Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I loved Brady's casually admitting that whenever Melanie gets a "head full of steam" she likes to go and bully Theresa--and we're supposed to think that Mel's a good person?  And now Melanie knows that Theresa also had blood removed--is she going to call an ambulance because it's obvious that Theresa was drugged just like Brady.and she may need help?

• Love 1

Alex would be a new character onscreen, because we last saw him on the show as a kid....I hope he is Alex, we need somebody to take over for Victor. Philip should come back to fight him for the throne as Victor's only son. Brady is too dumb, the twins are out of town and Sonny is too much of a Mary sue....I hope Alex can darken him up just a bit....Freddie can play it..Sonny needs to be doing more than just be a ping pong between Will and Sparkle..Perhaps Sonny gets involved in some shady dealings with Alex that puts Will and Arianna's life in danger that necessitates them to move in with Sonny at the Kiriakis mansion for protection..That can lead to some drama between Will, Sonny and Sparkle especially if  Paulson have renewed their relationship.....

Where is Philip btw?  I think it would be great to have him back.  

• Love 2

Has there been deep cuts to the writing stuff that have been kept a secret from the audience? Half the crap on the show either makes no damn sense or is crazy repetitive.

- I swear with the Jen/Eve/JJ/Paige stuff seems like they either just change the date on old scripts or just cut and paste whole bits of dialogue from them. 

- Dan and Nicole: Bare with me because I actually had to painfully rewind and hear this conversation a few times to make sure I was hearing this shit right. So let me get this straight. So according to Dan Nothing Nicole says will make Dan come to believe that Nic is over Eric, unless Nic actually feels it and then she will know it and then he will know it. THIS AIN'T NOTHING BUT SOME REMEDIAL PIMP SHIT!!! So basically Dan will decide when Nicole is over Eric and worthy of being in a relationship with him. Plus, there is a bit of its your fault we aren't together because you can't admit you aren't over Eric. BS asshole!!! When Nicole dares questions his emotional preparedness his waves his greasy hands in the air and slides away in his typical Pigpen dust cloud. Wow!! Just Wow!!  At first I thought this relationship, if you can even call it that, was just a case of 'girl he just ain't that into you' and the show once again setting up Nicole to lose against Jen. This is even worse than I imagined. WTF show!!! 

- Serena & fine ass: so serena agreed to smuggle out the diamonds? So she has been on in this thing since jump? It just makes this story even dumber and her too unfortunately. Seriously, when the hell did she realize she had the wrong elephant? It seems like that was a recent development. Wouldn't she have checked not long after she got back into the States or something? How long as Eric been a priest again? Who the hell waits years to verify their loot? You know what this story needs? More elephants - said no one ever. 

The new guy is hot...I would like the show to test him with all the ladies on the show; Eve, Theresa, Serena, but I want him with Nicole..Even though Eric and Nicole are endgame..I want her to take him for a ride...Serena is actually interesting now..I am intrigued by her relationship with him..

I think Serena might have already hit that. He said something about how she used to like his touch and she said yeah, in the past.  I will laugh like a loon, I mean straight up cackle, if she was messing with fine ass at the same time she was with Eric. Hell, if Serena was smuggling diamonds at the time I wouldn't put that past her. 

At this rate, the Dimera might as well being hiring Jerry Lewis types as thugs. They can't be any worse.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

I was a bit disappointed in the hunky-henchman-turned-diamond smuggler. Beyond the shorn locks (lol), he just seemed a bit flat to me. But I'll give him time : )

I'm enjoying these few scenes we'll have of JJ and Paige being shmoopy before the next anvil drops. 

Melanie rocked yesterday, too -- I love how she was unafraid to confront that thug in Theresa's apartment. Though I wonder if the fact that she deleted that text to Brady will come back to haunt her. At the end of this, I'm hoping Theresa and Melanie can be friends - they have great chemistry. 

• Love 7

Melanie is a nice person like the hortons use to be before they got too big for their bitches.  Melanie hates Theresa yet is willing to help her and that is the way the hortons use to be before they became obnoxious.

• Love 4
You know what this story needs? More elephants - said no one ever.

LMAO!!!

Are the writers just treading water until the new writers take over.  SLs have been repetitive before, but for weeks now everyone has been having the exact same conversations.

• Love 1

I think it's very unfortunate that just as the elephant story finally gets a bit interesting it doesn't matter since it won't really go anywhere since MA is out. We'll have months to get through, but none of it matters anyway. When the 50th is over and we see who is staying around, Nicole will still not have another woman in her age group with whom to spar unless they make her older and put her firmly into the Eve, Jenn, Kayla and Hope group. GV's Eric isn't going to suddenly become interesting. I supposed it's possible that Xander can be with Nicole and scream at her while Eric and Serena leave together.

• Love 1

The writers will rush certain storylines like Will jumping into bed with Paul or JJ falling into bed with Eve in a wtf kind of way, but will take forever to explain the purpose and characterization of an elephant. I don't get it. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I liked Nicole's remark to Daniel about how it was okay for him to psychoanalyze her but not vice versa. However, I instead of invoking Chloe, she should've asked him why HE was so obsessed with Eric, Seriously, Nicole spends far less time thinking about Eric than Daniel does. What gives?

Glad we got confirmation that Serena was in on it from the beginning. So now she wants a promise that Eric won't get hurt? Why would that even happen? The smugglers have no reason to go after him, but I suppose we got that line to show us that Serena actually cares about Eric. Which, eh, who cares? 

I don't know MA from anything else, and the writing did her no favors by not giving us anything other than testimony from Caroline and Marlena to show us how wonderful she supposedly was, but Serena was definitely a miss for me. Even when she was in relaxed mode with Melanie or Eric, she couldn't go more than a few scenes without getting that weird elephant-induced look on her face. It gave me the impression that she's only indulging them so she could get to the vase fillers. I mean, diamonds. I'm not being snarky, but for those of you who like Serena, is it based more on the actress or was it really something in how she was written? God knows, it's only my love for AZ that's kept me a Nicole fan all these years.

I agree with whoever mentioned upthread that Paul has been the only new character to be given a decent introduction into the show recently. Whether you like him or not, or believe that his nice/"right" words are genuine, he was given a backstory, some decent dialog, and I can see his character moving on from the current story into another one with other characters. 

Melanie....Oh, Melanie. I wanted so much to like you yesterday, taking care of Theresa and all. If MB were like that all the time, or even most of the time, I'd probably view Melanie much more favorably. But it's those giggling little tics of hers...I just can't overcome them enough to like her even when she's not displaying them. She's the anti AZ in my book. Melanie's a character I really should like, but just can't because of the actress.

• Love 6

Glad we got confirmation that Serena was in on it from the beginning. So now she wants a promise that Eric won't get hurt? Why would that even happen? The smugglers have no reason to go after him, but I suppose we got that line to show us that Serena actually cares about Eric. Which, eh, who cares? 

She is not that altruistic. She still wants her $200k which seems a paltry sum given that those LOL "diamonds" must be worth millions upon millions. I would've thought her 'take' would be greater than that given the risk. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of money. I would be interested to know if Eric was a mark from 'go.' Meaning, I wonder if Serena and sexy fine came up with the smuggling idea and then hunted around for a gullible missionary type guy and then Serena "happened" upon Eric and their so-called African love story ensued. I have to say, the more calculating Serena seems, the more interesting the story gets for me mainly because this vindicates Nicole to a level and amount incalculable by any type of human math.   The bad thing about this is she will be unable to spike the ball in Eric's face. He will back to his mopey sad sack ways again wondering why he is the target of every woman he meets (which ain't a lie) and Nicole will have compassion & pity on him.  More compassion & pity than he ever had for her. 

• Love 3

With my love of JJ and Paige, and Melanie, I probably should set up camp in the Unpopular thread :)

I like Melanie and JJ is fine when he isn't with Lima Bean or talking about her.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

With my love of JJ and Paige, and Melanie, I probably should set up camp in the Unpopular thread :)

I like all 3 of those characters, as well.  That said, I am so hating the dragging on of everyone obsessing over JJ & Paige's college romance.   In fact, I turned the show off today, after Daniel hung up on Nicole because prying into JJ's life was more important.

• Love 5

Dan is just a gossipy high school girl....My apologies to the High school girls on the board...He is insufferable...This is Days idea of a rootable hero..To think that they threw my beloved Jack under the bus for this guy..No wonder Days is dead last in the ratings..Who does he think that he is....People complain about Will, but he is  so smug and self-righteous to the max..

What is Sparkle's game? what is he truly up to? I don't trust him at all...Plus, why does Sonny continue to give him the time of day to talk to him...I know that Will is the one that caused this mess, but he should still keep his distance from Sparkle.....It boggles my mind why Sonny indulges Sparkle and he wonders why Will is freaking out..Sparkle still has a hold over Sonny....He is so transparent always coming up with a reason to see Sonny.....

No matter what happens between Will and Sonny, I want T to be friends with both of them and I want him to be anti-Paul and anti-Paulson..Everybody is going to drinking the Koolaid, when he is revealed to be John's...Will is going to need T's friendship....I like T, he should be on more.....

I want Nicole with Xander..I still think that he might be Alex Kiriakis....If Sonny, Victor,  Will and Adrienne pass him by like he is a stranger, then I will accept him as being somebody else...

The wardrobe department, the makeup department and the lighting department should all be fired..The show looks horrible..Will looked like Richie Cunningham from Happy Days....Nicole and Serena look like hookers who are about  to walk the streets of Salem...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

WHY THE FUCK IS CLASS ALWAYS CANCELLED? Someone needs to file a lawsuit since people aren't getting the education they paid for. 

I'm hoping things can't get any worse than this when the new writers stuff starts airing. Even if the writing becomes more nonsensical I'm hoping at least people won't be doing the same things and having the same conversations for weeks at a time. This show is so tedious. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 9

I don't  think I really mind Paige and her teenage weaknesses. I just find her face a little distracting at times. Her mother makes me hope that a romance between JJ  and Paige will make Eve cry though.

• Love 1

I'm torn between thinking the kids should sue for having to pay for classes that are always being cancelled, and jealous that I had to attend classes and pass the tests to get my diploma.

The characters on todays, and every other days show, consists of smug arrogant man/men who needs to be punched in the face.

Woman/women begging for a man's attention/love, being talked down to, and formerly smart women being made fools of.

The resident screw ups who can never do anything right, even when they are right.

The resident saints who can never do anything wrong, even when they are wrong.

Why couldn't they let JJ/Paige have some carefree fun, like normal high school/college age kids everywhere, before they did the drama/angst, and really dumb SL of JJ nailing Paige's mom Eve.  Made even worse by JJ's mother's constant shrieking, and hypocritical judgemental lectures.

• Love 5

Now Sneasel wants to talk, he didn't want to talk to Sonny when he was in Hollywood writing a story. The one time he did talk to Sonny over the phone he was flat out rude to him and said Sonny was painting him as a bad guy to Lucas and Adrienne. Now he knows how it feels when text messages aren't answered. Damn Sneasel stop mauling Sonny, damn, grabbing the back of his head and just all in his face. Surprised Sonny didn't pass out from the stench of Sneasel's breath.

Sparkles, leave Sonny alone. Funny when Sparkles entered TBD, Sonny looked at Nicole and immediately shook his head. Sonny is smart, he knows that she'll probably try and get the scoop. Sparkles is just gonna manipulate to make himself look good, so Sonny can see what an upstanding guy he is. SMDH.

Jacosta and Suddenly Southern need to sitdown, same conversation over and over. If writers can't bother to change up their dialogue then keep them away from each other until they can say something different. Sick of hearing Jacosta dangle "the secret" over Southern's head and sick of Southern talking down JJ. Just old and tired.

Here we go, Beef Jerky is about to get on his high horse about how Jacosta didn't tell him about JJ and Southern, like he has a right to know and it's any of his business. FYI Jerky, not everyone in Salem have to tell you their business.

OMG classes cancelled again. WTF?? Writers are just absolutely ridiculous and can't have JJ say he snuck out of class to check on Jacosta and Southern. Why did classes have to be cancelled again?

The name Xandir just doesn't suit him at all, still looks like a Damon. Just gonna continue to call him Damon.

GMAFB Eeyore and Shrewena. How many times are y'all gonna say, "Let's not talk about Nicole." Y'all talk about her every damn day. Same repetitive BS from the writers.

Got to see cutie T, so that's a plus on top of another repetitive episode.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

Dan is just a gossipy high school girl....My apologies to the High school girls on the board...He is insufferable..

Every time I think Dan can't possibly get any worse, he does. Why is any of this any of his business?!? A grown man should not be this involved in the lives of his babysitter and his ex's adult son. I Jennifer reams him out tomorrow and then Nicole dumps him.

The wardrobe department, the makeup department and the lighting department should all be fired..The show looks horrible..Will looked like Richie Cunningham from Happy Days....Nicole and Serena look like hookers who are about to walk the streets of Salem...

Now they're even making Jackson look like shit. Today, that shirt made him look chunky and his normally amazing hair looked awful. I still can't figure out what they did to Paul Telfer's hair. Even worse were what Eve and Paige were wearing. Jennifer's dress and jacket were okay on their own, but they didn't go together at all.

ETA: I do disagree about lighting; I think it's one of the few things that isn't a problem on this show. Even in scenes on intentionally dark sets like Victoria's club, I can still see what is going on. If you want to see bad lighting watch GH. There are some scenes where it looks like they forgot to turn the studio lights on.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Every time I think Dan can't possibly get any worse, he does. Why is any of this any of his business?!? A grown man should not be this involved in the lives of his babysitter and his ex's adult son. I Jennifer reams him out tomorrow and then Nicole dumps him.

Now they're even making Jackson look like shit. Today, that shirt made him look chunky and his normally amazing hair looked awful. I still can't figure out what they did to Paul Telfer's hair. Even worse were what Eve and Paige were wearing. Jennifer's dress and jacket were okay on their own, but they didn't go together at all.

I have never liked how they dress Freddie on the show..They always put him in this large shirts that make him look chunky because he is not muscular...He looks good with the weight on in my opinion...He has lost weight, but they still dress like he still has the weight on....

Dan is just a gossipy high school girl....My apologies to the High school girls on the board...He is insufferable...This is Days idea of a rootable hero..To think that they threw my beloved Jack under the bus for this guy..No wonder Days is dead last in the ratings..Who does he think that he is....People complain about Will, but he is  so smug and self-righteous to the max..

I want Nicole with Xander..I still think that he might be Alex Kiriakis....If Sonny, Victor,  Will and Adrienne pass him by like he is a stranger, then I will accept him as being somebody else...

When were in that seemingly endless Tunnel of Love called Dannifer, although I detested Daniel, he was somewhat saved because Jenn was beyond horrible.  Show broke them, put them back together, then broke them up again.  Now it looks like they might be headed back together, and this time I find Daniel just as utterly repugnant as I find Jenn.  In fact, right now, I think he's even worse.  All that b.s. he threw at Nicole yesterday was infuriating and the single saving grace is that THIS time she didn't grovel, at least not as much as usual.  I don't know what the term for a man would be, but he's the male version of a cock tease right now.  For this geriatric bedhopper to be holding on to his virtue because he thinks Nicole might still care about Eric - and only Daniel can decided if she is or she isnt' - is the height of condescending behavior IMO.  I wish Nicole would detach his manly bits and send them home with him in a doggy bag.  These days, with this sort of messed up behavior, he really SHOULD be with Jenn.  They're a match made in hell.  And of course now he'll be involved even more in the JJ/Paige storyline, because Show just can't seem to quit him.  I haven't seen a show eaten by a man like this since AMC became the Ryass Lavery hour.  Daniel stinks just as badly.  

I was so glad to see Damon or Xander or whoever he is come back. but now Show is making me nervous.  He was very threatening to Serena yesterday and that reminded me of Clyde.  I hope, without much reason, that Show won't make him an unrootable or unlikable character, but I'm afraid that's exactly what they'll do.  After all, Show can't let any other male threaten the prissy perfection of Dark Roast Dan or Blockhead Brady.  

I like all 3 of those characters, as well.  That said, I am so hating the dragging on of everyone obsessing over JJ & Paige's college romance.   In fact, I turned the show off today, after Daniel hung up on Nicole because prying into JJ's life was more important.

I'm with you on two out of three of those characters.  JJ, for sure, although it's getting depressing to see him these days, back in the emotional strait jacket his mother and sister insist on dressing him in.  Melanie, as she was yesterday, I like.  It'w when she's with Brady and playing sexy, when those toothy tics come out and those make me cringe a bit.  Keep her in the mode we saw yesterday and I want more.  Plus, the more of Mel, the less of Abigail, and that's always a good thing.  Paige, I don't know......she's been stuck in this sullen spiral for so long that it's hard to remember the  independent, smart girl she was introduced as.  Maybe they can recover that.  I hope so.

Melanie rocked yesterday, too -- I love how she was unafraid to confront that thug in Theresa's apartment. Though I wonder if the fact that she deleted that text to Brady will come back to haunt her. At the end of this, I'm hoping Theresa and Melanie can be friends - they have great chemistry. 

I would really like seeing Mel and Theresa at least as frenemies, if not friends.  They both have more chemistry with each other than they do with Brady.  But Victor's sofa has more chemistry than Brady does.

I thought Eve was supposed to be under Jenn's thumb, now that Jenn knows that she removed the bubble wrap from her baby boy.  If so, then why is Eve showing more spirit in their scenes then she did before?  I dislike this storyline, and hope it ends soon, but for the first time I'm enjoying watching Eve and Jenn spar.

I should check to see if I have a fever.

• Love 5

IDGAF about JJaige, DOOL! In fact, I now ship Caige as much as I ship JJEve, so congratulations on this Romeo and Juliet bull storyline, Corday! I hate JJ. Absolutely hate him, almost as much as I hate his psycho mother.

I like Xander and Nicole ALOT and I really hope Xander is Alex.

Wilson- Let it go, Let it go, Let it gooooo. Their scenes are damn near painful to watch now. If Ari isn't between them, I find something else to do because I feel nothing. At all. I was also super annoyed by how Will was all over Sonny and the HYPOCRISY of his "why haven;'t you answered my calls and texts" damn near made my head explode.

Paul, if you could just whoop Will's ass one good time instead of sacrificing yourself, that would be great. I like manipulative, seductive walk Paul. This martyr is not the Paul that Sonny and I fell in love with, doggone it! Oh well, I'll have to content myself with the fact that I'll be getting a good dose of Paulson scenes in the next few days.

Sonny definitely lost weight since February airings and I kinda hope he doesn't lose anymore. I like my Sonny slightly squishy. He also seems to have as many plaid shirts as Will has paisely and Paul has black ones.

Off Topic: Does anyone know where I can find Will's black coat? I really freaking love his jacket, the leather one with the different textured sleeves?

• Love 1

How would the show explain the accent?

They can always say that he had lived abroad as a young child..That would defy credulity because Alex is only 2 years older than Sonny....lol...The twins were a few months old, when Adrienne found out that she was pregnant with Sonny....

I'm willing to suspend belief on a whole lot of things on DOOL. If Jen can live without a heart inside her for a bit then Alex can be British, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by chassiecrane
  • Love 5

This is the show that killed Roman.  Brought Roman back with John's face.  Brought Roman and Marlena back to life, and made John someone else.  Brought Roman back with Chris' face.  Brought Alex North to Salem with Roman's face.  Don't even get me started on Stefano's psycho doctors who can do anything.  Accent = no problem at all.

Sonny is still the only one I care about in that awful triangle.  Shut up Sneasel and Sparkle.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

I'm looking for reasons to believe that he's Alex. Daniel saying he looked familiar is one of them. I don't know why it's so important that he be a Kiriakis, but it is. I'm going to hold on to that belief for as long as I can.

• Love 4

I'm looking for reasons to believe that he's Alex. Daniel saying he looked familiar is one of them. I don't know why it's so important that he be a Kiriakis, but it is. I'm going to hold on to that belief for as long as I can.

I was a little thrown off by how Eric and Xander hugged so enthusiastically. I was so excited even though I could think of no reason why Eric would be excited to see Alex if Xander was Alex. I was just like "oh yes, he must be a core character, two people recognizes him!" But it was just from Africa :(

• Love 1

Same here..I think Will would know him as well via pictures from Sonny.....Plus, we need a badass Kiriakis to drive stories like Victor was back in the day...Philip is out of town, Brady is dumb and Sonny is a mary sue....

Edited by Apprentice79

Xander could be a nickname for Alexander, but they have referred to Alexander Kiriakis as Alex a few times, so unfortunately I doubt Xander is Alex.

and Sonny is a mary sue....

Gary Stu would be the male form I think, but, I don't think Sonny is... He did lose a lot of money a few months ago, did he not? He messes up too.

• Love 2

Xander could be a nickname for Alexander, but they have referred to Alexander Kiriakis as Alex a few times, so unfortunately I doubt Xander is Alex.

Gary Stu would be the male form I think, but, I don't think Sonny is... He did lose a lot of money a few months ago, did he not? He messes up too.

They need to bring him into the show....They mention him alot and Dena loves the Kiriakis family..She might bring him into the show..She was the one that brought Sonny into the show....She always loved Justin and Adrienne...She has been gushing about them on twitter..Even if Xander is not Alex, I would not be surprised if he shows up soon..The twins don't even get a mention by anybody.

• Love 2

They need to bring him into the show....They mention him alot and Dena loves the Kiriakis family..She might bring him into the show..She was the one that brought Sonny into the show....She always loved Justin and Adrienne...She has been gushing about them on twitter..Even if Xander is not Alex, I would not be surprised if he shows up soon..The twins don't even get a mention by anybody.

Do they even remember the twins exist? Somes soaps tend to forgot characters.

I would like a female Kiriakis for a change, there are too many men in the family. Though it would be good to see some more badass Kiriakis family members.

Random but, Alexander Kiriakis, that name sounds powerful... Like for some reason, it makes me think of a guy who can be all arrogance and charm, but alos ambitious and yet having a caring side.

• Love 2

Do they even remember the twins exist? Somes soaps tend to forgot characters.

I would like a female Kiriakis for a change, there are too many men in the family. Though it would be good to see some more badass Kiriakis family members.

Random but, Alexander Kiriakis, that name sounds powerful... Like for some reason, it makes me think of a guy who can be all arrogance and charm, but alos ambitious and yet having a caring side.

They mentioned the twins when Sonny got stabbed...Joseph and Victor Jr. should be on the scene mixing it up with everybody..I would love to see the 2 Victors interact with each other...Perhaps a dastardly ambitious Victor Jr. could challenge Alex and Philip for supremacy over the family with Joseph,  Brady and Sonny in the middle..The show should be miming their history to give us good stories.  There have only been two Female Kiriakis and that was Isabella, and Arianna via Sonny..If the show last into the distant future, Arianna should be a hellraiser due to her convoluted family history...lol Arianna could be what Will isn't..., some things do skip  a generation... Arianna Kiriakis sounds more formidable than Arianna Horton....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I'm so glad I went away to college.  Apparently if you go to school locally your mom hangs out in the public areas constantly.

And not only do they hang out in the common area, the Moms of Salem also dress like they're going onstage at the local Badda Bing momentarily.

I know why I'd like it.  It might mean that the Day of the Jonas might finally be ending, and Victor might get unshackled from the wet blankets surrounding him now.

Why not go with the ol' "ployps on the vocal cords" excuse?  After all, Eve returned to town with a bit of Dolly Parton in her voice.   Gotta be a reason!

• Love 1

What is Sparkle's game? what is he truly up to? I don't trust him at all...Plus, why does Sonny continue to give him the time of day to talk to him...I know that Will is the one that caused this mess, but he should still keep his distance from Sparkle.....It boggles my mind why Sonny indulges Sparkle and he wonders why Will is freaking out..Sparkle still has a hold over Sonny....He is so transparent always coming up with a reason to see Sonny.....

I totally understand the attraction of first love.  (cough) Just sayin'

Alexander was Justin's father's name, though I don't recall if he was ever on the show.

I hope Sonny gets custody of T.

• Love 7

I totally understand the attraction of first love.  (cough) Just sayin'

Alexander was Justin's father's name, though I don't recall if he was ever on the show.

I hope Sonny gets custody of T.

T grew up with Will, so his loyalty should go to Will...lol....

• Love 1

Shrewena sounded like a crazy woman today. I may be crazy myself but Daniel's hair didn't look as greasy or tousled as normal.

I said previously I liked the color of the dress on Shrewena but the cut and rhinestones have to go. Speaking of 80's old lady estate sale finds what the hell were Raccoon and Eve wearing? The dated hairstyles didn't help either. Eve's southern twang was heavy today. Back to crazy ladies, damn, Raccoon was deranged talking to JJ and Daniel. I was actually was on Daniels side like who the hell is she to barge in barking orders. Yeah he shouldn't broadcast to Salem private business between consenting adults. But at the same time she and her wildebeast daughter are abnormally interested in JJ's romantic and sex lives so they should really take 20 steps back. He made the mess he should grow up and deal with it.

I'm ready for this stupidass secret of JJ banging cougarmommy and the elephant garbage to end immediately.

T!! Fire plastic mannequin, Lima Bean, Jar Jar. Them give their $ and screen time to T and Lima Beans more attractive and rational friend. And bring back Philip for good, not some anniversary episode cameo.

I still think Xander is cute.

• Love 3

Somebody finally put a name on what I feel is happening with Wilson and Paulson- call it the LuRe effect. Wilson= Nuke= adorable young romance, Paulson= LuRe= hot adult romance. Once Reed Oliver came to town on ATWT, it was like Noah who. I'm feeling the same about Paul on DAYS- Will who?

Even if Xander is not presently Alex, depending on what happens the next couple of months that, it may be easy to retcon him as being Alex. Even if there is something that happens in the next few months that would make the retcon difficult, that's never stopped a soap before.

How much longer do we have deal with these writers? I know the show is about five months ahead and the change happened around Valentine's Day, so we're probably stuck with these stories till July? Ugh.

• Love 5

Ewwww! I laughed and barfed at Sneasel's idea of being sexy. The posing in the doorway made me LOL. And then the handy stuff all over Sonny...no wonder Sonny wanted out of there. It was skeeving me out,he just kept pawing at him. Those faces!

Can't wait until Paige finds out who JJ was really doing, hope it doesn't take as long as the stupid elephant story has.

Let's get this Serena s/l wrapped up!

• Love 2

AS was also a lot prettier than GW so I think it was easier to watch her nostrils flare and her eyes do the laser beam thing. I don't remember thinking AS was brilliant as an actress, but she did have the kind of charisma that works for a show like Days of Our Lives. I don't think I even liked anything Sami was doing and I remember being a bit horrified by her actions, but she was compelling in that way that makes you stare at someone even when you kind of hate them. I don't think GW has that rare quality. 

To me, Alison Sweeney was a 16 year old, when she started on the show, whereas Guy Wilson is rapidly approaching 30. I give child/teen actors a lot more leeway as they hone their craft. I wouldn't cast Guy Wilson in a McDonald's commercial. Ali grew into her role. To me, Guy is worse now, than when he stepped in. Granted, the writing is doing him no favors, but it goes beyond that, for me. I know if Chandler were in the role, I would feel way differently. I loved that kid. He was so natural, I never thought about his acting; I just thought about Will. 

There were aspects of the story I didn't like, but I enjoyed seeing her so much that I put up with those aspects. Even though she wasn't the reason I returned to watching the show, her leaving is the reason I'll stop. The things I liked before can't take away the bad taste of how this was handled.

Aw, I'm sorry. I know how much that sucks. I felt the same way about Sarah Joy Brown's Madison. I was so excited she was coming to DOOL and then the writing turned her into a nightmare, as far as I'm concerned. I wish Melissa Archer the best. Back when the show was switching writing teams, every six months, I was annoyed. I didn't even care which team they ended up with. This is the first time I can remember being actively happy that a writing team got the boot. I swear, these writers were saboteurs.

Why do most of the characters over 40 have no lives and are all somehow involved in the gay story? 

I get that one, because there's a marriage and child involved. I can imagine if my husband and I were on the outs because of infidelity, but we still loved each other, that both of our parents would be counseling us and trying to help us restore our family. What gets me is the adult involvement in the JJ/Paige story. Why are all the parents so frigging interested in their kids' romantic lives? The writing for Kassie DeP, Missy Reeves, and Shawn Christian (who I think we can all agree are soap vets of some talent, regardless of whether or not we like their current characters) is horrible. These three vets have no story of their own. Their biggest storylines right now, revolve around the sex lives of 19 year olds. And, I caught myself venting about this in GH forum earlier today, so I might as well say it, here, where it belongs: Daniel's involvement is the worst (worse even than Eve and Jennifer's).

Daniel and Jennifer are no longer involved. Jennifer (which, yes, I love her, but yes, I agree with all of you who are appalled by her level of engagement with her college freshman son's romantic life) isn't even his girlfriend, anymore. Sure, she turned to him for help at times (as did JJ), but they've both been sending pretty fucking clear signals that they no longer want Dan involved.

Fine, he puts the pieces together today, and realizes JJ is the guy who was banging Eve. He's disturbed by it. Right there with ya, buddy. But let's look at Dan's history. Did he not sleep with both Kate and her granddaughter, Chelsea? I'm sorry, writers, but a guy with Daniel's past -- once he puts the pieces together of what went on with JJ and Eve? A guy with Daniel's past should say to himself, "Ouch. JJ is a stupid, young prick. I will mind my own business," and seriously bow out. He might continue to let JJ and Jennifer know that if they need a shoulder, he's there, but he would not come off all huffy, like he was with Jen, at the end of the episode. What's he gonna do? Tell Paige that JJ banged her mother? No, he's going to slink back into a dark corner, and hope no one remembers he bedded a woman and her granddaughter.

The only people to blame for their cheating is the cheater.  EJ cheated, and it's his fault.  Rafe cheated, and it's his fault.  Will cheated, and it's his fault.  JJ cheated, it's his fault, and he needs to get the hell away from all those shrews that are constantly yelling at him.

I'd like to offer a tiny defense of Rafe, but have to admit that I'm not always the best on remembering things, so if my memory is faulty, please feel free to set me straight. As I remember it, after Gabi was convicted (or at least after she confessed to killing Nick, I can't remember the timeline), Rafe was distraught. He had all this guilt that he'd failed to look after both his sisters. Didn't he then tell Jordan he couldn't be with her anymore, because he sucks. (Paraphrase.) I always thought they were broken up (granted, for all of 2 minutes) when he hit the sheets with Kate, but it doesn't seem he ever offered this in his own defense, once Jordan found out about Rafe and Kate sleeping together. I don't know, to me, what he said to Jordan at the time (and I'll allow that it wasn't "I hereby break up with you,") was (still) a break up. She just didn't accept it as one. In other words, I'm not completely ready to judge Rafe for cheating on Jordan. In my memory, he thought he'd ended it with her because [reasons]. He still loved her and she still loved him, so he regretted his time with Kate, but I'm not sure I think it's cheating. Am I remembering wrong?

I don't  think I really mind Paige and her teenage weaknesses. I just find her face a little distracting at times. Her mother makes me hope that a romance between JJ  and Paige will make Eve cry though.

You know, the actress isn't unattractive, but to me, she always looks like The Wonder Years Winnie Cooper mated with a pug. She's got a cute figure, gorgeous hair, and a basically pretty face, but someone either pushed in her nose, or arrested its growth after her 8th birthday. I think the character is blah, but given the writing, I don't know how much to blame on the actress. That said, the girl who played Roxanne showed more personality in what -- 2 episodes -- than Paige has shown in her tenure on the show. I'm totally ready for her to be recast in the role, with a voice-over that says, "The role of Paige will now be played by a human with a pulse, who whines much less."

I thought Daniel said he looked familiar, to hang a lantern on the fact that enough of the audience is going to recognize this actor as the same actor who played the henchman who failed to kill Clyde. (Damn you, dead Damon.) That said, I would love for him to be Alexander Kiriakis. I will totally hand-wave the accent issue. Damn, it's good to have a man look at Nicole like he is actually a heteroman with working sex organs.

Board question: Why do people refer to Jennifer as as raccoon?

Edited by General Days
  • Love 6

Even if Xander is not presently Alex, depending on what happens the next couple of months that, it may be easy to retcon him as being Alex. Even if there is something that happens in the next few months that would make the retcon difficult, that's never stopped a soap before.

How much longer do we have deal with these writers? I know the show is about five months ahead and the change happened around Valentine's Day, so we're probably stuck with these stories till July? Ugh.

How can they retcon him into Alex, if his parents and Sonny don't recognize him..Sonny was just hanging out with him...