Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Where is the scene where Sonny finds some common sense and accepts his parents offer to help? I don't understand how he ended up in this situation in the first place. Why is opening the second club so much more expensive than opening the original one? I'm wondering why every other episode he seems surprised when some new expense comes up. It looks like he didn't plan very well.

I'm fanwanking it that Brent was the one who did most of the alterations to change Common Grounds to Club TBD. Goodness knows Chad wasn't the mastermind behind it.

Maybe Sonny was just lucky (like Will said) when it came to CG and TBD. It would make sense if he failed at least once since many restaurants and clubs fail within the first year.

I seems like Sonny just went in half-cocked with this second club. I don't get the rationale of blaming everything on Will saying that their life was boring, Sonny got into the second club before Will even made a noise about leaving to LA to write.

Maybe Sonny would be more successful if he got rid of plastic BOllie. Ever since he started complaining about having to travel to the second location, the club has been going downhill. I wouldn't be surprised if he damaged the roof to prolong the project so he can have more sex with Abifail. I'm surprised those two don't have cystitis the way they carry on.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

I have to agree with this. I like Eric and Serena together, but I don't see that lasting to long. Serena is a firecracker and Eric just don't have much of an edge. He's too STIFF and VANILLA! She'll probably be too much for him to handle. LOL.

The best part of all this is going to be Serena and Nicole.

• Love 4

Show lied today.  Eric did NOT give up his vocation for Nicole!  That pissed me off, that they went there.  And to be honest, I'm just tired of Eric's mopey face and attitude, altogether.

JJ, move on, Paige and her mother are poison.

• Love 4

Eric has the kind of voice that sort of puts me to sleep. It's kind of flat or something, which is better if you're documenting something, not acting on a soap opera. I'm not sure if that's why he bores me. Maybe he'd be better as an anchor-man. Maybe he'd be more interesting to me if he were co-hosting the news with David Muir. 

Edited by bantering

So John is back in town and Marlena is overjoyed because....?  Yipes.  I don't get why a THERAPIST is falling for his yo-yo manipulative nonsense.

At least he seems to have a new hairpiece thing.  His 'do is much better.  But the writing is still stinky.

Question: are they still technically married, or did the divorce go through during Krady Round 1?

"We both had a hand in our problems" - um....WHAT did you do wrong Marlena, exactly?  Not that I like her, but seriously, what responsibility does she need to take for him being a wacko???  I can't.  I just...can't.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Show today was ..... underwhelming, at best.  Dan broke up with Nicole -WHAT a shock!  Of course, Nicole got caught and then proceeds to make everything worse.  Again - so shocked.....

Mel's possession by the evil spirit of That Wascally Wabbit is still undetected by the good Salemites.  She's hopping around town, making rabid rabbit faces, talking like a Looney Tunes character and to them, all is fine in the Merry Old Land of Melaswen.  Maybe they'll notice when she starts chewing through everyone's speaker wires.....Oh!  And of course, Brady is attracted to her.  Finally, someone dumber than him in town.

Serena needs Fatherly Parts so badly that Caroline cutting her thumb and needing a band aid pissed her off so much she up and left the Pub and ran smack into - NICOLE?!!  Whats the chances we'll get to see a fight?  Cuz that is NEVER done on this show.

BTW, either Serena keeps her giant Hershey's bar in that safe and was afraid Nicole stole it, or she's got something in there about where she's stashed his baby.  Maybe she hid it in Kristen - you know, coincidence and all??  Clever, huh?

I'm glad Marlena and Jawn are happy.  Now they should go be utterly blissful OFF SCREEN.

So Sonny never asks the contractor why prices keep going up?  He never thinks of getting a second opinion?  He's a Kiriakis - he could have several within the hour if he only USED HIS NAME. And now, because of that, Sneasel has to go out on New Year's Eve to bring home the hamster food.  And there's our poor Sneasel, like a really, really stupid Fievel, ready to be Paul's appetizer.  Cuz he's such a great journalist, don't you know.  I think he dips his nose in ink and writes with that.  

It's obvious that Paul has been in a real dry spell if he's going after Sneasel.  Poor spider is hungry and Will is lunch.  

Paul is a self-centered ass - it would be nice if Show could showcase either his evolution out of that sort of behavior or his show him as an emotionally stunted ass in this storyline, which IMO would be much more interesting than just one more villian.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Serena needs Fatherly Parts so badly that Caroline cutting her thumb and needing a band aid pissed her off so much she up and left the Pub and ran smack into - NICOLE?!!  Whats the chances we'll get to see a fight?  Cuz that is NEVER done on this show.

LOL. Serena is not being shy about what she wants.

• Love 1

What an awful New Years Eve. Where are the parties, people all dressed up fancy, and the drama.  Melanie and Brady are the big New Years kiss? What about Hope and Aiden, Ben and Abigail, Chad and Jordan? Hell, what about Kate and Clyde? I know the show is cheap but this really sucked.

Where did Sonny find these contractors from? I have to believe Chad found them and is sabotaging him because otherwise, Sonny is too stupid to live.

I really do think now that Chad has been sabotaging Sonny. Didn't Sonny agree to some stupid contract provision that Chad gets everything if the second club goes under?  I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm enjoying Paul's inclusion in the Will/Sonny story. After Nick died and Gabi went to prison Will/Sonny were beyond boring. Now I want to see what happens next.

I think Aiden is going to severely regret taking on Clyde as a client. I can foresee Hope being put in charge of bringing down Salem's (Clyde's) illegal drug business. And Aiden learning Clyde is behind it all but can't say anything due to attorney/client privilege. I hope so, I adore Hope/Aiden and I think James Read is terrific as Clyde.  Does anyone think we're going to get a "Who killed Clyde?" story this summer.

• Love 3

Ummm, did I miss something? Sonny ran out of the apartment at almost midnite...Will is off doing his reporter thing at midnite New Years Eve(?!) and Arianna Grace...?? Is she having a sleepover with her girlfriends?? I mean Sonny is a good Dad...but who is watching the baby??

OMG. LOVE the catbunny. So precious. (I wants the precious.) No way would my cat ever let me do that.....he's no fun.

Dear Nicole...just once I want to see you come out on top. Please stop giving them such easy ammunition against you. You are better than those smuggy self-righteous sanctimonious Salemites.

And Melanie, what's with the little hippie gypsy waif clothes? And the little naive girl act? Ha! Now I remember why I didn't miss that character......

• Love 5

Ummm, did I miss something? Sonny ran out of the apartment at almost midnite...Will is off doing his reporter thing at midnite New Years Eve(?!) and Arianna Grace...?? Is she having a sleepover with her girlfriends?? I mean Sonny is a good Dad...but who is watching the baby??

Ari is with Adrienne.  According to Sonny, she took the baby so he and Will could celebrate with no distractions.  She and Ari are having cosmos and making prank calls to Grandma Sami.

• Love 6

John and Marlena are divorced.  Not sure what has changed between them.  Outside of John almost dying for the 800th time they still have the same issues they had before.  I've grown bored of Marlena over the last few years but John is totally the one responsible for the marriage break up.  He needs to do some groveling before some happy reunion.

• Love 6

OMG!  Did anyone catch the very last scene with Paul and Will?  Did you see the face on that hack of an actor (GW)?  It was all I could do from keeping the soda from spewing out of my nose lol.  I know I sooo want them to recast this role but I think secretly inside I would miss my laugh opportunities watching him.

• Love 1
Ari is with Adrienne.  According to Sonny, she took the baby so he and Will could celebrate with no distractions.  She and Ari are having cosmos and making prank calls to Grandma Sami.

Oh thank you, Boes. I've been so worried about her. lol Cosmos with Grandma Adrienne...sounds like more fun than most of the other Salemites were having.

• Love 4

Lima Bean stating that her and JJ had been through so much together was a head scratching moment. Did I miss the storyline where one of them held the others hand while they were being administered a chemo drip to fight a potentially fatal tumor? Were one of them run over by a car and in a coma for some period of time? Did they help each other through the loss of a parent or sibling? Or even a friggin' dog? I am not even saying that they need to be through a tradegy to get close but I don't remember any good times or defining moments that said to me - these two need to be together. Or better yet, I see why these two or into each other. I see no reason aside from the physical that JJ would be so into Lima Bean. I absolutely loathe when the show tries to con me into thinking there is an actual meat and pototoes (i.e. a complicated and fought for history to the relationship) to a couple when there clearly isn't.

I really hope Ari Zucker is well compensated for playing the role of Nicole because what a thankless damn job! She is basically Salem's porta potty. She gets all the shit stories where every character gets to dump on her and she never truly experiences true happiness. She has no real deep abiding friendship, no confidente on the show and no family. Even Theresa has it better than her. At least Theresa has Ann, a sibling, extended family with deep roots on the show and will be 'rewarded' with a baby some time this year. I am tired of watching Salem lift its leg on Nicole. E-fucking-nough already.

Hate to be nitpicky but Will's yelling 'cool' from the bedroom when Sonny came home was one of the worst line deliveries I think I have ever heard on the show.

Shallow note: wardrobe choices for Mel are horrible. Its like Stevie Nicks got thrown up on by a Laura Ashley showroom.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 12

Grammy Sammi LOL

Seeing as everyone including Baby Ari is so pouty and dour all the time I really hated the New Year's Eve episode.  Only Jawlena gets a kiss?  I really don't get the point of these writers turning everyone into a porta potty. 

Hope and Aiden being happy and finding strength in each other to slap down their spoiled kids would be fun.  Jeannie T being happy and having a little support would be fun.  I'm in the minority but I thought Nicky made a pretty good point about Eric saying nothing in the past about Shrewena.  I still think he secretly prays on his penis in his sleep. 

ETA I did like seeing Gabi again.  She's pretty and I don't think she's a terrible actress. I also liked a resolution between Gabs and Mewling.  Mel is sort of effective in her quieter moments.  You'd think she'd learned that by now.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 5

I still think he secretly prays on his penis in his sleep. 

ETA I did like seeing Gabi again.  She's pretty and I don't think she's a terrible actress. I also liked a resolution between Gabs and Mewling.  Mel is sort of effective in her quieter moments.  You'd think she'd learned that by now.

I bet in that moment Eric really does believe in the power of prayer.  

I agree about Gabi and Mel.  That was an effective use of history.  Both characters seemed wiser and kinder in those moments.  And you're right about Mel.  The main reason I was liking her when she left the last time was because she'd calmed down so much - overall, anyway.  If she can shake these quirks off - and if the writers would stop making her so delusionally judgemental - Mel should have opinions and strong ones about the people she loves, but with her past she should also NOT be sounding like an Abigail wannabe, just doesn't fit - she'd be fine with me.

• Love 5

OK, I know she's not in food service or anything, but the state of Melanie's hair while she's supposedly working as a nurse concerns me. I'm not asking for a hairnet, but I know I wouldn't feel all that comfortable if a nurse waltzed in my room with that haphazard mess on her head. It looks like one of those styles that worked at 8pm, but several hours and a few cocktails later, it starts to slide off your head. She's at about a 3am.

• Love 6

Why IS everyone on this show so constantly dour and unhappy? Is Salem the Town that Fun Forgot? Especially Will and Sonny. Between the contrived "emergency" that drove Won't out the door after making plans with Sonny -- uh, hello? It's a magazine feature, it's not breaking news! Make an appointment, you dipwad! -- to never actually communicating anything of substance, or even dropping a couple of endearments -- and then racing over to act as Paul's camp counselor, rather than actually interviewing him? Aargh. Just -- no.

Paul's pretty entitled and demanding for someone supposedly in crisis over his career-ending injury.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

Paul's pretty entitled and demanding for someone supposedly in crisis over his career-ending injury.

Paul's a celebrity athlete, Will's a (hilariously terrible) newbie journalist trying to hold on to the exclusive story.  Paul gets to call the shots, AFAIC.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I get that there are reasons for Won't's compliance, I just don't think it's playing like Paul's experiencing any crisis of confidence. I can't tell if it's Christopher Sean's performance, or just the crap-ass writing. (I also don't buy that he's actually in the closet, since his tongue practically unspools out of his mouth and onto the carpet any time any guy looks at him twice.) I'm trying to give the actor the benefit of the doubt, but ...

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Can someone explain why the character of Abby needs to make a resolution to lose weight for 2015? 2014 was all about her 'skinny thighs' and in the words of my sister's best guy friend: 'No one wants to poke a bag of bones'. Except maybe BOllie. And the part about her eating better? She needs to eat, period. Now that Abs and BOllie have exchanged ' I love yous' it will probably be even harder to get rid of him. And yet another pointless sex scene. Ugh. Her New Years resolution should be ' get to know my boyfriend outside of the bedroom'.

Nicole broke my heart today with her little speech to Dark Roast Dan. I just know he's going to go back to Jen eventually. I knew I wasn't going to like Nicole and Shrewena going at it. Yes, Shredgate was selfish, but that's not for Serena to say. Serena doesn't know anything about Nicole, Eric, Brady and Kristen and what was going on at that time, although she is allowed to care about Eric for sure. Nicole just needs to let go and move forward. I don't think she'll take my advice though. Where's Rafe?

I just can't with Brady and Melanie.

Oh, Sneasel, I have tried to find something redeemable about you, but you continue to disappoint me. Why did you tell Paul you had nowhere to be? Ugh. And Sonny, flashing back to Paul and going to ask him for the money even after you turned him down? Ugh. Paul was very happy when Derrick told him that Sonny came to see him. And LOL at Derrick asking Sonny for a drink.

Oh well, I'm a bit deflated after seeing Will come home to a sleeping Sonny. I think I'm coming around to the idea of them going their separate ways.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

Is Paul going to end up (separately) nailing both Sonny AND Sneasel? Is the show going for daytime's first closed triangle, where everybody has slept with everybody else in it? There's a "What do you mean, What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?" scene I don't need to see.

• Love 5

I think the show's definitely heading towards a "He's your HUSBAND?!?!  He's your EX?!?!  He's your MYSTERIOUS INTERVIEW SUBJECT?!?!" moment between all three. 

Whether Will or Sonny will have...um...slid into home plate with Paul at that point, who knows.  I guess it's juicier if one of them walks in on the other in bed with Paul, but it's not totally necessary.

• Love 4

Is Paul going to end up (separately) nailing both Sonny AND Sneasel? Is the show going for daytime's first closed triangle, where everybody has slept with everybody else in it? There's a "What do you mean, What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?" scene I don't need to see.

Perhaps, depending on what happens later this week. Either way, Sonny is fooling himself if he believes he only went to Paul for the money. I'm still trying to figure out if Sneasel is just doing this for the story, or if he's genuinely attracted to Paul.

There was a suggestion of a three way relationship with Lucas, Brad and Felix on GH, but then it didn't go anywhere. I didn't follow that story too closely, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, seems a bit daring for Days-Jennifer dated both Jack and Dan in 2011, but to my knowledge, she didn't sleep with both of them during that period.

I think the show's definitely heading towards a "He's your HUSBAND?!?! He's your EX?!?! He's your MYSTERIOUS INTERVIEW SUBJECT?!?!" moment between all three.

Whether Will or Sonny will have...um...slid into home plate with Paul at that point, who knows. I guess it's juicier if one of them walks in on the other in bed with Paul, but it's not totally necessary.

Love the use of the baseball metaphor! LOL. Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

There was a suggestion of a three way relationship with Lucas, Brad and Felix on GH, but then it didn't go anywhere. I didn't follow that story too closely, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, seems a bit daring for Days-Jennifer dated both Jack and Dan in 2011, but to my knowledge, she didn't sleep with both of them during that period.

It wasn't so much a three-way relationship as a proposed three-way, period.  Both Brad and Felix wanted to be with Lucas and Lucas suggested a threesome.  In the end, Lucas and Brad (who had dated earlier in the year) got back together while, at the same time, the super annoying Felix decided he was just too pure and moral or something to have no-strings sex.  So the threesome never happened.  And neither Brad or Lucas ever slept with Felix, only with each other.

• Love 1

I have no issue with Serena letting Nicole have it. Nicole did break into her room after all. I think I am going to love these two together. Nicole's speech to Dr. Tan just made me love her more. Serena's obviously hiding something, though I don't think she is THE EVIL. Nicole and Serena are so much more interesting that either of their possible romantic relationships.

• Love 3

Here we go once again of opening show with Jar Jar and her Fraggle Rock hair trying to claw her way into a door with her hoofs. Then they once again have wildebeest sex and talking about nothing as usual. I wasn't paying attention to anything they had to say today and I'm sure I didn't miss anything either.

I really hate when people say, "You're not going anywhere." Like they have control on the movement of your feet. Does Shrewena constantly have bug eyes? Her eyes look like they're about to bulge right on out. What exactly did Nicole do to stop Eric from coming in and having sex with a shrew? They acted like Nicole committed murder or something. So you know what I really hope Nicole makes both their lives a living hell and keeps stopping them from having sex.

Here we go once again, just like with Toothy and that money bag, we have to endure Shrewena going to that safe multiple times. The point of a safe is to put things in there that you're not gonna need on a daily basis and only go in there every once in a blue moon. She's gonna be opening that damn thing every 10 seconds she's in that room. SMDH.

Oh and STHU Eric!!! He always comes out at the wrong time and always telling someone to stop. Whenever Sami and Nicole would argue he would always come when Sami's talking and tells her to stop it. One of the reasons why Eric's character is so LAME!!! He's just repetitive and boring.

You know what else I find convenient how the doors and walls are not paper thin and Sonny can't hear Sneasel and Paul in there chatting it up. I wish Paul would stop giving everyone the, "I wanna sex you up face." 

Sneasel should be ashamed of himself letting his husband spend New Years alone.

Toothy & Brady, "Nothing to see here folks."

These episodes are just getting more boring and boring. 2015 is showing no promise at all.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

I think the show's definitely heading towards a "He's your HUSBAND?!?!  He's your EX?!?!  He's your MYSTERIOUS INTERVIEW SUBJECT?!?!" moment between all three. 

Sounds like a terrible Three's Company episode. Maggie can play Mr. Furley.

Does Shrewena constantly have bug eyes? Her eyes look like they're about to bulge right on out. 

I said it not long after she debuted that she has a case of the crazy eyes. It is not necessarily because her eyes are unnaturally big or bulging (although she does have a rather intense unblinking stare) but for me it is what is behind them --- CRAZY!! Same way people went on and on about Chloe always looked like a deer in the headlights which was because she appeared vacant or dead behind the eyes. Like the lights were on and no one was home. Well, it is the opposite with Serena. The lights are on but the home is full of competing voices one of which may be wearing a blood stained clown costume (Twisty, anyone?). YMMV. 

I just can't with Brady and Melanie.

I have been semi open to the possibility of them for a bit but that NYE kiss had me reaching for the phone to call Chris Hansen. 

have_a_seat.gif

• Love 3

Serena and the Papers in the Safe = the new Nicole and the Papers in Her Purse. At least Serena is looking at the mystery documents in (relative) privacy rather than Nicole looking at her documents in the middle of the busiest park in the midwest.

• Love 3

STFU Jen and mind your damn business. If JJ wanted to talk to you about his relationship problems he would.

THANK YOU! Jen acts as if she is entitled to know every thought JJ has. Intead of being glad JJ had found someone to talk to, she was enraged that it wasn't HER.

Eve: I hate this town

I laughed, because so do I, Eve. So do I.

• Love 5

I have no issue with Serena letting Nicole have it. Nicole did break into her room after all. I think I am going to love these two together. Nicole's speech to Dr. Tan just made me love her more. Serena's obviously hiding something, though I don't think she is THE EVIL. Nicole and Serena are so much more interesting that either of their possible romantic relationships.

I'm just tired of Serena and Eric making Nicole's trip into Serena's mind as if she kicked a puppy or something.  Oh, my God, she was in Serena's room!  Unlike all of the maids who wander in and out every day.  And Derek probably snoops in everybody's drawers (heh) on a regular basis.  Eric is on my shit list right now, and Serena went there today.  Don't like.

Plus, Arianne was sooo good in her scene with Daniel today.  She's THE star of this show, and they just don't seem to know that.

Will is a jerk, and an idiot, apparently.  Well, we knew that.

I can't care about Brady hooking up with anybody but Theresa as long as there is a fetus floating around out there.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

I can understand Serena going off on Nicole; sneaking into her hotel room was not cool. I'm just tired of everyone on the show harping about how it's all about Eric.

She noticed and started asking about Serena before she realized she was connected to Eric, and Marlena brushing her off about her likely only piqued her curiosity even more. And now that Nicole (with no real "proof", granted*) thinks that Serena has a secret, she's more determined. Maybe I'm just a busybody myself,  but I can understand why Nicole would be snooping around, especially since she's now a reporter. But no, it has to be about Father Stick Up the Ass.

*For the record, I really hate it when the show has someone acting crazy, or self righteous, or sticking their nose where it doesn't belong in cases like this, when the audience is privy to information but the character is not. 

• Love 2

AZ is so, so good.  She makes Nicole's nutty, desperate actions understandable and oftentimes even rootable.  I really wish they would let her win every once in a while.  And would it kill them to give the woman a friend or two and get her away from the terribly boring Eric?  Hopefully today was a step in at least one of those directions.  I actually don't mind her with Dr. Tan, since he's not going anywhere and she's the only person who has ever made him tolerable for me.

GV is capable of more than playing this blank of a character.  Please, writers, give Eric more to his personality than earnest goody-two shoes/sexually-repressed hater.

Count me in as interested in a Rafe/Theresa pairing, especially if she brings out his snarky side.  I like smart-ass Rafe.  Plus, it might put Theresa in Kate's crosshairs.  Theresa and Kate as frenemies could be damn good.

I see no reason aside from the physical that JJ would be so into Lima Bean.

I don't even see a physical reason for his interest in her, really.  She's homely.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6

This "attraction" between Paul and Will is weird (more obviously because of the storyline which is too stupid for words), but I'm not sure if that's also because of Will's acting.

Has a similar storyline ever played out like this on another soap (even with straight people?)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I can understand Serena going off on Nicole; sneaking into her hotel room was not cool. I'm just tired of everyone on the show harping about how it's all about Eric.

She noticed and started asking about Serena before she realized she was connected to Eric, and Marlena brushing her off about her likely only piqued her curiosity even more. 

That's incorrect - Nicole noticed and started asking about Serena because the first time she saw Serena, Serena was talking to Eric. Serena and Eric were chatting inside and Nicole was standing outside staring at them and then Marlena turned up and basically dragged Nicole off into the park and told her to mind her own beeswax. Then Nicole and Serena bumped into each other at the hospital, Nicole recognized Serena from the pub, and as Serena noted in their argument today, purposely did not give Serena her own name after Serena introduced herself. Nicole didn't give her name because she knew that Serena would recognize her name due to knowing Eric, because she knew that Serena knew Eric. Nicole has known from the first second she saw Serena that Serena was connected to Eric.

Eric can be self-centered, but he's totally and completely right this time as far as I can see - Nicole's interest in Serena is because of Eric. And I say that reluctantly because it would certainly be far more interesting if Nicole's interest in Serena was not about Eric. Dear GOD can they please let Nicole focus on anything or anyone besides Eric. They've already made AZ play months and months of Nicole's pathetic obsession with Eric, and AZ is far too good for this nonsense.

• Love 6

I can't take Will seriously because he isn't good looking enough for me. Yes, I'm shallow. He isn't soap pretty enough & the wardrobe department is determine to dress him like a 10 year old in sweater vest & ties. The actor who plays Paul is so out of his league and has good chemestry with Sonny. That said, even a storyline with Will is 100 times better than Abby & Ben. They are soooooooo boring.

• Love 5

This episode was so bad I think it must have been written by Sneasel himself.  Nothing happened - although we were treated to any number of strange sounds coming out of Jar Jar and Ollie when they touched their orifices together.  They always make that sound like skin sticking to leather furniture in hot weather when they kiss.  That, or the sound the zombies make on The Walking Dead at a buffet people feed.  

And the sounds coming out of Mel's mouth - at least I hope it was her mouth - were so strange.  She sort of hisses, whistles, spits, moves her jaw in a circular motion while making google eyes and contorting her body like she's in terrible need of a restroom.  I know she's said that Lucille Ball is one of her inspirations.....well, she's no more Lucille Ball than Abigail is up for the next Woody Allen film.  The nicest thing I can say about antics is that they're distracting.  And I'm being kind for some reason.

Serena and Nicole's fight was a disappointment.  It was just so flat.  And I really didn't need to hear Serena call Nicole a whore, and then have Nicole come back and call her a bitch.  Writers really need to stop using that language as default for insults.  

Something was off today, maybe it was just me.

Nicole's little talk to Daniel, that was good.  Maybe Show is going to take Nicole seriously.  With Sami gone, you'd think they would.  But then again, why would I think that?

• Love 7

And I really didn't need to hear Serena call Nicole a whore.

I thought she said the same thing. But she said, "she was selfish to the core." LOL, I watched those scenes on CC.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 3

AZ is so, so good.  She makes Nicole's nutty, desperate actions understandable and oftentimes even rootable.  I really wish they would let her win every once in a while.  And would it kill them to give the woman a friend or two and get her away from the terribly boring Eric?  Hopefully today was a step in at least one of those directions.  I actually don't mind her with Dr. Tan, since he's not going anywhere and she's the only person who has ever made him tolerable for me.

AFAICT, her only female friend is the coworker who keeps blabbing her secrets. Brady, Rafe, and Dr. Tan are her only other friends. Perhaps they should bring back crazy Ava; they were fun together!

• Love 3

You know I am really starting to like that slimy little bellhop who flirts with all the boys. Him flirting with Eric, Father Frigid, the other day made my day.

I can't take Will seriously because he isn't good looking enough for me. Yes, I'm shallow. He isn't soap pretty enough & the wardrobe department is determine to dress him like a 10 year old in sweater vest & ties. 

Bwahh. The actor who plays Will isn't very cute but I would cut him some slack, actually a whole hell of a lot of slack, if he was a good actor. But he is not, so I don't. 

And the sounds coming out of Mel's mouth - at least I hope it was her mouth - were so strange.  She sort of hisses, whistles, spits, moves her jaw in a circular motion while making google eyes and contorting her body like she's in terrible need of a restroom.  I know she's said that Lucille Ball is one of her inspirations.....well, she's no more Lucille Ball than Abigail is up for the next Woody Allen film.  The nicest thing I can say about antics is that they're distracting.  And I'm being kind for some reason.

OMG. I had no idea that the actress had actually said this but last night when watching this show I thought to myself, 'girl, you need to stop it, your name ain't Lucille Ball." I shit you not. The last 2 episode, it always seemed like she has been on the verge of taking a pratfall. It is jarring because it is like she is on a completely different show than the other actors. Everyone else is on a soap and she acts like she is the scatterbrained, clumsy side kick on iCarly or some other teen nick show. 

Nicole's little talk to Daniel, that was good.  Maybe Show is going to take Nicole seriously.  With Sami gone, you'd think they would.  But then again, why would I think that?

I thought it was a good exposition of the character and Ari knocked it out of the park. However, I hated that it amounted to nth level Dan propping though. It all seemed to come down to Nicole thinking she wasn't good enough for Dr. Dirty D Dan, whose plowed 1/2 the Salem female population, and thinking he deserved a 'perfect woman.' Of course Dan's greasy heart is gonna to soften after such a tongue bathing. 

• Love 4

Some people can transform their looks by being charismatic (i.e Mick Jagger? Maybe I'm reaching, but you know what I mean. Er, Harry Styles?), but Will doesn't have that going for him.

I think the guy who plays Paul can act, but sometimes the flirting is so out of control from him he makes EJ look subtle.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I think the guy who plays Paul can act, but sometimes the flirting is so out of control from him he makes EJ look subtle.

Yes! Paul basically undresses everyone with his eyes. He is seriously inappropriate with everyone and if he was in real life as big a baseball player there would be tons of speculation and blind item gossip alluding to him either being gay or bi.

• Love 2

Comments on yesterdays show:

Once again we're treated to another sickening display of those wildebeests mauling  each other. Who does Show think is finding this entertaining?

I'm getting second hand embarrassment watching Asscole. Instead of having her flip flop between Dan and Eric how about they let her stay single for awhile. She can focus on her career and maybe make a friend.

Paul is so desperate and thirsty. Can he stop?

• Love 4