Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I want Lani to go to prison just to shut her up. I was getting tired of Lani and her caterwauling today.

All I could think was how awful Lani is when she's trying to act like she's crying.  If she can't actually sound like she's crying it would be better to underplay it with sniffles and catches in her voice.  Instead she went for what sounded like some sort of wounded animal.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I KNOW I saw some strangers/extras in the crowd yesterday because I remember thinking, wow they've got actual non-cast members at the wedding, and I was trying to figure out who they could be friends of. Did anyone else notice them? And if so, where did they go??

Yes, I saw them and wondered the exact same thing today. No idea where they disappeared to.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, peachmangosteen said:

They actually said the year? I didn't notice. But of course Ron and co. don't even remember they did a time jump lol.

I was still shocked when they put a year of birth on Adrienne's gravestone. I think it was 1967?

• Love 1
(edited)

Shawn is too dumb to function around Jan and Belle is awful. I wish they would just split up for good but we're supposed to believe these two are true love and they have shown the opposite.

Jack/Jennifer apparently haven't seen Thomas/Charlotte who have no idea about their mom(if they want me to care about Abby's death they are doing a bad job here by not having her actual family front and center over it). I would've preferred they stay with Steve/Kayla if Jack/Jennifer weren't an option I mean at least they're family.

Ben got to pontificate about Abby though and Clyde also got a moment. Clyde of all people.

I don't really care that Abby is dead but as a J&J fan I do want to see them mourn their daughter not the people who tormented her although Ben at least has self awareness I'll give him that. 

Brady/Chloe were sweet today and probably the only bright spot in this episode.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 8

It's pretty sad when you've got Ciara and Jan in the same room and Jan is less annoying than Ciara.  And I detest Jan.

I guess the only thing that trump's the Salem "But she's a mother!" defense is "But she's a breast feeding mother!". I swear that Shawn gets stupider in every succeeding scene.  Drool can't be far behind.

When Ollie and Ciara got back to the apartment, Ollie put the baby down like it was a case of beer.

John and Marlena's apartment is starting to look like the Greyhound Bus Depot, with all these random drop ins.  Weird enough that Chad's kids got dropped off with these strangers, but then Chloe wandered in looking like wanted to buy a ticket for a trip to Bountiful.  

Then there's the ever expanding size of the place.  John and Marlena have a room, Brady does, as does his daughter and her nanny, Belle was staying there and EJ also spent the night.

I call b.s. on John in the kitchen taking chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.  With his home over-run the way it is,  I think it's more likely he was putting his head in that oven.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I guess the prison doesn't have an NICU for little Shawn Christian. Or whatever the kid's name is. Jan is occupying a hospital bed for..... why? She should be sent back to jail and she can pump or something until the kid gets bigger and can move to the jail. Taxpayer dollars for her to stay extra days?

I agree that Ben put down little Bo like a case of beer. What are they thinking, letting Jan Spears hold the baby?

Also agree about John and Marlena's ever expanding condo. Do they have bunk beds in the bedrooms? Are some folks being housed on the balcony?

Geez, Leo, you don't want to deal with Clyde Weston. Of course his eye goes right for the platinum money clip. Of course he knows the jewelry is hot. He isn't stupid. He probably knows it is Abigail's.

Nice to see Brady and Chloe again.

Hi Sami. At least you actually do have a broken leg.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, boes said:

When Ollie and Ciara got back to the apartment, Ollie put the baby down like it was a case of beer.

47 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I agree that Ben put down little Bo like a case of beer. What are they thinking, letting Jan Spears hold the baby?

I am probably the least competent person on the planet to care for a baby, but even I know that you don't simply hand over a baby because someone wants to "practice."  So it's OK if they break this one?  It doesn't really count because it's "practice"?  If someone doesn't actually care what happens, maybe I'm more competent than I think.

And yes, Shawn definitely needs someone appointed to manage his affairs.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

While in the real world I'm a big proponent of 'breast is best' and nursed my own for extended periods of time, but as an excuse to keep Jan jail out of jail, it's utterly ridiculous. Jan's baby is practically a micro preemie. It would likely have a feeding tube so she wouldn't be nursing directly.  They could easily give Jan a high-grade breast pump to build up her milk supply and send her back to the Stateville Dairy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

With all the requests Jan has had to practice with baby Bo, it is making me nervous that Jan will end up baby napping the infant in case she doesn't get to keep baby Bo.

Also, a reference to Phillip today? We have enough people - don't bring anyone else back!!!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

With all the requests Jan has had to practice with baby Bo, it is making me nervous that Jan will end up baby napping the infant in case she doesn't get to keep baby Bo.

Also, a reference to Phillip today? We have enough people - don't bring anyone else back!!!

Another great Victor snap. "He's alive!" Victor is in full DGAF mode and I am here for it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

A yawn of an episode.

Maggie, Bonnie, Victor and Nancy playing cards. Ooops, Vic mentioned Philip is alive.

Leo runs in to Chloe and Brady, who are somewhere on his revenge list.

The state is paying for Jan and her baby to be in the Salem hospital? Move her back to Statesville.

Hurricane Sami sees the hurricane in Lucas' hotel room. He claims he couldn't find the engagement ring. Suuuuure.

Clyde gives Nancy an expensive looking bracelet. Wonder if it is one of Abigail's. Someone will recognize it. Unless Clyde had it reset to be something else in a very short time.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Brady was insightful and seemed caring when talking to Lucas.  Brady recognizes when someone has fallen off the wagon  and is struggling. 

I liked that nod to history I think he also mentioned the same thing about Jennifer too. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Every time I see a commercial for the new minion movie it reminds of Chad finding Abigail's body.   Not the best product placement.   

LOL

And imagine how Chabby's kids will feel every time it's advertised. Talk about a trigger moment. #ThatNightWeWentToTheMoviesWithoutMommy 🤣

Marlena's gonna have her hands full hypnotizing that away.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Today's show had me both teary-eyed & laughing.  The scene between Chad & John was so emotional & had me teary-eyed, John bringing up his memories of Isabella, Chad remembering Abby's last words were "I Love You".  Then, I was lol when Sammi, hobbling on crutches heads for the door & says "I'll get the door myself" & also when both Eric & Rafe chomped down on big sandwiches :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I actually thought John was going to talk about the times Marlena died and he had to tell the kids (both when Orpheus blew up the house and the plane crash), but I guess since Marlena is still walking around it would have lessened the effect.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

How did Rafe obtain pictures of Abby on her bed? Did the Salem paramedics take them before providing life saving care or was it Chad? 🤔

I can’t believe this type of writing wins Emmys. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

How did Rafe obtain pictures of Abby on her bed? Did the Salem paramedics take them before providing life saving care or was it Chad? 🤔

I can’t believe this type of writing wins Emmys. 

Good catch! I was so busy thinking that Rafe was ogling those pictures a little too creepily to remember that the police didn't get there till after the paramedics took her to the hospital.  Unless Chabby has some bedroom cameras for their personal enjoyment, those shots shouldn't exist. And if it was a security camera then it would have also picked up the killer. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Swartz said:

how nice that JnJ got to visit their grandkids who are staying with John and Marlena. WTF.  Ron's favoritism continues 

It's crazy wrong how absent Jack, Jennifer, and JJ have been from the fallout of Abby's death.  I mean, the audience keeps hearing about what they are up to and how they are dealing with the death of their daughter/sister, but I guess it's just too much to show any of that.  None of them got told about the death on-screen.  We didn't get to see Jack and Jen's reactions to seeing their grandchildren for the first time after they and/or the kids were told.  No reunion with their surviving child.  I have no problems with John and Marlena usually, but I've seen more of their (and Belle's for some reason) grief and reactions than Abigail's own parents.  Same with Lucas.  And Gwen. Leo.  Jack and Jennifer are total afterthoughts and don't seem to matter at all in any of this.  They are just props for others.  Jack for Gwen.  Jennifer for Lucas.  JJ, if we ever see him, will probably be another shoulder for Chad to lean on (not that there's anything wrong with that), but not his own parents who lost their other child.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
Just now, SouthernChick said:

I really liked the scenes between Chad and John. If anyone understands the heartache of losing your wife, it’s him. 

It just reminded me how good Drake was with Isabella and how boring Marlena has made him

Bryan D was awful today. Cringey

• Love 9

I don't know why they bothered bringing back Jack/Jennifer if they are barely going to be involved in this storyline.  JJ might fare better but I doubt it. They might as well just have the entire storyline offscreen tbh much like Rafe/Nicole's wedding.

The only good thing I can say about Jarlena being there for Chad was that at least it wasn't Kate. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

I really liked the scenes between Chad and John. If anyone understands the heartache of losing your wife, it’s him. 

I think all the longtime characters understand the heartache of losing a spouse.  Jenn lost Jack.  Kayla lost Steve.  Yes, they are back but still they are Abigails family and loved her so I would have liked to have seen Chad with her family.    The entire canvas is filled with John and Marlena's kids and grandkids.  It's frustrating for those who aren't fans of theirs like me 

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Swartz said:

I think all the longtime characters understand the heartache of losing a spouse.  Jenn lost Jack.  Kayla lost Steve.  Yes, they are back but still they are Abigails family and loved her so I would have liked to have seen Chad with her family.    The entire canvas is filled with John and Marlena's kids and grandkids.  It's frustrating for those who aren't fans of theirs like me 

The reason why they used John is because - like you say - his spouse didn’t come back from the dead. Marlena did but Isabella did not. This is the first Chad and John scene I’ve seen. It’s not like John and Chad have built up this faux family relationship instead of Chad with the Hortons. I’m sure those scenes are coming. 

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m sure those scenes are coming. 

But let's be real.  They probably aren't.  If they were going to happen, they should have happened already.  Chad should have been with Jack and Jennifer at the hospital.  He should have been the one to tell them rather than them finding out off-screen.   There should have been some discussion between Chad and Jack and Jennifer about the kids. All the most important emotional beats that Jack and Jennifer should be a part of have taken place off-screen.  The big stuff has already occurred.  Off-screen.  Those moments were probably all the meaningful stuff Jack and Jennifer were going to get until they're needed for the reveal of the murderer.  This is the problem.  

Chad should have been interacting with Jack and Jennifer, the parents of his deceased wife, long before John and Marlena.  It's not a problem that he's interacting with them, the problem is why do we need to see these scenes, but not the ones with Jack and Jennifer?  They and their POV certainly shouldn't take place over Jack and Jennifer.  This is true of multiple other characters as well.

If we were getting Jack/Jennifer/Chad AND John/Marlena/Chad, there wouldn't be an issue.  They all bring something different to the table.  If there can't be both, then Jack and Jen should be the priority as the dead person's parents who Chad has had a decent relationship with.  They, not John and Marlena, were the ones watching the kids (that was all off-screen too) while Chad was with Abby when she was recovering from Gwen poisoning her.  It's not like Jack and Jennifer have been portrayed as distant and absent while John and Marlena aren't.  This is a very deliberate decision to highlight John and Marlena here while paying nothing but lip service to Jack and Jennifer.  And considering how much story, screen-time, and promotion those two already get, it sucks that it feels like they are taking what should rightfully be for Jack and Jen.  As was pointed out, the majority of the show is already focused on them and all their children and grandchildren, did they need to be at the center of this too?

I'll say this as well.  I like Chad just fine, but I'm more into Jack and Jennifer as characters and it is absolutely frustrating that they aren't getting nearly as much focus on their grief and everyone is apparently content to just leave them to their own devices because RC doesn't care about them.  Sure, those scenes could be coming too, but I won't hold my breath.  Unless you already knew, you'd think Abigail had no other family besides Chad and the kids.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

I understand Chad talking to John about his loss as they both have had someone die-die at least for now. Surely he could also have talked to Jack and Jennifer. Have John and Marlena bought the floor below them so they could have an ever-increasing condo? Soon it'll be the John Black mansion.

The sandwich Eric was eating was huge. Roman, you cannot give advice to your adult son. Nicole has moved on. Eric chose the priesthood over her. He did not commit to any sort of marriage with her that involved him having any contact with her. And now she stupidly marries Rafe. What was wrong with postponing the wedding for 2-4 weeks? Is it the same day Abe got married or is it a different day now? Why would she want Abe's anniversary date? Too bad Eric got to the apartment too late. Ah well, give it a couple of months til he and Nicole start making oogly eyes at each other.

Sami's cab was waiting outside the DiMera door? She sure wanted those papers signed. Wait til Lucas comes clean. He will crack at some point. No idea who she will hate more with EJ - Nicole or her sister? Lucas is still playing a dangerous game.

At least John was able to be a friend and father type figure to Chad. At some point, he can't stay with them and has to go home to the empty mansion room.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Chad should have been interacting with Jack and Jennifer, the parents of his deceased wife, long before John and Marlena.  It's not a problem that he's interacting with them, the problem is why do we need to see these scenes, but not the ones with Jack and Jennifer?  They and their POV certainly shouldn't take place over Jack and Jennifer.  This is true of multiple other characters as well.

I love your whole post.  It's ridiculous that John and Marlena are front and center in the aftermath of Abby's death when it should be Jack and Jennifer, along with Steve and Kayla, Maggie, and (as much as it pains me to say), Julie and Doug.  THOSE are the people who legitimately loved Abigail and should be showcased.

This other bullshit just detracts from the entire storyline.

• Love 12

My local NBC station after cutting into the show in the first scene: "If you want to watch Days, we'll show it to you at 3am."

WTF! How about you show me my Orpheus and Evan now and move the news to MSNBC, your own news channel!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

So Eric has 0 children.

Evan has 2.

OK, if it's true Evan has a child with Jan....how is that possible?  Didn't the DNA test show Shawn Douglas as the father?

Second:  I'm drawing a blank on the Christian part of the baby's name?  Is it in honor of someone?

Lastly:  wow, wow, wow - the conversation between Belle and EJ was probably the most honest conversation a couple has ever had prior to embarking on a romantic relationship. They both laid down their cards and were honest about how revenge against their ex was part of it, but that they are actually attracted to each other. I really liked that they talked it out before the bedroom part actually happened since it removes any taint (with each other at least) about why they are together.

So...even if baby Shawn Christian ends up being Evan's baby, I think I'd still like EJ and Belle to explore their relationship further...(and remember, I was a loooong time Shelle fan).

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

OK, if it's true Evan has a child with Jan....how is that possible?  Didn't the DNA test show Shawn Douglas as the father?

It's Salem, where no DNA test is ever accurate or not switched lol. Come to think of it, has there ever actually been a DNA test performed that ended up being accurate?

Second:  I'm drawing a blank on the Christian part of the baby's name?  Is it in honor of someone?

Evan's name is actually Christian so that could be the reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm down for a little Evan/Jan chem test. We need a bad/psycho couple around lol.

We do but soaps don't know how to write for them. Plus Jan's only reason for existence is her obsession with Shawn.

I thought Julie was hilarious dragging Jan today my favorite part of today's episode.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Evan's name is actually Christian so that could be the reasoning.

Nobody ever thought to question this?  Hello, SHAWN?  Somebody??!!

51 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I thought Julie was hilarious dragging Jan today my favorite part of today's episode.

Yes, that was my favorite too.  I esp. loved when Julie ALSO dragged Shawn D. calling him out for sharing his feelings with *Jan* about his wife!!!  Shawn couldn’t talk to Ciara, Roman, Kayla or his mom (who apparently is reachable by phone since Ciara was talking to her in the very same episode!). 

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I'm just finding it confusing/weird since that's the name of the actor that played Daniel.

• Love 3
(edited)

Shawn is a moron.

Sami is also just as stupid, go marry your kidnapper. I hope EJ rubs it in her face when truth comes out and stays with Belle. 

I laughed out loud at Julie's Titanic line. 

Julie's confusion of "Cin" and the Doug/Julie names were cute. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm just finding it confusing/weird since that's the name of the actor that played Daniel.

I am thinking that this was a cutesy "wink" from Ron to the viewers so that we would be surprised with the true daddy.  Which most people weren't. Maybe Jan and Evan/Christian got together when they were supposed to be in the arts and crafts room making mugs?

• Love 3

I too thought it seemed mature for Belle and EJ to discuss their reasons for plunging in to an affair. I too don't think they will last but at least it isn't unexpected passion and one thing leads to the next.

Shawn is still an idiot. Sami is an idiot to accept Lucas' marriage proposal. She sure is a sucker for lies.

So Orpheus explains everything to his son, who has been in solitary. Evan talks about the work with the Devil and that he should have ran. How convenient that Baby 1 is now living in New Zealand - sure beats the general Africa or Hong Kong. What a surprise to learn he has fathered another kid!

Nice of Allie to apologize to Ciara and Ben.

Julie remains Julie.

The boat is an expensive gift for Ciara and Ben. Has Ciara sailed much? Does Ben have any idea how to manage a boat? Is it their dream to sail around the world? Where is the money coming from for them to sail around the world and have such a life? Who is funding this? Grandpa Victor? Hope? The baby is still very young and has a number of milestones such as regular pediatrician care, shots/vaccines/checkups. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The baby is still very young and has a number of milestones such as regular pediatrician care, shots/vaccines/checkups.

To be fair, the Cin baby is basically the same age Shawn-Douglas was when Bo and Hope did their trip around the world, and he seemed to turn out okay physically, even if he is a dim bulb. (Seriously! Neither of his parents were as naive/dumb as Shawn seems to be.)

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm truly thrilled that Ollie and Ciara are going to sail away on a boat!  Seems hard to do since Salem is landlocked, with their only access to water being the River Styx but I don't care, I just want them to sail away for a 3 hour tour ......

The mate was a serial killer man,
The skipper dumb as dirt.
These boneheads all set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
The folks left back in Salem Town prayed that
The Cin boat would be lost, the Cin boat would be lost.

giphy.gif

May they live unhappily ever after, hopefully on Dimera Island, with nothing but Island Chicken to eat.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15