislike Abigail, but....Sami's no longer here.....and Abigail is STILL annoying!!!!

• Love 5
Oh. My. Gosh. The flowing white sheets. The wind blowing Hope's (and Aiden's) hair UNDER the sheets.

This made me laugh so hard and I hadn't even noticed the wind machine.  Is this a new thing?  I noticed it on The Good Wife last season.  I cannot think of any instance when I had sex with the sheets pulled up over my head.  I can think of no advantage to this, and several disadvantages.  Anyone?

I was waiting for someone to pull back the covers and yell "peekabo!"

Edited by oceanblue
  • Love 5

Catching up on this weeks show.   Hope was radiantly beautiful when talking to the park with Aiden.  Maggie is a very pretty lady.  She really needs a new do.   The show should give her a make over.  Maybe a cross over with Hoda and Kathie Lee.  Do they still do those attack make overs?

Teresa when you find your baby please stay away from Brady.   I never disliked Brady more than that scene.  It was obvious that Teresa thought she was pregnant at least. 

Hope & Aiden make me miss Bo and I have always loved the actor who plays Aiden.

Speaking of loving actors I truly love JJ and wish he could get a better storyline (I may repeat this numerous times LOL )

• Love 3

Just caught up on last week's viewing.

First things first: Can I just say that Abby is like a cat on a hot tin roof. Seriously, that chick is always ready for sex, anytime, any place.  I guess we have to hand it to Chad for putting the key in the ignition for her.  My personal opinion is that Kate Mansi has never properly portrayed the innocence of the Abigail character.  Even when she was a virgin, Abby would always wear overly sexy clothes and the kissing looked super advanced.  I know it's possible to still be a virgin and be comfortable with you sexuality, but I would have thought Abigail would have had the daddy issues as a motivation for being reticent about sex and intimacy in general.  I thought Will showed more authenticy with both Sonny and Gabi as a minimally experienced person.  It always rang false that Abigail was so aggressive with EJ when he was only her second partner and Chad would hardly have had time to run through the Kama Sutra before she turfed him.

Even with Ben Abby looks like she's in the driving seat.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it just feels like she went from zero to 360 in 3 seconds.

Also, there's nothing tender about Abby's love scenes, always a lot of leg and back-scratching and sheet-grabbing.  And the director is obsessed with KM's feet/legs.   Maybe they don't have time to make love scenes less like skinamax for the ratings.  They could also let Will and Sonny grab some sheets once in a while if they're too scared to show them rolling around like earthworms.  Ben needs better eyebrows.

Anyway, Paige is becoming the new Abby, becoming obsessed with her mothers sex life.  Maybe Paige will be Abby/KM's successor.

I totally called that Jordan and Ben would be a knock off of Austin and Billie.  These writers think they're so original.  Granted, it is a worthwhile trope since younger viewers wouldn't have seen the first version in 1992.

I already don't like Paul The Red Herring Gay Athlete.  I just struggle to see the point of putting him on contract if they can't write for Will and Sonny who have been boring for four years up to now.  I hope the stint with him ends up being a one-off since Will and Sonny may be leaving soon anyway.

I don't see the point of Ben and Rafe and I love how Chad just rubs them the wrong way.  Rafe has needed to come down from his plaid high horse for a while now.  And I hated Gabi so I don't like to see her defended.

Abby will eventually leave Ben for status and power.  She was always trying to improve him.  I'll bet her ego got a boost when Paul flirted with her.  I'd love to see her face when she realises he prefers Sneasel who she's essentially been blanking up to now.

• Love 4

Abigail and Ben kiss kind of loudly. I've never noticed this from another couple on Days before. Maybe the other couples kiss loudly too and I either failed to notice or skipped over the couples that completely repulse me (i.e Dan and pretty much anyone). But since I have no real    interest in Ben and Abigail  as a couple and was spending my the time during their scenes assessing the choreography I couldn't but notice that they sound like they're munching on Big Macs when they kiss.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I already don't like Paul The Red Herring Gay Athlete.  I just struggle to see the point of putting him on contract if they can't write for Will and Sonny who have been boring for four years up to now.  I hope the stint with him ends up being a one-off since Will and Sonny may be leaving soon anyway.

Wow, I really have to disagree with this.  Their storyline has not been boring for four years.  For the last 11 months, yes, but prior to that, it was really a good sl.

• Love 3

Wow, I really have to disagree with this.  Their storyline has not been boring for four years.  For the last 11 months, yes, but prior to that, it was really a good sl.

Now that I re-read it, I guess I am being a bit harsh.  Don't get me wrong, I am a WilSon fan, but I've always felt the writers could have done more with them at a faster pace.  

For example, Sonny should have been shown dating an actual boyfriend to justify that he told Will he was not the first guy he had brought home to his apartment.  They shouldn't have left FS treading water until Sept 2012 to get them together ( I appreciate the slow build but there were such big gaps, it does make it boring for a viewer).  Letting Will sleep with Gabi was annoying,but the secret stuff was juicy-standard soap trope.  The stuff with Brian was good but perhaps the break-up could have lasted a bit longer.  Most of the drama after May 2013 centred around Gabi and she had this astronomical episode count compared to Will and Sonny.  They recycled the Nick stuff instead of giving them an interloper when Will went to the writing course in November 2013.  It would have been cool if Will had met someone at Berkeley who then turned out to be the editor of his newspaper instead of the female Zoe. I did enjoy the wedding, but they have been in a holding pattern over the last while, except with the stuff with Will's career.  Sonny especially is just a sounding board for Ben/Chad/Will/Abby  II'm glad that WilSon will hopefully have a story about them and their marriage instead of Sami/EJ/Abby/Chad/Adrienne/Gabi/Nick, etc.

I've always said that the difference in life stages would be interesting to explore.  Sonny was always an adventurer and Will was worried about being a millstone, but Will has never had freedom to explore (or even had sex with another man) while Sonny wants to settle down.  At the same time, Sonny has been nothing but loyal and supportive to Will, and it could be said Will is taking advantage of that.  It also is important for Will not to resent Sonny for stopping his personal growth.  Meredith and Derek on Greys went through this last season when Meredith wanted Derek to put her career first since he had already accomplished all his goals.  At the same time, Derek resents Meredith even though he gave up on a job opportunity to be with his family of his own accord.

Brian was always saying that Sonny being in love with Will and being his 'gay mentor' was a bad idea.  I just really hope the writers do something interesting as this could be their last chance for a good story.

• Love 4

Thank you for bringing those lines over here.  They were gold!  I played that scene back twice just to enjoy the nonsensical soapiness of it all - and then when Paige has that throwaway line about her mom needing to spend time with her contemporaries - it's all just classic - and funny.

Oh, I forgot one: 'Listen here, little man!'

I'm not even gonna go there

• Love 1

This made me laugh so hard and I hadn't even noticed the wind machine. Is this a new thing? I noticed it on The Good Wife last season. I cannot think of any instance when I had sex with the sheets pulled up over my head. I can think of no advantage to this, and several disadvantages. Anyone?

I was FFing and totally missed this, I had to go back, it was so out of place. And yes, it started on The Good Wife and I can't either think of a time when I pulled the sheet up over my head while having sex. I have enough trouble with tangling myself up in the sheet during regular sleeping. Edited by annabel
  • Love 2

Sheets over the head is a thing.  My ex was such a straight laced 50's guy he would stop and tuck us in and it always made me laugh.  No wind machine though.  I still miss him.

What pissed me off was Bollie and Abs making the security deposit in the new apt.  No warning at all. I'll take your word for it about the legs and feet, I didn't watch.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Surprisingly, Eve made a lot of sense when she was talking to JJ. I actually believed she was more concerned about Paige's feelings than she was about being found out. Then I remembered that she slept with her daughter's boyfriend and got back to thinking she was a horrible person.

• Love 3

The sex with Hope and Aiden was awful.

What was that supposed to be? Some heavenly sex?

Both are nice looking and experienced actors. That was all they could do for them? A windy day in some white gauze material. That was TACKY.

Eve and JJ are somewhat interesting.

I missed the part about the baseball player being gay. I guess I fast forwarded too much! Gee, is the plot going to be that he hits on all the ladies to cover up his sexual preferences. Wow. I'm thunderstruck. Not.

• Love 4

Let's switch that up JJ, you're not good for her, you're too good for Lima Bean. Didn't pay much to their conversation because writers just continue to have everything be dragged out or characters just talk in circles and circles, they keep circling the airport and we're waiting for them to land the damn plane.

Grimace you don't play games, could have fooled me with that acting we've been subject to since you arrived. Why didn't they keep Grimace mousy? IDK what was the point in glamming her up. She might have been more interesting if she was kept mousy and might be able to feel for her about being raped, if the writers have brought that up a little sooner than dragging it out. Since she was raped it would have been if they had Grimace not be comfortable with being intimate with men like she was with Rafe. It would be better storytelling and made sense. Soap writers these days don't care about common sense, they done changed the direction of Grimace's story and dragged it out so long that viewers don't give a damn.

BOllie, Grimace, and Clyde family is just boring and annoying and not entertaining. Now I would love for all of them to fall onto a bed of spikes.

Eve really needs to do something with her hair. It was a little distracting today. Very feathered on one side which made her look like a chicken.

Didn't care for Dingy but I guess the highlight of the show was Dingy getting knocked out by a football, which he could be pretending. How nice that writers stoop to having a child prop Dingy. SMDH.

Hated that top that Kate had on, very ugly. Wonder what Chad did to piss her off.

I really wasn't paying attention to today's show.

• Love 2

Rick Kitchen, you beat me to it. I was about to say, for a smart girl, Paige really cannot take a hint.

I enjoyed Eve and Theresa's scenes today. Honestly, they're my favorite pairing on the show. It's obvious the actresses like working together, and their scenes together are always great.

Um, show, could you be a little more ham handed about Nicole and Dan? No, I guess not. And, why oh why, couldn't Nicole have killed Dan with that football?

• Love 6

Um, Paige, have you ever heard the expression "He's just not that into you"?  You might want to take a hint.

Does Paige have Asperger's? Or maybe Eve just locked her in her room for the first 18 years of her life, She seems to have difficultly understanding basic social norms.

• Love 4

I've realized that while Clyde is skeevy - I can't help but enjoy him because of my all consuming love for James Read (it's George Hazard - how can you not love him???) & in a weird way I hope the show figures out a way to keep him around.

While I like Hope & Aiden - their sex scene was bizarre - what was with those wind machines & the lighting?

I like Theresa & Eve (and loved Eve's mint green outfit - gorgeous) - can we get more of these two?   

Oh BOllie - you annoy the beejesus out of me - shut up & stop complaining

Interested to see what Chad is really up to & am looking forward to seeing him with Melanie

Ugh & Dr. Tan & Nicole - really????     I'd rather her be with Rafe then Dr. Tan - speaking of Rafe - wonder who they are hooking him up with?    Melissa Archer's character - maybe??

• Love 5

Has Abigail's whining rubbed off on Ben? You know a man is reaching high levels of annoying when you start thinking it might be in Abigail's best interests to cut him loose despite the fact  you absolutely detest her.

Maybe Ben digs Chad? He seemed to be doing that weird sigh you do when you're hot and bothered by someone...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Maybe Ben digs Chad? He seemed to be doing that weird sigh you do when you're hot and bothered by someone...

He sure does get all heated up around Chad - lots of smoldering, angry stares across the room. Just kiss him already!!

I will never in a million years believe that Ben is straight. Not with those eyebrows.

• Love 3

I'm so far behind on everything... I'm in the process of moving so I have an excuse but I did see a Michael Fairman interview with Kassie DePaiva and Shawn Christian at Day of Days. I go back and forth on Fairman but I love that he just came right out and called Daniel slutty. Thank you! I feel that the term 'slut' is gender blind and should be used to describe men who bed hop like crazy... the way Daniel does. I've also noticed that, on soaps, the sluttiest characters are often the men (ie: Sonny on GH; Ford on OLTL etc etc) though they are never called out for it.

I also found it funny that SC basically has no issues about saying that Daniel is no angel when the show runners seem to think otherwise. But that is just one interview... maybe he embraces the infallible Daniel in others. Still, in that one he was all about loving dysfunction and admitting that lots of women waltzed through Daniel's bedroom. Of course, you had Fairman there who is not remotely shy about saying so about Daniel. It's hard to deny it when the interviewer is calling it right the hell out.

• Love 5

Holy crap, how awesome was Lucas' disgust at Adrienne's judgementalness?  (Is that a word?) She didn't like having it pointed out to her that she has a lot to say--all usually negative--about Will's actions,  Go Lucas!

I loved Abby's "After the year I've had, I've learned how to fight back."  Is this chick serious?  The only thing she learned this year is that she can get away with all types of atrocious behavior--and how to run to her mom to tell on other people.

Are they going to recast the actor playing Will?  The actor playing Sonny is more than capable of getting a decent story line and he doesn't need Guy Wilson dragging him down with his non-acting.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Hahahaha BOllie, Sonny shut you down, he wants you at the south side club too. Now try to talk back on that one. He knows not to talk back to Sonny cause I seriously believe that Sonny can kick his ass.

AbiFail once again putting her hands on people, Anne should have clocked her. The minute Anne walks in the room is when Paul should get some rest and not be bothered according to AbiFail. I saw how she was thinking, all the attention was no longer on her so she got pissed off and wanted Anne out of the room. She's so damn pathetic. RoboMar it isn't slander when it's true, AbiFail is a slut and got fired for being one. Her threatening Anne just came off laughable. The icing on this burnt AbiFail crust cake is how she shows up at BOlli'e house and says she'll show up another time like she never seen him naked let alone a towel. Bitch GTFO.

Why the hell did Anne have to lose the argument. More AbiFail propping.

I'm sorry but is anyone else bothered by the hospital reception desk sits right by the elevators. People can just see what's going on on the computer and possibly open files. Irritating.

Adrienne is an annoying fuck hat. That's all. Sonny is always the voice of reason to total dumbass characters, he always gets them to see the big picture. Why I love him so.

Now they have a child propping Dan. Why is that child's mom on one side of the park when the kid showed from another side of the park. So stupid.

Paul is just annoying all that flirting is just nauseating to watch. 

Dingy and Nicole. Blech.

• Love 5

Well I actually bothered to watch during the day and was pleasantly surprised with a Lucas sighting.  I love how Lucas always sticks up for Will.  I do think that while it is easy for Adrienne to think negatively of Will, she does have a point with some of what she says.

I don't like the sound of Justin and Adrienne having problems.  I actually didn't watch them in the eighties, but I went back and watched on YT because of Wally Kurth as Justin.  I can't handle all these supercouples losing only the men: Steve,Jack, Bo, Justin and now John (for a short while).  I hope that this stuff Adrienne mentioned was just a cautionary tale for Sonny.  I'd love to see more of WK next year.  If they can share ED, I'm sure they could share WK with GH.

I have read a lot of speculation that Melanie and Lucas might get together because MB mentioned in an interview that Chad and JJ are too young for Melanie.  I can sacrifice Brady to Melanie if Lucas is spared.  I've also read that Lucas and Adrienne might hook up which I do not like the sound of at all.

It sounds to me like Will is busy,but I'm starting to think Sonny will cheat with Paul and that Paul is one of Sonny's exes.  I think Will will try to get revenge by outing him in print or something.  That would be juicy.  But I can already tell that this possible infidelity story would make me sad as opposed to the one with EJ and Abigail that was just sleazy and painted no-one in a good light, not even Sami.

Thank goodness for Anne speaking the minds of the audience by telling Abby to keep her slutty hands to herself.  A truer word has not been spoken.  At least I'm one day closer to never seeing her again (for the next while at least).

I laughed when Abby told Ben that she's not an appliance.  It made me think of how she was always in need of an appliance (read:vibrator) when she was chasing EJ all around Salem.  But I suppose Ben is correct, like I said before: Plug Abigail in and she's always raring to go.

Clearly Mar Mar is going to shrink Paul at some point. I'm just waiting for his story to kick off because I'm curious to find out if Will is back by Christmas.

• Love 2

How is Chad too young for Melanie?  They used to date.  

It's probably the actress' way of saying she wants to be paired with someone else and thinks that her character is too good for Chad & JJ. She wants an older man.

• Love 1

It is a weird to say now considering that they have dated and were engaged, but truth be told Melanie is in a different age group than Chad.  I think because the character is/was so "scatter brained and child like" they got away with putting her in the younger crowd but Melanie was always like the big sister hanging out with her younger siblings friends.

Ironically Chad now comes off a lot older than his 22 years especially with him paired up with Jordan who is Melanie's age.  In this iteration I don't think Chad is to young for Melanie.

I don't want to see Lucas and Melanie under any circumstances.  We already had Dan dating his mother's beloved niece Jennifer, I don't want to see Maggie's granddaughter dating her nephew. 

Also I don't think Lucas would ever go there considering Melanie is Dan's daughter, Maggie's granddaughter, and his ex sister in law.  Especially considering everything that happened with Chloe and Phillip.  Then again that would require the writers to remember Phillip and that Lucas was Maggie's surrogate son before Dan and Brady came along.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 4

It's probably the actress' way of saying she wants to be paired with someone else and thinks that her character is too good for Chad & JJ. She wants an older man.

I feel like the actress was always like this though. During her 1st run, she seemed to loved swimming in the deep end of the pool with characters like Brady, Phillip (gawd I hated that pairing so much) EJ and seemed somewhat disappointed to be thrown into the kiddie pool with Nick and Chad. I don't know if the actress has changed but during her 1st run she acted very young and babyish, not to mention the constant teeth baring.  UGH! She was like a giant walking, talking Precious Moments figurine. If she is using the same acting methods I will have the same problem with her now that I did with her then.

• Love 3

This version of Chad doesn't seem teen-ish like the last one. He seems like an actual grown man. 

If I were an actress, I'd probably prefer to be paired with this new version of Chad than with Lucas, since Lucas only seems to last as a character when he's paired with Sami.

For some reason I thought the last version of Chad and Melanie got paired together because they were dating in real-life. I thought they were for the coupling (and maybe even suggested it?) I mean, I thought they were boring together, but for some reason I thought they were the ones who wanted the pairing more than the audience. I was okay with Melanie and Philip since he was kind of chameleon-like in terms of appearance (could veer between both young and older when needed).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Y'know, for someone who cherishes her privacy, Jordan may want to reconsider dating a high-profile guy like the "Crown Prince" of the DiMera fortune and a co-CEO of a major corporation.

As much as I dislike Abby, and as much as I love Anne, I had to laugh when Abby was telling Anne about sleeping with Seth.  :D

• Love 3