Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, JBC344 said:

This is who Lucas should be moving forward. He is knocking these emotional scenes out the park.

I agree! And how hard must it be to just come back after months and months and dive into such emotional scenes? Hat's off, Datillo. 

• Love 8

On today's show, it's revealed that Ben and only Ben, can decide if Jordan is sane--she only spent months at Bayview getting therapy while he spent YEARS, therefore Jordan can't be well enough to be let out.  I wonder if he knows that Abs only spent a couple of weeks in the psych hospital before she was declared "well."

In other news, Ciara continues to be unpleasant and I'm left hoping Jordan does a better job then "attempted" murder this time--maybe she can get some tips from Ben :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Ciara and Ben are out here acting like Jordan’s a worse person than Ben. 🙄 and Ben in Marlena’s office demanding she put Jordan away, since when is she your mule? If they both don’t take a damn chill pill the entitlement jumped out.

That chemistry test between Brady and Sarah was a touch annoying.  

Rolf’s voice is not only creepy but it sounds like he’s taking a painful shit. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I was LOL at Dr. Rolf thinking he had to sleep with Kristen in order to impregnate her!  And then he mentions her age!  

Yeah she didn’t like that at all! Hit dogs holler. 

Hmm if Sarah keeps getting chummy with Brady Kristen will be all up her ass. At this point just kidnap Brady and put him in a Jan style cage Kristen. 

I’m still mad about Ciara and Ben’s behavior today. Who the hell do they think they are? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I wonder if he knows that Abs only spent a couple of weeks in the psych hospital before she was declared "well."

Well technically she only spent a couple of days in there before setting the place on fire and escaping out a window...and the second time she only spent a couple of days in there before she agreed to marry her rapist in order to get out by pretending to be her imaginary alter-ego who murdered someone and attacked and imprisoned several others.

...but those are just details! Oh Abigail.

...can I just say, without spoiling anything, that after reading the spoilers, I'm not sure if I can watch this show anymore. I've been watching it out of a mix of mild curiosity and obligation the last few weeks. But I'm fully one foot out of the car at this point.

Those choosing to go into the coming weeks unspoiled, you are brave and brace yourselves.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Rolf's look of horror at the thought of getting Kristen pregnant. The byplay over his getting her pregnant was hilarious.

I have to wonder how Rafe got custody of David without any explanation as to who his father is.

That's going to be a big conference call with Lucas and all of his siblings.

"Doctor Mandrake said my womb was as warm and as toasty as an Easy Bake oven."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

The Kristen/Rolf scenes were hilarious.

I fast forward everything Ben and/or Ciara related and yet I can still tell how hypocritical, entitled, and just awful they are.

I was sorta kinda into Brady/Sarah. At the very least I tolerate them more than Eric/Sarah, Brady/Kristen, or Xander/Sarah.

I swear the makeup department hates VK and LG lol.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Rolf's look of horror at the thought of getting Kristen pregnant. The byplay over his getting her pregnant was hilarious.

I also massively loved Kristen's spit take when she realized Rolf thought she was asking him to have sex with her--comedy gold indeed 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

On today's show, it's revealed that Ben and only Ben, can decide if Jordan is sane--she only spent months at Bayview getting therapy while he spent YEARS, therefore Jordan can't be well enough to be let out.  I wonder if he knows that Abs only spent a couple of weeks in the psych hospital before she was declared "well."

In other news, Ciara continues to be unpleasant and I'm left hoping Jordan does a better job then "attempted" murder this time--maybe she can get some tips from Ben :)

18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Ciara and Ben are out here acting like Jordan’s a worse person than Ben. 🙄 and Ben in Marlena’s office demanding she put Jordan away, since when is she your mule? If they both don’t take a damn chill pill the entitlement jumped out.

Those two are like the asshole twins, double the judgement, double the dicks, it's doubleass, doubleass, doubleass pricks (to steal from the old doublement commercial)...

The anvils that Jordan be BAD were dropping from the sky like Ron C.s attempts at jokes so we pretty much know for sure now that Jordan will attempt to kill CIAARRRRRUUHH and, with any luck, do some damage to 2% lowfat Ben as well.  Let me be first to congratulate her, if she does.  

I'm Team Jordan all the way.  I'm not worried about what she might do to Ciara.  No reason Dr. Rolf can't build Hope a new one out of old parts - it can't help but be an improvement on the current one.

Big surprise of the day - I thought the Rafe and Hope scenes were okay.  I didn't mind them in friend mode at all.  For the record, this is the first nice thing I've EVER said anything nice about Rafe.  I put that down to having to ff through so much of Ciarrrrrrrrrrrrrruuhh and Ollie the asshole.

Bryan Datillo is just wonderful - which is why, I guess, Show has no use for him.  He delivers, always, in his emotional scenes, as he did today.  Remember how good he was after Ben killed Will?

I'm waiting for Kate, awake or still comatose, to reach out her hand and grab Lucas by the throat, though, at the mere thought of giving ANY part of her to Julie.  If this happens, I expect Kate's heart to sprout legs, and hop right out of Julie and disappear into the vents.  Kate Roberts would definitely give Julie attitude or a piece of her mind but NEVER her heart.

Poor Dr. Rolf.  There are even steps too far for a mad scientist, and having sex with Kristen is one of them.  If only Brady had the same sense.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

Lucas was really good today.   Sarah is cute and good in friends mode.  

All the characters I like get ruined to prob Ben.  It’s becoming very annoying.  It would be nice for the show to have Ben and Ciara be wrong once in a while.  

What Jordan did to Ciara and baby Charlotte was wrong but  I don’t blame her for not wanting Ben around her child.  

Marlenas affection for Ben makes zero sense.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

It’s always so lovely to see Kayla; too bad we can’t see her in a storyline of her own that doesn’t involve her being the punching bag for the neverr-ending ish-storm that Steve brings upon her.

Hear, hear.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Rafael said:

Mike should be the patriach . Plus Michael T Weiss does not look like he is busy . I would like to see him return as Mike Horton.  why dont they try to lure him back ? 

I think Stefano should have ultimately succumbed to a deadly disease. He is the phoenix who survived car accidents ,bomb xplosions and so on but ultimately he couldnt survive nature. 

Michael T. Weiss doesn't have kind things to say about Days from what I heard so I doubt he wants to return and the fact that its been around 30 years tells me that its a safe bet he won't ever come back. He was my favorite Mike though. They don't try and lure him back because as I said before Horton men don't matter only the women do.

I agree about Stefano I thought when they talked about his diabetes that this would've been what killed him but nope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Kristen, Dr. Rolf probably would do a lot for you, but would not father your 'child'. He did make a point about your age. And sure, your womb is warm and toasty as an Easy Bake Oven - you do have to plug it in, and you only get a tiny cake from it.

I don't think Jordan is quite right still. However Ben and Ciara do not have to be entitled about it. Ben is probably right, but going to Marlena about it won't do much. She can't override the doctors at Bayview. She gave Ben good advice to not engage with his sister.

I am not Ben's biggest fan but he stayed in the hospital for more than 2 weeks, got necessary help, is making a life for himself outside prison/mental health institution. He is on medication, he has semi regular meetings with a psychiatrist. A whole lot more than some Salemites who have committed crimes.

Jordan may be pulling a nice con and she seems to be telegraphed to do something to Ciara. Returning the stuffie was a bit much. The kid won't know who gave it to him. Jordan does not know that Ben is still evil. People are fickle and can go between good and evil - the whole human spectrum.

Hope and Rafe make nice friends. Her outfit was a bit much and didn't seem to go - the print with the striped jacket.

I liked Brady and Sarah making a pact to keep the other away from their 'obsession'.

Poor Lucas.

Why was Kristen wearing knee high boots over her leather (faux leather) pants?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Michael T. Weiss doesn't have kind things to say about Days from what I heard so I doubt he wants to return and the fact that its been around 30 years tells me that its a safe bet he won't ever come back. He was my favorite Mike though. They don't try and lure him back because as I said before Horton men don't matter only the women do.

I agree about Stefano I thought when they talked about his diabetes that this would've been what killed him but nope.

I have heard the same thing about Michael T. Weiss, he too was my favorite and I loved him with Kayla, they had a nice vibe.  Mike should have been on the show and he should be the Horton patriarch and not Lucas. Mike has had more deeper connections to the Horton family over Lucas. 

The show has never done anything with Lucas as a Horton, He has never had any good stories as a Horton. I always forgot that he is even one until he shows up for the annual tree ceremony for Christmas. Plus, rumor has it that the show has never invested in Lucas because the powers that be have never believed that Bryan is leading male material.  So, they had no problem throwing him under the bus for Galen and James.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I have heard the same thing about Michael T. Weiss, he too was my favorite and I loved him with Kayla, they had a nice vibe.  Mike should have been on the show and he should be the Horton patriarch and not Lucas. Mike has had more deeper connections to the Horton family over Lucas. 

The show has never done anything with Lucas as a Horton, He has never had any good stories as a Horton. I always forgot that he is even one until he shows up for the annual tree ceremony for Christmas. Plus, rumor has it that the show has never invested in Lucas because the powers that be have never believed that Bryan is leading male material.  So, they had no problem throwing him under the bus for Galen and James.

Yep he apparently told a fan at a fan event how bad it was back then and it felt toxic to be there or something to that effect.  I can't imagine what being on Days might be like now when its so bad compared to back then. I like Lucas but yeah Mike has way more history I mean the secret of his paternity drove story for decades on Days. Its hard to believe how irrelevant the character became over the years after that except his brief relationship with Carrie.

I don't think its a rumor I think its true and I felt that way when Lucas was Sami's right hand man in the realm of scheming. BTW Lucas was always a Horton his paternity reveal was one of the early storylines he just didn't change his name to Horton until years later after he wanted to distance himself from Kate and be a better person.

I also think the show sees Casey Moss/JJ the exact same way.

Like I said Horton males don't mean as much to this show as the Horton women. Tom was an exception(maybe Mickey).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ehh I changed my mind and now have have to differ with others. I get vibes Ben’s gonna set Jordan up. Esp since he yelled that bullshit threat to Dr Marlena Evans if she wouldn’t help put Jordan away he’d do it on his own. I also know this show is booty so Jordan might go psychotic again and that scene and the one w Ciara saying maybe wait and see proved Ben was the only one who was right. What a hero! 

Haven’t we just went through this dumb stuff with Claire and Ben and Ciara’s crusade to prove her insanity and malice towards them? 

I’m high key pissed off Lucas isn’t on canvas as a regular and actually liked him with Chloe. And beyond pissed Kate’s said to be dying and Sami her decades long enemy, decades long friend, other half of what I think was the arguably best super-couple wasn’t there. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Haven’t we just went through this dumb stuff with Claire and Ben and Ciara’s crusade to prove her insanity and malice towards them? 

I’m high key pissed off Lucas isn’t on canvas as a regular and actually liked him with Chloe. And beyond pissed Kate’s said to be dying and Sami her decades long enemy, decades long friend, other half of what I think was the arguably best super-couple wasn’t there. 

I agree with everything you said.  

Ciara and Ben just do the same story over and over.  Can’t Ciara go to work and have a story separate from Ben. Since Ciara is the best brightest and family only hope it would be nice to see her be good at the business   Let’s see her be a ruthless business women.    

How would Ben feel if a handsome sane (this has to be said ) man was attracted with Ciara.  Would he be able to control his jealousy?  

Lucas and Sami were always my favorite.  Kate is Will’s and Allie’s grandmother.  Sami should at least be mentioned.  Maybe Will can mention he called her.  

• Love 4

BD has been terrible.  He's cried in every scene he's in and its terrible.  He just doesn the scrunchy face, no depth.   It doesn't help that I don't care if Kate dies.  It's too bad thsi show plays favorites because LK should have been let go by now. 

KA and CS must have gotten some recent work done on their faces.  It's all I notice in their scenes.   I hope MBE and MR don't go the route of DH, LK and KA.  Their faces look so much more natural. I'm ok with seeing the lines instead of that smooth shiny look where you can see the age in their necks. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoyed the Marlena/Kate scenes. I love their friendship.

Ditto!!! Scenes like that remind you that their friendship dates back to before Sami, Lucas, and Roman.  

I love Lucas's crying. At least it's an accurate portrayal of a child dealing with the severity of the situation. I'd rather have that then a conveniently placed tear run down his cheek.

I also think I love it because Lucas and Will are carrying this whole story. There seems to be a real imbalance here. It's like the writers know that we know they aren't killing Kate so there not bothering writing goodbye scenes for anyone.

Rafe barely blinked an eye when he heard how worse Kate was. Where are Roman, John, and Victor?

Ironically the most realistic/emotional reaction regarding Kate came from the Julie and Lucas scene. Who would of thought. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:
10 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoyed the Marlena/Kate scenes. I love their friendship.

I just wish they would confirm that Kate Roberts is  Kate Winograd. 

Hell,they had plenty of times to confirm this . 

Like that time when Kate and Eugenia drugged both Brandon and Sami and made it look like they slept together and then they tricked Lucas into walking in on them while both were fast asleep . 

When asked by Eugenia about the drugs Kate is using , Kate could have easily explained to Eugenia that she used to be a anesthesiologist until she lost her licence after being caught during a police raid being a mob doctor . so she knows what she is doing.  

There ,its that easy . 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Rafe barely blinked an eye when he heard how worse Kate was.

As opposed to his usual emotionally resonant blinking?

They say boredom is highly stressful, @Rafael.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Why do men constantly go insane over Jennifer? 

I understand why she DRIVES people insane, though......especially when she was in her slap-happy Dr. Dan phase....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rafael said:

I just wish they would confirm that Kate Roberts is  Kate Winograd. 

Hell,they had plenty of times to confirm this . 

Like that time when Kate and Eugenia drugged both Brandon and Sami and made it look like they slept together and then they tricked Lucas into walking in on them while both were fast asleep . 

When asked by Eugenia about the drugs Kate is using , Kate could have easily explained to Eugenia that she used to be a anesthesiologist until she lost her licence after being caught during a police raid being a mob doctor . so she knows what she is doing.  

There ,its that easy . 

Well they sort of changed the history, so she is more an amalgamation of "Kate Roberts" and "Kate Winagred". 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Rafael said:

It's like when Sarah had 3 men wanting her. Again, not with those eyebrows!

It's like, the Jennifer/Dr. Shah scenes are kinda good because MR is doing a great job with it and the Dr. Shah actor cracks me up but the story is so stupid and tired so I'm mostly just bored.

I don't even remember what else happened. I fast forwarded almost everything I think lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

This show is just hot with plastic verging on creepy women. From the young actress who plays Jordan to good ol Maggie who looked extra shiny and taut in her scenes with Julie today. Did she give Julie the second heart attack?! Way to blab to a sick woman!

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

It's like when Sarah had 3 men wanting her. Again, not with those eyebrows!

It's like, the Jennifer/Dr. Shah scenes are kinda good because MR is doing a great job with it and the Dr. Shah actor cracks me up but the story is so stupid and tired so I'm mostly just bored.

I don't even remember what else happened. I fast forwarded almost everything I think lol.

What the **** is it with women now and those Grouch Marx eyebrows? I think Jordans are worst, that and her pulled plasticine face are a crying shame on such a young woman. 

Just now, Silver Raven said:

Gee, thanks for the monologue back story, Xander.

Did Nicole work at the Center?  I thought she just worked at the church.

Okay, Shah is getting really creepy.

Aaand the second half of the show was preempted for non news.

Yep, they are always pre-empting Days for the same ol bullshit. With the happenings in the news now, be prepared to miss a lot. 

• Love 2
On 9/24/2019 at 5:11 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I also massively loved Kristen's spit take when she realized Rolf thought she was asking him to have sex with her--comedy gold indeed 🙂

She did say she wanted Dr. Rolf to get her pregnant.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep he apparently told a fan at a fan event how bad it was back then and it felt toxic to be there or something to that effect.  I can't imagine what being on Days might be like now when its so bad compared to back then. I like Lucas but yeah Mike has way more history I mean the secret of his paternity drove story for decades on Days. Its hard to believe how irrelevant the character became over the years after that except his brief relationship with Carrie.

I don't think its a rumor I think its true and I felt that way when Lucas was Sami's right hand man in the realm of scheming. BTW Lucas was always a Horton his paternity reveal was one of the early storylines he just didn't change his name to Horton until years later after he wanted to distance himself from Kate and be a better person.

I also think the show sees Casey Moss/JJ the exact same way.

Like I said Horton males don't mean as much to this show as the Horton women. Tom was an exception(maybe Mickey).

About MIckey they cared so much they made his sterile so they never cared for Mickey either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Not just Jennifer, but any woman who happens to be a Horton,.

Claire is a Horton this doesn't happen to her. 

5 hours ago, Rafael said:

Jennifer is feisty and can stand alone if needed she would be more of a challenge than the overly desperate females of the show like Kristen crazy men like to break that type of spirit. However none of these crazy dudes are set up well to explain this either.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

About MIckey they cared so much they made his sterile so they never cared for Mickey either.

Well that's true I forgot about that but he at least was a fixture on this show for decades as opposed to the other Horton men on this show not named Tom.

Speaking of Horton males I really liked JJ's scenes with Jack. I didn't even mind the Julie/Haley scene at the hospital either when Julie was wondering why JJ was avoiding her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Maggie thought she was going to have a threesome with Victor and Doug 😮

Break out the industrial-sized tub of Aspercreme, STAT!

I wonder if they make a Hummel for that?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So, what we saw today, that's supposed to be Nicole and Eric, happy?  So that's what "happy" looks like on the two of them.......hmmmm......

Nicole looked like she was ready to burst into tears and Eric looked like he just really needed a good long cry, that he could only go so long without whisper-talking in anguished tones for so long before he was gonna bust his buttons.  Nicole looked like she was ready to go back into hiding.  Eric and Nicole, I"m SO happy for you both!

Exactly how long is Julie going to linger on her death bed?  Is there a plug, anybody see a plug somewhere that I could pull?  Maggie looked ready to pull the plug on Julie herself after Julie told her she had to divorce Victor so she could marry Doug because somebody had to be there to make sure Doug didn't put his underpants on his head, or Drano in his coffee, something like that.  Maggie's outrage was justified.  Victor may be a sour, misogynistic, murderous old gasbag but AT LEAST he doesn't play the ukelele or sing during sex.  Some things are just one step too far.  Including sex with either one of them but I digress - which is better than sex with either one of them.

I wish they'd just let Julie get out of bed and go find Jennifer.  That'd teach Dr. Shah, once and for all.

So, do you think Kristen brought along a piece of tupperware for Sarah's embryo, or will she just slip in her purse?

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

So Julie had another heart attack because she learned that Jennifer is missing? There aren't any heart machines in her hospital room to monitor her? Surely she would be attached to one while awaiting a possible transplant/waiting for the transplant fairy to come her direction. At her age her prospects are poor.

I'm sure that Maggie would love to divorce Victor to marry Doug to take care of him. Whyyyyyy? Victor has the nice mansion with nice furniture and lots of space. Doug has.... what? His ukulele? She can spend her life cruising? Heck, Maggie can probably spend 6 months a year in a beautiful Greek villa. Doug can take care of himself and he is rich enough to hire a maid.

Oh Dr. Shah, we get the sob story or you and your mom. Hey, maybe it was a Norman Bates type relationship. All of a sudden you have been given some sort of backstory to explain your obsessive behavior. You, as a successful doctor, would not give blondie Jennifer Horton the time of day. There would be a lot of interested women - unless he shows other incel type behaviours. How did you get the key to Ted Laurent's apartment. He's been dead for a little bit and the suite should have been cleaned out already.

Eli, you do have a job and should not be letting JJ basically be commissioner of the day. You visit Grandma after work.

Eric and Nicole looked happy happy happy. Sarah is lucky to get a break from mopey sad Eric. Xander is a nice diversion. At least he seems to care in his odd little way.

• Love 7

Did anyone else think Jennifer was going to bring up Laura and her childhood as a way to " bond" with Henry? 

First I thought, oh really clever Jennifer will use Laura and her mental illness to help play Henry's game. I should of known better. 

• Love 5

Did anyone else think Jennifer was going to bring up Laura and her childhood as a way to " bond" with Henry? 

Definitely. But that would require the writers to know about Days history.

Did Nicole work at the Center?  I thought she just worked at the church.

She worked at the Center just before her "death." The church was a lot earlier.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, plurie said:

She worked at the Center just before her "death." The church was a lot earlier.

Wasn't this because she was required for her mandatory community service after she knocked out Chloe and fled town with Holly when  Chloe had custody?

At least at the Church, she was hired to work there even if it was because Father Eric felt sorry for her. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1