Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

What was Jennifer Horton wearing? Shouldn't the bralette or mini tank top go under the dress? Not wear it like a vest? Abs' wasn't much better. Both Nicole and Sami looked good.

Felt sorry for Nicole when she was talking to Eric. Too bad the writers couldn't split them up differently. They do make a pretty pair. At least they are still friends.

Lucas' sweater was good. One of the best things he has worn. Too bad about his nightmare. Someone is going to turn in his lies and catch him.

Gwen, come clean with Xander and do yourself a favor. Stop being so insecure about yourself with him. Help him find Sarah and see where the chips lie. They may not want each other any more. How would you feel if someone you love didn't dump you and was kidnapped and tossed on a deserted type of island?

Maggie and Xander were good. Funny that Sarah did not call or text on Christmas. Seemed odd that she only 'texted'. Unless she is in a very remote place, there is SMS and Internet type service everywhere, even if it is satellite. And now, ta da, there is no voicemail, just the line is out of service. Ding ding ding go the alarm bells.

Maggie asking Jack to talk to Xander and renew his friendship? Really? All Xander needs to do is give a heartfelt, real apology for his actions.

Wonder what excuse Lucas will come up with now that Chad has caught him doing something.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, boes said:

Siblings often get stuck with reputations, deserved or not, that other siblings hang on them and won't ever discard, long after any truth to them have dissipated.  Johnnie may be a shit, though I've seen no real sign of it since he showed up.  But that doesn't make Allie's assessment of him either accurate or appropriate.

It may not be appropriate, but I think it is supposed to be a somewhat accurate assessment - at least as far as Johnny has been with his previous relationships. I think he admitted to Chanel that Allie was right and he had used women in the past. And, Allie did seem to be right about Johnny using a regular Italy routine on Chanel when she described how he wooed Chanel in Italy and Chanel looked uncomfortable because it was probably accurate. 

2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Based on history, EJ is most like Gwen. EJ is even worse than Gwen. 

Yeah, just because this EJ - so far - hasn't committed any crimes doesn't wipe out his history. He's just as much of a criminal as Gwen and Lucas - and worse IMO.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

Chad did note that a week had gone by, so at least they addressed it. I actually can't think of many other times aside from the time jump that they acknowledged more than a day had gone by from the previous episode. 

Yeah, it was nice that at least they acknowledged it on-screen somehow. I was surprised they did.

Not that I would blame him, but do they only have GV for a super limited amount of time whenever he comes back? These last two visits have been pathetic in how little he interacted with anyone else. I mean he did have yesterday's episode with the family, but not really any meaningful one-on-one scenes. Given everything going on with Sami/Nicole/EJ it would have made sense for him to at least have a few scenes with Sami, but he had his scenes with Nicole and that was it. And, I guess the writers want us to forget that Eric was supposed to be Holly's dad? I don't know if there was ever an official adoption, but it was glaring today that there wasn't a single mention of Holly.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

What was Jennifer Horton wearing? Shouldn't the bralette or mini tank top go under the dress? Not wear it like a vest? Abs' wasn't much better. Both Nicole and Sami looked good.

Felt sorry for Nicole when she was talking to Eric. Too bad the writers couldn't split them up differently. They do make a pretty pair. At least they are still friends.

Lucas' sweater was good. One of the best things he has worn.

Yeah the Horton gals must have found a sale at the Ren Fair. The poofy sleeves were hideous. Sami and Lucas looked good though. Also enjoyed Sami's red and black look on Xmas.

Nicole looked...like she was a rich lady in an 80s soap? It was weird. I thought she was in a robe at first. Waaay too shiny for her reunion with her....siiiiiiigh.....ex-husband 😭

Look, the Eric and Nicole hug broke my damn heart. FU Show. They're amazing together. Worth ten Ben and Ciaras. Call him Eeyore all you want - he's great and belongs with Nicole!

Did I miss the shot where she opened the door to find him there? The first I saw of them he was already walking in.

I found her being happy for him really weird. Where was the shock? It seemed like nobody, not even Sami, knew he was a priest again.

And sorry to be a stickler for details but where the hell was Holly, the girl who is now fatherless again? Shouldn't her well-being have factored into this reunion? Guess it wouldn't have been as neat and tidy having a five year old begging Father Eric to stay.

What's Jen's excuse going to be for leaving again?

Ok...the exorcism...wasn't good, obviously. Greg V hardly knew what he was reading from the good book (run your lines first, Greg) and I suspect four stage hands strained their muscles pushing up from below Deidre's mattress...but I thought the flashbacks to moments between Marlena and her kids were touching...except where was the flashback of Eric? Everyone got one but him!

It would have been better to bring GV back for a whole week's worth of episodes. We needed a longer exorcism, scenes with Marlena afterwards and more time for him and Nicole. This was crazy rushed.

I really hope that wasn't his last goodbye. It felt like one.

I continue to love Chanel. The actress' subtle discomfort over Allie tearing into Johnny said it all: "Is she right about her brother? Oh God, I'm so embarrassed...does she still want me? I've got to get out of here." It was terrific subtle acting.

So nice to see Maggie again. She is a sweetheart and I liked that she didn't pressure Jack. She was upfront about what she was doing and why and backed off.

I hate this Lucas storyline...but on the plus side...at least he has a storyline, right?

Bring back Steve and Kayla's kids please. Joey last appeared a YEAR ago? Dang.

Question: was there really no sound once Marlena woke up? That's how it played in the version I watched....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like them both and I also don't have a problem with what she's said about him. Obviously, part of it is because they're still kinda hedging their bets on Chanel/Allie. Like, maybe Allie really is jealous and that's why she's so aggressive with it. But also, just because Johnny's her brother doesn't mean she can't be angry about how he treats women.

Allie can be angry all she wants, but she's not even willing to give him a chance! How about she take a wait & see approach instead of constantly warning her BFF about something none of us have seen so far?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

If that’s the criteria, Gwen and EJ are the perfect match!

You know what, I'll allow it. Get EJ and Gwen in a scene for me stat Ron!

14 hours ago, MsTree said:

Allie can be angry all she wants, but she's not even willing to give him a chance! How about she take a wait & see approach instead of constantly warning her BFF about something none of us have seen so far?

Because it's a soap and they want drama lol. Also, again, they're playing with Allie being jealous but she's suppressing an attraction to Chanel so she's being kinda ott about it all. It honestly makes complete sense to me.

• Love 5

It was just nice seeing Jennifer in scenes again. Seeing Jennifer and Maggie in the Horton house just made me feel like I was watching classic Days even if it surrounded four characters I don't particularly cared about, i.e. Abby/Sarah/Gwen/Xander.

KM's Abby would have forbade Jack from even acknowledging Gwen's existence, and then she would have slapped him for even asking the question.

I was taken aback when Abby said Lucas was her uncle. I never forget that Jenn/Lucas are siblings since that was such a big story. I never forget Abby/Will are first cousins since they used to be really good friends. I never forget Lucas/JJ are uncle/nephew since they used to share scenes and Lucas was somewhat a father figure for JJ until Dan replaced him. Lucas/Abby was somehow a, "Oh yeah! They are related moment," for me. I suspect 2042 will be the next time they acknowledge they're related to each other.

The Sami/Nicole rivalry just is not working for me this time around. 

I liked Sami so much more in Lucas' nightmare than the entirety of her return this time.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And sorry to be a stickler for details but where the hell was Holly, the girl who is now fatherless again? Shouldn't her well-being have factored into this reunion? Guess it wouldn't have been as neat and tidy having a five year old begging Father Eric to stay.

I feel the show has always been inconsistent with the Eric is Holly's father narrative line. Not from Eric, per se, but his family. Why don't we ever see scenes of Marlena/Roman/John with Holly or acknowledging her. Do Sami and Belle even know Holly exist? We don't even get throwaway dialogue that Holly is being taken care of by an Evan/Brady when Holly isn't onscreen. Brady is in a middle ground because any relationship with Holly he has is just as connected to his relationship with Nicole as to his relationship with Eric. Also, if I remember correctly, Brady sided with Chloe against Eric in the Holly custody case.

Eric seems to see Holly as his daughter, but Nicole seems to be the only person who agrees with him. Even that's debatable considering who she left custody to in the case of her untimely death. We also never got dialogue that Eric officially adopted Holly. 

AZ is such a good actress, and it's sad the show wastes her talents. I'm not even an Ericole fan, but I truly felt Nicole's emotions in those scenes. Putting her with Rafe will only anchor her to more dead weight regarding her performances.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Awww...poor Duke! :)

I bet you Rafe will put in more effort investigating who decapitated the bear than finding out who kidnapped Sami or what happened to Philip.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

The words "this time....for real!" cannot be taken seriously on this show.

I like Shin Jr. Nice to see him again.

The colors in the Gabi Jake bar scene were crazy. Beautiful but crazy. Their outfits plus the paintings, Xmas decorations and the lighting gave it all a Georges Seurat aesthetic.

Good script and dialogue. The Nicole/EJ breakup scene was both witty and sad. Her later exchange with Rafe was as well. Glad she sees what a mess her life has become but I doubt it'll stop her from throwing it away even more on Rafe.

Could Brady and Chloe shut up? I'm tired of them eating up screentime as they agonize over whether or not to bang.

Still no scenes of Marlena recovering?

2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

AZ is such a good actress, and it's sad the show wastes her talents. I'm not even an Ericole fan, but I truly felt Nicole's emotions in those scenes.

She really was incredible. Totally keeping it together one minute and then going in for the hug and just falling apart. It happens like that in real life too, but rarely on TV because actors need to build up to emotion and tears and that's usually visible over the course of the scene. She caught me off guard though. It was raw. Very believable.

• Love 11

I've missed two weeks of this show, have no idea what's going on with anyone right now, and yet my biggest question is why the hell is Nicole ORANGE? She's the same colour as sweet potato casserole.

Edited by auchic
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I bet you Rafe will put in more effort investigating who decapitated the bear than finding out who kidnapped Sami or what happened to Philip.

And even finding out who messed with a stuffed animal is going to too hard for this blockhead to figure out.  

I figure he'll probably arrest baby Henry and somehow blame Sami.

• LOL 16
54 minutes ago, auchic said:

I've missed two weeks of this show, have no idea what's going on with anyone right now, and yet my biggest question is why the hell is Nicole ORANGE? She's the same colour as sweet potato casserole.

All that blue really made the contrast even more noticeable.

I'd guess Ari Z gets sun on the regular and the makeup to even her tone out just emphasizes this?

I missed the entire Teddy Bear saga. What did this plushie do to incur such wrath from y'all? 😄

• LOL 1

Thanks buff! Guess it was the first shot of the episode?

...and DID the audio cut out for Marlena's big reawakening after the exorcism? Was that a dramatic choice they made?

What day was Philip's last? Apparently his last scene already aired...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, worleybird said:

When Chad came in to confront EJ with the files, in front of Sami, EJ couldn't keep a straight face when they were going to cut to commercial.

I missed this so I need to go back and rewatch. I love that kinda stuff.

1 hour ago, auchic said:

Right! She's looks terrible and that ugly ass baby blue robe she's wearing makes it look even worse.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nicole looked...like she was a rich lady in an 80s soap? It was weird. I thought she was in a robe at first. Waaay too shiny for her reunion with her....siiiiiiigh.....ex-husband 😭

7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I honestly thought she was wearing a bathrobe.  A nice silk bathrobe, but still - a bathrobe.

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same! This is the second time she's worn a bath robe as a dress lol.

Count me in as #4 to think it was a satiny robe as well. I didn't realize it wasn't till she showed up at the front door of Chez DiMera.  And yet it still looked better than Jennifer's Heidi wear. 

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's like Ron forgets this kid exists. I found it noticeable today when Nicole was discussing her New Year's Eve plans with Rafe. Not only did Ava nor Rafe consider Nicole would need a babysitter to join them, but Nicole herself decided she'd be home in bed alone. Seems her reply should have been, "I'm having game night with Holly" or something along those lines. #ThingsPeopleWithYoungKidsDoOnNewYearsEve

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

For sure! Duke's head will be laid out on that interrogation room table and stuffing samples will be sent to forensics. Top case of the new year. 

1 hour ago, auchic said:

This is not the first time the Oompa-Loompas did her make-up either. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and DID the audio cut out for Marlena's big reawakening after the exorcism? Was that a dramatic choice they made?

I wondered the same thing since the sound cut out when I was watching the end of the episode, too.  From what I can tell, it wasn't intended, since I found the episode on You Tube later and watched the ending complete with sound.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, boes said:

I wondered the same thing since the sound cut out when I was watching the end of the episode, too.  From what I can tell, it wasn't intended, since I found the episode on You Tube later and watched the ending complete with sound.

I watched it there too but it had no sound! 😅

Was there any good dialogue? A pretty song? Did John say "hey kid!" to his wife?

• LOL 3
31 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Last week. The show gave him a goodbye scene with Lucas and Kate.

Okay I missed that. I saw Kate and Victor retract the death certificate (a real thing that totally happens all the time, I'm sure) and that was it.

Poor Philip...runs from town after getting tortured by retcon uncle Deimos...and now again after faking his death, losing his leg and murdering a tree. All for his ex-one true love he didn't even get to sleep with.

Where's the dignity?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Look, Eric's gotten shitty writing in many ways for years now. Him even being a priest in the first place was random considering his sexually active youth and total lack of interest in the seminary when JA played him. Then, they had Eric and Nicole carping at each other for the better part of several years over nonsense, and then all of this "he doesn't know how to be married/loves his African village duties more than his wife" crap was concocted to (poorly) cover for GV's exit.

I realize at a certain point you can't easily say a character is great if you have to hand-wave years of plots, but I generally like Eric and see how good he and Nicole could be if they'd ever just write them as a couple instead of breaking them up over and over and over and over again. Why not let him be a photographer again? Why the constant focus on the angst? It's annoying...

...but I welcome him back to the show because he brings chemistry to the plate and intensity. I don't love everything about GV, but I'm glad for the things he does well. And the show should let him have more fun.

ED's Kristen is amazing, period. But damn, when you list all the rape stuff like that, it's upsetting. Of course all of it in this show is upsetting. I think to even watch DOOL you have to ignore it to some degree. It's overwhelming, especially when listed.

Alright, my good sir, since you put it that way, I can’t help but agree with you! Apologies on that one. The writing is horrendous for rEric Brady. Especially with the recast and history. I do feel for GV, honestly. It would be splendid if they they let him be amusing‼️

! Wish KL would/could have stayed on as Brady, instead of EM being recasted in the role. He’s way too soft and has no chem with the Stiff, unemotional, can’t make up her rmind EVER when it comes to  Brady and Philip, though the wonderful writing took care of that. 🤬😑 I’m just furious about JKJ’s departure. But ecstatic won’t have to watch his Chle “obsession” anymore . 

the inconsistency of the writing and recon plots from the past are the worst.

Edited by Chellfairy
Don’t know where that gif came fromso suck at posting
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Alright, my good sir, since you put it that way, I can’t help but agree with you! Apologies on that one. The writing is horrendous for rEric Brady. Especially with the recast and history. I do feel for GV, honestly. It would be splendid if they they let him be amusing‼️

! Wish KL would/could have stayed on as Brady, instead of EM being recasted in the role. He’s way too soft and has no chem with the Stiff, unemotional, can’t make up her rmind EVER when it comes to  Brady and Philip, though the wonderful writing took care of that. 🤬😑 I’m just furious about JKJ’s departure. But ecstatic won’t have to watch his Chle “obsession” anymore . 

the inconsistency of the writing and recon plots from the past are the worst.

😑🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by Chellfairy
On 12/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, worleybird said:

A few changes in the end-of-show cast list from yesterday:

Eli has been dropped to recurring.

Jack is back listed as contract. Placed behind Nicole Walker (they changed her back from Brady a few weeks ago.)

Abigail looks to be back on contract. Listed after Jake and before Ava.

Philip is surprisingly still listed.

Too bad, Eli is better than Lani and Jake.

And while I don’t really like this version of Abigail, how infuriating it is to me that she’s listed after Jake!  What an insult.

I think I’m glad Jack is listed on contract, I’ll have to see how I feel about the writing!

I very much hope JKJ Philip will return

7 minutes ago, Pearl said:

Bravo, Ava! Great job getting rid of Duke. Do Nicole next.

I have to say, just get rid of Rafe. Leave Duke and Nicole togtjer!!

• Love 5

Chad's an idiot siding with equal idiot Lucas. Watch Chin/Gabi/Jake get the company from Chad. Jake trying to act like ceo, Gabi and even Chad are horrid. They are little league. 

EJ will then have to save it all. I won't blame him for revenge on Chad, like going after his wife. Lol 

So tired of Brady and Chloe.

Good for Ava, bye-bye talking bear. 

Nicole looked so orange.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Last week. The show gave him a goodbye scene with Lucas and Kate.

But not Victor.  Does Victor think he's dead?  I guess not, since he rescinded the death warrant.

• Love 1
Just now, RedElf said:

But not Victor.  Does Victor think he's dead?  I guess not, since he rescinded the death warrant.

Kate told Victor Philip was alive. Kate and Victor then decided it's best for people to think Kristen set Brady up, and Kristen is behind Philip's "disappearance."

The show did not give Philip/Victor a goodbye scene.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RedElf said:

Victor knows he's fine and framed Brady. Kate told him. 

Makes sense he wouldn't see Victor since Phillip took away Brady's sobriety and everything else he did. 

• Love 1

Why does Chin have this much power over the Dimera company? Makes no sense.

Scruffy EJ is sexy

Lol at Duke's decapitation. We will never have to hear him speak again!

Loved Maggie and Xander yesterday but the momentum on this story sucks. At the rate of one episode a week we might find Sarah for next Christmas 

• Love 6

Who is Shin Jr. The DiMera COO? CFO?

Gabi, be patient with your plans for the takeover. Jake seemed pretty useless.

The Basic Black door must be really thin for outsiders to hear conversations inside. That's all Ava needed. Poor Duke. Maybe Rafe or Nicole will stitch his head back on. Ava, take it up with Rafe. If he admits he doesn't want you, end it. 

Uh, Sami, Nicole got to the mansion to talk to EJ about three minutes before you did. He basically said hello to her before you walked in, so no, she had no idea the two of you aren't getting divorced. But maybe hold your beer.

Chad, your lie with Lucas will come out and you probably won't be DiMera CEO for very long in the new year.

Ava, why would you think Nicole would want to spend New Year's Eve with you and Rafe? Seriously? Her ex husband visited her before he took off again and took whatever steps to be returned to the priesthood. EJ sort of dumped her but never told her and she told Sami that she and EJ are the ideal pair for the other.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Lol at Duke's decapitation. We will never have to hear him speak again!

Wait....he SPOKE?!?

😮  🤣🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Loved Maggie and Xander yesterday but the momentum on this story sucks. At the rate of one episode a week we might find Sarah for next Christmas 

It would be hilarious if she had grown a full Castaway beard by then 😄

• LOL 6

Poor duke.   I wonder if those were the same scissors that killed Nicole’s zombie.  
   Sami sure turned on EJ quick.  
Shin is cute.  I would like to see more of this character.   
Gabi has fabulous hair.  Why can’t see be a powerful business women without Jake.  Jake is useless.   
  It’s going to be heartbreaking to see Lucas get caught.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait....he SPOKE?!?

I was trying to find the clip but I gave up.

One night when Rafe got really drunk, he was having dinner with Ava and Nicole at his house. Duke started talking to him about his feeling for both women and suggested he should try a threesome. GG did the voice for the bear, so we had drunk Rafe talking to Rafe sounding Duke while Ava and Nicole looked at him in concern.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Shin Jr. is really, really cute.

Gabi's lipstick was so beautiful. 

I wish the show would phase the Dimeras out. They are not an interesting family, and I never want to hear the words "Dimera Enterprises" again.

Tom Horton died before Lucas discovered he was a Horton. Lucas never met him. Why is Lucas talking to Tom's memory like Tom has any idea who he is?

Ava had a lot of difficulty decapitating a stuffed bear. I hope she's better at scheming than attacking defenseless objects. 

With a New Year, I hope we get new storylines. I was bored watching this episode.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Tom Horton died before Lucas discovered he was a Horton. Lucas never met him. Why is Lucas talking to Tom's memory like Tom has any idea who he is?

I was thinking the same thing during that scene. Back in the '90s Lucas was simply a Roberts, and not connected with the Hortons.  He didn't grow up with Tom and Alice as grandparents. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I was thinking the same thing during that scene. Back in the '90s Lucas was simply a Roberts, and not connected with the Hortons.  He didn't grow up with Tom and Alice as grandparents. 

He did have a relationship with Alice. Alice even felt a "connection" to Lucas before people officially discovered he was a Horton. 

Lucas' Horton reveal was in the 90s, and I remember Vivian using it as a way to wedge a hole between original Kate and Lucas for revenge for Kate "stealing" Victor from her.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

He did have a relationship with Alice. Alice even felt a "connection" to Lucas before people officially discovered he was a Horton. 

Lucas' Horton reveal was in the 90s, and I remember Vivian using it as a way to wedge a hole between original Kate and Lucas for revenge for Kate "stealing" Victor from her.

My unpopular opinion is that I wish that Lucas had remained a Roberts and was never a Horton.  They never used him in Horton storylines anyway, so what was the point? 

Happy New Years everybody! I wish you all everything good in life, cheers!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, auchic said:

I wondered that too!  I thought maybe Ari Zucker had been on vacation & gotten really tanned, and they tried to cover it up with dark make-up?

• Love 1

Just chiming in with a few thoughts:

• ITA with the rest of you on the hideous AZ "orange" tinge & thinking her satiny blue dress was a robe. 
  • Gabi & Jake flip flopping on which company they want to takeover is so stupid; stick with one and then play the long game to make it happen. Otherwise, jettison this entire dumb plot
  • Bye bye JKJ.  Wish DOOL had better stories for him and hope he returns soon as a sane, competent guy 
  • How will the truth come out about Lucas kidnapping Sami?   [And ITA with the poster who said they hope EJ gets revenge on Chad by having an affair with Abigail]
  • Is DOOL recasting Sarah?  Why all the Sarah mentions when it seemed like the on canvas characters have been acting like she never existed.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year's celebration!  "See you" in 2022.

• Love 6