Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I’m praying Leo is lying about an abusive dad. Not every character needs trauma to explain their behavior. Some people are just assholes and that’s fine lol.

I hope Tripp goes bad or something now. Otherwise he can go because he’s boring as hell.

I continue to love JoDevil. He’s fun! The actor doing the voiceovers as Johnny trying to come out was really bad though.

• Love 9

I laughed at Johnny’s little kid voice trying to escape the Devil.

No idea if Leo had any abuse in his past. Like @peachmangosteen said, some people are just jerks and creeps. I did like Brady explaining some of his cons to Craig. NBC is sure pushing Peacock.

Allie does need to find herself and who she is and what she wants. Way too young to get married. Maybe work with a therapist and figure out if she really is attracted to Chanel or Tripp or anyone else or that Tripp was just a safe and accepted choice for her. At least he got his ring back.

Lani, it looks like you bought the cake. At least Chanel came over. Chanel you weren’t married that long to Johnny and you face a small, if any, divorce settlement. He was a jerk to you and may have a long apology tour when he is exorcised at some point.

Paulina, you did not have to break the vase. Rip the flowers up and toss them. Not take them over to your ex.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m praying Leo is lying about an abusive dad. Not every character needs trauma to explain their behavior. Some people are just assholes and that’s fine lol.

I hope Tripp goes bad or something now. Otherwise he can go because he’s boring as hell.

I continue to love JoDevil. He’s fun! The actor doing the voiceovers as Johnny trying to come out was really bad though.

Leo's abusive dad was part of the story line back when he was hoping that John was his father.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

If Allie was any bigger of a lump, you could cover her with a cloth and in three hours, make bread out of her.  She's an insult to lifeless.

Tripp should be offended by her lies, but Chanel should be offended by Allie saying "it meant nothing".

I broke up with the "love of my life" enough times in my 20's to win an Olympic Gold Medal, but not ONCE did one of my friends have sex with me to help me cope.

I don't know what Ron C's life has been like, or what he wishes it has been like, but the CDC should have his brain surrounded with those yellow "Do Not Cross" tape.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, RedElf said:

Leo's abusive dad was part of the story line back when he was hoping that John was his father.

Ugh, they can never just let characters be bad and not try to explain it or redeem them. Just let people be assholes, for fuck's sake!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Craig and Nancy used to be much smarter. I can't believe he's falling for such an obvious con. Also, wasn't the Mike Horton thing in the late 90s before Chloe came onto the show. Bringing up something from literal decades ago and comparing yourself to a man who was conning people just months ago is not comparable. 

I know it's a Soap, but I always find it odd when victims are okay with being alone with their abuser in a hotel room. Paulina in no way seems scared of TR. TR is back to not feeling threatening. 

I tried to write something about Tripp/Allie several times. Each time I got bored in the middle of the sentence.

I feel the same about JoDevil and Chanel.

Are we going to be several weeks behind for the next 6/7 months?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm all caught up on the show.  I'm not sure why I bothered.

The only interesting story to me is the island, and they haven't been on for a week?  JoDevil is the worst, and I don't care about Lani/Paulina/TRay/Chanel or Craig/Leo/Nancy one bit.  I can't stand Gabi, but you know the rest of the show is really bad when I'm rooting for her to figure out the truth about Jake and JoDevil...  I hope it gets better soon, but I won't hold my breath.  

• Love 7

Sarah is unwatchable again. Was Renee a child? Why is she acting this way for fuck's sake?! Also, LG's wig is 1000 times worse than Nancy's. I'm so embarrassed for her.

I legitimately don't remember anything else that happened lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sarah is unwatchable again. Was Renee a child? Why is she acting this way for fuck's sake?! Also, LG's wig is 1000 times worse than Nancy's. I'm so embarrassed for her.

I legitimately don't remember anything else that happened lol.

I say she was probably in her 20s. She was married to David(Eli's father) who was in that age range or at least in his 30s.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, RedElf said:

I was beginning to think I imagined this lol

Leo’s mother was terrible too.  Still think Leo is is up to something.  His suit was way to normal at that dinner.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I lol'ed at Tony mentioning Renee DuMonde - another DiMera offspring - and Chad mentioned that the old man really got around.

So did Kristen poison the chicken dinner after all? Or put some sort of drug in it?

Sarah as Renee DuMonde? She may need to spend some time in therapy getting the treatment Abs received. She seemed really excited to meet Chad. And then her Tony walks in the door. Yikes.

So Tripp had to tell Roman the whole proposal story? Allie should be talking to her grandfather and grandmother. Maybe talk to a counsellor to figure out who she is, whether she is gay or bi, or whatever label she wants to be. She should also apologize to Chanel for telling her that any intimacy with her was meaningless. That is disrespectful and immature. Getting married is a mature decision that should last a lifetime, or in soap years, maybe one or two. Tripp should be hurt and angry. He had to get past a lot with her and has been beyond forgiving. Surely there is a better young woman out there for him.

• Love 11

Can Steve and/or Kayla please stab Kristen in the neck with a chicken bone?  I barely watch this show and am so, so sick of her. 

Ron C. just doesn't know how to write a soap without a hostage-taking, mask wearing villain who gets away with terrorizing people again and again and again.  It's ridiculous.  And not in an enjoyable way like JoDevil (though I realize many people don't like that, either, but the actor is really good at playing this silly story and I like that), but in a very unsatisfying and frustrating way.  Kristen is a tedious, utterly charm-free psychopath who needs to be killed off once and for all.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Can Steve and/or Kayla please stab Kristen in the neck with a chicken bone?  I barely watch this show and am so, so sick of her. 

Ron C. just doesn't know how to write a soap without a hostage-taking, mask wearing villain who gets away with terrorizing people again and again and again.  It's ridiculous.  And not in an enjoyable way like JoDevil (though I realize many people don't like that, either, but the actor is really good at playing this silly story and I like that), but in a very unsatisfying and frustrating way.  Kristen is a tedious, utterly charm-free psychopath who needs to be killed off once and for all.

Yes, Kitty Redstone, YES!!  Well said, and oh so true.

There's nothing to celebrate about this character.  I feel for Stacy H having to play her, but I guess a job is a job.  

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

TR is back to not feeling threatening. 

Right...and he even found an apt number similar to Paulina's 227.  His apt number is 2117, which can be translated as 2  1+1  7.

Edited by MsTree
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Allie/Tripp is reminding me of Hope/Rafe in the sense that Allie/Hope are much more connected to the canvas than Tripp/Rafe are. This becomes a problem during moments of conflict. Rafe would turn to people like Jennifer and Shawn and Ciara for comfort when he was having issues with Hope. People obviously more connected to Hope than Rafe. It would make it quite apparent that for a character with more than a decade worth of history, the show still had not integrated him well into the canvas, not for lack of trying.

I feel the same about the Tripp/Roman scene. I kept wondering why he would go to Allie's grandfather for comfort. Then, I realized Steve/Kayla are on the island, and the only other person Tripp realistically has is Ava. Even Chanel have Paulina, Lani, and Eli, and Chanel is a much newer character than Tripp.

I also always hate the way the show describes Roman/Marlena/John. Marlena did not choose John after the affair. She consistently and fervently fought for her marriage. She basically begged Roman to take her back several times. Roman was so angry that he refused to forgive. Marlena's guilt regarding the affair is why she tried to stay away from John romantically for years.  That guilt is partly what led to the possession storyline. 

I'm not trying to be mean but Allie/Tripp/Chanel don't compare because the acting is not up to par, the characterization is not up to par, the writing is not up to par, and the stakes are almost nonexistent. Roman had the Brady family, John had Victor and Kristen and Abe and Marlena had the Horton family. Tripp has no one. That alone already makes the storyline less impactful.

LG is already aggravating. I hoped she'll use the time off to center herself as an actress again. No such luck. Is Sarah/Renee supposed to be an idiot? I could forgive Sarah/Renee not looking in a mirror and seeing a woman clearly in her 30s. But are we to believe Sarah/Renee can't see her hands and body? Does Sarah/Renee not have questions why Kayla and Kristen and Tony are obviously decades older? Does she not have questions why two sets of people believe she's Sarah Horton? I just don't see the point of this.

Kate had an Erica Kane moment. For those who didn't watch All My Children, it became a running joke how Erica refused to call her grandchildren her grandchildren. "My daughter's daughter" was one of her favorites. It was in character for Erica Kane. I'm quite certain we've heard Kate describe herself as a grandmother to Will, so it was kinda hilarious to hear from her "my child's child."

Sarah was Kayla's Maid of Honor because she was simply picking up food at the Pub. HAHAHAHAHA! They really should have left that character on the island.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 6

I am so already over this Sarah/Renee thing. Agree with everybody who said LG's acting is irritating af, and this from somebody who mostly tolerated her baby voice

Also this has to be it for Kristen right? She has turned into a 1930's moustache twirling villain with zero nuance

• Love 12
(edited)

Take a drink every time someone says Renee DuMonde. Ron wants us drunk so his writing doesn't seem so bad, right? 

Party Drinks GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

I can't wait till someone tells Madwoman on the Island that she's dead. That outta be fun. Surely it wasn't written in her diary. 

Given that Sarah's probably not more than 100lbs even in a soaking wet wig, I'm willing to bet any one of them could just pick her up and throw her ass on the plane. 

What are we on day #6 of Valentine's Day week? I'm starting to suspect that while the Salemites are chugging their green beer at the Brady Pub next month, the rest of us will be eating Easter dinner.

3b3cac510e90008ea3f9328560129275ff1c7533

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Did I miss a day or a certain scene, because when have Anna & Gwen crossed paths?  How did Anna know so much about Gwen?  I did not understand why Anna felt she had the right to lecture Xander about Gwen?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Did I miss a day or a certain scene, because when have Anna & Gwen crossed paths?  How did Anna know so much about Gwen?  I did not understand why Anna felt she had the right to lecture Xander about Gwen?

Anna was suspicious of Gwen back when Gwen was still living at the Dimera mansion as the nanny. It was one of the times Anna and Tony popped into town and they first met her, probably about a year and a half ago at this point. So not recently.  Definitely before Abs knew Gwen was her sister. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Peanut6711 said:

Anna was suspicious of Gwen back when Gwen was still living at the Dimera mansion as the nanny. It was one of the times Anna and Tony popped into town and they first met her, probably about a year and a half ago at this point. So not recently.  Definitely before Abs knew Gwen was her sister. 

Thanks for the info, I had forgotten that, but I still dont think Anna was right in lecturing Xander(altho what she said was all true)

• Love 5
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

Thanks for the info, I had forgotten that, but I still dont think Anna was right in lecturing Xander(altho what she said was all true)

Agree Anna was overbearing.  Plus, Gwen isn't her problem, though once she has to start dealing with Sarah I-think-I'm-Renee-Dumonde Horton, she may wish Gwen was her problem. 😁

• Love 6

I am enjoying Kristen-As-Evil, as annoying as this island story line is. The mooning over Brady, being friends with Marlena, doting mother to Rachel Kristen wasn't nearly as fun to watch.

Chad with his mouth full, half spitting out his chicken as he yelled "what do you mean it's too late?" was great. 

The less said about Sarah-as-Renee the better.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is Sarah/Renee supposed to be an idiot? I could forgive Sarah/Renee not looking in a mirror and seeing a woman clearly in her 30s. But are we to believe Sarah/Renee can't see her hands and body? Does Sarah/Renee not have questions why Kayla and Kristen and Tony are obviously decades older? Does she not have questions why two sets of people believe she's Sarah Horton? I just don't see the point of this.

Soooo much this! 

If Sarah/Renee really did toss out the "amnesia poison" and replaced it with goat's milk, THANK GOD!  We already have one amnesiac (sort of), can you imagine another almost half dozen amnesiacs?!  

And lastly, but of course Kristen escaped - AGAIN! She's an exhausting mustache-twirling villain.

And, oh yeah, DOOL is ridiculous because it wants it both ways: 

• the real world exists (it's Valentine in Salem)
  • but also wants to pretend real life situations DON'T exist: the entire fricking WORLD should be descending on Salem about the Devil, the zombies (Nick/Charlie), the masks which can turn anyone into anyone else. There should be mass media coverage of just one of these events, let alone all of them, not to mention someone (realistically, more like multiple someones) trying to monetize all the stuff that's happened 

• Love 10

I felt bad for Tripp, and I think he handled it as well as he could. Given how he found out about it. I hope Tripp didn't inherent his mother's coping mechanisms. 

I wasn't feeling the JoDevil SL until this past Monday. Now the story feels like it has some weight/angst to it. As cringeworthy as Johnny's voiceover was, I'm glad we saw it happen. Everyone that thought Johnny lacked inner fortitude got humbled lol    

Kristen has long outlived her "she's so bad she's good, so we have to keep her around for drama lol" era. 

2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I am enjoying Kristen-As-Evil, as annoying as this island story line is. The mooning over Brady, being friends with Marlena, doting mother to Rachel Kristen wasn't nearly as fun to watch.

That time she got high & mighty with Gabi, was also ridiculous. But Ron really made Marlena be friends with Kristen too? I must've Fast forwarded that or something. He really went all out trying to woobify Kristen didn't he?

4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Given that Sarah's probably not more than 100lbs even in a soaking wet wig, I'm willing to bet any one of them could just pick her up and throw her ass on the plane.

I know right? I'm just waiting for someone to realize that and then punch her in the face. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was actually really hoping Kristen really did drug them all and they’d all have amnesia. That would have been straight-up hilarious.

For a second there, I was wondering who Steve and Kayla were gonna wake-up tomorrow and be too.  Would Steve think he was Neil Curtis? Alex Marshal? Eugene Bradford? Maybe Kayla would imagine she was Megan Hathaway? Tamara Price? Or Julie? 😱 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Loved Tony today speaking for us all

Also Jen's over the top reactions to Xander and Jack's bromance.

So Kristen was just going to wipe everybody's memories? Including 2 of her brothers? Why? She's already a fugitive. I am so tired of her getting away with everything.

• Love 16

I can't imagine Jennifer ever being phased by Xander/Jack's bromance tbh but then again most of these characters are unrecognizable under Ron these days.

At this point I am just glad my faves either get minimal airtime or are offscreen entirely.

• Love 2

I can't with Jack's " I have to tell Gwen" and she's been so worried. He needs to be slapped and Abby needs to have nothing to do with him again. 

Anna was so spot on today. 

• Love 7

Anna was spot-on today. Everything she said was true, and she barely knows Gwen.

So, Sarahnee saved the town of Salem from a new bunch of amnesiacs. Where is TMZ and other tabloids, including the Salem Intruder? The possession should attract a lot of attention. I found Sarahnee exhausting. At least she changed the poison to goat's milk. And Kristen escapes..... again.

Tony was also speaking for the audience. The story is dumb. Take Sarah back home, send her to a clinic to get her memory back and get rid of the Renee DuMonde person. Unless they'll use it as a launch to start a new murder mystery. Yawn.

Gwen, Ava is right. Kristen will turn the both of you in if you aren't on her side.

Xander seemed so happy to have his mate Jack be his best man.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was actually really hoping Kristen really did drug them all and they’d all have amnesia. That would have been straight-up hilarious.

Me, too.  That was as close to edge-of-my-seat that the show's had me in quite awhile.  I was disappointed that it was resolved so conveniently.  

For the most, I've enjoyed What Happened at Tasty Chicken Island.  Primarily because of Abigail and Kristin's interactions.  I wish Steve and Kayla hadn't been so secluded for most of it but I can see why that was necessary for plot reasons.  I hoped Tony would be given something awesome to do, especially because They dug so far back into his history, but They usually waste Thaao Penghlis when they have him on these days.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Was Renee a child? Why is she acting this way for fuck's sake?!

I've been watching some old scenes, and Philece Sampler does have a girly-ish voice but there's a strength to her performance that betrays what you'd expect when you hear her voice.  Unfortunately, Linsey Godfrey just doesn't have the expertise to pull something like that off.  And I'm not saying she has to, as Sarah's incarnation of Renee is based only on what she read in a diary, but it would be more interesting to watch if LG's resemblance to Sampler was uncanny.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I hope Tripp didn't inherent his mother's coping mechanisms. 

I hope he did. He needs some livening up! And for fuck's sake, he once tried to kill Kayla, so him being an absolute drip that's just been letting all this shit roll of his back for years is not it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Did Steve and Kayla even lock the storage room door behind them? How could Kristen get out when they were locked in their for days? I realize that SH has to slap on the wacky teeth and the appalling screechy accent to go visit Cin so Kristen had to abscond, but I would have been cool with her a) dying for good b) jailed for good c) eating her own chicken. Anything to end her.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

LOL...."Don Craig went out to mail a letter & we havent heard from him since"...

That was the best line of the day!  If only Tony would have then chimed in, "But I heard a rumor he was living in Santa Barbara after that." 🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

LOL...."Don Craig went out to mail a letter & we havent heard from him since"...

Maybe he stopped off for a plateful of that delicious island chicken on his way to the mailbox?

• LOL 12

This whole Renee Dumond storyline is so frustrating!  Why hasnt anyone shown Sarah a photo of herself?  Or tell her that she is a Doctor who used to work in that hospital?  I hope they go get Maggie who could bring Family photos to convince "Renee" that she is really Sarah.  There are so many things people should be doing to help her.  I got a kick out of Anna & "Renee" fighting over "MY Tony" :)

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That line is about the only good thing that's come out of this Sarah/Renee memory mixup.

19 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She's already a fugitive. I am so tired of her getting away with everything.

Kristin getting away with everything, disappearing for a bit, then coming back to do it all again, reminds me of the ridiculousness of the serial villains on the 60 tv comedies like Get Smart and Batman.

• Love 8

I'm even more convinced after today's show that we're supposed to be drunk for this.  First, it was another day of ad nauseam reminders that Sarah thinks she's "Tony's old lover Renee Dumonde" as if Tony has so many lovers named Renee that her last name is necessary.  Then there's Kayla, the Chief of Staff doctor of everything who was able to take unlimited vacation days on no notice and return with the staff's other doctor who now needs a vacation on the psych floor.  Call in a shrink? No, Kayla must not have wanted to disturb Marlena's Valentine's Day. Or maybe she didn't want to risk Mardevil making a reappearance and messing up Sarah's already warped mind further. Notify her family? But no, can't upset Maggie. And yet, despite the fact that it's clear Sarah's elevator no longer goes to the top floor, Kayla more or less washes her hands of her and leaves so-not-sane Sarah at the Dimera House of Horrors where she got injected with the brain scrambling serum in the first place, dumping the problem on Tony and Ana, even though she's not really family.  I guess (I fear) we're in for weeks of Sarah being the most obnoxious houseguest since Susan last came screeching into town and puked on Marlena's carpet.  It's almost as if Ron read all the comments about how annoying Sarah's baby voice was, turned to his fellow staff writers and said, "They think she's annoying talking to Zander? Here, hold my beer."

Lastly, under that black cardigan, I'm pretty sure Jennifer was wearing a Beetlejuice suit.  

19 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe he stopped off for a plateful of that delicious island chicken on his way to the mailbox?

And the chicken was drugged making him think he's C.C. Capwell all these years!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

What is with the Salem Amnesia that makes people so wholly unlikeable? First Ciara (well, she was generally unlikeable to begin with) and now Sarah. Generally, someone with amnesia should be treated with sensitivity and care but Sarahnee is just annoying. As someone else earlier pointed out, she weighs a buck ten soaking wet. And her cutesy voice isn't exactly threatening. Anna should just laugh at her and go about her day.

I don't suppose we'll ever get any remorse from Abigail about how the creation of Sarahnee is... kinda her fault.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

It's almost as if Ron read all the comments about how annoying Sarah's baby voice was, turned to his fellow staff writers and said, "They think she's annoying talking to Zander? Here, hold my beer.

That does feel very Ron so I wouldn't be surprised.

Lastly, under that black cardigan, I'm pretty sure Jennifer was wearing a Beetlejuice suit.  

I believe that was a robe and pajamas. Jack was also wearing a robe and pajamas. It was supposed to be super early in the morning.

1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I don't suppose we'll ever get any remorse from Abigail about how the creation of Sarahnee is... kinda her fault.

She has a few times. I think she actually mentioned it being her fault every time she told someone about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She has a few times. I think she actually mentioned it being her fault every time she told someone about it.

She has mentioned it, but never seemed too remorseful. It's like "gee, I left that needle kicking around didn't I? ... oh dang I chipped a nail." And I say this as someone who actually doesn't hate Abigail (at least as played by MM).

• Love 4