Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm also getting confused about the nicknames, when there are three to four for different characters.  No offense but I don't really want to check out the nicknames thread as some sort of guide to help with confusion.  The posts are getting way to confusing. Abifail and Tammy Flu are ok but when you have 2nd, third, and fourth nicknames that have no recognizable connection it becomes too much work when you come to read the posts for fun.

• Love 5

I think the nicknames for Abigail are the easiest to figure out. Heh.

I suspect there might be some difficulty with Jordan and Ben's nicknames because the show itself has assigned two different names to their characters (i.e Jordan also goes by Tammy Sue, although even when Clyde says that name I can't help but hear "TamiFlu". Ben's given name of Ollie is completely incongruous with how he looks, eyebrows notwithstanding.). Because those two are going by two different names, I suspect the nicknames multiply.

Anytime the word Dirt or Tan is in the nickname, I assume the poster is talking about Daniel. Hey, Dirty Tan!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Not to speak for everybody, but I think the nicknames are fun and what boes said.  Nobody's trying to be exclusive 

Oh gosh, I didn't mean to imply that this board is exclusive - I think we have a lot of fun here and everyone is very welcoming to others.  There are some awful places out there - I'm glad we have PTV! I just don't want newbies looking in here and leaving because it doesn't make sense. 

• Love 7

Daniel Cosgrove finally got some meat to sink his teeth into today.

I interrupt my usual scheduled snark to completely agree with this.  I really enjoyed Aiden and Hope's scenes today and appreciated the fine acting, particularly by Daniel Cosgrove.  This storyline has taken far too long to launch - and thank God we're no longer being subjected to those memories of the two of them dancing at the benefit anymore - but what we saw today was good acting by a fine actor.  And after far too long a dry spell, Kristian Alfonso is getting a storyline.  I like it.  And I really like that we have the pleasure of watching Daniel Cosgrove FINALLY get to show his talent.

Both Abigail's and Ben's faces are getting weirder by the day. What is happening there???

The rabies is taking effect.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled schlock.  Watching Ollie (aka Ben) and Jar Jar (aka Abigail) shed their snake skins and proceed with the egg exchange was just as erotic as I imagine watching Maggie put on her support hose is.  BUT, Jar Jar DID keep on her stilettos, did you see?  And Ollie kept on the three layers of foundation that smooths his face out so much he resembles a balloon animal.  Yep, these two are sex on a stick.  How much you wanna bet one of them said "Hubba Hubba" right at THAT moment?  

I bet they spend their afterglow time by plucking each other's errant hairs for fun.  

Poor Maggie, she's so upset that her elderly son Dirty Dan is no longer banging her over-the-hill niece, Jenn.  Why, not being able to imagine them both naked brings actual tears to her eyes.  It's completely normal for a mother to be that invested in her son's love life, right??  JJ should take a good, hard look at his Aunt Maggie because that's exactly the sort of boundary issues he's already having with his mommy too.  Not to mention the boundary issues - shall we call it that? - that he's already had with Paige's mother.  

Well, at least Maggie and Daniel were able to sit together, praise Jennifer in all her glory and then mourn the passing of this great love.  I think what Daniel will miss the most are Jenn's Sunday through Saturday bloomer collection.  He always could tell by reading her underwear not only what his schedule was, but what he'd be having for dinner that night.  Now how will he remember?

And Naggie, maybe SHE could date Jennifer since she loves her so much.  I'm sure Victor wouldn't mind.

We had a whole episode of Brady being a decent person.  It's been a while since that happened, but if this is the new Brady, I'm happy about it.  I'm just afraid that by tomorrow after he hears Theresa isn't pregnant, he'll be back to screaming, fist-crunching Brady.  We also had a more evolved, more thoughtful Theresa than we've seen before.  Today was the first time I had an inkling that this baby might mean more to her than a platinum gold card.  Of course, Peanut is currently residing inside the biggest nut of all, so all bets are off until they find her.  This time I hope they crack that nut once and for all.

I'm sure other things happened but for the life of me I can't remember what.  Oh Right!  Eve and JJ and Paige are having what is possibly the most uncomfortable coffee date since Roosevelt had a Mocha Breeze with Stalin at Yalta.  I expect a lot of GASPS and the EVE BREATHING MUSIC tomorrow when the ladies come back from the restroom and see Dirty Dan and.....THE COAT!!!  What will happen???

• Love 6

It isn't incest, she's his stepdaughter.  But it is child abuse and statutory rape.

Legally, it's not child abuse as Jordan wasn't prepubescent. The incest question depends on who you ask/where you live - for some people, cultures, religions, and legal jurisdictions, a sexual relationship between two people related by marriage, such as stepparent/stepchild, is considered incestuous. For others, it's not considered incestuous. But statutory rape, absolutely, and not the kind where the minor willingly participated but is too young to legally consent. I remember Clyde saying some shit about Jordan's part in the sex, but I dismissed it as that's typical excuse-making and blame-shifting by rapists and I don't remember Jordan saying anything about being willing. So I understood it to have been forcible rape in every way.

• Love 5

Annabel, I don't like the nicknames either. While some might be cute, I find most of them annoying/irritating. It's so much easier to type Abby rather than "jar jar binks" which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.

• Love 1

I guess the people who enjoy excessive nicknaming will continue to do it, and those of us (me anyway) that do not will continue to scroll on past.

And that's the wonderful thing about the freedom of this forum.

• Love 9

I thought Daniel Cosgrove was really great yesterday, too. I teared up imagining the scene of his wife's death as he told it -- and I can believe that in that  moment, at least, "love" was what he was feeling for Hope. He took a huge leap of faith and told her everything (well, not EVERYTHING as we know this is Days) and his rush of gratitude for that combined with his growing attraction and affection for Hope put him over the edge. Daniel really brought it -- I like him a lot. 

Abigail and Ben really are the most icky lovers. All that smacking, blech. 

Nicknames? I have no opinion : ) 

• Love 4

The scenes with Hope & Aiden were good  - I'm glad we are finally getting backstory on Aiden - I think the I love you was a little too soon - but I did like the rest of it - still want to know what Bree has to do with it.    I'm just glad Hope is finally getting a story - it's about time.

I'm actually kind of glad that Theresa is not saddled with Brady's baby (at least for now) - it was nice to see Brady being halfway decent to her.    Wish we'd had scenes with Theresa telling Eve all about it.

And the coffee date with Eve, Paige & JJ was super awkward - wonder where the money came from in Dr. Tan's coat???

Oh Maggie stop praising the heavens about the wonderfulness of the great Jennifer Horton - it's getting annoying.

As for Abifail & Bollie - thank god for FF.

• Love 5

We had a whole episode of Brady being a decent person.  It's been a while since that happened, but if this is the new Brady, I'm happy about it.  I'm just afraid that by tomorrow after he hears Theresa isn't pregnant, he'll be back to screaming, fist-crunching Brady.  We also had a more evolved, more thoughtful Theresa than we've seen before.  Today was the first time I had an inkling that this baby might mean more to her than a platinum gold card.  Of course, Peanut is currently residing inside the biggest nut of all, so all bets are off until they find her.  This time I hope they crack that nut once and for all.

I agree with this but you know I found Brady's about face not to mention maturity and Theresa with hearts in her eyes instead of $$ signs about having a baby in such a short time frame very jarring. Theresa has known she was preggers for all of 1 day. This all feels quite rushed and just doesn't have any real emotional resonance for me AT. ALL. Just seems like this was the writers half ass attempt (is there any other kind with them) to show investment before ripping the rug out from both of them. While watching this I was hit with the thought that this story would be far more dynamic and interesting if it were Nicole instead of Theresa because Nicole being pregnant would be a once (or twice) in a lifetime miracle and having it stolen would be a bit of karmic justice given her baby switching past. Also, while Brady is no prize Nicole/Brady is so much more palatable than the upcoming

Nicole/Dan coupling

. But nobody asked me. 

The multiple close ups of Abby sheet clutching during sexy time with Ben was a laugh riot which help quell the nausea. 

Speaking of nausea, Dan waxing poetic about Jen .... ugh!!

I can't say that I am riveted by Hope/Aiden but damn did Daniel Cosgrove bring it in his scenes. He has got his Emmy reel. Some of the best acting I have seen since AZ acting during Nicole's babyswitch debacle. 

• Love 3

And now, back to our regularly scheduled schlock.  Watching Ollie (aka Ben) and Jar Jar (aka Abigail) shed their snake skins and proceed with the egg exchange was just as erotic as I imagine watching Maggie put on her support hose is.  BUT, Jar Jar DID keep on her stilettos, did you see?  And Ollie kept on the three layers of foundation that smooths his face out so much he resembles a balloon animal.  Yep, these two are sex on a stick.  How much you wanna bet one of them said "Hubba Hubba" right at THAT moment? 

I bet they spend their afterglow time by plucking each other's errant hairs for fun.

The scenes with Abifail and her boyfriend were unnecessary (as usual). Does anyone really think watching two wildebeests mating is erotic? 

• Love 4

And that's the wonderful thing about the freedom of this forum.

Oh yes and thank god for it! I remember when the Abigail-Sami Conflict Spectacular began and there were a freaking million posts about who was the bigger beyotch and which one most deserved to have their nose rubbed in the dirt and I got to the point where I would just skip anything with Abigail and Sami's name in it because it was like a Facebook war between relatives.

I interrupt my usual scheduled snark to completely agree with this.  I really enjoyed Aiden and Hope's scenes today and appreciated the fine acting, particularly by Daniel Cosgrove.  This storyline has taken far too long to launch - and thank God we're no longer being subjected to those memories of the two of them dancing at the benefit anymore - but what we saw today was good acting by a fine actor.  And after far too long a dry spell, Kristian Alfonso is getting a storyline.  I like it.  And I really like that we have the pleasure of watching Daniel Cosgrove FINALLY get to show his talent.

I really like Aidan a lot and it's about time that Hope had something nice happen to her. Her husband deserted her, her daughter is the Demon Seed and she has to work with Rafe. Now if the writers can just refrain themselves from adding rape, incest or insanity to their story. Personally I want to see Bo come back and get his ass handed to him by Hope.

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 3

I agree with this but you know I found Brady's about face not to mention maturity and Theresa with hearts in her eyes instead of $$ signs about having a baby in such a short time frame very jarring. Theresa has known she was preggers for all of 1 day. This all feels quite rushed and just doesn't have any real emotional resonance for me AT. ALL. Just seems like this was the writers half ass attempt (is there any other kind with them) to show investment before ripping the rug out from both of them. While watching this I was hit with the thought that this story would be far more dynamic and interesting if it were Nicole instead of Theresa because Nicole being pregnant would be a once (or twice) in a lifetime miracle and having it stolen would be a bit of karmic justice given her baby switching past. Also, while Brady is no prize Nicole/Brady is so much more palatable than the upcoming

Nicole/Dan coupling

. But nobody asked me. 

You're right both Brady and Theresa's about-face reactions come out of left field.  We've seen snatches of Reasonable Brady but they've been few and far between.  But until a certain point in yesterday's episode, we'd never seen a single instance of Theresa actually wanting a child.  And then PRESTO! - she does.  

The main reason I'm a Theresa fan is definitely due to Jenn Lilley, which sort of surprises me since I didn't care for her at all when she was on GH.  But on Days, even with the weak and uneven writing, with the incomplete characterization of Theresa, and in spite of the bad things she's done, she's one of my favorite performers and characters.  I know that in the hands of an actor I didn't like, I also wouldn't like Theresa.  I wish Show would actually give the characters motivations and depth that we don't have to guess at but that sort of thing is very uneven these days.  

I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if Shoe doesn't revert both Theresa and Brady back to type today.

I really like Aidan a lot and it's about time that Hope had something nice happen to her. Her husband deserted her, her daughter is the Demon Seed and she has to work with Rafe. Now if the writers can just refrain themselves from adding rape, incest or insanity to their story. Personally I want to see Bo come back and get his ass handed to him by Hope.

Hope really has had the short end of the stick since Bo left, hasn't she?  She's mostly been a supporting player in other storylines, or stuck doing her Cop Voice.  And TIIC have dragged this storyline out interminably.  But yesterday gave me hope - pun intended.  

The poor woman should have SOMEBODY other than Rafe to talk to.  He's really not much more than a pretty but sulky eyelash.

• Love 5

Watching Abigail and Ben undress each other yesterday, I kept waiting for her to slide his pants down and him to have the burgundy briefs with the Club TBD logo on it. And him saying to her, "TBD..The Big Dick..Get it???"

• Love 5

So did Kristen's Dr. Henchman give Theresa some kind of super-secret medication that masks hCG? Your levels don't go down to 0 overnight after a miscarriage. (which isn't what happened, but it's the closest equivalent)

I was loving Aiden yesterday right up until the "I love you" which left me all sorts of flat. And I like Aiden and Hope; it just seemed out of place. It also looked like Hope was pushing back on Aiden when he kissed her. She wasn't, it was just framed awkwardly. 

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 3

Only good thing about this eppy was Anne. That's all I got, didn't know what everyone else was saying or talking about lol. Barely anyone to make fun of today.

Was Aidan wanting to get Hope in the sack? That's what I read from his conversation with her.

• Love 3

Why is Dan treating Eve like she just murdered his puppy? I'm fairly sure he has no room to be judgemental about anyone.

Why is it Paige's business who her mother has sex with? (Obviously it's her business that it's JJ, but in general her mother does not owe her that information.)

Why, why, why does everything have to be about Dan? PLease, JJ, go talk to Rory - he makes more sense anyway.

• Love 3

Holy misogyny Batman!  Brady and Danny Boy kiss and make up while both Kristen and Theresa are vilified, scorned and cursed(which isn't to say they don't deserve it but damn, so does Dirty Dan). Bros before hos I guess. 

Something tells me Detective Dan will solve the case of the missing fetus.

I haven't cared for the one-sidedness of the Ann/Theresa relationship. I realize that Ann is mostly there to be a sounding board, but it can be annoying how rude and dismissive Theresa can be to her one so-called friend in town. Granted, Theresa was justifiably upset today however, she has been in good moods and acted the same way. Glad that Ann told Theresa about herself today.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

Why is Dan treating Eve like she just murdered his puppy? I'm fairly sure he has no room to be judgemental about anyone.

Why is it Paige's business who her mother has sex with? (Obviously it's her business that it's JJ, but in general her mother does not owe her that information.)

Why, why, why does everything have to be about Dan? PLease, JJ, go talk to Rory - he makes more sense anyway.

It's Paige's business because she brought home a possible stranger into the house she lives in.  And apparently the house that the never-seen cousin lives in?

• Love 2

I loved Hope and Aiden today. It was so refreshing to see a relationship develop without some contrived obstacle or angst. They showed that two people, no matter their age, can be vulnerable and still respectful of the other person. I'm so glad that their story exists because most of the other story lines are so disturbing, unrealistic, and outright disgusting. If I couldn't fast forward through most of the show, I'd have to stop watching.

I also found it interesting that Brady was able to see beyond his anger and consider that Theresa may truly believe she was pregnant. I do like Theresa, so I hope something good happens for her soon.

I always try to give Maggie a break because of her history, but I can't take how judgmental she is sometimes. Perhaps someone should remind her of her precious Melanie's reputation as a lying little thief and con artist?

And, I love Kayla and hope that she doesn't tell Judgey maggie about Theresa's pregnancy test. That would be so out of character of Kayla, disloyal to her family and unprofessional for a doctor and chief of staff.

• Love 4

Was anyone else a bit creeped out by Daniel and Maggie cuddling on the couch?  I never cuddled like that with a parent, at least not after elementary school.  It looked more like a date to me.

Was anyone else a bit creeped out by Daniel and Maggie cuddling on the couch?  I never cuddled like that with a parent, at least not after elementary school.  It looked more like a date to me.

• Love 6

Yes, oceanblue, I was too. Maggie was all out of bounds today. And although I love and root for Paige, her needing to know anything at all about her mother's affairs was also out of whack. I know Paige is used to mothering her mother, but that's a good line to draw in the sand, Eve. 

Worried about how this turns out for our teen supercouple : )

• Love 4

I feel really awful for Theresa, but please girl stop the begging Brady to stay so he can abuse you some more.  I knew he was lying the second he said we'll find a way to raise the baby together, because when he wouldn't back off even for Kayla, the bully was back again.  I thought Ann was a shitty friend for not believing and making Theresa think it was her fault.

It wasn't so much of a miscarriage as it was a forced abortion. I'm way overthinking this, and you don't have to read any further, but it must have been a very careful d&c so Jeannie may not be having a period right now, but there's no way a placenta would attach to Kritter especially without hormones.  I know, TMI, but I hate this storyline because I want Kritter gone for good.

The Haiden moment went on for way too long.  Long enough for Meddling Mags to show up.  Thanks, Days.

• Love 2

Brady continues to show his stupidity doesn't he? Oh we gonna be like Chloe and Dingy Hippie but turns right around and said that it's lucky that they don't have a child because the child shouldn't see how much his/her father loathes his/her mother. He's a bully and even threatening her like he does everyone. Brady is so irritating.

I didn't hear Anne say that she faulted Theresa cause Anne asked her if she still had the pregnancy test that Theresa had to show proof that she was pregnant. Since Theresa couldn't remember what she did after she left The Pub, Anne assumed that she drank a lot or got high is why she can't remember. Didn't Anne also say that maybe something happened to the baby but not quite sure cause Theresa's body would have told her. Something along those lines.

• Love 2

The DiMera Thugs R Us did a really good job of setting Theresa up, removing the pregnancy test and leaving the empty wine bottle behind.  Nice touches.  I wonder if they put Theresa's fingerprints on the bottle, too.  But was she supposed to have been drinking straight from the bottle?  And I'm sure she could have Kayla run a test to see if there was alcohol in her system.

• Love 4

It would be nice if the writers had the young people act like young people. No one JJ, Abifail, or Paige's age would be so concerned with who their parents are having sex with.

Does JJ know Lucas is his uncle? Does he know he can talk to him instead of Dan?

Since when is Kayla worried about Theresa? Everyone except Caroline (and sometimes Eric) treat her like she's Stefano's protege.

• Love 7

I doubt she wants to go back to Kayla with an empty wine bottle after today's experience.  I suspect that at some point Theresa is going to turn into a heroine by finding her baby and liberating it from the Dimeras.  

• Love 4

Holy misogyny Batman!  Brady and Danny Boy kiss and make up while both Kristen and Theresa are vilified, scorned and cursed(which isn't to say they don't deserve it but damn, so does Dirty Dan). Bros before hos I guess. 

Something tells me Detective Dan will solve the case of the missing fetus.

I haven't cared for the one-sidedness of the Ann/Theresa relationship. I realize that Ann is mostly there to be a sounding board, but it can be annoying how rude and dismissive Theresa can be to her one so-called friend in town. Granted, Theresa was justifiably upset today however, she has been in good moods and acted the same way. Glad that Ann told Theresa about herself today.

Well said!   I'm afraid you're right and once again we'll have Dirty Dan riding to the rescue.  No one is allowed to dislike him, I guess, at least not for long.  Show is making the same mistake all our shows have been making for the last 15 years by creating some Superman who all women want and all men want to be, but who unfortunately, the viewers see for what he is - a smug, overpraised judgemental jerk.  

Somebody hose and scrub him down, and for God's sake put a flea collar on him.  Just watching him for too long makes me start to itch.  Him and Brady commiserating together......I just can't.....

I know.  Most teenagers hate the thought that their parents EVER had sex, much less want to talk to them about it.  Unless that teenager is Norman Bates.....

I loved Hope and Aiden today. It was so refreshing to see a relationship develop without some contrived obstacle or angst. They showed that two people, no matter their age, can be vulnerable and still respectful of the other person. I'm so glad that their story exists because most of the other story lines are so disturbing, unrealistic, and outright disgusting. If I couldn't fast forward through most of the show, I'd have to stop watching.

I always try to give Maggie a break because of her history, but I can't take how judgmental she is sometimes. Perhaps someone should remind her of her precious Melanie's reputation as a lying little thief and con artist?

And, I love Kayla and hope that she doesn't tell Judgey maggie about Theresa's pregnancy test. That would be so out of character of Kayla, disloyal to her family and unprofessional for a doctor and chief of staff.

I feel really awful for Theresa, but please girl stop the begging Brady to stay so he can abuse you some more. 

The Haiden moment went on for way too long.  Long enough for Meddling Mags to show up.  Thanks, Days.

Brady continues to show his stupidity doesn't he? Oh we gonna be like Chloe and Dingy Hippie but turns right around and said that it's lucky that they don't have a child because the child shouldn't see how much his/her father loathes his/her mother. He's a bully and even threatening her like he does everyone. Brady is so irritating.

I didn't hear Anne say that she faulted Theresa cause Anne asked her if she still had the pregnancy test that Theresa had to show proof that she was pregnant. Since Theresa couldn't remember what she did after she left The Pub, Anne assumed that she drank a lot or got high is why she can't remember. Didn't Anne also say that maybe something happened to the baby but not quite sure cause Theresa's body would have told her. Something along those lines.

And the Brady I loathe is back in full force, after only one episode of not being a complete and total ass.  Even when Kayla asks him to back off for a second, of course this neanderthal pushes her hand aside so he can spittalk at Theresa.  I know she's done some pretty bad stuff and I know she encouraged Brady's drug and booze spiral but he NEVER really takes responsibility for his own mistakes and choices and it's usual some woman who done him wrong who gets the Brady GLOWER, the Brady THREAT, the Brady SPIT.   I would really, really like to see someone deck this spoiled brat nice and hard.

But of course Dirty Dan shows up and after a few Ha HA chuckles about the horrible women in their lives, they're best pals again.  Which fits because they are HUGE dicks (without possessing the same).  Again, not saying Theresa or Eve or anyone really are saints, but Dan and Brady's track record -particularly Dan's - is pretty skeevy.  Maybe Maggie might want to take that into consideration while she's promoting Dan's impending sainthood.  

I didn't think Ann was out of line with Theresa today, at least not until the end of the conversation.  Anne's not the brightest light and she was recounting the pregnancy based on what she was told and with what she knows about Theresa's past.  Plus, Anne's not the greatest at thinking outside the lines.  And she's been pushing back at Theresa more lately when Theresa gets ugly with her.  I think this was more about isolating Theresa even more than she has been, with even Anne being, at least temporarily, done with her too.  

Maggie......man I wish I could like her more than I do.  Her longevity on the show, being a legacy character, connected to virtually all the shows history, it's a shame they've reduced her to being either Dan's cheerleader and (rather creepy) too interested in his sex life.  And if not that, she's curtly and quickly judging people who don't live up to her or Jenn's standards.  Not pretty, and not nice.

When she called Theresa a sociopath to Kayla, and then tried to pull it back by saying she loved Nick in spite of that, it was a bit of a WTF moment.  Theresa has done some mean things, but she hasn't murdered anyone, hasn't raped anyone or kidnapped anyone that I know of.  She's no Nick Fallon.  So STUFF IT, Mags, and go home to Victor and be glad he doesn't kick your padded ass to the curb.

Must we also endure another Dr. Chyka 2.0, just got done with Chyka now we have to deal with another crooked ass doctor. Seriously how many crooked doctors are running around?

Exactly.  If the DiMeras have so many mad scientists running around who can do all these magical super-duper things, then how come none of them have come up with a way before now for Kristen to carry a child to term - even if she carried it in her handbag.  Besides, if the DiMera doctors were so good then how come they haven't managed to make the family members (besides Chad) smarter than a box of hair?

^^Hopefully kill Kristen in the process.

YES!!  Yes yes yes...  no more Kristen, not even as an incubator.  There is no more water to squeezed from that particular rock(head).  

• Love 9

Didn't the Mad Scientist Division of Dimera Enterprises perfect human cloning at one point? I'd think giving Miss Poison Sex Dart her own crazy clown baby would be a piece of cake by now.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

I hate Maggie. Absolutely despise her. Victor deserves better.

I think what annoys me the most about Maggie, besides her being insanely judgemental, is the near giddiness she exhibits whenever she's near Daniel.  She gets tears in her eyes and just beams in wonder, like she can't believe in the perfection before her.  Talk about sickening.

And I'm used to preposterous storylines on Days, but Eve's whole "I'm devastated that my dreams of making it as a singer are dashed" is beyond stupid.  How many women in their late 40's, early 50's are just breaking into show business?  I could understand her being upset about the surgery but there's always the "my singing career" that's added on that makes this whole thing just plain ridiculous.

Ah yes, Abby has her job back but isn't she still facing the "I can't use it as reference because I'm working for family" problem that plagued her job hunt?

• Love 5

I think what annoys me the most about Maggie, besides her being insanely judgemental, is the near giddiness she exhibits whenever she's near Daniel.  She gets tears in her eyes and just beams in wonder, like she can't believe in the perfection before her.  Talk about sickening.

My very favorite Maggie scenes were the ones when she was buried alive and no one knew where she was but Vivian and she wasn't talking. I was so hopeful that we finally might be free of Maggie and her hideous hair (which BTW was perfectly and artfully arranged during her stint in the coffin). But instead, she was gifted with a son who she treats like Jesus Christ Himself walking across the water. And she treats Victor like a child which is COMPLETE UNACCEPTABLE! Doesn't she know what a JEWEL that man is?

• Love 3

And I'm used to preposterous storylines on Days, but Eve's whole "I'm devastated that my dreams of making it as a singer are dashed" is beyond stupid.  How many women in their late 40's, early 50's are just breaking into show business?  I could understand her being upset about the surgery but there's always the "my singing career" that's added on that makes this whole thing just plain ridiculous.

I guess if Eve wants to go back to a singing career at her age, I was silly to give up wanting to be a cowboy all those years ago.  DAMN the arthritis and the cataracts, gimme a pony!  I wonder if AARP has a coupon for that......

The only difference, if it is a difference, is that Eve is supposed to have had some sort of singing career before she lost her voice, although it must have been a mighty small one since no-one in Salem had heard of it.

Edited by boes

OMG DOOL stop with the constant flashbacks, goodness, it's very irritating that they rely on them so much to move a story.

Grimace it's not nice to see AbiFail's face at the hospital, it drops down morale. Won't be surprised to see patients just up and leave.

AbiFail in leather once again, she must think that she looks really good in it, when she's not. Judgy Jenn failed to tell her stinky daughter that she's going to be quitting. What's the hospital going to do? Give AbiFail, Judgy Jenn's job? That's laughable. She's fucking nosy as all hell, she feels like she needs to know everyone's business.

Oh Chad, "A raw deal from Sami" what raw deal?? So sick of the writers whitewashing AbiFail's actions in the affair and making it seem the sole blame rests solely on EJ and Sami. EJ for seducing the stupid bitch and Sami for rightfully confronting her. AbiFail got herself fired because she broke hospital policy. Writers can beat us over the head 50 million times it's not gonna change what played out on our screens.

See how Paul didn't flirt with Maxine, nor with Anne. He flirts with the two of the most boring women in Salem. No Grimace Paul and his agent weren't checking to see if they were single they were saying, "Goodness one looks constipated and one belongs on the set of star wars, eww what ugly women."

BOllie what business is it of yours that Chad is there working and handling day to day operations? He's half owner you stupid jackass. For an employee he sure as hell complains too damn much. That's all the way on the south side, this place is easier because it's in walking distance. You know what take a damn cab, bus, and I'm sure AbiFail will give you a ride. BOllie newsflash, work doesn't care about your damn personal life. There's no pro for me all cons. Ugh. Look BOllie if you can see and date the Wicked Witch of Bitches then Chad can see Grimace the Menace.

Damn Lima Bean is every man that says they know your mother, you gonna think they smashed your mother.

Where the hell were Aidan and Hope having sex? In heaven? I never been under sheets when I'm getting it on lol but if it creates that illusion, I'll do it lol. Aidan you never ever say, you're impressing someone with your backhand unless you're playing tennis. Otherwise, I'm fearing you're gonna slap the living daylights out of me one day.

Maxine, do you only show up to be up Dingy's ass. Ugh, get a life.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

I've gotta say, I loved the Eve/JJ scenes, mainly because they cracked me up.

'How can I say have fun on a date when I've seen you naked?'

'You cheated on her.' 'Yeah with you.'

'My mom needs to hang out with her contemporaries.'

Oh, soaps, sometimes I really do love you!!!

As far as Eve's singing career, yeah it probably is silly to think you are going to reinvigorate a career in your forties or fifties. But, I think it's a lot more of an existential crisis over having to redefine who you are if you've defined yourself as one thing for your whole life (and, yes, I'm probably putting more thought into it than the writers are, but still.)

• Love 5

I find Eve's angst about her possibly non-existent career about as ridiculous as the idea of Kristen being getting pregnant, even with the assistance of her coterie of Dimera Evil Science Wizards. If everyone on the show, with the possible exception of Pop-Up Victor, is behaving like a horny teenager, does it strain credibility too much to suppose that one could start a career, or even have a first child, after the age of fifty? Because, let's speak it plainly, that's the side of the hill where both Kristen and Eve find themselves.

Okay, I can't say that NuWill acts like a teenager, either. I'm not convinced he ever was one, come to that.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Well Marlena had no problem being pregnant with Roman as a 50 plus woman.  Even then when she had a miscarriage it was because she fell down the stairs not because she couldn't bring a child to term.

• Love 3

Well Marlena had no problem being pregnant with Roman as a 50 plus woman.

I'm willing to go along with that purely because Marlena's entire body is made of SCIENCE!

As for Eve... it does seem more existential than anything. Like it's been mentioned that she's going to BACK to her singing so it suggests that she was doing it as a means of making money for awhile there and she's been pinning a lot of hopes on RETURNING to this and now those hopes are dashed. So while the singing and 'having a career' -- which, let's face it, in Salem would be having a regular gig at a local club -- no big record deals or tours or anything like that -- are the crux of this, it struck me that Eve saw it as a means of making herself matter, of doing something for HER and for her daughter rather than whatever it is she's been doing. She had a job that had her on the road all of the time before she reappeared and this was supposed to change everything for them.

So it's not just about singing... it's about everything Eve was putting on the ability to sing as well.

I feel for her! I mean, Eve was clearly 1000x more passionate about singing than, say, Abigail is about... anything. Meanwhile, Abigail gets her whatever job back and Eve has her dreams dashed into a billion little pieces. I sympathize more with Eve and her non-existent career than Abigail's allegedly awesome job that I never saw her do or talk about... or do.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 11

A few things confused me today.:

Eric and Paige didn't know each other, he asked her if she was Paige, but he never introduced himself to her and she never asked who this complete stranger was asking her about her mother.

Jennifer said she was leaving her job because she can't stand being around Daniel all day (as if she ever worked all day), but Abby said she was taking care of her mom's office.

It seemed to me from the very beginning that Aiden's wife was going to have been killed by a drunk driver, because of his deep hatred for drunk drivers, and now she committed suicide.

Daphne is cute, and she's definitely a better friend than Mary Beth is.  Stay away from toxic Mary Beth, Paige.

• Love 2

A few things confused me today.:

Eric and Paige didn't know each other, he asked her if she was Paige, but he never introduced himself to her and she never asked who this complete stranger was asking her about her mother.

Jennifer said she was leaving her job because she can't stand being around Daniel all day (as if she ever worked all day), but Abby said she was taking care of her mom's office.

It seemed to me from the very beginning that Aiden's wife was going to have been killed by a drunk driver, because of his deep hatred for drunk drivers, and now she committed suicide.

Daphne is cute, and she's definitely a better friend than Mary Beth is.  Stay away from toxic Mary Beth, Paige.

Wouldn't Eric bother to mention that he is Eric Brady, your grandmother/step-grandmother's nephew.  Or even allude to the fact that they are in the same family or at least family adjacent.  Eve was never enamored with the Brady's but it is strange that there is a distance there.

It would be like if Chelsea came back to town and the Horton's pretended that they didn't know who she was.  Has Eve even had a scene with Caroline.  Hell Eve had to re-introduce herself to Marlena who was around when she was growing up, even then there was no feeling of recognition or warmth on Marlena seeing her again.  Marlena had more warmth for Susan, a woman who plotted for her husband, than she did for seeing Eve again.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 3