Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hope Victor offers to have Sparkle murdered.

I hope Victor offers to have Sparkle and Sneasel murdered.

Sonny replies, "I appreciate the offer Uncle Victor, but if you kill Will, Sami and Kate will want to kill us."

Victor, "I'm not afraid of those women."

Sonny, "Let's just say I don't want to be tossed in the freezing river in winter."

• Love 7

I don't know, I think Sonny looks at Sparkle like he's a chicken-fried steak but he can't have a bite because he's on a diet.

I don't like Derrick sniffing around TBD.  Nothing good can come of this.

I think Sonny was moved by Paul's words but he didn't look like he was trying to resist anything.  And in many ways.Paul uses his fear of admitting that he's gay as a way to control both Sonny and Will and make them feel sorry for him and hpefully sleep with him again.

• Love 3

I am sooo sick, but wanted to touch base just to mention that I couldn't believe they had Paul saying how "hot" Will is.  LMAO!!  I wonder if GW paid the writers to put that in.  HAWT - in a "I prefer my men with no muscle tone, bad sense of style and face making that makes him look like a toddler".

• Love 2

I am sooo sick, but wanted to touch base just to mention that I couldn't believe they had Paul saying how "hot" Will is.  LMAO!!  I wonder if GW paid the writers to put that in.  HAWT - in a "I prefer my men with no muscle tone, bad sense of style and face making that makes him look like a toddler".

No muscle tone?

• Love 1

I don't think Paul has seen Brady and Eric yet. And EJ is dead, so....

I suppose Paul might meet Lucas and Justin though. Maybe he'll realize Will's and Sonny's dads are way hotter than him. Though I'm sure nobody is looking forward to another JJ/Eve situation.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

The one gripe I have about this Paul coming out story is that they have taken all the dramatic potential away.

They let Paul lose the ability to play baseball so there wouldn't be any consequences to him coming out.

Then, yesterday they had Paul tell his mother he was gay when it would be much juicier if she was blindsided by the article.

Then Derrick comes to TBD to drop hints instead of Will and Paul's affair being outed (and Paul being outed prematurely) in a newspaper via some salacious pictures or something.

I'm guessing Paul's mama is still going to have trouble with his news and of course Sparkle has nothing to lose now, but still.

• Love 1

Even if Mr. Sparkuru were still able to play baseball, his career was always going to be off-screen anyway, so the loss of those consequences doesn't sap as much potential from the story for me as the fact that the writers have to introduce a whole new family just in time for him to become estranged from them. Paul's links to people on the canvas are looking more and more like coincidence (Oh, he's Sonny's ex! And also possibly maybe Spawn-of-Jawn! Which would, actually, make his self-involvement and tendency toward manipulation make perfect sense.)

And if the grandfather shows up on-screen, my money's on the show pulling a Wedding Banquet and revealing that tradition-minded Ol' Grandad had it figured out long before anyone else.

• Love 5

No muscle tone?

That's why I said he was doughy.  Looks like he has no muscle tone probably doesn't work out like the rest of them appear to do.  No big deal but I am not getting the "hotness"....btw are you a relative of GW? ;)

When does JJ and Eve get outed?  That ought to make for some fun times, although the pairing of the two in their sex scenes have been less than realistic.  They don't have the "I can't stand you - but our chemistry is too much to deny" vibe...I just get the "I can't stand you" vibe.

Hopefully Jenn will have more wonderful advice for her son's love life.  Ugh, it is creepy how she has to get involved in her kids love lives.

If Paul's mom were going to be a short-term role. AND it does turn out that John is Paul's father. THEN I think they could've slapped on a black wig on Diedre Hall to play her. Her eyes are almost shut from all the face work and when it comes out, John could explain his attraction to her since she reminded him of his precious "Doc".

Edited by worleybird
  • Love 3

Paul's mom already seems kind of boring. For some reason, I was expecting somebody a little more charismatic (maybe because she's older? Usually older people aren't this dull...)

Yes, Paul's mom does seem kind of flat but maybe when she has more to do then answer the phone, she'll bring more depth to the role?

Can I say that FS was brilliant today?  You could see all of the emotions on his face when he found out that it was his dear Sneasel in Paul's shower--he went from disbelief to tear-filled acceptance to blind rage--and it was glorious.  In many ways I wish we got to see the moment Sami realized EJ had slept with Abby because that would have been quality TV too :)

And can I say that I love that Adrienne's getting another taste of infidelity pie?  She was so cavalier about Sami's pain that it's kind of awesome seeing her in such misery.  I also look forward to Will's pain as well and I'm also kind of hoping for Abby to get indignant about his hurting Sonny--it would be hysterical for the two cheaters to start pointing fingers of shame at each other :)

• Love 7

Can I say that FS was brilliant today?  You could see all of the emotions on his face when he found out that it was his dear Sneasel in Paul's shower--he went from disbelief to tear-filled acceptance to blind rage--and it was glorious.

oh so say we all!! If this doesn't get Freddie his Emmy then I'm calling shenanigans on the judges. I'm going to re-watch today just to watch him. I'm convinced that he was so into the character that his hands were shaking. But I'm also going to give Sparkles some small kudos. That phone scene had to be a tough scene to shoot and Christopher nailed it
Edited by madhacker
  • Love 4

Paige needs to go back to having a non-misogynist vocabulary.  All that comes out of her mouth these days is bitch and ho.  Tired of it.

And Jordan and Theresa looked lovely today while Abby looked strange in that weird green/yellow shapeless top--I'm sorry guys, I just don't think KM is that attractive. 

No need to apologize!  I think she's fugly.

The Hope and Aiden storyline is damn intriguing.

Agreed!

• Love 4

I think Sneasel is going to get it from Sonny when he recovers from his injuries. I dont think he has really seen Sonny's dark side and I think his reckless behavior will unleash that...Sparkle will be a formidable opponent to Sneasel. He is woefully unprepared for a battle with Sparkle. He is going to wish that he had his parents's deviousness to fight back...I wish Sami was still in town for this, she would have been there to encourage and lift him up. Despite her flaws, Sami loves Will unconditionally and would not judge him. Whereas, he has always judged her for her mistakes.  I do believe that Abigail will be throwing stones at him because she is a self-righteous bitch who has no self-awareness. Sneasel deserves no mercy after all is said and done. He deserves to lose Sonny and have to watch him hanging all over sparkle. Sparkle will be taking advantage of Will's betrayal to get back together with Sonny....

The Lucas and Adrienne scenes were yuck. When Lucas held her hand and they locked eyes I almost threw up. Why is this happening to Lucas. 

Sonny BETTER NOT wake up with amnesia. He knows the truth now lets get this show on the road. I want him to go scorched earth on everyone.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I think Sonny will wake up remembering everything, pretending to be ignorant of Will's betrayal. Not letting Will know that he found out, while he secretly plots Will's destruction, just like Sami did with EJ. The only difference is that Sonny will have people cheering him on...Will is going to be a pariah, just like his mother was for so many years...Sneasel has been so self-righteous and smug for so long. I cant wait to see Sonny bring him down. He deserves to suffer for it...I hope Sonny does not back down because of Arianna...

• Love 2

My poor baby Sonny, he's so heartbroken. I just wanted to hug him and say fuck Sneasel & Sparkles. You think his day could get worse but it does and he gets stabbed. My poor baby again and he was about to go all Kiriakis on their asses. Hope it wasn't Derrick that stabbed him.

Sneasel standing back there like some creepazoid listening to Sparkles tell his mom he's gay was just ugh. He pulled away from the scene just standing there looking like a cross between constipated and stupid.

So we see Dingy throwing a hissy fit over a damn text Nicole sent him. He's such a lame ass dingy loser.

Then we have fucking Judgy prying when Dingy didn't even ask her but she felt the need to. First of all Judgy you asked Dingy to talk to JJ, Dingy didn't come to you wanting to talk but Judgy must know everyone's business cause she has absolutely NONE of her own. Seriously, what story does she have going on right now? *cricket sounds*. Who the fuck is she to say who should be together and who doesn't, bitch get the fuck on somewhere. Then goes to Nicole and goes all high school when she says that her and Dingy are friends forever. At least the good side is that she put on different makeup.

Newsflash Toothy, the 80's is OVER!!! Step out of it and change that hair. Sorry Toothy, Nicole didn't break Dingy's heart and if he's a wreck because Nicole was trying to get a scoop on Shrewena then Dingy needs a fucking psychiatrist. Dingy deserves better Toothy? Think again because Dingy deserves a good ass whooping. 

Today, Shrewena just looked old and beat up like she needs some rest, badly. IDK if that look was intentional or not.

Yes yes yes more Damon. My tv is so grateful when he's gracing my screen.

• Love 2

Sonny's acting was the most natural today. Everybody else seemed not quite as good in his storyline -- even Paul and his mother kind of seemed like they were doing a public service announcement. I don't even know what to say about Will. But Sonny was really good. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
I also look forward to Will's pain as well and I'm also kind of hoping for Abby to get indignant about his hurting Sonny--it would be hysterical for the two cheaters to start pointing fingers of shame at each other :)

Is it okay if I really, really love this idea? I mean I can see it now:

Grabbigail: "I can't believe you cheated on Sonny! You should be ashamed of yourself. You hurt my cousin! You're the same selfish jackass you've always been!"

Sneasel: "You say that to everyone lately. Where do you get off judging me? You cheated with EJ and betrayed my mom! And I'm your cousin, too, remember?"

Grabbigail: "That was different! Your mom's, er, not my cousin ... I think. Anyway, people shouldn't cheat on their cousins!"

Sneasel: "What? What are you talking about? I didn't marry my cousin!"

Grabbigail: "Well, I certainly didn't marry my cous -- Wait, hold up. Could we sit down? I'm having trouble following this conversation ...  how are you related to Paul, again?"

Sneasel: "Do you have oxygen reaching your brain at all? I'm not related to Paul."

Grabbigail: "What about Sonny, then?"

Sneasel: "Not him, either, you airhead! Well, except by marriage. He is my hu -- ooh, shit! I just cheated on my husband!"

Grabbigail: "You're such a ho."

Sneasel: "Wait, didn't I used to have, like, a scrap of integrity?"

Grabbigail  (commiseratingly): "I know, right?"

• Love 9

So trust me to be out of town with limited internet connection when the juciest episode happens.

I have to ask: did Lucas really say Adrienne was sexy? She's attractive but that is not how I think of her.

It sounded like Derrick knew exactly what he was doing when he twisted the figurative knife with Sonny about Will and Paul.

Does he know Sneasel is his husband or is he just rubbing it in for Sonny because he thinks Paul is two-timing him?

Thank the lord Sonny was able to put two and two together without the writers leaving room for him to find out about the sex later.

It sounds the article hasn't even crossed Sonny's mind yet.

I like that Victor knows that something is wrong with Will.

According to an SOD interview, GW said that Will was supposed to find out that Paul is Sonny's ex. I don't know if that is still going to happen, but I quite like that Will and Paul are the ones in the dark while Sonny knows what's up. Sonny didn't have to play duped husband for very long which is such an improvement for the show that let EJabby drag out for months, with Sami the fool.

I hope Sonny doesn't forget this because he is attacked. I like that he got angry when he saw Will's text. Nice to see that side of him.

I will say that it is ironic that Will and Paul got together even after Sonny has tried to keep them separate. I think Sonny will see Will as the bad guy because Paul talks about Will like he has no idea that he's even in a relationship. But Sonny should wonder if Paul planned this, if only because he's always asking if Sonny is happy.

I think it would be juicy if Sonny pretended like he didn't know to test if Will would tell him the truth.

I wonder if Sonny would take after Justin and get revenge on Paul or Will for sleeping with the other.

I know I said yesterday that Sonny would get back together with Sparkle, but he looks pretty pissed. Right now it looks like it's directed at Sneasel, but I'm going to wait to see how Sonny responds when Sparkle rushes to his bedside.

Sonny getting stabbed prolongs the drama without dumbing anyone down (hopefully) and ties Sonny into the Victor/Clyde war plus leaves room for Will and Paul to meet.

Did Sonny manage to respond to Will's text? And I wonder if Vic will mention to Will that Sonny was upset about something concerning him.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 1

And how anti-climactic-Mama Sparkle already knew Sparkle was gay. She still looks like she has major issues. It sounded like Sparkle told Grandpa Sparkle and everything was cool too.

Honestly, Sonny should have repeatedly aggravated Sparkle's shoulder with some weird sex positions, causing him to have surgery sooner instead of putting it off. Then Sonny would have been married to Paul for three years already.

I could deal with Lucas and Adrienne if I could get past feeling like she's his mom's age.  While I suppose she isn't technically, they're from different generations of Salemites.  That's coming off as skeevy to me and it's not working.

• Love 5

Eeally? I mean I can understand not liking her, but she looked fabulous today.

I agree that MA is a very attractive woman--I'm getting used to her ice blue eyes :)--and I actually like that she and AZ are not stick figures, and I think I'm going to like Serena more now that she's a little shady.

Re:  Sonny, he's angry at Will but I don't think that means he's going to run into Paul's arms.  I think he'll be freaked out by Paul and Will's sleeping together that he won't want to touch either man.

I also like that Victor wants to help his favorite nephew and when he learns that Sonny was stabbed, I think we will see Uncle Vic at his most dangerous.  And I also love that he wants to get the drug trade out of Salem--no Breaking Bad crap here :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

I'll go out and get a drink with you, Derrick.

Yes, why was Will lurking in the background during that phone call? Mind your business, asshole.

Paul's coming out was rather anticlimactic. Guess what? No one really cares in the end, Paul.

• Love 2

I will say that it is ironic that Will and Paul got together even after Sonny has tried to keep them separate. I think Sonny will see Will as the bad guy because Paul talks about Will like he has no idea that he's even in a relationship. But Sonny should wonder if Paul planned this, if only because he's always asking if Sonny is happy.

I know I said yesterday that Sonny would get back together with Sparkle, but he looks pretty pissed. Right now it looks like it's directed at Sneasel, but I'm going to wait to see how Sonny responds when Sparkle rushes to his bedside.

Sonny's got absolutely no right to be mad at Paul.  Okay, perhaps a smidge, but definitely not a lot.  Paul did sleep with his husband, but it's pretty clear he didn't know, and Sonny must know that Paul had no idea as to whom his husband is because Sonny didn't tell him, nor did Will.  As far as Paul knew, Will was single.  So I'd hope for Sonny to direct the bulk of his rage at Will for knowingly cheating on him.

That said . . . I'm throwing a little bit of shade on Sonny, too.  Just a little bit.  He should've just told Will about Paul from the start.  If he had, perhaps Will might've avoided being around him, or at least been more cautious.  This whole mess resulted from both of them keeping secrets from one another.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

Will better go run and hide because Jackson kiriakis is awake..lol. If sonny is like Justin, will better be scared because justin took out a hit on adrienne's lover when he learned of her affair. I have no sympathy for guy's will, had it been chandler's will. I would have cared, this will is just awful. I wonder how and when sonny will confront will about his affair.

• Love 2

That said . . . I'm throwing a little bit of shade on Sonny, too.  Just a little bit.  He should've just told Will about Paul from the start.  If he had, perhaps Will might've avoided being around him, or at least been more cautious.  This whole mess resulted from both of them keeping secrets from one another.

I suppose Will might have avoided him, but Will so easily fell into Paul's bed I find it difficult to critique Sonny for not mentioning his history with Paul, someone who Sonny thought Will had never met. If Will hadn't fallen into bed with Paul, who is to say Will wouldn't have slept with someone else, like the bellhop who appears to be hitting on everybody? Sort of like how EJ might have slept with any female who had presented herself to him in that cabin. Contrary to what Abigail thinks about her art history and literature knowledge, there wasn't anything inherently special about Abigail to EJ - she was female and she was easy and they were alone, so boom! Will probably just shouldn't have been alone with another guy who is easy in that hotel room, period (although, I suppose at the time Will thought Paul was straight. But still...maybe this wouldn't have happened if Will had just met at a coffee shop or restaurant the way a normal journalist does? I think the choice of hotel room for an "interview" was more stupid than Sonny not telling Will about someone he presumably has never met.)  Also, Sonny was tempted by Paul's sparkle eyes  and he didn't give in. This is the rare instance where the person cheated on can gauge what the cheated person felt, and compare how they both reacted -- one stayed faithful, the other didn't.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Sonny's got absolutely no right to be mad at Paul.  Okay, perhaps a smidge, but definitely not a lot.  Paul did sleep with his husband, but it's pretty clear he didn't know, and Sonny must know that Paul had no idea as to whom his husband is because Sonny didn't tell him, nor did Will.  As far as Paul knew, Will was single.

After they almost had for a second time Will told Sparkle that he was in a relationship. Sparkle didn't care and got mad when Will wouldn't screw him again. So while he didn't know Will was married to Sonny, he knew Will was taken but that didn't stop him from making another move on Will. Obviously Sparkle wouldn't have had sex with Will if he knew his husband was Sonny, but that's only because he's desperate to get Sonny back, not because he has respect for marriage. The fact that Sparkle has repeatedly tried to get Sonny to dump his husband proves he has no boundaries.

• Love 4

Poor Sonny. What a crappy way to find out your first love and your husband are sleeping together. I suppose it beats walking in on them in the act, but still. Then to get stabbed on your way to confront them. Not a good day for Sonny.

I did want to punch Sonny for being so disrespectful to Victor though. There is a way to talk to your elders and get your point across without treating them so shabbily. Paul should teach lessons. He's so sweet and respectful of his grandfather and that makes him even more attractive.

Eric is almost catching on to Serena. She should change into that slutty nightie she packed and he might forget his line of questioning.

That Derrick is such a cutie pie, how is it that Paul/Will/Sonny all act like he's ugly? What the hell?

Adrienne and Lucas aren't as traumatizing as I thought they'd be. It's very slow and subtle. Hmm.

• Love 3

Sonny listen to Victor you dummass. Why is he always pushing him away like an idiot? It makes no sense.

Cool blue eyeshadow and uptight facial expressions Jenn! Mimi from The Drew Carey wants her look back. I just have no patience for Dannifer doing stupid ass Dannifer shit. Please stop putting me through this.

Weird ugly crimped permed looking hair on Toothy. She is so eighties in her style like always.

It was stupid of AssCole to ask for Toothy's help with Unwashed Hippy father but I'm used to AssCole making a fool of herself weekly. She has no pride or dignity.

Lucas looked really cute today. I love his crooked smile. Lucus and his flirtation with Adrienne, that's a mismatch if I ever saw one.

I know I'm crazy but I liked that white sparkly jacket on Shrewena. It looks like something for a holiday party but it was fun.

Not much to say about Paul but he can go away.

Yes, why was Will lurking in the background during that phone call? Mind your business, asshole.

What a douche. LOL

Lima Bean is a idiot shrieking about "the BITCH that had sex with JJ." Then she was putting her hands on her mother and blasting her. Beansy has no right to put her hands on her mom and yell at her the disrespectful twit, no right to slap JJ, and last they were broken up - accept he doesn't want her or wants someone else damn. I'm not saying what the mom did was ok but Paige doesn't know this while she's been on her witch hunt.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

Beansy!

I usually watch my episodes on YT from somebody called HD Promo and they knock out an episode in 36 min and it'll be up tonight yet.  I'm so through with Hulu's commercials and nbc.com's player looks like crap on my old puter although adblock works there. In fact I must have fallen asleep watching Jeannie T call out Abifail, I'm assuming that was Friday?

What a much better story this would have been with Chandler.  I'm sure he's doing well in school.
And to think they touted GW's acting ability when he was hired...

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

OK, Paige has got to go. When she first appeared, I thought she seemed like a sweet, level-headed, smart girl. Ditching Stanford to stay with her high-school boyfriend didn't win her any points, but now she's about one rabbit short of a Fatal Attraction sequel. Girlfriend needs some serious understanding of what "he's not that into you" means and perhaps a bit of self-esteem.

As many of you have said, Paige and JJ are not married; they don't have kids; they were maybe? sort of? in a committed relationship for a couple of weeks. They don't owe each other anything.

JJ told her he slept with someone else and doesn't want to be with her anymore. That's the point where you let go and let it drop. And it's none of her business who he slept with.

And Paige, why oh why with all the misogyny? The person JJ slept with is a bitch and a ho; but JJ is somehow blameless and you still love him? Please spare me.

• Love 9

Really? I mean I can understand not liking her, but she looked fabulous today.

The woman is a walking, talking sex machine. It was just a matter of time before Eric gave in. Hope we get to see her in that slinky nightie. LOL. 

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2

OK, Paige has got to go. When she first appeared, I thought she seemed like a sweet, level-headed, smart girl. Ditching Stanford to stay with her high-school boyfriend didn't win her any points, but now she's about one rabbit short of a Fatal Attraction sequel. Girlfriend needs some serious understanding of what "he's not that into you" means and perhaps a bit of self-esteem.

As many of you have said, Paige and JJ are not married; they don't have kids; they were maybe? sort of? in a committed relationship for a couple of weeks. They don't owe each other anything.

JJ told her he slept with someone else and doesn't want to be with her anymore. That's the point where you let go and let it drop. And it's none of her business who he slept with.

And Paige, why oh why with all the misogyny? The person JJ slept with is a bitch and a ho; but JJ is somehow blameless and you still love him? Please spare me.

Thank you! I UBER hate when women do this! Yes, we know it's Eve, and we know porn music plays whenever she appears, but as far as Paige knows this woman who hooked up with JJ is not her mother, so this unknown woman owes her nothing.  The only person with whom Paige should be angry is JJ, and she needs to grow some self-respect and walk away, hopefully far away, very far away...

• Love 7
Sneasel: "Do you have oxygen reaching your brain at all? I'm not related to Paul."

OMG this made me laugh so hard!  Tears and everything.  What I wouldn't give for someone, anyone, to ask this of Abigail

Jennifer's hair and makeup looked good today. That's a nice change.

She really did look good today.  MR should always wear a bit of color and her hair down.  Judi Evans looked fab as well.

Really? I mean I can understand not liking her, but she looked fabulous today.

Melissa Archer is a beautiful woman, even when she does the crazy eyes.

• Love 1

Paige is a victim of the writing, I don't really blame her for being sour about it onscreen.  MA and KdP however are veterans and should have risen above it as AZ has done for years. 

BTW I loved it when AZ was EJ's  political wife doing the dirty work even though I would have voted for Abe.  Gosh AZ really does love her men and the only evil is trying to keep them hence the stupid mistakes.  That's why Sami bugged her so badly apart from the fact EJ purportedly loved her.  Sami's motivation to be loved was similar.  Will is different, he gets love almost as much as Abby and is almost as stupid.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1